PDA

View Full Version : Write about your best performance in a basketball game (stat-line included )

waseem780
05-06-2013, 02:52 PM
My best performance in a game (highschool) I had a game with 9 steals and 6 steals in one quarter.

stevieming
05-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Benched for the first half.

Team down by 12/14, came in the second half, basically pressed their guard stole his lunch money like he was Jeremy Lin the one time and fast break our team offence to a comfortable win of about 8 points.

4 points and 8 assists and two steals.

Felt great, it was funny how quickly the other teams folded when they would get a jump shot up, miss and my team would run and score on easy layups....

Burgz V2
05-06-2013, 06:09 PM
two assists shy of a triple double

18 pts, 12 rebs and 8 assts. I spent the last two minutes trying to get the two assists and almost ended up costing us the game :lol

My coach tore into me in the locker room in front of the rest of the team, but then after everyone left he came to me and said that he only did that so other players would stay humble when they have a good game and that he actually wanted me to get the triple double too :lol

Rake2204
05-06-2013, 06:17 PM
I don't know if it was my best, but my favorite performance was my 22 point, 12 rebound game early on in my junior year. Up to that point, I'd only once scored more than 13 points in a varsity game (18 a few games prior) and I sort of started to feel like I was never going to be a 20 point guy. I thought my brother was a better ballplayer than me yet he barely averaged 5 or 6 points per game, so I had my doubts.

Anyway, long story short, I played for what was seen as a mediocre basketball program at the time and the performance in question came against our rivals and eventual state semi-finalists. We went into their house and beat them by 13. It was our 5th win in a row and really put us on the map, so to earn my first 20 and 10 in the biggest game of my life up to that point was pretty freaking spectacular. It also led to Player of the Week honors in our regional paper and did wonders for my confidence. The game came a lot easier after that.

Bandito
05-06-2013, 08:45 PM
This was in street ball, it was like 12 rebounds, 12 points on 6-6 and 3 assists. I suck so much:lol

I don't handle the ball much, I like to let people do that and me just play off ball.

ILLsmak
05-07-2013, 02:41 AM
My only great bball memories are from when I was a teenager. Lemme look way back...

I didn't played organized ball much, mostly streetball. A lot of my memories are of D.

I remember playing against this college bball player (a girl haha.) It was her friend who was a guy and her vs me and my friend. And I chased her down on the break and beat that shit off the backboard. She was super salty cuz I was like 14. Her friend was trolling her, too.

Just stuff like that, playing D on people to where they couldn't even dribble by me, blocking tall people, or guys jump shots. It feels great to block someone's jump shot... like a normally tall person, cuz I'm like Nate Robinson, generously and it's like BAW. Send that shit into the backcourt.

-Smak

Remix
05-08-2013, 02:09 AM
in 8th grade. had 41 points on pretty solid shooting numbers even tho i was like 0-5 from 3pt. we played 6 minute quarters and the team we were playing (a tiny catholic school) was absolute trash. we won something like 70 to 35. the only reason i was able to put up those numbers was be cause in the 7th grade game right before ours, the 7th grade team from the catholic school was using players from a different school (obviously their best players) and managed to beat our 7th grade. ticked our coach off and he wanted us to run the score :lol was pretty fun to keep chuckin tho.

ZorPlay
05-08-2013, 02:25 PM
This thread seems like a good place to let everyone know about www.ZorPlay.com

Recently launched, its a website that lets you get rewarded just for playing pick-up basketball. Right now, you can set up, find, and play games with friends or anyone else.

We're working on adding more features including tracking stat lines from ANY game played. This way, even if you play your best ball in a random pick-up game with friends, you can still share it with other ballers across the nation, and eventually, the world.

For now, you can win huge prizes just by setting up your games through the site. Also, we have giveaways as part of our celebration for our launch. Todays giveaway are pairs of Nike Elite Socks. All you have to do is sign up at www.ZorPlay.com to enter. You can get more entries by liking on FB and following on Twitter. Check out the site (www.ZorPlay.com), and check out the giveaway here: http://bit.ly/11RfxkG

Rake2204
05-08-2013, 02:56 PM

18 pts, 12 rebs and 8 assts. I spent the last two minutes trying to get the two assists and almost ended up costing us the game :lol

My coach tore into me in the locker room in front of the rest of the team, but then after everyone left he came to me and said that he only did that so other players would stay humble when they have a good game and that he actually wanted me to get the triple double too :lolThat's a heckuva high school performance. How many points did your team score? I know there's conferences out there that run and gun, then there's also teams like my little brother's, who averaged 43 points per game last year. Either way, having a direct hand on 34 points (not all through scoring) is fresh.

In fact, that statline is scary close to one my teammate had, who turned in 18, 10, and 9 in a double overtime victory (though no one scored in the first OT). How'd you and your coach know you were so close to the triple double though? We had no idea our guy was close until stats were taken from video. I'm guessing someone was tracking via computer during the game?

johndeeregreen
05-08-2013, 09:46 PM

My coach tore into me in the locker room in front of the rest of the team, but then after everyone left he came to me and said that he only did that so other players would stay humble when they have a good game and that he actually wanted me to get the triple double too :lol
Even Ricky Davis has the common decency to pad his stats after the game has been won, not try to do so during a close game. Think about that for a sec - you are more selfish than Ricky Davis. Let that sink in.

If you were my teammate I'd be f*cking pissed.

Jailblazers7
05-08-2013, 11:28 PM
I had my career high on senior night in high school. I had missed some games with a knee injury and we got knocked out of the playoff hunt while I was hurt so my coach gave me the green light. I hit a few shots to start and then took like a 29 ft heatcheck on the break and drained it. After that I just had it going all night and ended up with 37.

TonyMontana
05-09-2013, 12:02 AM
20+ rebounds(forget the exact number) was my best game. I want to say 23 or 24.

I wasn't a scorer(my career high was like 8 and I never took shots unless I was COMPLETELY open or open layups/putbacks off offensive boards). I would go in there to hustle, get boards, and press/body people up to change the tempo of games. My team liked to do a Box And1 D where 4 guys played a zone and one guy(me a lot of the time) would shadow the other teams best offensive threat.

Burgz V2
05-11-2013, 09:26 PM
That's a heckuva high school performance. How many points did your team score? I know there's conferences out there that run and gun, then there's also teams like my little brother's, who averaged 43 points per game last year. Either way, having a direct hand on 34 points (not all through scoring) is fresh.

In fact, that statline is scary close to one my teammate had, who turned in 18, 10, and 9 in a double overtime victory (though no one scored in the first OT). How'd you and your coach know you were so close to the triple double though? We had no idea our guy was close until stats were taken from video. I'm guessing someone was tracking via computer during the game?

we had girls sit on our bench and take our stats. they played on the girls team so they knew how it worked. My coach actually didn't know, one of the bench players actually told me.

During the game they kept trapping me off of our off the ball screen action at the elbow (we ran a hybridized/simplified Princeton offense) so we basically had a guy open on the short corner for the majority of the game. I probably got more than half of my assists on just that one action alone. We weren't playing the brightest team I'll tell you that much.

Even Ricky Davis has the common decency to pad his stats after the game has been won, not try to do so during a close game. Think about that for a sec - you are more selfish than Ricky Davis. Let that sink in.

If you were my teammate I'd be f*cking pissed.

As you should be, but luckily you weren't my teammate. :lol

My teammates actually laughed it off because we won. If we lost, well then this would probably not have been a worthy performance to share.

HomieWeMajor
05-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I once shot 100 % in a game

Went 1/1
http://www.miscupload.com/upload/302001655584546458256007.gif

duskovujosevic
05-12-2013, 10:19 AM
in 3x3, ridiculous performance like 5/5 and 3/3 from 3 point line. with great penetration and asists. my mind was like in other dimension, i literaly saw only ball and bottom of the net.

remarkable feeling

ZorPlay
05-12-2013, 01:53 PM
My best performance in a game (highschool) I had a game with 9 steals and 6 steals in one quarter.

Thats pretty impressive. Throughout the game, I had 27 points (4/4 3 pt), 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 steals.

Here's a video of me practicing bank shots. Its sped up quite a bit but you get the idea. Also, its about ZorPlay.com, a new pick-up basketball site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FfeolRTzrE

Fallguy20
05-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Let me dust off my old statbooks to see...

(time traveling in my mind as I flip through my junior and senior years of highschool)

Strictly speaking from the production stat the program we recorded game data with, my best game was 5/9 from the field for 12 points, 6orb and 5drb for 11 total rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 0 TO and 0 personal fouls for a grandtotal production of 24.

>Don't ask me how in the heck they freaking calculate that crap number.

HOWEVER!
My BEST game IMHO was really the following:
5/5 for 14 points, 6orb & 3drb = 9 total rebounds, 4 personal fouls, 6 TO, 0 steals/blocks/steals. Total production of 16.

That really isn't a great statline, but the game was and its a case where there is more to the stats. I will never forget the entire student section being joined in by the parents and my home city chanting my name after scoring the first 7 points of OT. Not even winning State the next night capping off our undefeated year can compare for me personally.

Element
05-15-2013, 03:23 PM
37 points, 6 assist, 3 steals. Didn't count rebounds. No blocks.

13/22 FG, 6/9 3PT, 5/5 FT. Final score: 76-72 W

That was like 2 weeks ago during the semi-finals of a tournament my friend organized. I choked hard in the finals tho lol, but made up for it in the game
for 3rd place.

We had finished off a game of 21 before the semis started, and I made a shot from three to win it. I felt good about my stroke and started off by hitting a fadeaway three (I suck at threes) with a 6'4 guy draped on me, to beat the shot clock. Needless to say, I stayed hot the rest of the way. Like, during halftime I instructed a teammate on his shooting form and shot a three with his wrong form to show him how it looks. It went in and I couldn't help myself and just started laughing, that feeling when everything goes in is just sick...

code green
05-16-2013, 10:48 AM
I went for 16 points, 9 assists and 5 boards off the bench in middle school. I remember we won 66-11 and my principal pulled us out of class the next day and flipped out for running up the score at the end. My favorite moment was hitting a half court buzzer beater in the championship game that year...we were already up by 2 and would have won the game anyway, but I wanted to score the last points for our team that year lol.

daj0264
05-16-2013, 06:32 PM
scored 8 points vs my little sister in my back garden on a 6 foot rim. she won 11-8 though.

LongLiveTheKing
05-17-2013, 12:09 AM
I've made 5 threes in a game once or twice.
I was on JV though as a junior :oldlol: I was to small but next year I'll be on varsity currently working on getting bigger.

JEFFERSON MONEY
05-29-2013, 03:33 PM
in 3x3, ridiculous performance like 5/5 and 3/3 from 3 point line. with great penetration and asists. my mind was like in other dimension, i literaly saw only ball and bottom of the net.

remarkable feeling

Don't think I've ever had an impressive highschoolVars bball game, but had MANY MANY of these pickup statpads against formidable competition (me and 2 AZN's versus 3 dudes 5 inches taller with more XP)

I'm talking back to back blocks, back to back 3's, slashing to the rim to score 6 straight (the trick is to just switch up the crossover, or do a hesitation fade), and snatching o-rebs high up with speeding assists.

And damn does it feel good. It's incredible how momentum and confidence boost your game.

Jyap9675
05-31-2013, 04:15 AM
In an officiated game my best so far was 29 points, 5 assists. Lost the game though, 60-51. Lol

DoctahG23
06-01-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm still in 8th grade, so most of the people on my team tend to be hogs :L I hardly ever get to score because of them :/ But i think my best game stat wise was when i shot 3/4, got a few rebounds and steals. I don't remember how many of those i got. I think i scored like... 7... But IMHO, i think my best game was when i ankle broke this kid on the other team who was playing dirty. That boy was clutching his ankles for a while XD i got a few assists that night too. Tool bad my coach doesn't count them :/

bmd
06-02-2013, 03:07 AM
I scored 47 points in a high school game. I don't remember how many assists, rebounds, steals, etc.

All I remember is that it felt like I was hitting everything. And I thought after how crazy it is that some NBA players score in the 50's and even 60's, because it didn't seem possible to score more than I did.

Rake2204
06-02-2013, 05:35 PM
I scored 47 points in a high school game. I don't remember how many assists, rebounds, steals, etc.

All I remember is that it felt like I was hitting everything. And I thought after how crazy it is that some NBA players score in the 50's and even 60's, because it didn't seem possible to score more than I did.Not that it explains everything, but NBA ball players do have 16 more minutes to operate. That always made me feel better. 18 high school points is kind of like dropping 27 in the NBA.

360crazy
06-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Had 27 points and 12 assists in a church league game lol.

I never averaged more than 4 ppg and 3 rebounds in high school though. The coach had me at Pf/C beccause of my leaping ability to get rebounds but I was only 5'10.

Lebron23
06-04-2013, 01:20 AM
36 points Back in 2006.

BoutPractice
06-04-2013, 08:00 AM
In an officiated high school game, my best stats were 30 points and 15 rebounds (roughly). Got the 30 points because I was exceptionally playing with a good PG who threw perfect lobs... I also remember it well because I seemingly couldn't miss near the basket. I actually made a lucky 360 hook while fouled, and heard my defender saying "it's not fair" :lol

Another was a simple 16/15 performance with a few timely blocks but it won the game for my team as my play sparked an unstoppable run. Also, those 16 points I'd created myself with Gasol running hooks and turnaround Js as opposed to the 30 coming mostly from assists, so I guess that'd be my true best performance.

In an unofficiated game, a 40 point triple double but I was playing against short guys because I arrived too late to play on the side of the court where the good players were doing their thing :D

But it's funny because when you actually play the game, stats don't matter that much. I remember some of the greatest games from my teammates... it wasn't about how many points they'd scored, but their overall "presence" in the game.
One of my teammates absolutely dominated games with stats like 5 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 5 steals...

Straight_Ballin
06-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Game up to 11 by 1's and 2's. Full court. Was on a team of scrubs against a high school team that had 4 of their 5 starting 5 playing pickup ball at our local court. Their sg led their confrence in spg. With full court pressure, I dropped 6 long 3's. Shot 100%. They would score, team would inbound me the ball and I would dribble through the D, or get a pick set and get another pick 5-6 feet behind 3 point line and launch. These guys loved setting picks. On the final 3 which was real ****ing deep, I just smiled, said thanks for the game, and left. 6 possessions, 6 shots, no one else on my team touching the ball. Game over.

You couldn't hear a pin drop.

I also dropped 53 points in a city league and made the local paper. The other team only had 55 points and we scored 103 lol.

Rake2204
08-06-2013, 11:16 AM
I actually made a lucky 360 hook while fouled, and heard my defender saying "it's not fair" :lol Last summer while playing at UM I hit a step back fallaway and my defender said under his breath, "Only God could stop that." Sure, maybe he was an engineering student with little to no basketball experience. There's really no way of knowing. But he said it, and my little brothers heard it, so it's been a line that's lived in infamy ever since. I'm even thinking of having it printed on my tombstone.

mugiwara
08-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Pinning a layup on the backboard, just pick up but it was a guy who is solid 6'3 and easily dunks.

Career high in a game is either 36 or 34. I cant remember but i know i scored the first 14 points for our team before i was first to the bench, I didn't realise until i sat down. It really was nice because I got the 14 while moving the ball nicely and picking my spots well, when i came back on it was a different story ha ha

Shade8780
08-11-2013, 09:33 AM
I was in the 5th grade and my class was playing basketball for PE. Most people in my class said I was the best so when I got into a game, I was ****ing killing it :oldlol: We had PE as our last class of the day and we had the last game. It was coming to the end and the teacher started counting down from 5. It's a tied game so I dribble the ball up the court as fast as I can. There's two seconds left and I do the MJ push-off, without the actual push-off. I let off the shot....whistle blows......swish. Game winner buzzer beater. I then got mobbed by my classmates.

Hopefully I have better games to come in high school than a PE class in 5th grade :oldlol: