PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Van Gundy replaced by Hubie Brown on ABC!!!!!

sportsfan76
05-19-2013, 03:34 PM
And it is HUBIE sitting next to Mike Breen.:rockon:

I am so thankful for this

Suguru101
05-19-2013, 03:36 PM
What happened? Why?

Any information as to why the sudden change, since JVG and Breen were the "premiere" commentators for ESPN.

I hope there weren't any problems between the two.

sportsfan76
05-19-2013, 03:54 PM
What happened? Why?

Any information as to why the sudden change, since JVG and Breen were the "premiere" commentators for ESPN.

I hope there weren't any problems between the two.

Not sure but it shocked the hell out of me. VanGundy wasn't on the ABC broadcast last night either.

So when I saw Hubie sitting next to Breen it shocked the hell out of me

waseem780
05-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Perhaps he's interviewing for a new head coaching job

BasedTom
05-19-2013, 04:01 PM
JVG's commentary sometimes goes on and on about irrelevant things, but it's at least entertaining. It'd be great for him to get a coaching job, but I really like his work on the mic.

Nash
05-19-2013, 04:05 PM
What?! JVG and Breen are the only good thing about their NBA games

sportsfan76
05-19-2013, 04:06 PM
What?! JVG and Breen are the only good thing about their NBA games

Huh??? Stop Posting:facepalm

Scholar
05-19-2013, 04:15 PM
probably cause he always calls out the ene be a

I can see this happening. JVG always calls out bad officiating calls, which is why I respect him more than most other color commentators.

305Baller
05-19-2013, 04:24 PM
So Wilds09 was Jeff Van Gundy.

Mind

blown.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Perhaps he's interviewing for a new head coaching job

Could be this, definitely.

Salazaar
05-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Jezus relax, it happens sometimes that breen and jvg are not together and it has nothing to do with breaking up the duo. JVG may be sick, out for personal reasons or whatever. He'll be back the next game.

Suguru101
05-19-2013, 04:32 PM

Mind

blown.

http://i.imgur.com/UmpOi.gif

BasedTom
05-19-2013, 04:34 PM

Mind

blown.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzx7eekJqf1rqtpa9o1_400.jpg

Holy Random
05-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Van Gundy was great because he spoke his mind. Almost every other commentator is scared to upset anyone or call out the refs/league for bad decisions etc. I'm honestly surprised he wasn't replaced earlier.

bmd
05-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Are you guys retarded? Maybe he is sick? Maybe a relative is sick. There are a million other personal reasons.

Why was your first thought not something like this and automatically assume some ridiculous stuff?

Salazaar
05-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Are you guys retarded? Maybe he is sick? Maybe a relative is sick. There are a million other personal reasons.

Why was your first thought not something like this and automatically assume some ridiculous stuff?

Yeah,exactly what I said

DuMa
05-19-2013, 04:51 PM
nothing against Hubie but JVG is the only thing good with ABC/ESPN broadcasts nowadays

OldSkoolball#52
05-19-2013, 05:49 PM
probably cause he always calls out the ene be a

This would make total sense, except that it doesnt at all, since jvg works for espn, not the ene be a

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-19-2013, 05:50 PM
And it is HUBIE sitting next to Mike Breen.:rockon:

I am so thankful for this
but Hubie Brown seems to like every single player in the NBA

sportsfan76
05-19-2013, 05:56 PM

It's called being fair to both teams and not showing more favoritism toward the other.

sportsfan76
05-19-2013, 05:57 PM

They never mentioned where JVG was which seems odd

hitmanyr2k
05-19-2013, 06:00 PM
The only thing I like about Jeff Van Gundy is he calls out flopping. Other than that his whole tired schtick basically says "pay attention to me while I talk about irrelevant shit". I was happy when Mark Jackson got a coaching job because it got that horrible MF off the mic. I'm praying the same happens for Van Gundy this offseason.

livinglegend
05-19-2013, 06:06 PM
I hope JVG comes back. He is the best on the ABC crew. Hubie Brown is annoying as ****. He s crap. Hope he retires soon from his job.

DMV2
05-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Hubie has no personality for a color commentator, that's why he is like that.

Also, he's always stating stats, and saying obvious shit that we already know.

sportsfan76
05-19-2013, 06:09 PM

You are in violation now, please stop disrespecting a legend Hubie

chips93
05-19-2013, 06:11 PM

yeah, i like how he can break down plays, but its redundant sometimes, when the play is just a drive and kick.

no need to explain how tony parker driving, draws another defender, and gets danny green an open three. its blatantly obvious how it works, and needs no explanation.

G-Funk
05-19-2013, 06:11 PM
I like JVG

bmd
05-19-2013, 06:12 PM
They never mentioned where JVG was which seems oddIt's not like he has his own show and there is another host filling in. He's a color commentator. They will just get one of their other color analysts to fill in. They never mention anything when this happens.

DMV2
05-19-2013, 06:20 PM
yeah, i like how he can break down plays, but its redundant sometimes, when the play is just a drive and kick.

no need to explain how tony parker driving, draws another defender, and gets danny green an open three. its blatantly obvious how it works, and needs no explanation.
That's exactly how I feel listening to him. :lol

SamuraiSWISH
05-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Hubie Brown is GOAT color commentator, shame it counter acts that fact he neutered one of my favorite players. Turned "White Chocolate" into Jason Williams. Same way MJ is GOAT player, but a pretty terrible GM.

bmd
05-19-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't mind Hubie, but he said some stupid stuff during the Rockets/OKC series.... like Asik has great hands and is a great finisher around the rim.

I was like WTF? It is literally the complete opposite.

tomtucker
05-19-2013, 06:52 PM

for sure.............espn and tnt need to get color commentators that don

HorryIsMyMVP
05-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Who would hire jvg as a coach he's a total moron.

B-Low
05-19-2013, 07:11 PM
JVG is the only remotely entertaining thing about ABC's coverage. They have the worst studio analysts in history and their commentators all seem so cookie-cutter to me. I loved JVG's commentary.

Hopefully its just a one day thing, and if he really is gone hopefully he joins TNT's coverage next season

Vragrant
05-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Its funny how much polar opposites JVG and Hubie are especially when it comes to calls.

With JVG, its perpetual vitriol being spewed at the refs' officiating and players' flopping.

Then you have Hubie who as a ready made excuse for every questionable call. Every questionable call you have Brown say (drumroll please)...........brrrrr (you guessed it!)"Well it all depends on the angle you have, and the angle the officials have, and angles within the angles."

Other than that I love Hubie. I always get the impression that JVG loves to hear himself talk. Every 2 minutes he launches into a soliloquy either about random nothingness or how he would revamp the infrastructure of the officiating. We get it, you don't like the officials!. How about you start talking about the damn game?

Funnyfuka
05-19-2013, 09:11 PM
listening to hubie brown makes me fall asleep before the end of the game almost everytime especially in the evening. Hi observations are so obvious , no wit, all PC bullshit nobody is interested in, he and mike breen are redundant, it's like having two mike breen talking to each others, at least JVG was an interesting oposit of mike breen with wit, funny, making their duo enjoying to listen to breen always seeming like a prude virgin being offended by jvg remarks.

bdreason
05-19-2013, 09:12 PM
JVG has lost his appeal to me. It was funny for awhile, but now his mindless banter is just background noise.

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-19-2013, 09:15 PM
It's called being fair to both teams and not showing more favoritism toward the other.

how is that being fair when you like every single player. It's like not having an opinion at all and not saying anything relevant. at least JVG is funny

Xiao Yao You
05-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Van Gundy and Walton are the only ones worth listening to.

apesta
05-19-2013, 10:13 PM
I don't mind Hubie, but he said some stupid stuff during the Rockets/OKC series.... like Asik has great hands and is a great finisher around the rim.

I was like WTF? It is literally the complete opposite.
i would say Asik has improved interms of handling the ball off pick and rolls haha

jzek
05-19-2013, 10:16 PM
League finally got tired of JVG's antics :oldlol:

vinsanity2756
05-20-2013, 08:08 AM
I like brown. At least he sticks to the game, and he's a stat man, i like stats.
Some may perceive that as boring, I find that interesting.

Trollsmasher
05-20-2013, 08:24 AM
So we will hear more of Hubie's hating on the Heat:rolleyes:

Shepseskaf
05-20-2013, 08:38 AM
So we will hear more of Hubie's hating on the Heat:rolleyes:
When did that happen? What did he say?

Eric Cartman
05-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Hubie Brown is a flavorless yogurt.

tomtucker
05-20-2013, 12:19 PM
brown and gundy both suck.......talk too much during gameplay.........but not half as bad as steve kerr.......that fukker goes on and on with the most monotone voice in the world...........not an once of life in his voice..........just bla,bla,bla...........

iDunk
05-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Hubie is so boring, he needs to retire already.

Van Gundy is awesome. He needs to be on the MSG broadcasting crew if Clyde ever retires, that'd be so awesome.

ShawnieMac06
05-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Van Gundy and Brown sometimes switch-off with play-by-play partners during the course of the season, with JVG working with Mike Tirico and Hubie working with Mike Breen. They probably put Van Gundy on the radio call for one of the conference finals that ESPN Radio is covering. Van Gundy is likely going to back for the Finals, and Hubie will be back with Tirico broadcasting the Finals on radio.

TexasBloodMoney
05-20-2013, 03:18 PM
JVG has lost his appeal to me. It was funny for awhile, but now his mindless banter is just background noise.

Agreed.

I enjoy his rants on flopping or stupid rules on occasion but at some point it'd be nice if he could shut the **** up.

The last game he did, he was complaining that reviewing takes too long and interrupts the game. But just earlier he was arguing that there should be replays for every questionable call? I don't know how serious he was but the whining gets old.

Either way, I dislike ESPN.