PDA

View Full Version : This board refuses to respect Carmelo Anthony

Amar'e_Juwanna
05-14-2013, 02:10 AM
They use stats, playoff records, and rhetoric to define melo as a player who is incapable of winning a chip (or at least leading a team to a championship). One thing is for sure: he is not Kevin Durant.

Carmelo is a scorer who needs to play within a system to be as effective as he can be, and who has trouble doing so (at least with the current Knicks team) because nobody else seems to be able to take the lead. Look at Durant without Westbrook: he can't do it by himself. Even people who say Melo is the lesser scorer have to respect what he has done for this year's Knicks without a legitimate #2. (Btw, JR was definitely legit post All-Star break, but he is still mercurial: thus the post-season woes and general Knicks fan anguish).

Hello, NBA scoring title?

An interesting question is whether or not any player wants to win that particular title. Expending so much energy during the regular season, which by many ISH accounts matters for naught, seems to contribute greatly towards the amount that one can achieve in the post-season. Basketball is a game of runs, BOTH IN THE PERSONAL AND COLLECTIVE SENSE. Carmelo's fault is apparently that he does not seem to recognize the collective situation in which he is most effective. However, the observer has to recognize how little his team has done for him so far this post-season.

I'm not expecting to initiate any change in terms of the views of the larger ISH community. But I think that any real basketball fan who has paid any attention to Carmelo's 2012-2013 season recognizes the steps he has made towards being a more TEAM- and WIN-oriented player. This man does not play for stats, and he truly cares about winning. Countless hockey assist plays will testify to that. Denying this fact is merely an admission of a blindered opinion.

Whether he has the guts to lead the Knicks past the Pacers is an entirely different story. Being a Knicks fan, I have no choice but to support him and the rest of my team as they attempt to even the series tomorrow.

unbreakable
05-14-2013, 02:12 AM
hes chucking too much and not a playmaker like durant/lebron/kobe.. you cant dispute that.

melos good but the way hes playing he aint a superstar like those 3 so stop putting him on that level.

willds09
05-14-2013, 02:13 AM
Its mainly cuz he's on tha new york knicks, thats why.

MetsPackers
05-14-2013, 02:14 AM
Is his legacy even really all that great anyway? :confusedshrug:

If he never wins a championship he'll never really be in that top-tier all-time. Like can't be top 30 or 40. Almost everybody in that range has a ring, and if you don't you were really fvcking good like Barkley or Iverson or Malone. Guys who got their team to the finals. Melo has really done too much in the playoffs. Like he's got scoring title(s) but so does Adrian Dantley I think and nobody talks about him like they do the legends. Melo's got a lot of work to do still if he wants to have a noteworthy legacy

dbk123
05-14-2013, 02:14 AM
Who?

Amar'e_Juwanna
05-14-2013, 02:17 AM
Is his legacy even really all that great anyway? :confusedshrug:

If he never wins a championship he'll never really be in that top-tier all-time. Like can't be top 30 or 40. Almost everybody in that range has a ring, and if you don't you were really fvcking good like Barkley or Iverson or Malone. Guys who got their team to the finals. Melo has really done too much in the playoffs. Like he's got scoring title(s) but so does Adrian Dantley I think and nobody talks about him like they do the legends. Melo's got a lot of work to do still if he wants to have a noteworthy legacy

Why are you guys concerned with Carmelo Anthony's legacy as a player!?? Are you a fan of the player, or a fan of the TEAM!?

He is the most talented player on a team. A talented team. Of course basketball is the sport where the individual talent shines the most but STILL: no player can win a championship by himself. End of story.

WayOfWade
05-14-2013, 02:18 AM
MarshMelo hasn't earned my respect. He's only ever gotten out of the first round once before this year, he Melodrama'd his way out of Denver, and is yet to accomplish anything truly worth noting in his New York days other than a scoring title. I need more out of him for him to earn my respect. Beating the Heat would definitely do that.

Trollsmasher
05-14-2013, 02:19 AM
21% on layups

Needless to say more

NumberSix
05-14-2013, 02:21 AM
Carmelo has a legacy?

Amar'e_Juwanna
05-14-2013, 02:24 AM
ok, so nobody is going to respond to the OP.

Amar'e_Juwanna
05-14-2013, 02:24 AM
Carmelo has a legacy?

yep. its giving a fcuk and not flopping.

(to myself) i should really ignore/block this dude. i should really learn how to ignore/block someone on this board...

ThaRegul8r
05-14-2013, 02:25 AM
Lots of players aren't respected by posters on internet basketball message boards, so I find it kind of funny when some people whine about their favorite player not being respected. Especially seeing how more often than not, said poster has disrespected some other player. I find the selectivity odd.

tazb
05-14-2013, 02:26 AM
Melo & Dwight will never win a ring. Smiling little bitches. Maybe CP3 might not either but at least he has heart.

ripthekik
05-14-2013, 02:29 AM
all he has to do is go the lebron path. Go join another top player and another all star. He'll get a ring in no time. People will view him as an all-time great too.

Amar'e_Juwanna
05-14-2013, 02:31 AM
Lots of players aren't respected by posters on internet basketball message boards, so I find it kind of funny when some people whine about their favorite player not being respected. Especially seeing how more often than not, said poster has disrespected some other player. I find the selectivity odd.

please point me out to my disrespect towards another player? you'll find that since I registered, I have only posted supportive posts of the
Knicks, perhaps semi-insulting trollposts in obvious sarcastic tones towards fans of opposing teams, and posts that attempt to point out the incredible bias on this website in hopes to inspire discussion about basketball. I never played organized ball, and I want to hear what other people have to say. I want to learn, to be able to articulate why my team is losing or winning.

The 2nd section of posts, the trolling kind, are of a vast minority. I don't post very often. (I miss open layups)

Amar'e_Juwanna
05-14-2013, 02:33 AM
Melo & Dwight will never win a ring. Smiling little bitches. Maybe CP3 might not either but at least he has heart.

can't believe im responding to such a lebron ducksicker, but yeah, melo smiling is annoying. i know its his way of dealing with pressure (like a tennis player that HAS to remain optimistic), but id rather see him grimace.

The-Legend-24
05-14-2013, 02:34 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
05-14-2013, 02:37 AM
I respect him as the latest in a long line of high scoring small forwards. You want to put him up there with the greats of the game than I have a problem with that.

tazb
05-14-2013, 02:37 AM
all he has to do is go the lebron path. Go join another top player and another all star. He'll get a ring in no time. People will view him as an all-time great too.

Lmao are you retarded? He tried that, and failed.

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/02/25/pagesix/photos_stories/melo_amare_billups--300x300.jpg

willds09
05-14-2013, 02:39 AM
Lmao are you retarded? He tried that, and failed.

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/02/25/pagesix/photos_stories/melo_amare_billups--300x300.jpg
stoudamire and billups are not wade and bosh.

Amar'e_Juwanna
05-14-2013, 02:40 AM
I respect him as the latest in a long line of high scoring small forwards. You want to put him up there with the greats of the game than I have a problem with that.
Again, does anyone actually have the patience to read and respond to the original post? I'm not demanding that anyone put him with Lebron/Durant, nor any other great. But he is one of the best scorers in the game and has done more for his team this season than most other players in the game right now.

ThaRegul8r
05-14-2013, 02:44 AM
Carmelo has a legacy?

It irks me how people casually throw the word "legacy" around.

legacy: something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past.

A legacy is something that comes after one's career is over, not while it's still a work in progress.

NumberSix
05-14-2013, 02:44 AM
Get some new material

Jacks3
05-14-2013, 02:50 AM
I agree that Melo gets too much hate. The guy isn't LeBron/Durant, but so what? Those two are top ten all-time talents. Melo is still a 29/7/3 player on good efficiency who led his team to 55 wins and anchored a top 3 offense in the league. Scoring champ.

As for the playoffs, he's played two of the five best defenses in basketball and doesn't have a single star to take pressure off him. Of course he's going to have his struggles.

La Frescobaldi
05-14-2013, 03:05 AM
for my part, you are correct.
No respect for a player who deliberately tanked games to get rid of a rival for glory in Lin; who couldn't adjust to a coach in Denver and created animosity, then went to New York and created animosity to get rid of a coach he didn't like; no respect for a player who lives and dies for boring@ss destructive hero ball; who throws his team out of rhythm so bad that they just lurch painfully through games like a junior high marching band; who seldom plays defense.

Respect is reserved for guys like Havlicek or Erving or Bird, Tim Duncan or LaMarcus Aldridge or Paul George - players that bring it for their team, not just for their own glory.

Xiao Yao You
05-14-2013, 03:05 AM
Again, does anyone actually have the patience to read and respond to the original post? I'm not demanding that anyone put him with Lebron/Durant, nor any other great. But he is one of the best scorers in the game and has done more for his team this season than most other players in the game right now.

I read it. And the problem I have is that he has been put on a level since he came into the league by himself and his supporters that he doesn't belong.

Amar'e_Juwanna
05-14-2013, 03:11 AM
Respect is reserved for guys like Havlicek or Erving or Bird, Tim Duncan or LaMarcus Aldridge or Paul George - players that bring it for their team, not just for their own glory.

Paul George is a better defender. But he does less for his team than Anthony does for his.

La Frescobaldi
05-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Paul George is a better defender. But he does less for his team than Anthony does for his.
He is worth far more to the Pacers than Anthony is to the Knicks

willds09
05-14-2013, 03:17 AM
He is worth far more to the Pacers than Anthony is to the Knicks
:facepalm

LJJ
05-14-2013, 03:25 AM

He does less for his team indeed, the things he does less than Anthony are chucking at <40% and ballhogging.

La Frescobaldi
05-14-2013, 03:28 AM
It's pretty simple.
PG plays both ends of the court and Anthony doesn't.
PG plays within the team offense; Anthony IS the offense.
PG defends the main scorers; Anthony defends the spot he is standing on.

Amar'e_Juwanna
05-14-2013, 03:35 AM
It's pretty simple.
PG plays both ends of the court and Anthony doesn't.
PG plays within the team offense; Anthony IS the offense.
PG defends the main scorers; Anthony defends the spot he is standing on.

how many times must I pay the troll toll?

Anthony being the team offense vs PG playing within the offense means that Anthony does more.

Anthony has held West to pretty bad totals this series, he is one of the main scorers, no?

Wavves
05-14-2013, 03:46 AM

Anthony being the team offense vs PG playing within the offense means that Anthony does more.

Anthony has held West to pretty bad totals this series, he is one of the main scorers, no?

Who's fault is that then. You can never win with 1 player as your offense. 76ers tried with Iverson and it failed, and so are the Knicks. This comes down to poor management by the organisation if what you said is actually what you believe.

No I don't like Anthony, but I do respect his game and how talented he is on offense. His effort on defense makes me not like him.

La Frescobaldi
05-14-2013, 03:48 AM

you are far too selective for me.
Why do you ignore the Murder of Linsanity? Coaches with enormous problems because of Anthony? Lack of defensive effort?
It's been known world-wide since the mid-sixties that one player carrying his team offensively is a blind alley.

tazb
05-14-2013, 03:48 AM
stoudamire and billups are not wade and bosh.

STAT at that time was not that far behind Wade. Same goes for Billups.

willds09
05-14-2013, 04:05 AM
STAT at that time was not that far behind Wade. Same goes for Billups.
stop lying

AintNoSunshine
05-14-2013, 04:11 AM
Does he deserve more respect than what he's already getting? Hell to the no

KyleKong
05-14-2013, 04:14 AM

He already did that :roll: :roll: :roll:

duskovujosevic
05-14-2013, 06:01 AM
anthony is fake ass thug, horrible FG % shooter, ego maniac etc.

Unbiased_one
05-14-2013, 06:12 AM

melo's current supporting cast is about a gazillion times better than say durant's, or the one that lebron took to the finals in 07, or the one that iverson toook to the finals in 01.

Say what you want, but if you switch lebron and melo I guarantee you that the knicks become odds on favourites for the title.

Blue&Orange
05-14-2013, 09:24 AM
melo's current supporting cast is about a gazillion times better than say durant's, or the one that lebron took to the finals in 07, or the one that iverson toook to the finals in 01.

Say what you want, but if you switch lebron and melo I guarantee you that the knicks become odds on favourites for the title.
Melo sidekicks are Jr 21% Smith and Felton... you know that guy that everyone mocked the Knicks for signing him. Yes gazillion times better!

You are obviously, a gazillion times stupid.

Dagouch
05-14-2013, 09:31 AM
I swear do you people that actually watch Melo's games other than the feature game of the week?

Unbiased_one
05-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Melo sidekicks are Jr 21% Smith and Felton... you know that guy that everyone mocked the Knicks for signing him. Yes gazillion times better!

You are obviously, a gazillion times stupid.

Not that advanced stats are the be all and end all of an argument, but they are pretty definitive here. Lebron in 07 had 2 teammates with above average PER and 4 teammates with greater than 0.1 WS/48. Melo has 9 and 10 respectively this season. Can't get much clearer than that.

Iverson had 3 and 6.
Durant minus westbrook this year has 4 and 7.

comerb
05-14-2013, 09:42 AM

No he won't, he's a black hole on offense and plays mediocre defense.

daj0264
05-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Why would i respect a chucker who will never win anything?

ZHAKIDD532
05-14-2013, 09:43 AM
If Knicks fans are going to chant MVP at games, he gets compared to Lebron and Durant. It's that simple.

And he loses in those comparisons every time.

miles berg
05-14-2013, 09:49 AM
He just isn't that good.

chosen_wun
05-14-2013, 09:50 AM
When he's shooting bad he looks completely useless on the floor..then he actually starts shooting more. I can't respect a superstar like that.

NBAller
05-14-2013, 10:08 AM

:lol

NBAller
05-14-2013, 10:14 AM
IDK what's wrong with majority of these posters. They all think james harden sucks, melo sucks, etc etc.

they're all great. melo's a insane scorer... one of the toughest to guard. he's respected by teams defenses, screw guys on a message board.

daj0264
05-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Melo is just a failure, he will never win.

He is almost as bad a lebron but atleast melo is the best player on his team.

Amar'e_Juwanna
05-14-2013, 10:30 AM
IDK what's wrong with majority of these posters. They all think james harden sucks, melo sucks, etc etc.

they're all great. melo's a insane scorer... one of the toughest to guard. he's respected by teams defenses, screw guys on a message board.
this pretty much is what i'm looking for. the guy is a top 15 player. telling me i'm wrong to compare him to lebron or durant. read the ****ing original post. 2nd sentence: "he is certainly not kevin durant"

You're knifing fans who want to believe he is as good/better than lebron or durant (which i NEVER said), then turn around and compare him to them... double standard. clearly there is an agenda here which I did not perpetrate. I'm not saying he's gonna win ships, all im saying is that the dude was born to put the ball in the basket. respect his skill.

and, for what its worth, he doesnt flop.

NBAller
05-14-2013, 10:36 AM
this pretty much is what i'm looking for. the guy is a top 15 player. telling me i'm wrong to compare him to lebron or durant. read the ****ing original post. 2nd sentence: "he is certainly not kevin durant"

You're knifing fans who want to believe he is as good/better than lebron or durant (which i NEVER said), then turn around and compare him to them... double standard. clearly there is an agenda here which I did not perpetrate. I'm not saying he's gonna win ships, all im saying is that the dude was born to put the ball in the basket. respect his skill.

and, for what its worth, he doesnt flop.

as long as everyone that says these guys suck admit they couldn't hit a jumpshot to save their life i think it's fair. stupid, but fair.

i don't understand how people that probably couldn't even dribble a ball can't respect these guys. i personally can ball, but i'm no where close to any of these guys, especially not melo. if i was, i'd be paid to hoop.

as far as melo being compared to everyone else in the league and not in the world? like i said, he's a great scorer.

La Frescobaldi
05-14-2013, 10:38 AM

All that is true.

The guy reminds me of this guy right here:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1928&dat=19840414&id=mpMgAAAAIBAJ&sjid=mGcFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2484,2509457

Elvin Hayes. Great talent, broke up teams with his bogus mentality, coaches despised him.... by and large sports writers and teammates detested him.
Anthony's career so far has been pretty much like that. There's a lot more to respect than how good a player is on offense.

STATUTORY
05-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Lol the op basically wanta us all to be sympathetic to plight of melo when we are under no obligation to. Why should melo be graded on some special education rubric for making strides? Hes been on the league for a decade now and have done shit. Yet hos fans procllaim him to be best scorer and other unearned accolades.

The truth is hes a low bball IQ malcontent who will never in shit

Knoe Itawl
05-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Aside from his chucking, I'll always dislike him for that stop snitching foolishness, and his overall lack of intelligence. Him and JR must share a brain cell between the two of them.

greymatter
05-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Not much to respect. He's a one-dimensional player who makes a horrible centerpiece to try to build around. Everyone has seen how Lebron and Durant have improved almost every year. Melo has remained the same high volume, low-medium efficiency scorer.

lpublic_enemyl
05-14-2013, 11:21 AM
honestly he hasn't done very much in the nba to be respected

lpublic_enemyl
05-14-2013, 11:23 AM
If Knicks fans are going to chant MVP at games, he gets compared to Lebron and Durant. It's that simple.

And he loses in those comparisons every time.
you can't argue he is even close to either one.

Sarcastic
05-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Melo is just a failure, he will never win.

He is almost as bad a lebron but atleast melo is the best player on his team.

Melo's a failure? He's been to the playoffs every year of his career, and scored 20+ every year of his career as well.

Name some other players that have done that. Go ahead. When I pose that to any posters, they never respond. I don't think you will either.

LikeABosh
05-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Whats funny is that Melo went to New York to join Amare and in hopes that CP3 would come.

FreezingTsmoove
05-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Melo's a failure? He's been to the playoffs every year of his career, and scored 20+ every year of his career as well.

Name some other players that have done that. Go ahead. When I pose that to any posters, they never respond. I don't think you will either.

Jordan

daj0264
05-14-2013, 11:43 AM

Making the playoffs is overrated, winning isn't.

Dont know about your question but so what he still hasnt won anything.

JMT
05-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Anthony is part of a long list of SF who were excellent scorers. That's who he is. If that commands respect from some, that's what he's earned.

daily
05-14-2013, 11:53 AM
How is it Melo who has the ball in his hand 38% of the time only has 16 assists in 9 playoff games?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Anthony is part of a long list of SF who were excellent scorers. That's who he is. If that commands respect from some, that's what he's earned.

Yep. As of late, the guy has been a complete train-wreck, though. Hell, Iverson looks efficient compared to him.

iDunk
05-14-2013, 12:18 PM
He's a great player, people are acting like he's a scrub or something.

They're focusing more at the negatives of Melo when they're ignoring the greatness of him.

Sarcastic
05-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Jordan

Pretty good company, don't you say?

Sarcastic
05-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Making the playoffs is overrated, winning isn't.

Dont know about your question but so what he still hasnt won anything.

Really? Because Kevin Love puts up tremendous stats, but gets killed for never taking his team to the playoffs.

In order to make the playoffs, you have to win games. Melo has been doing it every year of his entire life. High school, college, pros. He has never played on a sub .500 team. Ever.

willds09
05-14-2013, 12:55 PM
He already did that :roll: :roll: :roll:
nope he didnt.

willds09
05-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Why would i respect a chucker who will never win anything?
see us in june.

willds09
05-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Jordan
jordan didnt make tha playoffs every year

LikeABosh
05-14-2013, 01:02 PM
see us in june.
This is all Melo will be doing in June
http://images.gofishn.com/media_files/122951/carmelo.jpg

willds09
05-14-2013, 01:04 PM
This is all Melo will be doing in June
http://images.gofishn.com/media_files/122951/carmelo.jpg
yea after he wins his first championship in june.

Bandito
05-14-2013, 01:04 PM
:roll:

kNicKz
05-14-2013, 01:09 PM
:roll:

kNicKz
05-14-2013, 01:10 PM
How is it Melo who has the ball in his hand 38% of the time only has 16 assists in 9 playoff games?

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/JR-Smith-Club-4.jpg

This is how

willds09
05-14-2013, 01:14 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/JR-Smith-Club-4.jpg

This is how
I blame young money's bitch asses:rant :banghead: :mad:

kNicKz
05-14-2013, 01:16 PM
People don't realize that on the Heat everyone shoots. You can dish to bosh and haslem for jumpers. You tryna spot up tyson chandler or kenyon martin for a mid range bucket? Chris copeland? No, you're not.... and you certainly don't want to pass to the iso pit of JR

Solefade
05-14-2013, 01:21 PM
People don't realize that on the Heat everyone shoots. You can dish to bosh and haslem for jumpers. You tryna spot up tyson chandler or kenyon martin for a mid range bucket? Chris copeland? No, you're not.... and you certainly don't want to pass to the iso pit of JR

Bro, Melo has had good teams around him in both NY and Denver. His style of play is never going to win a chip because he's an inefficient volume shooter that plays below average defense and doesn't pass.

Goldrush25
05-14-2013, 01:45 PM
As soon as Melo realizes that the answer to everything is not him scoring and he spends some time to add layers to his game, he'll get all the respect he deserves. Until then he's nothing but a one-dimensional player.

I respect Melo to the extent that he's extremely talented at what he does. He's much better at his job than any of us are at ours. But relative to his peers, he needs to add more to his game if he wants to be known as a superstar.

willds09
05-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Bro, Melo has had good teams around him in both NY and Denver. His style of play is never going to win a chip because he's an inefficient volume shooter that plays below average defense and doesn't pass.
melo never had a bosh, wade, with a ray allen off tha bench, plus refs on his team either:no:

DaSeba5
05-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Why should I give him respect? Besides, I'm a nobody. Why do you care so much about what people think about Melo?

willds09
05-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Why should I give him respect? Besides, I'm a nobody. Why do you care so much about what people think about Melo?
maybe cuz lebron iz a bitch:confusedshrug: I mean queen bitch:lol

DaSeba5
05-14-2013, 01:53 PM
maybe cuz lebron iz a bitch:confusedshrug: I mean queen bitch:lol

Ok :confusedshrug:

daily
05-14-2013, 01:59 PM
melo never had a bosh, wade, with a ray allen off tha bench, plus refs on his team either:no:

He is who he is, all those things you posted are just excuses and most of them aren't even true.

Melo is a scorer who reluctantly passes. Always has been. If NBA fans are waiting for him to suddenly become a playmaker don't hold your breath, it's not happening anytime soon.

Not saying it's a bad thing but he is who he is and that's a shoot first player who's not even remotely close to sharing the same mindset of Lebron

willds09
05-14-2013, 02:02 PM

He is who he is, all those things you posted are just excuses and most of them aren't even true.

Melo is a scorer who reluctantly passes. Always has been. If NBA fans are waiting for him to suddenly become a playmaker don't hold your breath, it's not happening anytime soon.

Not saying it's a bad thing but he is who he is and that's a shoot first player who's not even remotely close to sharing the same mindset of Lebron
everything i said was true, u just dont wanna admit it.

Teanett
05-14-2013, 02:03 PM

melo wishes he could go to the finals with larry hughes, pavlovic and booby gibson.

longtime lurker
05-14-2013, 02:06 PM
They use stats, playoff records, and rhetoric to define melo as a player who is incapable of winning a chip (or at least leading a team to a championship). One thing is for sure: he is not Kevin Durant.

Carmelo is a scorer who needs to play within a system to be as effective as he can be, and who has trouble doing so (at least with the current Knicks team) because nobody else seems to be able to take the lead. Look at Durant without Westbrook: he can't do it by himself. Even people who say Melo is the lesser scorer have to respect what he has done for this year's Knicks without a legitimate #2. (Btw, JR was definitely legit post All-Star break, but he is still mercurial: thus the post-season woes and general Knicks fan anguish).

An interesting question is whether or not any player wants to win that particular title. Expending so much energy during the regular season, which by many ISH accounts matters for naught, seems to contribute greatly towards the amount that one can achieve in the post-season. Basketball is a game of runs, BOTH IN THE PERSONAL AND COLLECTIVE SENSE. Carmelo's fault is apparently that he does not seem to recognize the collective situation in which he is most effective. However, the observer has to recognize how little his team has done for him so far this post-season.

I'm not expecting to initiate any change in terms of the views of the larger ISH community. But I think that any real basketball fan who has paid any attention to Carmelo's 2012-2013 season recognizes the steps he has made towards being a more TEAM- and WIN-oriented player. This man does not play for stats, and he truly cares about winning. Countless hockey assist plays will testify to that. Denying this fact is merely an admission of a blindered opinion.

Whether he has the guts to lead the Knicks past the Pacers is an entirely different story. Being a Knicks fan, I have no choice but to support him and the rest of my team as they attempt to even the series tomorrow.

Solid post but unfortunately this forum is full of idiots and d!ckriders. I'd love to see New York's offense without Melo(hint it would like like complete shit). The team needs Melo to score or else they have little chance, if anyone hasn't seen the growth from Melo this season they're a complete idiot. It's not Melo's fault he doesn't have superstar teammates to take pressure off him when his shot isn't falling offensively.

willds09
05-14-2013, 02:06 PM

melo wishes he could go to the finals with larry hughes, pavlovic and booby gibson.
lebron got lucky that year, no real competition in tha east

jzek
05-14-2013, 02:07 PM
i can't respect someone who's done nothing aside from winning the scoring title once. melo's resume is too thin.

Goldrush25
05-14-2013, 02:17 PM

How would that help? He wouldn't pass to any of them.

Teanett
05-14-2013, 02:18 PM
lebron got lucky that year, no real competition in tha east

lame excuse.

jimmy77x
05-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Who cares about the opinions of a bunch of no talent losers on ISH? Melo doesn't :lol

HorryIsMyMVP
05-14-2013, 02:19 PM
i can't respect someone who's done nothing aside from winning the scoring title once. melo's resume is too thin.
April 2013 :lol Go kill yourself.

Ikill
05-14-2013, 02:28 PM

No Melos wishes he could play against two lottery teams and the 07 Pistons

willds09
05-14-2013, 02:31 PM
How would that help? He wouldn't pass to any of them.
:coleman:

Legends66NBA7
05-14-2013, 03:04 PM
I already respect his ability, but he has to produce at a high level in the playoffs if you want the majority of the board to respect the man further. Especially if he's getting talks of be a Top 3 player, alongside Durant and LeBron.

Who cares about the opinions of a bunch of no talent losers on ISH? Melo doesn't :lol

Yeah, but you do. :confusedshrug:

jimmy77x
05-14-2013, 03:06 PM
I already respect his ability, but he has to produce at a high level in the playoffs if you want the majority of the board to respect the man further. Especially if he's getting talks of be a Top 3 player, alongside Durant and LeBron.

yupp

longtime lurker
05-14-2013, 03:18 PM

Chris Paul has failed to do this and he's respected by a majority of the posters on this board.

Legends66NBA7
05-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Chris Paul has failed to do this and he's respected by a majority of the posters on this board.

I disagree that he doesn't raise his game, maybe this year he didn't play at THAT much of a high level, but he's certainly raised his game more than Melo (he also stepped much more than his teammates did). The differences of his averages in the regular season and playoffs are very minimal.

Even excluding Melo's rookie year, his efficiency's has been awful in 6 overall playoff runs (and 5 of them were in the first round) for a player of his caliber. Going by their team success, Paul has been past the first round just as much as Melo has in a shorter amount of time and a lot of that has to do with him.

Paul's also has been considered the Top PG in the league by many, so that's another reason he gets a lot respect. It's probably not fair that Melo SF ranking also happens to be behind the 2 best players in the game right now in Durant and James, so I guess he also get some unreasonable hate that he can't play like them (since it's obvious he can't).

AirMike
05-14-2013, 03:35 PM

Because in most cases, they gave him the ball with like 10 sec on the shotclock and just watched him play...no offball movement whatsoever, but he hasn't really been a willing passer neither...

Mr. Jabbar
05-14-2013, 03:49 PM
hes on the same boat as lebron, hasn't proved much yet to get any respect.

ProfessorMurder
05-14-2013, 04:03 PM
I had no real problem with Melo until Knick fans wouldn't shut up about him.

Plus the fact that Knick fans have been massive pricks to Denver fans because of Melo, for no real reason. Anything they can do to bring up that trade and they will.

Dagouch
05-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Not all Knicks fans Dumped on Denver. However their are a few Knicks fans that take it to another level so it appears all of us are cocky etc etc.

Their is a bunch of NBA Players that haven't won a championship. Ewing, Malone, Payton, etc etc. During their prime years they were dogged too. Hell even Dirk before that magical run was being crapped on.

Melo needs a team based on his strenghts and weaknesses. I think a Dominant PG would do wonders for his game.

Kiddlovesnets
05-14-2013, 04:18 PM
I respect him as the third best player in the league right below Lebron and CP3, but hes never gonna win a title.

Crafty
05-14-2013, 04:42 PM
I respect him as the third best player in the league right below Lebron and CP3, but hes never gonna win a title.
Durant>Melo

duatjsghd
05-14-2013, 04:45 PM
hes barely a top10 player why respect him

willds09
05-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Durant>Melo
who was tha scoring champ?:lol

Unbiased_one
05-14-2013, 04:50 PM

you know kemba walker, monta ellis and brandon jennings all scored more points than chris bosh this season? Usage and fga are important. Durant is a million times better than melo.

GrapeApe
05-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Melo is extremely talented, but I'm not sure he's cut out to be the best player on a championship team. Best scorer absolutely, but he doesn't have the "lead dog" intagibles or mentality. He is who he is and I really don't see that changing at this point.

willds09
05-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Melo is extremely talented, but I'm not sure he's cut out to be the best player on a championship team. Best scorer absolutely, but he doesn't have the "lead dog" intagibles or mentality. He is who he is and I really don't see that changing at this point.
june iz coming soon.

Crafty
05-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Durant also was a 3 times scoring champ, and already went to the Finals.

willds09
05-14-2013, 05:32 PM
well durant had harden and westbrook, without harden and westbrook wont go to WCF.

LikeABosh
05-14-2013, 05:35 PM
http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-ST753_COUNT0_NS_20120429215404.jpg

daily
05-14-2013, 08:07 PM

Sad thing is the one atop that list is the only one of them ever considered a franchise player.

veilside23
05-14-2013, 08:23 PM

damn

thats what happens when all you can do is score . DEFENSE = CHAMPS!
Scoring = see steve nash :D

Wavves
05-14-2013, 08:29 PM

2 other players on that list were teammates of Camelo too :oldlol:

La Frescobaldi
05-14-2013, 08:50 PM
damn

thats what happens when all you can do is score . DEFENSE = CHAMPS!
Scoring = see steve nash :D
Nash ain't even on this list that Anthony leads.

NumberSix
05-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Yeah, but he lost those finals.

Not going to the finals > losing the finals. :rolleyes: