PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony Has a Dislocated Shoulder

NewYorkNoPicks
05-04-2013, 01:45 AM
Melo injured his shoulder in game 5 and was left bent over in pain in game 6 from the same injury.

In the press conference follow tonights game Melo revealed his shoulder was dislocated temporarily before he popped it back in.

Really explains Melos shooting troubles.

Regardless of the fact that the shoulder popped back in, when that occurs ligaments and tendons stretch and become more lax. This is a problem that will not be resolved during the playoffs. In fact continuing to get hit there could eventually cause a torn Rotator Cuff and/or other structures in the shoulder which, if not corrected by surgery could effect his ability to score for the rest of his career. Melos boxing doesnt help this either...

Hopefully this doesnt grow into a larger problem...

This is why you dont let series go longer than they have to. Unexpected injuries occur....game 5 and 6 didnt need to be played, we couldve rested this week and Melos shoulder couldve been fine.

SOURCE: so you guys stop annoying the sh1t out of me here:

This was Melo saying it from his mouth, not some report.

Where did i hear it?

Goto the NBA GAMETIME APP and goto the game videos, then goto "Press Pass: Anthony and Felton"

from the 40 second mark he begins to talk about his shoulder. When he mentions it popped out is about at the 1 minute 15 second mark.

Not sure where NBA GAMETIME APP gets their content but im assuming its probably also on NBA.com

dbk123
05-04-2013, 01:48 AM
wow, that sucks for the knicks. plus they have to deal with the pacers next round

Shepseskaf
05-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Ouch! I'm sure he'll be wearing something to brace that shoulder.

Hopefully, it won't be too much of an issue.

Leftimage
05-04-2013, 01:53 AM
No biggie.

DuMa
05-04-2013, 01:54 AM
He'll still find a way to chuck 35 shots next game.

Legends66NBA7
05-04-2013, 01:57 AM
Sucks.

Hoping he won't have to miss any time, New York would be terrible without his offense.

NewYorkNoPicks
05-04-2013, 01:58 AM
No biggie.

Yes it is... Had the same thing happen to me from the exact activities melo does....boxing and basketball. Once it pops out if youre lucky and you have time to rest you can do physical therapy to retighten the ligaments and the stabilizer muscles to regain stability of the shoulder.

However if you dont give it time to rest the dislocations occur more and more frequently until eventually the Rotator Cuff tears and surgery is required.

Knicksfever2010
05-04-2013, 02:00 AM
link or it didnt happen. I can spare you the effort of looking for a link because I googled 'carmelo anthony dislocated shoulder' and found bubkus.

op is a troll

InspiredLebowski
05-04-2013, 02:01 AM
feel free to go ahead and have the surgery

KG215
05-04-2013, 02:01 AM
Melo injured his shoulder in game 5 and was left bent over in pain in game 6 from the same injury.

In the press conference follow tonights game Melo revealed his shoulder was dislocated temporarily before he popped it back in.

Regardless of the fact that the shoulder popped back in, when that occurs ligaments and tendons stretch and become more lax. This is a problem that will not be resolved during the playoffs. In fact continuing to get hit there could eventually cause a torn Rotator Cuff and/or other structures in the shoulder which, if not corrected by surgery could effect his ability to score for the rest of his career. Melos boxing doesnt help this either...

This is why you dont let series go longer than they have to. Unexpected injuries occur....game 5 and 6 didnt need to be played, we couldve rested this week and Melos shoulder couldve been fine.
I'm going to be "that guy" for a minute...

But when did he dislocate it and pop it back into place? Because if it was tonight, it really doesn't explain his awful shooting in the other 5 games where he shot 39% (54-of-137).

Hope it's not too big of an issue next round, though, because I'm really looking forward to that series.

willds09
05-04-2013, 02:04 AM
feel free to go ahead and have the surgery
I bet you would love that, especially since we guna bust your ass this series:lol

maybeshewill13
05-04-2013, 02:07 AM
Just something for Melo to blame his failures on next round :sleeping

NewYorkNoPicks
05-04-2013, 02:13 AM
link or it didnt happen. I can spare you the effort of looking for a link because I googled 'carmelo anthony dislocated shoulder' and found bubkus.

op is a troll

Really bro? Do the knicks medical staff really disclose injuries?

Where did i hear it?

Goto the NBA GAMETIME APP and goto the game videos, then goto "Press Pass: Anthony and Felton"

from the 40 second mark he begins to talk about his shoulder. When he mentions it popped out is about at the 1 minute 15 second mark.

Not sure where NBA GAMETIME APP gets their content but im assuming its probably also on NBA.com

Specific enough for you d1ck?

asdf1990
05-04-2013, 02:19 AM
He shot 10-35 in the game 4 tho, so how does it explain his shooting troubles?

Mr. Jabbar
05-04-2013, 02:21 AM
lebron curse at it again, on pace to face neal-led spurs in the finals :lol

Amar'e_Juwanna
05-04-2013, 02:21 AM
source?

NewYorkNoPicks
05-04-2013, 02:22 AM
He shot 10-35 in the game 4 tho, so how does it explain his shooting troubles?

It doesnt. That was just a bad shooting game. Game 5 the injury occured and Game 6 it was reinjured, so it explains the easy shots he constantly missed in the past 2 games.

There ya go pal

NewYorkNoPicks
05-04-2013, 02:26 AM
source?

Third time im posting this

Where did i hear it?

InspiredLebowski
05-04-2013, 02:42 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/3/4298924/carmelo-anthony-injury-nba-playoffs-2013-knicks-vs-pacers

Asked about the status of his shoulder, Anthony said, "It's still there" and then laughed, clarifiying that it was a "little sore." But he kept talking about the shoulder beyond the snappy comeback, eventually saying it "kinda popped in and out a little bit" when Bradley poked the ball away from from behind in the fourth quarter.

SwayDizzle
05-04-2013, 02:50 AM
:lol :lol :lol

shady6121
05-04-2013, 05:05 AM

:lol

monkeypox
05-04-2013, 05:26 AM
As I understand it the surgery to fix this only has around a 50% actually improving the problem. Then like a 45% chance to be of no help and a 5% chance to make it worse. I have a friend that went through it and his shooting and general arm movement on that shoulder is permanently awkward and he's permanently weaker on that arm.

Blue&Orange
05-04-2013, 05:57 AM
I bet you would love that, especially since we guna bust your ass this series:lol
You're annoying even to Knicks fans. If you're going to troll, at least troll other trolls, or heat fans, you can go ham on heat fans.

About Melo's "injury" it's his ego that is injured, not his shoulder, he is making up excuses.

NewYorkNoPicks
05-04-2013, 06:11 AM
You're annoying even to Knicks fans. If you're going to troll, at least troll other trolls, or heat fans, you can go ham on heat fans.

About Melo's "injury" it's his ego that is injured, not his shoulder, he is making up excuses.

Guess tou were one of those fans who thought we were better with Gallinari smh...

Fail

Teanett
05-04-2013, 06:15 AM
dislocated shoulder my ass...
shut up and play, melo!
just finding more excuses for stinking up the joint.

iDunk
05-04-2013, 06:28 AM
Melo's a warrior, he actually scored 7 straight points for us right after that happened to prevent the epic collapse.

If LeBron did that everyone would be calling it an amazing performance. You can also make the case that we should've never been in that situation in the first place which is true.

CeltsGarlic
05-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Melo's a warrior, he actually scored 7 straight points for us right after that happened to prevent the epic collapse.

If LeBron did that everyone would be calling it an amazing performance. You can also make the case that we should've never been in that situation in the first place which is true.

If I would go ISO 30 times in a row, I think I could score those 7 point too. :lol

Shepseskaf
05-04-2013, 06:42 AM
If I would go ISO 30 times in a row, I think I could score those 7 point too. :lol
:roll:

Stop lying. You would go 0-30.

CeltsGarlic
05-04-2013, 07:01 AM

Stop lying. You would go 0-30.

The fvck is your problem? Let me hate melo, goddammit.

La Frescobaldi
05-04-2013, 07:57 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/3/4298924/carmelo-anthony-injury-nba-playoffs-2013-knicks-vs-pacers
strategy for Pacers clearly based on K Perkins post-knee style.
Constant illegal moving and shoving screens.
Pacers coaches should deliver thunder film to referees and tell them "just call our screens the way you call them for Donkey Face ."
Anthony is well known for finding excuses but there's nothing wrong with tremendous physical screens on a shoulder.
Let him run into Hansbrough over and over.... and over.... and over....

All Net
05-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Hopefully he's ok and doesn't hurt him too much.

kNicKz
05-04-2013, 08:20 AM
how does it explain his shooting troubles?

:biggums:

pauk
05-04-2013, 08:25 AM

SOURCE: so you guys stop annoying the sh1t out of me here:

Where did i hear it?

No it doesnt.... Carmelo will & has shot around this % millions of times and even worse, especially in the playoffs (take a look at his % last few playoff runs)..... its not a shooting struggle for him, its just the average day for a Carmelo in the playoffs.... he just... is this good/bad.... Carmelo shooting anywhere near 50% or over is him being on nasty fire or playing a horrible opposing defense or a combination of both....

kNicKz
05-04-2013, 08:30 AM
No it doesnt.... Carmelo will & has shot like this millions of times, especially in the playoffs..... its not a shooting struggle for him, its just the average day for a Carmelo in the playoffs.... he just... is this good/bad.... Carmelo shooting anywhere near 50% or over is him being on nasty fire....

So let me get this straight...playing with a dislocated shoulder doesn't explain shooting troubles?

Ask your boy D whistle how his dislocated shoulder felt, it's a miracle that he's walking again

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/0223/pg2_g_wade_195.jpg

Trollsmasher
05-04-2013, 08:46 AM
So let me get this straight...playing with a dislocated shoulder doesn't explain shooting troubles?

Ask your boy D whistle how his dislocated shoulder felt, it's a miracle that he's walking again

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/0223/pg2_g_wade_195.jpg
So you think D-Wade is pauk's boy?:biggums:

Derka
05-04-2013, 09:40 AM
He's gotta be careful with an injury like that. All I see is Avery Bradley "popping it back in" repeatedly in the 2012 playoffs so he could play and he ended up destroying both shoulders before surgery was needed.

Teams know this and are gonna make as much contact with him as possible.

Akhenaten
05-04-2013, 10:08 AM

Ahh so this is why he's a career 42% shooter in the playoffs, he's been playing with a dislocated shoulder for 10 seasons.

ripthekik
05-04-2013, 10:13 AM
man.. another man lies down to make the path for lebron to the asterisk

Akhenaten
05-04-2013, 10:14 AM
So you think D-Wade is pauk's boy?:biggums:

Pauk is a one man woman.

he blames wade for 2011 Finals :roll:
talk about standing by your man

ThatsGame
05-04-2013, 10:34 AM
I bet the Pacers try and destroy his shoulder.

willds09
05-04-2013, 10:56 AM
damn you must be very scared of us:lol

niko
05-04-2013, 11:03 AM
OP elevated an injury Melo says is literally no problem at all to a career affecting injury.

Rubio2Gasol
05-04-2013, 11:12 AM

But when did he dislocate it and pop it back into place? Because if it was tonight, it really doesn't explain his awful shooting in the other 5 games where he shot 39% (54-of-137).

Hope it's not too big of an issue next round, though, because I'm really looking forward to that series.

It's pretty clear when. On the KG pull. Someone post video - I can't remember if it was this game, last game or even game 4 :crazysam: . However the moment I saw it I thought dislocated Shoulder.

Rubio2Gasol
05-04-2013, 11:14 AM
No it doesnt.... Carmelo will & has shot around this % millions of times and even worse, especially in the playoffs (take a look at his % last few playoff runs)..... its not a shooting struggle for him, its just the average day for a Carmelo in the playoffs.... he just... is this good/bad.... Carmelo shooting anywhere near 50% or over is him being on nasty fire or playing a horrible opposing defense or a combination of both....

(i) You're a ****ing idiot. (ii) Melo has been playing fantastic defense. (iii) He's missed his last 20? from 3 - that does not happen to him without injury. Not in a million years.

Ikill
05-04-2013, 11:25 AM

He didn't shoot awful in all 5 games he only shot bad in two of those 5 games

NumberSix
05-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Not gonna lie. I'd rather face the Knicks than the Pacers in the ECF.

red1
05-04-2013, 02:15 PM

damn you must be very scared of us:lol

:wtf: wilds09 you are the dumbest poster on ish