PDA

View Full Version : Kobe suing his Mother

PJR
05-03-2013, 05:42 PM
CAMDEN, N.J. -- Kobe Bryant is in a court battle to try to keep his mother from auctioning off mementos from his high school days in Pennsylvania and his early years with the Los Angeles Lakers.

A New Jersey auction house filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Camden on Thursday for the right to sell the stuff after the NBA star's lawyers wrote the firm telling it to cancel a planned June auction.

Bryant

The disagreement is a high-value, high-profile version of a question many families face: Can Mom get rid of the stuff a grown child left at home?

Pamela Bryant intends to sell: the NBA star's jerseys, practice gear and sweatsuits from Lower Merion High School; varsity letters; a trophy for being the outstanding player at the 1995 Adidas ABCD basketball camp; and a signed basketball from the 2000 NBA championship game.

And then there are rings, for the 1996 Pennsylvania high school championship, a pair that the Lakers made for Bryant's parents for the 2000 NBA championship and one from the 1998 NBA All-Star Game.

According to court filings, Pamela Bryant struck a deal in January with Goldin Auctions in Berlin, N.J., which earlier this year sold a rare Honus Wagner baseball card for a record $2.1 million.

She got $450,000 up front, which she intended to use for a new home in Nevada.

A source told ESPN that Kobe Bryant offered to pay his mother up $250,000 toward a home she wanted.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9238503/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-battles-mom-nj-business-auction

:coleman:

Xsatyr
05-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Damn... I have to take Kobe's side on this. Is she not financially stable right now?

theBIGjabroni
05-03-2013, 05:44 PM
damn this guy is always dealing with off court sh.it an still manages to be the best in the league.

TheMarkMadsen
05-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Marshal mathersbe

TylerOO
05-03-2013, 05:46 PM
What an asshole

Foster5k
05-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Sounds like MomBe is greedy. Kobe was going give her 250k towards a new house. However, she wanted more money.

Kobe should give her about 500k-900k to not sell the items and give them back to him. If she does not agree, I wouldnt' give her a dime ever again. You want your son or you want the money?

imdaman99
05-03-2013, 05:47 PM
im sorry kobe, i never meant to make you cry.
but tonight, im cleanin out your closet
:banana:

IncarceratedBob
05-03-2013, 05:48 PM
What an asshole
this

you're supposed to be a mother not a gold digging bitch, she wasn't with him shooting in the gym

AngelEyes
What an asshole

You'd think his mother would be called an asshole for auctioning off items that belonged to Kobe that probably have a lot of personal value to him... doesn't sound like a very nice thing to do.

Nash
Kobe makes one gazillion dollars a year and as far as I know has a good relationship with his parents. Sounds like complete BS to me.

PrettyCool
05-03-2013, 05:49 PM
That woman did not deserve to have Godbe inside of her. Especially for 9 glorious months.

R.I.P.
05-03-2013, 05:49 PM
You

Haymaker
05-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Seems like Kobe has some shitty parents. What kind of a mother would blackmail her son for money? What kind of parents don't assist his son's wedding because of his bride's race?

TheMarkMadsen
05-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Kobe makes one gazillion dollars a year and as far as I know has a good relationship with his parents. Sounds like complete BS to me.

Well apparently you don't know shit considering Kobe & his parents haven't been on good terms in YEARS.

Djsonny
05-03-2013, 05:51 PM
for kobe not to build his mom a house, must mean they arent close, for his mom to sell off his stuff, must confirm they arent close. I hope he sues and wins, gets his stuff back, and she has to give back 450k, most likely will be sued by the auction company.

LikeABosh
05-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Net worth of 500 mill and doesn't support his own momma? Great guy.

DonDadda59
05-03-2013, 05:54 PM
ExtortedBe
ProdigalSonBe
F*ckYoTrophyBe

:(

PrettyCool
05-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Net worth of 500 mill and doesn't support his own momma? Great guy.

Yeah it's pretty bad. Even Bron supports his crack whore, teammate banging mom.

Kiddlovesnets
05-03-2013, 05:56 PM
If you are worth of hundreds of millions of dollars, while your mom is struggling to make a living like this, something is seriously wrong.

gengiskhan
05-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Crazed ranting removed

chazzy
05-03-2013, 05:57 PM
His given his parents millions over the years, wonder if she blew it all

IncarceratedBob
05-03-2013, 05:58 PM
If you are worth of hundreds of millions of dollars, while your mom is struggling to make a living like this, something is seriously wrong.
His mom was a deadbeat, and had absolutely NOTHING to do with Kobe becoming one of the all time great players in NBA history. He's a self made man

Crafty
05-03-2013, 05:58 PM
That's a BS move by her, but the dude makes 30mil/year and doesn't support the mother? Weird asf

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 05:59 PM
A child suing their parent (or vice versa) is always sad.

AngelEyes
05-03-2013, 06:00 PM
That's a BS move by her, but the dude makes 30mil/year and doesn't support the mother? Weird asf

How do you know he doesn't support her? She may have pissed it all away.

TheReal Kendall
05-03-2013, 06:00 PM
this

you're supposed to be a mother not a gold digging bitch, she wasn't with him shooting in the gym

She was the one taking his snot nosed butt to the gym. Mom wouldn't want for anything if I was in Kobe's position

wang4three
05-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Sounds like there's more to the story than meets the eye.

StocktonFan
05-03-2013, 06:01 PM
The mom's argument seems like total BS... why would any professional player not care about his HS memorabilia...

Noob Saibot
05-03-2013, 06:03 PM
The mother is more of a snake than the black mamba himself. dang.

d.bball.guy
05-03-2013, 06:54 PM
You should know you're a fvcked up mom when you still try to sell your multimillionaire basketball legend son's basketball memorabilia.

Droid101
05-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Seems like Kobe has some shitty parents. What kind of a mother would blackmail her son for money? What kind of parents don't assist his son's wedding because of his bride's race?
OvercomingAdversityBe

Levity
05-03-2013, 07:05 PM

black momba

Soundwave
05-03-2013, 07:11 PM
My guess is this is probably the exact domino effect of this

- Kobe marries Vanessa, Kobe's dad and mother in particular are unhappy.

- Vanessa feels she's being attacked by her in-laws, insists that Kobe not spend a lot of money on them.

- Kobe's mom is resentful. But Vanessa ain't budging and Kobe can't afford to be pissing off the wifey.

And ta-da. Either that or Kobe is one cheap mofo or his mom is one royal pain in the neck.

Beastmode88
05-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Poor kobe. :(

Rubio2Gasol
05-03-2013, 07:18 PM
I;m not sure who's more stupid, his wife or his mom.

Sharmer
05-03-2013, 07:18 PM
What a cheap jerk, obviously he's mother isn't financially that well off, so she has to sell her gear.

What kind of human being doesn't look after their parents, especially considering that Kobe's worth 500 million.

dazzer87
05-03-2013, 07:31 PM
What a douche bag.......Suing your Mother??? Actually Im not surprise this is Kome we are talking about here........:facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 07:33 PM
What a cheap jerk, obviously he's mother isn't financially that well off, so she has to sell her gear.

What kind of human being doesn't look after their parents, especially considering that Kobe's worth 500 million.
This post is way off. She wants to buy a new house in Nevada and he offered her 250 Gs for HIS stuff. She doesn't need the new home and that's a lot of money. There's something going on inside of their family that we don't know about so I'm definitely not going to judge anyone but you're making it sound like he's leaving his poor mother destitute. She's married to an ex-pro ballplayer.

swag2011
05-03-2013, 07:35 PM
He isn't suing his mother idiots. He's suing the auction company. It's his stuff, they shouldn't be able to sell it without his permission. He has brought his parents 2 homes, in addition to all the cars they have etc. his parents had money before he became Kobe Bryant. They aren't poor or struggling by any means.

STATUTORY
05-03-2013, 07:39 PM
his parents did NOT attend his wedding cause Vanessa was hispanic. That speaks volume about what type of parents Kobe has.

For him to defy family prssure and marry the woman he loves inspite of racial boundary, that's some Save the Last Dance shit right there.

NumberSix
05-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Nobody on this board knows Kobe's family situation/relationship. Stop being idiots and mind y'own bidniss.

Sharmer
05-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Only a real bastard commences legal proceedings against their mother.

NBASTATMAN
05-03-2013, 07:46 PM
his parents did NOT attend his wedding cause Vanessa was hispanic. That speaks volume about what type of parents Kobe has.

For him to defy family prssure and marry the woman he loves inspite of racial boundary, that's some Save the Last Dance shit right there.

They didn't attend it cuz she was a video hoe :roll:

Kobe got 99 problems and his momma is one :rockon:

97 bulls
05-03-2013, 07:52 PM
He isn't suing his mother idiots. He's suing the auction company. It's his stuff, they shouldn't be able to sell it without his permission. He has brought his parents 2 homes, in addition to all the cars they have etc. his parents had money before he became Kobe Bryant. They aren't poor or struggling by any means.
How did they get the Memorabilia? And its kinda like he is suing his mother because they fronted her a portion for the stuff. Theyre gonna want that money back. And are gonna sue if need be.

swag2011
05-03-2013, 08:01 PM
How did they get the Memorabilia? And its kinda like he is suing his mother because they fronted her a portion for the stuff. Theyre gonna want that money back. And are gonna sue if need be.

The items are also his achievements from his teenage, high school, and early laker years. It's obvious why they would still have the high school stuff. My parents still have my state awards, high school sports awards, diplomas etc. they are even auctioning the special 98 all star ring and 00 championship ring he got specially made for them. His mother gave them away or sold them without his consent. It isn't her property. Now ppl are trying to flip it around and acts like he does nothing for them when he has brought his parents and sisters homes and cars. And like I said Kobe grew up Rich and spoiled, his parents are not poor and struggling. The reason why his dad was able to get coaching jobs such as the Sparks was because of Kobe.

Dro
05-03-2013, 08:02 PM
I don't even believe this article...What do you mean give your mother 250k TOWARDS a house...Why is not just buying her a home? Why is his mother even having to worry about having to auction off stuff and look for a new home?

IllegalD
05-03-2013, 08:07 PM
The items are also his achievements from his teenage, high school, and early laker years. It's obvious why they would still have the high school stuff. My parents still have my state awards, high school sports awards, diplomas etc. they are even auctioning the special 98 all star ring and 00 championship ring he got specially made for them. His mother gave them away or sold them without his consent. It isn't her property. Now ppl are trying to flip it around and acts like he does nothing for them when he has brought his parents and sisters homes and cars. And like I said Kobe grew up Rich and spoiled, his parents are not poor and struggling. The reason why his dad was able to get coaching jobs such as the Sparks was because of Kobe.

Don't bother, man. Save your fingers from typing.

Notice the idiots that are jumping over this to hate on Kobe usually have Jordan or LeBron avatars.

Coincidence?

These guys basically spend every waking moment hoping for fodder like this to drop about Kobe so they can get out their torches, pitchforks in a pathetic attempt to diminish Kobe and elevate the players they worship. Or perhaps to feel better about their own pathetic existence wasted trolling on message boards in order to hate that which they know they will never come close to being.

Rockets(T-mac)
05-03-2013, 08:12 PM
That's real messed up on his moms part. Clearly Kobe and his mom have issues.

#number6ix#
05-03-2013, 08:17 PM
How are they selling things that he earned without his permission... Seems like a open and shut case to me... Kobe will win he always wins

Sharmer
05-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Kobe's directly commencing legal proceeding against his own mother by suing the auction company that she hired.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe getting more legal trouble in the future.

MaxFly
05-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Seems like a very awkward situation. Even if those items were not worth much... the sentimentality alone of those achievements decidedly puts his mom in the "wow... really" category. I'm sure there is some sort of issue or friction in the background.

Are there really posters out there putting this on Bryant? I would think that any real basketball fan out there would cringe at this sort of thing.

Euroleague
05-03-2013, 08:49 PM
There is no doubt that Kobe is a huge freaking a-hole.

Xsatyr
05-03-2013, 08:59 PM
There is no doubt that Kobe is a huge freaking a-hole.

You're an a-hole.

Bandito
05-03-2013, 09:01 PM
I don't even believe this article...What do you mean give your mother 250k TOWARDS a house...Why is not just buying her a home? Why is his mother even having to worry about having to auction off stuff and look for a new home?
Probably she asks him for money and after asking for a lot of money ovr the years his wife told Kobe to stop giving her money and then the mother started hating kobe's wife because of it. Years pass and she wants a better house probably because she wants more stuff and because he's not giving her the money she decided to auction Kobe's high school memories so that she can get rich doing so.

Sharmer
05-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Kobe greed has gone to another level.

chazzy
05-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Lebron stans seem to care for his mother's financial situation a lot.

before learning about the auction through news reports, the Lakers star has given his parents "millions of dollars in financial assistance" throughout his 17-year career.

theBIGjabroni
05-03-2013, 09:18 PM
:oldlol:

SyRyanYang
05-03-2013, 09:32 PM
What kind of mom does that:facepalm
But it is a lose-lose situation now.

DuMa
05-03-2013, 09:45 PM
drama never ends in Lakerland. so shameful

ispin69
05-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Obviously KoMe hasn't been taking care of his mom. Too busy paying off million dollar rape settlements, buying Vanessa's love with million dollar rings and everything she wants...not to mention paying for his kids. Let me predict, Kobe will be broke 10 years after retirement.

After Vanessa spends Kobe's money dry, divorce...alimony and child support while she effs all the guys she wants. NBA wives stay home and take care of the kids and the husband is always away. Doesn't take long before she gets bored and lonely so she effs the trainer, whom ever.

Yao Ming's Foot
05-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Obviously KoMe hasn't been taking care of his mom. Too busy paying off million dollar rape settlements, buying Vanessa's love with million dollar rings and everything she wants...not to mention paying for his kids. Let me predict, Kobe will be broke 10 years after retirement.

After Vanessa spends Kobe's money dry, divorce...alimony and child support while she effs all the guys she wants. NBA wives stay home and take care of the kids and the husband is always away. Doesn't take long before she gets bored and lonely so she effs the trainer, whom ever.

paying for his kids... what a scumbag

:oldlol:

Kobe haters can't even use any sensible logic when they get prime material such as this. How is not wanting to give away property a sign that someone is going to be broke?

97 bulls
05-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Don't bother, man. Save your fingers from typing.

Notice the idiots that are jumping over this to hate on Kobe usually have Jordan or LeBron avatars.

Coincidence?

These guys basically spend every waking moment hoping for fodder like this to drop about Kobe so they can get out their torches, pitchforks in a pathetic attempt to diminish Kobe and elevate the players they worship. Or perhaps to feel better about their own pathetic existence wasted trolling on message boards in order to hate that which they know they will never come close to being.
Id be pissed at my mother as well. He has the right. I agree its not hers to sell. But even if its because she wants another home why nit just give her the money required? Its his mother for goodness sake

NauruDude
05-03-2013, 10:30 PM
jeremy lin back into the game. he wont do anything special. shot clock violation :roll: :roll: linsanity is over

Yao Ming's Foot
05-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Id be pissed at my mother as well. He has the right. I agree its not hers to sell. But even if its because she wants another home why nit just give her the money required? Its his mother for goodness sake

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ISPpA-06L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Seriously though people who say things like above assume that every parent is like their own.

Mr. Jabbar
05-03-2013, 10:39 PM
kobes mom :facepalm I know kobe will forgive her

Shepseskaf
05-03-2013, 11:23 PM
At least Kobe isn't assaulting his mom, like his cousin Dez.

K
05-03-2013, 11:25 PM
He can't just buy his mom a house? Not my business though. Maybe they're not all too fond of each other.

05-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Kobe trying to outdo MJ yet again.

He takes this "I would beat my own mother to win" a step too far.

Gotta sue his own mom to prove he still got that mamba killer instinct at age 34.

Styles p
05-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Time for Kobe to pull an O.J to get his shit back.

daj0264
05-03-2013, 11:52 PM
suing the person that raised you? :applause: :applause:

And 1
05-04-2013, 01:12 AM
Sources close to Kobe Bryant confirmed to ESPNLosAngeles.com that before learning about the auction through news reports, the Lakers star has given his parents "millions of dollars in financial assistance" throughout his 17-year career.

Bryant's parents decided to sell his high school memorabilia without his consent in order to purchase an additional home, sources said. Bryant offered to buy a house for his parents, but they wanted a larger one.
Yeah, I think Kobe should still let them auction off his stuff (since he should have taken it with him anyways, and it IS his mother) but it's just as bad the other way around, if not more.

rhowen4
05-04-2013, 01:25 AM
sometimes you have to let them figure it out on their own, even if it is your own mother. dependencies are built like that and can be unhealthy for both parties. it may sound cold to some people.

as for suing the mom? man, that's some bad news right there.