PDA

View Full Version : do air jordan releases still draw a long line?

HardwoodLegend
05-18-2013, 09:39 PM
I would have posted this in Sneaker forum, but it's dead and this is more of a sociological question. Are people still flocking to shoe stores for these things, or has the hype died down?

I haven't ever owned a pair, but I kind of want to buy the fire red 5's when they drop in late August.

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/air-jordan-5-retro-fire-reds.jpg

Rake2204
05-18-2013, 09:46 PM
I think it depends upon the release. My little brother tried to snag a popular pair on release day a few months ago. He woke up at like, 5am, and they had the whole system set up where he was given a number and all of that. Then when it was his turn they were out of his size.

Personally, I've never lined up for any Jordans. The ones I've wanted, I've actually been able to purchase at 12:00:01 on Eastbay on day of its release.

On the topic of the shoes you desire, I love V's. They were my first pair of Jordans and I've purchased three additional V's since.

CelticBaller
05-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Yes dude. I rather wake up at 7 am and wait for the online release at 8 am. Unless you plan on buying a tent

KB8tHeGrEaT
05-18-2013, 10:05 PM
I would have posted this in Sneaker forum, but it's dead and this is more of a sociological question. Are people still flocking to shoe stores for these things, or has the hype died down?

I haven't ever owned a pair, but I kind of want to buy the fire red 5's when they drop in late August.

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/air-jordan-5-retro-fire-reds.jpg

Bro i got those from like 2004 release the bottom turns piss yellow and now they make the bottom with this blue tint doesn't look good with the red they are nick named fire reds 5s for a reason.

and to answer your question yes people camp out still for retros like crazy so make sure u buy in the release date or you will be sorry when they sell out.

EDIT: 2006 release i meant. Oh and by the way they look better with black laces for an alternative look. Your welcome.

RoseCity07
05-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Yeah they draw huge lines. One time I went to Lloyd Mall here in Portland and people had broken into the mall. They were running around hiding from security just so they could get a head start when the outside doors open.

One stupid thing I did was leave when they ran out of my size. I should have bought the last pair in size 13 and sold it on Ebay.

MetsPackers
05-18-2013, 11:29 PM
I've never waited in a line for J's but they have been my everyday sneaker for like the last 10 years. I love em, they never go out of style. I've seen some dope fvckin pairs of shoes that people have waited in lines for, but i'm just not about that. There have been so many released that you can always find a new pair you like

This kid in one of my classes waited in line for the latest "Air Yeezys", which I thought were some nice lookin shoes, for like 2 days. Then he hardly ever wears them cause he's worried something will happen to em :roll: God forbid he ever played ball in em. I don't do that though i'm not shoe cleanliness conscious

HardwoodLegend
05-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Bro i got those from like 2004 release the bottom turns piss yellow and now they make the bottom with this blue tint doesn't look good with the red they are nick named fire reds 5s for a reason.

and to answer your question yes people camp out still for retros like crazy so make sure u buy in the release date or you will be sorry when they sell out.

EDIT: 2006 release i meant. Oh and by the way they look better with black laces for an alternative look. Your welcome.

Ah, that sucks. Good lookin out. I'll probably either get the Cement 3's coming out next week or the Grape 5's coming out in mid June.

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/air-jordan-releases-february-2013-045.jpg

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/jordan-brand-june-2013-footwear-rd-page-1.jpg

Probably end up getting the Grape's since I'm not keen on spending $200 on a pair of white shoes that get dirtier sooner.

I don't know why the Jordan Flight Luminaries aren't more popular though. They look better than most of the Air Jordan retro designs, imo.

Price dropped to $99 too.

http://www.nike.com/jumpman23/images/footwear/viewlowres/551820-005_a.jpg

HardwoodLegend
05-18-2013, 11:52 PM
There have been so many released that you can always find a new pair you like

How do you know the sellers are legit and not pushing fakes though?

This kid in one of my classes waited in line for the latest "Air Yeezys", which I thought were some nice lookin shoes, for like 2 days. Then he hardly ever wears them cause he's worried something will happen to em :roll: God forbid he ever played ball in em. I don't do that though i'm not shoe cleanliness conscious

LOL, sounds like me.

I'm obsessive about keeping shoes clean.

How much were those Air Yeezy's he copped?

HardwoodLegend
05-19-2013, 09:16 PM
If you press "Add to Cart" the second it releases on an online retailer, does it automatically belong to you if it goes in the cart? Or, do you have to check-out faster than someone else who may also have it in the cart?

I've never had to do this trigger-finger purchasing until now that I'm interested in Air Jordan's, lol.

Rake2204
05-19-2013, 10:38 PM
If you press "Add to Cart" the second it releases on an online retailer, does it automatically belong to you if it goes in the cart? Or, do you have to check-out faster than someone else who may also have it in the cart?

I've never had to do this trigger-finger purchasing until now that I'm interested in Air Jordan's, lol.I've only done it twice and I wasn't exactly sure of the science/technology behind it. Both times, I clicked the minute the countdown expired and was placed in a "line", where I had to wait several minutes for my request to be processed (a website window explained as such). It worked each time, but I imagine it does not work for everyone.

CelticBaller
05-20-2013, 05:19 PM

I've never had to do this trigger-finger purchasing until now that I'm interested in Air Jordan's, lol.
No, In foot locker/eastbay its not until you actually go through the check out, same with finishline. Nike.com though holds it for you when you actually in the checking out process unlike finishline.

SCREWstonRockets
05-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Been picking up Jordans since I was 9 years old, back in '94. Never waited it line. Before you didn't have to, you could go the next day and you could pick up. Hypebeast and resellers make it so hard to get shoes now. These days, ill either try my luck with raffles or I just try online at the comfort of my own home.

Some tips, follow Nike, Finishline and Eastbay on twitter. Once Saturday, 7AM comes along, they will tweet out links to the shoes. Be fast. You should already be logged into those sites and have your cc info ready if its not stored. I usually go Nike first because I like their checkout better. At the end of the day, it's all about luck.

HardwoodLegend
05-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Been picking up Jordans since I was 9 years old, back in '94. Never waited it line. Before you didn't have to, you could go the next day and you could pick up. Hypebeast and resellers make it so hard to get shoes now. These days, ill either try my luck with raffles or I just try online at the comfort of my own home.

Some tips, follow Nike, Finishline and Eastbay on twitter. Once Saturday, 7AM comes along, they will tweet out links to the shoes. Be fast. You should already be logged into those sites and have your cc info ready if its not stored. I usually go Nike first because I like their checkout better. At the end of the day, it's all about luck.

Around 7AM, I will be on the sites searching for the shoes anyway, so the pages should be up by then.

I really wish they did this at 8AM PT though to make it fair for the West Coast.

HardwoodLegend
05-23-2013, 01:30 AM
Best J's ever. Can't wait for June 15th.

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/BlackGrapeJordan5-2.png

You ever own those, Screwston?

Rake2204
05-23-2013, 09:19 AM

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/BlackGrapeJordan5-2.png

You ever own those, Screwston?The three I've had over the years. I'm currently wearing the ones on top.

http://6.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Midnight-Navy-Release-Date-1.jpeg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lmFkW8ia2to/TBfYOs-BdWI/AAAAAAAAACs/Qy38Sc3CnbY/s1600/jordanV-blue3.jpg

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/air-jordan-5-retro-metallic-silver.jpg

HardwoodLegend
05-24-2013, 01:15 AM
The three I've had over the years. I'm currently wearing the ones on top.

http://6.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Midnight-Navy-Release-Date-1.jpeg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lmFkW8ia2to/TBfYOs-BdWI/AAAAAAAAACs/Qy38Sc3CnbY/s1600/jordanV-blue3.jpg

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/air-jordan-5-retro-metallic-silver.jpg

Nice. I see you tend to favor whites. I'm more partial to black.

I missed the raffle for these coming out on Saturday :cry:

Hopefully some pairs will be forfeited and up for grabs.

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Air-Jordan-III-3-Retro-Joker-All-Star--600x387.jpg

El Kabong
05-24-2013, 02:12 AM
They draw lines over here i'm told. I work with a guy who collects them (He's got like 60 pairs or some ridiculous amount). Has to do the early morning lineup to get a pair.

Rake2204
05-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Nice. I see you tend to favor whites. I'm more partial to black.

I missed the raffle for these coming out on Saturday :cry:

Hopefully some pairs will be forfeited and up for grabs.

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Air-Jordan-III-3-Retro-Joker-All-Star--600x387.jpgYeah, black shoes tend to make my feet look huge so I stick to the cleaner look. I like those black and purple V's you're chasing though. Not as much a fan of the III's you just posted though. But again, probably because I prefer the lighter colors. Like these:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1SSQ5gIep4w/Tem_6jLmvFI/AAAAAAAAAHk/R1sOz00YPeo/s1600/Jordan+3.jpg

HardwoodLegend
05-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Yeah, black shoes tend to make my feet look huge so I stick to the cleaner look. I like those black and purple V's you're chasing though. Not as much a fan of the III's you just posted though. But again, probably because I prefer the lighter colors. Like these:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1SSQ5gIep4w/Tem_6jLmvFI/AAAAAAAAAHk/R1sOz00YPeo/s1600/Jordan+3.jpg

Those are fire too.

Do you do anything special to keep your whites clean? I worry about them getting dirty easier. Are the shoe cleaners in the can worth it or do you just stick to damp cloths?

hateraid
05-24-2013, 12:25 PM
People who line-up for Jordans today are fools. All you have to do is wait a couple of years and they will retro them...again, Then again!
I feel so violated but what the Jordan corperation has done with the retro collection. From all the loss sleep and constant research, relationship building that I've worked for to build my collection, all I had to do was wait and it gets retroed over and over. And trust me, the quality gets worse, and they charge more.
The shoes I've collected over the years I used to be able to be able to get at least double the value at the time, now I'm lucky to get retail. I tried to sell a guy an OG pair or retro XI cool greys a couple of Chrsimats's ago and kid was like, naw, I'm just going to line up for the retros.
To put into perspective how much demand is for Jordans, go to any open gym and check out what kicks people are wearing. It's all about Kobe's, Adidas, KD's....nobody wears Jordans anymore. Only collectors and resellers. Jordan is dead to me. i've even put my shoes on consignment trying to unload them.

HardwoodLegend
05-24-2013, 12:35 PM
People who line-up for Jordans today are fools. All you have to do is wait a couple of years and they will retro them...again, Then again!

Every retro release is highly anticipated and forces a buyer to line up though. Especially when you have rappers who send out their cliques to buy multiple pairs for them since it's limited to 1 per customer.

And, yeah, it's a shame about the declining quality. Are these things even comfortable to wear anymore? Jordans used to feel so luxurious and plush on the feet. I haven't tried on a pair in over a decade, so I have no idea how these modern retros feel.

hateraid
05-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Every retro release is highly anticipated and forces a buyer to line up though. Especially when you have rappers who send out their cliques to buy multiple pairs for them since it's limited to 1 per customer.

And, yeah, it's a shame about the declining quality. Are these things even comfortable to wear anymore? Jordans used to feel so luxurious and plush on the feet. I haven't tried on a pair in over a decade, so I have no idea how these modern retros feel.

They aren't assembled for durability anymore. The stitching is more made for the mantle, the material for casual walking. Yet they charge more because they are sought after from collectors. what the collectors don't realize the value no longer and hasn't been therein the last 5 years. I'll keep certain pairs just for the nostalgia and sentiment, but no longer does my collection hold value.

As for comfort, today's technology has far surpassed anything made before it. Shoes are lighter, more breathable, and more comfortable that they've ever been. I'd wear my Derrick rose all-stars over my AJ XI 10 out of 10 times any day.
Here's my collection (this was in 2005 so I've grown it since then) if you're interested, and it doesn't include my And 1's, adiadas, pumus, Fila, converse, and non-jordan stuff.

http://www.slideroll.com/show.php?s=ha1wm9jq

BTW, HWL, you've become somewhat of my predecessor on here. You're a supplement junkie, a shoe junkie, you have the same demenor, you're like the little bro I've never had on here. :cheers:

SCREWstonRockets
05-24-2013, 01:51 PM

You ever own those, Screwston?

Nope, never had those. Hope to snag them this time. They supposedly limited so might be more difficult to get.

I feel so violated but what the Jordan corperation has done with the retro collection. From all the loss sleep and constant research, relationship building that I've worked for to build my collection, all I had to do was wait and it gets retroed over and over. And trust me, the quality gets worse, and they charge more.

Yes, they retro every few years but depending where you live, there will still be a line when they retro whatever shoe again. You're kidding yourself if you think that waiting for the next time they retro, won't be a line. Might be an even bigger line with the way things have been going.

To put into perspective how much demand is for Jordans, go to any open gym and check out what kicks people are wearing. It's all about Kobe's, Adidas, KD's....nobody wears Jordans anymore. Only collectors and resellers. Jordan is dead to me. i've even put my shoes on consignment trying to unload them.

:lol that's because those Kobe's, KDs, Lebrons have much better technology for basketball shoes. These Jordan Retros were made in the 90s. Most people don't wear them to hoop, but for casual.

I wish you were right but The demand is still there, if not even bigger. Just about every OG retro sells out and people line up every time they drop. Where I live, everyone still wears Jordans. Still creates ridiculous hype that you don't see with other brands. DS space jams still go for $300+

And I'm glad some resell prices have gone down. If people would just stop paying over retail for a pair of sneakers, these resellers would be out of business and have a room full of unsold sneakers. Then again, JB could just make more pairs and that would solve many problems.

Rake2204
05-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Those are fire too.

Do you do anything special to keep your whites clean? I worry about them getting dirty easier. Are the shoe cleaners in the can worth it or do you just stick to damp cloths?I don't do anything special but my little brother owns all sorts of chemicals and cleaners and whatnot. He was buying shoes second hand and refurbishing them for a while. I'd have to check exactly what he uses.

Personally, I buy the Jordans to wear them. It's kind of tough to get down to wearing them for the first time, because I hate breaking up the pristine beauty, but the original reason I ever bought a pair was to play in them, so I'm not sure I could convince myself to spend that kind of money and not get maximum use. And so, I kind of just accept their wear and tear. I rock 'em until they become too slick for indoor use, then I wear them outside until the toe rips through.

My newest V's actually broke in pretty well. I've had bigger problems with my BB4 retros. The few times I've tried to play in them, they've hurt pretty good.

These, it feels like my foot is going to fall out every time I take a step::

http://www.kixandthecity.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/IMG_6218-580x386.jpg

hateraid
05-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Yes, they retro every few years but depending where you live, there will still be a line when they retro whatever shoe again. You're kidding yourself if you think that waiting for the next time they retro, won't be a line. Might be an even bigger line with the way things have been going.

There are line-ups for some of the iconic pairs ie: XI cool greys, space jams, concordes, III fire reds... nobody is lining up for shoes like the V grapes and other off colorways anymore, at least not around here. And if you look at the people who are lining up, yes they are fools, maybe more like sheep, herding to something they think has value. If they were smart they could probably research and get an OG pair off Flighclub or ebay. But comparing to the line-ups back in the time of the original OG retros, that was when it was the pinnacle of collecting.

:lol that's because those Kobe's, KDs, Lebrons have much better technology for basketball shoes. These Jordan Retros were made in the 90s. Most people don't wear them to hoop, but for casual.

Same could be said of the early 2000. Shoe technology had been getting better, at least better than some of the retros coming out. But you still saw more people rocking III's or IX's on the court over some of the more technologically advanced Flights or Huraches. If it was still a respected brand ballers would still wear them over today's current shoes. If it was still a respected brand the current Jordans would be in demand IE CP3 or Melos.

I wish you were right but The demand is still there, if not even bigger. Just about every OG retro sells out and people line up every time they drop. Where I live, everyone still wears Jordans. Still creates ridiculous hype that you don't see with other brands. DS space jams still go for $300+

The landscape of the people buying now has completely changed. It's not the shoeheads or basketball players, it's resellers and hipsters that buy the shoes now. I just recently unloaded some space jams for $300. I told the guy to meet me at the gym. He meets me and the kid looked like a total hipster. Even rode in on his skateboard. Inspected the shoes and looked for the typical collector things and gives me what I asked. I asked him if he wanted to stick around and play. he says naw man, I don't play ball. :wtf: these are the people lining up.

And I'm glad some resell prices have gone down. If people would just stop paying over retail for a pair of sneakers, these resellers would be out of business and have a room full of unsold sneakers. Then again, JB could just make more pairs and that would solve many problems.

I wish they did, or just quit the retro game all together and just focus on marketing, aquiring new athletes and building the brand. I bet if the did that they could sell any iconic retro for $500 a pair every ten years and sell twice as many units and still carry a reputable brand for basketballers.

SCREWstonRockets
05-25-2013, 01:14 PM
There are line-ups for some of the iconic pairs ie: XI cool greys, space jams, concordes, III fire reds... nobody is lining up for shoes like the V grapes and other off colorways anymore, at least not around here. And if you look at the people who are lining up, yes they are fools, maybe more like sheep, herding to something they think has value. If they were smart they could probably research and get an OG pair off Flighclub or ebay. But comparing to the line-ups back in the time of the original OG retros, that was when it was the pinnacle of collecting.

I guess it just depends where you live. The Grape Vs were highly sought after here. As for lining up, if that's how they are being released, people line up. But for safety reasons, most releases herenhave been either raffle or RSVP.

I love sneakers but not enough to pay flightclub and eBay resell prices :lol

The landscape of the people buying now has completely changed. It's not the shoeheads or basketball players, it's resellers and hipsters that buy the shoes now. I just recently unloaded some space jams for $300. I told the guy to meet me at the gym. He meets me and the kid looked like a total hipster. Even rode in on his skateboard. Inspected the shoes and looked for the typical collector things and gives me what I asked. I asked him if he wanted to stick around and play. he says naw man, I don't play ball. :wtf: these are the people lining up.
Completely agree. I have some friends, who use to tease me in high school for always picking up Jordans. Well these days those same friends are all about Jordans :facepalm

I wish they did, or just quit the retro game all together and just focus on marketing, aquiring new athletes and building the brand. I bet if the did that they could sell any iconic retro for $500 a pair every ten years and sell twice as many units and still carry a reputable brand for basketballers.

Highly disagree here. I absolutely love the Retro collection. To me, they're the best looking sneakers. Simple but at the same time, fashionable. I don't like a lot of these new sneakers today because some just have too much going on. I'll hoop in them, but wear Jordans when I go out.

Not even just Jordan Retros, but everybody else bringing back classics. This year has been great for a retro lover like me as they've brought back the Fila Grant Hills, RBK Shaq Attaqs and the Answer/Question line. And later this year, the Dikembes :rockon:

As for new athletes and such, they do have Melo and CP3 signature shoes and D Wade before he left for Li Ning. I believe Blake Griffin is with Jordan as well. Problem is, Jordan is such an iconic brand, that's it hard for someone else come out from under the shadows of Jordan brand. You can see how the Lebron and Kobe signature lines have been successful.

There have been some nice non Jordan Retros, they just don't get much love because they are not Retros. Which is fine with me because I don't buy my kicks based on hype.

hateraid
05-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Highly disagree here. I absolutely love the Retro collection. To me, they're the best looking sneakers. Simple but at the same time, fashionable. I don't like a lot of these new sneakers today because some just have too much going on. I'll hoop in them, but wear Jordans when I go out.

Not even just Jordan Retros, but everybody else bringing back classics. This year has been great for a retro lover like me as they've brought back the Fila Grant Hills, RBK Shaq Attaqs and the Answer/Question line. And later this year, the Dikembes :rockon:

As for new athletes and such, they do have Melo and CP3 signature shoes and D Wade before he left for Li Ning. I believe Blake Griffin is with Jordan as well. Problem is, Jordan is such an iconic brand, that's it hard for someone else come out from under the shadows of Jordan brand. You can see how the Lebron and Kobe signature lines have been successful.

There have been some nice non Jordan Retros, they just don't get much love because they are not Retros. Which is fine with me because I don't buy my kicks based on hype.

Maybe I've become a crusty old shoehead who can't accept change. (Apparently that's my new schtick on here :lol ). When you've been collecting for over a decade I guess it gets a little disheartening to see a rerelease of something you've made an epic journey over, only to devalue what you currently have.
As for the brand in itself, I see it more as a novelty now over a premium basketball shoe brand. They used to be at the top of the basketball shoe game is the 00's. It has now become what Ice Creams and Bapes were over that period. A fashion item. This to me will kill the brand all together. Once the novelty wears off, the brand will be a sitting duck, just like Ice Creams and Bapes. We still live in a generation where the consumers still recognize Jordan the brand. This may be over soon with the next generation and the emergence of new faces in the shoe game.
KD's, Brons, Kobes, Rose will never reach that level of demand that the Jordan brand has acheived. But the shoe game as a whole will go back to the days where athletes can be endorsed despite the shoe brand. Back it the day where Nique wore Brooks, Bird and Magic wore converse, Worthy wore New Balance, The Dream wore Etonics, Dee Brown wore pumps....
But agin I'm just an old man ranting

HardwoodLegend
05-25-2013, 02:14 PM
That's the last time I wake up early trying to do an on-line Jordan purchase.

:lol

I was delusional to think it would go in my favor.

I guess it wasn't meant to be, my dear Cement 3's. :cry:

http://www.retrojordan3.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/jordan3-2.jpg

HardwoodLegend
05-25-2013, 07:17 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/d/db/dbc77f07_8654962339_ebfc5d3975.jpeg

I can't believe these sold out almost as fast as the Cement 88 AJ's.

Re-sellers and their automatic purchase bots.
:facepalm

HardwoodLegend
05-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Pretty funny vid of a guy reviewing the Air Raid II Peace Editions. An underappreciated classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR1D0R05Q8c

http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/154855/300.jpg

http://only-sneakers.ru/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/nike-air-raid-ii-peace__.jpg

SCREWstonRockets
05-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Maybe I've become a crusty old shoehead who can't accept change. (Apparently that's my new schtick on here :lol ). When you've been collecting for over a decade I guess it gets a little disheartening to see a rerelease of something you've made an epic journey over, only to devalue what you currently have.
As for the brand in itself, I see it more as a novelty now over a premium basketball shoe brand. They used to be at the top of the basketball shoe game is the 00's. It has now become what Ice Creams and Bapes were over that period. A fashion item. This to me will kill the brand all together. Once the novelty wears off, the brand will be a sitting duck, just like Ice Creams and Bapes. We still live in a generation where the consumers still recognize Jordan the brand. This may be over soon with the next generation and the emergence of new faces in the shoe game.
KD's, Brons, Kobes, Rose will never reach that level of demand that the Jordan brand has acheived. But the shoe game as a whole will go back to the days where athletes can be endorsed despite the shoe brand. Back it the day where Nique wore Brooks, Bird and Magic wore converse, Worthy wore New Balance, The Dream wore Etonics, Dee Brown wore pumps....
But agin I'm just an old man ranting

I don't blame you, if I waited in line for some sneakers, only to see them rereleased years later down the line, I wouldn't like it either. But you know what, nothing changes the fact that they are OGs and most dont have your version. Once it started where you had to line up to buy sneakers, I stopped buying. Didnt have the time or patience to wait in line. I came back once the online option opened up and could order from the comforts of home. So for a guy like me, I love that they bringing back a lot of the ones I missed out.

Not much interest in OGs because I like to wear my shoes and a lot of the OGs are not wearable. Plus those prices...

I don't see the Jordan brand going away. Comparing it to ice creams and bapes is such an insult :lol . Those were fashion trends. Jordans are as much a staple to the sneaker world as Nike, Reebok, Adidas, ect. As long as there is Nike, there will be Jordan. Too much money to be had.

And the days of athletes endorsing sneakers regardless of brand, is over. Why? Simply because Nike, Adidas and Reebok can offer X amount of money than Spaulding (I would die if they brought back those Dream Etonics). We live in a world where brands dominate. People gravitate to the popular brands. Any athlete that is deserving of his own shoe will be bought up by one one of the big companies. Like now, Cam Newton and Brandon Jennings have their own sneaker with Under Armor and most people could care less because, they are under armor.

HardwoodLegend
05-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Even though my sneaker enthusiasm is growing by the day, I don't think I'd ever evolve into a full-blown collector. I'd like to have a nice rotation to wear, but I don't see the point in keeping worn and badly aged sneakers around to admire or even try to sell.

OG's are cool in theory and interesting to examine, but who would pay top dollar for some yellowed, creased Jordan's?

Slim Thugga wearing the Crimson 3's.

Never did like these... if the purple were changed to white or cement they would be ridin.

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Slim-Thug-Air-Jordan-3-Bright-Crimson.jpg

HardwoodLegend
05-29-2013, 04:05 AM
Jordan IX worn by Penny Hardaway:

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/air-jordan-ix-9-penny-hardaway-orlando-magic-pe-3.jpg

http://7.nicekicks.com/wp/files/2011/06/penny.jpg

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/air-jordan-ix-penny-hardaway-pe-9.jpg

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/air-jordan-ix-9-penny-hardaway-orlando-magic-pe.png

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/penny-hardaway-air-jordan-9-pe-home-original-e1318046367351.jpg

Love em.

Never knew he wore those in tribute. I wish McGrady had rocked em in Orlando.

SCREWstonRockets
06-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Anyone get their pair? Check out 21 Mercer in NY, if you are still wondering about long lines....

http://cdn.niketalk.com/a/af/afe8f60b_image.jpeg

Already going for $300+ on eBay :facepalm

HardwoodLegend
06-15-2013, 07:30 PM
That line, :lol

When will it ever go out of style?

No I didn't even try for a pair. I changed my mind on them about a week back. I saw a couple youtube vid reviews of them on feet and didn't like the suede material. It has more of a furry texture to it with spots that look like scuffs. I much prefer the white Grapes if I ever got the Grape 5's. Blacks would be better if they released in leather. Or at least tolerable if they just used the smooth suede on the metallic 5's.

I'm going to try for the Playoff 8's through a raffle on the 29th. If I can't get those, I may give up on buying J's altogether until I can get a shoe store connect that will hook me up like I know they do for some people.

HardwoodLegend
06-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Rather cop these Grapes instead, tbh.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/nike_prestige_high_back.jpg

HardwoodLegend
06-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Entered 3 different raffles for the Playoff 8's coming out tomorrow. Hopefully I get a call today. I think it's a pretty wide release, so I hope I have no trouble.

What's the highest number of raffles any of you have entered for a pair?

CelticBaller
06-28-2013, 09:10 PM
i am getting them online, and I might try to snag some foams

SCREWstonRockets
06-28-2013, 10:39 PM
Got lucky man, got a guaranteed ticket for a pair of the playoff 8s on Saturday.

HardwoodLegend
06-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Got lucky man, got a guaranteed ticket for a pair of the playoff 8s on Saturday.

Nice. How many did you enter?

I got 1 call out of my 3 but wasn't able to pick up in time, so I got skipped over. These were easy to get on Nike.com though. Seems like most people who want them are having a relatively easy time getting them.

HardwoodLegend
06-29-2013, 11:48 AM
i am getting them online, and I might try to snag some foams

I'm glad I'm not into foams at all. I get stressed enough as it is over not getting the Jordans I want, so I can't imagine having stress over foams on top of that.

How many foams do you own?

HardwoodLegend
06-29-2013, 06:42 PM
A Champs Sports location near me re-opened TODAY and had all kinds of Jordan's in store since they were closed when they received their shipments back on the May 25th restocking.

Full size run of:
Bred 4
Bred 11
Bred 13
Fire Red 5
White Grape 5
Cool Grey 9
He Got Game 11
White Black Red 11 low

I'm glad more people didn't know about it before I did. I had to wait 2 hours in line behind like 30 people, and by the time I got in they only had Bred 13, White Grape 5, Cool Grey 9 and He Got Game 11 in my size.

I went with the White Grapes, but I'm gonna sell them on-line.

Really, really wanted the Bred 4 and Bred 11 to actually wear, but they were both gone before I reached the store.

We were allowed to buy 1 for each pair, and some dude in a suit at the front of the line walked out with a box of each pair in his size, :lol

L.Kizzle
06-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Jordan's are worse than crack to the black community.

HardwoodLegend
06-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Jordan's are worse than crack to the black community.

They really are. I've always known it's a ridiculous pathetic addiction I've had, but it finally dawned on me standing there waiting in line.

1st time I ever stooped so low, and I'm never doing that again. Only shoot for 1 pair each year from now on. No longer going for multiples.

Most of the people standing in line were hispanic though. Only 2 black dudes.

L.Kizzle
06-29-2013, 07:02 PM
They really are. I've always known it's a ridiculous pathetic addiction I've had, but it finally dawned on me standing there waiting in line.

1st time I ever stooped so low, and I'm never doing that again. Only shoot for 1 pair each year from now on. No longer going for multiples.

Most of the people standing in line were hispanic though. Only 2 black dudes.
You in Mexico?

HardwoodLegend
06-29-2013, 07:08 PM
You in Mexico?

Cali.

I would estimate the line was 75% hispanic and 25% asian aside from the 2 blacks.

Like 3 middle easterners too (Lebanese or Armenian, I'm guessing).

L.Kizzle
06-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Cali.

I would estimate the line was 75% hispanic and 25% asian aside from the 2 blacks.

Like 3 middle easterners too (Lebanese or Armenian, I'm guessing).
So you are in Mexico.

HardwoodLegend
06-29-2013, 08:14 PM
So you are in Mexico.

I'm in denial.

L.Kizzle
06-29-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm in denial.
Don't worry, I live in Mexico too.

9erempiree
06-29-2013, 08:24 PM
A Champs Sports location near me re-opened TODAY and had all kinds of Jordan's in store since they were closed when they received their shipments back on the May 25th restocking.

Full size run of:
Bred 4
Bred 11
Bred 13
Fire Red 5
White Grape 5
Cool Grey 9
He Got Game 11
White Black Red 11 low

I'm glad more people didn't know about it before I did. I had to wait 2 hours in line behind like 30 people, and by the time I got in they only had Bred 13, White Grape 5, Cool Grey 9 and He Got Game 11 in my size.

Really, really wanted the Bred 4 and Bred 11 to actually wear, but they were both gone before I reached the store.

We were allowed to buy 1 for each pair, and some dude in a suit at the front of the line walked out with a box of each pair in his size, :lol

Glad you finally got the grapes.

:cheers:

HardwoodLegend
06-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Glad you finally got the grapes.

Thanks man.

I thought of you and the store you mentioned as I was getting them.

LOL, pristine mint condition. I might just go ahead and wear them. Not sure yet. Still debating if I should re-sell at a premium since I'm not too fond of whites and icy soles anymore.

SCREWstonRockets
06-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Nice. How many did you enter?

I got 1 call out of my 3 but wasn't able to pick up in time, so I got skipped over. These were easy to get on Nike.com though. Seems like most people who want them are having a relatively easy time getting them.

Just that one. The local champs near me gives out guaranteed tickets a few days before the release. So I don't have to deal with raffles or anything like that. Just have to hope all tickets weren't taken up, hypebeast don't like 8s so this wasn't a stressful release :lol

HardwoodLegend
06-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Just that one. The local champs near me gives out guaranteed tickets a few days before the release. So I don't have to deal with raffles or anything like that. Just have to hope all tickets weren't taken up, hypebeast don't like 8s so this wasn't a stressful release :lol

Hopefully I can get my first guaranteed ticket at the nearby Champs next time. They start on Wednesday like all the other places do with their raffles, I assume? They don't even post the info, so it might vary.

Are there any other releases this year you're interested in? I want to be done for the year, but I really love the idea of getting Black Shadow 1, Bred 1, and/or Taxi 11.

I'm still a fiend who wants to quit but is undergoing withdrawal symptoms.

CelticBaller
06-30-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm glad I'm not into foams at all. I get stressed enough as it is over not getting the Jordans I want, so I can't imagine having stress over foams on top of that.

How many foams do you own?
I own 5 pairs of foams, wasn't able to get the last one though, been having terrible luck online.

Foams I own
Metallic Reds
Royal Blues
Crimson
Beat up Coppers
Stealth

HardwoodLegend
06-30-2013, 06:14 PM
I can't get over seeing that dude walk out of Champs with 8 boxes of different Jordan's. That must be some kind of mall shoe store record, because there probably hasn't been another unique circumstance where they had that number of J's in stock at once.

I own 5 pairs of foams, wasn't able to get the last one though, been having terrible luck online.

Foams I own
Metallic Reds
Royal Blues
Crimson
Beat up Coppers
Stealth

Even though I'm not into foams, I'd rather have all those you have over this latest release. It was a weak one. Probably better off waiting 'til the next anyway.

How'd you do with the Jordan's online? I was able to get a pair, and I have the worst online luck, it seems.

G-Funk
07-01-2013, 12:09 AM
So you are in Mexico.
u in africa, my nigg?

G-Funk
07-01-2013, 12:17 AM
which ones r coming out next?

L.Kizzle
07-01-2013, 12:20 AM
u in africa, my nigg?
Mexicans don't live in Africa.

HardwoodLegend
07-01-2013, 02:27 AM
which ones r coming out next?

Toro Bravo IV
July 13th

http://www.highsnobiety.com/files/2013/03/air-jordan-4-toro-bravo-1.jpg

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ToroBravo-600x399.jpg

G-Funk
07-01-2013, 05:57 AM
Toro Bravo IV
July 13th

http://www.highsnobiety.com/files/2013/03/air-jordan-4-toro-bravo-1.jpg

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ToroBravo-600x399.jpg
Is this the only Colorway they will come out in?

heavensdevil
07-01-2013, 11:01 AM

lucky bastard... just scooped the KD5 Elites (Blue), Lebron X low crimson and the 8's... all have sick quality.

heavensdevil
07-01-2013, 11:02 AM

The Green Glows come out in August.

HardwoodLegend
07-01-2013, 11:49 AM

Yeah, it's usually one shoe in one colorway on release dates.

HardwoodLegend
07-01-2013, 11:52 AM
lucky bastard... just scooped the KD5 Elites (Blue), Lebron X low crimson and the 8's... all have sick quality.

Nice pick-ups you got.

I was feeling lucky until I didn't get what I wanted and had to settle on a fallback shoe.

The fallback shoe I got is one that a lot of people really wanted though.

I'm happy I got the 8's online though. Can't wait til it arrives.

hateraid
07-01-2013, 12:50 PM

Full size run of:
Bred 4
Bred 11
Bred 13
Fire Red 5
White Grape 5
Cool Grey 9
He Got Game 11
White Black Red 11 low

:no:
I thought you were against resellers?

heavensdevil
07-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Nice pick-ups you got.

I was feeling lucky until I didn't get what I wanted and had to settle on a fallback shoe.

The fallback shoe I got is one that a lot of people really wanted though.

I'm happy I got the 8's online though. Can't wait til it arrives.

I passed on the bred 4's and 11's earlier this year, probably would have copped those, cool grey 9's are also nice.

I have DS Fire red 5's - size 12.5, would be willing to trade if anyone is interested.

HardwoodLegend
07-01-2013, 01:24 PM
:no:
I thought you were against resellers?

I'm against buying from them, but I don't mind taking advantage of someone who doesn't have a problem with it :oldlol:

I think I'm going to go ahead and keep them though.

I was also thinking of selling through consignment with Flight Club, but I don't know how fast they can get them sold.

SilkkTheShocker
07-01-2013, 03:59 PM
The LeBron line is catching up to Jordan.

SilkkTheShocker
07-01-2013, 04:03 PM

Foams I own
Metallic Reds
Royal Blues
Crimson
Beat up Coppers
Stealth

Just got my first pair of foams last week. A pair of the foamposite pro "Gym Greens". Not my usual type of color, but they are nice.

HardwoodLegend
07-01-2013, 05:50 PM
The LeBron line is catching up to Jordan.

Why do you think that?

Last year, Jordan Brand earned $2 billion to LeBron's $300 million.

The LeBron line may cut into that gap a little bit this year, but I don't think it will be significant enough to even mention.

Referring to LeBron's shoes by their number order isn't as instantly recognizable to the general public as Jordan's either, and there aren't as many treasured models. MJ had the shoe game on lock by his 3rd shoe with those Spike Lee commercials. Connected with the public in a huge way.

HardwoodLegend
07-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Any of you get pop-up notifications from Nike Store on Twitter?

I was 30 minutes too late for their restock yesterday, but they had several models of Jordan's up for grabs as well as some LeBron's, Kobe's, etc that I wasn't paying attention to.

- '88 Cement 3's
- Black Grapes
- White Grapes
- Bugs Bunny 8's
- Playoff 8's
- Black Toe 1's
- He Got Game 13's
- Black Bottom 9's

Was trying hard for a Black Toe 1 or He Got Game 13 but no such luck. Sizes kept popping up randomly due to canceled orders, etc.

HardwoodLegend
07-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Black Bottom 9's look good as hell in person.

There are still a few sizes for anyone who might interested (Screwston, hateraid, Shade, CelticBaller). Probably will be gone by the time you see this though.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/air-jordan-9-retro-shoe/pid-678073/pgid-795134

SCREWstonRockets
07-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Yea I was about 8 minutes too late (as always) when I saw Nike tweet that. Only thing I wanted were those OG 1s and missed out.

One good thing I've heard is that Nike.com has banned some people who they know we're using "bots" to get their orders placed. So now it might be more of a level playing field when it comes to releases on Nike

Draz
07-10-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm selling a good pair of cool grey 11s and boardeox 7s

StocktonFan
07-10-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm against buying from them, but I don't mind taking advantage of someone who doesn't have a problem with it :oldlol:

I think I'm going to go ahead and keep them though.

I was also thinking of selling through consignment with Flight Club, but I don't know how fast they can get them sold.

That is called hypocrisy

HardwoodLegend
07-10-2013, 10:15 PM
That is called hypocrisy

No, that is called business.

What would be hypocrisy would be me saying, "F*ck re-sellers, I wish they would go away" while continuing to re-sell in hopes that I'm the only one doing it.

That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is I myself don't prefer to pay over retail for Jordan's. If someone else wants to? Fair game.

HardwoodLegend
07-11-2013, 02:29 AM
Amanda Bynes rockin the Playoff 8's to court:

http://5.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/IMG_3738-1024x1024.jpg

http://5.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/amanda-bynes-in-air-jordan-viii-playoffs-02-570x807-1.jpg

http://6.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/amanda-bynes-in-air-jordan-viii-playoffs-13-570x380.jpg

HardwoodLegend
07-15-2013, 01:12 AM
Some dude on Instagram straight flexin for Toro Bravo Saturday.

http://i.imgur.com/5kwpPE8.png

HardwoodLegend
07-15-2013, 01:20 AM
Shady practices at Sheikh Shoes, smh..

I wanna see a pic of this dude's entire re-selling inventory though.

http://i.imgur.com/aFRKzGy.png

http://i.imgur.com/mhdGKMw.jpg

HardwoodLegend
07-18-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm selling a good pair of cool grey 11s and boardeox 7s

I missed this post.

What size Bordeaux's and how much? Deadstock never-worn?

HardwoodLegend
07-18-2013, 06:49 PM
The hypebeasts can have the Toro Bravo and Green Glow 4's. I'm waiting on the Black Cats coming out next year.

Love all-black shoes and it looks good in the silhouette of a 4. They should be easy to get as they aren't popular enough to be an instant sell-out.

http://i.imgur.com/DK74RPel.jpg

http://www.sneakerglossary.com/pictures/Air-Jordan-4-Retro-Black-Cat-shoes.jpg

HardwoodLegend
08-01-2013, 01:31 AM
Didn't feel like driving the city for raffles this time around, but I'll try for a pair on-line Saturday. Hopefully they'll be easy to get like the Playoff 8's were. The hype doesn't seem too strong for em.

http://i.imgur.com/yWWA4Mc.jpg

HardwoodLegend
08-01-2013, 01:38 AM
I know Screwston and hateraid gonna cop these easy.

SCREWstonRockets
08-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Some dude on Instagram straight flexin for Toro Bravo Saturday.

http://i.imgur.com/5kwpPE8.png

http://i.imgur.com/mhdGKMw.jpg

Man the corniness is killing me :facepalm

:lol you already know man. Got my ticket already. OG color so I had to. Plus I like that black elephant print they added. Should be fairly easy but I can help you if you miss out.

With you on the black cats. Missed them last time so I need them. Kinda feeling these Fear 4s too

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fear-air-jordan-iv-13.jpg

9erempiree
08-01-2013, 04:56 PM
I can help you guys out too, if you need me.

PM me for release dates and I can probably get some reserved.

Every time I'm at the mall I stop by at the House of Hoops.

HardwoodLegend
08-01-2013, 05:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7yWrbvu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EvVAnCW.gif

HardwoodLegend
08-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the help, you guys. You all seem cool, but I don't know if I'd be comfortable giving out my home address on here for any shipments. :oldlol:

Maybe there could be a way to have your location reserve a pair, and I can hit up a store to have them stock locate it for me in other states or something. We'll see.

SCREWston, did you go true to size or did you size 0.5 down? I know a lot of people were planning to go 0.5 down because they don't like the way recent 3's have been fitting.

I liked the Fear 4's at first but then started to not care for them. To curb my addiction, I think I'm going to stick to OG colorways only. Otherwise, I'll be driving myself nuts for every release. That's why I decided to pass on the Shadow 1's.

KNOW1EDGE
08-01-2013, 05:38 PM
def size down .5

The 3s crease extremely easy, and run a tad big, so going down .5 will help them not crease and also just fit better.

and LOL at the corniness of those pics above. dude copping like 30 pairs of toro iv's and thinking he is cool? posing for pics? :roll:

and the dude with his dog, he has a Jordan 1 fusion and a spizike. lol

And did u guys see Colin Kapernicks "collection" dude had the 60+ and son of mars. lmao

9erempiree
08-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the help, you guys. You all seem cool, but I don't know if I'd be comfortable giving out my home address on here for any shipments. :oldlol:

Maybe there could be a way to have your location reserve a pair, and I can hit up a store to have them stock locate it for me in other states or something. We'll see.

SCREWston, did you go true to size or did you size 0.5 down? I know a lot of people were planning to go 0.5 down because they don't like the way recent 3's have been fitting.

I liked the Fear 4's at first but then started to not care for them. To curb my addiction, I think I'm going to stick to OG colorways only. Otherwise, I'll be driving myself nuts for every release. That's why I decided to pass on the Shadow 1's.

No problem. You know the HOH that I go to.

HardwoodLegend
08-01-2013, 05:54 PM
def size down .5

The 3s crease extremely easy, and run a tad big, so going down .5 will help them not crease and also just fit better.

and LOL at the corniness of those pics above. dude copping like 30 pairs of toro iv's and thinking he is cool? posing for pics? :roll:

and the dude with his dog, he has a Jordan 1 fusion and a spizike. lol

And did u guys see Colin Kapernicks "collection" dude had the 60+ and son of mars. lmao

One video review I saw advised to go true to size this time, so I'm still kinda confused about what I'm going to do. They changed the midsole paintjob of these Fire Red's to help protect them from cracking, so I'm wondering if production helped sizing as well.

Naw, didn't check out Kaepernick's collection yet.

HardwoodLegend
08-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Guess I'll shoot for two pairs ( true to size & 0.5 down) and return whichever is a worse fit.

Smoke117
08-01-2013, 07:29 PM
I have no idea, but the best basketball shoes I had were some KG's I bought in the summer of 2006...long ass time ago. They were comfortable and great for playing ball. I wish I had a pair of them right now. I'm not paying 200 dollars for some ****ing Jordans lol.

HardwoodLegend
08-01-2013, 09:38 PM
SCREWston, you have any Nike SB's in your collection?

Got me a pair of these limited edition quickstrikes right here through a skateshop phone order.

Dunks have that Jordan 1 look.

http://i0.wp.com/hypebeast.com/image/2013/07/civilist-berlin-x-nike-sb-dunk-high-premium-2.jpg

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/nike-sb-dunk-high-civilist-available.jpg

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/civilist-sb-dunk-high-3.jpg

SCREWstonRockets
08-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Man that boy Marky mark always rocking heat. Seen him with the '88 3s before the dropped too

I just went true to size. Not too hung up about creasing. If you wear your kicks, they will crease. Plus I have a nice rotation where the wont be worn out anytime soon. If there's too much room, I'll just throw in my sneaker shields. Great investment if you are worried about creasing shoes.

Decided to go with Finishline. With 15% cash back from discover and $20 rewards, final total is around $136 :pimp:

SCREWston, you have any Nike SB's in your collection?

Got me a pair of these limited edition quickstrikes right here through a skateshop phone order.

Dunks have that Jordan 1 look.

http://i0.wp.com/hypebeast.com/image/2013/07/civilist-berlin-x-nike-sb-dunk-high-premium-2.jpg

Yea I like dunks too. Got the Dunk SB "Concords"

http://images.freshnessmag.com/wp-content/uploads//2013/04/nike-sb-dunk-low-concord-304292-043-02-570x381.jpg

But damn, those Civilist x SB are fresh. Slept on those because I just copped the Black Nubuck Lebron Xs and Shadow 1s. That skateshop still got them?

HardwoodLegend
08-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Won a Twitter RSVP, so I'm glad I didn't have to wake up early for these Fire Red 3's!

Decided to go with Finishline. With 15% cash back from discover and $20 rewards, final total is around $136 :pimp:

Sick deal... killin the game!

But damn, those Civilist x SB are fresh. Slept on those because I just copped the Black Nubuck Lebron Xs and Shadow 1s. That skateshop still got them?

Last I read, they are now sold out of all sizes.

I PMed you a link with info to help you find a pair if you want them bad enough.

hateraid
08-03-2013, 01:19 PM

I got them years ago
But yes, this is a great pick-up. Always loved the III's. Enjoy them

HardwoodLegend
08-04-2013, 12:53 AM
I love these Fire Red 3's in person... so much better than the pics.

Did 3's always come with this strong glue smell though? The fumes are craaaaazy. Gonna take a while for it to go away.

SCREWstonRockets
08-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks man, but I had fight the urge and passed on those. I need to chill :lol

Yea, my '88 3s had that strong glue smell also

HardwoodLegend
08-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks man, but I had fight the urge and passed on those. I need to chill :lol

LOL word. You have bought A LOT of heat this year. What else do you plan to get this year?

I'd like to see a pic of your entire collection.

hateraid
08-04-2013, 01:47 PM
LOL word. You have bought A LOT of heat this year. What else do you plan to get this year?

I'm actually packing up all my stuff and putting away in storage. My ENTIRE collection including Reebok, Adidas, and1.... I'm gonna take 1 last pic with them all out the box before I put them away and leave them to my son

HardwoodLegend
08-04-2013, 11:41 PM
I'm actually packing up all my stuff and putting away in storage. My ENTIRE collection including Reebok, Adidas, and1.... I'm gonna take 1 last pic with them all out the box before I put them away and leave them to my son

Nice. Looking forward to the collection pic. I always like seeing an accumulation of sneaker tastes.

Impossible to get rid of an ENTIRE collection though. You need shoes to wear. How many are you going to have in your rotation?

SCREWstonRockets
08-08-2013, 01:45 PM

Man I don't even know. From the fall to 2014, some really nice releases are coming. Next up, I think I'm going with the Fear Vs. they've grown on me the more I see them and surpassed my liking for the Fear IVs. There's also these BAIT x Reebok Question I'm feeling but don't like my chances at getting them:

http://www.sneakerwatch.com/images/g_image/video_image-119382.jpg

http://www.sneakerwatch.com/images/g_image/video_image-119380.jpg

I'll snap a pic/video of my collection later, been wanting to do that.

Rake2204
08-08-2013, 02:25 PM
I was trying to keep up with the back-and-forth here about sizing down. Are there specifics for when that should happen? For instance, I bought a white/blue pair of Jordan III's last summer that I haven't worn yet. Were those a size-down situation? I slipped them on once, and they felt big, but I couldn't tell if that was just because I hadn't broken them in yet.

HardwoodLegend
08-08-2013, 02:35 PM
I was trying to keep up with the back-and-forth here about sizing down. Are there specifics for when that should happen? For instance, I bought a white/blue pair of Jordan III's last summer that I haven't worn yet. Were those a size-down situation? I slipped them on once, and they felt big, but I couldn't tell if that was just because I hadn't broken them in yet.

Breaking a shoe in won't make it smaller. It only makes it widen out.

You just have to roll the dice. Last year's 3s ran big, but it seems they corrected the issue this year. I tried on my true-to-size Fire Red 3, and it fit perfectly.

HardwoodLegend
08-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Man I don't even know. From the fall to 2014, some really nice releases are coming. Next up, I think I'm going with the Fear Vs. they've grown on me the more I see them and surpassed my liking for the Fear IVs.

I am starting to like the Fear V's more and more, but I don't think I'm going to go for them. The Fear 3's actually look good too. The original photos had them looking black n white, but I didn't realize they're actually military style with the olive green and neon orange accents. I love that theme.

Do the Glove's coming out in October interest you at all?

http://cdn.solecollector.com/media/u/images/nike-air-zoom-flight-eastbay-98.jpg

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/nike-air-zoom-flight-the-glove-sl-white-black.jpg

http://cdn.nikeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Nike-Zoom-Flight-The-Glove-Black-White-2.jpg

HardwoodLegend
08-09-2013, 01:21 AM
I'm on the verge of making my 1st hypebeast purchase. Buying a shoe I don't like all because a lot of other people do.

So many people say the adidas Mutombo retro is heat, but I don't see it as something I would wear. I think I might buy it and rock to fit in though.

http://4.nicekicks.com/wp/files/2013/07/07.25.13-Adidas-Mutombo-9.jpg

9erempiree
08-09-2013, 03:12 AM
I'm on the verge of making my 1st hypebeast purchase. Buying a shoe I don't like all because a lot of other people do.

So many people say the adidas Mutombo retro is heat, but I don't see it as something I would wear. I think I might buy it and rock to fit in though.

http://4.nicekicks.com/wp/files/2013/07/07.25.13-Adidas-Mutombo-9.jpg

Very Air Jordan like. Not bad.

KNOW1EDGE
08-09-2013, 03:34 AM
Hardwood-

I have been waiting for those "gloves" for a long time now. That is one of the releases I can not wait for. I need them in my life.

Also a couple cool colors of air max Griffey 1 coming out. 1 that's black, purple and teal with some safari print on it is dope.

I haven't bought a pair of jordans in a while and I am very proud of that. I have been turned off by their 3 pairs a month and all the hypebeasts have kinda killed it for me. I want the steel x's though.

HardwoodLegend
08-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Very Air Jordan like. Not bad.

I don't see any Air Jordan influence at all. Which model does it remind you of?

I would like the shoe better if it weren't so high and the tongue were smaller.

HardwoodLegend
08-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Hardwood-

I have been waiting for those "gloves" for a long time now. That is one of the releases I can not wait for. I need them in my life.

Yeah, they're one of my grails too. Really wanted the black when they first released but had to settle for the white.

I am aiming for black this time since the white is a lot different from the OG.

I haven't bought a pair of jordans in a while and I am very proud of that. I have been turned off by their 3 pairs a month and all the hypebeasts have kinda killed it for me. I want the steel x's though.

Cop the ones you like, let em sit on ice for a while and then wear them when everyone else is wearing the latest release.

I love the Steel X's as well.

What was the last pair you bought?

HardwoodLegend
08-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Hulk Hogan with his collection of recent and upcoming Jordan releases:

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/hulk-hogan-shows-off-air-jordan-fear-pack-more.jpg

Didn't know he was a sneakerhead. Wonder if he was into it back in the OG days. Can't find any photos.

HardwoodLegend
08-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Old, but I'm seeing it for the first time...

Josh Childress' shoe collection.

Vine clip (:oldlol: ): https://twitter.com/JChillin/status/341320936030617600

I'm guessing he uses the Sweater Boxes from The Container Store for a lot of his pairs, because their Men's Shoe boxes would definitely be too small for his size.

http://6.nicekicks.com/wp/files/2013/06/j-chillington-1.jpg

Rake2204
12-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Gammas release leads to Street Fighter re-enactment: http://instagram.com/p/iMXS0GzE4U

HardwoodLegend
12-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Gammas release leads to Street Fighter re-enactment: http://instagram.com/p/iMXS0GzE4U

SMH, in my mind I'm telling myself I would never stoop so low, but that "Nike Air" Black Cement 3 release day might evoke some sort of savage within me.

Anybody have any luck with the Bred 1's? Struck out hard on Nike.com which is a first. Most of the reactions I'm seeing about this release are complaints. Must have been extremely limited.

hateraid
12-28-2013, 03:33 PM
SMH, in my mind I'm telling myself I would never stoop so low, but that "Nike Air" Black Cement 3 release day might evoke some sort of savage within me.

Anybody have any luck with the Bred 1's? Struck out hard on Nike.com which is a first. Most of the reactions I'm seeing about this release are complaints. Must have been extremely limited.

Those III's coming back? I just thrashed my. The Nike Air ripped right off the back.

I love these shoes. They're my grails. Time to hang my pair up. Gonna get 2 pairs on this one

christian1923
12-28-2013, 04:08 PM

I didn't get a pair either. They musta sold out in 20 seconds

Numero 10
12-28-2013, 07:28 PM
i completely struck out for the bred 1s today on finishline,eastbay, and nike.com. didnt even get a chance to click add to cart. I got a heavy traffic page right away. To me, it seems these Jordan releases have gotten way more mainstream, which has made it a lot harder to get especially online compared to just a couple of years ago. Even sites like eastbay,finishline,footlocker have release date webpages, which they never really promoted before. Next thing you know there will commercials of retros releasing lol.

Lebron23
12-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Jordan Six Rings

http://4.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/air-jordan-6-six-rings-black-varsity-red-white-6.jpg

CelticBaller
12-28-2013, 10:38 PM
^
I still have the ogs(lol)

miller-time
12-29-2013, 12:57 AM
Can someone tell me what Jordans Kristen Wiig is wearing here? You can see them around the 2 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4-Tru0XREY

HardwoodLegend
12-29-2013, 01:03 AM
Can someone tell me what Jordans Kristen Wiig is wearing here? You can see them around the 2 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4-Tru0XREY

Jordan SC-1

HardwoodLegend
12-29-2013, 01:12 AM
Those III's coming back? I just thrashed my. The Nike Air ripped right off the back.

I love these shoes. They're my grails. Time to hang my pair up. Gonna get 2 pairs on this one

Yep. Last I read, they were supposed to be coming out in Feb. 2014. Not sure if that's changed.