PDA

View Full Version : What would have Kobe's FG% in playoffs been...

LEFT4DEAD
05-11-2013, 08:32 AM
if he played on the tough East throughout his career.
Year after year after year its more and more obvious where real D is played. Lets say that instead of Suns, Hornets, Jazz' weak ass D he had to go through Bulls, Pistons who humiliated him in 2004, Hawks, Celtics, Pacers and so on.
You can say whatever you want. You can say how is it tough to get a playoff spot on the West and stuff like that, but its very clear to me that the only place where D is being played is the East.
So my guess is no more than 38%FG.

9erempiree
05-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Wouldn't of matter. If anything his percentage would have went up. East teams are weak and it would have benefit Kobe playing in the East because of the less travel.

LEFT4DEAD
05-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Wouldn't of matter. If anything his percentage would have went up. East teams are weak and it would have benefit Kobe playing in the East because of the less travel.
And thats why whenever he played against East teams in the finals his FG% was no higher than 40% or smt like that? Hmmmm, 'k.

Doctor Rivers
05-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Year after year after year its more and more obvious where real D is played. Lets say that instead of Suns, Hornets, Jazz' weak ass D he had to go through Bulls, Pistons who humiliated him in 2004, Hawks, Celtics, Pacers and so on.
You can say whatever you want. You can say how is it tough to get a playoff spot on the West and stuff like that, but its very clear to me that the only place where D is being played is the East.

I didn't know Kobe is on your mind all the time

Rose'sACL
05-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Wouldn't have**.
I know it is hard to understand for a kobe-stan but good D means lower FG% and low scoring.
East teams are bad because of lack of offense like chicago and sometimes pacers. 7 out of top 10 defensive teams are from east.

9erempiree
05-11-2013, 08:40 AM
And thats why whenever he played against East teams in the finals his FG% was no higher than 40% or smt like that? Hmmmm, 'k.

Those East teams he played against were regarded as one of the greatest defensive teams in history. Those east Finals team are not an indicator of the conference. The bottom half were quite garbage.

LEFT4DEAD
05-11-2013, 08:41 AM
I didn't know Kobe is on your mind all the time
This is not a hate thread. Its a simple question.

9erempiree
05-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Wouldn't have**.
I know it is hard to understand for a kobe-stan but good D means lower FG% and low scoring.
East teams are bad because of lack of offense like chicago and sometimes pacers. 7 out of top 10 defensive teams are from east.

No.

Kobe has been shatting on East coast teams for years.

17 years....that's a big sample size.

Rose'sACL
05-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Those East teams he played against were regarded as one of the greatest defensive teams in history. Those east Finals team are not an indicator of the conference. The bottom half were quite garbage.
7 out of bottom 10 defensive teams are from west. try again.
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/team-comparison-per-game/sort/avgPointsOpponent/seasontype/2
Must be hard for you to do everyday tasks like counting.

Rose'sACL
05-11-2013, 08:44 AM
No.

Kobe has been shatting on East coast teams for years.

17 years....that's a big sample size.
He is not saying whether kobe would win or not, he is simply stating that his fg% and scoring will be lower which seems like a good assumption.

9erempiree
05-11-2013, 08:46 AM
7 out of bottom 10 defensive teams are from west. try again.
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/team-comparison-per-game/sort/avgPointsOpponent/seasontype/2
Must be hard for you to do everyday tasks like counting.

So you are questioning Kobe's FG% based on this year's playoff teams from the East? When the man has shatted on a lot of teams from the east through his 17 year career.

Heck, Kobe didn't even play in the playoffs this year because of the tendon. Who knows...he always owned the Spurs. Could have shot 47% and this thread never exists.

AintNoSunshine
05-11-2013, 08:46 AM
35ish? He'll still keep chucking that's for sure

9erempiree
05-11-2013, 08:47 AM
He is not saying whether kobe would win or not, he is simply stating that his fg% and scoring will be lower which seems like a good assumption.

Assumption?

He didn't even play in the playoffs this year. What are you comparing his percentages to?

I'm going to assume he does very well if he played in the east.

LEFT4DEAD
05-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Bottom half were always garbage because of lack of offense on those teams. Lets take last three seasons as an example.

2010/11 - 11 out of the top 16 teams that allowed the least points to opponents are from east.

2011/12 - 10 of top 13 teams in allowed points to opponents are from east.

2012/2013 - 9 of top 14 from the east.

:confusedshrug:

Rose'sACL
05-11-2013, 08:49 AM
So you are questioning Kobe's FG% based on this year's playoff teams from the East? When the man has shatted on a lot of teams from the east through his 17 year career.

Heck, Kobe didn't even play in the playoffs this year because of the tendon. Who knows...he always owned the Spurs. Could have shot 47% and this thread never exists.
talking of "who knows?", who knows how many rings Lebron would have won if he played for lakers from day 1. May be 6 already with a great front office. See, i can do the "who knows" thing too.
I gave you facts and records for the season and you start with "who knows".

LEFT4DEAD
05-11-2013, 08:53 AM

He already had some great series against some Suns' teams, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz and so on. But ask yourself, would he have been able to do it against Celtics or Bulls or Pistons year after year, and is there any superstar who would not average Kobe's numbers against those weak D' teams?
I cant imagine what would have been Wade's and Lebron's averages if they played on the West through their careers.

Vienceslav
05-11-2013, 09:23 AM
about 3.50

leMVP
05-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Melo-like percentages.

Bandito
05-11-2013, 09:41 AM
In the weak east of the 00? It would probably be like 60% FG. The east has been dominated by the tough west team since MJ's time. Common sense, it's a miracle Kobe being a shooter was able to average more than 45% along with Ray Allen:bowdown:

Bandito
05-11-2013, 09:42 AM
He already had some great series against some Suns' teams, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz and so on. But ask yourself, would he have been able to do it against Celtics or Bulls or Pistons year after year, and is there any superstar who would not average Kobe's numbers against those weak D' teams?
I cant imagine what would have been Wade's and Lebron's averages if they played on the West through their careers.
Wade and Lebron would probably be Melo's numbers at best specially Lebron when he started because he couldn't shoot for sh1t.

Bandito
05-11-2013, 09:56 AM
talking of "who knows?", who knows how many rings Lebron would have won if he played for lakers from day 1. May be 6 already with a great front office. See, i can do the "who knows" thing too.
I gave you facts and records for the season and you start with "who knows".
If Lebron joined the Lakers since the day one, they wouldn't have Gasol, that's for sure so I see them winning one probably 08-10 and maybe (if they still have Bynum) in 12 and 13 if the injury doesn't happen because Kobe was banged up in 11 so there was no way they would've win in 2011 without amazing Kobe (as much as you would like to imagine Lebron can't do it by himself). Of course this all depends of who they would be able to sign to defend the post because if they didn't have Gasol they would be able to sign people to defend down low so Kobe and Lebron could do whatever they wanted in the perimeter.

And with Kobe pushing his numbers there is no way Lebron would had the epic choke he did in 11. Heck he would probably be better than he is now with Mamba teaching him stuff.

So 08-10 would be:
Fisher
Kobe
Lebron
Odom(If they sign someone he could come from the bench)
Whoever they would sign to play in the post (Bynum injury still happens)

Fisher
Crappy Kobe
Lebron
Odom(same as in 08-10)
Bynum

2012 (woulda had more of a chance against the Mavs but I think they still lose because Dirk was amazing in that series)
Sessions
chucking Kobe (he wouldn't chuck as much with Lebron helping him I think)
Lebron
Whoever they sign here
Best version of Bynum

2013 (they trade for Dwight but not for Nash because I don't see the point)
Blake (or Fisher who knows)
rejuvenated Kobe
Lebron
Clark
"Crappy" Dwight

Tell me those teams are not championship material...

clutchinho
05-11-2013, 10:33 AM
45%

but Kobe would have made the Finals in the East with that Kwame Brown and Luke Walton team, every single year

funnystuff
05-11-2013, 11:30 AM
You're right, West plays mediocre defense compared to the East.

Saying the West is stronger, is a fake fan only noticing offense.

LEFT4DEAD
05-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Im sorry Bandito, but you are on my ignore list. Im not able to see your shitty posts.

45%

but Kobe would have made the Finals in the East with that Kwame Brown and Luke Walton team, every single year
Worst draft of all time on ISH - APRIL 2013 :facepalm

Kblaze8855
05-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Who knows? He does shoot worse vs the east though. He shoots 44% vs the central division for his career, .436 vs the southeast(only 83 games...young division), but .458 vs the Atlantic.

24.7 on .446 vs the east for his career(452 games) and 26 a game on .458 vs the West(700+).

chazzy
05-11-2013, 11:49 AM
38%? Really

Trollsmasher
05-11-2013, 11:51 AM
43%

still in the same range of mediocrity:durantunimpressed:

retaxis
05-11-2013, 12:11 PM
If Kobe didn't Have Shaq/Gasol/Odom/Bynum/Pau etc drawing 2+ defenders to them allowing Kobe to shoot half open/half defended shots most of the time...E.g. Drafted career in milwaukee/washington/cleveland he would end up having to actually play in the system because no one would allow him to go 1 on 1 because they would end up getting blown out every night plus Kobe would get a beat down by his team mates after the game.

Deuce Bigalow
05-11-2013, 01:03 PM
:roll: :roll: :oldlol:

Deuce Bigalow
05-11-2013, 01:05 PM
If Kobe didn't Have Shaq/Gasol/Odom/Bynum/Pau etc drawing 2+ defenders to them allowing Kobe to shoot half open/half defended shots most of the time...E.g. Drafted career in milwaukee/washington/cleveland he would end up having to actually play in the system because no one would allow him to go 1 on 1 because they would end up getting blown out every night plus Kobe would get a beat down by his team mates after the game.
:roll:

tazb
05-11-2013, 01:25 PM
30-40% range.

The Real JW
05-11-2013, 01:33 PM
In the weaker Eastern conference? I don't know. 47-52%? Who can really say.

bukowski81
05-11-2013, 02:17 PM
The Drating of the east teams is higher because most of their games are played against the weak ass east teams

gengiskhan
05-11-2013, 02:24 PM

Kobe is a 42-43%FG shooter in all realism.

Even his 45%FG is INFLATED cuz of Shaq double team first 7 yrs & West Conf offense only & playing 4 more times @ HOME compare to every other superstars (all LAL "home" games are LAL "AWAY" games too @ staples center )

Kobe in East conf is 6'0" Iverson like 42%FG for career! especially in his younger years.

Mr Feeny
09-04-2016, 09:53 AM

A lot lower than his already pathetic 44.7%fg.

34-24 Footwork
09-04-2016, 10:03 AM

:lol :lol

Mods??

Screamin A Smit
09-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Kobes fg% is actually worse against eastern teams career wise :lol

riseagainst
09-06-2016, 01:56 PM
40% or less.