PDA

View Full Version : official statement as to why Derrick Rose isn't playing

jzek
05-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Muscle fukking memory problems - http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9239520/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-held-back-lack-muscle-memory-according-report

This has got to be the first ever case of an athlete not playing due to "muscle memory" problems! :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 04:29 PM
If there is no added risk of injury most guys would play. Maybe as high as 99%. And for this reason he's getting criticized. We can't remember the last time a player missed a whole season due to an ACL tear. I'm kind of done defending him.

But I will say this one final thing: Look at Iman Shumpert. They got hurt around the same time but instead of going ultra-safe like Rose is Shumpert came back as soon as he could, played half the season and the playoffs. Has it helped him? It helped the Knicks some and I can't argue that that's reason enough to say his return was a positive. But Shumpert's rep has taken a little hit, he now has a career sub-40% number shooting from the field and isn't generally viewed as positively as he was pre-injury. If he waited until he was 100%, which may take until next season, he'd probably be over 40%.

Unfortunately, getting back to Rose...that would be a weak reason to wait to return when your team needs you. Shumpert will have plenty of time to build his reputation up but if the Knicks lose this series in his absence a lot of players and fans would be wondering about him. Hinrich is out, Robinson has the flu, Deng is out, Noah has fasciitis...

I don't know what Rose is going through but this isn't what you want to see from your franchise player. It'd be one thing if he said he was still hurting..."muscle memory" is another.

NumberSix
05-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Lol. Derrick Rose is a fcuking joke. Absolutely pathetic.

Sarcastic
05-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Iman Shumpert is now finally coming back to his old form, and is a big reason the Knicks are up in the series with the Celtics. He's been wrecking havoc on Paul Pierce.

Nash
05-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Honestly, I hope he returns whenever he feels like it. I know Bulls fans are hating on him but there is no need to risk anything at this point. Unless you are in Rose's body then you guys don't know what is going on and if everything was OK I think Rose himself would be the happiest person right now.

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Iman Shumpert is now finally coming back to his old form, and is a big reason the Knicks are up in the series with the Celtics. He's been wrecking havoc on Paul Pierce.
He's done a good job defensively but Pierce is still averaging 20. It has more to do with Pierce being old, but I will again give him some of the credit.

SacJB Shady
05-03-2013, 04:38 PM
D lee should reach out to him... I think rose is just insecure. He wants to only play if he knows he's the baddest player on the court. 90 percent health isn't good enough for him

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Honestly, I hope he returns whenever he feels like it. I know Bulls fans are hating on him but there is no need to risk anything at this point. Unless you are in Rose's body then you guys don't know what is going on and if everything was OK I think Rose himself would be the happiest person right now.
The problem is that Rose himself said the problem is muscle memory. That means he's not talking about injury risk. We all saw what Chi was down to at PG last night. Is Nate Robinsonwith a flu with no back up better than Nate Robinson with a flu backed up by Rose?

Nash
05-03-2013, 04:43 PM
The problem is that Rose himself said the problem is muscle memory. That means he's not talking about injury risk. We all saw what Chi was down to at PG last night. Is Nate Robinsonwith a flu with no back up better than Nate Robinson with a flu backed up by Rose?
He is saying that the lack of muscle memory is affecting how his knee feels. If his knee is not 100% then its not, there is no point in risking it.

Sarcastic
He's done a good job defensively but Pierce is still averaging 20. It has more to do with Pierce being old, but I will again give him some of the credit.

Keep in mind Shumpert is supposed to be guarding Shooting and Point Guards, not Small Forwards. All things considered, he is doing great. Pierce is shooting 39% for the series as well.

Crafty
Nate's in mid-game puking non stop, Rose is sited right over there and that ain't enough for him to suit up and start playing? C'mon now

Heavincent
You know, he's probably healthier than most of the players on the Bulls roster right now.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-03-2013, 04:44 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

nathanjizzle
05-03-2013, 04:45 PM
how was that an official statement? the guy already looks bad, why even make him look worst by making false statements about him.

Pointguard
05-03-2013, 04:46 PM
If there is no added risk of injury most guys would play. Maybe as high as 99%. And for this reason he's getting criticized. We can't remember the last time a player missed a whole season due to an ACL tear. I'm kind of done defending him.

But I will say this one final thing: Look at Iman Shumpert. They got hurt around the same time but instead of going ultra-safe like Rose is Shumpert came back as soon as he could, played half the season and the playoffs. Has it helped him? It helped the Knicks some and I can't argue that that's reason enough to say his return was a positive. But Shumpert's rep has taken a little hit, he now has a career sub-40% number shooting from the field and isn't generally viewed as positively as he was pre-injury. If he waited until he was 100%, which may take until next season, he'd probably be over 40%.

Unfortunately, getting back to Rose...that would be a weak reason to wait to return when your team needs you. Shumpert will have plenty of time to build his reputation up but if the Knicks lose this series in his absence a lot of players and fans would be wondering about him. Hinrich is out, Robinson has the flu, Deng is out, Noah has fasciitis...

I don't know what Rose is going through but this isn't what you want to see from your franchise player. It'd be one thing if he said he was still hurting..."muscle memory" is another.

To suggest that he can come back in and play in a game 7 of a series due to injuries to others, is a bit crazy. He hobbles at times while doing layups. He's not going to be effective today, the next day or the next week. The franchise isn't going to play him cheap or play today's hero ball with their franchise. Rose is somebody who is intuitive and knows his body. Rose played the whole 2012 conservatively. Doctor's said nothing was wrong but during course of the year his leg got progressively worse. You don't hear anything from the franchise in regards to him dogging it. They are tight about it.

NumberSix
05-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Nate's in mid-game puking non stop, Rose is sited right over there and that ain't enough for him to suit up and start playing? C'mon now
:roll: :roll:

Nate be puking and playing hard. Noah playing on plantr fasciitis. Rose be on the bench talking about some muscle memory....

We talkin' bout muscle memory? Not an injury, but some muscle memory?

chosen_wun
05-03-2013, 04:50 PM
You can't forget your routines by tearing your ACL.

This better be a false report or else he's a disgrace to his team.

LikeABosh
05-03-2013, 04:52 PM
That muscle memory is a bitch. I broke my ankle once, never gained back my muscle memory. I'm now bound to a wheel chair :(

Crafty
:roll: :roll:

Nate be puking and playing hard. Noah playing on plantr fasciitis. Rose be on the bench talking about some muscle memory....

We talkin' bout muscle memory? Not an injury, but some muscle memory?
Yeah, and I totally forgot about Noah, I remeber in game 4 he has supposed to play 20-25 minutes and still went out and played almost 39.
Now Deng and Kirk are down too...

Rose is slowly losing respect

Real Men Wear Green
He is saying that the lack of muscle memory is affecting how his knee feels. If his knee is not 100% then its not, there is no point in risking it.
Here's what he said:
but he says that he just doesn't have the muscle memory back, is the way he put it," sideline reporter Rachel Nichols said during the network's coverage of Game 6 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals. Nichols also said that the lack of muscle memory is affecting the way Rose's knee feels and the way he shoots, and that until his body can react without him thinking about it, he doesn't want to be on the court and unsure of himself.That's concern over performance, not injury, and the point in "risking it" is to win a playoff series, which is why all players "risk it."
Keep in mind Shumpert is supposed to be guarding Shooting and Point Guards, not Small Forwards. All things considered, he is doing great. Pierce is shooting 39% for the series as well.
He's doing well but right now Pierce is playing point-forward. The Cs don't have a legit pg to set Pierce up to attack Shumpert the way he should, with post-ups. Instead Shumpert is getting to pressure Pierce out on the three-point line and worse, pressing Pierce full-court when Pierce takes the ball up. That works to Shumpert's advantage as he's the quicker, faster player. This is what Shumpert should do, always take advantage of your advantages but a younger Pierce or Pierce with Rondo wouldn't be struggling in this way.

HoopsFanNumero1
05-03-2013, 04:54 PM
:roll:

During game 6, Nate was puking while Rose was eating candy on the bench :lol

TheMarkMadsen
05-03-2013, 04:54 PM
It's to bad D Rose isn't listening to all these people telling him to come back before he's ready

I mean guys like Amare, Penny, Grant Hill, Michael Redd all came back to early and they were fine, never to see their injury reoccur again.

Dumb D Rose.

Side question: are Lebron stans D Rose stans as well? They seem to more invested in D Rose's return than actual Bulls fans

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 04:56 PM
To suggest that he can come back in and play in a game 7 of a series due to injuries to others, is a bit crazy. He hobbles at times while doing layups. He's not going to be effective today, the next day or the next week. The franchise isn't going to play him cheap or play today's hero ball with their franchise. Rose is somebody who is intuitive and knows his body. Rose played the whole 2012 conservatively. Doctor's said nothing was wrong but during course of the year his leg got progressively worse. You don't hear anything from the franchise in regards to him dogging it. They are tight about it.
Funny you mention the franchise. They are the ones that let the world know he was cleared to play by the doctors months ago, and that him not playing is his decision, not theirs. That's not helping the defense of Rose. Game 1 or Game 7, he can't even play a little second string to give Nate and his flu a breather? Again: He is medically cleared. No one is saying there is additional injury risk.

nathanjizzle
05-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Side question: are Lebron stans D Rose stans as well? They seem to more invested in D Rose's return than actual Bulls fans

no they are not, they are threatened by d roses success because it outshines lebrons, thats why they come into any thread about d rose and say something immature.

ClutchOver9000
05-03-2013, 04:58 PM
That muscle memory is a bitch. I broke my ankle once, never gained back my muscle memory. I'm now bound to a wheel chair :(

:lol

NumberSix
05-03-2013, 04:59 PM
It's to bad D Rose isn't listening to all these people telling him to come back before he's ready

I mean guys like Amare, Penny, Grant Hill, Michael Redd all came back to early and they were fine, never to see their injury reoccur again.

Dumb D Rose.

Rose isn't injured.

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 05:07 PM
no they are not, they are threatened by d roses success because it outshines lebrons, thats why they come into any thread about d rose and say something immature.
1 is not bigger than 4. You don't refute trolls by being the dumber troll.

TheMarkMadsen
05-03-2013, 05:10 PM

So why are Lebron fans so invested in D Rose's return, Melo fans don't seem to care, KD fans don't seem to care, Kobe fans don't seem to care, WB fans cared for a while, but even they seem to have lost interest in the subject

So why is it that in every D Rose thread you see an army of Lebron fans dissing on Rose?

AirMike
05-03-2013, 05:11 PM
muscle memory
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9360/bullshita.jpg

chosen_wun
05-03-2013, 05:12 PM
So why are Lebron fans so invested in D Rose's return, Melo fans don't seem to care, KD fans don't seem to care, Kobe fans don't seem to care, WB fans cared for a while, but even they seem to have lost interest in the subject

So why is it that in every D Rose thread you see an army of Lebron fans dissing on Rose?
Well, I want LeBron to play Rose. I do not find entertainment in the Heat playing the decimated Bulls. Rose should have been back ages ago, he is robbing fans of a great series because he's a *****.

nathanjizzle
05-03-2013, 05:14 PM

yea, and i guess kobe stans dont hate lebron either because they have 5 chips and he only has 1. makes sense. dumbass.
thats why they are mad, d rose is more popular than lebron at this point and again, they are threatened by it. you need proof for yourself? check every d rose thread and you are gauranteed to find a lebron fan saying something immature.

LikeABosh
05-03-2013, 05:15 PM
yea, and i guess kobe stans dont hate lebron either because they have 5 chips and he only has 1. makes sense.
thats why they are mad, d rose is more popular than lebron at this point and again, they are threatened by it. you need proof for yourself? check every d rose thread and you are gauranteed to find a heat fan saying something immature.
:durantunimpressed:

TheMarkMadsen
05-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Well, I want LeBron to play Rose. I do not find entertainment in the Heat playing the decimated Bulls. Rose should have been back ages ago, he is robbing fans of a great series because he's a *****.

They may be playing Brooklyn.

he is robbing fans of a great series because he's a *****.

It's hard to imagine a player who hasn't played all year coming back in the playoffs and having the same success and chemistry with his team that he has had in years past. This isn't 2k13 where you can just throw a 95 rated player coming off of injury back into the line up and still expect him to play like a 95

If Rose doesn't think he's ready to play he's not ready to play and it really doesn't matter what a bunch of people over a message board think, the Bulls organization apparently has no problems with Rose taking his time to return so why should we?

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 05:20 PM

Because Rose won an MVP and they're trolls. You really need me to explain the motivations of trolls?
yea, and i guess kobe stans dont hate lebron either because they have 5 chips and he only has 1. makes sense. dumbass.
thats why they are mad, d rose is more popular than lebron at this point and again, they are threatened by it. you need proof for yourself? check every d rose thread and you are gauranteed to find a heat fan saying something immature.
No, you don't get to just be an idiot without anyone saying anything. To requote you:
no they are not, they are threatened by d roses success because it outshines lebronsHow does Rose have more success than the 4-time MVP with a ring and 3 Finals appearances? Shut up.

nathanjizzle
05-03-2013, 05:20 PM
:durantunimpressed:

scroll up and count how many heat/ lebron stans said something negative to see how desperate you guys are.

NumberSix
05-03-2013, 05:23 PM
scroll up and count how many heat/ lebron stans said something negative to see how desperate you guys are.
Disliking isn't the same thing as being threatened. I dislike Perkins too. Doesn't mean I'm somehow threatened by him.

Derrick Rose is an insignificant player. Disliking him and thinking he's a puss doesn't mean you're threatened by him.

monkeypox
05-03-2013, 05:24 PM
I hate LeBron James and I was a big Rose fan before all this. I think it's time for Rose to give his MVP back. It was questionable whether or not he got it too early, but I gave him a pass because he was young and it looked like the sky was the limit with him. It turned out the real limit was his small mind.

HoopsFanNumero1
05-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Disliking isn't the same thing as being threatened. I dislike Perkins too. Doesn't mean I'm somehow threatened by him.

Derrick Rose is an insignificant player. Disliking him and thinking he's a puss doesn't mean you're threatened by him.

:applause:

nathanjizzle
05-03-2013, 05:26 PM

youre not just disliking, your obsessively pursuing to troll him on this forum, you are in every rose thread saying something stupid. even in this thread youve posted 3 times, and in the other rose thread theres countless posts.

but pls explain, before this whole acl injury, what was your reasoning to hate on rose so much?

ahem, because he outshined lebron in 2011.

TheReal Kendall
05-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Another thread about D.Rose not playing in the playoffs.:facepalm :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

NumberSix
05-03-2013, 05:28 PM
youre not just disliking, your obsessively pursuing to troll him on this forum, you are in every rose thread saying something stupid. even in this thread youve posted 3 times, and in the other rose thread theres countless posts.

but pls explain, before this whole acl injury, what was your reasoning to hate on rose so much?
He plays for Chicago. Obvi.

bagelred
05-03-2013, 05:31 PM
"Derrick....tell us....where are your Triceps?"

"Um......wait a second......I....I can't remember!!!....no, I can't remember...:cry: "

"There you have it folks. Mr. Rose has no muscle memory......"

Pointguard
05-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Funny you mention the franchise. They are the ones that let the world know he was cleared to play by the doctors months ago, and that him not playing is his decision, not theirs. That's not helping the defense of Rose. Game 1 or Game 7, he can't even play a little second string to give Nate and his flu a breather? Again: He is medically cleared. No one is saying there is additional injury risk.
Medically cleared is not equivalent to ready to play.

If you were paying me 100 million to play, then you would have stress if I didn't play. This is not questionable. Where is the franchise statement? Where are the player's statement? But the outsiders are running amok like they the insiders paying 100 mill.

Why don't the franchise guys just get his doctor's to say we are 100% sure nothing will happen? Right, I mean cleared supposedly means this already, so many of you are acting like this is a fact, and the front office can feel like they giving Rose the extra push to earn his 100 mill. Right.

Looking at an MRI is never the final word. Your doctor will always ask you if you feel right, well, if he is legit.

If he feels compromised, like he did in 2012, when constantly being cleared by doctors, but you could tell he knew something wasn't right (the not dunking or hard pivoting). You think he should risk himself for a breather? Would you be willing to trust the same doctors that couldn't see what was wrong before the big injury?

If he doesn't feel right, he doesn't feel right. If the Doctors had slowed him down before, he has to believe he never gets the tear. Why feel any rush now.

Djsonny
05-03-2013, 05:36 PM
as a prior rose fan, I went out and bought a jersey, after this season, I already sold it. This guy is a joke, your teammates are dying and you are 100% besides your mentality, but yet you cant help out your homies by putting in 10-15 mins, such a joke. His fan base is going to come down to bulls fans only. I really hope he doesnt make it to the all star team next year by having no fans vote him in. I was ok with him sitting out until he is ready BUT, your team doesnt even know who can suit up anymore, verge of elimination, cant, muscle memory, get outta here. He should give royce white a call and they can talk sensitive together

Sarcastic
05-03-2013, 05:38 PM
He's doing well but right now Pierce is playing point-forward. The Cs don't have a legit pg to set Pierce up to attack Shumpert the way he should, with post-ups. Instead Shumpert is getting to pressure Pierce out on the three-point line and worse, pressing Pierce full-court when Pierce takes the ball up. That works to Shumpert's advantage as he's the quicker, faster player. This is what Shumpert should do, always take advantage of your advantages but a younger Pierce or Pierce with Rondo wouldn't be struggling in this way.

It's also partly due to Shumpert getting his muscle memory back.

Blue&Orange
05-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Rose's brother said the problem was mental, so 2 days later Rose is on damage control.

So Rose with bad muscle memory wouldn't be able to help the bulls? Cause that's the only thing that matters here.

Miles and Miles
05-03-2013, 05:40 PM
No such thing as "muscle memory".

NumberSix
Anybody who is STILL defending Rose at this point is a lost cause.

NumberSix
Hope you're joking.

theBIGjabroni
05-03-2013, 05:41 PM

those fagggots are in every superstar thread bashing the player

HomieWeMajor
It's 2013 and dons are still getting trolled by NumberSix
Wisen up lads

jzek
how was that an official statement?

It's an official statement because "muscle memory problems" came straight from Derrick Rose himself when he was asked by Rachel Nichols. Can't get any official than that.

Dude's been playing basketball since he was little and now all of a sudden he has "muscle memory" problems?!? Give me a f*cking break! :roll:

Pointguard
05-03-2013, 05:48 PM

Dumb D Rose.

Rose isn't injured.
You know full well he's talking about the healing process. No internal injury fully leaves the body. If you broke your elbow at 6 years old when you get 70 you will feel it again.

buddha
05-03-2013, 05:53 PM
You know full well he's talking about the healing process. No internal injury fully leaves the body. If you broke your elbow at 6 years old when you get 70 you will feel it again.

thats not true at all. you will have a sore elbow because there is no cartilage left in your joints.

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 05:55 PM

If you were paying me 100 million to play, then you would have stress if I didn't play. This is not questionable. Where is the franchise statement? Where are the player's statement? But the outsiders are running amok like they the insiders paying 100 mill.

Why don't the franchise guys just get his doctor's to say we are 100% sure nothing will happen? Right, I mean cleared supposedly means this already, so many of you are acting like this is a fact, and the front office can feel like they giving Rose the extra push to earn his 100 mill. Right.You can't say a player that has no injury is "100%" guaranteed not to get hurt so they can't say that. What has been said is all that anyone other than Rose can say, which is that he's cleared medically. And now what Rose is saying is that he's worried about muscle memory. Basically, he's not as good of a player as he would like to be. Which is a legit concern but his team needs whatever he can give them right now. He missed the entire season and is now missing the postseason. When is the last time a player with this injury was out this long? It doesn't happen in modern medicine.

Crafty
05-03-2013, 05:56 PM

Are you serious?

imdaman99
05-03-2013, 05:58 PM
[chris crocker]leave derrick alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/chris crocker]

Noob Saibot
05-03-2013, 06:05 PM
If Derrick Rose was Liu Kang, then Earthrrealm would be absorbed with Outworld.

Clifton
05-03-2013, 06:11 PM
I went about fifteen months without touching a basketball once. Was living in a place where I had no access to facilities. The other day (week ago or so) I walked into a gym, picked up a ball, shot once, bricked. Shot again from 25 feet, swish. Made about 2/3 of my jumpers for ten minutes, left.

And I'm not a professional. I'm not even a HS Varsity-level talent. And I was never exceedingly great at shooting at the first place. Muscle memory is muscle memory - he's contradicting himself. It comes back really quick. What doesn't come back is the polish, but you can still be effective without that. The polish is what Westbrook is usually without for the first third of the season.

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 06:18 PM
I went about fifteen months without touching a basketball once. Was living in a place where I had no access to facilities. The other day (week ago or so) I walked into a gym, picked up a ball, shot once, bricked. Shot again from 25 feet, swish. Made about 2/3 of my jumpers for ten minutes, left.

And I'm not a professional. I'm not even a HS Varsity-level talent. And I was never exceedingly great at shooting at the first place. Muscle memory is muscle memory - he's contradicting himself. It comes back really quick. What doesn't come back is the polish, but you can still be effective without that. The polish is what Westbrook is usually without for the first third of the season.
A little in Rose's defense, what he's going through isn't quite as simple as rust. Although he should still be a great athlete when you have a ligament surgically repaired it's not going to be exactly the same as it was before you were injured. Although he said "muscle memory" it's not exactly/just muscle memory, it's getting used to what is going to be his new norm with that knee.

unbreakable
05-03-2013, 06:19 PM
would love to see Kblaze try and defend this bitch now

AngelEyes
05-03-2013, 06:25 PM
love Derrick but

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183182_10151588401508276_371367493_n.jpg

chosen_wun
05-03-2013, 06:26 PM
love Derrick but

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183182_10151588401508276_371367493_n.jpg
:eek:

nathanjizzle
05-03-2013, 06:27 PM

come to chicago bitch

Clifton
05-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Although he said "muscle memory" it's not exactly/just muscle memory, it's getting used to what is going to be his new norm with that knee.
I suppose he does have to become a new player in a way. Usually when players lose their physical advantages, it's gradual. Rose may age ten years from the last game he played to his next game. And that is tough.

But you gotta start sometime.

d.bball.guy
05-03-2013, 06:44 PM
He needs to come back. Stop being a selfish fvck while your teammates play their hearts out.

AussieG
05-03-2013, 06:47 PM
D lee should reach out to him... I think rose is just insecure. He wants to only play if he knows he's the baddest player on the court. 90 percent health isn't good enough for him
This has been the case for months.

Someone said.. "I understand if he doesn't want to risk it".

RISK WHAT?

Risk injury? No. And if that's the case, every player risks injury every time they are on the floor. Westbrook risked injury, so did Kobe.

Risk looking bad and putting up bad stats? More likely.

chosen_one6
05-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Quickly losing respect for this dude...

He was cleared 2 months ago and muscle memory is what's keeping him back huh? I guess his brother was speaking the truth when he said Rose was holding out because they knew the Bulls couldn't get past the Heat this season.

Smart for Derrick but it makes him look like a bitch.

KDthunderup
05-03-2013, 08:48 PM
I hate when people say he is out injured

fark off, he is probably the most healthy player on the bulls roster atm. He is out with a sore ******

black&scholes
05-03-2013, 10:12 PM

bump for kblaze

KnicksWolves
05-03-2013, 10:31 PM
love Derrick but

:applause: :lol :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
05-03-2013, 10:40 PM

Come on, man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_memory

Shepseskaf
05-03-2013, 11:11 PM
This is ridiculous. Why would any Chicago fan even start to defend this nonsense? If Rose is healthy, he needs to be on the floor.

I think he's listening to very bad advice.

SyRyanYang
05-03-2013, 11:15 PM
You know, he's probably healthier than most of the players on the Bulls roster right now.
Exactly. "risk of injury" my ass. As long as you play there is a risk.:facepalm

Derivative
05-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Rose needs a medical examination to see if he has testicles or not.

jzek
05-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Rose needs a medical examination to see if he has testicles or not.

DMAVS41
05-03-2013, 11:36 PM

If you were paying me 100 million to play, then you would have stress if I didn't play. This is not questionable. Where is the franchise statement? Where are the player's statement? But the outsiders are running amok like http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/roll.gifthey the insiders paying 100 mill.

Why don't the franchise guys just get his doctor's to say we are 100% sure nothing will happen? Right, I mean cleared supposedly means this already, so many of you are acting like this is a fact, and the front office can feel like they giving Rose the extra push to earn his 100 mill. Right.

Looking at an MRI is never the final word. Your doctor will always ask you if you feel right, well, if he is legit.

If he feels compromised, like he did in 2012, when constantly being cleared by doctors, but you could tell he knew something wasn't right (the not dunking or hard pivoting). You think he should risk himself for a breather? Would you be willing to trust the same doctors that couldn't see what was wrong before the big injury?

If he doesn't feel right, he doesn't feel right. If the Doctors had slowed him down before, he has to believe he never gets the tear. Why feel any rush now.

God. Shut up. He's healthy and he's choosing not to play. End of story....this new report just confirms everything we've known for 2 months now.

oh the horror
05-03-2013, 11:42 PM
I'm sorry but I can't see how some of you are defending this man. He's cleared to play and basically doesn't "feel" ready and is getting paid millions to hang out. That should never happen.

Derivative
05-03-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm sorry but I can't see how some of you are defending this man. He's cleared to play and basically doesn't "feel" ready and is getting paid millions to hang out. That should never happen.

espcially when his teammates are playing with all the injury and illnesses

Pointguard
05-04-2013, 12:05 AM
thats not true at all. you will have a sore elbow because there is no cartilage left in your joints.
Its not true at all and then you agree with me. You're no Buddha. You would have a sore head. But there is no substance in it. There is no knowledge because there is no knower.

You can't say a player that has no injury is "100%" guaranteed not to get hurt so they can't say that. What has been said is all that anyone other than Rose can say, which is that he's cleared medically. And now what Rose is saying is that he's worried about muscle memory. Basically, he's not as good of a player as he would like to be. Which is a legit concern but his team needs whatever he can give them right now. He missed the entire season and is now missing the postseason.
Name me another player in basketball whose knees are more at risk? Show me where the team is acting like its on him? You are projecting your ways on to the team. You are on the outside.

Rose is ready when he feels ready. He doesn't trust the doctors and if he feels something is not right, forget what the doctors say. They were wrong before. Human nature isn't that forgiving.

When is the last time a player with this injury was out this long? It doesn't happen in modern medicine.
Thats peer pressure stuff. You are caught up in your world and think you are the mouthpiece for modern science. Everybody is different and if he's getting paid, those who are paying 100 million would know more than his haters. Its a frenzy now, people think they can speed up the process by hating him harder :lol Its amazing the power he has over so many whom he would never recognize. Its his decision and if you don't get what you want you can create 1000 threads. It won't help you or the situation. But he's got the controls.

Things happen and if it ain't happening for him, guess what? it ain't happening. Some people have stake in that, others want to believe they are the owners and those in the know. But you have no answers, and no win. Rose has no need to consult or feel any pressure unless it comes from his employers. He knows the haters will always be there. So why would he cater to them?

DMAVS41
05-04-2013, 12:07 AM

It's just the same group of Rose morons that think this constitutes being injured...and the same group that wanted everyone to ignore Rose's inept play in the 2011 ECF...

Same old story. Rose can do no wrong...etc..blah blah blah

OhNoTimNoSho
05-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Its not true at all and then you agree with me. You're no Buddha. You would have a sore head. But there is no substance in it. There is no knowledge because there is no knower.

Name me another player in basketball whose knees are more at risk? Show me where the team is acting like its on him? You are projecting your ways on to the team. You are on the outside.

Rose is ready when he feels ready. He doesn't trust the doctors and if he feels something is not right, forget what the doctors say. They were wrong before. Human nature isn't that forgiving.

Thats peer pressure stuff. You are caught up in your world and think you are the mouthpiece for modern science. Everybody is different and if he's getting paid, those who are paying 100 million would know more than his haters. Its a frenzy now, people think they can speed up the process by hating him harder :lol Its amazing the power he has over so many whom he would never recognize. Its his decision and if you don't get what you want you can create 1000 threads. It won't help you or the situation. But he's got the controls.

Things happen and if it ain't happening for him, guess what? it ain't happening. Some people have stake in that, others want to believe they are the owners and those in the know. But you have no answers, and no win. Rose has no need to consult or feel any pressure unless it comes from his employers. He knows the haters will always be there. So why would he cater to them?Been reading some spiritual books or something? Your psychological mumbo jumbo sounds good, but is all wrong.

Pointguard
05-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Been reading some spiritual books or something? Your psychological mumbo jumbo sounds good, but is all wrong.
I was joking with Buddha, my guess your other screen-name? No serious intent. I found it funny he laid out an absolute, and then took it back in the same breath. That was a bit of a paradox for a guy named Buddha.

Shepseskaf
05-04-2013, 01:13 AM
Rose is nothing but a joke now. Has any former MVP fallen faster in public perception?

Y2Gezee
05-04-2013, 01:16 AM
Winning cures all eventually. But he's not doing himself any favors.

I mean honestly, the competition actually will improve from now on. This is a year where they had/have a chance to win a title. You don't squander those opportunities.

He would've just been better off telling people months ago that he's going to sit out the rest of the season. That would've gotten people off of his back. He needs new PR

tazb
05-04-2013, 01:18 AM
I don't understand how the **** Bulls fans are backing this weak minded ****** up? The team is in a position to make a run for the championship and your franchise player is 200% healthy on the bench, in a suit, because he's "not ready" :facepalm. It's been a year and about a week since his injury and he's been CLEARED to play for about 3 months now :facepalm:

willds09
05-04-2013, 01:20 AM
rose iz a bitch, iverson would of been came back:facepalm

jzek
05-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Any news on whether he'll play a few minutes tonight?

Trollsmasher
05-04-2013, 09:05 AM

ahem, because he outshined lebron in 2011.
That 6% shooting was truly so bad that it outshined everyone else. Well spoken:applause:

05-04-2013, 09:53 AM
It seems Derrick Rose can only accept seeing himself playing with freakish athleticism. Herky Jerky moves, dunking in traffic over 7 footers, running the floor like he wants to beat Usain Bolt. That's all he can do.

With all the time he has off, I hope he's at least improved in other ways like understanding the game better and show higher IQ. But he sits around and wishes his knee get back to the way it was before pre injury. That's why he won't play. he's scared he won't be able to physically outshine others.

Calabis
05-04-2013, 10:54 AM
How many of you posters, have actually tore an ACL? If you had the patella graph then you should know the pain and atrophy that comes along with it. Due to atrophy muscle memory must be relearned on the injured leg. Not too mention the time it takes for the patella to become pain free. Every one is different, accept it.

Grinder
05-04-2013, 10:57 AM
How many of you posters, have actually tore an ACL? If you had the patella graph then you should know the pain and atrophy that comes along with it. Due to atrophy muscle memory must be relearned on the injured leg. Not too mention the time it takes for the patella to become pain free. Every one is different, accept it.

I tore my ACL but had a hamstring graft. I was back in action 6 months after surgery and by the one year mark, I was pretty much 100%. I was pain free long before the 6 month mark.

Joey3000
05-04-2013, 11:22 AM
I think Roses plan just backfired. He didnt want to come back too quickly so he was hoping Chicago would just lay down with out him. However, even tho they are injured they are fighting hard, which in turn is making him look soft.

But like I said long ago... Rose is not the engine that makes this team work. They live off great defense and hustle. He is just glidder or icing on a cake. After they battle for a win, he just caps it off with a few superb plays and we all go Ohhhhhhhh!!! and put him in talks for best in the league.

This team has heart. I have new found respect for them. Ive lost all respect for Rose.

Darius
05-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Wow he just admitted that the reason he isn't playing is not due to injury concern but rather he is afraid he may look bad.

Ironically, now he really looks bad.

As do all the captain-save-a-hos around here going on about "he doesn't want to end up like arenas etc etc".

tomtucker
05-04-2013, 11:36 AM
It's just the same group of Rose morons that think this constitutes being injured...and the same group that wanted everyone to ignore Rose's inept play in the 2011 ECF...

Same old story. Rose can do no wrong...etc..blah blah blah

"The NCAA investigated allegations that a player on the 2007

FreezingTsmoove
05-04-2013, 11:49 AM
There's a joke in the MVP club. Would AI the Most Valuable Player to his team watch his backup Nate throw up on the bench? Would Lebron watch his weak ass Cavs team fight for their lives in the post season? Would ****ing the greatest Bull of all time watch his team from the bench in a goddamn game 7?

Pointguard
05-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Wow he just admitted that the reason he isn't playing is not due to injury concern but rather he is afraid he may look bad.

jzek
05-04-2013, 12:29 PM

Rose is medically cleared. He is 100% injury-free months ago.

NumberSix
05-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Rose is 100% pure bitch.

nathanjizzle
05-04-2013, 02:21 PM
I think Roses plan just backfired. He didnt want to come back too quickly so he was hoping Chicago would just lay down with out him. However, even tho they are injured they are fighting hard, which in turn is making him look soft.

But like I said long ago... Rose is not the engine that makes this team work. They live off great defense and hustle. He is just glidder or icing on a cake. After they battle for a win, he just caps it off with a few superb plays and we all go Ohhhhhhhh!!! and put him in talks for best in the league.

This team has heart. I have new found respect for them. Ive lost all respect for Rose.

you have to be the dumbest poster on this board. youre not even trolling youre dead serious about your opinion:facepalm

KingBeasley08
05-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Rose is a joke. That MVP award should be vacated

MARLO
05-04-2013, 02:27 PM
And what would happen if Rose came back right now after missing the entire season?

He won't be half the player he was, and he probably won't be able to play any better than Nate Robinson is playing atm.

He'd be a liability.

D.J.
05-04-2013, 02:30 PM
This is absolutely pathetic and I'm not even a Bulls fan. You have Hinrich, Deng, and Noah all playing through injuries. Hinrich's and Deng's are bad enough to the point where they can't play. You also have Nate Robinson playing through the flu and even vomiting on the bench. And here you have a medically cleared Derrick Rose, who out of his own mouth(and his brother's) admits it's mental not physical, sitting in a suit.

Take a look at the past MVP's. LeBron, Kobe, Dirk, Nash, KG, Duncan, Shaq, AI, MJ, Malone, and all the others. Do you think if they were cleared to play from an injury, they'd be remaining on the bench while their backup is playing through the flu and throwing up when they get to the bench?

The players and FO are going to defend Rose to keep the media off them. But deep down, there is no way they have a single ounce of respect for Rose at this point. Rose himself has said it's not physical. That indicates he's a mental midget. I have the utmost respect for this Bulls team. They're fighting through injuries/illness and still have a shot at advancing, even if they did blow a 3-1 lead. You can't question this team's heart. Derrick Rose on the other hand, not so much.

jzek
05-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Take a look at the past MVP's. LeBron, Kobe, Dirk, Nash, KG, Duncan, Shaq, AI, MJ, Malone, and all the others. Do you think if they were cleared to play from an injury, they'd be remaining on the bench while their backup is playing through the flu and throwing up when they get to the bench?

That's why Rose is a joke.

100% physically healthy and yet still won't play because he somehow "forgot" how to play basketball.

Pointguard
05-04-2013, 02:48 PM
The players and FO are going to defend Rose to keep the media off them.
Oh, so now you are their press agent and know the internal makings of the team. So you would pay somebody 150 mil and keep your mouth shut because you are afraid of the media. And then you talk about heart three sentences later?

But deep down, there is no way they have a single ounce of respect for Rose at this point. You know them deep down now too? So why would they not speak their minds. Could it possibly be they know more than you do?

Rose himself has said it's not physical. Hamstrings, muscles, soreness... Sounds physical to me.
That indicates he's a mental midget. I don't have to add anything here.

DMV2
05-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Look at Iman Shumpert. They got hurt around the same time but instead of going ultra-safe like Rose is Shumpert came back as soon as he could, played half the season and the playoffs. Has it helped him? It helped the Knicks some and I can't argue that that's reason enough to say his return was a positive. But Shumpert's rep has taken a little hit, he now has a career sub-40% number shooting from the field and isn't generally viewed as positively as he was pre-injury. If he waited until he was 100%, which may take until next season, he'd probably be over 40%.
Shump was shooting below and around .400 well before the injury, this was when Lin was lighting it up in NYC. Somehow he managed to get .401 before his rookie season ended. Shump's reputation is with his defense, his offense has always been piss poor to say the least.

D.J.
05-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Oh, so now you are their press agent and know the internal makings of the team. So you would pay somebody 150 mil and keep your mouth shut because you are afraid of the media. And then you talk about heart three sentences later?

It's called common sense. They're not going to go to the media and say "He's a f*cking bitch and needs to get his ass on the court". They're paying him $150 million and he's costing them money by not playing. And yes, I do mention heart. Something his teammates have and he doesn't.

You know them deep down now too? So why would they not speak their minds. Could it possibly be they know more than you do?

Why would they not speak their minds? Very simple. Speaking their minds can make the FO and coaching staff look like fools.

Hamstrings, muscles, soreness... Sounds physical to me. I don't have to add anything here.

You don't have to add anything because I'm right. Muscle memory is mental. If Rose had said "I still have pain" or "The soreness isn't going away", he'd get some slack. Saying "It's muscle memory" or "I want to dunk off my left foot first" shows no heart, a lack of character, and frankly...a lack of balls.

DuMa
05-04-2013, 02:58 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/5/58/350x700px-LL-580dc7eb_944934_589483291075383_663054445_n.jpeg

OG LeeTSkeeT
05-04-2013, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE]Derrick Rose (knee surgery) says he's in control of his rehab and nobody, including his brother, can tell him when or if to return to the court.
Rose had an impromptu media session after shootaround Saturday morning, addressing a lot of recent reports regarding his status, including his brother saying there's a "90 percent chance" Rose would return if the Bulls advanced. "My brother and them can

ILLsmak
05-04-2013, 04:51 PM

I'll repost this. I feel that Rose didn't want to come back and ruin the Bulls chemistry in REAL GAMES going down the stretch or in the playoffs. I think he wants to start with preseason. The Bulls weren't gonna go that far, anyway, without him getting 30 a night.

I don't defend him. I don't even like rose (altho I've seen him do some amazing shit), but I understand his point of view. It may be wrong, but that's why, I think.

-Smak

D.J.
05-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Derrick Rose (knee surgery) says he's in control of his rehab and nobody, including his brother, can tell him when or if to return to the court.

If??? Actually Derrick, your employer can tell you when to return.

DMAVS41
05-04-2013, 05:18 PM
You know them deep down now too? So why would they not speak their minds. Could it possibly be they know more than you do?
Hamstrings, muscles, soreness... Sounds physical to me. I don't have to add anything here.

Hahahahaha. Bitch-made.

His fans can't even admit it after it comes out that it's not physical from his Rose's own mouth.

:wtf:

"muscle memory"...what the hell is he even talking about?

Can't wait to watch Rose fail over and over again for the rest of his career...and then see his fans squirm and pretend he can do no wrong.

Keep in mind this is a player that could not have played worse in the 11 conference finals...then found a way to choke even harder in crunch time...while his fans continue to pretend it didn't happen.

ROFL...bitch-made.

Joey3000
05-04-2013, 09:01 PM
you have to be the dumbest poster on this board. youre not even trolling youre dead serious about your opinion:facepalm

Its not being dumb or trolling. I'm not a fanboy like u are. Rose is being a little b!tch and you are too much of a d!ck rider to call him out on it.

nathanjizzle
05-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Its not being dumb or trolling. I'm not a fanboy like u are. Rose is being a little b!tch and you are too much of a d!ck rider to call him out on it.

i think he should play, but thats not the point. your devaluating him by saying hes just the icing on the cake and that everyone else does the work. i gave you the stats already, you seem to cant read. here it is again.

here are the bulls records against the top 8 teams in the league for 3 seasons one with a healthy rose, one with a semi healthy rose, and one with no rose.

2010-2011 (healthy rose)
14-7

2011-2012 (semi healthy rose)
9-6

2012-2013 (no rose)
5-12

jzek
05-05-2013, 08:20 AM
There is no way he is sitting out the Heat series. If he has a small amount of brain matter, he'll play.

necya
05-05-2013, 09:33 AM
i don't understand all the hating comments, dude has a serious injury who takes TIME to recover. obviously, the best choice is to wait the next season and thinking about the next 10 years. that's what you have to do with a player of his caliber.

STATUTORY
05-05-2013, 09:39 AM
i don't understand all the hating comments, dude has a serious injury who takes TIME to recover. obviously, the best choice is to wait the next season and thinking about the next 10 years. that's what you have to do with a player of his caliber.

dude is physically completely fine. he don't wanna play cause he has basketball PTSD or some shit. needs to sack up before his career goes Royce White style

Ne 1
05-05-2013, 10:10 AM
I honestly don't see the big deal in what he said. This is essentially what he's been saying for the past month or so. His timing is off. He wants to get to the point where he's reacting whether than thinking. He can probably physically do some things, but it's not instinctual just yet. That's where muscle memory comes into play. People are acting fickle over this. He's obviously not completely comfortable moving at full speed over a long period of time. Do y'all really want Rose out there being half the player just so the Bulls can get beat in the second round?

Muscle memory (mind you im not reading all the other shit in this thread) is your body being used to the movements in real game time situations ( assuming were talking about Rose here) in things like combat sports, jiujitsu for example, muscle memory relates to just performing a complex task (slappin on a triangle choke for instance one arm in, one out, head control, wrist control, pulling the arm across, foot on the hip to pivot to get an angle, countering his attempts to counter, etc.) and doing it from so many repetitions of practice

Rose is talking about just doing real life "basketball moves" in game time speed. Basically, he's so used to doing that hop step in the lane, and he thinks he's going to re-tear his acl doing it. Yeah, he's able to dunk in practice/warm ups with no problem but his body and mind knows he's not at the point where he can do some shit like this just cause of how much force/stress it puts on his left knee...and if he's not at this point yet, why even have him out there? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dun2_1-D4Qk

GatorKid117
05-05-2013, 10:15 AM

He has been cleared medically to play. Sitting out longer does not guarantee him playing injury free for the next 10 years. He is no more likely to get injured playing now than at the start of next season.

More time guarantees nothing.

Shepseskaf
05-05-2013, 10:16 AM
I honestly don't see the big deal in what he said. This is essentially what he's been saying for the past month or so. His timing is off. He wants to get to the point where he's reacting whether than thinking.
He can do that by playing limited minutes, while giving his team and Bulls fans a lift. The longer he waits, the worse its going to get.

chosen_one6
05-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Derrick Rose said his status for the rest of the playoffs is "up in the air," but Adrian Wojnarowski contends that Rose has decided not to play this season.
Wojo cites "sources with the direct knowledge" who claim Rose has made a choice to rest his surgically-repaired left knee for the duration of the playoffs. The Bulls are used to playing without their resident MVP and they're simply hoping to have Kirk Hinrich (calf) and Luol Deng (illness) in uniform for Game 1 on Monday.

Pointguard
05-05-2013, 12:44 PM
It's called common sense. They're not going to go to the media and say "He's a f*cking bitch and needs to get his ass on the court". They're paying him $150 million and he's costing them money by not playing. And yes, I do mention heart. Something his teammates have and he doesn't.

Commonsense to me would be I'm paying him 120 mil. and I am paying these doctors/consultants/rehab expenses over a few mil. I am going to speak about it. The media isn't their boss. If they wanted to they can get the doctor/consultant issue a statement that Derrick is fine. Then Derrick could only get made at the consultant, who is doing what he gets paid to do. You want to believe that its hard to do, cause it suits your agenda.

Once you are able to pay out 100's of millions of dollars. There is nothing that is hard to do.

The Bulls player are not handicapped from speaking out. They owe nothing to Derrick Rose. Noah and Boozer speak their minds as much as any other player. What's your excuse there? Kobe has way more power than Rose does and I heard two players speak out about him. But you want to believe that speaking out is something hard to do.

Why would they not speak their minds? Very simple. Speaking their minds can make the FO and coaching staff look like fools.

How can you look like a fool if you are right and got the truth on your side. You only look like a fool when you are wrong and fought like crazy to prove yourself wrong (like Dmav41 posting career).

You don't have to add anything because I'm right. Muscle memory is mental. If Rose had said "I still have pain" or "The soreness isn't going away", he'd get some slack. Saying "It's muscle memory" or "I want to dunk off my left foot first" shows no heart, a lack of character, and frankly...a lack of balls.
If you don't hear it directly from him, its not an official statement, its hearsay. And a lot of people will take it to the bank and draw their own conclusions and jump to whatever opinions. You have to have balls to not care what people think and do things as you see right. Any other type of balls will never do you any favors in life.

Pointguard
05-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Can't wait to watch Rose fail over and over again for the rest of his career...and then see his fans squirm and pretend he can do no wrong.

I told you to watch your tone. The Mods aren't going to save you because you cursed them as well.

You are too old to be a hater like that quote suggest. That's really childish and sadistic. You hate somebody that much??? You are really an incredibly bitter person. No wonder you fall apart in your arguments. You can't be healthy flowing like that. Its a sport, a game and Rose is a young man thriving. I knew your hate was always there, but pressure eventually cracked you and your true self came spilling out in the quote above. You are a true life Humpty Dumpty. The egg is a fertility symbol and proof that bitter haters like you will give birth to more haters. When you fell off of the wall, that's when you probably tore your ACL.

Well if it makes you feel any better Rose is still going to get his roughly 300million one way or the other. He's made a lot more than your favorite player too. History will forever see his name as an MVP in the sport you love too: Love to the point that come here as a stone cold nut case hater. You know if you had high standards like Rose you would likely not be a bitter hating grump like you are now. You should do like Rose and only participate when you are healthy. :lol

D.J.
05-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Commonsense to me would be I'm paying him 120 mil. and I am paying these doctors/consultants/rehab expenses over a few mil. I am going to speak about it. The media isn't their boss. If they wanted to they can get the doctor/consultant issue a statement that Derrick is fine. Then Derrick could only get made at the consultant, who is doing what he gets paid to do. You want to believe that its hard to do, cause it suits your agenda.

Once you are able to pay out 100's of millions of dollars. There is nothing that is hard to do.

The Bulls player are not handicapped from speaking out. They owe nothing to Derrick Rose. Noah and Boozer speak their minds as much as any other player. What's your excuse there? Kobe has way more power than Rose does and I heard two players speak out about him. But you want to believe that speaking out is something hard to do.

So because I call it as I see it, I have an agenda? You're just a blind Rose homer. Noah and Boozer aren't going to speak out and make their organization look bad, even if what they say is true. That's career suicide. Multiple doctors have cleared Rose to play. There's no excuse.

How can you look like a fool if you are right and got the truth on your side. You only look like a fool when you are wrong and fought like crazy to prove yourself wrong (like Dmav41 posting career).

And now you just lost all credibility by attacking another poster.

If you don't hear it directly from him, its not an official statement, its hearsay. And a lot of people will take it to the bank and draw their own conclusions and jump to whatever opinions. You have to have balls to not care what people think and do things as you see right. Any other type of balls will never do you any favors in life.

"I was able to speak with Derrick off-camera a couple days ago, and he's telling me how badly he does want to be out there, but he says that he just doesn't have the muscle memory back, is the way he put it".

She's not going to say something false and risk losing her job. She doesn't have the job security the players have. It's all mental with Rose. He was cleared to play 2 months ago and keeps everything up in the air with maybe I'll play, maybe I won't.

Dubs510
05-05-2013, 01:46 PM
so pathetic! even david lee is trying to play thru his injury :applause: :applause:

D.J.
05-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Derrick Rose said his status for the rest of the playoffs is "up in the air," but Adrian Wojnarowski contends that Rose has decided not to play this season.
Wojo cites "sources with the direct knowledge" who claim Rose has made a choice to rest his surgically-repaired left knee for the duration of the playoffs. The Bulls are used to playing without their resident MVP and they're simply hoping to have Kirk Hinrich (calf) and Luol Deng (illness) in uniform for Game 1 on Monday.

Pathetic.

KungFuJoe
05-05-2013, 01:57 PM
I don't see how anyone can possibly defend Rose and actually be sincere. I think the people here who are defending him are just trolls looking to be THAT guy.

His teammates and FO only defend him because it's playoffs and they don't want any drama. But do you honestly think, for one second, that someone like Noah isn't really thinking to himself what a little bitch Rose is?

Here are the facts:

- He was cleared months ago
- Shumbert tore his knee to shreds and came back earlier in the season let alone the playoffs.
- Bulls made the playoffs with dudes getting hurt and dropping like flies. Not like they were completely healthy with the exception of Rose. If there ever was a time when he was needed most...this is it.
- That total bullshit line about muscle memory. Are you ****ing kidding me? Muscle memory? MAYBE I could under residual pain or the knee feeling unstable but muscle memory? What the **** does that even mean? He can't give 10-15 strong backup minutes?

Basically, Rose is a mental midget. He's like RJJ when he got dropped by Tarver and his sense of invulnerability was shattered. He's lost it and I doubt he'll ever be the same. He just lacks heart.

OhNoTimNoSho
05-05-2013, 03:07 PM
I honestly don't see the big deal in what he said. This is essentially what he's been saying for the past month or so. His timing is off. He wants to get to the point where he's reacting whether than thinking. He can probably physically do some things, but it's not instinctual just yet. That's where muscle memory comes into play. People are acting fickle over this. He's obviously not completely comfortable moving at full speed over a long period of time. Do y'all really want Rose out there being half the player just so the Bulls can get beat in the second round?

Muscle memory (mind you im not reading all the other shit in this thread) is your body being used to the movements in real game time situations ( assuming were talking about Rose here) in things like combat sports, jiujitsu for example, muscle memory relates to just performing a complex task (slappin on a triangle choke for instance one arm in, one out, head control, wrist control, pulling the arm across, foot on the hip to pivot to get an angle, countering his attempts to counter, etc.) and doing it from so many repetitions of practice

Rose is talking about just doing real life "basketball moves" in game time speed. Basically, he's so used to doing that hop step in the lane, and he thinks he's going to re-tear his acl doing it. Yeah, he's able to dunk in practice/warm ups with no problem but his body and mind knows he's not at the point where he can do some shit like this just cause of how much force/stress it puts on his left knee...and if he's not at this point yet, why even have him out there? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dun2_1-D4Qk
Yes because humans cannot at all adapt and are rigid inflexible beings.

Why have him out there? Have you read any of this thread?

eSOL
05-05-2013, 03:44 PM

Lol you dumb as **** man.

Iceberg Slim
05-05-2013, 04:03 PM
99 problems and muscle memory is one of them :coleman:

Zodiac
05-05-2013, 04:13 PM
"hello Boss"

"hey John what's up"

"I can't make it to work today, my muscle memory is acting up."

"....wut?"

"yeah, my muscle memory has been off lately, don't think I should be driving or doing anything that involves physical activity"

"John...."

"yea?"

"If your ass isn't in your cubicle by 11 consider yourself fired"

"Damnit"

That's how that convo would go in the real world

Pointguard
05-05-2013, 06:39 PM
So because I call it as I see it, I have an agenda? You're just a blind Rose homer. Noah and Boozer aren't going to speak out and make their organization look bad, even if what they say is true. That's career suicide. Multiple doctors have cleared Rose to play. There's no excuse.

You have an agenda because of your lopsided views. Because you think its commonsense for people to not speak out about their 120 million dollar investment. How is the organization going to look bad if Noah expresses his own opinion? Please share this. Noah's opinion on KG is his opinion and not the organizations and its the same here. Trust me the consultant on this matter works for the Bulls, not Derrick Rose or the media. He has the ability to speak out.

And now you just lost all credibility by attacking another poster.

ughh, this is Ish. We fight our own battles here, kid. We don't gain or lose credibility thru other posters. Its more like Queensbridge here, than Astoria. You keep trying to run behind that nut and see what favors it gets you. I can't believe you said something so lame.

She's not going to say something false and risk losing her job. She doesn't have the job security the players have. It's all mental with Rose. He was cleared to play 2 months ago and keeps everything up in the air with maybe I'll play, maybe I won't.
Everybody heals their own way. The people who have 100 mil invested, have docs and consultants on the case. Their consultant can speak out on the matter if it need be. You are a poster on a board. The Bulls organization or individual team members have not said a word against Rose. They all seem tight and on the same page. Their involvement vs your involvement is miles apart. You know nothing but you have a very strong bias based on third and fourth hand information. But you seem convinced and they are unified and are right there with him - first hand with all types of professional and docs.

Figure it out.

D.J.
05-05-2013, 07:03 PM
You have an agenda because of your lopsided views. Because you think its commonsense for people to not speak out about their 120 million dollar investment. How is the organization going to look bad if Noah expresses his own opinion? Please share this. Noah's opinion on KG is his opinion and not the organizations and its the same here. Trust me the consultant on this matter works for the Bulls, not Derrick Rose or the media. He has the ability to speak out.

My views are more representative of reality. How is the organization going to look bad? Very simple. Someone opens up about Rose and how they've lost respect for him, people are going to look at the organization and blame them for letting Rose do whatever he wants. Hell many people are already doing that. No player on the team is dumb enough to criticize on a matter from within. Everyone has the ability to speak out. Repercussions are another matter.

ughh, this is Ish. We fight our own battles here, kid. We don't gain or lose credibility thru other posters. Its more like Queensbridge here, than Astoria. You keep trying to run behind that nut and see what favors it gets you. I can't believe you said something so lame.

I grew up in LIC. You don't call someone out like that without expecting them to come at you. And yes, you did lose credibility. I don't agree with most of his views either, but I don't go bashing him because I disagree and then bring him up in a debate he has absolutely nothing to do with. That shit may fly on ISH, but you'd be in a hell of a lot of trouble if you pulled that shit in the hood. Best to learn when to open your mouth and when to keep it shut.

Everybody heals their own way. The people who have 100 mil invested, have docs and consultants on the case. Their consultant can speak out on the matter if it need be. You are a poster on a board. The Bulls organization or individual team members have not said a word against Rose. They all seem tight and on the same page. Their involvement vs your involvement is miles apart. You know nothing but you have a very strong bias based on third and fourth hand information. But you seem convinced and they are unified and are right there with him - first hand with all types of professional and docs.

And yet he was cleared to play 2 months ago and has multiple excuses as to why he's not playing. Then when asked if he's going to play, he says it's "up in the air". If you're going to play, say it. If you're not, then just come out with it. Rose is looking like a little bitch. No other superstar would be sitting on the bench after being cleared to play while their backup busts their ass and pukes the second they sit on the bench. That is 100% on Rose. I really shouldn't give Rose 100% blame. The organization should be receiving blame too for not putting Rose in his place.

Compared to your input, mine is not at all biased. Many other pro athletes have torn their ACL's. I've played ball with people who tore their ACL's. Some posters here have to their ACL's. A good amount of people I know who tore their ACL's were back in 6 months. Most were back within 8 months and all in less than a year. Everyone is different, but when your own teammate says you're dominating in practice and you have your brother speak for you to the media, you look like a pansy.

DMAVS41
05-05-2013, 08:03 PM
I told you to watch your tone. The Mods aren't going to save you because you cursed them as well.

You are too old to be a hater like that quote suggest. That's really childish and sadistic. You hate somebody that much??? You are really an incredibly bitter person. No wonder you fall apart in your arguments. You can't be healthy flowing like that. Its a sport, a game and Rose is a young man thriving. I knew your hate was always there, but pressure eventually cracked you and your true self came spilling out in the quote above. You are a true life Humpty Dumpty. The egg is a fertility symbol and proof that bitter haters like you will give birth to more haters. When you fell off of the wall, that's when you probably tore your ACL.

Well if it makes you feel any better Rose is still going to get his roughly 300million one way or the other. He's made a lot more than your favorite player too. History will forever see his name as an MVP in the sport you love too: Love to the point that come here as a stone cold nut case hater. You know if you had high standards like Rose you would likely not be a bitter hating grump like you are now. You should do like Rose and only participate when you are healthy. :lol

Notice how your posts attack me constantly. I am a random person on the internet making comments.

I couldn't care less what you think of me. But what I've said has now just become true.

Rose, himself, has basically admitted he is fine. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that he's at a higher risk for injury.

I've said all along that he should not come back unless he's medically ready. And guess what...it is now essentially confirmed that he's medically ready and he's choosing not to play for reasons about uncertainty in his mind or some nonsense about making a statement about the Bulls not giving him enough help...as his camp as indicated.

And all that arguing about how good the Bulls are is over as well. They just won a playoff series without Rose....and Deng and Hinrich...and an injured Noah.

The "help" argument has been lost by you as well. Remember when you used to say that nobody on the Bulls could score without Rose's help and all that other BS?

Just yield and admit the Bulls are much better than you thought they were...and you can admit that Rose has no justifiable reason medically to not play.

And then go **** yourself you arrogant prick. LOL at telling me to watch my tone...:roll:

KingBeasley08
05-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Rose is a bum. I remember two years ago I told Bulls fans that his MVP would be looked at in the future as one of the worst in NBA history and got called a troll. Ended up lookin like Nostradamus. Dude's got no heart and lacks will. Hell, he's been overrated on this site by Bulls fans forever. Called clutch and chokes in the ECF. Not surprised that these same people are defending his p*ssy acts now.

Artillery
05-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Rose is a goddamn clown and the worst MVP in recent memory. What's funny is that if the Bulls were one game away from winning the championship, he'd immediately come back and try to take part in the glory. Getting sick of players like him and Dwight - guys that expect to be handed a championship without having to work for it.

Pointguard
05-06-2013, 12:55 AM
My views are more representative of reality. How is the organization going to look bad? Very simple. Someone opens up about Rose and how they've lost respect for him, people are going to look at the organization and blame them for letting Rose do whatever he wants. Hell many people are already doing that. No player on the team is dumb enough to criticize on a matter from within. Everyone has the ability to speak out. Repercussions are another matter.

Really??? somebody that matters has said this? You know that nobody close to this matter has said anything like that. Why are you saying this if you know nobody who really counts has said this?

Nobody has to say they lost respect for Rose. They can simply say they think he's ready and don't understand him not coming back. The organization can easily get people to say that, if they indeed, believed that. Its a super competitive sport. There's no code of silence as you suggest.

I grew up in LIC. You don't call someone out like that without expecting them to come at you. And yes, you did lose credibility. I don't agree with most of his views either, but I don't go bashing him because I disagree and then bring him up in a debate he has absolutely nothing to do with. That shit may fly on ISH, but you'd be in a hell of a lot of trouble if you pulled that shit in the hood. Best to learn when to open your mouth and when to keep it shut.
You really think I could care less about people coming at me? Watch me post, I don't have those concerns. I was calling him out and any street learning you should have learned would clearly see that. Credibility in a hater thread is not something I will ever subscribe to. You can't contain a hater, you can only hope to enlighten them. I could see somebody who wanted to be the grand master of haters wanting credibility but I don't go that route.

Compared to your input, mine is not at all biased. Many other pro athletes have torn their ACL's. I've played ball with people who tore their ACL's. Some posters here have to their ACL's. A good amount of people I know who tore their ACL's were back in 6 months. Most were back within 8 months and all in less than a year. Everyone is different, but when your own teammate says you're dominating in practice and you have your brother speak for you to the media, you look like a pansy.

When Rose is ready he will play. When management is convinced he is dogging it they will speak up. But the whole organization is air tight. They on the same page. Whenever the people on the inside are united and one way on some stand, without a dissenting voice, it because they know more than the people on the outside. Their is usually a dissenting voice when things are cool. And if its a guy getting 100 million more than his peers, as in Derrick's case, along with the pressure and stress the Bulls are in - its nearly impossible to get a unanimous stand.

In your whole life you have observed that unequal money of tremendous proportions, stress and pressure can ruin a good tight family of of only five but somehow the Bulls family of 75 can be united in this whole ordeal and some people dislike him in the organization. Do you think its magic?

Pointguard
05-06-2013, 01:04 AM
Notice how your posts attack me constantly. I am a random person on the internet making comments.

I couldn't care less what you think of me. But what I've said has now just become true.
I don't need you to care. But I will make fun of you if you don't watch your tone.

Rose, himself, has basically admitted he is fine. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that he's at a higher risk for injury.

I've said all along that he should not come back unless he's medically ready. And guess what...it is now essentially confirmed that he's medically ready and he's choosing not to play for reasons about uncertainty in his mind or some nonsense about making a statement about the Bulls not giving him enough help...as his camp as indicated.
Read the post above.

LOL at telling me to watch my tone...:roll:
:lol you started off so well. But you made your own bed.

jzek
05-06-2013, 08:53 AM
So any news for tonight? Still sitting out or what? :oldlol: