PDA

View Full Version : Dwight interested in Rockets

Haymaker
05-19-2013, 07:57 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2013/05/19/dwight-howard-rockets-mavericks-lakers-free-agent-agency/?sct=uk_t2_a3

red1
05-19-2013, 07:58 PM
so it begins again

Living Being
I wish he would play overseas or just retire.

Nick Young
Sign and trade this scrub for Parsons/Lin

Or even better, let this scrub walk! F*ck D12, the worse allstar center ever

oh the horror
05-19-2013, 07:59 PM
so it begins again

Yep. Same shit as before. This guy is just tiring.

SpecialQue
05-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Thank Christ. The sooner this clown leaves LA, the better.

ALBballer
05-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Do the Rockets have the cap room? If they could sign him outright and trade Asik for some pieces they could be a scary team.

05-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Welcome to Houston Dwight! :cheers:

DirkNowitzki41
05-19-2013, 08:06 PM
it mentioned Mavs in the article too. :confusedshrug:

Lateralus
05-19-2013, 08:09 PM

You can take lin.

bagelred
05-19-2013, 08:11 PM
I feel like Lakers should just let it happen and then go All-In for Lebron+Cap Space in 2014.

Orlando Magic
05-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Rockets are a good fit for him but they're just going to be an inferior version of the Magic team he was on and he's never going to win anything.

Funny thing is he's going to ultimately end up unhappy no matter where he goes. Lol. It's all because of his attitude. Oh well.

oh the horror
05-19-2013, 08:12 PM
I feel like Lakers should just let it happen and then go All-In for Lebron+Cap Space in 2014.

Honestly most out here in LA are not too high on Dwight.

The-Legend-24
05-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Please leave.

SpecialQue

I don't know a single Laker fan who likes Dwight. Even when Nash was playing like shit they never said a bad thing about him. Dwight and his attitude really rubbed people the wrong way.

Funnyfuka
not surprised as he knows hakeem olajuwon who trained him. I doubt he ll ever grow up, he will always be a spoiled immature drama queen who doesnt work on his weaknesses and wants everything handed to him on a plate tho. He could be the next rockets olajuwon, but it wont happen, even if he plays with harden, lin and asik. He is a cancer, not a hard working skilled dude. He always cruised on his natural strenghts without developing anything else.

Wherever he goes he ll be a cancer, you cannot count on him.

niko
05-19-2013, 08:16 PM
My favorite parts of the rumor is Nets preparing to alienate their sensitive becoming a star center for another run at Howard that's practically impossible to pull off.

bagelred
05-19-2013, 08:17 PM

Well it's still a long shot. Is Lebron really going to leave Miami? It's doubtful, but just seems like Dwight and L.A. ain't meshing....and he might be damaged goods anyway. Honestly, if he Top 10 player anymore? Is he even close?

bagelred
05-19-2013, 08:18 PM
My favorite parts of the rumor is Nets preparing to alienate their sensitive becoming a star center for another run at Howard that's practically impossible to pull off.

It's impossible. Nets can't do a sign and trade because they are over the "apron".

millwad
05-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Rockets are a good fit for him but they're just going to be an inferior version of the Magic team he was on and he's never going to win anything.

Funny thing is he's going to ultimately end up unhappy no matter where he goes. Lol. It's all because of his attitude. Oh well.

That's just not true.

With Howard on the team they are by far more talented compared to the Magic roster Howard was on.

James Harden to start with, he is by far a greater player compared to anyone Howard had next to him in Orlando and the versatile and young Parsons is only getting better. The future is bright.

oh the horror
05-19-2013, 08:21 PM
I don't know a single Laker fan who likes Dwight. Even when Nash was playing like shit they never said a bad thing about him. Dwight and his attitude really rubbed people the wrong way.

Orlando all over again. I'm beginning to think it has nothing to do with outside distractions. This guy IS the problem.

niko
05-19-2013, 08:22 PM
It's impossible. Nets can't do a sign and trade because they are over the "apron".
They'd need to dump salary (like $10M) and then have the Lakers take back equal salary in a trade that leaves them under the apron. It has literally no chance at happening (Lakers won't ruin their cap for the Nets assets) but i could see the Nets pursuing, things leaking). Nets remind me of how the Knicks used to run just with better players, basically with no regard for how things looked, fit, or affected their players.

The-Legend-24
05-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Most of the people I know fvcking hate him, myself included. Dude is a cancer in the locker room. Brings so much unnecessary drama..

oh the horror
05-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Well it's still a long shot. Is Lebron really going to leave Miami? It's doubtful, but just seems like Dwight and L.A. ain't meshing....and he might be damaged goods anyway. Honestly, if he Top 10 player anymore? Is he even close?

Even if he regains form and dominates I'm not convinced he's right in the head dude. He has begun to exhibit some real cancerous behavior over the course of the past 2-3 years.

Frankly anyone offering him the max may regret it a few years in if his athleticism slips.

Orlando Magic
05-19-2013, 08:24 PM
That's just not true.

With Howard on the team they are by far more talented compared to the Magic roster Howard was on.

James Harden to start with, he is by far a greater player compared to anyone Howard had next to him in Orlando and the versatile and young Parsons is only getting better. The future is bright.

lol @ you if you think that the Rockets are better than Lewis / Turkoglu / Gortat / Nelson / Alston / Lee / Redick / Pietrus.

lololololol.

Along with Van Gundy, that team was the best defensive team in basketball that year. And they had two guys that were 6'10" that could shoot the lights out from 3.

The Rockets are an inferior version at best.

SpecialQue
05-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Most of the people I know fvcking hate him, myself included. Dude is a cancer in the locker room. Brings so much unnecessary drama..

The current Lakers lineup without Dwight would have had a higher seeding in the playoffs, I'm positive of that. Kobe, Pau and Metta already have a working chemistry together, and Nash cares enough about winning that he'd adjust perfectly. The only odd man out was Dwight. I really wanted to be excited about the trade, but fvck was it a nightmare from start to finish. I was happier getting Nash, to be honest, because we NEEDED a point guard. We already have an excellent big with Pau.

Burgz V2
05-19-2013, 08:34 PM
"Report: Houston says let's stay friends"

Quizno
05-19-2013, 08:36 PM
as a lakers fan, i honestly, truly hope the lakers do not re-sign dwight. he's just not a very good center. even if he put up good stats this season they just don't reflect the impact he has on the game. he turns the ball over so often when he's trying to make a move and when he actually gets an iso in the post i guarantee he shoots under 50%, and if he gets fouled it's really rare that he'll hit his free throws. he kills all of our momentum every single time we feed him

DUDE'S BAD

BlackWhiteGreen
05-19-2013, 08:43 PM
dat Harden/Howard pick and roll :eek:

Funnyfuka
05-19-2013, 08:43 PM
lol @ you if you think that the Rockets are better than Lewis / Turkoglu / Gortat / Nelson / Alston / Lee / Redick / Pietrus.

lololololol.

Along with Van Gundy, that team was the best defensive team in basketball that year. And they had two guys that were 6'10" that could shoot the lights out from 3.

The Rockets are an inferior version at best.
exactly, but if he ever went to houston, it would be the closest of going back to -another- orlando, how dumb is that.

LLK21
05-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Andrew Wiggins here we come

The-Legend-24
Funny, people said the same thing about a Nash and Dwight pick and roll. :oldlol: And we saw countless times Dwight fumbling the ball over and over again.

Lateralus

:bowdown: :bowdown:

So much salt in here doe :applause: :roll:

Funnyfuka
05-19-2013, 08:47 PM
nash , harden for the pick n roll ? Who cares, as long as dumb howard turns the ball over 2 times out of three he gets it nobody s going nowhere.

Gotterdammerung
05-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Wilt Chamberlain, after being traded to the Lakers, led them to the finals 4 of his 5 years with the team. :cheers:

Dwight Howard, after being traded to the Lakers, led them to the wrong end of a first round sweep on his first (and only?) try. :facepalm

oh the horror
05-19-2013, 08:49 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown:

So much salt in here doe :applause: :roll:

No salt dude. Howard cannot run a great pick an roll.

Orlando Magic
05-19-2013, 08:50 PM
No salt dude. Howard cannot run a great pick an roll.

Actually, he can.

It just requires a LOT of spacing and a team full of 3 point threats, which the Lakers were not.

It requires a non traditional offense. 4 guys on the perimeter and Dwight down low.

Lateralus
05-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Actually, he can.

It just requires a LOT of spacing and a team full of 3 point threats, which the Lakers were not.

It requires a non traditional offense. 4 guys on the perimeter and Dwight down low.

Their best 3 pt shoot was Bynum and he left...can't do anything right :confusedshrug:

BlackWhiteGreen
05-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Funny, people said the same thing about a Nash and Dwight pick and roll. :oldlol: And we saw countless times Dwight fumbling the ball over and over again.

Harden and the Rockets were right at the top of all pick and roll stats, but of course Omer Asik is the offensive equivalent of Hakeem :rolleyes: fact is, the entire Laker offense should have been built around Nash/Dwight pick and roll game, but someone torpedoed that...

Funnyfuka
05-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Actually, he can.

it requires...going to back to building a team like orlando... smh :facepalm

BlackWhiteGreen
Actually, he can.

Something like Douglas, Harden, Delfino, Parsons and Dwight maybe?

oh the horror

Basically.

Orlando Magic
05-19-2013, 08:54 PM

I know. That's the most hilarious part about all of this. LMFAO.

Dwight ****ed himself when he whined his way out of a team BUILT SPECIFICALLY FOR HIS ABILITIES.

LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Funnyfuka
05-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Harden and the Rockets were right at the top of all pick and roll stats, but of course Omer Asik is the offensive equivalent of Hakeem :rolleyes: fact is, the entire Laker offense should have been built around Nash/Dwight pick and roll game, but someone torpedoed that...

dude, dwight turns the ball over under the basket way too many times a game. Its like he has two left hands this day.

Orlando Magic
05-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Something like Douglas, Harden, Delfino, Parsons and Dwight maybe?

Yes, as I said. The Rockets are a good fit for him. They are a team just like Orlando... but they're not quite as good.

He'll be better off going there than anywhere else.

Only problem is he's still not winning anything because if he couldn't get it done with Orlando... he's not going to with Houston.

oh the horror
05-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Feels like Howard is the type that isn't going to be happy no matter what the outcome.

Orlando Magic
05-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Feels like Howard is the type that isn't going to be happy no matter what the outcome.

This. Unless a team wins the title and he is the first option on offense... which isn't happening.

Scholar
05-19-2013, 08:57 PM

What?

Zydrunas Ilgauskas says, "Hi."
Rik Smits wants to know how your day is going.
Chris Kaman called a bit ago and asked if you want to chat.
Kevin Willis says, "I think this ***** don't know shit about basketball."

:facepalm

I can keep going. If you're going to call D12 the worst "All-Star center," just make sure you know your All-Star Game history.

Anyway, as for the topic at hand, I hope Dwight stays with the Lakers because otherwise the team is definitely going into rebuild mode in 2014-15, but I'd prefer not having him on the squad if he doesn't want to be here.

Funnyfuka
05-19-2013, 08:57 PM
because it s all about me me me. He s an hypocrit who doesnt care about his teammates, an egocentrical drama queen who hated on his old teammates as soon as he left. When van gundy mind****ed him on direct live tv exposing him for the duplicit lying asshole he is he lost almost all his remaining confidence, since then it's all been going downhill for him.

His wish is to join a miami-like team with two superstars; but it's not going to happen. He cant be a first option anyway.

Lateralus
05-19-2013, 08:58 PM
[/b]

What?

Zydrunas Ilgauskas says, "Hi."
Rik Smits wants to know how your day is going.
Chris Kaman called a bit ago and asked if you want to chat.
Kevin Willis says, "I think this ***** don't know shit about basketball."

:facepalm

I can keep going. If you're going to call D12 the worst "All-Star center," just make sure you know your All-Star Game history.

Anyway, as for the topic at hand, I hope Dwight stays with the Lakers because otherwise the team is definitely going into rebuild mode in 2014-15, but I'd prefer not having him on the squad if he doesn't want to be here.

:applause:

The-Legend-24
05-19-2013, 08:58 PM
dude, dwight turns the ball over under the basket way too many times a game. Its like he has two left hands this day.
I don't know what games he was watching, Nash was giving him perfect passes all season long and the dude just couldn't hold on to it.

Shit, even Dwight himself said that he doesn't like doing pick and roll.

Funnyfuka
05-19-2013, 09:02 PM
[/b]

howard was a bit interested in playing for LA because there was kobe and pau. Now kobe has had his career ending injury and that he realized their personalities would never mesh anyways, he wants out, he knows LA is toast and for quite some time.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-19-2013, 09:04 PM
I don't know what games he was watching, Nash was giving him perfect passes all season long and the dude just couldn't hold on to it.

Shit, even Dwight himself said that he doesn't like doing pick and roll.

Dwight averaged less turnovers this season than his career average...

The main advantage of Dwight in the pick and roll is to make the defence collapse OR to give him great post position. Not to give pocket passes for dunks, you may as well throw lobs for that...

Only problem is he's still not winning anything because if he couldn't get it done with Orlando... he's not going to with Houston.

Harden >>> that 09 Orlando team

Doranku
05-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Yes!!!!! Get this heartless bum off my team please!!!!!!!!!

Orlando Magic
05-19-2013, 09:07 PM

Haha, ok.

All Net
05-19-2013, 09:08 PM
What happens with Asik?

jzek
05-19-2013, 09:10 PM
I'd leave the Lakers too if I were him. Just not a happy place there... :(

Fedor - Laker
05-19-2013, 09:11 PM
**** HIM, let him walk. Dude was ****ing useless all year.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Haha, ok.

Come on then... who was better? The only reason they got to the Finals was because KG was injured and they matched up perfectly with the Cavs, they squeaked by a KG-less Celtics (you know how bad Big Baby is and just ask OKC fans about Perkins, but it's OK because 1st big man off the bench was Brian Scalabrine!) in 7 games and were buried by a far superior Lakers team which was still effectively just Kobe, Pau and Odom.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-19-2013, 09:12 PM
What happens with Asik?

Trade him, he would make 20 teams in the league better instantly

Funnyfuka
05-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Dwight averaged less turnovers this season than his career average...

The main advantage of Dwight in the pick and roll is to make the defence collapse OR to give him great post position. Not to give pocket passes for dunks, you may as well throw lobs for that...

everytime howard is blocked under the basket and has to pass it to someone else he turns the ball over with a shity forced pass.

bmd
05-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Trade him, he would make 20 teams in the league better instantlyNo, keep him. Rockets aren't trading Asik.

AirTupac
05-19-2013, 09:16 PM
howard was a bit interested in playing for LA because there was kobe and pau. Now kobe has had his career ending injury and that he realized their personalities would never mesh anyways, he wants out, he knows LA is toast and for quite some time.

Quite some time? :facepalm

bdreason
05-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Pretty sure the new CBA eliminated that free agent S/T nonsense. You either re-sign with your current team, or sign for less with someone else.

Funnyfuka
asik is a solid, long term investment, they d be dumb to lose him for dwight. Im still flabergasted chicago made the mistake to trade him.

Orlando Magic
Come on then... who was better? The only reason they got to the Finals was because KG was injured and they matched up perfectly with the Cavs, they squeaked by a KG-less Celtics (you know how bad Big Baby is and just ask OKC fans about Perkins, but it's OK because 1st big man off the bench was Brian Scalabrine!) in 7 games and were buried by a far superior Lakers team which was still effectively just Kobe, Pau and Odom.

1) Agreed on the Celtics. I predicted they would beat the Celtics if KG was hurt and everyone talked shit to me about it.
2) Agreed on the Cavs.
3) Strongly disagree with the Lakers. Most of the games were close. They were a blown layup in one of the games and some Dwight Howard free throws in another from being up 3 games to 1 against LA going into game 5. That is hardly buried. Your exaggeration makes you look ignorant.

I also predicted LA in 5 games.

Their defense was still the best in the league, statistically. The Rockets are no where near that.

Funnyfuka
05-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Quite some time? :facepalmYup, lakers are now going the celtics route sorry to break it to you.

Scholar
05-19-2013, 09:20 PM

I don't know what you mean by "quite some time." The thing the Lakers have going for them that very few other teams can relate to is playing in a big market where the cameras are always flashing and the lights are always on; therefore, the Lakers are forever a huge draw for any NBA player.

I doubt the Lakers are terrible for "quite some time." They'll probably be contenders again in 3-4 seasons, if not less. :confusedshrug:

Trust me.. Nothing about the Lakers' past should make anyone think otherwise, unless you're only focusing on the early-90s after Magic's retirement and before Shaq's arrival, but even then, they weren't bad for too long.

The-Legend-24
05-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Yup, lakers are now going the celtics route sorry to break it to you.
Nah, I doubt we go on 20+ year drought like them. At least I hope not

SamuraiSWISH
05-19-2013, 09:21 PM
This clown ass nikka

Funnyfuka
05-19-2013, 09:23 PM
I don't know what you mean by "quite some time." The thing the Lakers have going for them that very few other teams can relate to is playing in a big market where the cameras are always flashing and the lights are always on; therefore, the Lakers are forever a huge draw for any NBA player.

I doubt the Lakers are terrible for "quite some time." They'll probably be contenders again in 3-4 seasons, if not less. :confusedshrug:

Trust me.. Nothing about the Lakers' past should make anyone think otherwise, unless you're only focusing on the early-90s after Magic's retirement and before Shaq's arrival, but even then, they weren't bad for too long.

3/4 years equals "quite some time" in my book.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-19-2013, 09:24 PM
No, keep him. Rockets aren't trading Asik.

Even with Howard, and Asik looking at $15m in 2014/15? You could probably get a young stud wing player or a decent PG for Asik...

3) Strongly disagree with the Lakers. Most of the games were close. They were a blown layup in one of the games and some Dwight Howard free throws in another from being up 3 games to 1 against LA going into game 5. That is hardly buried. Your exaggeration makes you look ignorant.

If you're relying on Dwight's FT shooting to win you a game, you aren't winning that game. The Lee miss was wasteful but was also poorly defended, and from my recollection of the game LA would have been hard done by to have lost. I haven't watched it since though, so you could be right, but losing 4-1 whichever way you look at it is bad enough.

Their defense was still the best in the league, statistically. The Rockets are no where near that.

Sure, that had nothing to do with Dwight...

Orlando Magic
05-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Sure, that had nothing to do with Dwight...

Of course it had a lot to do with Dwight, but tell me, where were the Lakers defensively this year?

You're also overlooking the fact that while Orlando had a bunch of mediocre to extremely poor individual defenders(except Pietrus and Lee and then later on Alston), as a team, they were great, because Van Gundy is one of if not the best defensive coach out there on the pro scene.

SacJB Shady
05-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Asik averaged just about as many rebounds as Howard, just 4.8 less ppg. You only get a little better.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-19-2013, 09:28 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2013/05/19/dwight-howard-rockets-mavericks-lakers-free-agent-agency/?sct=uk_t2_a3

meh its ok...Bye Dwight....

just trade grandpa nash for cap space and have ZERO cap space next summer

BlackWhiteGreen
05-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Of course it had a lot to do with Dwight, but tell me, where were the Lakers defensively this year?

You're also overlooking the fact that while Orlando had a bunch of mediocre to extremely poor individual perimeter defenders(except Pietrus and Lee and then later on Alston), as a team, they were great, because Van Gundy is one of if not the best defensive coach out there on the pro scene.

With Nash and Kobe on the perimeter I think Laker fans would have been screaming out for a defensive stud like JJ Redick this year :oldlol: also, Howard clearly hasn't been himself this year. Checked out to a certain extent on defence because he wasn't getting touches.

I agree, SVG was an excellent coach but 2009 Orlando wouldn't have been anywhere near the same defensive team with 2013 Asik instead of Howard. And if we're talking about coaches... I'm sure McHale could help Dwight out with some of his bigger problems.

seanclayton
05-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Big oaf for Bricksanity. Fair trade.

bmd
05-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Even with Howard, and Asik looking at $15m in 2014/15? You could probably get a young stud wing player or a decent PG for Asik...The Rockets don't really need all that. They were the 2nd highest scoring team in the league.

Asik was the glue to the team. When he was on the floor, the Rockets were as good as any team in the league. They would have trouble when he would leave the floor.

A combination of Dwight and Asik down low or subbing in for each other would make the Rockets a force. The defense and rebounding down low would be fantastic, and Dwight would make it easier for others to score. Teams didn't really fear Asik down low on offense. Dwight would require more attention opening the floor up for Parsons and Harden to hit 3's. Plus he is a better scorer than Asik is.

Lin and Beverley are both decent PGs, contrary to popular belief.

I value Asik more than some other wing player. Those are a dime a dozen. The Rockets can go out and find another decent player like Carlos Delfino. If there is one thing Morey is good at, it's finding undervalued talent.

Xiao Yao You
05-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Are they interested in him? If I'm them I stay away from him.

hawkfan
05-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Asik is better than Howard and cheaper.
It would be better for Houston to go after Paul Millsap to help out at power forward.

hawkfan
05-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Just fu*k off already dwight. I don't want this shit to drag out all offseason..
Please don't offer this scrub max $$, get out of LA scrub...

That might be a good option.
Howard leaves and then after next season, the Lakers will have a bunch of expirers and can rebuild then.

OldSkoolball#52
05-19-2013, 10:03 PM

People in LA aren't too high on anyone not named Kobe Bryant, because to them everyone else is a "blame sponge" used to absorb the deficiencies of Kobe Bryant.

Mike Brown, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Mike D'Antoni, Jim Buss, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, and on and on.

When the Lakers fail, everybody but Kobe gets the blame in LA. But when they win...

Well, we all know how that movie goes.

oh the horror
05-19-2013, 10:17 PM
People in LA aren't too high on anyone not named Kobe Bryant, because to them everyone else is a "blame sponge" used to absorb the deficiencies of Kobe Bryant.

Mike Brown, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Mike D'Antoni, Jim Buss, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, and on and on.

When the Lakers fail, everybody but Kobe gets the blame in LA. But when they win...

Well, we all know how that movie goes.

Hmmm. So how far up your intestines did you shove your arm up through your a-hole to pull that opinion out of?

Goldrush25
05-19-2013, 10:34 PM

That timer doesn't start until Kobe retires. What top free agent has signed there recently? MWP? Sooner they cut the cord there the sooner they'll actually be able to rebuild. In my opinion they're just spinning their wheels right now, at best.

Get rid of Jim Buss while you're at it.

I can understand the frustration with Dwight Howard. But the team would still be in better position to compete with him here than without him. There are too few above average big men in the NBA. He gets elevated because the position has to be graded on a curve.

Smoke117
05-19-2013, 10:54 PM
It's going to be hilarious when he leaves the lakers and gets back to pre back injury form and Laker fans are bitching about how he didn't give a shit and this or that. I'm almost certain next season he'll be the undisputed best center in the league again once he's had this full season and off season to heal. (his labrum tear isn't that serious. I just had surgery for one and I'm not ****ing professional athlete with all the assets he has. He'll be fine in 3 months tops from that)

Kiddlovesnets
05-19-2013, 10:56 PM

Well I believe every other nets fan has given up hopes on Dwight months ago, except for you who still pay attention to any Dwight-Nets news 'cause you want it to happen so badly.
:rolleyes:

niko
05-19-2013, 11:05 PM
Well I believe every other nets fan has given up hopes on Dwight months ago, except for you who still pay attention to any Dwight-Nets news 'cause you want it to happen so badly.
:rolleyes:

I hate to break it to you, the Nets franchise badly wants it to happen. They'd ship out Lopez, you, my first born (and i'm a Knicks fan) and three billion black t-shirts and 27 first round picks tomorrow. You do realize the Nets rumours of interest, etc. come from Billy King and his office right?

Kiddlovesnets
05-19-2013, 11:09 PM
I hate to break it to you, the Nets franchise badly wants it to happen. They'd ship out Lopez, you, my first born (and i'm a Knicks fan) and three billion black t-shirts and 27 first round picks tomorrow. You do realize the Nets rumours of interest, etc. come from Billy King and his office right?

Well its not surprising to me that the front office wants it to happen, but the point is that no nets fans are expecting anything like that. The front office is constantly searching for any possible ways to improve the team, no matter feasible or not since thats their job. There are so many things the nets front office badly wants it to happen, but realistically we only give a shot on the most probable ones.
:sleeping

Goldrush25
05-19-2013, 11:12 PM
It's going to be hilarious when he leaves the lakers and gets back to pre back injury form and Laker fans are bitching about how he didn't give a shit and this or that. I'm almost certain next season he'll be the undisputed best center in the league again once he's had this full season and off season to heal. (his labrum tear isn't that serious. I just had surgery for one and I'm not ****ing professional athlete with all the assets he has. He'll be fine in 3 months tops from that)

That's what I believe will happen. People forget that he came back ahead of schedule from his back surgery. He didn't look fully recovered until, what, about February?

Funnyfuka
05-19-2013, 11:15 PM

It s going to be hilarious when he gets more injury prone and an even bigger cancer to any team he decides to join and simply disapear into oblivion being mocked by everyone.

AintNoSunshine
05-19-2013, 11:25 PM
I wanna see Dwight become himself again with Harden and see how Kobe stans react.

But nah, they always have 2000 excuses to protect their hero

oh the horror
05-19-2013, 11:27 PM
:roll:
I wanna see Dwight become himself again with Harden and see how Kobe stans react.

But nah, they always have 2000 excuses to protect their hero

How should they react? Dwight wasn't very good this season.

oh the horror
05-19-2013, 11:29 PM
That's what I believe will happen. People forget that he came back ahead of schedule from his back surgery. He didn't look fully recovered until, what, about February?

It's not about his form or recovery dude. His attitude and skillset is a serious concern. Watching him on a team that isn't catered specifically to his particular strengths was a total mess.

He's not THAT good.

Derka
05-19-2013, 11:29 PM
99% sure the media is going to make up a ton of stories like this about Dwight regarding where "sources" think he's interested in going.

Ballin095
05-19-2013, 11:42 PM
99% sure the media is going to make up a ton of stories like this about Dwight regarding where "sources" think he's interested in going.

Yep. Just like the lebron situation.

Reverend Hoops
05-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Houston can't give him the max.

And CP3 >>> Harden

MetsPackers
05-20-2013, 12:26 AM
The current Lakers lineup without Dwight would have had a higher seeding in the playoffs, I'm positive of that. Kobe, Pau and Metta already have a working chemistry together, and Nash cares enough about winning that he'd adjust perfectly. The only odd man out was Dwight. I really wanted to be excited about the trade, but fvck was it a nightmare from start to finish. I was happier getting Nash, to be honest, because we NEEDED a point guard. We already have an excellent big with Pau.

Do you seriously believe the Lakers are going to be BETTER after losing a top5 center at worst? Jesus christ you spoiled Laker fans are gona be in for a real rude awakening when LA is trash next year after Howard leaves, you'll be begging for him to come back. Dude was at like 40% health when the year started but made himself ready for game 1 and played through injury all year. Finally got to see he can be effctive on offensive when he was fed in the playoffs, and LA fans still want him out. No class. If I were Howard, Pau, MWP, i'd sa fvck the Lakers and their fans for constantly being disrespected.

tpols
05-20-2013, 12:41 AM
Do you seriously believe the Lakers are going to be BETTER after losing a top5 center at worst? Jesus christ you spoiled Laker fans are gona be in for a real rude awakening when LA is trash next year after Howard leaves, you'll be begging for him to come back. Dude was at like 40% health when the year started but made himself ready for game 1 and played through injury all year. Finally got to see he can be effctive on offensive when he was fed in the playoffs, and LA fans still want him out. No class. If I were Howard, Pau, MWP, i'd sa fvck the Lakers and their fans for constantly being disrespected.
What are you talking about fed in the playoffs?

LA had all time bad offensive ratings in that Spurs series. They were absolutely brutal to watch going through the bigs.. lol

d.bball.guy
05-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Their best 3 pt shoot was Bynum and he left...can't do anything right :confusedshrug:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Man I wanna see Bynum play and chuck up 3s

oh the horror
05-20-2013, 12:45 AM
Do you seriously believe the Lakers are going to be BETTER after losing a top5 center at worst? Jesus christ you spoiled Laker fans are gona be in for a real rude awakening when LA is trash next year after Howard leaves, you'll be begging for him to come back. Dude was at like 40% health when the year started but made himself ready for game 1 and played through injury all year. Finally got to see he can be effctive on offensive when he was fed in the playoffs, and LA fans still want him out. No class. If I were Howard, Pau, MWP, i'd sa fvck the Lakers and their fans for c
constantly being disrespected.

Were you in a coma during the playoffs? He wasn't doing shit there either dude.

Trust. You aren't in LA. We'll take the loss if he bounces.

MetsPackers
05-20-2013, 12:52 AM
What are you talking about fed in the playoffs?

LA had all time bad offensive ratings in that Spurs series. They were absolutely brutal to watch going through the bigs.. lol

I just don't know what you LA fans want from Dwight. He's still the same as he always was on offense. He can still score on 50% of his postups and has average passing ability out of the post. It may look ugly at times but it's not that less effective than it has been in the past. You guys really underrate his defensive contributions too. I'm just saying whoever ifanchoring the LA defense next year, he ain't gona be better than Dwight, believe that. He can't put up MVP numbers anymore because theirs atleast 2 other great offensive options on the team who don't allow him too. If Dwight was the constant #1 option you'd see a different Dwight, and when some team gives him that opportunity and you see that Dwight again, you'll wish the Lakers had kept him

chazzy
05-20-2013, 02:00 AM
He's still the same as he always was on offense.
Not even close. Compare his play in 2011 to this year, it's night and day

oh the horror
05-20-2013, 02:10 AM
If Dwight was the constant #1 option you'd see a different Dwight, and when some team gives him that opportunity and you see that Dwight again, you'll wish the Lakers had kept him

Dwight is NOT a number one option on ANY team that wants to contend for a championship. I guarantee you that one.

therammingman
05-20-2013, 02:16 AM

my friend and i were discussing d12 last night. both 20+ year laker fans. neither of us would care much if dwight left

The Choken One
05-20-2013, 02:52 AM
Ya'll are mad if you really want Dwight out of LA... hope he stays. Lakers are in trouble if he bounces.

spiegel
05-20-2013, 03:46 AM

inferior my ass. You know we can sign him outright and then sign and trade a packiage of Asik and Parsons or lin for a PF right?. This could be potentially our lineup..

Beverley
Harden
Parsons
Josh Smith
Howard.

That's better then anything he had in Orlando.

360crazy
05-20-2013, 03:54 AM
dwight Howard...a cancer???? :roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol:

yeahhhhh 17.1 ppg 12.4 rebounds per game 2.4 blocks a game is "cancerous."

Sometimes I feel so alone in this world surrounded by such idiotic and illogical people smh

Xiao Yao You
05-20-2013, 04:49 AM
inferior my ass. You know we can sign him outright and then sign and trade a packiage of Asik and Parsons or lin for a PF right?. This could be potentially our lineup..

Beverley
Harden
Parsons
Josh Smith
Howard.

That's better then anything he had in Orlando.

I guess? That's a lot money tied up in low IQ players.

bdreason
05-20-2013, 05:05 AM
If Howard walks the Lakers are screwed. They don't even have cap space to sign someone else. Clark and Jamison are probably gone as well. Their starting lineup for next season would be;

Nash
Meeks
Metta
Hill?
Gasol

With no bench. :oldlol:

If Lakers lose Howard, they might as well tank at a chance for Wiggins or Parker. Then try and sign somebody in 2014 when Kobe and Gasol come off the books.

SacJB Shady
05-20-2013, 05:09 AM
If Howard walks the Lakers are screwed. They don't even have cap space to sign someone else. Clark and Jamison are probably gone as well. Their starting lineup for next season would be;

Nash
Meeks
Metta
Hill?
Gasol

With no bench. :oldlol:

If Lakers lose Howard, they might as well tank at a chance for Wiggins or Parker. Then try and sign somebody in 2014 when Kobe and Gasol come off the books.

Still 3 all star players in that starting line up.

KeyNote
05-20-2013, 05:18 AM
If he re-signs, we can build around him

If he leaves..more cap space for the 2014 plan

Lakers in the driver's seat

MetsPackers
05-20-2013, 06:00 AM
Also, for Laker fans hoping for a sign and trade with Dwight that gets the Lakers some good pieces, don't count on it. Dwight is an unrestricted FA and isn't going to want to personally facilitate the Lakers raiding his new team, especially when he's going to be burning bridges already. You think he'll be like "Oh, Houston looks good, let me negotiate sending their best young pieces to the Lakers before I get there!" :roll: Can't sign anyone either so you're basically the exact same team minus Dwight, and who knows how much time Kobe's gona miss, how could that possibly make you a better team? All you guys saying let him walk are thinking with your hearts not your heads. You ain't gona get nobody better to fill that spot.

Asiantastic
05-20-2013, 07:38 AM
Couldn't care less if he walks. There are still plenty of free agents to choose from and I still trust Gasol as the #2.

If he stays, great. If he walks, he ruins his reputation even more and the Lakers have ridiculous cap space in 2014.

fiddy
05-20-2013, 07:45 AM
How much money will LA save if he walks? Something like 40$ mil(including luxury tax) per year?

Unforgiven
05-20-2013, 07:56 AM
I'd probably leave if I was Dwight. That's not a shot at the Lakers either, I just don't think it's going to work in LA, especially with Kobe's injury.

Rockets seem a feasable option, paired up with a great young guard in Harden (who probably has some improvement left), Parsons and Garcia can shoot the 3 ball, while Harden can also get streaky from there.

Nothing's given in this league, 2013 Lakers/2011 Heat, but this would be a promising position to be in I reckon. Plus I don't think loosing Dwight would be a bad thing for LA entirely.

Sharmer
05-20-2013, 08:01 AM
D12 is over rated he needs a team stacked with shooters.

Shepseskaf
05-20-2013, 08:04 AM
I don't really know how ideal DHo would be for Houston. Harden likes to shoot the ball... a lot. Would it turn out to be another Kobe situation for Dwight?

If I'm the Rockets I keep Asik and get more shooters. Howard just brings drama and not that much more production than the center spot is already brining.

Bring in Kareem or Hakeem to boost Asik's offense. He'll never be great at scoring, but he could easily add about 5 ppg with some small improvements -- which would be huge for the team.

DMV2
05-20-2013, 08:07 AM
D12 is over rated he needs a team stacked with shooters.
I guess LeBron is even more overrated for playing with a Top 3 SG and a Top 3 PF/C.

wally_world
05-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Still 3 all star players in that starting line up.

:biggums:

yeah, they should sign Antoine Walker and Michael Redd and they'll have an all-star starting 5

fiddy
05-20-2013, 08:08 AM
I guess LeBron is even more overrated for playing with a Top 3 SG and a Top 3 PF/C.
Who dat?

Orlando Magic
05-20-2013, 08:09 AM
:biggums:

yeah, they should sign Antoine Walker and Michael Redd and they'll have an all-star starting 5

http://cdn.niketalk.com/1/16/164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

niko
05-20-2013, 08:10 AM
Howard's an idiot. Stephen A was right, he said Howard's always told him he wants to be in a big city on the coast, loves Cali, loves the warm weather, and wants a franchise committed to winning titles. And he's in LA and would lose $30M if he leaves. And he's confused. Really? That Houston team too, add Dwight and that's nowhere near a title team. And there's very little flexibility to change things.

And that his "people" are again leaking Brooklyn thoughts when the path to Brooklyn is unbelievably complicated and would require Brooklyn to send assets to dump salary even prior to a Dwight trade is ridiculous. He hasn't got the idea yet that is dead?

He's an immature moron.

Sharmer
05-20-2013, 08:12 AM

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q750/Vicsatre/tumblr_m967es2V8r1rotval_zpsd97a380a.gif (http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/Vicsatre/media/tumblr_m967es2V8r1rotval_zpsd97a380a.gif.html)

You just compared D12 and Lebron.

DMV2
05-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Who dat?
Bosh. He's been a Top 3 PF/C the past two seasons, especially in the playoffs.

chips93
05-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Welcome to Dwight Houston! :cheers:

fixed

fiddy
05-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Bosh. He's been a Top 3 PF/C the past two seasons, especially in the playoffs.
Cant agree, hes barely a top 10 IMO.

Xiao Yao You
05-20-2013, 09:06 AM
That Houston team too, add Dwight and that's nowhere near a title team. And there's very little flexibility to change things.

Two max players in theory should put them into the 2nd tier at least. If he was worth max it would anyway.

KyrieTheFuture
05-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Until I hear something out of Howard's mouth I'm not putting much stock in these things

niko
05-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Two max players in theory should put them into the 2nd tier at least. If he was worth max it would anyway.
Harden and Dwight and pieces is so eh. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Houston shouldn't do this, i think Dwight shouldn't. Stay in LA and basically he can pick the coach and his teammates in a year. In Houston, that's the team.

Xiao Yao You
05-20-2013, 10:25 AM
In LA he's got Jim Buss. I'd get away from that as fast as I could!

millwad
05-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Harden and Dwight and pieces is so eh. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Houston shouldn't do this, i think Dwight shouldn't. Stay in LA and basically he can pick the coach and his teammates in a year. In Houston, that's the team.

It's not as easy as you try to make it seem.

Kobe is out and he may not even play at all next season, Gasol is soon to be 33 years old. Artest is soon to be 34 years old and Nash is locked up 'til 2015.

It's not a bright situation for Dwight who's 28 in a couple of months. He'll be past 30 by the time Kobe and the rest of the old fellas are retired and rebuilding a team is not easy.

Houston makes much more sense, great ties with Asia which will give Dwight tons of advertisement money. Young team with with a 23 year old star SG and the very versatile Parsons who will make less than a 1 million bucks 'til 2015.

oh the horror
05-20-2013, 11:23 AM

Kobe is out and he may not even play at all next season, Gasol is soon to be 33 years old. Artest is soon to be 34 years old and Nash is locked up 'til 2015.

It's not a bright situation for Dwight who's 28 in a couple of months. He'll be past 30 by the time Kobe and the rest of the old fellas are retired and rebuilding a team is not easy.

Houston makes much more sense, great ties with Asia which will give Dwight tons of advertisement money. Young team with with a 23 year old star SG and the very versatile Parsons who will make less than a 1 million bucks 'til 2015.

Do you know how much cap space the Lakers are working with soon? Gasol, Kobe, etc will be off the books at the end of next season.

Then again this is on Howard IF he wants to wait.

niko
05-20-2013, 11:30 AM

Everyone has the same ties with Asia. Houston has no better ties with Asia than anywhere else, all that stuff is silly and overblown. Dwight won't be on a team that can win a title for a few years in Houston. In ONE season, every player you mentioned will be off the books in LA and Dwight can recruit his own running buddies. And it's LA. I'm 100 times more confident in LA demanding a title team than in Houston. If Dwight comes and Houston is a 2nd round team they'll be very happy. LA will want blood and demand changes. It's better to be in that situation if his goal honestly is to win a title.

millwad
05-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Do you know how much cap space the Lakers are working with soon? Gasol, Kobe, etc will be off the books at the end of next season.

Then again this is on Howard IF he wants to wait.

A declining Kobe is going to re-sign and I have hard to believe that he will take a big pay-cut because of Dwight or anyonelse else.

Nash is also locked up 'til 2015 and it's a not the best of contracts when you consider the fact that the guy injured alot of and soon to be 40 years old.

So it will at least be Nash, Kobe and Dwight plus fillers who are not that easy to find either way. I don't really see how that is a better situation for Dwight compared to the sitation he will be in with the Rockets.

Dwight will not even be "the man" in Lakers, as soon as Kobe comes back Dwight will have to experience what he did this season. With the Rockets Dwight would become the biggest star and he would be just perfect for the Rockets way of playing.

yeaaaman
05-20-2013, 11:35 AM
asik is a solid, long term investment, they d be dumb to lose him for dwight. Im still flabergasted chicago made the mistake to trade him.

Yea, why would anyone take Dwight Howard over Omer Asik.

Haymaker
05-20-2013, 11:37 AM
In LA he's got Jim Buss. I'd get away from that as fast as I could!

Kupchak should get a group of investors and buy the team from the Buss family. They're about to ruin the Lakers.

D-Rose
05-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Not too sure what LA would do if Dwight didn't re-sign. Would we blow it up with trading guys like Gasol? Amnesty Metta? Pretty much tank it? Or continue in mediocrity for an 8 seed in what will probably be Kobe's last year?

Not too hopeful either on Summer 2014, but it's worth a shot.

ZeN
05-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Until I hear something out of Howard's mouth I'm not putting much stock in these things
“For me, I’m going to do what’s best for myself, what’s going to make me happy,” Howard said. “At the end of the day, I can’t control who likes me and who dislikes me but I have the right to be happy. That’s what I’m going to do. That’s the biggest thing right there.”

- Dwight Howard

longtime lurker
05-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Also, for Laker fans hoping for a sign and trade with Dwight that gets the Lakers some good pieces, don't count on it. Dwight is an unrestricted FA and isn't going to want to personally facilitate the Lakers raiding his new team, especially when he's going to be burning bridges already. You think he'll be like "Oh, Houston looks good, let me negotiate sending their best young pieces to the Lakers before I get there!" :roll: Can't sign anyone either so you're basically the exact same team minus Dwight, and who knows how much time Kobe's gona miss, how could that possibly make you a better team? All you guys saying let him walk are thinking with your hearts not your heads. You ain't gona get nobody better to fill that spot.

Lol you idiots have no idea what you're talking about. Dwight Howard isn't going to just walk to the Rockets and leave 30 million on the table. I'll tell you how many max contract free agents have done that recently exactly NONE! For a guy with back issues and limited offensive arsenal his agent should be fired if he let him do that. Here's what's going to happen either Dwight resigns with the Lakers or the Lakers agree to a sign and trade getting back assets and draft picks. The Lakers will be fine with or without him.

Haymaker
05-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Not too sure what LA would do if Dwight didn't re-sign. Would we blow it up with trading guys like Gasol? Amnesty Metta? Pretty much tank it? Or continue in mediocrity for an 8 seed in what will probably be Kobe's last year?

Not too hopeful either on Summer 2014, but it's worth a shot.

They could ride it out with the same team then try to amnesty Artest. Gasol is a huge expirer, so they're going to need it if they plan to rebuild. Either by letting his contract expire or trading him for a legit rising star and other pieces.

crisoner
05-20-2013, 12:25 PM
I think Dwight is as good as gone.

But watch if he stays (and I for one hope he does) all these other Laker fans will be happy as well.

nathanjizzle
05-20-2013, 12:27 PM
dwight howard is part asian, jeremy lin is part asian, houston is favorited by asians, it will be a great fit.

Riley Martin
05-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Aren't there like 8 expiring Laker contracts this summer and like 7 next summer?

Dwight Howard ($19,261,200)
Antawn Jamison ($1,352,181)
Earl Clark ($1,240,000)
Devin Ebanks ($1,040,000)
Darius Morris ($937,195)
Robert Sacre ($473,604)
Darius Johnson-Odom ($195,013)
Andrew Goudelock ($44,835)

Potential 2013/14 Salary: $78,186,630 ($20,142,630 over cap)

Kobe Bryant ($30,453,000)
Pau Gasol ($19,285,850)
M. World Peace ($7,727,280)
Steve Blake ($4,000,000)
Chris Duhon ($3,920,000)
Jordan Hill ($3,500,000)
Jodie Meeks ($1,550,000)

Potential 2014/15 Salary w/ Kobe: ~$29,701,000 ($28,343,000 under cap)
Potential 2014/15 Salary w/out Kobe: $9,701,000 ($48,343,000 under cap)

crisoner
05-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Only players on the books in 2014 is Nash right?

2014 off season will be time to reload (if they keep Howard) or rebuild.

Xiao Yao You
05-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Everyone has the same ties with Asia. Houston has no better ties with Asia than anywhere else, all that stuff is silly and overblown. Dwight won't be on a team that can win a title for a few years in Houston. In ONE season, every player you mentioned will be off the books in LA and Dwight can recruit his own running buddies. And it's LA. I'm 100 times more confident in LA demanding a title team than in Houston. If Dwight comes and Houston is a 2nd round team they'll be very happy. LA will want blood and demand changes. It's better to be in that situation if his goal honestly is to win a title.

It's not the same. Houston and LAL are the favorite teams here and so our players that hav played for them. They are on tv and commercials.

D-Rose
05-20-2013, 01:59 PM
A whole lot depends on Bryant being back after this next season and if Dwight re-signs but wow after Summer 2014, Lakers roster will look totally different whether we tank or throw lots of cash at FAs...personally don't like teams without continuity from season to season, but will have to see if and when we're there.

longtime lurker
05-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Only players on the books in 2014 is Nash right?

2014 off season will be time to reload (if they keep Howard) or rebuild.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nash retires before then.

bagelred
05-20-2013, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Nash retires before then.

No chance at that. He wants his money.

rezznor
05-20-2013, 04:51 PM
http://i.minus.com/ioOWTqyR1A68o.gif

Haymaker
05-20-2013, 05:27 PM

WTF :oldlol:

bagelred
05-20-2013, 05:37 PM

I love Game of Thrones. Great character.

Take Your Lumps
05-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Replace a defensive-minded center with limited offensive skills with another defensive-minded center with (even less) offensive skills and a rotten attitude.

Sounds like an awesome plan.

Nick Young
05-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Thank god the Dwightmare is almost over. Time for him to ruin the dreams of another city:rockon:

LosScandalous
05-20-2013, 05:55 PM
It's not going to happen. LA is the go to destination in the NBA and Dwight wants to finish what he started here. He most likely has a few months while Kobe is out to prove himself as the lone number 1 option +he'll be fully healthy and he can coexist the roster he's around. Dwight is kidding himself and so are the rockets. The sooner this rumor dies the better.

daj0264
05-20-2013, 05:56 PM
hopefully mchale can teach him how to play the post.

All Net
05-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Thank god the Dwightmare is almost over. Time for him to ruin the dreams of another city:rockon:

No laker fan should want him gone...least with dwight we would have some kind of future.

Rekindled
05-21-2013, 10:08 AM
It's not going to happen. LA is the go to destination in the NBA and Dwight wants to finish what he started here. He most likely has a few months while Kobe is out to prove himself as the lone number 1 option +he'll be fully healthy and he can coexist the roster he's around. Dwight is kidding himself and so are the rockets. The sooner this rumor dies the better.

1st of all, dwight hates playing with kobe.
2nd,dwight knows this team isnt going anywhere next year
3rd , dwight actually makes more money in houston because of no tax