PDA

View Full Version : Get ready for the new Xbox

IamRAMBO24
05-21-2013, 10:31 AM
New Xbox Details Coming Today: What Will Microsoft's Next Gaming Console Do?

After eight years on the shelves and having sold some 70 million units, Microsoft's Xbox 360 is finally getting a successor today. The Xbox reveal comes a bit late to the party, as the last of the big three home console makers to announce a new system. Exactly three months ago today, Sony introduced the PlayStation 4, which will be out this holiday season and Nintendo released its Wii U late last year.

So what does Microsoft have to put on the track in forthcoming gaming console race? We'll get details this afternoon at Microsoft's event in Washington at 10 a.m. PT/ 1:00 ET., but in the meantime, here is a guide as to you can expect.

New Hardware
No, this isn't just another one of Microsoft's software-updates-to-Xbox events. The company is expected to show off the new Xbox hardware, which is said to be powered by an eight-core AMD processor and a very powerful graphics processor. Codenamed "Durango," the console, gaming site Kotaku reports, will have 500GB of storage space, 8GB of RAM and USB 3.0 connectivity. It might have a Blu-ray drive.

Kotaku also reported that the Kinect camera and sensor, which attaches to the Xbox now to put players in the games, will be upgraded to a full 1080p sensor. It also reports that Kinect, which ships separately now, will be included with every Xbox. The Verge reports that it will also have advanced voice command functionality. No word on what the controllers will look like and if they will rival Sony's DualShock 4 Controller.

Less likely, but still possible, features may include an augmented reality headset that looks something like a cross between Google Glass and the Occulus Rift. This theory emerged after documents leaked last summer, pointing to AR on the roadmap for Xbox. Microsoft Research has also been experimenting with a projection device called the Illumiroom, which may factor into its plans to transform the next generation of living rooms into fully immersive environments.

A New Name
"Durango" is but one of many codenames the next Xbox has gone by, and while the final name is still up in the air, the Internet has had a field day with guess-work. Reddit seems to believe that Xbox Infinity (or jokingly, xfinity) will be the triumphant title. "Xbox 720" has been kicked around as the logical successor to the 360 name, though fans, developers and domain registration documentation has also posited NextBox, Loop, Xbox 8, Kryptos and Yukon as potential nomenclature.

New Gaming Services
Of course, that hardware will enable some really stunning gaming graphics. Similar to the PlayStation 4 event, we expect Microsoft to demo the next-generating gaming platform with some graphical oohs and aahs. Microsoft has said that it won't be detailing the launch titles until the E3 gaming show in June, but all signs point to them showing off at least some Microsoft-created games, like Kinect Sports, to exemplify the graphics.

There's speculation that the next Xbox would require an Internet connection or an always-connected state. With that, we expect there to be talk of social or connected gaming.

New Content and Video Services
But those that think the Xbox is just a gaming console should think again. Microsoft is bound to focus on the entertainment and content aspects of the hardware that lives in the living room. While there are already a number of media services integrated into the Xbox 360, including streaming video services and content stores, there are greater reports that Microsoft wants to take over the cable box.

According to The Verge, a feature will allow it to integrate with a cable or set-top box, allowing it to display your cable content alongside other Internet content. And in keeping with that always-on theme, an online connection will allow for more streaming and always-connected TV services.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/xbox-details-coming-today-microsofts-gaming-console/story?id=19223424

I'm going to be at work today, so can anyone be kind enough to post new info so I can jump on this thread as soon as I get off with a bottle of wine on the table and lube on the right hand. Thanks in advance.

Draz
05-21-2013, 12:18 PM
I stopped playing console and video games for a year now. Ill get back into th industry respectfully if either console giants present a reason to purchase a console again which I no longer have anyways. Ill pay attention to reviews and specs.

plowking
05-21-2013, 12:42 PM
So is it expected to be more powerful or less powerful than the PS4?

Rose
05-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Early rumors were same, but a few days ago a rumor came about with 12gb ram, instead of 8. with 4 being dedicated to the kinect. So basically same.:lol

-p.tiddy-
05-21-2013, 12:46 PM
that really doesn't matter at all...just like it doesn't matter with the current consoles

plowking
05-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Early rumors were same, but a few days ago a rumor came about with 12gb ram, instead of 8. with 4 being dedicated to the kinect. So basically same.:lol

Meh. Depends on whoever has free online for me. I find the notion of paying for online play stupid, so whoever can deliver that for me wins. If both do, then it comes down to exclusives.

Sony had Xbox beat in both those categories last time round so it was an easy choice getting the PS3. Not to mention the Blu-Ray player and better specs overall.

Kungfro
05-21-2013, 12:48 PM
12 minutes till the start.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub/reveal

plowking
05-21-2013, 12:50 PM
that really doesn't matter at all...just like it doesn't matter with the current consoles

Sure it does. A lot of games that fit onto one disk are on the PS3. As well as certain games being too expansive and large for the Xbox to handle.

I'd want to know which one is the best equipped so I can be provided with the best.

-p.tiddy-
05-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Sure it does. A lot of games that fit onto one disk are on the PS3. As well as certain games being too expansive and large for the Xbox to handle.

I'd want to know which one is the best equipped so I can be provided with the best.
you're talking more about memory, not power

both will have extremely high end graphics to the point they are the same visually...

Rose
05-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Meh. Depends on whoever has free online for me. I find the notion of paying for online play stupid, so whoever can deliver that for me wins. If both do, then it comes down to exclusives.

Sony had Xbox beat in both those categories last time round so it was an easy choice getting the PS3. Not to mention the Blu-Ray player and better specs overall.
Same. I wouldn't mind paying xbox live if I got demos and games like you do with PS+. Paying for party chat is bullshit. Especially when Netflix hulu etc etc is free on ps3, but you need a gold account on xbox live.:facepalm

highwhey
05-21-2013, 01:01 PM
pc gaming>>>>>console

considering i use a pc for other things, the expense to build a good one isnt much. lol@powerful graphics chip. whatever, console will always be a step behind. i realize the price difference but console gaming sucks.

Brujesino
05-21-2013, 01:07 PM
xbox one, whatever ill just call it xbox

Brujesino
05-21-2013, 01:08 PM
damn the console looks huge

-p.tiddy-
05-21-2013, 01:32 PM
http://gigazine.jp/img/2013/05/22/xbox-one/00-top.jpg

looks about the same size as the 360 to me...

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 01:34 PM
one of the worst reveals :roll:

EA F*CKING SPORTS? LOL

-p.tiddy-
05-21-2013, 01:37 PM

EA F*CKING SPORTS? LOL
EA Sports is HUUUUGE

it looks like Microsoft made some deals with EA...Fifa Ultimate Team will be xbox only...that will win over many

if they made any deals with Madden then I will be forced to choose xbox over Sony

tomtucker
05-21-2013, 01:37 PM

fukkin right........how about making better and more fun games...........i got about 30 ps3 games.......they are basicly all the same.......you either drive, or walk around shooting at something

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 01:38 PM
noone is ever happy with any console release/announcement :lol
get your lube ready for ps4 :rockon:

Brujesino
05-21-2013, 01:39 PM

looks about the same size as the 360 to me...
I think it looks pretty damn big, much bigger then the 360

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 01:40 PM
EA Sports is HUUUUGE

it looks like Microsoft made some deals with EA...Fifa Ultimate Team will be xbox only...that will win over many

if they made any deals with Madden then I will be forced to choose xbox over Sony
True true, but EA sports isn't what you start your game reveals with :facepalm

Brujesino
05-21-2013, 01:40 PM

EA F*CKING SPORTS? LOL
So your not excited for NBA Live 14?

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 01:41 PM
quantuam break = :biggums:

-p.tiddy-
05-21-2013, 01:42 PM
I think it looks pretty damn big, much bigger then the 360
http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20080502/xbox_360_black.jpg

if the controllers are the same size...it looks roughly the same to me

the XBox Slim is probably smaller though

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 01:42 PM
So your not excited for NBA Live 14?
You always make me laugh :lol

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 01:44 PM
get your ass ready to be kicked in ufc, bruj :pimp:

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Halo Omg C/*mm

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 01:46 PM
oh f*ck a tv series? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuu

khannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!

AlphaWolf24
05-21-2013, 01:49 PM
http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/dsc_00131.jpg

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/45.png

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/281.png

Brujesino
05-21-2013, 01:51 PM
get your ass ready to be kicked in ufc, bruj :pimp:
I never lose

Bucket_Nakedz
*yawn* i'll be waiting for the amd 9970

JerryWest
thanks for breaking the page f*ggot

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 01:52 PM
nfl fantasy is impressive, but make it nba and i'll be sold.

@jaydacris - I knew those two bitches weren't gonna represent the halo game

@bruj - Not this time

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 01:53 PM
cod :lebronamazed:

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 01:54 PM
"a new cast", does anyone even give a sh*t about the cast of call of duty :roll:

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 01:57 PM
dolphin dive is back! :roll:

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 02:04 PM
why the f*ck do i want to see hair on my character's arm or dirt on his finger nails? :biggums:

AlphaWolf24
05-21-2013, 02:05 PM
http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/dsc_0027.jpg

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/dsc_0028.jpg

call of duty ghosts

Brujesino
05-21-2013, 02:06 PM
The whole thing was meh.

It was funny has they announced a partnership with the NFL and had a segment with the commish but it didnt explain a damn thing about what the deal actually is.

Gotta wait until E3

Wally450
05-21-2013, 02:06 PM
The Halo TV series looks cool, and the EA engines look sweet.

300,000 servers for online look sweet, I wonder what the max size of an online lobby will be?

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 02:07 PM
I only started watching 15 minutes. What did I miss and what was the NFL thing about???
you missed nothing, nfl allows you to watch a game live and it updates your fantasy shiz :oldlol:

Wally450
05-21-2013, 02:07 PM
why the f*ck do i want to see hair on my character's arm or dirt on his finger nails? :biggums:

The reveal wasn't just for you, others like detail.

AlphaWolf24
05-21-2013, 02:08 PM
I only started watching 15 minutes. What did I miss and what was the NFL thing about???

Wtch NFL games on your Xbox one....and also track your your FFB team with automatic live updates..

JerryWest
05-21-2013, 02:11 PM
The reveal wasn't just for you, others like detail.
You want to get punched? Bitch :coleman:

AlphaWolf24
05-21-2013, 02:18 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/773018428.jpg

Turr able...just Turrr able...

Kungfro
05-21-2013, 02:18 PM
There's gonna be another panel in about 40 minutes that goes into more detail on the hardware.

http://majornelson.com/

Wired also has some info.
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/

LongLiveTheKing
05-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Ps4>>>>

LJJ
05-21-2013, 03:35 PM
EA Sports is HUUUUGE

Exclusive FUT would be huge in Europe, but actually:

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/336899933665906688

It's only "exclusive content", Ultimate Team will still be on PS4. Probably nothing big.

Fudge
05-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Xbox >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ps4

Patrick Chewing
05-21-2013, 03:55 PM
The Halo TV series looks cool, and the EA engines look sweet.

300,000 servers for online look sweet, I wonder what the max size of an online lobby will be?

Hopefully this eliminates any lag.

-p.tiddy-
05-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Exclusive FUT would be huge in Europe, but actually:

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/336899933665906688

It's only "exclusive content", Ultimate Team will still be on PS4. Probably nothing big.
gotcha

probably some unique playing cards

RoseCity07
05-21-2013, 05:33 PM
I really don't understand what is wrong with EA. Is it really that hard create a model of an actual human being? They don't understand how to scale. It's really pathetic.

Wally450
05-21-2013, 05:43 PM
NBA Live still looks like hot garbage, I mean the calves in the pic Alpha put up they look like they're 7 year olds.

StocktonFan
05-21-2013, 06:16 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/773018428.jpg

Turr able...just Turrr able...

dem assez

:facepalm

LongLiveTheKing
05-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Here's a pic of it.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BK0paLnCcAAPZfU.jpg
:lol
PS4>

bdreason
05-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Been a Playstation guy since day one. Will be buying PS4.

Couple of points to clear up;

1. FIFA Ultimate Team will be on PS4 as well.

2. None of the EA sports titles are exclusive to XBox One.

And how bad did that NBA Live footage look? :facepalm

bdreason
05-21-2013, 06:57 PM
And apparently the XBox One doesn't require "always online", but you will be required to connect to the Micro$oft servers at least once every 24hours for the system to operate. That means no internet, no playing games (even single player).

Lebowsky
05-21-2013, 07:01 PM
And apparently the XBox One doesn't require "always online", but you will be required to connect to the Micro$oft servers at least once every 24hours for the system to operate. That means no internet, no playing games (even single player).
Man, if that's true it's a freaking disgrace. They're going way too far with this always online and social bullshit. Not that I was going to buy it anyway, but still. I hope Sony doesn't go down the same path.

chosen_one6
05-21-2013, 07:17 PM
-Used game fee
-Won't work without Kinect
-Need to connect to XBL at least once a day

Microsoft didn't just shoot themselves in the foot, they attached a grenade to their foot and blew their legs off.

che guevara
05-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Microsoft trying to introduce as many inconveniences as possible. So many hoops to jump through, you might as well just get a gaming PC.

I haven't owned a Playstation console since the PS1, and I own an Xbox and 360, but if I end up getting a console this generation, it'll probably be a PS4. Needing to connect every 24 hours, fees on used games, required installation, Kinect required... just annoying shit I don't want to deal with.

Btw, is there ANYBODY who likes Kinect? It's ****ing stupid, I wish they'd just ditch that garbage.

StocktonFan
05-21-2013, 08:33 PM
I dont know why people buy consoles to game unless they plan to play with friends in the same room... and even then LAN gaming via PC works fine.

The last system i had was the N64... then i went to console when CS1.5 was around. Console was ten-folds better in every department. Better graphics compared to the PS2 which was new at the time, it was a bit more but served other purposes.

The same applies today... hell, for 400 bucks one can build a oct-core AMD such as mine below:

http://i.snag.gy/MTlUF.jpg

-p.tiddy-
05-21-2013, 08:41 PM
this HAS to mean that XBoxLive will be free

if not I don't think they will make it...

XBox Live is much better than Sony's net, which was hacked and had several huge down times last year as long as a month...

The_Yearning
05-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Online thing is fine... but that used game fee is going to turn heads away.

niko
05-21-2013, 09:39 PM

XBox Live is much better than Sony's net, which was hacked and had several huge down times last year as long as a month...
It's not free.

CarlosBoozer
05-21-2013, 09:52 PM

It's not free and I prefer paying.

Draz
05-21-2013, 10:04 PM

Their "always on" was leaked by one of their high management spokesperson and he was fired. Turns out it was true after all. And of course Microsoft would make users pay for their online service. I might go for PS4.

pauk
05-21-2013, 10:28 PM
pc gaming>>>>>console

considering i use a pc for other things, the expense to build a good one isnt much. lol@powerful graphics chip. whatever, console will always be a step behind. i realize the price difference but console gaming sucks.

:applause:

Draz
05-21-2013, 10:28 PM

Why would it be free? XBOX online is already free. It's called Silver Membership.

Rose
05-21-2013, 10:41 PM
I really don't think the once a day internet connection is a deal breaker.

OMG I HAVE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET TO PLAY!!! You get 24 hours if your internet goes down. Typically that shit gets fixed because it's the company's problem not yours.. And since we're all posting on a forum...I doubt ANY of us would have that problem. Unless you're so dedicated to basketball discussion you go to the library to do so.

Do I think it's ludicrous to have it? Absolutely. Is it an end of the console type thing? No.

Brujesino
05-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Their "always on" was leaked by one of their high management spokesperson and he was fired. Turns out it was true after all. And of course Microsoft would make users pay for their online service. I might go for PS4.
But it wasnt a high management spokesperson and he wasnt fired and its also not true:oldlol:

The fee thing is also not true its just unclear and people are just taking the fee thing and running with it.

But there are two more glaring concerns about Xbox One. First, how will this device handle used games? Microsoft has confirmed the device is designed so players can trade in and resell their titles at retail. Then there's this comment from Xbox Live programming manager Larry Hryb:

"Should you choose to play your game at your friend's house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile."

So, what if my friend decides to borrow my game and play on his or her profile? Do they pay a small fee, as this Wired piece suggests, to play the game? Microsoft says they haven't confirmed "specific scenarios" tied to used games.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2013/05/21/analysis-microsoft-xbox-one/2349139/

so theres no actual proof that there will be a fee.............yet.Also where are people getting the always online thing?Its confirmed that its not a always online thing.

-p.tiddy-
05-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Article on XBox Live Prices in the future (http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/04/20/always-on-microsoft-xbox-live-subscriptions-up-to-46m-will-never-be-free/)

summary: They currently have 46 million subscribers and it went up %18 just last year...they will continue to charge after XBox One release

I am thinking that I will likely go the PS4 route...but you never know, maybe MicroSoft can still win me over

Jameerthefear
05-22-2013, 12:39 AM
I really don't think the once a day internet connection is a deal breaker.

OMG I HAVE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET TO PLAY!!! You get 24 hours if your internet goes down. Typically that shit gets fixed because it's the company's problem not yours.. And since we're all posting on a forum...I doubt ANY of us would have that problem. Unless you're so dedicated to basketball discussion you go to the library to do so.

Do I think it's ludicrous to have it? Absolutely. Is it an end of the console type thing? No.
I live in rural Alabama. When my internet goes down, it might go down for a couple of hours OR a couple of days.

Crystallas
05-22-2013, 01:03 AM
Hardware: Not impressive
Design: Meh
Backwards Compatibility: Fail
Name: Seriously retarded. XboxOne? So when you go to a gamestop and buy an Xbox1 game, they will constantly have to remind you in their condescending momma's-basement-boy voices that it wont play on the XboxOne, even though it's an Xbox1 game.
Innovation: What innovation?
Development team: Cocky and live in a bubble

I give this announcement 0.5 out of 5 stars.

I'm sure they can show some awesome demos at E3 and have an awesome ad campaign, but even that might not save it. 360 will wind up being one of those legendary consoles that people miss.

Jackass18
05-22-2013, 01:32 AM
What would emo-ISH be without people bitching and moaning about something that's not even out yet?

I'll wait 'til after it's out and there's plenty of reviews about it to decide.

chosen_one6
05-22-2013, 01:37 AM
But it wasnt a high management spokesperson and he wasnt fired and its also not true:oldlol:

The fee thing is also not true its just unclear and people are just taking the fee thing and running with it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2013/05/21/analysis-microsoft-xbox-one/2349139/

so theres no actual proof that there will be a fee.............yet.Also where are people getting the always online thing?Its confirmed that its not a always online thing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-may-have-mandatory-game-installs

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-doesnt-require-internet-connection

LJJ
05-22-2013, 03:13 AM
What would emo-ISH be without people bitching and moaning about something that's not even out yet?

I'll wait 'til after it's out and there's plenty of reviews about it to decide.

What would ISH be without people moaning about other people discussing an event that takes place specifically to get people discussing?

maybeshewill13
05-22-2013, 03:16 AM
Not sure if posted already but this sums it up perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

chosen_one6
05-22-2013, 03:30 AM
Not sure if posted already but this sums it up perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

:roll:

chains5000
05-22-2013, 07:25 AM
The good thing about both systems not having backwards compatibility is all the Xbox 360 games I own won't affect my decision on what I'll buy.
I don't care switching to PS if it's the better system (I'll miss the Xbox controller, which is much better IMO).

chains5000
05-22-2013, 07:28 AM
The only games I really care about are Fallout and Dark Souls, and they're both on Xbox and PS:rockon:

LJJ
05-22-2013, 07:49 AM
The good thing about both systems not having backwards compatibility is all the Xbox 360 games I own won't affect my decision on what I'll buy.
I don't care switching to PS if it's the better system (I'll miss the Xbox controller, which is much better IMO).

For me that works the other way around actually. If the systems were backwards compatible I'd be more inclined to buy the new version of the system I didn't have, so I can play the games I missed.

I loved that I could play KOTOR1-2 and Jade Empire on my 360, even if they did run a little janky.

is sony not considering to stream all the old games? is that off?

They didn't buy that game streaming company Gaikai for nothing I hope, but they've said they aren't talking about it for now. Maybe E3 will shed some light on it.

chains5000
05-22-2013, 07:58 AM
is sony not considering to stream all the old games? is that off?
I think they said they'll try to, but I guess it'll take some time, and won't be done by the time I have to make a decision.

qrich
05-22-2013, 08:20 AM
GameBox >>

red1
05-22-2013, 08:32 AM
ps4 is going to kill this thing

IamRAMBO24
05-22-2013, 09:26 AM
ps4 is going to kill this thing

Too early to tell. Don't ever count out a company with an unlimited supply of cash and everything to lose (Microsoft's game business is their last straw to stay relevant).

IamRAMBO24
05-22-2013, 09:50 AM
http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/06/JAYZGERVAIS.gif

Surface tablets = 2.2 million sold
Windows Phone = 3.2 % of market
Xbox 360 = 77 million sold

IamRAMBO24
05-22-2013, 10:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uhlgGxf.png
:rolleyes:

Windows XP and 7 are dead. Windows 8, surface, and phones are failures. Xbox One is their last hope going forward.

aj1987
05-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Windows XP and 7 are dead. Windows 8, surface, and phones are failures. Xbox One is their last hope going forward.
The image states that the figures are from April 2013. :confusedshrug:

IamRAMBO24
05-22-2013, 10:16 AM
so you meant not relevant in selling certain entertainment devices...
sometimes I forget how to use my thought-reading skills!

What I meant was going forward, Microsoft needs to put all their eggs in this basket to remain relevant. The days of the desktop PCs are over.

LilKateMoss
05-22-2013, 10:23 AM
What I meant was going forward, Microsoft needs to put all their eggs in this basket to remain relevant. The days of the desktop PCs are over.
I thought you were ignorant just on certain topic, but I'm glad to see your cluelesness spreads far and wide. Such an asset to this board if you ask me.

niko
05-22-2013, 10:50 AM

Microsoft has their hands in a billion different things. You really are speaking out of your ass here.

niko
05-22-2013, 10:53 AM
The reveal yesterday was mind boggling. There were a bunch of things that going in their audience was basically begging and pleading for the new machine not to have, and it had ALL of them. We know you don't want always online, no used games, heavy kinect usage, no games sharing, lack of backward compatibility but here are ALL of them, and btw, we aren't going to show almost any games, but buy it anyway!

IamRAMBO24
05-22-2013, 11:31 AM
but yes, stop making SQL or exchange servers and put all eggs in the xbox basket. that's the only way to stay relevant. How the company is still alive without you is mind-boggling!

That was what I was thinking!

Gates needs to step down and let me take over this sh*t. I would create 3D holographic emoticons of a hot steamy pile of dung that I can virtually fling at your face. The problem with Gates is he's too much of a nerd to understand the evolution of the computer market. No one is going to buy Windows 8 because Apple is 10 step ahead of him. The best he can do is to pay off the government to enact anti-trust laws to slow them down. Microsoft is dead. Xbox one is their last hope.

niko
05-22-2013, 11:48 AM
That was what I was thinking!

Gates needs to step down and let me take over this sh*t. I would create 3D holographic emoticons of a hot steamy pile of dung that I can virtually fling at your face. The problem with Gates is he's too much of a nerd to understand the evolution of the computer market. No one is going to buy Windows 8 because Apple is 10 step ahead of him. The best he can do is to pay off the government to enact anti-trust laws to slow them down. Microsoft is dead. Xbox one is their last hope.

Microsoft beat estimates and the prior year 2012 vs. 2011. This was despite the XBOX division underperforming vs. both. It also wasn't really that significant a portion of the $75 BILLION in profit they made last year.

$75 BILLION THEY MADE LAST YEAR.

You're just 100% wrong and not even arguing on facts.

Wally450
05-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Can't wait for more stuff at E3

SCREWstonRockets
05-22-2013, 12:26 PM
I dont know why people buy consoles to game unless they plan to play with friends in the same room... and even then LAN gaming via PC works fine.

The last system i had was the N64... then i went to console when CS1.5 was around. Console was ten-folds better in every department. Better graphics compared to the PS2 which was new at the time, it was a bit more but served other purposes.

The same applies today... hell, for 400 bucks one can build a oct-core AMD such as mine below:

.http://i.snag.gy/MTlUF.jpg

Geez you pc gaming nerds always have to come in and talk about how pc games are soooo much better. Hey guess what nerd ass, maybe some folks don't like playing games by themselves in a dark room, talking into headsets at 3:47AM

StocktonFan
05-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Geez you pc gaming nerds always have to come in and talk about how pc games are soooo much better. Hey guess what nerd ass, maybe some folks don't like playing games by themselves in a dark room, talking into headsets at 3:47AM

try LAN? :facepalm

IamRAMBO24
05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Microsoft beat estimates and the prior year 2012 vs. 2011. This was despite the XBOX division underperforming vs. both. It also wasn't really that significant a portion of the $75 BILLION in profit they made last year.

That was last year.

Kungfro
05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Few thoughts on the new console:
-I'm ok with no backwards compatibility, I still have a perfectly functional 360 and ps3.
-I actually kind of like the look of it
-the name is odd
-while kinect on 360 was kinda garbage, I know they cut some things out in order to bring down costs then rushed it out before it was ready. If this is an improved version, I'd be interested in seeing a little more.
-I don't like what I've been hearing as far as the used game stuff goes, but apparently they're going to clarify that stuff later so hopefully it isn't as bad as what's been speculated.

IamRAMBO24
05-22-2013, 12:40 PM
-I don't like what I've been hearing as far as the used game stuff goes, but apparently they're going to clarify that stuff later so hopefully it isn't as bad as what's been speculated.

That would be the nail in the coffin for them. I'm an avid Xbox user and even I would not purchase the one if they are going to make me pay to play used games. It's not even about the money; it's just wrong on so many levels.

Wally450
05-22-2013, 12:43 PM
I feel people are reaching when bitching about the name. Everyone's gonna bitch and complain though because its not what they want.

Everyone on Reddit is just flaming this reveal, yet 99% of them will still be standing outside BestBuy the night it comes out.

ItsMillerTime
05-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Lemme clarify the used game issue real quick:

You can still play used games on other consoles for free. You just need to be logged in to your XBL account. However, if for whatever reason you can't put your account on another Xbox (I don't see why this isn't possible), you will need to pay a small fee.

chosen_one6
05-22-2013, 12:54 PM

You can still play used games on other consoles for free. You just need to be logged in to your XBL account. However, if for whatever reason you can't put your account on another Xbox (I don't see why this isn't possible), you will need to pay a small fee.

No one knows if the fee is going to be small or if you're going to have to pay full MSRP.

-p.tiddy-
05-22-2013, 01:14 PM
to me the name of the console and the way it looks are completely meaningless

as long as it fits on a TV stand I am good...

IamRAMBO24
05-22-2013, 01:22 PM

What about games I buy at gamestop? Do I have to pay Microsoft too if I want to play those games? That is the lamest sh*t I have ever heard.

IamRAMBO24
05-22-2013, 01:23 PM
to me the name of the console and the way it looks are completely meaningless

as long as it fits on a TV stand I am good...

Yea who cares about the games.

Rose
05-22-2013, 01:57 PM

Are you talking about the xbox underperforming overseas or..?

Because here it's the highest selling for 28 months in a row. I think in Europe it changes often but is overall a fairly close thing.

And then no one in Asia buys it and M$ couldn't care less about that market.

SCREWstonRockets
try LAN? :facepalm

:durantunimpressed:

PHX_Phan
Too early to tell. Don't ever count out a company with an unlimited supply of cash and everything to lose (Microsoft's game business is their last straw to stay relevant).

ItsMillerTime
05-22-2013, 01:58 PM
What about games I buy at gamestop? Do I have to pay Microsoft too if I want to play those games? That is the lamest sh*t I have ever heard.

No... there are no extra fees to be paid when you buy games at retail stores.

Rake2204
05-22-2013, 08:45 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/970830_250109165131074_1216133979_n.jpg

mrpuente
05-23-2013, 02:45 AM
So what happens if you dont connect it to the internet?

StocktonFan
05-23-2013, 04:57 AM

it explodes dude... duh

CarlosBoozer
05-23-2013, 05:46 AM
it explodes dude... duh
:oldlol:

StocktonFan
05-23-2013, 05:49 AM
Out of curiosity why would MS not care about Asia? seems like a great market with a lot of people, Japan and South Korea among other should be a big market.

Although Sony is Japanese company so they have a big advantage in Japan.

Because EA is not interested in branching out to mathblaster-esque titles for the xbox

i kid i kid lol

Rose
05-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Out of curiosity why would MS not care about Asia? seems like a great market with a lot of people, Japan and South Korea among other should be a big market.

Although Sony is Japanese company so they have a big advantage in Japan.
They rarely buy anything from the US if there's a Japanese alternative, and the xbox since it's first day has pretty much never catered to any other market besides the shooters market. Yeah there's Forza...but there's really no RPG. Even the original Mass Effect is now on PS3.

And this nugget (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/23/xbox-one-in-japan-remains-uncertain?abthid=519e3effed50da5b2600000c) dropped today as well.

bladefd
05-23-2013, 04:15 PM
So now you have to pay extra money to unlock used games if you buy them? Terrible idea. That means I will not be buying an xbox one.

Microsoft corporate vice president Phil Harrison stated that game discs could be installed and played on more than one console.[45] Details released indicate that games are tied to Xbox Live accounts.[46] An unlock fee will be charged to play a registered game under a different Live account.[46]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One

PS4 will not have that so if I do buy a next generation system, it will be PS4. I want to be able to buy used games for cheap, beat it, and then move onto other games. Here, I would have to buy an used game, re-register it to my Live account with a charge, play it and go through that process for the next used game I buy? No thanks.

bladefd
05-23-2013, 04:22 PM

Then I believe you cannot play it offline for extensive periods. I think that is how it goes: you need to connect to Live.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

I read some mixed messages that it is not the case. Some recent contradictions from microsoft. Nothing new official from Microsoft since those contradictions to quench the question marks..
http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/22/4354796/xbox-one-always-online-requirement-used-games-confusion

Rake2204
05-23-2013, 05:25 PM
https://i.minus.com/ibcHIyVOGJM8mo.gif

Derka
05-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Is the price point really in the $600 range? That's just not even an option for me. I'd much rather buy PC upgrades, but to each their own I guess.

-p.tiddy-
05-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Is the price point really in the $600 range? That's just not even an option for me. I'd much rather buy PC upgrades, but to each their own I guess.
I seriously doubt it

I bet they get them out for $300-$400 and actually take a profit loss on them, just the hardware anyway...that is what they did last time

they just want them in people's homes...if they can do that the money will come later

bluechox2
05-23-2013, 09:06 PM
http://i.minus.com/iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

xbox definitely ****ed itself...

might as well just get the pc version of the game, hell my computer right now has better specs than the xbox1

red1
05-23-2013, 09:21 PM
sony>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>> microsoft

ps2 was better than the first xbox
ps3 was better than the 360
ps4 will be better than the xboxone

DaSeba5
05-23-2013, 09:44 PM

You win the Internet

-p.tiddy-
05-23-2013, 09:51 PM

love it

TheMan
05-24-2013, 11:28 AM
I've always had Sony Playstion and don't plan on changing anytime soon. Xbox just doesn't do it for me.

blablabla
05-24-2013, 11:44 AM
I contemplating a switch to Sony for the next generation of consoles, since I am from Europe all the TV features are useless for me, also the fact that you can't buy play used games is terrible. According to rumors you will also have to connect it to the Internet every 24 hours, which i think will again scare off potential customers.

-p.tiddy-
05-24-2013, 01:41 PM
It looks like I will go the Sony direction...sucks getting reused to their controller

-Had a PS2, loved the Sony controller...hated getting used to the XBox controller

-eventually learned to love the XBox controller and dislike the Sony controller...

-going back the Sony controller

:mad:

blablabla
05-24-2013, 04:20 PM
It looks like I will go the Sony direction...sucks getting reused to their controller

-Had a PS2, loved the Sony controller...hated getting used to the XBox controller

-eventually learned to love the XBox controller and dislike the Sony controller...

-going back the Sony controller

:mad:
same here tho i do like the ps controller and it fits my tiny hands perfectly but the analog sticks are dreadful

-p.tiddy-
05-24-2013, 04:43 PM
same here tho i do like the ps controller and it fits my tiny hands perfectly but the analog sticks are dreadful
the way XBox set up the trigger buttons and shoulder buttons feels MUCH more natural to me than the way Sony just has 4 shoulder buttons...

and yeah the analog sticks of the xbox feel better because there is more room...

it took me quite a while to release that xbox had a better design, and it sucks that now after going through that learning I have to switch back, but oh well

Rose
05-24-2013, 04:47 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/24/xbox-one-will-kinect-2-use-visual-drm

:roll: :roll:

I can't believe M$ even has the balls to try this shit. Do they not realize they don't have as much power as they did in 1999?

Agreed on the controller. The 4 bumper thing is terrible. I wish Sony would have went away from that but oh well. There's also adapters for the current gen of consoles for using a 360 controller on a ps3. I never tried it though.

Brujesino
05-24-2013, 04:57 PM
What has the PS4 offered?As far as i know the PS4 is just as big a mystery then the Xbox.Xbox is just being tore down with rumors.

Iam going to wait until E3 to choose a side.

Rose
05-24-2013, 05:06 PM
What has the PS4 offered?As far as i know the PS4 is just as big a mystery then the Xbox.Xbox is just being tore down with rumors.

Iam going to wait until E3 to choose a side.
Better specs, some gameplay, they revealed how they were going to help indie game makers. The controller. I can't remember much else.

What's funny is people at M$ (and in the media) were ripping Sony for not revealing a lot besides the console's specs and some games. No price listing, no console, no decision on if PSN was still going to be free, etc.

Then M$ says shit, but doesn't have their duckies in a line, shows no gameplay, and gets absolutely ripped to shreds because different people are saying different things about different stuff sometimes just minutes apart. And now people are completely ignoring the fact they showed no gameplay whatsoever. :lol

Patrick Chewing
05-25-2013, 12:10 AM
Look at what Xbox is doing. It's destroying families.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e57_1369437764

IamRAMBO24
05-26-2013, 12:37 AM

That was so funny.

brandonislegend
05-26-2013, 12:52 AM
Good bye game stop and all their employers.

Meticode
05-26-2013, 02:48 AM

1.) Someone should count how many times they say the world "n!gga", like JFC...

2.) I present to you the possible future of the world in this video.

tomtucker
05-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Good bye game stop and all their employers.

why ?...............and there is also wii and wii-u games

sommervilleCdn
05-26-2013, 04:22 PM
http://cdn1-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/05/Xbox_Dogs.gif

on another note: wii u sales skyrocket in the UK after xboxOne reveal
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/wii-u-sales-skyrocket-after-x-box-one-reveal.453049631/

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/27900000/Cute-Link-the-legend-of-zelda-27974298-400-358.jpg

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Cute-Plushies-by-Michelle-Coffee-misscoffee-Starring-Link-Magneto-Adventure-Time-Dragon-Ball-More.jpg

CeltsGarlic
05-27-2013, 07:11 AM
http://i2.wp.com/www.techtandoori.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/xbox-one-true-lies.gif

Meticode
05-27-2013, 11:35 AM
This makes me happy I don't play games any longer. At least to the extend of consoles or PC.

sunsfan1357
05-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Some people in Australia and Germany are starting to call the new Xbox a surveillance device:

Vines says Microsoft should be upfront about what it does with data collected by Xbox One.
"Microsoft's new Xbox meets the definition of a surveillance device under some Australian laws, so they need to be upfront and tell customers whether anyone else can intercept their information or remotely access their device," Vines said.
This sentiment is being felt the world over, with Berlin's federal data protection commissioner, Peter Schaar, telling Spiegel Online that Xbox One is nothing more than a monitoring device under the guise of a gaming console.
"The Xbox One continuously records all sorts of personal information about me. My reaction rates, my learning or emotional states. These are then processed on an external server, and possibly even passed on to third parties."

http://games.ninemsn.com.au/news/privacy-breach-xbox-one-a-twisted-nightmare

LJJ
05-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Some people in Australia and Germany are starting to call the new Xbox a surveillance device:

Sometimes I wonder how dumb these companies are. I mean. Microsoft is known for having some of the smartest business models around, but this is some amazingly next level moronic shit. They really didn't consider that if they say: "We're going to put a HD camera/microphone in your living room that is always recording, always on, can't be controlled, can't be turned off and is capable of identifying you and everything you say or do", that is going to be seen as a massive invasion of privacy?

TheMan
05-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Sometimes I wonder how dumb these companies are. I mean. Microsoft is known for having some of the smartest business models around, but this is some amazingly next level moronic shit. They really didn't consider that if they say: "We're going to put a HD camera/microphone in your living room that is always recording, always on, can't be controlled, can't be turned off and is capable of identifying you and everything you say or do", that is going to be seen as a massive invasion of privacy?
F.uck XBox

General
05-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Like anyone at Microsoft or any third party would want to spy on you fatass gamers : :oldlol: :oldlol:

General
05-27-2013, 01:55 PM
I think the reason a lot of people on this forum are dissing the XBOX ONE is cause there a lot of Asians posting on this site and for whatever reason they side with Sony.

CeltsGarlic
05-27-2013, 02:00 PM
I think the reason a lot of people on this forum are dissing the XBOX ONE is cause there a lot of Asians posting on this site and for whatever reason they side with Sony.

Look at other sites. Everyone is dissing it badly. M$ better work on some crazy impressive presentation on E3, focusing on games.

Is He Ill
05-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Look at other sites. Everyone is dissing it badly. M$ better work on some crazy impressive presentation on E3, focusing on games.

They made it pretty clear before the unveiling that the initial presentation would focus on the hardware and their E3 presentation would focus on games. That being said, the always on Kinect is a deal breaker for me. I'm probably going to go with the PS4 solely because of that reason.

Rose
05-27-2013, 07:33 PM
People are pushing Sony not use anything DRM like on the PS4. Which is great. But they might lose support from the publishers, however...I think it could be smart if they stabbed them in the back. Why?

1. The main company that consumers dislike is EA, who would be pissed the most if they backed out. But they couldn't alienate people who already pre-ordered battlefield (amongst other titles if fifa 14 is available to preorder idk just using it as another example) because that also alienates the consumer. Especially when people already dislike EA whether they deserve it or not. However I could see them doing it anyways because...EA. and also they'd probably at the very least stop developing more games for the ps4.

2. In the short run I feel it's a genius way to actually generate sales. I can guarantee everyone but the diehardest of all fan boys would deviate to ps4 from xbox. And Sony actually has the games to survive backlash from studios not supporting them right off the beginning. Launching Killzone, Infamous, and I'd assume Bungie couldn't care less would probably still let them have Destiny.

Then lesser games like Knack, The Witness, and some we probably haven't heard of. So even if for some reason they lost the publishers they'd still have a decent launch line up, and the immediate console sales would help too.

3. In the 6months-18 or so they'd be kinda screwed because usually the first year is the roughest but I think it'd extend a bit since Naughty Dog won't have a ps4 game for awhile. And with the other big sony-owned studios launching immediately they might have some lows. But if the wii u can keep surviving without any big titles I think Sony could as well.

4. in the long run the big publishers like EA, Ubisoft, etc would probably want back in particularly if xbox one sales were still shitty, and ps4 was still selling at a solid click.

So I don't know if Sony is ballsy enough to piss off the publishers initially...but I think from a business standpoint they might actually be better off doing it.

bluechox2
05-30-2013, 10:52 PM
bye bye xbox

JerryWest
05-30-2013, 11:32 PM
nice try xbox, ps4 got this in the bag :rockon:

miller-time
05-31-2013, 12:09 AM
I preferred the Xbox over ps3 this generation, but I am seriously considering jumping ship.

Rake2204
06-07-2013, 12:16 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/07/evyhyjed.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/954815_10151629806118498_380408360_n.jpg

niko
06-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Speaking as a Sony supporter (I always have the Nintendo and Sony systems, microsoft rarely) and noting how ridiculous this is, i'd be surprised if Sony manages to stay above this and not have restrictions on used game selling when the companies so badly want it. I don't think we'll find out as much bad news as we did with the XBone but i know some things about PS4, game sharing, etc. we will not like. I'm sure of it.

Rake2204
06-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Speaking as a Sony supporter (I always have the Nintendo and Sony systems, microsoft rarely) and noting how ridiculous this is, i'd be surprised if Sony manages to stay above this and not have restrictions on used game selling when the companies so badly want it. I don't think we'll find out as much bad news as we did with the XBone but i know some things about PS4, game sharing, etc. we will not like. I'm sure of it.Yes, I agree with you. XBox's supposed pact with specific retailers for used game sales would seem to suggest this could very well be something both consoles move toward.

On the other hand, if PS4 does not require an internet connection every 24 hours (even for single player offline games) and does not insist a video camera always be connected, I still think I'll end up viewing them more favorably at this point.

I personally loved the PS2 and ignored the original XBox. Then I was drawn to the XBox 360 and loved it (and ignored the PS3). So I suppose at this point, I'd be an XBox person, but I can't front, things are looking a little crazy for them right now. I cannot imagine going their way if PS4 offers an even slightly less insane experience.

joe
06-07-2013, 01:33 PM
You don't own the game after you sell it to me, that's just insane twisting of intellectual property right law. IP is meant to give you a short term license so people don't steal your idea before you are able to create it. 1 year, 2 years later you don't still keep that right. Laughable!

But DRM or whatever, as much as I hate it, is a pretty interesting innovation for them. That's the type of thing I'd expect them to make in the absence of intellectual property law- a way to ensure sales without going through the courts and legal system. I think that's pretty cool! But as a consumer I think they're total ***** for trying this.

Microsoft was already on my shit list after the RROD incident, charging me for gamer pictures, microsoft points, etc. DRM and the other creepy features of Xbox One would mean I'm never buying it!

IamRAMBO24
06-07-2013, 01:42 PM
You guys have to understand that the console platform is extremely fragile. Atari, Nintendo, and Sega used to dominate the industry, but due to mismanagement and bad decisions (all due to hardware), other players played on their weaknesses and took over the competition.

If both Sony and Microsoft decide to go this route, then there will be other players in the game. We're the consumers; as consumers we dictate what we want. If our needs are not satisfied, we will go else where.

Microsoft is stupid for trying to be a bully and telling consumers what they truly own is not really their's.

Nanners
06-07-2013, 01:45 PM

considering the story that just broke showing that microsoft was the first tech company to join the NSA spy program back in 2007, the argument that the xbox one is a surveillance device just got a LOT stronger. I am never giving another cent to microsoft.

http://gizmodo.com/what-is-prism-511875267

tomtucker
06-07-2013, 01:48 PM
haha......fukk microsoft and xbox.............. ps4 and nintendo will take over

GOBB
06-07-2013, 01:51 PM
So to sell me game the person must be on my Xbox live friends list for 30 days? I'm sorry that list sounds made up.

Is He Ill
06-07-2013, 02:02 PM
So to sell me game the person must be on my Xbox live friends list for 30 days? I'm sorry that list sounds made up.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

"Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once."

Straight from their website.

tomtucker
06-07-2013, 02:04 PM
http://i.minus.com/iGpVCeVzdBTUf.gif
:oldlol: :applause:

GOBB
06-07-2013, 02:09 PM

"Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once."

Thats crazy! Thanks for link I'll read up on this more.

Nanners
06-07-2013, 02:47 PM

I dont understand how this is legal

First Sale Doctrine - A legal principle that limits a rightsholders rights to control content after it has been sold for the first time. According to first sale doctrine, lawful ownership of an item, such as a music CD or a book, is not the same as owning the copyright of the item. The owner of the item may lend, resell, give away and or/destroy the copyrighted item but is not granted the right to copy the item in its entirety. The transfer of the copy does not include the transfer of the contents copyright. The legal principle applies to physical items as well as digital content that is downloaded over the Internet.

niko
06-07-2013, 02:58 PM
I dont understand how this is legal

First Sale Doctrine - A legal principle that limits a rightsholders rights to control content after it has been sold for the first time. According to first sale doctrine, lawful ownership of an item, such as a music CD or a book, is not the same as owning the copyright of the item. The owner of the item may lend, resell, give away and or/destroy the copyrighted item but is not granted the right to copy the item in its entirety. The transfer of the copy does not include the transfer of the contents copyright. The legal principle applies to physical items as well as digital content that is downloaded over the Internet.
You can sell it, it just doesn't work. They aren't stopping you from selling it 1,000 times. It just doesn't come with the license to use it.

Rose
06-07-2013, 03:23 PM
http://kotaku.com/microsoft-denies-participation-in-prism-data-gathering-511932845

:lebronamazed:

Seriously though M$ chose a really shitty day to verify the kinect always connected/listening thing.

Nanners
06-07-2013, 03:29 PM
http://kotaku.com/microsoft-denies-participation-in-prism-data-gathering-511932845

:lebronamazed:

Seriously though M$ chose a really shitty day to verify the kinect always connected/listening thing.

Tough day indeed. Over on /r/gaming (http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/) aprox 80% of the top 25 posts right now are anti xbone

Rose
06-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Tough day indeed. Over on /r/gaming (http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/) aprox 80% of the top 25 posts right now are anti xbone
I'm eager to see what Sony does. Will they be willing to piss off publishers, or are they going to wimp out as well.

Hell Sony can even go along with the fairly pretty much DRM. If they avoid some of the stupid stuff like every day check in, keeping online multiplayer free, etc.

I just don't understand why M$ decided 24 hours? I mean it's not like the electricity/internet infrastructure is great here, let alone around the world.

Nanners
06-07-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm eager to see what Sony does. Will they be willing to piss off publishers, or are they going to wimp out as well.

Hell Sony can even go along with the fairly pretty much DRM. If they avoid some of the stupid stuff like every day check in, keeping online multiplayer free, etc.

I just don't understand why M$ decided 24 hours? I mean it's not like the electricity/internet infrastructure is great here, let alone around the world.

I am sure Sony has some kind of DRM, but Sony has confirmed that you can buy/sell/trade used games as much as you want with the PS4, and they do seem to be avoiding stupid stuff like daily check in.

PHX_Phan
06-07-2013, 03:58 PM
If Sony follows in M$'s tracks, I'll just forgo console gaming all-together. I'd prefer a console, but at this point the added convenience is being compromised.

AlphaWolf24
06-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Can't turn off the Kinect?...WTF?

That alone will make them lose half thier customer base....

100% they change that ...

LBJMVP
06-08-2013, 12:03 AM
i dont understand how microsoft thought this was a good system at all.

i'm probly gonna switch the sony.

had playstation, playstation 2, skipped three for 360, going for ps4

xbox one looks retarded.

bluechox2
06-08-2013, 12:09 AM
just have 10 of the best gamers you know added as family, enjoy the whole collection of games between the 10

tomtucker
06-08-2013, 05:04 AM
don

IamRAMBO24
06-08-2013, 11:55 PM
The Xbox One Might Let Sony's PS4 Win By Default

[quote]Last night, Microsoft MSFT +2.06% dumped a pile of information into our laps about some of the more controversial specifics of the Xbox One. We heard confirmation about its practices for always on, used game resale, and game ownership in general. Some of the highlights:

- Your Xbox must check in via the internet once every 24 hours, if not, you won

IamRAMBO24
06-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Anybody want to take a stab at this idiot:

mikestoolz

The reasoning behind this while at a glance looks horrendous but I think it is understandable. I think that many reporting about this topic do not fully understand what is happing and may not until they get their own xbox one in their hands.

Main point to focus on is this... Games no longer play off of discs! You insert your game and it loads into your xbox one console, you then take the disc out and can play your library of games loaded onto the console.

Think of it like a Rhapsody all you can eat music subscription. You can load all the music you want onto your device, however the device will have to check in to the service from time to time to make sure your account is still in good standing and you have rights to play the music.

What they are trying to avoid is you loading your game into your console and then saying, I already got this game loaded on my console now I can sell the disc and continue to enjoy the game I have loaded into the xbox one. 24 Hours does seem harsh but I think is fair. Just think about Video Game Rentals, People would be renting the game for 1 day, loading it onto the XBOX ONE, return the rented disc and continue playing the game offline for several days. With 24 hours thats one extra day of gameplay for your rented games as long as you stay offline.

I do have a feeling that if complaints get high enough, microsoft will come out with a software update that allows unlimited offline gameplay time as long as the disc is inserted into the console. The xbox would continue playing the game off of the hard drive, but do continuous checks to make sure the original game disc is still inserted in the DVD drive. This is something Microsoft will try to avoid as I'm sure that the modding community would be quick to come up with some DVD drive hacks like they have done to the 360

Dragonyeuw
06-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Microsoft is out of their fcuking minds if they think this $hit will fly. There's too many gaming options nowadays for them to bring that 'our way or the highway' mentality to gaming. Gaming should be as simple as sitting down on the couch with friends with alcohol, pizza, and a controller, with alot of laughs and fun to follow. They're taking this age-old process and complicating the shit out of it.

-Must check-in every 24 hours online? Heaven forbid my net may be down for whatever reason. Guess I'm SOL.

- Paying a fee for a preowned game? Didn't they make their money off the initial sale? They want to make money off each transaction of a sale beyond the initial one when it was a new, sealed game? I understand the 'online fee' if its a game where you're using their servers, totally understand having you pay for that. But single player games too?!

- Trade ins will only be allowed at certain retailers? Obviously gamestop and I guess bestbuy or whatever. Mom and pop stores? Microsoft says fcuk you.

- loaning games to friends, and vice versa? Apparently that friend can access the game for an hour free, and which point they'll then be prompted to pay to keep playing( Im guessing at that point they're buying the game since games will be installed to the HDD and playable sans disk). Same scenario if its just an afternoon where your buddies come over and bring their games along.

- All that DLC content, xbox live arcade games, indie games you purchased, NOT playable on xbox one since there's no kind of backwards compatibility. In fairness ps4 is the same. All I can say is WTF? These companies are pushing download content as the future, and now we find that this content won't even play from one generation of console (ps3/xbox 360) to the next(ps4/xbox one)?

I've been with xbox since day one. Bought the original at launch in 2001, been an xbox live customer since 2003, bought the 360 as soon as they became readily available in 2006. That streak ends with the next xbox, I don't give a damn what games they have coming for it. I'm not having my rights as a consumer, rights protected by the 'first sale', trampled on in this manner.

miller-time
06-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Microsoft is out of their fcuking minds if they think this $hit will fly. There's too many gaming options nowadays for them to bring that 'our way or the highway' mentality to gaming. Gaming should be as simple as sitting down on the couch with friends with alcohol, pizza, and a controller, with alot of laughs and fun to follow. They're taking this age-old process and complicating the shit out of it.

I saw this before, their target audience doesn't care, and Microsoft does care about our demographic as much as this one :(

http://i1.livememe.com/ttxour.jpg

CeltsGarlic
06-09-2013, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]don

tomtucker
06-09-2013, 11:28 AM
lol no way, man.

Sports games have been stuck for couple of years because of limitations of current consoles. Get it?

We need a lot of new animations, better AI, better graphics. All these are on hold right now.

okay then........when nba and nhl 14 or 15 for ps4 comes, lets see if there is a big difference........

Rake2204
06-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Playstation has just announced their requirements as to how to share your games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Brujesino
06-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Xboxone just forced me to buy a ps4.

I'm going to miss you xbox controller:cry:

kNicKz
06-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Playstation has just announced their requirements as to how to share your games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

:bowdown:

Meticode
06-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Wow, I don't play consoles, but it seems like Microsoft really f*cked up on this. :oldlol: You pay a fee to play your friends game? You can't play the game unless you install it? And you can't play a game unless you have a net connection? Might as well buy a god damn PC and have way more flexibility with that.

Jameerthefear
06-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Wow, I don't play consoles, but it seems like Microsoft really f*cked up on this. :oldlol: You pay a fee to play your friends game? You can't play the game unless you install it? And you can't play a game unless you have a net connection? Might as well buy a god damn PC and have way more flexibility with that.
No point in buying an Xbox One anymore unless you're a fanboy or getting both. It should be PS4 or PC if you're smart.

che guevara
06-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Xboxone just forced me to buy a ps4.

I'm going to miss you xbox controller:cry:
This. I bought an Xbox and a 360 because of Halo, superior features, and the superior controller compared to the Playstation, but there's no chance I'm getting an Xboxone. Sony's caught up with their online structure/features, they're not restricting it with stupid bullshit like Microsoft, and Halo has turned into an average franchise. There's literally no reason to stick with Microsoft at this point. I haven't owned a Playstation console since the Ps1 in the 90s, but if I end up getting a new console, it's going to be the Ps4. The only way I would consider the Xb1 at this point is if Microsoft backtracked on all of their shit.

Oh, and not only is the Ps4 superior in basically every way imaginable, it's $100 cheaper. It's unreal how badly Microsoft has screwed this thing up. 99% of the time, it's in the best interest of gamers to see all consoles succeed because it pushes quality and innovation, but with the XB1, it's in our best interest for it to fail so the industry knows that we won't put up with this kind of bullshit.

bmulls
06-10-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm not 100% up to date on this Xbox thing. Does this mean on the new Xbox you can't go to Gamestop and sell your old games and buy used games?

If so that is ridiculous.

miller-time
06-11-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm not 100% up to date on this Xbox thing. Does this mean on the new Xbox you can't go to Gamestop and sell your old games and buy used games?

Pretty much, you can also only lend games to a friend (that has been on your friend list for more than 30 days) once.

This was Sony's response!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

flipogb
06-11-2013, 12:33 AM
I was a PS2 guy in that gen (owned a Gamecube for a bit), then an XBox 360 only (never had a Wii or PS3) , looks like im back to Sony this time as I hate restrictions and I really like PS Plus (I have a Vita).

DCL
06-11-2013, 02:23 AM
i retired from video games since around PS2... which was also about the same time i quit smoking weed.

wonder if there was any correlation. lol

buddha
06-11-2013, 02:25 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/b6c9ca5c5366afa543074a6c8bb91e9c/tumblr_mo7m8sC2E41r03eaxo1_r1_400.gif

TylerOO
06-11-2013, 02:26 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/b6c9ca5c5366afa543074a6c8bb91e9c/tumblr_mo7m8sC2E41r03eaxo1_r1_400.gif

miller-time
06-11-2013, 02:33 AM
i retired from video games since around PS2... which was also about the same time i quit smoking weed.

wonder if there was any correlation. lol

No that is a correlation, I think you mean causation. Are you sure you stopped smoking weed? :D

Dragonyeuw
06-11-2013, 08:07 AM

Pretty much this. Someone do one with Vince Carter( ps4) dunking over Frederick Weis( xbox one).

Nick Young
06-11-2013, 08:12 AM
videogames aka timewaste machines designed to hold back people from reaching their true potential and leading fulfilling lives.

chains5000
06-11-2013, 08:27 AM
videogames aka timewaste machines designed to hold back people from reaching their true potential and leading fulfilling lives.
The same can be said about internet forums, you know

Jameerthefear
06-11-2013, 08:32 AM

Lebowsky
06-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Message board trolling, on the other hand, is such a fulfilling endeavour.

Nick Young
06-11-2013, 08:48 AM
The same can be said about internet forums, you know
I agree with you

Nick Young
06-11-2013, 08:48 AM
It's true old sport.

Dragonyeuw
06-11-2013, 08:49 AM

Appreciate you taking time out of your meaningful, fulfilled existence to inform us inferior folk of this on an internet message board.

Nick Young
06-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Appreciate you taking time out of your meaningful, fulfilled existence to inform us inferior folk of this on an internet message board.
Damn, why's everyone getting so butthurt and defensive? The truth hurts that much eh?

Dragonyeuw
06-11-2013, 08:56 AM

Apparently, 'select' retailers will be authorized to accept trade-ins. Gamestop will certainly be a part of that 'distinguished' group. As far as buying used games you can, and once you pop it into your xbox you'll then be prompted to pay a fee to lock that game to your user profile as the new 'owner'( and I use that term very loosely) of the game.

Dragonyeuw
06-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Damn, why's everyone getting so butthurt and defensive? The truth hurts that much eh?

Butthurt over comments from some random message board poster? You're not that important, champ. I just love the irony of you telling us gaming is a waste of time on an internet message board, which on its own merits is synonymous with 'time-wasting'.

Lebowsky
06-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Butthurt over comments from some random message board poster? You're not that important, sport.
Fixed.

Nick Young
06-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Butthurt over comments from some random message board poster? You're not that important, champ. I just love the irony of you telling us gaming is a waste of time on an internet message board, which on its own merits is synonymous with 'time-wasting'.
Irony is the root of most good comedy:rockon:

Compounding message boarding with obsessive videogaming is a recipe for a life time of failure.

Don't hate the messenger, hate the message, sport.

treadster
06-11-2013, 09:11 AM
see microsoft, that is how you share games

Dragonyeuw
06-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Compounding message boarding with obsessive videogaming is a recipe for a life time of failure.

As is trolling, not that I'm speaking about you of course. No, I'm sure your 9,000 posts in two years has taken you to immeasurable levels of success.

Lebowsky
06-11-2013, 09:19 AM
As is trolling, not that I'm speaking about you of course. No, I'm sure your 9,000 posts in two years has taken you to immeasurable levels of success.
He's probably close to 15000 if you include his many alts.

Dragonyeuw
06-11-2013, 09:20 AM
He's probably close to 15000 if you include his many alts.

Good point.

bmulls
06-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Apparently, 'select' retailers will be authorized to accept trade-ins. Gamestop will certainly be a part of that 'distinguished' group. As far as buying used games you can, and once you pop it into your xbox you'll then be prompted to pay a fee to lock that game to your user profile as the new 'owner'( and I use that term very loosely) of the game.

:biggums:

So what about redbox games? I have to pay for the redbox rental and then another fee when I get home?

If the PS4 is allowing used games obviously they don't think the used game market is ruining their profits or anything. This is just pure greed from Microsoft. I've been an Xbox man forever but if they don't change this before the new consoles come out I'm gonna buy the PS4 with no regrets.

edit:

Apparently it is $100 cheaper as well, I am sold

Nick Young
06-11-2013, 10:03 AM
GOod job being overly defensive and lashing out to remove yourself from personal responsibility:applause:

Dragonyeuw
06-11-2013, 10:06 AM

So what about redbox games? I have to pay for the redbox rental and then another fee when I get home?

If the PS4 is allowing used games obviously they don't think the used game market is ruining their profits or anything. This is just pure greed from Microsoft. I've been an Xbox man forever but if they don't change this before the new consoles come out I'm gonna buy the PS4 with no regrets.

edit:

Apparently it is $100 cheaper as well, I am sold

No idea about that, though on the surface it would appear that redbox/gamefly and all mom and pop stores are going to be greatly impacted by these measures.

Here's the other thing: do you ever go to a friend's house( or vice versa) and bring your games over to play every so often? :no: Not anymore with the xbox one. There's a lot of information out there, but from what I understand you can loan a game to a friend once, and you can play a game on another person's xbox for an hour, then you're prompted to pay a fee. There's just a ton of confusion that's been created by MS with all these draconian measures.

So yeah, Ps4 for me this time around, and I've been an xbox gamer since the original launched in 2001. Been with live since 2003.....MS lost me as a costumer.

Dragonyeuw
06-11-2013, 10:10 AM
GOod job being overly defensive and lashing out to remove yourself from personal responsibility:applause:

9930 posts on this account in 2 years ( and whatever else with your alts). Well done, I aspire to be like you when I grow up. :applause:

Of course, nothing I've said has anything to do with removing oneself from personal responsibility but eh, at this point I'm merely humoring you. Trolls need love too.:cheers:

TheMan
06-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Ether:oldlol:

intrinsic
06-11-2013, 11:45 AM
This is bad. Microsoft survived the massive blow dealt by bluray because they wisely decided to leave hd-dvd as an optional accessory. The 360 still was a 360 without it.
Negotiating an internet connection every 24 hours is wtf. Things like this should exist on the periphery. You know they're there, but it's never going to bother you. 30 days or even 2 weeks could've been a fair compromise. The new xbox is being viewed the same way as securom, and that's not a good thing.

brandonislegend
06-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Ps4 for me no matter what even if Microsoft changes their plans, what a bunch of ****s

InfiniteBaskets
06-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Been with Playstation ever since the SNES era ended. Looks like that won't be changing anytime soon.

Cangri
06-11-2013, 12:48 PM
The only thing I didn't like about the PS4 is that you have to pay to play online, but other than that they were good. MS just committed suicide themselves, that 24 hour thing is just retarded.

rezznor
11-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Bump this up since both XB1 and PS4 releases are getting closer. A lot of advertising money have been poured on all kinds of media so far like bad movies.

Could both be equally disappointing?
ive got both on pre order, but not that excited about either

Brujesino
11-10-2013, 10:03 PM
ive got both on pre order, but not that excited about either

images of reznor being successful

**** you!

Myth
11-11-2013, 03:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6eOa812mYA

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PS4 it is for me

That doesn't work for me. The people I want to share games with are 2 states away.

crisoner
11-11-2013, 03:52 AM
Ps4!!!!!

red1
11-11-2013, 08:41 PM
sony :bowdown: microsoft :facepalm

PickernRoller
11-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Fakkit poster on a fakkit console.

PS4 is where is at. Always has been....cheaper, better, you name it.