PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard appreciation thread

SCdac
05-07-2013, 11:36 AM
This thread needs to be made, because Kawhi has quickly become one of the most exciting, hard working, and well rounded Spurs players and at 21 he's got a bright future. His pops who was gunned down 5 years ago Im sure would be proud of him.

Leonard scored 18 in the last game, and in his past 4 games he's averaging 15 ppg (.61 FG%). Currently, he's the Spurs third leading scorer, leading the team in MPG, and his confidence is growing as his teammates and coach trust him more.

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/17/55/53/4119259/3/628x471.jpg
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/04/25/usp-nba_-playoffs-los-angeles-lakers-at-san-antoni-4_3_r536_c534.jpg
http://binaryapi.ap.org/e56b880ec3484e6293b00039cb9bf835/512x.jpg

A few things casual fans may not have noticed in last nights game, but us enthusiasts probably did:

- Pop elected to put Kawhi on Curry toward the end of the game, similar to what he used to do with Bowen on PGs, and his length made Curry (who was hot all game) work harder. Leonard is probably the most versatile defender in SA, and his overall impact shows up both in advanced stats and in-game.

- Leonard had the game winning assist to give him 3 assists on the night. When you watch the replay of Manu's shot, check out how perfect Kawhi's overhanded chest pass was. The accuracy/speed of his pass allowed Manu to put the shot up literally in a split second. A little to the left or right, or too low, and might not have happened.

- Kawhi hit big shots in the second half in Game 1, including his only three point attempt with 1:40 left in the 4th, and a jumper in the paint in the first OT. Hitting important shots is becoming a trend for him. He was not getting spoon fed either, his post up game complements his jump shot, athleticism, and dribble-penetration. Pop and crew are leaning on him more and Parker said something along the lines of "we need him to have big games" prior to tip off.

rmt
05-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Great job by Kawhi last night. I still think the game plan should be to single-cover Curry with Leonard and STAY HOME ON THE SHOOTERS. GSW as a team shoots too well to help off anyone to double Curry. He will get his no matter what - so live with his 40 points and stick to everyone else. Curry will get tired having to carry the load.

Miracle win - haven't seen a Spurs game like that since 08 playoffs vs PHX game 1 double over time.

Jyap9675
05-07-2013, 11:49 AM
I love Kawhi but I don't think he shut down Curry at all, I do remember Curry blowing by him a couple of times and got an easy two at the basket..

SsKSpurs21
05-07-2013, 11:57 AM
I love Kawhi but I don't think he shut down Curry at all, I do remember Curry blowing by him a couple of times and got an easy two at the basket..

you are correct. he didnt shut down curry...BUT his length slowed Curry down long enough to allow the second defender to close in on him. He was getting by too quick on Parker and Joseph and by the time the second defender came around, curry was either in position to pass off to the open man or in shooting motion.

I think leonard did a fantastic job. he is easily becoming a fan favorite. definitely has become my favorite Spur since last year.

http://i.imgur.com/nuK2dZc.png

BuffaloBill
05-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Love the guy. I can't wait to see how he improves in the future.

SCdac
05-07-2013, 12:09 PM
you are correct. he didnt shut down curry...BUT his length slowed Curry down long enough to allow the second defender to close in on him. He was getting by too quick on Parker and Joseph and by the time the second defender came around, curry was either in position to pass off to the open man or in shooting motion.

I think leonard did a fantastic job. he is easily becoming a fan favorite. definitely has become my favorite Spur since last year.

Exactly. good post

He slowed him down enough to make his night not so easy. And at crucial parts in the game.

Fallen Angel
05-07-2013, 12:14 PM
I appreciate him but Chandler Parsons is still better.

GabeIsGone
05-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Kawhi is a ****ing beast, and has quickly become my favorite player on the Spurs. Elite defense and rebounding.

The man desperately needs more touches. Take some away from Manu. Ya he hit the game-winner last night but people forget that that was his like 3rd attempt of the night and that he was 4-19 before that shot.

Unleash Kawhi!

SCdac
05-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Mark Jackson had some kind words too

[quote]

SCdac
05-15-2013, 11:04 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2626353/leonarddunk2_medium.gif

:rockon:

Against the Warriors so far:

14.4 ppg / 9.0 rpg / 1.8 apg / 1.4 spg / 1.0 threes / .58 FG%

On top of excellent D on Thompson and Curry

andremiller07
05-15-2013, 11:19 AM
What I love about that dude is hes like one of those mistake free players who just makes the correct play all the time and just gives everything he has.

millwad
05-15-2013, 01:43 PM
This thread needs to be made, because Kawhi has quickly become one of the most exciting, hard working, and well rounded Spurs players and at 21 he's got a bright future. His pops who was gunned down 5 years ago Im sure would be proud of him.

Leonard scored 18 in the last game, and in his past 4 games he's averaging 15 ppg (.61 FG%). Currently, he's the Spurs third leading scorer, leading the team in MPG, and his confidence is growing as his teammates and coach trust him more.

First of all, don't lie.
Kawhi is averaging 13.5 points per game during his past 4 games and he's making 60% of his FG attempts.

With that said, Kawhi is a good role player!
His FG% is impressive but he's getting wide open looks and they are playing the Warriors so his scoring is not really impressive.

- Leonard had the game winning assist to give him 3 assists on the night. When you watch the replay of Manu's shot, check out how perfect Kawhi's overhanded chest pass was. The accuracy/speed of his pass allowed Manu to put the shot up literally in a split second. A little to the left or right, or too low, and might not have happened.

You're trying to hard, we are talking about NBA players. Hyping a chest pass, really? And Kawhi should be the last one who gets cred for assists considering how terrible he's been at passing and creating for others. He's only avering 1.6 assists per game..

rmt
05-15-2013, 01:48 PM
What I love about that dude is hes like one of those mistake free players who just makes the correct play all the time and just gives everything he has.

True. He hardly makes mistakes in the half court. Now on the fast break, both he and Green need some work (if not pass it to Manu or TP).

Haymaker
05-15-2013, 01:50 PM

It seems that Danny Green did the best job on Curry. :applause:

BoutPractice
05-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Yes, Danny Green is one of the most underrated players in the NBA.

That said, Leonard is for real. He's the ideal do-it-all forward for a championship team.

millwad
05-15-2013, 01:56 PM
It seems that Danny Green did the best job on Curry. :applause:

I'm not a fan of the team but I like watching Danny Green play. His shot is so smooth.

SCdac
05-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Millwad, Why you so butthurt yo? You realize I created this thread over a week ago not today? :oldlol: ... We all know you're a closet Leonard fan

He's is a sick player so I don't blame you being a fan, and he definitely deserves the props. Put up 17 points in the win yesterday.

He seems real quiet and calm but he plays with intensity and resolve.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2013/03/KawhiLeonard-306x425.jpg

millwad
05-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Millwad, Why you so butthurt yo? You realize I created this thread over a week ago not today? :oldlol: ... We all know you're a closet Leonard fan

He's is a sick player so I don't blame you being a fan, and he definitely deserves the props. Put up a personal high 17 points in the win yesterday.

He seems real quiet and calm but he plays with intensity and resolve.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2013/03/KawhiLeonard-306x425.jpg

Nice grammar, bro.
Just noticed that it's a week old thread, that was definitely my bad.

Yeah, he's a nice role player and I really like how he acts on the court. A lot of the good young players in the league are so cocky and hard to like, Leonard is not like them, I've never seen him act out or anything. Seems like a humble kid with alot of potenital.

PTstyle272
05-15-2013, 04:27 PM
I like George Hill but Paul and Kawhi would have been NASTY

SCdac
05-15-2013, 04:35 PM
I like George Hill but Paul and Kawhi would have been NASTY

add Hibbert and the Pacers' defensive potential is through the roof.

I don't watch super closely, but I like what Hill has done in IND. Seems like a young leader. He was very much liked in SA.

fsvr54
05-15-2013, 05:35 PM
Love these long haired hustle nikkas Kawhi, Faried and Crowder.

SCdac
05-19-2013, 05:56 PM
this dude is such a gamer....

18 points (spurs second leading scorer)
4-5 from three
2 steals
1 block

He's really showing growth in these playoffs. Playing the most minutes on his team and gaining Pop's trust.

SoCalLakersFan1
05-19-2013, 05:56 PM
this dude is such a gamer....

18 points (spurs second leading scorer)
4-5 from three
2 steals
1 block

He's really showing growth in these playoffs. Playing the most minutes on his team and gaining Pop's trust.
Wasn't his knee acting up this game as well?

HarryCallahan
05-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Wasn't his knee acting up this game as well?

Yup. :bowdown:

All Net
05-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Great young player...

Think it could be a nice SF battle with him and Barnes over the coming years out west.

rmt
05-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Hope his knee is okay. Notice he didn't dunk the ball on that runaway shot - just laid it in. Thought that Pop substituted in McGrady very early too - maybe he just wanted to give Leonard some rest or the knee was hurting.

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-19-2013, 09:25 PM
:cheers:

Funnyfuka
05-19-2013, 09:28 PM
he s been clearly impressive as of late, and still very humble and focused. I enjoy watching him play and hope it will last.

Anaximandro1
05-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Kawhi

:applause:

DuMa
05-19-2013, 10:43 PM
my favorite player to watch on the spurs. Its incredible what Pop has molded him to become the most heavily used player on the team. hes like a swiss army knife. a lot of tools and almost always makes the right play

SCdac
06-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Don't even care if the Spurs lose this game or the series, for a young man this guys D on Lebron in game 1 has been superb :applause:

RidonKs
06-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Don't even care if the Spurs lose this game or the series, for a young man this guys D on Lebron in game 1 has been superb :applause:
he's so damn quick laterally, every time it seems james has the step, he slides right back into place. it's beautiful to watch.

better than paul george's defense? i think leonard is more composed, maybe because george had such a heavier load to carry on the other end.

SCdac
06-06-2013, 11:31 PM
he's so damn quick laterally, every time it seems james has the step, he slides right back into place. it's beautiful to watch.

better than paul george's defense? i think leonard is more composed, maybe because george had such a heavier load to carry on the other end.

definitely.

Leonard, for his height, seems a little longer too. He's got the wingspan of a 7 footer

HarryCallahan
06-07-2013, 12:14 AM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

And some heat fans were saying George & Butler > Kawhi. :facepalm

bagelred
06-07-2013, 12:16 AM
I knew when we drafted him, he was gonna be something special. Pleasure to watch.

Big#50
06-07-2013, 12:16 AM
His rebounding was huge.

hitmanyr2k
06-07-2013, 12:18 AM
After seeing George Hill get abused by Chalmers and clank jumpers it's safe to say the Spurs won that trade :oldlol:

hitmanyr2k
06-07-2013, 12:21 AM
I knew when we drafted him, he was gonna be something special. Pleasure to watch.

Are you truly a Spurs fan? I'm not a Spurs fan and even I know they didn't draft him :oldlol:

RichieW
06-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Are you truly a Spurs fan? I'm not a Spurs fan and even I know they didn't draft him :oldlol:

Indiana drafted him for the Spurs

SCdac
06-07-2013, 01:11 AM
His rebounding was huge.

True that.

Watching him go up for a rebound against Heat bigmen, pretty impressive.

In the playoffs, he's averaging 8 rebounds and leading SA with 2.1 offensive boards.

4 double digit rebounding games (1 in Memphis, LA, and 2 in GS)

That turn around jumper he hit against Lebron in the first half was clean.

Junker
06-07-2013, 01:19 AM
Yeah Kawhi quickly becoming a very balanced player that can only improve from that season forward and I can't help but mention how mind bogling his hands are.

imdaman99
06-07-2013, 01:25 AM
rich mans deng right here. im a fan keep it up. lebron looked scared to shoot on him :rockon:

Done_And_Done
06-07-2013, 01:36 AM
Can't speak highly enough about this youngster. He also couldn't have found himself in a situation that's more conducive to his style of play. Kawhi and the Spurs were meant for eachother...

GabeIsGone
06-07-2013, 03:49 AM
Timmy will always have a place in my heart, but kawhi has become my favorite spur by a large margin. Man needs more touches!!

hitmanyr2k
06-07-2013, 04:00 AM
True that.

Watching him go up for a rebound against Heat bigmen, pretty impressive.

In the playoffs, he's averaging 8 rebounds and leading SA with 2.1 offensive boards.

4 double digit rebounding games (1 in Memphis, LA, and 2 in GS)

That turn around jumper he hit against Lebron in the first half was clean.

That stop on the dime reverse pivot spin midrange shot was a sweet move (nice footwork) and it's something you don't see from many SFs these days for some reason. I find most players tend to have linear movements. That move completely lost Lebron and the help defense. I hope Kahwi keeps getting better and especially developing moves like that.

Collie
06-07-2013, 04:32 AM
Kawaii Leonard turning into one of my favorite role players.

SCdac
06-07-2013, 04:40 AM
That stop on the dime reverse pivot spin midrange shot was a sweet move (nice footwork) and it's something you don't see from many SFs these days for some reason. I find most players tend to have linear movements. That move completely lost Lebron and the help defense. I hope Kahwi keeps getting better and especially developing moves like that.

Definitely a nice move. His shot is so clean too.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/901/240/Lenoard_original.gif

Haymaker
06-07-2013, 05:23 AM
Definitely a nice move. His shot is so clean too.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/901/240/Lenoard_original.gif Kawhi!! :applause:

millwad
06-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Seriously, people bending over for Kawhi's defense on LeBron in a game where LeBron put up 18 points, 18 rebounds and 10 assists.. :facepalm

edrick
06-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Seriously, people bending over for Kawhi's defense on LeBron in a game where LeBron put up 18 points, 18 rebounds and 10 assists.. :facepalm

and lebron played passively.

thefatmiral
06-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Lebron is an immaculate player, can't be shut down completely but he can be held back some. I like leonards quiet composure , this guy deserves his this visit to the finals in only his second year, also great to see appreciation of this young fundamentally strong , defensive based player, instead of just the usual praise of freaksathletes poster dunks, and image.

hitmanyr2k
06-07-2013, 09:20 AM

So we're not supposed to give the youngster any credit for playing a damn good, effective game in his first Finals because Lebron put up empty numbers? Lebron got a lot of rebounds. Yippee...half of them fell in his lap. Of course his ball dominance is going to lead to assists (especially when he's deferring because his predictable offense is getting bottled up). And Lebron scored 18 points (most of which were in transition, wide open shots, or broken plays). He wasn't scoring much over Leonard.

Maybe if Lebron actually worked on midrange moves like the one Leonard put on him above he wouldn't have to get so passive and defer to his teammates to bail him out so much, especially when he's supposed to be the best offensive option on the floor. He's one of the most linear players ever. In the half court his game is either shoot a long jumper or go to the rim....no in-between game, no footwork, nothing.

bagelred
06-07-2013, 09:28 AM

:rolleyes: Obviously...You knew what I meant. The point is we got another building block for the future....:rockon:

Funnyfuka
06-07-2013, 09:59 AM
did someone notice he sports old air max cb ? damn they look good on him.

Artillery
06-07-2013, 10:07 AM

Kawhi Leonard guarded LeBron James on 6 of his 7 2nd half field goal attempts in Game 1 and held James to 2-of-8 shooting and 6 points overall in the game. James' average field goal attempt was 16.4 feet from the basket against Leonard. Against all other defenders, James went 5-of-8 from the field with 12 points and average shot distance of 8.9 feet.

:oldlol: millwad still butthurt that Leonard's a better player than Parsons.

Wonder Bread Kid
06-07-2013, 10:08 AM

The trade wa literally George Hill for Kawhi Leonard if he's still on the board. He was, so the trade happened.

Fallen Angel
06-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Kawhi!!

I'm glad San Antonio won yesterday but I feel Kawhi needs to play better. Heat are down 1 so you can expect a LeBron take over in game 2. That post up for LeBron is all day (that's what I got from watching game 1 yesterday)....Leonard is not nearly strong enough to hold his ground. If you can force LeBron to take a contested jumpshot you've done your job.

Sweet game for Kawhi yesterday. I liked that turnaround jumper on LeBron and Birdman.

dh144498
06-07-2013, 11:30 AM
that turn around jumper and the play where he drives past lebron for a dunk. :bowdown:
plus he played great defense on lebron last night. :applause:

unbreakable
06-07-2013, 12:16 PM
did someone notice he sports old air max cb ? damn they look good on him.

he was rocking retro Js all year long and for the playoffs he switched to the air max.. i think danny green got him wearing them cuz dannys been wearing em all year:bowdown:

unbreakable
06-07-2013, 12:17 PM
not many people get up over Wade for the strong finish....

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2013/06/07/01/23/7rUJX.St.56.jpeg

zizozain
06-07-2013, 01:20 PM
bagelred :lol

SCdac
05-08-2014, 10:20 PM
bump for the unsung hero of the SA Spurs

currently leading all scorers with 14 points with 10 minutes left in the 2nd

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3772187/kawhic2c.gif

SsKSpurs21
05-09-2014, 01:30 PM
DAGGER 3 from last night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRkm-q4AYOA

BuffaloBill
05-10-2014, 01:44 AM
first player to win finals mvp without making the allstar team

T_L_P
05-10-2014, 12:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKO1uiutfsg

Haha, I love Kawhi.

SCdac
06-01-2014, 10:25 AM
this guy :bowdown:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/adrumaddict/10369219_10152351454958463_3622707167849823531_n.j pg

gif request: if anybody can find that left handed block on Westbrook at the end of the game :eek:

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 10:26 AM

BuffaloBill
06-01-2014, 10:26 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/SecondhandUnhealthyDegus.gif

SCdac
06-01-2014, 10:27 AM
thanks man! that block is so boss... its like a block/steal

BuffaloBill
06-01-2014, 10:35 AM
One of the many game saving plays from the spurs last night. I love when the spurs win close games and dont **** up.

steve
06-01-2014, 10:37 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/SecondhandUnhealthyDegus.gif

Such "IT" Factor.

So block.

Much Clutch.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 10:39 AM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Spurs.jpg

Kawhi a good looking dude, no homo

TheMilkyBarKid
06-01-2014, 11:32 AM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Spurs.jpg

Kawhi a good looking dude, no homo
God damn I've always thought Ginobli and Bellineli looked similar but it took a few seconds to work out which was which here for me.

Teanett
06-01-2014, 11:57 AM

veilside23
06-01-2014, 12:21 PM
I am just thinking if Kahwi Leonard is really the future after T.M.T. ...

i mean can he really be the leader and anchor his team to the finals?

I see him leading them as a defender but as a scorer i dont know it maybe to early to tell...

but hey this dude is a stud

TMT
06-01-2014, 12:34 PM
This guy has formed himself into a top all-around SF in just three short years. :applause:

He is also averaging a Finals run for his three years in the league, and has never seen anything short of a Game 6 of the WCF. This experience at such a young age is really going to help this kid in the long run.

Sugar K! :pimp:

veilside23
06-01-2014, 01:17 PM
This guy has formed himself into a top all-around SF in just three short years. :applause:

He is also averaging a Finals run for his three years in the league, and has never seen anything short of a Game 6 of the WCF. This experience at such a young age is really going to help this kid in the long run.

Sugar K! :pimp:

I really hope he is the future after TMT .

SCdac
06-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Kawhi = MVP of tonights game

29 points (10-13 FG) -- Career High
4 rebounds
2 assists
2 steals
2 blocks
3 three's
6/7 FT's

:applause: :applause: :applause:

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Outplayed Bron on both ends when he was allowed to play by the refs.

Greatest role player in the game as we speak. Borderline all-star.

DCL
06-10-2014, 11:53 PM
almost everytime kawhi plays a big ass game, spurs win.

hmmm....

Buzissa
06-11-2014, 12:03 AM
Kawhi can impact the game in so many ways. Future star.
He was in beast mode tonight.
An early candidate for Finals MVP.

SCdac
06-15-2014, 11:12 PM
This mother****er!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

thefatmiral
06-15-2014, 11:47 PM
BUMP . was great to see this this young man hold up a FMVP. seems like a legitimately nice , hardworking and humble dude. The future

Fudge
06-15-2014, 11:48 PM
This mother****er!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
Congrats, dude. I love y'all Spurs fans. The team as well.

Let me party with you guys and get turnt!!

kayla91
06-15-2014, 11:49 PM
MVP Well Deserved and EARNED Kawhi! Congrats on the win!

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv56/kayla9170/Kawhi_zpsc1c036f7.jpg

J Shuttlesworth
06-15-2014, 11:50 PM
Loved the fact that he elevated his game in the finals. Great series by him

Leroy Jetson
06-15-2014, 11:54 PM
He is such a hard worker and has very few weaknesses in his game. His ceiling is looking sky high at this point. Could definitely be the next NBA superstar.

Anaximandro1
06-16-2014, 12:09 AM
Kawhi, you're amazing

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Done_And_Done
06-16-2014, 12:14 AM
I appreciate!

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 12:23 AM
If he improves his ball handling I can see him being a superstar.

hitmanyr2k
06-16-2014, 12:24 AM
Finals MVP :cheers: Well-deserved.

http://i.imgur.com/yTSwSIA.gif
http://i.imgur.com/kBwZcui.gif
http://i.imgur.com/LoLIqqo.gif

SCdac
06-16-2014, 12:31 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pbTGnp4Nnhg/U55jY-USKOI/AAAAAAAAHnI/wOgqIFmJ-lk/s1600/k1.gif

:pimp:

SCdac
06-16-2014, 02:22 AM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/2014+NBA+Finals+Game+Five+SM9Q27dWcNVx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1gBkXqS.jpg

Real14
06-16-2014, 02:27 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pbTGnp4Nnhg/U55jY-USKOI/AAAAAAAAHnI/wOgqIFmJ-lk/s1600/k1.gif

My favorite spurs player of all time:applause: :cheers:

unbreakable
06-16-2014, 02:29 AM
kawhi hittin that cigar like a blunt lmao.. slow down youngster

Mrofir
06-16-2014, 02:29 AM
Looks like Bill R was trying to fondle his hand on the handshake.

iTare
06-16-2014, 02:41 AM
kawhi hittin that cigar like a blunt lmao.. slow down youngster
haha that's pretty damn funny. was thinkin the same thing.

BlazerRed
06-16-2014, 02:41 AM
I would let Kawhi sit on my face.

Milbuck
06-16-2014, 02:44 AM
I would let Kawhi sit on my face.
Came here to say this

BlazerRed
06-16-2014, 02:45 AM
Came here to say this
I have a feeling he keeps it clean down there :cheers:

Angel Face
06-16-2014, 02:46 AM
I'm starting to like this player. He's like a terminator. Reminds me of Fedor. He shows no emotions, doesn't talk much but he gets the Job done. Just bussiness. :applause:

bdreason
06-16-2014, 02:51 AM
Is he the youngest FMVP of all-time?

SCdac
06-16-2014, 03:03 AM

Not sure exactly. I heard he's the youngest since Duncan in 1999 and Magic in his rookie season.

Anaximandro1
06-16-2014, 03:06 AM

Kawhi and Bill Russell

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Legends66NBA7
06-16-2014, 03:08 AM
Kawhi and Bill Russell

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Wish it was Duncan and Russell. Both have some similar traits and legacies in context. Oh well.

BlazerRed
06-16-2014, 03:09 AM
No, Magic at 19 and Duncan at 20.

Legends66NBA7
06-16-2014, 03:13 AM

Magic was 20 and Duncan was 23.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/16/kawhi-leonard-becomes-youngest-nba-finals-mvp-since-magic/

bdreason
06-16-2014, 03:14 AM

ESPN just said he was 2nd behind Magic, but I'll take your word for it.

Legends66NBA7
06-16-2014, 03:15 AM
ESPN just said he was 2nd behind Magic, but I'll take your word for it.

Check my post above yours.

bdreason
06-16-2014, 03:25 AM
ESPN ticker just said he is 3rd youngest FMVP now. Fukking ESPN. :oldlol:

Harison
06-16-2014, 04:37 AM
Only 21 but already shining on the brightest stage :applause: If Pops keeps coaching, Kawhi just might become a true superstar :cheers:

All Net
06-16-2014, 04:38 AM
:cheers: :cheers:

SCdac
06-16-2014, 04:56 AM
Kawhi is the 6th player to be named Finals MVP without being named to the All-Star team. :applause:

2014 Kawhi
2004 Billups
1989 Dumars
1981 Maxwell
1978 Unseld
1973 Reed

credit ESPN for the info
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11090381/2014-nba-playoffs-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-named-finals-mvp

Kiddlovesnets
06-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Duncan used to tell Lebron that the league would be his, but turned out that he handed the league to Leonard in the end.

SCdac
12-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Kawhi Leonard tonight (Spurs w/ no Duncan, Parker, Splitter, and Mills):

26 points
10 rebounds
4 assists
2 steals
2 three's
.60 FG%
.75 FT%

Against the worst team in the league but still Kawhi continues to blossom :applause:

Smoke117
12-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Stop calling him a the next Pippen or even Pippen lite. Scottie Pippen was a legimate point guard...Kawhi Leonard is not even a legitimate playmaker in general.

bukowski81
12-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Stop calling him a the next Pippen or even Pippen lite. Scottie Pippen was a legimate point guard...Kawhi Leonard is not even a legitimate playmaker in general.

The similarities are more on the defensive end

Paul George 24
12-02-2014, 01:31 AM

stop hating plz,althought he destroyed your heat last year :banana:

Bigsmoke
12-02-2014, 02:16 AM
Better than I thought

Bigsmoke
12-02-2014, 02:55 AM
Kawhi Leonard tonight (Spurs w/ no Duncan, Parker, Splitter, and Mills):

26 points
10 rebounds
4 assists
2 steals
2 three's
.60 FG%
.75 FT%

Against the worst team in the league but still Kawhi continues to blossom :applause:

When did he learn how to shoot and pass.

I don't remember him being a great shooter in San Diego State

T_L_P
12-02-2014, 03:00 AM
When did he learn how to shoot and pass.

I don't remember him being a great shooter in San Diego State

Credit Chip, the unspoken GOAT (and RC, who puts together incredible teams and drafts better than anyone).

Also credit Kawhi for being a huge gym rat. :applause:

Milbuck
12-02-2014, 03:14 AM
Still just 23, could get better for 5-6+ years, and it looks like his work ethic and mindset will make that a reality. Dude's gonna be a top 5 player some day..maybe not statistically, but in overall two-way impact. Already a top 3 perimeter defender imo with Buckets and Grindfather, and his offense is coming along nicely. Don't know what the deal is with his eye, but he could easily be putting up 18-20 ppg if he was 100% and given huge minutes on a less team-oriented squad, perhaps more.

Paul George 24
12-02-2014, 07:28 AM
http://www.morningprint.com/updata/user_img/nanna20141202200800.gif
http://www.morningprint.com/updata/user_img/nanna20141202200842.gif
http://www.morningprint.com/updata/user_img/nanna20141202201814.gif
http://www.morningprint.com/updata/user_img/nanna20141202201912.gif
http://www.morningprint.com/updata/user_img/nanna20141202202033.gif
http://www.morningprint.com/updata/user_img/nanna20141202202313.gif

SCdac
10-26-2016, 08:41 AM
After years of "he doesn't have takeover ability", "he's too raw", etc, etc... Kawhi is still the man... Gotta appreciate his talent and hard work :applause:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/24/cf/54/24cf54232471e06b5181c34757742fed.jpg

Spurs5Rings2014
10-26-2016, 09:16 AM
35 PPG so far for the 2016-2017 NBA season.