PDA

View Full Version : Two reasons why the Spurs are not going to the WCF

sportsfan76
05-09-2013, 12:12 AM
1, The Warriors had a big lead in Game 1

2. The Warriors had a big lead in game 2

You don't build big leads two games in a row unless you are the better team and the warriors showed that tonight. The warriors had the mental toughness to come back and win Game 2 after what happened in game 1 and if that's not proof the spurs are done i don't know what is at this point

If a team has to constantly come back then something is WRONG

Good Night.

Kiddlovesnets
05-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Cant expect Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson to shoot the light out like they did in game 1 and game 2 all the time.
:rolleyes:

jzek
05-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Cant expect Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson to shoot the light out like they did in game 1 and game 2 all the time.

^

Spurs will still win the series.

RichieW
05-09-2013, 12:15 AM
They got a big lead from Thompson hitting 8/9 from 3. If he does that every game the Warriors are winning the Championship.

Simply put, he won't.

Bobcats2013
05-09-2013, 12:15 AM

Barnes, Jack, Bogut, Laundry will just have to fill that hole I guess.

Bladers
05-09-2013, 12:16 AM
people show their stupidity when they still say spurs in 5. its litterally idiotic.

its like, being up by 18 and 21 in both games means absolutely nothing.

didn't know people are that dumb.

WayOfWade
05-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Another 2 reasons:
1. Stephen Curry (44 & 11 is insane no matter how you look at it)
2. Klay Thompson (Holy crap! 29 points in the first half?!)

SacJB Shady
05-09-2013, 12:17 AM

Win or lose the series, the SPURS ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuffaloBill
05-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Spurs in 5

SacJB Shady
05-09-2013, 12:18 AM
people show their stupidity when they still say spurs in 5. its litterally idiotic.

its like, being up by 18 and 21 in both games means absolutely nothing.

didn't know people are that dumb.

people are that dumb. The Warriors are the better team with better future.

konex
05-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Steph and Klay?

SacJB Shady
05-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Spurs in 5

Troll

And that means something when it comes from me. :oldlol:

SacJB Shady
05-09-2013, 12:21 AM

You said that last game. Denver said that every game. Curry was cold today. Look, the Warriors are just the best shooters ever, that's all it is. It's not just being hot.

DMV2
05-09-2013, 12:22 AM
:rolleyes:They can shoot lights out all series long if they continue their great ball movement.

Spurs have nobody to guard both on them when they're on the floor at the same time. Game 1, Klay fouled out, Spurs defended Curry well enough for the comeback.

Goldrush25
05-09-2013, 12:24 AM
2 games is the beginning of a trend. GS should've won game 1.

They have two amazing shooters. When one is down, the other is up. When both are up you have your hands full.

I didn't know how this series would shape up. I just knew I wanted to watch it.

GS is playing like a team that expects to win. Spurs are in trouble.

Random_Guy
05-09-2013, 12:24 AM
As idiotic as shady is, he actually has a fair point. Yeah thompson wont go 8/9 every game, but curry wont be shooting like shit today either. Imagine if they have big games at the same time :rockon:

Random_Guy
05-09-2013, 12:26 AM
They can shoot lights out all series long if they continue their great ball movement.

Spurs have nobody to guard both on them when they're on the floor at the same time. Game 1, Klay fouled out, Spurs defended Curry well enough for the comeback.
Agree :cheers:
As another poster puts it, Steph's 3>>Taj Gibson's dunk, make that CJ Watson's dunk too:banana:

sportsfan76
05-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Ernie Johnson just agreed with me

Lebron23
05-09-2013, 12:47 AM
The Warriors are the younger and hungrier team.

cotdt
05-09-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm surprised, but GSW has outplayed Spurs both games thus far. In game 1, Spurs stole it but it was obvious the Warriors relaxed too much in the 4th quarter. Warriors are clearly the better team right now.

SoCalLakersFan1
05-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Another reason: "MVP Candidate" Parker is getting outplayed by Thompson, Curry, AND Duncan. The Spurs' best player is 37 years old. Parker rarely plays well in the playoffs.

Kingwillball
05-09-2013, 01:02 AM

Difference is at Home U will get more from Barnes, Bogut,Green,Jack ect.. GS getting AT LEAST one of the next two.

cotdt
05-09-2013, 01:06 AM
I expect Warriors to win the next 2 games on their home court and make it 3-1.

Shepseskaf
05-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Anybody agree that Pop is getting outcoached?

LakersForlife
05-09-2013, 04:05 AM
this trolls saying that spurs in 5 are bad. spurs cant shoot for shit. and bogut just shuts them down inside.the only spurs can score is through a fouls and flops. and the only way they can keep up is hack a bogut. ****in ugly ass basketball. Prigioni is laughing is ass off watching ginobili flop his way through the series

SyRyanYang
05-09-2013, 04:07 AM

They've been doing this for season. Best shooting backcourt of all time.
I would certainly expect one of them to go off again.

AngelEyes
05-09-2013, 04:14 AM
Anybody agree that Pop is getting outcoached?

It's not about coaching, it's about youth and talent. I think Pop may be the one advantage which may swing this series in the Spurs favor when it's all said and done.

AintNoSunshine
05-09-2013, 04:18 AM

If they shoot lights out in SA you can bet they'll do the same in GS. Spurs are lucky they won the first game

Shepseskaf
05-09-2013, 04:20 AM
It's not about coaching, it's about youth and talent. I think Pop may be the one advantage which may swing this series in the Spurs favor when it's all said and done.
When a supposedly inferior, lower-seeded team has had 15+ point leads late in two straight games, then part of the problem is coaching.

Pop is not causing enough pressure to be applied on the perimeter. Thus, easy ball movement for one of the best shooting teams in the league -- who should be up 2-0 on the #2 seed.

Part of the issue is that the Dubs are simply younger and hungrier, but Pop is definitely being outcoached by Jackson, imo.

All Net
05-09-2013, 04:25 AM
Warriors have certainly looked like the better team for sure.

Bandito
05-09-2013, 08:16 AM
people are that dumb. The Warriors are the better team with better future.
Who here say the wasn't?:facepalm:

rmt
05-09-2013, 09:06 AM

It definitely is about coaching. Starting that choker Bonner in the second half and giving him 16 minutes while Diaw who played so well in game 1 got 7 minutes. Instead of playing small ball with Duncan/Splitter and 4 smalls - play Diaw at PF. His feet are quick enough and he did a good job staying with Curry on the perimeter and they won't be giving up so many rebounds. Thompson with 14 rebounds is unacceptable and Landry killed them with rebounds in limited time.

Don't play small ball - Spurs aren't as good with it as they are. Their only advantage is with the bigs. David Lee getting injured was the worst thing that happened to the Spurs. With him, GS plays bigger, more traditional basketball (that Spurs match up better with) and allows for more Splitter/Diaw. He also means less touches for Curry and Thompson.

The game plan is all wrong. Whoever is defending Curry and Thompson needs to say attached to their hips - no helping off either of them. No doubling whoever tries to post up Parker - make them shoot over him - rather a contested 2 than a wide open 3. Foul more - if you get beat on penetration - foul - rack up those fouls and put them in the bonus early. Then hack-a-Bogut and get him off the court. Muddy it up, play eastern conference type defense and stop this free-flowing stuff. Spurs are not going to win that free-flowing, low-foul game they are currently playing. Of course, this all goes against Pop's philosophy.

He needs to play Leonard the entire game with blows during time outs. He needs to play Green more and Neal less - he's cold and gives up everything on the other side. They sure could use SJax about now - not only does he know GS well but he would give them some toughness and "nasty."

AT9
05-09-2013, 10:11 AM
They got a big lead from Thompson hitting 8/9 from 3. If he does that every game the Warriors are winning the Championship.

Simply put, he won't.

Exactly. Had he hit "only" 5 instead of 8 (still a great 3 point %), the game would have gone into OT again.

I still give GS the advantage, but to expect GS to be THAT good and the Spurs to be that bad is unrealistic.

STATUTORY
05-09-2013, 10:20 AM
spurs fans always b!tch about their team not getting respect in recent years. but the fact of the matter is the team never has the legs to compete in the playoffs now, they are a regular season team. series is over.

ninephive
05-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Spurs 5-1 in the playoffs and all the sudden they are done.

ninephive
05-09-2013, 10:31 AM
I remember Lakers fans saying the same stuff when they got hot and had a few good games at the end of the season. People honestly thought they matched up well with the Spurs and could win the series.

rmt
05-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Spurs are in trouble if Pop continues to play small ball - that's playing into GS's hands and they excel at small ball. If Pop continues to play 2 of his best players (Splitter and Diaw) only a total of 17 minutes, they will lose. Not much optimism here. They won game 1 by a miracle and now they go to GS where their role players will play better and Spurs' role players will play worse.

Fallen Angel
05-09-2013, 11:29 AM
I get where Spur fans are coming from. San Antonio has been playing good ball the entire season and they swept the Lakers. They also won game one of this series. So now the series is tied and just like that the Spurs are done?

They have a right to call out the "haters". It's not fair nor logical at all to rule out the Spurs after just one playoff loss. With that said, if I'm San Antonio I'd be extremely worried. Why? It's been 2 games and at no point in either game did I feel San Antonio was in control of the ball game. That's unheard of.

If you watch the games you can see the Spurs are a step slow in every play. I don't really know how to explain it. In 2011 when Memphis beat San Antonio, Memphis was always in control of the ball games. They were the ones controlling the flow/tempo of the game. Yes San Antonio did win game 5 but even then it took a lucky Ginobili 3 pointer and another Neal prayer to send the game to OT.

Memphis was in control of that ball game. In game 6 Tony Parker and Ginobili played like trash. They both kept missing easy shots in the paint, because in the back of their head they knew Memphis was the better team and they knew they were done.

They beat the Spurs mainly because of their big men but the role players fed off of that. The point I'm trying to make is even though GS is a 6th seed, if you watch the games you can just see GS is the better team. The way they execute, defend, the Spurs' inability to defend the perimeter, etc, etc.

Because of the Curry, Thompson, and Jack now you see the rest of the role players stepping up. Carl Landry made Splitter his bitch yesterday. I couldn't believe it when he grabbed that rebound over him for an And 1 (yes, I know the refs didn't count it but they should have). Landry even flexed after that. :oldlol: Every time San Antonio tried to go on a run GS always responded. The lead was 6 I think and Parker drove in, Bogut blocked him which led to a GS 3 pointer. The lead went back to 9. :facepalm

San Antonio was down by ~20 points in both games, AT HOME. :biggums: The Spurs are in trouble. Something needs to change. I don't know what but something needs to change.....I trust Popovich to make the right adjustments. At this point it doesn't really matter who's the better team. What matters is who plays like the better team. SAS might be better but they surely aren't playing like it, GS is.

Yes, the series is tied. Both teams have won a game each, but guess what? Mark Jackson is not the one thinking of adjustments, Popovich is.

There's a reason for that. Lets just leave it at that.

TheGreatDeraj
05-09-2013, 11:35 AM
I remember Lakers fans saying the same stuff when they got hot and had a few good games at the end of the season. People honestly thought they matched up well with the Spurs and could win the series.

yea that was before this guy named kobe bryant went down, perhaps you've heard of him? Then Nash, blake, meeks and world peace got hurt. the only guards the lakers had on the roster were morris and duhon who D'Antoni benched all year and Goudelock who wasn't even on the team all year he was signed from the d-league before the series started. That was probably a top 5 worst backcourt of all time

Lakers win the series if both teams are healthy. Spurs are over rated. Parker isn't good enough and duncan's too old to lead then to a title. Spurs rely too much on their offensive system to scoreand their defense isn't elite. in a 7 game series good teams will figure out and slow down pops offense

grantz
05-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Klay may be cold or hot, but he manhandles Parker on defense. There wasn't a single time I've seen Parker get away from Klay these past two games.

Maybe I'm delusional but I can see Klay become Durant-ish, with much better defense.

I originally called Spurs in 6, but watching the last two games I have GS in 6.

GS is clearly the better team.

cotdt
05-09-2013, 12:29 PM
A healthy Lakers would have beat the Spurs. We were missing half the roster.

KyleKong
05-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Troll

And that means something when it comes from me. :oldlol:

:milton

AT9
05-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Just read this stat on ESPN...

Warriors have been in the lead for 95 of the 106 minutes played so far. I knew it was bad, but that's insane.

Has a team that's lead the game in that great of a percentage over the first two games ever lost a series?

Mrofir
05-09-2013, 02:20 PM
This series is either going to 5 games or 7 games

There is no way it's going to 6 games, or 8

Either the Spurs or the Warriors will win

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-09-2013, 02:35 PM
This series is either going to 5 games or 7 games

There is no way it's going to 6 games, or 8

Either the Spurs or the Warriors will win

You're really going out on a limb there. :oldlol:

veilside23
05-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Warriors might win the series but they will lose to memphis ... Yeah baby memphis vs miami :rockon:

SCdac
05-11-2013, 01:13 AM
How much of the lead did GSW have in this game?

Spurs up 2-1

ak47buffalo
05-11-2013, 01:49 AM
I think the Warriors are a mirage. They are mostly a jump shooting team that was just lights out the first two games but that simply is not sustainable over a 7 game series. I think the Spurs will win this in 6 unless Curry's ankle is gimpy again, then Spurs in 5. The Spurs are just a much more versatile team.

Shepseskaf
05-11-2013, 02:14 AM
I think the Warriors are a mirage. They are mostly a jump shooting team that was just lights out the first two games but that simply is not sustainable over a 7 game series. I think the Spurs will win this in 6 unless Curry's ankle is gimpy again, then Spurs in 5. The Spurs are just a much more versatile team.
:facepalm

This is as much of a one-game knee jerk reaction as the posters who said SA was through. The Dubs are far from a "mirage"; that's just stupid to say.

I think GS had a "we got this" type of attitude, while SA was more desperate. Game 4 will show which way this series will go.