PDA

View Full Version : Offseason plan

ljsbb27
05-15-2013, 11:38 PM
If last year's plan was to gut the old bench mob to save money because Rose was going to miss most of if not all of this season that just ended and at the time they were unsure if Deng would miss a significant part of the season or not than the exact opposite should be true this upcoming season. Rose will be back next year. Deng needs to get himself healthy. So the front office/management needs to pony up and spend money this offseason to bring back key guys or get creative this offseason with trades and/or signings to make sure this team is ready to contend next season. Also not lose focus on the draft and make sure we draft someone who can add to the depth and possibly earn minutes in the rotation like we've done a good job of the last couple of drafts. Time is now to spend the money we've been so conservative with to ensure we have a contender. Honestly, not a lot needs to be done. If something were to be done I would hope it would be to increase our chances, but I would be fine with staying put pretty much and resigning guys to what they're worth.

A roster of:

Rose - Hinrich
Butler - Nate
Deng - Bellinelli
Boozer - Gibson
Noah - Nazr

is a good start.

To add to that we need some 3-point shooting and another center and I'm satisfied. That roster completely healthy is a true contender no doubt about it.

SnakePlissken
05-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Boozer disappointed me. I really hope they amnesty him. Other than that, that's a good roster. If the Bulls can amnesty Boozer and then try and go after Milsap from Utah I'd love it.

Oh and the number one off season plan: Derrick Rose has to regain his muscle memory. Whatever the f*ck that means. No more being a p*ssy next year, Rose.

ljsbb27
05-16-2013, 12:00 AM
OJ Mayo
Tony Allen
Trade for Kevin Love
Trade for Eric Gordon
Kevin Martin

Some possibilities

SnakePlissken
05-16-2013, 12:02 AM
OJ Mayo
Tony Allen
Trade for Kevin Love
Trade for Eric Gordon
Kevin Martin

Some possibilities

Kevin Love would be perfect on this team. Could the Bulls get him without having to give up Rose (obviously), Noah and Butler? I'd give up anybody else in a trade for Love.

ljsbb27
05-16-2013, 12:02 AM
Boozer disappointed me. I really hope they amnesty him. Other than that, that's a good roster. If the Bulls can amnesty Boozer and then try and go after Milsap from Utah I'd love it.

Oh and the number one off season plan: Derrick Rose has to regain his muscle memory. Whatever the f*ck that means. No more being a p*ssy next year, Rose.

Don't see the Bulls being the type of organization to amnesty someone.

I've proposed a deal before that I thought could be possible and reasonable for both sides.

Humphries and Brooks from the Nets for Boozer and maybe the Bulls throw in a first round pick.

I'd do it. Saves us some money. Humphries is on a cheaper and shorter deal. Taj could start. Humphries wouldn't be a terrible backup. Marshon is a scorer who can create his own shot and still has potential.

ljsbb27
05-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Kevin Love would be perfect on this team. Could the Bulls get him without having to give up Rose (obviously), Noah and Butler? I'd give up anybody else in a trade for Love.

I think maybe Boozer, rights to Mirotic and the Charlotte pick might get it done. I'd do it.

Rose
05-16-2013, 02:28 AM
I think maybe Boozer, rights to Mirotic and the Charlotte pick might get it done. I'd do it.
Simmons has been floating Boozer, Mirotic, Bobcats pick, and Jimmy for Love, and maybe a pick.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that trade. And to be perfectly honest I wouldn't truly mind trading Deng instead of Boozer if the plan is to amnesty Boozer NEXT offseason anyways. Then they could get Love. Maybe Deng pulls a Hinrich and comes back. If not we'd almost certainly keep Jimmy if Deng was traded. Either way. Rose/Love/Noah. Is a very very very nice big 3. Plus Taj, Teague should prove to be a usable player with the way he already gets into the lane. If nothing else he should be valuable trade piece next season for at least a decent player.

Also of note is that Flip Saunders is absolutely homo for Boozer. And always said Chicago fans were way too rough on the guy. So I'm thinking there's an even better chance of that happening than when Simmons proposed it.

(e)
05-16-2013, 04:47 AM
Players under contract next season

Rose, Noah, Deng, Boozer, Taj, Butler, Hinrich, Teague.

No way we pick up RIPs 5 million option. And I don't see us amnestying anyone this offseason either.

Bulls definitely have some assets that could be packaged in a deal. Lu on his final year, the Bobcats pick, and Mirotic (don't think we would get fair value at all). Going after a guy like Love would be great, as long as we got to keep Rose, Noah, and Butler. Not saying adding Butler is a deal breaker, it would just suck because he's a steal on his contract.

So we pretty much have to build a bench again, outside of Taj and Kirk who are nice pieces off the bench. I hope we can bring back Nate, it'll be interesting to see if anyone tries to pry him away from us. I also liked what Marco brought to the team, and would be cool with him coming back on a cheap contract.

We aren't in any sort of position to go sign a big name free agent without some major cap cuts...I don't see that happening either. The post Boozer contract is really the only time we will have some major cap flexibility.

So, IMO the major need is a backup center. Some 3 point shooting and someone who can create is also needed, but being able to bring back Rose next season will obviously help the offense.

20th pick. On paper it looks to be a pretty meh draft. I'm thinking a guy like Dieng or Withey would be there. Neither can replace what we lost in Asik, but we need something. Combine and workouts will show us where we are going with the pick though, hope we can find a serviceable player.

I'm fine with bringing back Nazr on the cheap, but he's not the answer.

Finding another guard will be interesting. OJ Mayo would be great, but I don't think we can afford him. Kevin Martin if he doesn't stay in OKC, if we can afford him.

I could see Drew Gooden and John Salmons both getting amnestied this offseason, and I'd be cool if we brought either one of them back if they clear, obviously both worth nothing more than the min considering they'd still be getting paid from their teams now. Not bad depth adds IMO.

Once we figure out who will actually be on the market, it might be easier to speculate. I'm perfectly fine with another year of what we had, because we will bring back Rose. And of course at least adding some more depth inside.

Rose
05-16-2013, 11:06 AM
I think Nate comes back. He really seemed like he wanted to be here. Thibs loves/hates/loves the guy as much as anyone. And he was pretty good this year when called upon. I think as long as he doesn't want more than he's actually worth he'll be back. Granted.. unless Kirk starts at the 2 guard and Jimmy goes back to the bench point guard is awfully crowded with Rose back.

I think Dieng is gonna rise up the board starting after today's combine. He actually looks 6'10-11. And given how weak the draft is he's gonna fly up. And unfortunately Hardaway Jr.

I think the Bulls pick an overseas guy again. Lots of guys in our draft slot are Euros: Gobert, Adetokoubo, Sarec, Karasev (a terrific wing player). And a Brazilian: Noguiera. Given the way the Bulls have drafted lately, and the cap situation I think they're gonna go that direction.

(e)
05-16-2013, 12:27 PM
Gobert would be awesome, but I think he's going to move up to be in the 12-15 range. He's impressed so far in the combine

Rose
05-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Dammit I missed his combine? For some reason I thought it started at 11.:facepalm

SnakePlissken
05-16-2013, 04:59 PM
The 3 players on the roster I really don't want to be traded are Rose, Noah and Butler. I really want to see what a Rose and Butler back court can do together.

Rose
05-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Here's some combine stuff. link (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1641752-nba-combine-2013-results-day-1-measurements-highlights-and-top-prospects)

Bleacher report I know. but he just used reporters twitters for the info so it's at least solid. Official measurements come out tomorrow sometime.

JerryWest
05-16-2013, 11:43 PM
f*ck you rose

JerryWest
05-17-2013, 05:31 AM
one last time,

F*CK YOU ROSE!

kshutts1
05-22-2013, 09:40 AM
I would like to see one of two trades happen:

1) Boozer and our pick (not Charlotte's) for Ilyasova and sign-and-trade Redick.

Reason -- Bulls get shooting (obviously), along with a high IQ player in Redick and a versatile stretch 3/4 to open the court up more for Rose to drive and kick or finish. Bucks give up some nice pieces, but gain an additional pick plus a 18/12 threat in Boozer. Lastly, for the Bucks, Ilyasova has a 5 year contract, Boozer's is only 3 years. Granted, Carlos is due a lot more money, but still getting out of a contract sooner is not a bad thing.

2) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5payvw
I don't envision all of these contracts (Hayes and Jimmer can stay) needing to come back to the Bulls. Once the season is over, and players come off the books, Sac should have more cap space.

Reason -- Bulls get shooting/scoring from Thornton, and a potential top 3 player in the league (in a couple years) in Cousins. Thibs, and the Bulls strong core, can keep Cousins in line (if anyone can, that is), while Sac gets rid of some headaches/contracts while getting two professionals back. And neither professional is a scrub, either. Both can ball. If necessary, I'd throw in either our first or the Charlotte pick to get Cousins. To make this even more of a perfect world (putting this in "reasons" because it would be too perfect) would be the Bulls getting a sign-and-traded Evans included.

Remix
05-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Adding to what (e) said, here's a closer look at the Bull's salary situation from HH.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/stevedemay35/bullssalary.png

I agree that the Bulls should not pick up Rip's 5M option. He's no longer starter material. I like the current core of Rose/Butler/Deng/Noah. Realistically, I don't think we're going to be able to move Boozer due to his contract, and I don't know if amnestying him will be enough to go after another player who might not even be that huge of an upgrade. I think Boozer's defensive weakness can be hidden playing alongside a healthy Noah, Deng, and Butler.

I'm excited about seeing the healthy lineup of:

Rose
Butler
Deng
Boozer
Noah

I suspect some team will overpay for Robinson, and I don't think he'll be needed. Hinrich can provide a solid 20-25min a game when Rose needs a rest, and luckily Butler can play the 2 or 3. I also see a lot of potential in Teague.

In my opinion, next year a primary concern will be having a bench scorer at the 2 or 3 position. I wouldn't mind bringing Belinelli back to provide some 3pt scoring of the bench at the 2 spot.

So with a bench of:

Hinrich/Teague
Possibly Nelli
-
Gibson
- maybe Nazr to another one year deal. I think the Bulls need to look for a quality, younger backup C.

Notable Free Agent SG's: Previous Salary
Korver: 5m
Tony Allen: 3.3m
Nick Young: 5.6m
Martell Webster: 1.7m

Nick Young, imo, would be the ideal to have provide relief minutes at the SG or SF positions and give a spark in bench scoring. Not sure how much he can ask for or what the Bulls can offer. Martell Webster is another interesting player who's still young but since the Blazers dont have another SG they will likely resign him.

Notable Free Agent SF's: Previous Salary
Matt Barnes: 850k
Mike Dunleavy: 3.7m

Notable Free Agent C's: Previous Salary
Chris Kaman: 8m
Samuel Dalembert: 6.6m
Ronny Turiaf: 800k

Kaman didn't get much burn this past year, which probably affected his free agency value. He's only 31, which is significantly younger than Nazr. However, in a weak big man era he's likely to still get 6or more a year. Dalembert had that one monster game last year but then didn't get much burn. I'm not sure why he didn't get more pt especially on a team with a less than than stellar front court.

What kind of contracts do the Bulls have to offer? Just the MLE and Mini MLE?

Crystallas
05-28-2013, 10:30 PM
HH also is missing Malcolm Thomas's 2nd year.

ljsbb27
05-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Chances Deng and/or Boozer get moved?

ljsbb27
05-29-2013, 10:16 PM
3-team trade:

Bulls, Nets and Timberwolves.

Bulls trade Deng and Hamilton along with the rights to Mirotic and our first round pick next year to Minnesota and Boozer to Nets.

Bulls receive Kevin Love from the Wolves and Humphries and Brooks from the Nets.

Nets receive Boozer who is a big upgrade over Humphries and also a player who has worked well with DWill and can also help Brook Lopez in the rebounding department. The russian owner of the Nets who is a billionaire has shown a willingness to spend big. If he took on Joe Johnson's contract he may be the only guy out there willing to take back Boozer's.

Wolves receive Deng an all star small forward who is major expiring deal and also Hamilton which they can buy out for 1 million and save even more money. They also receive Mirotic a high value prospect who plays in Spain and has a relationship with Rubio and also a draft pick.

Bulls receive Kevin Love an established all star player who would fit almost perfectly next to Noah and Rose to create a really nice big three. Jimmy would slide in nicely at the SF position to fill Deng's void. Marshon is a guy who can be a scorer who can create his own shot. He needs to be coached up but Thibs may be the perfect coach for him. He has unlimited potential offensively and defensively he has the quickness and length to be an effective defender especially in our system.

kshutts1
05-30-2013, 08:08 AM
3-team trade:

Bulls, Nets and Timberwolves.

Bulls trade Deng and Hamilton along with the rights to Mirotic and our first round pick next year to Minnesota and Boozer to Nets.

Bulls receive Kevin Love from the Wolves and Humphries and Brooks from the Nets.

Nets receive Boozer who is a big upgrade over Humphries and also a player who has worked well with DWill and can also help Brook Lopez in the rebounding department. The russian owner of the Nets who is a billionaire has shown a willingness to spend big. If he took on Joe Johnson's contract he may be the only guy out there willing to take back Boozer's.

Wolves receive Deng an all star small forward who is major expiring deal and also Hamilton which they can buy out for 1 million and save even more money. They also receive Mirotic a high value prospect who plays in Spain and has a relationship with Rubio and also a draft pick.

Bulls receive Kevin Love an established all star player who would fit almost perfectly next to Noah and Rose to create a really nice big three. Jimmy would slide in nicely at the SF position to fill Deng's void. Marshon is a guy who can be a scorer who can create his own shot. He needs to be coached up but Thibs may be the perfect coach for him. He has unlimited potential offensively and defensively he has the quickness and length to be an effective defender especially in our system.

I like it, though both trades are slightly unlikely. Making the Rubio - Spain - Mirotic connection convinced me that at least the Wolves would THINK about it. If you swapped out the Bulls pick for the Charlotte pick that we own.. or maybe even gave both.. it may happen. However, I don't see Boozer being taken on by Brooklyn, even with the Russian Billionaire Willing To Spend spin that you put to it. That being said, I'm glad I'm not the only one that values Brooks' game.

What do you think of my trade from above?
2) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5payvw
I don't envision all of these contracts (Hayes and Jimmer can stay) needing to come back to the Bulls. Once the season is over, and players come off the books, Sac should have more cap space.

Reason -- Bulls get shooting/scoring from Thornton, and a potential top 3 player in the league (in a couple years) in Cousins. Thibs, and the Bulls strong core, can keep Cousins in line (if anyone can, that is), while Sac gets rid of some headaches/contracts while getting two professionals back. And neither professional is a scrub, either. Both can ball. If necessary, I'd throw in either our first or the Charlotte pick to get Cousins. To make this even more of a perfect world (putting this in "reasons" because it would be too perfect) would be the Bulls getting a sign-and-traded Evans included.

ConanRulesNBC
05-30-2013, 10:02 AM
I would love to get Kevin Love. I think he'd be the missing piece the Bulls really need to be a real contender.

C: Noah
PF: Love
SF: Butler
SG: Brooks
PG: Rose

:bowdown:

tamaraw08
06-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Is anybody against amnestying Carlos Boozer and his huge salary?:confusedshrug:
Bulls are paying Taj Gibson about 8.5 Mil as Booz' back up.
Rip shouldn't be retained.
I like Jodie Meeks, Im not against re-signing Belinelli.

Crystallas
06-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Is anybody against amnestying Carlos Boozer and his huge salary?

http://img.fannation.com/upload/truth_rumor/photo_upload/351/871/full/AP940730031_210x210_scaled_cropp.jpg

CarlosBoozer
06-02-2013, 06:42 AM
Just amnesty me, my contract is so f*cking stupid I won't even defend myself anymore :(

tamaraw08
06-04-2013, 01:24 AM
http://img.fannation.com/upload/truth_rumor/photo_upload/351/871/full/AP940730031_210x210_scaled_cropp.jpg

It is my opinion that this is a legit question.
Booze in an aging 31 yr old who had a history of injuries with a huge contract of 30 mil/2yrs
. Mgt agreed to sign Taj for an average of 8.5 Mil/year.
Booze upped his(1.2) pts to 16pts (by taking 2 more attempts) and 9 rebs but had his all time career low FG% of 47.7%. :eek:
His 3.3 FTs/game is 2nd lowest in more than 8 yrs.
There are available Free agents out there that can help fill the void for good shooting guard and a back up center.
Im not saying to go ahead to amnesty him but I think they should consider doing it.

Crystallas
06-04-2013, 12:03 PM
It is my opinion that this is a legit question.
Booze in an aging 31 yr old who had a history of injuries with a huge contract of 30 mil/2yrs
. Mgt agreed to sign Taj for an average of 8.5 Mil/year.
Booze upped his(1.2) pts to 16pts (by taking 2 more attempts) and 9 rebs but had his all time career low FG% of 47.7%. :eek:
His 3.3 FTs/game is 2nd lowest in more than 8 yrs.
There are available Free agents out there that can help fill the void for good shooting guard and a back up center.
Im not saying to go ahead to amnesty him but I think they should consider doing it.
I want to amnesty him too. But it's not happening. No use hoping for something that wont happen.

CarlosBoozer
06-05-2013, 01:35 PM
If we amnesty Boozer, who will we pick up as main pf? or will taj move to the starting lineup?

Rose
06-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Hey now, let's give Amnesty props for really staying healthy the last two years when everyone else...hasn't.:applause:

Go Getter
06-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Hey now, let's give Amnesty props for really staying healthy the last two years when everyone else...hasn't.:applause:
He does deserve props for that tbh.

ljsbb27
06-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Anthony Morrow, Xavier Henry, Francisco Garcia, Mike Dunleavy

are some other guys that are out there that could come cheaply and contribute in some way.

ljsbb27
06-10-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm looking at Tony Parker destroy the Heat and I'm imagining what a healthy Derrick Rose could do to them.

Our combination of Noah and Boozer is better than or equal to that of Duncan and Splitter.

Deng and Butler are better than Leanord and Green.

Their bench is a little better than ours since they have Ginobli, but I'm sure that we will make improvements to our bench.

They have Popovich who is one of the greatest coaches ever, but Thibs is as close as you can get to Pop in the current NBA.

A healthy Bulls team can compete with anyone.

I'll say again I wouldn't mind moves being done, but at the same time I'd be completely content with bringing everyone back getting them all healthy adding a free agent and two draft picks and making a run.

Rose - Butler - Deng - Boozer - Noah is a very good starting lineup.

Hinrich - Bellinelli - Draft Pick - Gibson - Draft Pick can be a very good bench.

Draft a SF and a C.

See if we can bring back Nazr as an extra big. Sign Chase Budinger or a Corey Brewer. Try to sign an Anthony Morrow or a Mike Dunleavy for some 3-point shooting.

Draft Gorgui Dieng and Solomon Hill.

That is a very deep and well-rounded team. Also should be able to pull it off financially as well.

poido123
06-11-2013, 09:47 AM

Hell to the fcuk no.

I want no part in giving up Mirotic, that guy has serious potential and Id rather give up Gibson before giving up Mirotic.

Many reporters and basketball analysts have said that he would go number 1 in the draft if he was available.

And adding the Charlotte pick that could be top 6 protected? Uh uh no way.

Crystallas
06-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Anthony Morrow, Xavier Henry, Francisco Garcia, Mike Dunleavy

are some other guys that are out there that could come cheaply and contribute in some way.

The guy that I want. The rest... meh, not bad, not really a long term solution. Dunleavy is okay too, but despite being a coaches son, he needs a lot of coaching and doesn't have a Thibs type of IQ on defense.

CarlosBoozer
06-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Can we please have korver back :lol

Crystallas
06-12-2013, 01:52 AM
I would take Korver back. But he's going to get a decent contract that is outside of our reach.

poido123
06-12-2013, 06:59 AM
I would take Korver back. But he's going to get a decent contract that is outside of our reach.

Yes Id like Korver back, but Id be happy just to get Brewer back. Brewer is a handy player to bring in if we have a lead and just need him for defense.

But seriously, management need to keep their eyes on a higher target to get better. We need to start building players around Rose who can get us to that next level.

Guys like reddick, Mayo, Jefferson? , Love are all players we should be looking at.

And of course, a solid backup centre.

kshutts1
06-12-2013, 09:34 AM
The guy that I want. The rest... meh, not bad, not really a long term solution. Dunleavy is okay too, but despite being a coaches son, he needs a lot of coaching and doesn't have a Thibs type of IQ on defense.

Agree with Garcia.

I've had a man-crush on him for a long, long time (as a player). I love him, I want him on the Bulls, but I'd rather get Thornton, a more proven scorer. Garcia can shoot and defend, which is incredible, but we badly need a scorer to play opposite Rose.

Honestly, everyone but jls (I think?) has ignored my Kings trade idea...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5payvw

Boozer, Deng, and a pick (ours or Charlotte's, I don't care)

for

Cousins, Thornton, Jimmer, Salmons, Hayes (last 2 are needed for salary)

Bulls get shooting, scoring, post defense, and my choice for the next superstar IF he can get his head on right.

Rose
06-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Agree with Garcia.

I've had a man-crush on him for a long, long time (as a player). I love him, I want him on the Bulls, but I'd rather get Thornton, a more proven scorer. Garcia can shoot and defend, which is incredible, but we badly need a scorer to play opposite Rose.

Honestly, everyone but jls (I think?) has ignored my Kings trade idea...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5payvw

Boozer, Deng, and a pick (ours or Charlotte's, I don't care)

for

Cousins, Thornton, Jimmer, Salmons, Hayes (last 2 are needed for salary)

Bulls get shooting, scoring, post defense, and my choice for the next superstar IF he can get his head on right.
I don't think this works out well for either team. I'll start with the Kings.
1. They're getting a new smarter GM. Be it Kenny Smith, a Spurs assistant GM, or that guy from Boston. They're getting one.
2. I don't think they'd want Boozer or Deng. They'd need to really pay Deng for him to stay in a non-contention situation. Whereas he could next offseason hop on a team like Cleveland, and be on a top 4 squad in the east. (potentially). Boozer makes way too much even for a rebuilding team that wants wins.
3. They're giving up good players (Hayes, Thornton) a player who could be great (Cousins), and a bad contract and a non-factor in the NBA if he can't score. For a slightly overpaid guy, and a drastically overpaid guy who really wouldn't be a leader in that locker room. Unlike Chuck Hayes.

Bulls: Cousins under Thibs could go really really really well, or really really really really really really really bad. I believe in the guy, but I think Thibs is too hard of a coach for him to work with. Maybe, but I wouldn't risk it. Thornton doesn't play defense, maybe he could be coached into it. And the rest wouldn't see playing time unless an injury occured, lol, and so I won't go into detail on them.

Now if we sweetened the deal with Mirotic, Butler, Taj instead of Boozer, charlotte pick? Something...maybe. But I'd much rather call up Minnesota first and see what we'd need to give up for Kevin Love.

kshutts1
06-12-2013, 04:01 PM
I don't think this works out well for either team. I'll start with the Kings.
1. They're getting a new smarter GM. Be it Kenny Smith, a Spurs assistant GM, or that guy from Boston. They're getting one.
2. I don't think they'd want Boozer or Deng. They'd need to really pay Deng for him to stay in a non-contention situation. Whereas he could next offseason hop on a team like Cleveland, and be on a top 4 squad in the east. (potentially). Boozer makes way too much even for a rebuilding team that wants wins.
3. They're giving up good players (Hayes, Thornton) a player who could be great (Cousins), and a bad contract and a non-factor in the NBA if he can't score. For a slightly overpaid guy, and a drastically overpaid guy who really wouldn't be a leader in that locker room. Unlike Chuck Hayes.

Bulls: Cousins under Thibs could go really really really well, or really really really really really really really bad. I believe in the guy, but I think Thibs is too hard of a coach for him to work with. Maybe, but I wouldn't risk it. Thornton doesn't play defense, maybe he could be coached into it. And the rest wouldn't see playing time unless an injury occured, lol, and so I won't go into detail on them.

Now if we sweetened the deal with Mirotic, Butler, Taj instead of Boozer, charlotte pick? Something...maybe. But I'd much rather call up Minnesota first and see what we'd need to give up for Kevin Love.

Fair points. I definitely see where you're coming from, in terms of what Sac would be giving up. I just look at their roster and see a bunch of "Me" players, and think that a few really talented "We" players, with playoff pedigree, could really take them places. Thomas, Evans, Deng, Boozer, Thompson is not a bad starting 5, then add in their pick this year and the Charlotte pick and that's not a bad starting spot.

And I don't really see why so many Bulls fans want Love. He's a great, great player, make no mistake... but the Bulls are already a jump shooting team. Need 3p shooting (which Love admittedly brings) and a post game. Does Love have a post game and I, because I don't watch many games, don't realize this? He strikes me more as a Toronto-Bosh with better rebounding (not an insult. Just a play-style comparison)

ljsbb27
06-12-2013, 05:47 PM
I don't see the Kings giving up on Cousins yet.

Also don't see them taking on the contracts of our overpaid guys.

Love is the guy that I would target as well if we're going to try to make a major deal for an established star player.

His rebounding is outstanding and along with Noah he would already make our really good rebounding team undoubtedly the best in the league for sure for years to come. His outside shooting would help open driving lanes for Rose, Butler and Deng. All of those guys would also be able to drive and kick to Love. Love is the perfect pick and roll big man. He sometimes gets criticized for being too much of a shooter as a big man but he is also very capable of banging down low. He is also an excellent passer which Noah is as well. So not only would we have the best rebounding C-PF combo in the league but also the best pass C-PF combo in the league.

Rose
Butler
Deng
Love
Noah

Competes for championships for however long they are together.
Add some three point shooting and some size to the bench and we're set.

ljsbb27
06-12-2013, 05:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pzqfacm

Boozer to Nets.
Humphries to Timberwolves.
Love to Bulls.

Bulls also send rights to Mirotic and a future 1st to Minnesota.

Rose
06-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Fair points. I definitely see where you're coming from, in terms of what Sac would be giving up. I just look at their roster and see a bunch of "Me" players, and think that a few really talented "We" players, with playoff pedigree, could really take them places. Thomas, Evans, Deng, Boozer, Thompson is not a bad starting 5, then add in their pick this year and the Charlotte pick and that's not a bad starting spot.

And I don't really see why so many Bulls fans want Love. He's a great, great player, make no mistake... but the Bulls are already a jump shooting team. Need 3p shooting (which Love admittedly brings) and a post game. Does Love have a post game and I, because I don't watch many games, don't realize this? He strikes me more as a Toronto-Bosh with better rebounding (not an insult. Just a play-style comparison)
Here's why: a terrific rebounder, somewhat of a hustler, great from anywhere on the court, some good post moves, he's not a great post player, but in this NBA you don't have to be. But he definitely has moves down there. Sweet passer which seems to be a great thing for our offense. He just doesn't play defense really, and his skill level isn't a top notch guy who's worth an additional 20-30 wins on a lottery team-fringe playoff team. But he'll be an excellent second banana somewhere. Really he just fits well with the Bulls, and most Bulls fans are desperate for any second star next to Rose. He's pretty much Toronto Bosh with way better passing, and more rebounding, but Toronto Bosh had like 30 more pounds of muscle and played inside.

And the team shoots a lot of jumpers but most aren't good-great at them. I mean Boozer didn't shoot 50% from the field :facepalm and is becoming the next Euromire except he rebounds. Deng is an above average shooter when healthy but until his arm is fully healed....he's not. Jimmy hits wide open shots, and pulls off some nice shots sometimes, but he's gotta up that next season when the scouting report is out. Noah's midrange shot is cute. I mean it works sometimes, but it's not reliable. Overall, the starters need more scoring anyways..and the bench is probably redone next season again.

ConanRulesNBC
06-12-2013, 11:42 PM
I'm looking at Tony Parker destroy the Heat and I'm imagining what a healthy Derrick Rose could do to them.

Our combination of Noah and Boozer is better than or equal to that of Duncan and Splitter.

Deng and Butler are better than Leanord and Green.

Their bench is a little better than ours since they have Ginobli, but I'm sure that we will make improvements to our bench.

They have Popovich who is one of the greatest coaches ever, but Thibs is as close as you can get to Pop in the current NBA.

A healthy Bulls team can compete with anyone.

I'll say again I wouldn't mind moves being done, but at the same time I'd be completely content with bringing everyone back getting them all healthy adding a free agent and two draft picks and making a run.

Rose - Butler - Deng - Boozer - Noah is a very good starting lineup.

Hinrich - Bellinelli - Draft Pick - Gibson - Draft Pick can be a very good bench.

Draft a SF and a C.

See if we can bring back Nazr as an extra big. Sign Chase Budinger or a Corey Brewer. Try to sign an Anthony Morrow or a Mike Dunleavy for some 3-point shooting.

Draft Gorgui Dieng and Solomon Hill.

That is a very deep and well-rounded team. Also should be able to pull it off financially as well.

The Bulls do sort of remind me of the Spurs. Rose is better than Parker (and Parker is great too). Noah > Splitter. Duncan > Boozer. They do have Leonard and Green and the Bulls have Deng and Butler.

If the Bulls could make a trade for Kevin Love and make some more bench moves like bringing back Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver (if Belinelli and Nate Robinson both leave for larger contracts) they would be better than the Spurs.

I'd really like to see Love on the team. I think he's the missing piece the Bulls need right now. Boozer had a good season yeah but Love is that superstar player that along with Rose could lead this team to the championship.

A lineup of:

Noah
Love
Butler
Brewer
Rose

Hinrich, Korver off the bench.

:bowdown:

ConanRulesNBC
06-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Hell to the fcuk no.

I want no part in giving up Mirotic, that guy has serious potential and Id rather give up Gibson before giving up Mirotic.

Many reporters and basketball analysts have said that he would go number 1 in the draft if he was available.

And adding the Charlotte pick that could be top 6 protected? Uh uh no way.

You wouldn't give up a player that hasn't even played in the NBA yet for a proven superstar player in Kevin Love? Really?? :facepalm

If Love becomes available give up everyone but Rose, Butler and Noah for him. That would just be dumb to take chances on a player that hasn't stepped onto an NBA court and pass up on a proven 20+ PPG and 10+ RPG player. Noah + Rose + Love + Butler = championship.

kshutts1
06-13-2013, 07:14 AM
I don't see the Kings giving up on Cousins yet.

Also don't see them taking on the contracts of our overpaid guys.

Love is the guy that I would target as well if we're going to try to make a major deal for an established star player.

His rebounding is outstanding and along with Noah he would already make our really good rebounding team undoubtedly the best in the league for sure for years to come. His outside shooting would help open driving lanes for Rose, Butler and Deng. All of those guys would also be able to drive and kick to Love. Love is the perfect pick and roll big man. He sometimes gets criticized for being too much of a shooter as a big man but he is also very capable of banging down low. He is also an excellent passer which Noah is as well. So not only would we have the best rebounding C-PF combo in the league but also the best pass C-PF combo in the league.

Rose
Butler
Deng
Love
Noah

Competes for championships for however long they are together.
Add some three point shooting and some size to the bench and we're set.

I prefer Cousins over Love. That being said, you're right that Sac probably wouldn't give him up, particularly for the contracts being offered. It really all depends on how the FO views him. Is he an immensely talented, but flawed (head-case) player, on whom they are willing to give up? Or do they still view him as their future?

As for trading for Love, and then your proposed lineup of Rose, Butler, Deng, Love, Noah... Who are we trading to get Love? Boozer and who? A pick and the rights to Mirotic? I'd love that trade. Love it. We lose absolutely nothing of consequence... which means that the other team is not that likely to accept. ...Unless David Kahn is still GM.

ljsbb27
06-14-2013, 02:11 PM
I prefer Cousins over Love. That being said, you're right that Sac probably wouldn't give him up, particularly for the contracts being offered. It really all depends on how the FO views him. Is he an immensely talented, but flawed (head-case) player, on whom they are willing to give up? Or do they still view him as their future?

As for trading for Love, and then your proposed lineup of Rose, Butler, Deng, Love, Noah... Who are we trading to get Love? Boozer and who? A pick and the rights to Mirotic? I'd love that trade. Love it. We lose absolutely nothing of consequence... which means that the other team is not that likely to accept. ...Unless David Kahn is still GM.

Boozer, Mirotic and the Charlotte pick.

kshutts1
06-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Boozer, Mirotic and the Charlotte pick.

If I were Wolves GM I'd laugh at that offer... but I don't value unproven "assets" as much as most (stupid) GMs do. And quite frankly, Boozer's contract is bad enough where most teams would insist on a pick anyway, just for taking him off our hands.

I just don't understand trading a good star player (Love) for assets.... which you hope turn in to a good star player. Why trade away what you ultimately want the assets to turn in to? Makes no sense, unless you're rebuilding.. but then look at how Love is locked in for a couple more years, and the team has a solid young nucleus. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Go Getter
06-15-2013, 03:22 PM
If I were Wolves GM I'd laugh at that offer... but I don't value unproven "assets" as much as most (stupid) GMs do. And quite frankly, Boozer's contract is bad enough where most teams would insist on a pick anyway, just for taking him off our hands.

I just don't understand trading a good star player (Love) for assets.... which you hope turn in to a good star player. Why trade away what you ultimately want the assets to turn in to? Makes no sense, unless you're rebuilding.. but then look at how Love is locked in for a couple more years, and the team has a solid young nucleus. Just doesn't make sense to me.
They have a solid nucleus that won't make any big waves unless they make some moves. Rubio/Love/etc is a good combo but nothing that will ever sniff a title.

kshutts1
06-15-2013, 03:36 PM
They have a solid nucleus that won't make any big waves unless they make some moves. Rubio/Love/etc is a good combo but nothing that will ever sniff a title.

Rubio, Love, Pek may "never sniff a title" so long as their supporting cast stays the same...

But what happens if/when they add quality SG and SF to the rotation, plus a strong backup big man?

Every team needs 2-3 stars (Wolves potentially have 2, depending on Rubio's development) and some strong complimentary pieces (Wolves currently only have 2.. Pek and Ridnour as a great PG off the bench). They are lacking more in complimentary than they are in star, IMO.

Edit: Sign: Redick, Iggy, Barnes, Dalembert. Suddenly they have a solid rotation. If Rubio develops into a star (aka: Shoots 42-47%, hits 35-40% from 3, maintains assists and steals) then that's a pretty formidable lineup

ConanRulesNBC
06-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Wolves aren't really going anywhere. I think they need to rebuild and the Bulls offering them a good deal for Love would make sense. Honestly, I don't care about Mirotic. Yeah, he seems like a solid player. But he's yet to play in the NBA. If the Bulls get a chance to package him in a deal for a proven superstar player like Kevin Love I would really hope they would take it.

Noah
Love
Deng
Butler
Rose

That's a possible championship next season. Miami would get DESTROYED by that lineup. They'd have absolutely no answer for a front court of Love and Noah and Rose will dominate them at the point guard position and Butler will stop Wade. Deng does a great job on LeBron. I would freaking love to see that lineup next season.

Go Getter
06-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Rubio, Love, Pek may "never sniff a title" so long as their supporting cast stays the same...

But what happens if/when they add quality SG and SF to the rotation, plus a strong backup big man?

Every team needs 2-3 stars (Wolves potentially have 2, depending on Rubio's development) and some strong complimentary pieces (Wolves currently only have 2.. Pek and Ridnour as a great PG off the bench). They are lacking more in complimentary than they are in star, IMO.

Edit: Sign: Redick, Iggy, Barnes, Dalembert. Suddenly they have a solid rotation. If Rubio develops into a star (aka: Shoots 42-47%, hits 35-40% from 3, maintains assists and steals) then that's a pretty formidable lineup

Not saying they are scrubs because I kinda like all three of their games but compare that team with the top 3 or 4 teams of the NBA every year and they don't measure up. Having those three as your team's best is not going to make any waves in the NBA it looks like.

ConanRulesNBC
06-15-2013, 09:02 PM
I heard Igouldala could opt out and become a FA this offseason. What if the Bulls traded Deng + Boozer + Mirotic + Charlotte's pick for Love and then signed Igouldala?

C: Noah
PF: Love
SF: Butler
SG: Igouldala
PG: Rose

ljsbb27
06-16-2013, 11:18 AM

Love has said to be very frustrated with the situation in Minnesota. He's been there for a number of years and hasn't really had any success. Being on the Olympic Team and being an All-Star has had him being surrounded by a lot of other star players who have all done some winning in this league or at least been to the playoffs a couple of times. Sure Rubio is a decent player, but I don't see him ever being an All-Star.

Love wants to play with another star and him and Derrick have a good relationship and even train together in the offseason.
I'm not saying Love coming here would happen because of these reasons, but it is a possibility.

Minnesota would be willing to trade him if they believe he's inclined to leave them they won't want to lose him for nothing.

Boozer will be a big expiring contract and in the mean time can still produce a double-double on a team like the Wolves.
Mirotic is a young guy with some potential who plays on the Spain national team with Rubio I believe. If Love leaves Rubio will be the face of the franchise and they will want to keep him happy. Bringing in Mirotic might do just that.
Charlotte pick could end up being a very high pick in a high quality draft.
I would even throw in an additional future 1st of ours.

Not saying it would definitely 100% be accepted. But I don't think the Timberwolves laugh at this offer by any means. I think they would strongly consider it.

ljsbb27
06-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Seems Orlando might be willing to trade Afflalo.

They're in complete rebuild mode.

Maybe they'd do it for Richard Hamilton and a future 1st so they could buy out Rip's contract and get away from Afflalo's.

kshutts1
06-17-2013, 09:14 AM
In reference to the multiple Love responses... I will never agree with teams trading young stars for unproven assets. I understand why they do, and I understand that most WILL do it, it is just the most illogical trade possible in my mind. So while the trade posted, and the multiple explanations of it, make perfect sense based on our current NBA and the decisions that have been made before... I just believe it would be really stupid for Minnesota to do that. Again, though, I'm not their GM. And I would LOVE it for the Bulls. I'd be happier as a Bulls fan than I have been in a long, long time.

Short of the aforementioned blockbuster for Love, though, Redick is my preferred target. I think he'd do really well on our team, and in our schemes. Just need to figure out how to get him.

ConanRulesNBC
06-17-2013, 10:29 AM
In reference to the multiple Love responses... I will never agree with teams trading young stars for unproven assets. I understand why they do, and I understand that most WILL do it, it is just the most illogical trade possible in my mind. So while the trade posted, and the multiple explanations of it, make perfect sense based on our current NBA and the decisions that have been made before... I just believe it would be really stupid for Minnesota to do that. Again, though, I'm not their GM. And I would LOVE it for the Bulls. I'd be happier as a Bulls fan than I have been in a long, long time.

Short of the aforementioned blockbuster for Love, though, Redick is my preferred target. I think he'd do really well on our team, and in our schemes. Just need to figure out how to get him.

Getting Redick would be nice. Again, it opens up a chance for the Bulls to trade Luol Deng. Butler can start at the 3, Redick at the 2.

kshutts1
06-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Getting Redick would be nice. Again, it opens up a chance for the Bulls to trade Luol Deng. Butler can start at the 3, Redick at the 2.

Would love that. And I think Sac is a good destination for Deng, in the sense that they're a young team with tons of "me" players... Luol is a solid guy and player, and would fit in well without demanding anything. ....And I really like Thornton as a player, and want him on the Bulls.