PDA

View Full Version : Official Celtics Off-Season Thread

Shade8780
05-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Post all off-season ideas here

I think we should buyout Pierce and trade KG. Green and Rondo should be leaders of the team next year. I don't know yet what else the Celtics should do. They need another true PG to backup Rondo. Maybe Jarrett Jack or Andre Miller?

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/634/celticssalaries.jpg

veilside23
05-07-2013, 08:45 PM
will rondo be back at the start of the season ?

if not then i think kg retires after this season. can pierce still re evaluate his contract?

i think celtics should tank this season .. top 5 pick next year will improve them vastly with a good young core.

rondo-bradley-williams
pierce if he stays.
green
sullinger
melo if he pans out

you are looking at wiggins if we get #1 pick . parker . randle or harrison or maybe even aaron gordon even james young.

so there's the future celtics

Lebowski
05-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Since KG and Paul is likely done, I rather we traded Jet and Bass to someone, contenders might bite.

Stick with Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Melo (and Randolph) and Courtney Lee. And that should result in a decent pick.

What's with the lowest salaries? 25k is a 10-day contract?

Lebowski
05-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Post all off-season ideas here

I think we should buyout Pierce and trade KG. Green and Rondo should be leaders of the team next year. I don't know yet what else the Celtics should do. They need another true PG to backup Rondo. Maybe Jarrett Jack or Andre Miller?

How does these two different situations affect the salary-cap; 1) buyout of PP and KG or 2) PP and KG retire?

I mean, if I understand it correct Celtics would land at 34.8m$ in guaranteed salaries without PP and KG.

I don't see any of them taking a salary cut, however that works (if even possible but I thought I read something like that on celticsblog)

ballup
05-16-2013, 04:29 PM
This is a lot worse than I had originally thought. They don't have much to trade in for future assets unless you consider Rondo, whose value has certainly dropped after the injury. I don't think much can be done this off season aside from trading our bad players for other bad players with some sort of hidden potential or just trading Rondo for a bunch of building pieces.

After next season, Ainge should heavily consider talking Pierce and Garnett into retirement. Then one or two good free agents could be signed. Only one I see that is decent is Gortat. :/

The lineup for next year's player in contract are as follows (with no changes)

PG - Terry/Williams/Rondo
SG - Bradley/Lee/Crawford
SF - Pierce/Green
PF - Bass/Sully
C - Garnett/Melo

Add one rookie and that equates to 13 players. 12 if Williams does not have his contract guaranteed.

veilside23
05-17-2013, 07:35 PM
This is a lot worse than I had originally thought. They don't have much to trade in for future assets unless you consider Rondo, whose value has certainly dropped after the injury. I don't think much can be done this off season aside from trading our bad players for other bad players with some sort of hidden potential or just trading Rondo for a bunch of building pieces.

After next season, Ainge should heavily consider talking Pierce and Garnett into retirement. Then one or two good free agents could be signed. Only one I see that is decent is Gortat. :/

The lineup for next year's player in contract are as follows (with no changes)

PG - Terry/Williams/Rondo
SG - Bradley/Lee/Crawford
SF - Pierce/Green
PF - Bass/Sully
C - Garnett/Melo

Add one rookie and that equates to 13 players. 12 if Williams does not have his contract guaranteed.

if its only up to me .. prolong rondo's injury tank to the max.. i am that serious on andrew wiggins

Shade8780
05-18-2013, 01:59 PM
if its only up to me .. prolong rondo's injury tank to the max.. i am that serious on andrew wiggins
I would let KG, Pierce, Green and Rondo sit out all next year if we could get Wiggins.

PP34Deuce
05-18-2013, 09:21 PM
My opinionated idea.:

-Paul Pierce at this stage is a great 6th man to give you 25-28 great mins. His ego won't allow Green to start, but PP solves 2nd unit scoring.

-PP and KG are package deal, if one goes they both go. I believe after seeing Garnett struggle, he is not going to stay for a rebuild.

-This team needs to get a veteran PG with actual PG Skills. Ainge needs to stop getting combo guards. We need a andre miller type PG who can spell rondo and start 10 games a year.

-This team needs to solidify the SG and C spot. Stop with the combo guards. We need a legit 6'5-6'6 SG who can be consistent and occasionally create off the dribble. ( Klay Thompson is my dream SG for Boston)

-

veilside23
05-23-2013, 07:20 PM
My opinionated idea.:

-Paul Pierce at this stage is a great 6th man to give you 25-28 great mins. His ego won't allow Green to start, but PP solves 2nd unit scoring.

-PP and KG are package deal, if one goes they both go. I believe after seeing Garnett struggle, he is not going to stay for a rebuild.

-This team needs to get a veteran PG with actual PG Skills. Ainge needs to stop getting combo guards. We need a andre miller type PG who can spell rondo and start 10 games a year.

-This team needs to solidify the SG and C spot. Stop with the combo guards. We need a legit 6'5-6'6 SG who can be consistent and occasionally create off the dribble. ( Klay Thompson is my dream SG for Boston)

-

so who would you rather have

Steve Adams / Dieng

or

Hardaway jr / rice jr / Shabazz

UConnCeltics
05-24-2013, 07:50 AM
I think this season would be the best year to blow it up. But if we are to make one last run at it (feels like we have been saying this for 5 years, lol) there are two things I would like to see happen.

1. Shabazz Muhammad's stock has fallen. Would be awesome backup for Pierce.
2. Trade for Perkins. He sucks now, maybe OKC will dump him to save a few bucks. Bass + Melo is more than fair.

So by the playoffs, we would be looking at something like this:

Rondo/Terry/Williams
Bradley/Lee/Crawford
Pierce/Muhammad
KG/Green
Perkins/Sullinger

Pick up a couple of cheap, veteran bigs and we may have something.

Shade8780
05-27-2013, 12:28 PM
I think this season would be the best year to blow it up. But if we are to make one last run at it (feels like we have been saying this for 5 years, lol) there are two things I would like to see happen.

1. Shabazz Muhammad's stock has fallen. Would be awesome backup for Pierce.
2. Trade for Perkins. He sucks now, maybe OKC will dump him to save a few bucks. Bass + Melo is more than fair.

So by the playoffs, we would be looking at something like this:

Rondo/Terry/Williams
Bradley/Lee/Crawford
Pierce/Muhammad
KG/Green
Perkins/Sullinger

Pick up a couple of cheap, veteran bigs and we may have something.
:facepalm :facepalm :wtf: :wtf: :biggums: :biggums:

UConnCeltics
05-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Just dicking around with the trade machine, but I made this...

Boston gets:
#4 pick (Charlotte)
#12 pick (OKC)
#19 pick (second Cleveland)
Kemba Walker
Jeremy Lamb
Tristan Thompson
CJ Miles
Perry Jones
Tyrus Thomas

OKC gets:
KG
Sessions
Jeff Adrien
#16 pick (Boston)

Charlotte gets:
Rondo
Perkins
Reggie Jackson
Daniel Orton
DeAndre Liggins
#33 pick (Cleveland)

Cleveland gets:
Jeff Green
Fab Melo
2014 Boston Second Round Pick

Walker/Bradley
Lamb/Crawford/Miles
Bennett (#4)/Jones
Thompson/Bass/Thomas
Sullinger/Len (#11)/Dieng (#19)

Still have to dump Pierce, Terry and Lee.

Kews1
06-05-2013, 04:30 AM
Just dicking around with the trade machine, but I made this...

Boston gets:
#4 pick (Charlotte)
#12 pick (OKC)
#19 pick (second Cleveland)
Kemba Walker
Jeremy Lamb
Tristan Thompson
CJ Miles
Perry Jones
Tyrus Thomas

OKC gets:
KG
Sessions
Jeff Adrien
#16 pick (Boston)

Charlotte gets:
Rondo
Perkins
Reggie Jackson
Daniel Orton
DeAndre Liggins
#33 pick (Cleveland)

Cleveland gets:
Jeff Green
Fab Melo
2014 Boston Second Round Pick

Walker/Bradley
Lamb/Crawford/Miles
Bennett (#4)/Jones
Thompson/Bass/Thomas
Sullinger/Len (#11)/Dieng (#19)

Still have to dump Pierce, Terry and Lee.

trades that big and detailed with so many things moving around are highly unlikely, plus i think Charlotte gets screwed.

kshutts1
06-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Not a Celtics fan, but the Doc trade made me wanna come see what the forums are like.

Anyway, someone mentioned cutting/waiving Pierce. I think he still has value, particularly for a contending team that believes they are one piece away... or a stupid team (no offense to Pierce).

My favorite Pierce idea is his going to SA, but they didn't (looked last season) have the salaries to make it work. But now, what about...

Pierce to Brooklyn

for

Humphries and Brooks?

Humphries is obviously to match salaries, and his deal is the same length as Pierce's, so it is not terrible to bring back. Brooks is a solid, young, scoring wing. Brooklyn could toss in a second round pick (doubt they'd be talked into a first, but obviously that is ideal).
Basically, it's time to flip the aging vets for younger players.

KG trades:

To GSW -- RJ, Draymond Green, a pick. GSW would have a pretty nasty lineup, on paper.

Denver -- Wilson Chandler, a pick.

OKC -- Perkins (sucks, obviously), Lamb

JohnnySic
06-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Best of luck to Doc.

kshutts1
06-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Ok, new trade working off the rumored Deng-for-third+Emeka:

Wizards get:
Deng
Boston's 2014 second round pick

Bulls get:
Pierce, Bradley

Celtics get:
#3 from Wizards
Bulls first this year
Emeka
Trade exception from Bulls

veilside23
06-26-2013, 02:00 PM
I dont want emeka ... guy is old kg is still better overall right now .. but the #3 pick is intriguing we can snag mclemore if that happens which is what we need a shooter but if its emeka we can trade them to another team

kshutts1
06-26-2013, 02:47 PM
I dont want emeka ... guy is old kg is still better overall right now .. but the #3 pick is intriguing we can snag mclemore if that happens which is what we need a shooter but if its emeka we can trade them to another team

.... I didn't propose a KG trade. I proposed a Pierce/Bradley trade. Emeka/KG would play the front court together, with Bass/Sully off the bench.

veilside23
06-26-2013, 07:58 PM
.... I didn't propose a KG trade. I proposed a Pierce/Bradley trade. Emeka/KG would play the front court together, with Bass/Sully off the bench.

thats good then :)

CelticBaller
06-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Fire Danny Ainge

Shade8780
07-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Right now the roster looks like:

Rondo / Bradley
Crawford / Brooks / Lee
Green / Wallace / Bogans
Sully / Bass / Humphries
Olynyk / Melo

1. Resign T-Will. Good young player that has a lot potential if he can get over that mental hump. Can be a good backup PG. Let Wilcox, Joseph, Randolph and White walk.
2. Waive Humphries. Don't need him and his contract won't hurt us as we're a rebuilding team and it's gonna expire this year. Sign Oden in FA to the vet's minimum for 2 years. If he works out, he can be a great signing for the Cs. If he doesn't you can trade him.
3. Trade Lee to the Grizzlies for their Trade Exception
4. Postpone Rondo's injury until the All-Star break. Pull a D-Rose so we lose as much games as possible.
5. By the end of the season, we'll hopefully be one of the three worst teams in the league. Draft Wiggins, Jabari or Randle.
6. Bring back Bradley, Sully, Brooks and Melo. Let Crawford and Bogans walk.
7. Sign Greivis Vasquez in FA for 18/3

Rondo / Vasquez / Williams
Wiggins / Bradley
Green / Brooks / Wallace
Sully / Bass
Oden / Olynyk / Melo

ballup
07-01-2013, 01:22 PM
TWill not comin back, the Celtics waived him.

Shade8780
07-03-2013, 05:20 PM
TWill not comin back, the Celtics waived him.

CelticBaller
07-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Trade Rondo should be a priority right now, milk the Pistons dry :D

hj01850
07-21-2013, 09:12 AM
For the 2014 draft the Boston Celtics need a star potential center. The Boston Celtics should fool everyone and take the first center on the board or the center they like. Celtic Nation know this Olynyk,Melo and Iverson will never be starting centers, and having fine centers has also been a Boston Celtic team (got to have). yea the Boston Celtics have a first rate stretch- 4 in Olynyk but we still need a first rate dominating center !!! Then we'll have a proper nucleus to build around... Go Celtics!!!

CelticBaller
07-21-2013, 12:28 PM
For the 2014 draft the Boston Celtics need a star potential center. The Boston Celtics should fool everyone and take the first center on the board or the center they like. Celtic Nation know this Olynyk,Melo and Iverson will never be starting centers, and having fine centers has also been a Boston Celtic team (got to have). yea the Boston Celtics have a first rate stretch- 4 in Olynyk but we still need a first rate dominating center !!! Then we'll have a proper nucleus to build around... Go Celtics!!!
Hell no, talent >>>> need and Wiggins, Randle and Parker are the top talents on the 2014 drafts