PDA

View Full Version : Does Derrick Rose not playing in the second round against Miami destroy his legacy?

Reverend Hoops
05-04-2013, 10:37 PM
I kinda feel for the guy now.

SnakePlissken
05-04-2013, 10:38 PM
He better get his ass back on the court for round 2. No more excuses.

Derka
05-04-2013, 10:40 PM
He's played, what, four years? He hasn't even peaked yet and we're talking legacy?

dbk123
05-04-2013, 10:40 PM
if anything he should come back for the series. Its pretty much guaranteed the heat will win so he has nothing to lose. He wouldn't get blamed if they lost.

nathanjizzle
05-04-2013, 10:41 PM
he better get off his ass, im not waiting 3 years for redemption

Mr. Incredible
05-04-2013, 10:42 PM
He's playing. Trust me.

Doranku
05-04-2013, 10:44 PM
The only legacy he has is being the worst MVP of all time.

If anything, this reaffirms that legacy.

Heavincent
05-04-2013, 10:44 PM
I hate to sound like the internet tough guy, but I think it's about time he grows some balls and plays.

DaSeba5
05-04-2013, 10:45 PM
I still don't get why he hasn't played yet

SpecialQue
05-04-2013, 10:46 PM
I've been wondering about what would happen if he actually did suit up. He'd obviously be rusty and not play as well, but then again, Miami hasn't had to deal with him this season, so there's a chance that he'd throw them off and that the Bulls would win a few games.

brownmamba00
05-04-2013, 10:48 PM
oh he's playing

strifed169
05-04-2013, 10:53 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5bdwuz6wZ1rvzu9do1_500.jpg

tpols
05-04-2013, 10:55 PM
That n!gga coming back like MJ against the monstars in space jam

inclinerator
05-04-2013, 10:56 PM
what legacy?

LikeABosh
05-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Rose should have came back weeks if not months ago. Only way to get over his mental issues is to go out and play. Ease himself back in. If he tries to come back vs. the Heat he will be playing sheepish and rusty and the Heat will make an effort to embarrass him

Sarcastic
05-04-2013, 10:58 PM
The Bulls being really good without him hurts his legacy.

SoCalLakersFan1
05-04-2013, 10:59 PM
The Bulls being really good without him hurts his legacy.
Him being healthy and hiding on the bench while the rest of the team is playing injured and ill hurts his legacy more in my opinion.

Shepseskaf
05-04-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm kind of curious to see what the new excuses will be if he doesn't play against Miami.

DuMa
05-04-2013, 11:11 PM
He's gotta come back now.

nightprowler10
05-04-2013, 11:14 PM
It really all depends on how his career goes once he does come back. If he has a spectacular rest of his career most people will forget this stuff.

CarlosBoozer
05-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Even if Rose and the bulls lose, coming back will get him respect and admiration from us bulls fan! :cheers:

The Choken One
05-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Always nice when people who have never played basketball before make t so easy to identify them.

I appreciate you and all your 300 lbs OP.

Edit: I forgot to thank all the posters ITT, too. Much love. <3

Reverend Hoops
05-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Always nice when people who have never played basketball before make t so easy to identify them.

:facepalm Hey i'm on Rose's side.

The Choken One
05-04-2013, 11:31 PM
:facepalm Hey i'm on Rose's side.
Lol mb. I don't ren bother reading these threads. Not a fan of Rose, but absolutely hate all the retards who give him chit. :)

lpublic_enemyl
05-04-2013, 11:40 PM
as it stand derrick rose hasn't done/ played enough to have a legacy

INDI
05-05-2013, 12:04 AM
Rose should have came back weeks if not months ago. Only way to get over his mental issues is to go out and play. Ease himself back in. If he tries to come back vs. the Heat he will be playing sheepish and rusty and the Heat will make an effort to embarrass him

The heat is a perfect team for him to play against. They don't have any penetrating point guards and since Lebron is the primary ball handler, his assignment would stay on the perimeter. Also the heats point guards are not super aggressive defensively and they lack interior shot blocking.

The heat is probably the best team in the league for him to play against tbh. Win or lose he will have an easy time on both ends of the court

trig
05-05-2013, 12:06 AM
He shouldve came back before the playoffs started. Now its too late. It will be stupid to come in and disrupt the chemistry and play vs Mia without playing a real game prior

INDI
05-05-2013, 12:11 AM
He shouldve came back before the playoffs started. Now its too late. It will be stupid to come in and disrupt the chemistry and play vs Mia without playing a real game prior

True but the bulls absolutely will not win the series without him (no gaurantee that they win with him either), so theres nothing to lose. If he plays he gains his teams respect, the media and fans respect, and then throws a wild card on the table that the heat hasn't seen this season.

His presence on the court alone would be good for 1-2 victories, its only a 7 game series so you never know

KDthunderup
05-05-2013, 12:30 AM

I tore my acl and was back playing competitive sports after 6 months

I can confirm, Rose is a *****

Rose'sACL
05-05-2013, 12:38 AM

This guy played in the NBA but he felt it was boring so he quit. Now he posts on ISH. Respect him. Also, if lebron was doing the same thing, this same guy would be making 5 new threads every day about that.

Dbrog
05-05-2013, 12:44 AM
There's really no reason he couldn't come off the bench and give em some ok minutes. I mean, no one would really expect much from him and he wouldn't be messing up their chemistry. Idk if he would go for that though...

tazb
05-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Take away his fluke MVP and what legacy are we talking about here?:confusedshrug:

seanclayton
05-05-2013, 12:47 AM
He's clearly waiting for the LeBron curse to go away first. Broken balls in game 1? Rose says fck that!

bdreason
05-05-2013, 12:49 AM
Rose or not, the Bulls are going to get lit up and probably swept. Why risk bringing him back?

There really isn't a single logical reason for him to play, outside of fans just wanting to watch him.

Wavves
05-05-2013, 01:06 AM
Not sure if this has been posted, but this was interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S57HXt6CIYM

"still strugling with the mental aspects with coming back"

Djahjaga
05-05-2013, 01:20 AM
Interesting point by Simmons.

[QUOTE=Bill Simmons - Grantland]

Now? He's a cautionary tale, the name that floats through the head of any player who wants to keep pushing himself to play, feels really good

BarberSchool
05-05-2013, 02:01 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5bdwuz6wZ1rvzu9do1_500.jpgBulls finna become the official David vs. Goliath story in contemporary professional sports.

Thibbs will coach circles around Spo.

Rose will be vindicated, and loved again. Rose's "Decision" will be compared to James' "Decision", using all applicable far-eastern cliches.

The sports media will fawn, and not long after, during the NBA Finals, the mainstream media will follow suit.

Then, on the very night the Bulls beat a dilapidated Thunder Squad in game 6 of the NBA Finals, 42 minors will be murdered in the streets of my fair city.

It was written.

D.J.
05-05-2013, 02:08 AM
His rep is already ruined. Unless he dominates and wins immediately after returning, this is going to be what he's known for.

Droid101
05-05-2013, 02:36 AM
No. Wtf?

The last superstar point guard who had this injury was Gilbert Arenas.

He tried to come back too early twice, costing him two seasons pretty much. Then was garbage ever since.

Leave Rose alone. Jesus christ. If he came back now, he'd just be a 10 minute off the bench player. No reason to screw up the Bull chemistry.

wang4three
05-05-2013, 02:45 AM
If he comes back and is Derrick Rose again, his legacy will be fine. However, as for now, he won't be selling a lot of shoes.

Euroleague
05-05-2013, 02:57 AM
Not sure if this has been posted, but this was interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S57HXt6CIYM

"still strugling with the mental aspects with coming back"

What a pansy.

:roll:

retaxis
05-05-2013, 03:53 AM
Maybe D rose just has mental issues but that doesn't make him a pansy. No one laughs at your mental issues euroleague (well a lot do but who are you anyway)

comerb
05-05-2013, 03:54 AM
What legacy? He didn't even deserve his one MVP.

irriducibili
05-05-2013, 04:04 AM
Leave Drose alone. He'll return when he's ready.

INDI
05-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Bulls finna become the official David vs. Goliath story in contemporary professional sports.

Thibbs will coach circles around Spo.

Rose will be vindicated, and loved again. Rose's "Decision" will be compared to James' "Decision", using all applicable far-eastern cliches.

The sports media will fawn, and not long after, during the NBA Finals, the mainstream media will follow suit.

Then, on the very night the Bulls beat a dilapidated Thunder Squad in game 6 of the NBA Finals, 42 minors will be murdered in the streets of my fair city.

It was written.

Elisha that you?

KyrieTheFuture
05-05-2013, 02:55 PM
What is the benefit to his legacy if he comes back and averages 20 ppg on 40%? I think it's a mistake to return this series.

INDI
05-05-2013, 03:02 PM
What is the benefit to his legacy if he comes back and averages 20 ppg on 40%? I think it's a mistake to return this series.

It's not about seeing him play at a superstar level, it's about helping his team win this series. If they could get past Miami, they will have a legitimate shot at the title

KyrieTheFuture
05-05-2013, 03:06 PM
It's not about seeing him play at a superstar level, it's about helping his team win this series. If they could get past Miami, they will have a legitimate shot at the title

Except they have absolutely no chance to win. It's insulting to think that a player can not play for over a year and come back and all of a sudden be effective against far and away the best team in the league. Especially a team he has never been effective against while healthy.

D.J.
05-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Except they have absolutely no chance to win. It's insulting to think that a player can not play for over a year and come back and all of a sudden be effective against far and away the best team in the league. Especially a team he has never been effective against while healthy.

At this point, Rose has to sit. The Bulls have to be out of gas.

funnystuff
05-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Rose is a mental midget.

INDI
05-05-2013, 03:29 PM

They are the best defensive and grittiest team in the league. Even without rose they will absolutely get 1 game and possibly 2. Nobody expects rose to play like a superstar or even a allstar, but just his presence alone in the court gives the team energy, another able body, an one of its better players back.

He will have a easy assignment (chalmers) on both ends of the court, and besides this is then a so anything can happen

D.J.
05-05-2013, 03:35 PM
They are the best defensive and grittiest team in the league. Even without rose they will absolutely get 1 game and possibly 2. Nobody expects rose to play like a superstar or even a allstar, but just his presence alone in the court gives the team energy, another able body, an one of its better players back.

He will have a easy assignment (chalmers) on both ends of the court, and besides this is then a so anything can happen

I can't see how any of them have respect for Rose at this point. There's no way they have any gas left. Nate and Taj aren't sick anymore, but you have Hinrich, Deng, and Noah all hurt/sick. Noah can only play on 1 foot for so long and Hinrich/Deng both missed game 7.

Jailblazers7
05-05-2013, 03:40 PM
I can't see how any of them have respect for Rose at this point. There's no way they have any gas left. Nate and Taj aren't sick anymore, but you have Hinrich, Deng, and Noah all hurt/sick. Noah can only play on 1 foot for so long and Hinrich/Deng both missed game 7.

Yeah, I imagine that all of them harbor a lot a resentment toward him at this point.

ALBballer
05-05-2013, 03:42 PM
ddd

GOBB
05-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Rose made the Bulls relevant. He's a mini Bron. If Bulls players feel some type of way? F*ck em. If posters continue to act as if Rose owes them anything and should return? F*ck em too. Because if he rushed back and wasnt the same you would be criticizing him anyway. Cant win with some of you dudes. The "respect", "kudos" you are given rushing back to injury are often LOST when that player doesnt perform up to the standards that have been set.

BarberSchool
05-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Elisha that you?When attempting an Elijah Muhammad joke, one must spell the man's name correctly.

BarberSchool
05-05-2013, 06:50 PM
It's not about seeing him play at a superstar level, it's about helping his team win this series. If they could get past Miami, they will have a legitimate shot at the titleExactly.

Might I take it a step further, and say:

Anything can happen in game 1, and for that matter, this series. Foul trouble. Technicals. Ejections. Extremely physical play. Thibbs' crafting a master game plan to stifle miami's transition and half court offense. Rose looking like the Rose of Old. Bron p!ssing hot on a random PED test. No one knows. That's why we play the games.

D.J.
05-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Rose made the Bulls relevant. He's a mini Bron. If Bulls players feel some type of way? F*ck em. If posters continue to act as if Rose owes them anything and should return? F*ck em too. Because if he rushed back and wasnt the same you would be criticizing him anyway. Cant win with some of you dudes. The "respect", "kudos" you are given rushing back to injury are often LOST when that player doesnt perform up to the standards that have been set.

Mini Bron? Not even close. Rose doesn't owe ISH anything. He does, however, owe it to his team to dress and play and not make excuses. I wouldn't bash him if he returned when he was supposed to and took time before he got into game shape. I have lost respect for him when he made excuses, was indecisive when it came to whether or not he was going to play, and sat on the bench after being cleared to play while his teammates were fighting injuries/illness to advance to the second round and even pulled it off. The Chicago have tremendous heart and have earned my respect. Derrick Rose, not so much.

Horde of Temujin
05-05-2013, 07:18 PM

Great point.

What a bunch of shortsighted idiots.

DMAVS41
05-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Great point.

I haven't seen anyone say Rose should come back if the chance if injury is much higher...and certainly nobody said he should rush back.

Get it through your thick skulls...it's not rushing back at this point. It wasn't rushing back 6 weeks ago.

He's been medically cleared for over 2 months now and there is nothing injured with him.

He may not be a full 100%, but from what he has said and all reports...it seems he is somewhere between 90 and 100 percent...with no injuries.

He can choose to play it safe and not play and that is fine, but he should be criticized for that....especially when his team needs the most. And again...there is no evidence or anything to suggest he is in any more danger suffering an injury coming back now than he will be in 4 months.

monkeypox
05-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Great point.

How is it a great point when 1: he does owe everyone something given he's being paid to play and he isn't. The fans pay for his salary. 2: He's not rushing back if he's already healthy. He's either got mental problems or he's holding out as a power play because he thinks he deserves to have a better team than him. Apparently he wants a team that can get at least the 4th seed without him before he's going to grace them with his presence.

nathanjizzle
05-05-2013, 07:35 PM
I haven't seen anyone say Rose should come back if the chance if injury is much higher...and certainly nobody said he should rush back.

Get it through your thick skulls...it's not rushing back at this point. It wasn't rushing back 6 weeks ago.

He's been medically cleared for over 2 months now and there is nothing injured with him.

He may not be a full 100%, but from what he has said and all reports...it seems he is somewhere between 90 and 100 percent...with no injuries.

He can choose to play it safe and not play and that is fine, but he should be criticized for that....especially when his team needs the most. And again...there is no evidence or anything to suggest he is in any more danger suffering an injury coming back now than he will be in 4 months.

stop repeating the same shit over and over, find another topic to beat till its dead.

Horde of Temujin
05-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Mini Bron? Not even close. Rose doesn't owe ISH anything. He does, however, owe it to his team to dress and play and not make excuses. I wouldn't bash him if he returned when he was supposed to and took time before he got into game shape. I have lost respect for him when he made excuses, was indecisive when it came to whether or not he was going to play, and sat on the bench after being cleared to play while his teammates were fighting injuries/illness to advance to the second round and even pulled it off. The Chicago have tremendous heart and have earned my respect. Derrick Rose, not so much.

How many times have plays come back only to reinjure themselves? And if he were reinjure his knee again then we might as well call it a career, he has a chance to come back and be as close to 100% as possible and not have to worry about nagging injuries. He should play through a training camp amd come back at start of the season.

Even if he does return now he wont be ready nor will the team be accustomed to each other, they need to play together for awhile for that.

I mean what the **** happened last year when he fought through injuries and culminated in the ACL. Do you not remember that? Are that dumb? Or just an asshole?

Mental midgets think he is going to come back and magically carry Chicago to title or that he owes it to his teammates. If he has worthwhile teammates then they will understand that he should not risk himself even though they themselves are playing through injuries and flu which are no way nearly as severe.

ACL injury is no joke and its not just that, he is not sure about rest of body. Coming back at beginning of year after a training camp under less pressure will be much more auspicious. This team now has learned to play without him and should finish without him.
Bunch of idiots.

DMAVS41
05-05-2013, 07:40 PM
stop repeating the same shit over and over, find another topic to beat till its dead.

don't like it because i've been proven right...yet again?

tell people to stop pretending like Rose would be rushing back or risk further injury or something.

it's the biggest joke going right now.

PizzamanIRL
In 10 years time, nobody is gonna be saying 'Oh remember Rose took so long getting back on the court from his ACL injury that time.'

Because he still won't be back by then.

monkeypox
How many times have plays come back only to reinjure themselves? And if he were reinjure his knee again then we might as well call it a career, he has a chance to come back and be as close to 100% as possible and not have to worry about nagging injuries. He should play through a training camp amd come back at start of the season.

Even if he does return now he wont be ready nor will the team be accustomed to each other, they need to play together for awhile for that.

I mean what the **** happened last year when he fought through injuries and culminated in the ACL. Do you not remember that? Are that dumb? Or just an asshole?

Mental midgets think he is going to come back and magically carry Chicago to title or that he owes it to his teammates. If he has worthwhile teammates then they will understand that he should not risk himself even though they themselves are playing through injuries and flu which are no way nearly as severe.

ACL injury is no joke and its not just that, he is not sure about rest of body. Coming back at beginning of year after a training camp under less pressure will be much more auspicious. This team now has learned to play without him and should finish without him.
Bunch of idiots.

The problem with your whole diatribe is that Rose says he's physically fine. It's not rushing back if you're already healed. There is no greater risk of playing now than there is in playing next season aside from the fact that a player playing is more likely to be injured during a game than a player that's sitting on the bench. I'm sorry but we're not the idiots here. The facts are pretty simple.

Horde of Temujin
05-05-2013, 07:45 PM
How is it a great point when 1: he does owe everyone something given he's being paid to play and he isn't. The fans pay for his salary. 2: He's not rushing back if he's already healthy. He's either got mental problems or he's holding out as a power play because he thinks he deserves to have a better team than him. Apparently he wants a team that can get at least the 4th seed without him before he's going to grace them with his presence.

Its not smart to come back in such a high presssure situation, i dont care how much practice he has been doing. He is one of the most athletic players in the league and let the man come back after a training camp and playing through the preseason to get his confidence back. He also expressed that he is not sure about the rest of the body.

ACL injury!! It is one of the most devastating injuries in sports! Why rush back in middle of playoffs when the team has played all year without him, he isnt the type of player to come back and play 50%, which he needs to do in order to properly play back into form.

I dont get it. I simply dont understand the shortsightedness.

He owes it to his team, fans, and himself to come back at a point in which he feels he can offer his best performance amd not needlessly put himself at risk.

monkeypox
05-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Its not smart to come back in such a high presssure situation, i dont care how much practice he has been doing. He is one of the most athletic players in the league and let the man come back after a training camp and playing through the preseason to get his confidence back. He also expressed that he is not sure about the rest of the body.

ACL injury!! It is one of the most devastating injuries in sports! Why rush back in middle of playoffs when the team has played all year without him, he isnt the type of player to come back and play 50%, which he needs to do in order to properly play back into form.

I dont get it. I simply dont understand the shortsightedness.

He owes it to his team, fans, and himself to come back at a point in which he feels he can offer his best performance amd not needlessly put himself at risk.

Like has been said, he himself says he's physically fine. He says he's mentally not fine. How many players in history didn't come back because of mental issues? Not many... and every single one was probably considered to be a mental midget. He deserves to get slagged for this. If "feelings" are taking him down to 50% then he's not that great a player now is he? Mental problems don't heal like regular injuries do. You think there are white blood cells rushing up to his head to make him feel better about himself?

In the end the whole mental issues thing might be a cover for the fact that he think he deserves a better team around him so this may all be moot. Either way this reflects poorly on Rose. There's no set of circumstances that makes Rose look good here. He's either pitching a fit because he think he deserves more help, or he's mentally weak and leaving his team high and dry because he has no confidence. Either way that's not someone that deserves praise. Cowards and liars aren't to be put on pedestals.

Horde of Temujin
05-05-2013, 08:01 PM
The man has been a warrior his all career and has played his heart out up until the devastating injury and if anything he deserves at the very least the benefit of the doubt. Youre an ashole and an idiot if you fail to undrerstand that, sorry.

He played through injuries last year, lets not forget that. So we can at least understand where he apprehension comes from.

monkeypox
05-05-2013, 08:18 PM
The man has been a warrior his all career and has played his heart out up until the devastating injury and if anything he deserves at the very least the benefit of the doubt. Youre an ashole and an idiot if you fail to undrerstand that, sorry.

He played through injuries last year, lets not forget that. So we can at least understand where he apprehension comes from.

If he were being asked to play through an injury then you might have a point. But he's not. He's being asked to play through crippling self doubt. I used to like Rose and I really did think he was a warrior. The benefit of the doubt isn't infinite and it ran out for me about a month after he was cleared to play and started telling people he was physically fine. No matter how good he used to be, now he is what he is. We can't keep pretending it's the same Rose when it clearly isn't. Even according to you he's an former great player that has been mentally damaged by previous injuries, to the point that he's no longer able to play. What people refer to as a bitch.

What's the doubt here for you? Do you think he's actually still injured even though he says he's not and he's practicing like he's not? Or are you saying that you think it's ok for a healthy player to sit out because of confidence issues while the rest of the team is fighting through worse to survive in the playoffs?

I'm sorry I'm obviously hurting your feelings by attacking Rose, but he is what he is.

D.J.
05-05-2013, 08:19 PM

He could have come back when he was first cleared and he'd back in game shape by the time the playoffs starte. And the majority have not reinjured themselves right after coming back. I feel bad for someone like Gilbert Arenas, but he's the exception not the rule. He's no more at risk now then he was the first week of March, and the risk would not decrease when training camp rolls around in September.

That much I'll agree with. At this point, it would do more harm than good if he returned.

There's no proof the ACL injury had anything to do with his prior injuries.

If he legitimately could not play, that's one thing. He's been cleared to play for 2 MONTHS. He does owe it to his teammates, who have played through injuries and illness to advance to the second round. If there was truly a physical issue, that's understandable. Using muscle memory as an excuse = weak.

It's no joke, but everyone else with the same injury has been back in less time. No other superstar in the game would be sitting on the bench after being cleared to play. Not MJ, Shaq, Kobe, or anyone else.

HoopsFanNumero1
05-05-2013, 08:23 PM
I find this whole thing pretty hilarious.

Horde of Temujin
05-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Idiots and assholes. Thats how I feel. And yes my feelings are hurt, i think it speaks to the stupidity of mankind. All the criticism for Rose is indicative of the condition of the human race which is doomed by its stupidity and shortsightedness.

monkeypox
05-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Idiots and assholes. Thats how I feel. And yes my feelings are hurt, i think it speaks to the stupidity of mankind. All the criticism for Rose is indicative of the condition of the human race which is doomed by its stupidity and shortsightedness.

How does it make mankind stupid or shortsighted? Isn't it shortsighted to let a player just sit out just because? What if all the players just sat out except for the Heat because they didn't feel like it was worth it because they had no chance to win? What if everyone sat at home and didn't go to work because it wasn't worth it if they couldn't be rich and because they worried about getting hurt out there?

Lol, in any case you need to get a hold of yourself. Rose is a mentally weak guy or a primadonna. It seems like maybe his fans share some of those same traits and are therefore a little overly defensive over him.

red1
05-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Forgot where I read this but he has supposedly been beasting in practice sessions for a while now. I am really starting to think that he will suit up for monday

D.J.
05-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Forgot where I read this but he has supposedly been beasting in practice sessions for a while now. I am really starting to think that he will suit up for monday

Taj Gibson mentioned it.

L.Kizzle
05-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Lol, I don't really get this.

If he's not ready to play, he's not ready.

He will play when he is ready.

/thread

Horde of Temujin
05-05-2013, 08:55 PM
How does it make mankind stupid or shortsighted? Isn't it shortsighted to let a player just sit out just because? What if all the players just sat out except for the Heat because they didn't feel like it was worth it because they had no chance to win? What if everyone sat at home and didn't go to work because it wasn't worth it if they couldn't be rich and because they worried about getting hurt out there?

Lol, in any case you need to get a hold of yourself. Rose is a mentally weak guy or a primadonna. It seems like maybe his fans share some of those same traits and are therefore a little overly defensive over him.

Youre a good sport, I apologize for the insults. I guess I just agree to disagree.

D.J.
05-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Lol, I don't really get this.

If he's not ready to play, he's not ready.

He will play when he is ready.

/thread

And I'll return to work when I'm ready. We'll see how my boss reacts.

L.Kizzle
05-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Are you an athlete?

Don't compare the two.

GOBB
05-05-2013, 09:05 PM

You're replaceable Derrick Rose is not. Why the comparison? Even his HC spoke out and said he is onboard with Rose decision and would never question otherwise. Thibs doesnt come across as a kiss ass guy. Yet your boss and you have the same relation as Rose and the Bulls organization? Makes sense. :confusedshrug:

D.J.
05-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Are you an athlete?

Don't compare the two.

Rose could be the next coming of Christ for all I care. He's not getting a free pass from me because the n!gga can dunk a basketball. Dumbass couldn't even take his own SAT.

D.J.
05-05-2013, 09:08 PM
You're replaceable Derrick Rose is not. Why the comparison? Even his HC spoke out and said he is onboard with Rose decision and would never question otherwise. Thibs doesnt come across as a kiss ass guy. Yet your boss and you have the same relation as Rose and the Bulls organization? Makes sense. :confusedshrug:

If he wasn't playing ball, he'd be flipping burgers. His occupation is irrelevant to me. You've been cleared to play for 2 months. Get your ass on the court.

GOBB
05-05-2013, 09:10 PM
If he wasn't playing ball, he'd be flipping burgers. His occupation is irrelevant to me. You've been cleared to play for 2 months. Get your ass on the court.

So you're envious of the position he is in at this game we call life? Ok, that makes sense. His occupation is irrelevant yet you compared yours and the reaction of your boss as if it was on par with Rose. We both know its not so.

You made it clear your position on Rose. Dont throw out random posts to make you seem silly is all.

Graviton
05-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Rose could be the next coming of Christ for all I care. He's not getting a free pass from me because the n!gga can dunk a basketball. Dumbass couldn't even take his own SAT.

Sounds like you are just jealous he gets payed millions to dunk a basketball while you with your superior intelligence can't even make 0.5% of his income in your lifetime. :oldlol:

poido123
05-05-2013, 09:13 PM

Are you a Heat fan?

Primadonnas and mentally weak is reserved for none other than Wheelchair Wade and Jumpship James. GTFO trying to label Bulls fans with something the Heat players and fans are known for...

As for Rose, he has been recovering from a serious injury, the hate for him not coming back earlier is getting a little over the top. If he was missing games due to partying every night or being a headcase like Demarcus Cousins I could agree with you, but you are one serious hater of Rose, no denying that.

L.Kizzle
05-05-2013, 09:13 PM
He doesn't need any passes from you. He is worried about himself and his health, not what some kid on a message board thinks about him being ready to play basketball.

D.J.
05-05-2013, 09:17 PM
So you're envious of the position he is in at this game we call life? Ok, that makes sense. His occupation is irrelevant yet you compared yours and the reaction of your boss as if it was on par with Rose. We both know its not so.

You made it clear your position on Rose. Dont throw out random posts to make you seem silly is all.

Sounds like you are just jealous he gets payed millions to dunk a basketball while you with your superior intelligence can't even make 0.5% of his income in your lifetime. :oldlol:

I'm jealous of someone who can barely speak the English language and b*tches about all the attention he gets. He'll be broke 5 years after he retires like 60% of former players anyway. Just because I call him on his sh*t doesn't make me jealous. I'd have more respect for him if he flat out said he was afraid of getting hurt again.

D.J.
05-05-2013, 09:19 PM
He doesn't need any passes from you. He is worried about himself and his health, not what some kid on a message board thinks about him being ready to play basketball.

Kid? I'm 34 and have more life experience than both of you. If his knee wasn't fine, he wouldn't have been cleared to play. If there was a truly a setback, it would have been mentioned. Not that muscle memory BS.

Graviton
05-05-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm jealous of someone who can barely speak the English language and b*tches about all the attention he gets. He'll be broke 5 years after he retires like 60% of former players anyway. Just because I call him on his sh*t doesn't make me jealous. I'd have more respect for him if he flat out said he was afraid of getting hurt again.

He has a 100 million contract on top of his 200 million Adidas deal and other endorsements with another max contract in the future probably. Doubt he will be broke so fast with 300 million when he is a family man and doesn't live the party lifestyle like say Harden. Outside the court I have never heard of Rose being carefree with money, he seems to be in a good position with his family.

And how bad would the criticism be if he said "I am scared to get hurt again, I will come back when I feel 100% in every way"?

L.Kizzle
05-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Kid? I'm 34 and have more life experience than both of you. If his knee wasn't fine, he wouldn't have been cleared to play. If there was a truly a setback, it would have been mentioned. Not that muscle memory BS.
I'm sorry, I assumed you were a kid the way you're speaking on this matter. Talking about his SAT scores, ect is irrelevant.

Rose is a grown man, if he's not ready to play, he's not ready. The doc cleared him to play, fine. That doesn't mean he has to play the first day. This is not some sprained ankle he's coming back from.

D.J.
05-05-2013, 09:25 PM

He has a 100 million contract on top of his 200 million Adidas deal and other endorsements with another max contract in the future probably. Doubt he will be broke so fast with 300 million when he is a family man and doesn't live the party lifestyle like say Harden. Outside the court I have never heard of Rose being carefree with money, he seems to be in a good position with his family.

Antoine Walker, Latrell Sprewell. Both made $100 million on team salary alone. If he manages his money wisely, more power to him. But the odds are not in his favor and he's certainly not the most intelligent guy.

And how bad would the criticism be if he said "I am scared to get hurt again, I will come back when I feel 100% in every way"?

He already said the second part. If he said "I'm afraid to get hurt again", that's at least honest. Not saying "I may return, I may not", "I'm not ruling myself out against Miami". If you're not going to play, then simply say it. He's being a fickle bitch.

D.J.
05-05-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm sorry, I assumed you were a kid the way you're speaking on this matter. Talking about his SAT scores, ect is irrelevant.

Rose is a grown man, if he's not ready to play, he's not ready. The doc cleared him to play, fine. That doesn't mean he has to play the first day. This is not some sprained ankle he's coming back from.

He's a boy in a man's body. He was cleared 2 MONTHS AGO. Other players have had the same injury. People on this site have played with people who tore their ACL's. Some posters themselves have torn their ACL's. Just about all returned in 6-8 months and all in less than a year.

Graviton
05-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Antoine Walker, Latrell Sprewell. Both made $100 million on team salary alone. If he manages his money wisely, more power to him. But the odds are not in his favor and he's certainly not the most intelligent guy.

He already said the second part. If he said "I'm afraid to get hurt again", that's at least honest. Not saying "I may return, I may not", "I'm not ruling myself out against Miami". If you're not going to play, then simply say it. He's being a fickle bitch.
If he said he is not gonna play the backlash would be even worse. It was obvious he wasn't gonna play weeks ago if you can read between the lines, the way he talked about his return was basically a softer way of saying "Yea I am not coming back". He is just guilty of giving people false hope with the way he chose his words, "It's in God's hands" "I may be ready", etc.

D.J.
05-05-2013, 09:31 PM
If he said he is not gonna play the backlash would be even worse. It was obvious he wasn't gonna play weeks ago if you can read between the lines, the way he talked about his return was basically a softer way of saying "Yea I am not coming back". He is just guilty of giving people false hope with the way he chose his words, "It's in God's hands" "I may be ready", etc.

It wouldn't be worse, because the whole thing would be over. No more excuses in the media. All he has to say is "I'm afraid I'll get hurt again, it's a mental block". It's not justifiable, but it's understandable and I would at least have a minimal amount of respect for him for being honest.

L.Kizzle
05-05-2013, 09:35 PM
He's a boy in a man's body. He was cleared 2 MONTHS AGO. Other players have had the same injury. People on this site have played with people who tore their ACL's. Some posters themselves have torn their ACL's. Just about all returned in 6-8 months and all in less than a year.
Other people, Derrick Rose. Stop comparing other people to Derrick Rose.

Graviton
05-05-2013, 09:36 PM
It wouldn't be worse, because the whole thing would be over. No more excuses in the media. All he has to say is "I'm afraid I'll get hurt again, it's a mental block". It's not justifiable, but it's understandable and I would at least have a minimal amount of respect for him for being honest.
Well obviously he doesn't want to ruin his image with that kind of statements so he is just putting them down softly.

BarberSchool
05-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Forgot where I read this but he has supposedly been beasting in practice sessions for a while now. I am really starting to think that he will suit up for mondayI would not be surprised if Thibbs and the team have had this in the works for months now. Delaying Rose coming back until, and IF they get into a series in Miami. For two reasons:

1. To protect Rose from returning too soon, and jeopardizing his career.

2. To keep Miami's scouting report and preperation as cloudy as possible, perhaps based only on things Rose did with the team years ago.

This would put us in the best possible position to have a chance to win the series, with Rose coming back from Injury. Thibbs might have a whole new gameplan, totally unknown to the rest of the world, that the Bulls squad has been practicing for months, keeping under wraps, preparing for Miami, waiting to pull the curtain back and unveil the new machine, right into Miami's face, with no warning.

Thibbs is that kind of guy. He's the Mob Boss of NBA coaches. he is perfect for our City, our fans, and our gritty, tougher than anyone in the league squad.....

D.J.
05-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Other people, Derrick Rose. Stop comparing other people to Derrick Rose.

Stop coddling him and making excuses for him.

Well obviously he doesn't want to ruin his image with that kind of statements so he is just putting them down softly.

Anyone with half a brain can see through it anyway. His image is already ruined.

The_Yearning
05-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Bitchmade!

Bet he still shoots 43% when he comes back though.

GOBB
05-05-2013, 10:37 PM

Yes you're not jealous yet you introduced irrelevant things about Rose. From his intelligence to the fact he will more likely than not be broke. All because the guy hasnt returned when you feel he can. How the f*ck are you not jealous again? You even compared your life to his "i'll tell my boss im not ready and see how he feels about it". Blatant jealousy and envy from the average joe.

He's getting paid millions of dollars doing something he loves. Small % of people in this world get paid nicely while doing something they love. Hopefully you're apart of that %.

D.J.
05-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Yes you're not jealous yet you introduced irrelevant things about Rose. From his intelligence to the fact he will more likely than not be broke. All because the guy hasnt returned when you feel he can. How the f*ck are you not jealous again? You even compared your life to his "i'll tell my boss im not ready and see how he feels about it". Blatant jealousy and envy from the average joe.

He's getting paid millions of dollars doing something he loves. Small % of people in this world get paid nicely while doing something they love. Hopefully you're apart of that %.

Everything I mentioned was relevant. I would rather be where I am than have all the spotlight like Rose does. If I would rather be where I am than be in his shoes, I'm clearly not jealous. Just because you're too pu$$y to call him on it doesn't make others jealous. I'll take my city job and quiet life over fame 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

ProfessorMurder
05-05-2013, 11:54 PM

Name one person who came back to the NBA from a torn ACL in 6 months.

Meticode
05-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Could you imagine the travesty if he suited up, gave 110% to come back in the series versus the Heat and got injured again?

BarberSchool
05-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Could you imagine the travesty if he suited up, gave 110% to come back in the series versus the Heat and got injured again?Yes I can.
Can you also imagine the f#@king imperial golden glory if he came back and suited up, gave 110%, and beat the heat in game 1 ? The media's (sports and mainstream) collective head would explode.

Pointguard
05-06-2013, 12:34 PM
He's not getting a free pass from me because the n!gga can dunk a basketball. Dumbass couldn't even take his own SAT. Sure you're not jealous. This is totally irrelevant to the conversation.

If he wasn't playing ball, he'd be flipping burgers. His occupation is irrelevant to me. You are a fan of the sport he plays. And you apparently take his decisions really serious.

I'm jealous of someone who can barely speak the English language and b*tches about all the attention he gets. He'll be broke 5 years after he retires like 60% of former players anyway. Just because I call him on his sh*t doesn't make me jealous. I'd have more respect for him if he flat out said he was afraid of getting hurt again. Do you think its healthy to care this much about how he handles his decisions?

Anyone with half a brain can see through it anyway. His image is already ruined.

Everything I mentioned was relevant. I would rather be where I am than have all the spotlight like Rose does. I'll take my city job and quiet life over fame 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. He plays a sport that you are a fan of and gets 300 million because of it. You got crazy energy for this argument and it isn't because you don't care.

There is another energy involved and you won't admit it. His English, SAT scores, his IQ,"flippin Burgers" "ruined" all of this because of his decision not to play? That's pretty steep. Its a young man playing a game.

I.R.Beast
05-06-2013, 01:44 PM
If LeBron can quit in a series and have a "decision" spectacle in which he ran to go play with 2 superstars because he was tired of choking in the playoffs and still have a legacy, then the answer to this question is NO. This doesn't hurt rose's legacy.

IamRAMBO24
05-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Wow a bunch of panzy sympathizers. If you don't think Rose should come back, then you should go play ping pong because this is a man's sport. People get hurt. Period. You don't think every player on the court is at risk of an injury? It's like stepping in the boxing ring and being afraid to bleed: if you can't handle the heat then get the f*ck out of the kitchen.

nathanjizzle
05-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Wow a bunch of panzy sympathizers. If you don't think Rose should come back, then you should go play ping pong because this is a man's sport. People get hurt. Period. You don't think every player on the court is at risk of an injury? It's like stepping in the boxing ring and being afraid to bleed: if you can't handle the heat then get the f*ck out of the kitchen.

again, nothing new to share, youre just stating the obvious.

DukeDelonte13
05-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Could you imagine the travesty if he suited up, gave 110% to come back in the series versus the Heat and got injured again?

he's been medically cleared. He wants to wait to "regain his muscle memory". He can do what he wants, the bulls are wise to let him do what he wants, but it just comes off as plain sh*tty.

In response to OP, I don't think this will necessarily ruin his legacy but to say that this will be totally forgotten is a big understatement.

IamRAMBO24
05-06-2013, 05:41 PM
again, nothing new to share, youre just stating the obvious.

Ever wonder why Foxnews sound so convincing but you know they are full of sh*t? It's because the premise is wrong. Same thing with Rose supporters.

1. Rose should not play because he can be injured again.

This is a flawed premise because every player is putting themselves at risk of an injury when they step on the court. Rose is nothing special; I would even argue there are some players at more risk than him because they are playing injured.

2. His injury is a huge deal so he should wait it out.

If you want me to take this argument seriously, then show me your medical degree. The doctors have already cleared him; this means he is 100% ready to go; if the doctors knew he would be injured as soon as he steps on the court, they would not clear him, and if he is at risk, they would issue protective gear for him to wear, so him not wanting to play has absolutely nothing to do with his physical abilities; it is a mental issue. The coach knows it, his teammates know it, and he said it himself it is. Delving into the physical argument is a use of deceptive logic.

3. The Bulls suck this year, so why should he play? Just let them tank and wait it out until next year.

This premise is so stupid I can't even begin to argue it without using profanity. First, he's getting paid multi-million dollars. He owes it to the organization to do his job and go out there and play. Second, he owes it to his teammates: what kind of message is he sending to them when he's sh*tting in his pants at the thought of a phsyical center clogging the middle? What kind of message is he saying when he is afraid to compete? Some of them are playing injured and pouring their hearts into the battle, and here we have a perfectly healthy player who can contribute, but is "too scared" to fight the front lines? Get the f*ck out of here. This aint Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya sisterhood. This is basketball. This is where the big boys come out to flaunt their muscles. This is war. Third, he owes it to his fans, especially little Tom Tom who spends his entire allowance from taking out the trash, washing dishes, and cleaning toilets and wears jersey #1 just to see his favorite star. Imagine how he would feel when he finds out his hero is nothing more than a fruitcake. Jordan had pride and dignity and said it himself the most important thing in basketball is to show up for his fans because without them, he is nothing. Rose is classless and should take up wrestling (since he's already good at faking sh*t) if he does not have the dignity and self respect to show up for the people who made him who he is.

Conclusion: Rose is a p*ssy. He said it himself he does not have the confidence to play. Is he injured? Nope. Is he afraid? Absolutely.

This is the only undeniable premise.

BarberSchool
05-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Yes I can.
Can you also imagine the f#@king imperial golden glory if he came back and suited up, gave 110%, and beat the heat in game 1 ? The media's (sports and mainstream) collective head would explode.:cheers:

I cannot wait for Rose to come back in this series.