PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing playoffs.

SnakePlissken
05-16-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't know how any true fan could not be disappointed with the playoffs this season. So many injuries to so many top players robbed us of some potentially great series. If Rondo and the Celtics and Rose, Hinrich and Deng and the Bulls were healthy things could have gone a lot different. Out west you had Westbrook go down, things would have been a lot different if he was still healthy.

ripthekik
05-16-2013, 07:33 PM
agreed.. but I have felt this way before the playoffs even started..

3 or 4 of the top 10 players are out because of injury.. this playoffs is just.. :facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
05-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Too many injuries to MARQUEE players:

Kobe
D-Rose
D-Wade
Westbrook
Rondo

It's a really anti-climactic playoffs. The Grizzlies, Spurs, and Pacers are so boring to watch.

kurple
05-16-2013, 07:36 PM
i love watching SAS, Indy and Memphis play

playing basketball and not isoball

SnakePlissken
05-16-2013, 07:37 PM
I knew there was one more I was missing. Yeah, Kobe on the Lakers in that series would have changed the whole thing possibly.

SamuraiSWISH
05-16-2013, 07:39 PM

You call it that ... I see no transcendent talents that can compete with LeBron in the ECF or Finals.

Team ball is boring. You can have great team ball, while also having exciting players. You can have your cake and eat it too.

The Spurs best players are so boring to watch. TP is the most basic of players, and Duncan has never had a dramatic compelling flare to his game.

Doesn't help the Heat have both Wade and LeBron on their team. I mean if Wade was healthy, it would be fun watching him trying to carry his own team.

ElPigto
05-16-2013, 07:44 PM
The playoffs have been great. Bunch of whack ass fools that only follow superstars. I agree with you all, having Rose, Kobe, etc not injured would have been great, but it's not as if a lot of these games have not been competitive.

Zedja
05-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Too many injuries to MARQUEE players:

Kobe
D-Rose
D-Wade
Westbrook
Rondo

It's a really anti-climactic playoffs. The Grizzlies, Spurs, and Pacers are so boring to watch.
The Grizzlies are an exciting team to watch...

kurple
05-16-2013, 07:47 PM
You call it that ... I see no transcendent talents that can compete with LeBron in the ECF or Finals.

Team ball is boring. You can have great team ball, while also having exciting players. You can have your cake and eat it too.

The Spurs best players are so boring to watch. TP is the most basic of players, and Duncan has never had a dramatic compelling flare to his game.

Doesn't help the Heat have both Wade and LeBron on their team. I mean if Wade was healthy, it would be fun watching him trying to carry his own team.
how old are you? 12?

basketball isnt about being fun to watch. its about winning

JimmyMcAdocious
05-16-2013, 07:48 PM
imo, the same fan that only cares for superstar doesn't even pay attention to what happens off the ball.

niko
05-16-2013, 07:49 PM

Indy is horrific on offense, specifically when they try to run. They've been awful on offense in this series, we've just been awfuler (if that's a word).

Legends66NBA7
05-16-2013, 07:51 PM
The NBA Finals will take a nose dive in ratings, if the Pacers and Grizzlies meet up. Both the best defensive teams in the league, but outside many of the hardcore fans, not many are tuning in.

LongLiveTheKing
05-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Only boring series out of the Semi-finals was Indiana/NYK.

mans1ay3r
05-16-2013, 08:03 PM
The playoffs have still been entertaining but too many injuries for sure.

SacJB Shady
05-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Lebron ruined the NBA

outbreak
05-16-2013, 08:07 PM
never understood how someone can be a basketball fan but only enjoy isos and dunks and find team ball boring. Your pretty much admitting you know nothing about basketball and just enjoy the highlights. Watch espn and don't watch basketball then? There's so much going on to watch on a team that's running good plays, you don't just watch the ball handler the whole time.

SamuraiSWISH
05-16-2013, 08:08 PM
basketball isnt about being fun to watch. its about winning
If you're playing it's about winning. If you're watching, it's clearly about entertainment value. Have you seen the officiating in recent years? LOL @ it being about pure sport of winners / losers. Team ball is for college. I want to see transcendent and captivating talents in the NBA.

toooo
05-16-2013, 08:09 PM
The playoffs have been great....

Wavves
05-16-2013, 08:10 PM
The playoffs have been great. Bunch of whack ass fools that only follow superstars. I agree with you all, having Rose, Kobe, etc not injured would have been great, but it's not as if a lot of these games have not been competitive.

This.

outbreak
05-16-2013, 08:11 PM
If you're playing it's about winning. If you're watching, it's clearly about entertainment value. Have you seen the officiating in recent years? LOL @ it being about pure sport of winners / losers. Team ball is for college. I want to see transcendent and captivating talents in the NBA.

translation:

I have no idea about the screening/positioning/spacing that's going on in a real play. I like watching dunks and drives and people going 1 on 1 every play!

SamuraiSWISH
05-16-2013, 08:12 PM
translation:

I have no idea about the screening/positioning/spacing that's going on in a real play. I like watching dunks and drives and people going 1 on 1 every play!
LOL ... if that's the way you want spin this, go for it.

Heavincent
05-16-2013, 08:19 PM
2011 playoffs might have been the most exciting of the last 10 years. Just about every series in the west was epic and Dirk was going apeshit leading the underdog Mavs.

This year has been pretty crappy though.

The Choken One
05-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Only team interesting to watch is the Warriors.

The Splash Bros > NBA

SacJB Shady
05-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Only team interesting to watch is the Warriors.

The Splash Bros > NBA

agree

kurple
05-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Indy is horrific on offense, specifically when they try to run. They've been awful on offense in this series, we've just been awfuler (if that's a word).
true, but i've always been a sucker for defense

strange considering i'm a nuggets fan

MARLO
05-16-2013, 09:00 PM
The western conference playoffs have been great, the eastern conference has been

SnakePlissken
05-16-2013, 09:05 PM
2011 playoffs might have been the most exciting of the last 10 years. Just about every series in the west was epic and Dirk was going apeshit leading the underdog Mavs.

This year has been pretty crappy though.

This.

thefatmiral
05-16-2013, 09:14 PM
Coaches shouldn't have ran their stars into the ground. But just because the star player is in doesn't mean it changes everything. Carmelo isn't doing shit for knicks, kobes lakers barely made it too the playoffs. I would have preffered knicks vs miami though.

nosfan773
05-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Yeah its been a letdown as a whole but there are some bright spots. This GSW series has been one of the most entertaining ones my dudes have played in a while.

Doctor Rivers
05-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Lebron ruined the NBA

nah