PDA

View Full Version : It Needs To Be Said: Greg Popovich = Most Overrated Coach In NBA History

Euroleague
05-06-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm sorry, but there mere fact that people say this guy is "the best coach in the NBA" is truly a huge indictment of the level of NBA coaching.

Popovich is so freaking overrated it's absurd.

Michael_Wilbon
05-06-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm sorry, but there mere fact that people say this guy is "the best coach in the NBA" is truly a huge indictment of the level of NBA coaching.

You're an idiot. But that's nothing new.

SixShooter
05-06-2013, 11:44 PM
I think Thibodeau is the best coach in the game. What the guy does with his below average roster defensively is pretty amazing.

Kiddlovesnets
05-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Someone please ban this troll, he keeps making shitty threads about a weak league nobody cares, and now hes trolling to another level.
:facepalm

JtotheIzzo
05-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Yeah, there is definitely some hype with Popvich. A bit like Bill Bellichek in that his team is always one of the top five teams in the leauge, but he never has enough to get over the hump since his star has entered the decline years of his prime.

I wouldn't say 'most overrated' but I might go with one who is never questioned when he should be put to task.

Rooster
05-06-2013, 11:46 PM

So what can you tell about a guy with 4 Euroleague title

Next to his name

Was Mike Brown sidekick:oldlol:

While an obscure American :oldlol:

Is coaching a big Euroleague club

And one of the best nation in Europe.

Mr. Jabbar
05-06-2013, 11:48 PM
hes good, its just that 1 series against dantoni made him comfy and spoiled, he needs to get back to work now...

Goldrush25
05-06-2013, 11:51 PM
I liked the part where you backed up your opinion with intelligent insights and good examples that support your premise.:facepalm

El Kabong
05-06-2013, 11:52 PM
It's a refreshing change to see someone provide valid, honest points to back up their argument. I for one, thank you for all the contributions you've made to this board and I hope you will continue to post high quality posts such as the one above. Keep it up!

Lateralus
05-07-2013, 12:08 AM

http://i52.tinypic.com/aujexy.jpg

Iceberg Slim
05-07-2013, 12:08 AM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

do you spend all day wondering how you can annoy people?

Kiddlovesnets
05-07-2013, 12:09 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

do you spend all day wondering how you can annoy people?

Apparently he does, just look at those Euroleague threads, he knows no one cares about those weaklings but he keeps posting them for the sake to annoy us.

TheStarting5ive
05-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Nah.

I'm a Celtics fan and I'm giving that title to Doc Rivers.

Euroleague
05-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Anyone that can't see how overrated Popovich's coaching is, knows nothing about basketball - AT ALL.

Lebron23
05-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Mark Jackson + God >>> Gregg Popovich.

TheBigVeto
05-07-2013, 12:18 AM
You are usually right. But this time you are wrong.

Zodiac
05-07-2013, 12:19 AM
You were saying?

MisterAmazing
05-07-2013, 12:19 AM
OP is the most overrated poster in ISH history

no wait, you cant be overrated if you were known to be sh*t all along. nevermind.

1rkrage
05-07-2013, 12:24 AM
uh no

Zodiac
05-07-2013, 12:24 AM
You were saying?

KyleKong
05-07-2013, 12:25 AM
You were saying?
:lol

Zodiac
05-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Uterusleague with another GOAT thread

Zodiac
05-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Lol

Euroleague
05-07-2013, 01:08 AM
Over....rated, over...rated, over....rated

Graviton
05-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Man those out of timeout plays and inbounds defense on GSW's plays were so overrated, such a shitty coach with his ball movement and open shots and layered strategies that won them the game. :oldlol:

http://i.imgur.com/yCMKe.png

Jyap9675
05-07-2013, 01:19 AM
fail OP, masterful execution by Pop out of timeouts on those <20 secs

Thechosen1
05-07-2013, 01:20 AM
like clockwork

Lateralus
05-07-2013, 01:21 AM
Living up to the Euroleague name....terrible and terrible. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Graviton
05-07-2013, 01:21 AM
fail OP, masterful execution by Pop out of timeouts on those <20 secs
Jackson got mind raped by Pop in the last 12-15 minutes of the game, straight up Inception shit. He probably told Duncan to go to the locker room to mess with Jackson even more, dude was so lost he sat Bogut and lost them the game. :oldlol:

Euroleague
05-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Anyone that watched that game and thinks Popovich did a good job is a ****ing moron.

It's clear why the Spurs have not won in so long.......there coach is an overrated fool's gold that the media hypes up. It's year after year, of terrible coaching from him in the playoffs.

supe12sta12z
05-07-2013, 01:23 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lateralus
05-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Jackson got mind raped by Pop in the last 12-15 minutes of the game, straight up Inception shit. He probably told Duncan to go to the locker room to mess with Jackson even more, dude was so lost he sat Bogut and lost them the game. :oldlol:

:bowdown: :bowdown: I don't think the spinner fell yet

Lateralus
05-07-2013, 01:24 AM
Anyone that watched that game and thinks Popovich did a good job is a ****ing moron.

It's clear why the Spurs have not won in so long.......there coach is an overrated fool's gold that the media hypes up. It's year after year, of terrible coaching from him in the playoffs.

Gets owned, and still posts. :lol :lol

Should be perma banned after this post :bowdown: :bowdown:

Euroleague
05-07-2013, 01:26 AM
It's sad that the clowns posting in this don't even realize they are just outing themselves for having zero basketball knowledge.

They watch Popovich with a terribly coached Spurs team yet again in the playoffs, and then they come here bragging about what a great coach he is.

Some of you people here really are retarded. That Spurs team is so undisciplined it's unbelievable, considering their experience level.

Euroleague
05-07-2013, 01:26 AM
Gets owned, and still posts. :lol :lol

Should be perma banned after this post :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm guessing your IQ is around 65.

nosfan773
05-07-2013, 01:43 AM
I'm guessing your IQ is around 65.

Dude just eat some humble pie and STFU

Timmy D for MVP
05-07-2013, 01:45 AM
I can't believe it's taken this long in the thread to give him the troll ultimatum.

Euro, we know you can't, but please. Tell us why he is. What about his adjustments and game plan, roster moves, and plays make him overrated?

Straight_Ballin
05-07-2013, 01:50 AM
I can't believe it's taken this long in the thread to give him the troll ultimatum.

Euro, we know you can't, but please. Tell us why he is. What about his adjustments and game plan, roster moves, and plays make him overrated?

He can't. Any point that he would try to make I would just counter and simply expose him as the mental midget he is. This is clearly another trolling attempt, because there is no points backing up the claims. 1/10 for effort though.

Xiao Yao You
05-07-2013, 02:05 AM
I think Thibodeau is the best coach in the game. What the guy does with his below average roster defensively is pretty amazing.

Yeah going back to Boston's title that Doc gets too much credit for.

I've always thought Popovich was overrated too. I wouldn't say the most overrated though.

HarryCallahan
05-07-2013, 02:12 AM
Weak attempt. OP can do better. :no:

apesta
05-07-2013, 02:20 AM
So maybe the Spurs haven't won anything for the past few years, but they are still one 50+ winning team regardless. Fact is, he has 4 rings and you can't be saying he wasn't a great coach during all those championship runs. Quit hating and respect the guy for what he has done with the Spurs. I bet you made this thread because the Spurs were on the verge of being blown out by Curry. But too bad it backfired big time.

stephanieg
05-07-2013, 02:47 AM
Well, he waited forever to utilize Splitter. So there's that.

Euroleague
05-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Just look at that game against the Warriors. Guards over dribbling all over and hogging the hell out of the ball and not running the offense (Parker), guards taking stupid shots and making stupid passes (Manu).

No real defensive adjustments all game, strange rotations and player substitutions, absolutely no defense played at all by the team, and seemingly not even any strategy to do so..........

If he's the "best coach in the NBA", then the NBA REALLY has some SHIT coaches.

SCdac
05-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Just look at that game against the Warriors. Guards over dribbling all over and hogging the hell out of the ball and not running the offense (Parker), guards taking stupid shots and making stupid passes (Manu).

No real defensive adjustments all game, strange rotations and player substitutions, absolutely no defense played at all by the team, and seemingly not even any strategy to do so..........

If he's the "best coach in the NBA", then the NBA REALLY ha some SHIT coaches.

switching Leonard on to Curry was a great adjustment, he shadowed him with his length and athleticism, because Curry was definitely lighting up Parker/Joseph/etc.

CeltsGarlic
05-07-2013, 11:47 AM
I dont know... his in game adjustments, end of the game drawn plays, personality and ability to use players strengths is amazing.
One of the best coaches ever.

brantonli
05-07-2013, 11:51 AM

Nooo why are you doing this? :oldlol: Feeding the troll?

I'm not going to lie, it's become so boring whenever Euroleague trolls, he just can't come up with good topics anymore, I think he needs a new username. Way past his trolling prime.

COnDEMnED
05-07-2013, 11:52 AM
What in the world is going on in here?

imdaman99
05-07-2013, 11:54 AM
he outcoached mark jackson last night because mark jackson brought in perennial loser richard jefferson to blow the lead :facepalm cmon mark, spurs got better once they got rid of that scrub. keep jefferson on the bench and enjoy a good series

GabeIsGone
05-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Pop is one of the greatest coaches of all time.

That being said he is certainly not flawless. He can be very stubborn about rotations, minutes, and playing rookies.

Examples? Matt Bonner still being on the team and getting minutes. Not playing Splitter as a starter till this year. Not playing George Hill enough during his early years here. Playing Blair and Bonner together at the same time.

uber
05-07-2013, 12:19 PM

It Needs To Be Said: Euroleague = Idiot

GOBB
05-07-2013, 12:22 PM

The makeup of the roster is good defenders/rebounders.

Noah? Check
Boozer? 1/2 check (good rebounder but his defense id say is below average)
Taj Gibson? Check
Deng? check
Hinrich? Check
Butler? Check

So overall talent its nothing to write home about but Thibs has a good crop of personnel to execute defensively as a team while cleaning the glass. Not that this is me saying hes not a great coach. Or to argue he cant be considered the best in the biz. Just had to make note that he doesnt exactly have a bunch of weak defenders that he turned into studs is all.

SpurrDurr
05-07-2013, 12:49 PM
I know, he's nothing compared to greek coaches.
http://www.gastonebet.gr/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/hellas-basket-gastonebet.jpg
I mean look at them, their coaches have to be their special needs teacher aswell.
The players had to take a 2 weeks online course for learning how to flush the toilet.
Life coaches :applause:

Euroleague
05-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Just amazing at all the adjustments the "best coach in the NBA" is making so far in this series.................

Kiddlovesnets
05-09-2013, 12:11 AM
Ban this troll please, he only makes posts to annoy people. Those Euroleague threads are even worse than this.

Euroleague
05-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Clearly, very few people here understand basketball.

Mrofir
05-09-2013, 01:58 PM
hes good, its just that 1 series against dantoni made him comfy and spoiled, he needs to get back to work now...

wai waiwaiiwaiwiiait I thought Coachbe? ..... what..... happened...

Euroleague
06-19-2013, 12:32 AM
"The best coach in the NBA" just proved once again why he is extremely overrated.

I don't know which was worse, Manu, Parker, and Duncan choking like hell and doing everything they could to out choke LeChoke, or the unbelievably horrific coaching of Popovich.

LMFAO at the retards in this forum that claim Popovich is not overrated.

Euroleague
06-19-2013, 01:04 AM
:lol at all the clowns that trash talked me in this thread avoiding this like the plague..............

:roll:

Fedor - Laker
06-27-2013, 10:15 AM
bump, so agreed.

Le Shaqtus
06-27-2013, 10:19 AM
V Span would have coached the Spurs AND play PG to beat the Heat in 4.

I<3NBA
06-27-2013, 10:53 AM
so reaching the NBA finals is being a shitty coach?

RagaZ
05-31-2014, 11:42 PM

Kiddlovesnets
05-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Euroleague needs to be banned, what a troll.

Dr.J4ever
05-31-2014, 11:48 PM
The OP is Exhibit A on why no one takes him seriously on this board!:cheers:

RIP CITY
05-31-2014, 11:53 PM
Terrible thread and anyone that agrees with the OP should just stop watching basketball immediately.

Budadiiii
06-13-2014, 08:12 AM
"I Feel Devotion" - Gregg Popovich

Done_And_Done
06-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Being the general behind 2 of the greatest offensive road performances in NBA finals history. Yeah, I would say the OP is on to something here.

Done_And_Done
06-13-2014, 09:45 AM
:lol at all the clowns that trash talked me in this thread avoiding this like the plague..............

Avoiding what? You should be ashamed of yourself for not only creating this abomination, but fervently standing by it with your continuous bumps. Foul...

GimmeThat
06-13-2014, 09:53 AM
if he's not the best.
and no one is arguing he's the 2nd best yet.

who's over rating him?

wait, don't tell me someone thought he was number 1 or number 2 best coach in NBA history.

I need to be educated. Or like, read the book of basketball by Bill Simmons or something.

Budadiiii
06-13-2014, 10:01 AM
Avoiding what? You should be ashamed of yourself for not only creating this abomination, but fervently standing by it with your continuous bumps. Foul...
It was a clean bump at the time. No foul.

Done_And_Done
06-13-2014, 10:27 AM
This thread has never been clean. Not then, nor at any point during Pop's tenure as the Spurs bench boss. The guy has done nothing but prove his worth as a great sports mind for over a decade. This thread is straight up bullocks, regardless of a provisional period of struggle.

Straight foul...

Euroleague
06-13-2014, 11:50 AM
This thread has never been clean. Not then, nor at any point during Pop's tenure as the Spurs bench boss. The guy has done nothing but prove his worth as a great sports mind for over a decade. This thread is straight up bullocks, regardless of a provisional period of struggle.

Straight foul...

He's incredibly overrated. Only complete morons think he's doing anything special.

He's out coaching an incompetent idiot like Spoelstra........big deal.

He's a very good coach indeed. That's not the issue. The issue is how OVERRATED he is. The responses in this thread by brain dead idiots like you just keep constantly proving my point.

Here you clowns go again, acting like what he is doing is something special.

NCAA and Europe are full of coaches that can do this same stuff.

The NBA is just a joke as far as coaches go.

But rest assured, Popovich has choked so many times in his career and he cost the Spurs so many titles it's pathetic. It just shows how stupid the ISH posters here are.

if you even dare disagree with what I am saying here, then you have not been watching the NBA playoffs for more than just this year.

Oly BC
06-13-2014, 12:03 PM
That is quite true in a way. For example Green was benched after bying into Ray Allen's fake and Pop yelled at him, right? Standard procedure here. But could Spoelsta do that to Wade?:facepalm

He's certainly the best NBA coach and has an eye for getting the players his system needs. But could some of his stature be due to the fact that he's going against nobodies? Might as well be the case, no one could say for sure.

Derka
06-13-2014, 12:03 PM
How Euroleague manages to convert oxygen into carbon dioxide on a daily basis is nothing short of a medical marvel.

HurricaneKid
06-13-2014, 12:40 PM
He's incredibly overrated. Only complete morons think he's doing anything special.

He's a very good coach indeed. That's not the issue. The issue is how OVERRATED he is. The responses in this thread by brain dead idiots like you just keep constantly proving my point.

But rest assured, Popovich has choked so many times in his career and he cost the Spurs so many titles it's pathetic. It just shows how stupid the ISH posters here are.

if you even dare disagree with what I am saying here, then you have not been watching the NBA playoffs for more than just this year.

This is like hitting a hard 19 and getting a 10. THEN DOUBLING DOWN.

You have confirmed the worst of the things that have been said about you. Your idiocy is not only being mocked openly, but you are CONFIRMING it.

tomtucker
06-13-2014, 01:03 PM
he is being an asshole to his players....and he looks like he has really bad breath

Done_And_Done
06-13-2014, 03:43 PM

Just stop.

The reason you're getting flammed in this thread by an overwhelming margin is not because the consensus is brain dead as you've exclaimed. It's because your frequent attempts to disparage one of the better coaches the NBA has seen in recent years are as nonsensical as your infinite hard-on for the European brand of basketball.

lol @ Europe being full of coaches who can do the same.

Your blatant disrespect for a guy who has amassed a .700 winning clip for the duration of nearly 20 years in the BEST league in the world speaks to how daft you are in conjunction to why you've been getting chewed in your own stupid thread.