PDA

View Full Version : The SA spurs are done

LakersForlife
05-09-2013, 02:56 AM
steph and thompson will continue to dominate and bogut being bogut

305Baller
05-09-2013, 03:06 AM
I like GSW, they remind me of Miami in 04.
But I wouldnt count the Spurs out of this by any means.

maybeshewill13
05-09-2013, 03:07 AM
I hope they're done. I put some money on the Warriors to win the series when they were at 8:1.

andremiller07
05-09-2013, 03:18 AM
It's just crazy to see how effortlessly the Warriors chop up and whenever teams play against them so far in the playoffs they seem to struggle to score with the same freedom.

Sharmer
05-09-2013, 03:20 AM
Bogut has to stay healthy though, this isnt a given.

LakersForlife
05-09-2013, 03:21 AM
they are pretty entertaining also. GSW is my 3rd team rooting for the playoffs behind LAL and MEM and its a pleasure watching them scoring vs the spurs with no effort.

madmax
05-09-2013, 03:23 AM
Warriors are a true revelation of this season:applause:
Too bad them eliminating Spurs would probably mean a free highway to the finals for Grizzlies:lol And I'm not sure Miami is very keen at taking on fresh Memphis team...

AintNoSunshine
05-09-2013, 03:25 AM
they have got to be very concerned, against a team that twice created a huge lead at their home court, now going back to oakland.

splitting gm 3 and 4 isn't impossible by any stretch tho

Sharmer
05-09-2013, 03:27 AM
Spurs are good but cant get over the hump, they need more inside presence, without duncan, they have littlle.

SacJB Shady
05-09-2013, 03:31 AM
Nothing is guaranteed in life. There is such a thing as miracles. An example is in game 1 the last 4 minutes. You can argue that it wasn't a miracle, that it was the Warriors. But even Manu confessed that it was a 1 out of 1000 that they pulled off.. So you never ever know what's going to happen. The Warriors need to stay healthy, they need to close. The Spurs are like an old dog that won't fall over, so the Warriors have to understand that.

having said that the Warriors are the better team. The Spurs are the seasoned team and the more experienced team, but let's face it: Golden State is on the rise, they do so many more things better than the Spurs. The Spurs though do the little things better, just that the Warriors have more talent.

I respect the Spurs immensely. They are humble, they are very respectful, and they are solid professional athletes.

This series is not over, though I wouldn't bet my house that the Spurs could pull this off. The scary thought is that this may in fact be the last run that Duncan and Kobe will ever have. Things change. People don't seem to grasp the idea that father time is very powerful. You don't just hit 35 years old or 37 years old and turn it on and win like when you were 5 to 10 years younger. You don't just get in shape, take a pill, and become a 25 year old again. It just doesn't happen. It could happen for the Spurs, but the odds are very much against them to go far in the post season. The Warriors have a better chance. But like I said even sports is kind of like Poker.

You never know what can transpire. 1 bad call, 1 lucky bounce, you just never know. All you can do is predict based on probability. Logic suggests that the Warriors won't play the Heat in the finals, but my heart tells me something very fortuitous is in store for them. I have watched my beloved Giants team go from underdogs to winning 2 world series out of 3 years. The thing is, sometimes when your gut tells you something, you have to run with it. I was the only person that predicted the warriors would show the world that they are the better team than the Nuggets. And I'll never forget this season.

Lakers Legend#32
05-09-2013, 03:36 AM
Warriors will get revenge for the Lakers agaisnt the Spurs.

LakersForlife
05-09-2013, 03:50 AM
Warriors will get revenge for the Lakers agaisnt the Spurs.
knowing their roots

livingby3's
05-09-2013, 03:52 AM
Nothing is guaranteed in life. There is such a thing as miracles. An example is in game 1 the last 4 minutes. You can argue that it wasn't a miracle, that it was the Warriors. But even Manu confessed that it was a 1 out of 1000 that they pulled off.. So you never ever know what's going to happen. The Warriors need to stay healthy, they need to close. The Spurs are like an old dog that won't fall over, so the Warriors have to understand that.

having said that the Warriors are the better team. The Spurs are the seasoned team and the more experienced team, but let's face it: Golden State is on the rise, they do so many more things better than the Spurs. The Spurs though do the little things better, just that the Warriors have more talent.

I respect the Spurs immensely. They are humble, they are very respectful, and they are solid professional athletes.

This series is not over, though I wouldn't bet my house that the Spurs could pull this off. The scary thought is that this may in fact be the last run that Duncan and Kobe will ever have. Things change. People don't seem to grasp the idea that father time is very powerful. You don't just hit 35 years old or 37 years old and turn it on and win like when you were 5 to 10 years younger. You don't just get in shape, take a pill, and become a 25 year old again. It just doesn't happen. It could happen for the Spurs, but the odds are very much against them to go far in the post season. The Warriors have a better chance. But like I said even sports is kind of like Poker.

You never know what can transpire. 1 bad call, 1 lucky bounce, you just never know. All you can do is predict based on probability. Logic suggests that the Warriors won't play the Heat in the finals, but my heart tells me something very fortuitous is in store for them. I have watched my beloved Giants team go from underdogs to winning 2 world series out of 3 years. The thing is, sometimes when your gut tells you something, you have to run with it. I was the only person that predicted the warriors would show the world that they are the better team than the Nuggets. And I'll never forget this season.

that's some long ass text which i don't think people are bothered reading as soon as they saw it's from u

The JKidd Kid
05-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Nah the spurs still havnt played a good game Offensively, while the Warriors have been shooting lights out. If the spurs had hit even 30% of their 3s last night they wouldve won. Never count them out.

Haymaker
05-09-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm loving this. Keep counting the Spurs out. :applause:

Bandito
05-09-2013, 08:22 AM
There were Heat fans in 04?

http://i.imgur.com/UmpOi.gif

AT9
05-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Nah the spurs still havnt played a good game Offensively, while the Warriors have been shooting lights out. If the spurs had hit even 30% of their 3s last night they wouldve won. Never count them out.

This is the only fact that gives me any hope going forward.

veilside23
05-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Gstate just happen to have a team that has what it takes to beat everyone ...

DirkNowitzki41
05-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Imagine Grizzlies in the finals. Wow. I wanna see it though.

nosfan773
05-09-2013, 02:50 PM
I just realized Curry and Thompson are shooting a higher 3pt % than FG :eek: Here are the combined stats through 2 games ...

3pt
16/33 - 48.5%

FG
46/96 - 47.9%

I've been watching the NBA for 20 years and have never seen anything like this.

talkingconch
05-09-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm loving this. Keep counting the Spurs out. :applause:
They've been counting them out the past two seasons and they always deliver :applause:

DaSeba5
05-09-2013, 03:25 PM

This.

Yah the Warriors definitely remind me of the 04 Heat

305Baller
05-09-2013, 03:29 PM
There were Heat fans in 04?

http://i.imgur.com/UmpOi.gif

Yeah, AND I was on insidehoops

:banana:

westsideozzie
05-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Really aside from Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, and Leonard, the Spurs are a collection of scubs. How they win 50 games every year is a testament to Pop. They need a quick defensive minded point guard because they have no one to stay in front of either Thompson or Curry.

jstern
05-09-2013, 03:40 PM
that's some long ass text which i don't think people are bothered reading as soon as they saw it's from u

This, factoring in that he was gong on about religion the other day. Talking about miracles about the beginning, didn't want to know where it was going.

SacJB Shady
05-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Really aside from Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, and Leonard, the Spurs are a collection of scubs. How they win 50 games every year is a testament to Pop. They need a quick defensive minded point guard because they have no one to stay in front of either Thompson or Curry.

It's funny to read this. I used to think Tony parker was the quickest person on the planet. Though he's still crafty and can move do his stop and pop's, he doesn't look quite as fast as he used to be.

Big#50
05-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Frenchie is being abused. Whoever he guards just turns into Jordan.

He also got no calls. He is being hacked almost every time.
I'm willing to bet the OP Spurs still win. Warriors win and I never post here again.
Spurs win he has to stfu for ever.

PP34Deuce
05-09-2013, 07:34 PM

I would say this but, Klay and Curry arent really streaky shooters. They are pure jump shooters who can do a lil of everything.

They play defense and I just think they beat SA in 6.

bdreason
05-09-2013, 07:35 PM
We've heard this before. Spurs are never done.

Rooster
05-09-2013, 07:43 PM
We've heard this before. Spurs are never done.

Not until Tim Duncan retires. People here are just looking at the glass half empty. I think they just need to put a better clamp on perimeter defensively. If they can steal one at the Bay area, momentum can easily be reverse. If they played their best, I would certainly buy it.

05-09-2013, 07:46 PM
It's tiresome to watch the Spurs. Why don't they just implode already and be forced to the bottom of the standings ?

Let's see them rebuild and start over.

SCdac
05-11-2013, 01:11 AM
Spurs aint done yet.

305Baller
05-11-2013, 01:12 AM
Duncan 23 points, clutch fade in the paint.

unbreakable
05-11-2013, 01:16 AM
*** the OP

LONGTIME
05-11-2013, 01:16 AM
Been done for years.

All Net
05-11-2013, 01:17 AM
This is why it is called a 7 game series

cotdt
05-11-2013, 01:18 AM
Spurs WOULD have been done if the Lakers had been healthy.

BuffaloBill
05-11-2013, 01:26 AM

would have, if

Wonder Bread Kid
05-11-2013, 01:28 AM

The Lakers couldn't even get a preseason win with a healthy team.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Haymaker
05-11-2013, 06:10 AM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1600349/parkerdefiesgravity.gif

:pimp:

Artillery
05-11-2013, 06:20 AM

Lakers never deserved to be in the playoffs in the first pace. They needed multiple 40+ FTA games from the officials just to finish above the Jazz. They were garbage all year and the injury excuse is beyond pathetic when you factor in that the Spurs had just as much injuries as LA all year and STILL finished 2nd in the West. LA didn't even deserve to make the post-season :oldlol:

Artillery
05-11-2013, 06:22 AM
The Lakers couldn't even get a preseason win with a healthy team.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:cry: But...but...we woulda made the Finals if we were heathy :cry:

Nero Tulip
05-11-2013, 06:28 AM

The Lakers WOULD NOT have made it to the playoffs if it weren't for the refs.

Nero Tulip
05-11-2013, 06:29 AM

:roll: ****ing moron

unbreakable
05-17-2013, 03:44 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_EBHBBZ7X7yY/TVBMTTyaDoI/AAAAAAAAAOQ/axGSz-e6Mmw/s1600/laughing+spurs.jpg

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2013, 04:13 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Big#50
05-17-2013, 04:22 AM
Spurs suck.

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2013, 04:24 AM
Spurs suck.

if the 2013 nba champ sucks then every team sucks even worse.
:biggums:

Big#50
05-17-2013, 04:32 AM
if the 2013 nba champ sucks then every team sucks even worse.
:biggums:
I hope The Spurs win. Even if they get to the finals I would be a happy NBA fan. The HEAT have Lebron though. I don't think POP is a good enough coach to use the proper units to play the Heat. I see him playing Neal and Bonner a lot.

SpurrDurr
05-17-2013, 05:31 AM
People will always overlook SAS, i've heard countless times "Spurs are only good during reg season".
2 WCFs in a row, suck it haters.:pimp:

AussieG
05-17-2013, 05:43 AM
The Spurs haven't been tested so far.

With Memphis, they will be tested. Memphis plays D and fights to the death. Even if they win, it will have been a battle.

Magic 32
05-17-2013, 06:44 AM
People will always overlook SAS, i've heard countless times "Spurs are only good during reg season".

Last NBA finals..........2007.

SacJB Shady
05-17-2013, 06:46 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

can't wait to laugh when you guys go down.

Artillery
05-17-2013, 06:47 AM
Last NBA finals..........2007.

Last NBA Finals for Memphis.............never
Last NBA Finals for Knicks.............1999
Last NBA Finals for Pacers..........2000

SacJB Shady
05-17-2013, 06:47 AM

no you didn't win 2 wcf in a row

SacJB Shady
05-17-2013, 06:48 AM
Last NBA Finals for Memphis.............never
Last NBA Finals for Knicks.............1999
Last NBA Finals for Pacers..........2000

you won't win the finals though, i'm talking now

COnDEMnED
05-17-2013, 06:53 AM
You rooting for the Heat now......:lebronamazed: :lebroncry:

Chizdog
05-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Heat da bess Spurs da bess
They will both win the NBA championship. suck it haters.

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2013, 07:31 AM
why are u on heat's bandwagon now? If i were u I'd be careful about this, since theres another Shady already on heat bandwagon.
:lol

SpurrDurr
05-17-2013, 08:02 AM
no you didn't win 2 wcf in a row

I meant reached the conference finals 2 times in a row, you butthurt troll

Bandito
05-17-2013, 10:30 AM
why are u on heat's bandwagon now? If i were u I'd be careful about this, since theres another Shady already on heat bandwagon.
I thought he was the other shady:lol

Gotterdammerung
05-17-2013, 12:47 PM
May I have your attention please?
Will the real Shady please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Shady please stand up?
We're gonna have a problem here..

:oldlol:

dh144498
05-17-2013, 01:14 PM

:applause:

shady6121
05-17-2013, 01:23 PM