PDA

View Full Version : I didn't realize how racist Stephen A is until i saw his latest target

niko
05-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Pablo Prigioni.

Seriously? He was talking about how overrated Pablo is.
1) Pablo is barely rated.
2) He's getting attention because he's played well in a few games now.

But he's not getting national attention, he's barely getting local attention. People are stating to like him as a cult figure because he's old, and his game is different and effective.

Yet Stephen A felt the need to make sure we don't give him too much props. Ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GIVE THE NON STAR NON BLACK TOO MUCH CREDIT.

Reverend Hoops
05-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Kwame Brown would disagree on your notion.

STATUTORY
05-08-2013, 03:34 PM
he's doing a sitcom character on sports news program. the militant black man. sometimes he does it to the point of self caricaturization.

KG215
05-08-2013, 03:35 PM
He had some pretty memorable Slava Medvedenko and Rasho Nesterovic rants back in the day.

Andrew Wiggins
05-08-2013, 03:35 PM
dude's racist as shit.

first it was jeremy lin, then tiago splitter was "garbage", and now he's going out of his way to call pablo prigioni overrated.

jzek
05-08-2013, 03:36 PM
You guys know that Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless are just trolling right? They're saying exactly what you need to hear in order to elicit a reaction from you. Don't be idiots and buy into their crap. :facepalm

STATUTORY
05-08-2013, 03:36 PM
dude's racist as shit.

first it was jeremy lin, then tiago splitter was "garbage", and now he's going out of his way to call pablo prigioni overrated.

melo is a superstar doe, bonafide, nasty, stupendous, and multiple other hyperbolic multi-syllable adjetives

:facepalm

DuMa
05-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Steven A Smith is not threadworthy. Hes in the same category as Skip Bayless and thus doesnt deserve any attention whatsoever. shame on you

FLDFSU
05-08-2013, 03:38 PM

As would Jamarcus Russell

Levity
05-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Alexey Shved, youre next!

Foster5k
05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
This.

Steven A. Smith is not a racist. Like he stated long ago, any time you talk about race topics you can get labeled a racist.

He gets paid to be entertaining. Sports is entertainment. Obviously, he was exaggerating a little bit for the laughs, etc.

The fact you made a topic about Steven A. Smith proves he has done his job.

In entertainment, not everyone is going to like you. The majority rules rather good or bad. That's life.

But, like I said, he is far from a racist. Guy would be friends with any race.

I know racist. I have talked to racist people and had to deal with them on a regular basis. Trust me when I say Steven A. Smith is nowhere near a racist human being.

Teanett
05-08-2013, 03:54 PM
knicks players (quite popular ones) stephen a smith is not to excited about:

jeremy lin
steve novak
pablo

hmm
:coleman:

Foster5k
05-08-2013, 03:56 PM

jeremy lin
steve novak
pablo

hmm
:oldlol:

You apparently never heard his rant about the old Knicks. YouTube it. What he said about Eddie Curry, Marbury, etc is way worse than anything he ever said about Lin.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-08-2013, 03:58 PM
He used to shit on Splitter last season.

Basically he doesn't like white people with unusual names. Not sure why he's friends with Skip Bayless.

Teanett
05-08-2013, 03:59 PM
:oldlol:

You apparently never heard his rant about the old Knicks. YouTube it. What he said about Eddie Curry, Marbury, etc is way worse than anything he ever said about Lin.

those guys sucked like shit.
linsanity, novak and pablo all have a part in the knicks' resurgence and make less money than marbury, COMBINED.

chips93
05-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Steven A Smith is not threadworthy. Hes in the same category as Skip Bayless and thus doesnt deserve any attention whatsoever. shame on you

You guys know that Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless are just trolling right? They're saying exactly what you need to hear in order to elicit a reaction from you. Don't be idiots and buy into their crap. :facepalm

these

theres no point getting bent outta shape over anything smith or bayless says, everything they say, is just to get either rational ppl like op angry, or to give stupid ppl somebody to speak for them.

niko
05-08-2013, 04:33 PM
I didn't get bent out of shape or angry or emotional. I made an observation which i shared with you because i think it's just patently ridiculous for him to go after a role player who his getting no acclaim (literally none) as overrated. People always says "don't get upset" - no one is upset. I just thought i'd share.

Shepseskaf
05-08-2013, 04:59 PM
he's doing a sitcom character on sports news program. the militant black man. sometimes he does it to the point of self caricaturization.
Basically. He's George Jefferson put in a time machine and dropped on a sports talk show.

Don't be fooled by SAS' act. In private, I'd be willing to bet that he is more than 'buddy-buddy' with the powerful white males who sign his paychecks. I'd also say that his private views on social matters are probably more conservative than progressive.

The militancy is all an act to get more attention. Obviously, it works.

chips93
05-08-2013, 05:01 PM
bent out of shape was a bad way to put it

regardless, the opinions of stephen a, or bayless, or any other obvious troll, arent really thread worthy, imo.

Xsatyr
05-08-2013, 06:02 PM
He has never heard of Chandler Parsons...

http://youtu.be/z_ghOeVsYuI?t=1m48s

You can't take him seriously like other posters said.

Nero Tulip
05-08-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm the kind of retard who watches Stephen A

I'm not surprised.

TheBigVeto
05-08-2013, 09:27 PM
You just realized that? Where have you been.
Dude has always been racist.

Goldrush25
05-08-2013, 09:50 PM
How does that make him racist? Did SAS correlate the man's race to his opinion of him as a player?

The word "racist" gets overused nowadays. SAS went in on Kwame Brown more than any other player and that guy is black as black can be.

truhooper
05-08-2013, 09:56 PM

jeremy lin
steve novak
pablo

hmm

all 3 are garbage so what's the problem :biggums:

Ken_Force_One
05-08-2013, 10:00 PM
I love the way Stephen talks about all those players mentioned.

Get the EUROTRASH sh1t out of this league. its called the "National" Basketball Association last time I checked. Not International.

TheBigVeto
05-08-2013, 10:32 PM
all 3 are garbage so what's the problem :biggums:

Calm down SAS, no need to carry your racist views here.

Euroleague
05-08-2013, 10:58 PM
You just NOW figured out that Stephen A.sshole Smith is racist? REALLY?

What the hell? This guy is one of the most blatantly racist guys around.

Euroleague
05-08-2013, 11:01 PM
This.

Steven A. Smith is not a racist. Like he stated long ago, any time you talk about race topics you can get labeled a racist.

He gets paid to be entertaining. Sports is entertainment. Obviously, he was exaggerating a little bit for the laughs, etc.

The fact you made a topic about Steven A. Smith proves he has done his job.

In entertainment, not everyone is going to like you. The majority rules rather good or bad. That's life.

But, like I said, he is far from a racist. Guy would be friends with any race.

I know racist. I have talked to racist people and had to deal with them on a regular basis. Trust me when I say Steven A. Smith is nowhere near a racist human being.

He's racist as ****. He used to talk about Nesterovic to a level that was so absurd, that if he is not racist, the only other possible explanation could be that Rasho ****ed his wife, mom, daughter, sister, etc. and made him watch it.

If not, then yeah, dude is racist as hell.

Euroleague
05-08-2013, 11:05 PM
I love the way Stephen talks about all those players mentioned.

Get the EUROTRASH sh1t out of this league. its called the "National" Basketball Association last time I checked. Not International.

And yet the NBA is OFFICIALLY an INTERNATIONAL league and NOT a "national" league.

Get a dictionary and look up the word international, and then grasp that Toronto has not yet been incorporated into the USA.

****ING IDIOT.

stallionaire
05-08-2013, 11:13 PM
melo is a superstar doe, bonafide, nasty, stupendous, and multiple other hyperbolic multi-syllable adjetives

:facepalm

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Silence
05-08-2013, 11:22 PM
From what I've noticed, Stephen A. Smith tends to suck up to stars and disrespect role players. He constantly praises established stars and stresses the interactions and relationships he has with them. On the other hand, he never seems to give credit to role players that can have a positive impact on their team. He scoffs at players like Jeremy Lin, Tiago Splitter, Ricky Rubio, and Pablo Prigioni.

Euroleague
05-08-2013, 11:25 PM
From what I've noticed, Stephen A. Smith tends to suck up to stars and disrespect role players. He constantly praises established stars and stresses the interactions and relationships he has with them. On the other hand, he never seems to give credit to role players that can have a positive impact on their team. He scoffs at players like Jeremy Lin, Tiago Splitter, Ricky Rubio, and Pablo Prigioni.

Maybe. But he was definitely implying racism when he talked about Rasho. Smith is being foolish though to call out Prigioni. None of those other guys are hardcore in the least.

But Prigioni, that dude is serious hardcore. Smith probably thinks he's just some old guy with the wife and kids, and whatever. But Prigioni is hardcore as hell.

Smith better stop calling that guy out.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-08-2013, 11:45 PM
What white players does Steven A openly love?

HarryCallahan
05-09-2013, 12:04 AM
What does it matter. Stephen A has never seen a game of BBall in his life.

Silence
05-09-2013, 12:12 AM

Hmm... Now that you mention it, I never actually payed attention to see if there was. He doesn't seem to have anything against Kevin Love here though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ZYvQm3Esk

stephanieg
05-09-2013, 01:11 AM
The only way white players can be useful is if they pass it to their superior black teammates (e.g. Nash, Stockton). Otherwise they're just gonna embarrass themselves.

Shepseskaf
05-09-2013, 01:18 AM
Are we questioning which black players Jon Barry loves?

This entire discussion makes very little sense. SAS has built his fame on ranting about one thing or the other, and he's done it on players of all ethnicities.

05-09-2013, 03:19 AM
Stephen A only likes black players who could be mistaken for powerful white men only with black athleticism.

That's why he praises LeBron, Kobe, D Wade but hates Kwame, Iverson, or Marbury because they either suck (Kwame) or make blacks look bad (Iverson and Marbury).

TheBigVeto
05-09-2013, 03:52 AM

None.
He's racist.

AngelEyes
05-09-2013, 04:09 AM
Smith stopped being a journalist a long time ago, he's an entertainer now. Part of that is creating a reaction amongst his viewing audience, making inflammatory comments will accomplish this.

wakencdukest
05-09-2013, 08:01 AM
Basically. He's George Jefferson put in a time machine and dropped on a sports talk show.

Don't be fooled by SAS' act. In private, I'd be willing to bet that he is more than 'buddy-buddy' with the powerful white males who sign his paychecks. I'd also say that his private views on social matters are probably more conservative than progressive.

The militancy is all an act to get more attention. Obviously, it works.

Oh yeah, you know damn well he kisses ass to the white guys who sign his checks. I guarantee all that fake militant crap goes right out the window when he's around the superiors. How can anyone with any basketball knowledge take SAS seriously? I've heard him speak a few times and its painfully obvious that he's full of shit.