PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant "trolls" the team that DRAFTED him

tazb
05-21-2013, 11:17 PM
[center]http://i.imgur.com/N174auB.png

[quote]The Charlotte Bobcats are officially changing their name back to the Hornets, which has excited many fans who want to reconnect with their local sports history. Unfortunately, that history includes the fact that they drafted Kobe Bryant and then traded him.

[SIZE="4"][B]At the time, Kobe

9erempiree
05-21-2013, 11:19 PM
He didn't troll them. Respect for the franchise that drafted him. The team is back.

RRR3
05-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Greatest player in Hornets history.

daily
05-21-2013, 11:30 PM
:facepalm

That's not trolling.

tazb
05-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Greatest player in Hornets history.

Could you imagine if Kobe stayed in Charlotte?

bluechox2
05-21-2013, 11:31 PM
nikka be out stomping and whining about needing help after breaking jordans scoring mark

tazb
05-21-2013, 11:31 PM
:facepalm

That's not trolling.

Check the source I posted, I just copied it's title.

B-Low
05-21-2013, 11:38 PM

Ifff you wanna get super deep with it:

Hornets keep Kobe
Hornets never pick up David Wesley in 97 because Kobe is starting SG
David Wesley and Bobby Phills never teammates
David Wesley and Bobby Phills never street race against each other in 2000
Bobby Phills never crashes in street race

In all seriousness. It's crazy to think about how things could change in ways we would never realize on the surface

DMV2
05-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Technically, the New Orleans Pelicans franchise drafted him.

This is gonna be weird when looking at the NBA history books.

HardwoodLegend
05-21-2013, 11:44 PM
2nd time he's trolled them.

The 1st is when his shoes came out with the "draft day" colorway.

http://solecollector.com/media/u/images/Zoom-Kobe-VI-Draft-Day-01(1).jpg

daily
05-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Check the source I posted, I just copied it's title.So that makes two idiots that don't get it. You and the guy who wrote the article

Trentknicks
05-22-2013, 12:30 AM
Hate on Lebron for leaving the way he did, but Kobe's refusal to play for any team other than the Lakers was just as pathetic.

daj0264
05-22-2013, 12:32 AM
he had to team up with shaq. now he compains that shaq took away shots and fmvps from him. what a pprick.

tazb
05-22-2013, 12:52 AM
Hate on Lebron for leaving the way he did, but Kobe's refusal to play for any team other than the Lakers was just as pathetic.

Agree 100%. Could argue even more pathetic.

TheBigVeto
05-22-2013, 12:54 AM

His career will be exactly like Iverson. Chucks a lot. No ring because it's a small market not supported by David Stern.

9erempiree
05-22-2013, 12:54 AM
he had to team up with shaq. now he compains that shaq took away shots and fmvps from him. what a pprick.

Actually Kobe was on the Lakers before Shaq He wasn't going to play with anyone else but the Lakers. It didn't matter who drafted him, he was going to be with the Lakers. I still think the Lakers are the real team that drafted him. Lakers had a lot of influence with Charlotte's pick.

Kobe wanted to go to the Lakers thinking he was going to lead them. Lakers later got Shaq.

It wasn't like Kobe saw the opportunity to play with Shaq and took it. Kobe was there first.

Psycho
05-22-2013, 01:22 AM
2nd time he's trolled them.

The 1st is when his shoes came out with the "draft day" colorway.

http://solecollector.com/media/u/images/Zoom-Kobe-VI-Draft-Day-01(1).jpg

Do shoes turn you on?

Smoke117
05-22-2013, 01:27 AM

Agreed. The arrogance of a then 17 year old prospect is disgusting.

Ne 1
05-22-2013, 01:37 AM
he had to team up with shaq.

Except Kobe was a Laker before Shaq was. :oldlol:

Kobe did not refuse to play for the Hornets. That's an unsubstantiated rumor, and it's been proven to be false. The Lakers loved the potential they saw in 17 year old Bryant before the draft and they needed to unload Vlade's contract to make room for Shaq.

Jerry West traded to get Kobe and the trade was made in advance, in order to unload Vlade's contract to sign Shaq. All Kobe did was turn off workouts once he got a promise from L.A.

The deal was actually done a day ahead of time, and it was Vlade for a player to be named," said Bill Branch, the Hornets' head scout at the time who still operates out of Charlotte as a scout for the Seattle-now-Oklahoma City Sonics. "If I remember right, they didn't even tell us who they wanted us to pick until about five minutes before the pick was made. So it was never a matter of us actually drafting Kobe.""
In order to get far enough under the salary cap to make a valid pitch to O'Neal, the Lakers needed to unload Divac's contract, preferably to a team under the salary cap and preferably for a draft pick. The Hornets had traded Alonzo Mourning the previous year, were without a bona fide center, and were well under the cap after renouncing the rights to free agent Kenny Anderson. They would trade Larry Johnson to New York for Anthony Mason later that summer.
The Hornets reasoned that they could come out of the draft with no better than Vitaly Potapenko or Todd Fuller if they drafted a center, and jumped at the chance to trade the 13th pick for Divac.
"When you look back at it, when we made that trade, here was a 17-year-old kid who had played in high school," said Bob Bass, the Hornets' executive vice president of basketball operations at the time. "Twelve other teams passed on him. We made a decision to win now and not later. We had Dave Cowens as our first-year coach, and I wanted to give him a chance to win. I knew if we got Divac in here, we'd win. I didn't feel the same about Bryant. Without Divac, I thought we might have won 25 games."

The Hornets won 54 games, then a franchise record, the next season with Divac.

Other quotes:

Then the Hornets

Leftimage
05-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Last time I checked kobe didn't promise to bring a championship to the hornets, didn't make calls to the leagues best players to join him on the lakers, didn't hold a 1-hr espn special about it, and lastly, but not least, didn't brag about winning 7 chips when arriving to the lakers....

If you're implying Kobe, the self-proclaimed Black Mamba, is a humble player... er, slippery slope.

I'd say DEMANDING to play for his dream franchise on draft day, then DEMANDING to be traded from his dream franchise after the gravy train era had ended... well let's just say Lebron was never guilty of such transgressions. Let's face it... both pretty despicable moves by Kobe.

As far as diva/ delusional behaviour goes, I'd say Kobe slightly outranks Lebron tbh.

For the record, I love both players -

Lebron's brand, since the very beginning, has been ''team first. individual second''... with that in mind, the fact he joined like-minded, talented competitors for a chance to shine brighter is not overly surprising.

And the fact Kobe has a bunch of rings, yet the superteams he's led have failed, is not surprising either.

9erempiree
05-22-2013, 01:54 AM
If you're implying Kobe, the self-proclaimed Black Mamba, is a humble player... er, slippery slope.

I'd say DEMANDING to play for his dream franchise on draft day, then DEMANDING to be traded from his dream franchise after the gravy train era had ended... well let's just say Lebron was never guilty of such transgressions. Let's face it... both pretty despicable moves by Kobe.

As far as diva/ delusional behaviour goes, I'd say Kobe slightly outranks Lebron tbh.

For the record, I love both players -

Lebron's brand, since the very beginning, has been ''team first. individual second''... with that in mind, the fact he joined like-minded, talented competitors for a chance to shine brighter is not overly surprising.

And the fact Kobe has a bunch of rings, yet the superteams he's led have failed, is not surprising either.

What exactly are these super teams that Kobe fail to led?

NumberSix
05-22-2013, 02:05 AM
I guess you could say 2008, but I look at that as a very successful season. Boston truly was the better team. LAL winning the West was a great achievement, IMO.

IMO, LAL could have beat Dallas in 2011. They threw away 2 games in that series. They should have been 2-2 after 4 games. I'm not saying they SHOULD have won that series, but they could have.

2012, IMO, the lakers should have beaten OKC. I know that's not a popular opinion, but that's what I think. I don't think they could have beaten Miami though.

2013 doesn't really matter. It was a super team, but the team was absolutely destroyed by injuries. The "big 4" played like 7 games together over 86 games.

Leftimage
05-22-2013, 02:15 AM

???

Seriously?

The two Lakers editions which were widely declared superteams in the media.... that is, this year's Lakers (consult threads from last summer), and the Malone + Payton year where expectations of winning were so high that is was almost assumed those two vets would finally get rings and Lakers would 4peat.

I'm just saying, I don't think you get the most out of a ''stacked'' team with Kobe at the helm.

9erempiree
05-22-2013, 02:18 AM
???

Seriously?

The two Lakers editions which were widely declared superteams in the media.... that is, this year's Lakers (consult threads from last summer), and the Malone + Payton year where expectations of winning were so high that is was almost assumed those two vets would finally get rings.

I'm just saying, I don't think you get the most out of a ''stacked'' team with Kobe at the helm.

Kobe detractors like to say Shaq led those 3 peat teams but he did not lead Malone and Payton? Ok.

Kobe never played on a super team nor did Shaq but they were the best duo ever. It was only them and friends.

To be honest Kobe never led a super team to the Finals because he never was on a super team. Nobody considers the Kobe Lakers' to be one of the greatest team in history like they have done with the Bulls or Showtime Lakers. He is probably the only hall of famer that has done more with less.

9erempiree
05-22-2013, 02:18 AM
I guess you could say 2008, but I look at that as a very successful season. Boston truly was the better team. LAL winning the West was a great achievement, IMO.

IMO, LAL could have beat Dallas in 2011. They threw away 2 games in that series. They should have been 2-2 after 4 games. I'm not saying they SHOULD have won that series, but they could have.

2012, IMO, the lakers should have beaten OKC. I know that's not a popular opinion, but that's what I think. I don't think they could have beaten Miami though.

2013 doesn't really matter. It was a super team, but the team was absolutely destroyed by injuries. The "big 4" played like 7 games together over 86 games.

Good insight but those teams were not super teams.

Leftimage
05-22-2013, 02:28 AM
Kobe detractors like to say Shaq led those 3 peat teams but he did not lead Malone and Payton? Ok.

Kobe never played on a super team nor did Shaq but they were the best duo ever. It was only them and friends.

Well, take it as a compliment to Kobe then... I thought by then he had become a more important player than Shaq to the team's success. I feel like between their first champ and their pursuit of the 4th, Kobe and Shaq kind of switched roles.

I'm no Kobe hater... I don't see a threepeat without him.

Btw I agree with you, Kobe worked best in tandem with a reliable inside force + good coaching. My original point was that a team overloaded with talent wouldn't necessarily thrive under Kobe.

tazb
05-22-2013, 02:46 AM
Lmao at two teams with 4+ Hall Of Famers not being stacked. Only on ISH. :facepalm

ripthekik
05-22-2013, 02:48 AM
Lmao at two teams with 4+ Hall Of Famers not being stacked. Only on ISH. :facepalm
So putting the current top10 GOAT at their current age in all one team, you'd have the greatest team ever? 10 hall of famers and goat = NBA Championship?
Dat logic.

why are lebron stans the dumbest kids ever? :oldlol:

tazb
05-22-2013, 02:51 AM
So putting the current top10 GOAT at their current age in all one team, you'd have the greatest team ever? 10 hall of famers and goat = NBA Championship?
Dat logic.

:facepalm let's be realistic here.

Leftimage
05-22-2013, 02:51 AM
Dat logic.

Why were people making such bold predictions about the Lakers last summer?
I assumed this meant they were very stacked...

ripthekik
05-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Using the amount of Hall of Famers in one team to rate a team is probably the dumbest thing a basketball fan can say, and you've proven yourself to be the dumbest.

Why does it matter what the player has done overall in their career? What's more important is their current level, their age in the current season.

Saying 4 hall of famers is irrelevant to the current status of the team.. or else we might as well ask why Lebron didn't win with the most dominant ever, Shaq?

The better way to rate a team is based on their current player status, e.g. Heat this year has 3 of the east's all star starters.

Cali Syndicate
05-22-2013, 02:58 AM

He'd have a lot more scoring titles. That for one would be guaranteed. At least 3 or 4 more I'd say.

tazb
05-22-2013, 03:00 AM
Ok, so lets just say we take away 40 year old Nash.

You still have a 34 year old Kobe Bryant who's having one of his best seasons stat-wise. A prime 27 year old Dwight Howard. A 33 year old MWP who is still capable of locking down the other teams best player and a 32 year old Pau Gasol who is still one of the best big men in the game.:confusedshrug:

ripthekik
05-22-2013, 03:02 AM
Ok, so lets just say we take away 40 year old Nash.

You still have a 34 year old Kobe Bryant who's having one of his best seasons stat-wise. A prime 27 year old Dwight Howard. A 33 year old MWP who is still capable of locking down the other teams best player and a 32 year old Pau Gasol who is still one of the best big men in the game.:confusedshrug:
34 year old Bryant who is in his 17th season playing his ass off every game?
Prime Dwight Howard coming back from back surgery and then injured his shoulder?
Metta World Peace? we serious here? :oldlol:
32 year old Pau who got injured for a big part of the season as well?

tazb :applause: :applause:
dat intelligence :roll:

tazb
05-22-2013, 03:15 AM
Lmao here come the injury excuses, pathetic.:facepalm

Ne 1
05-22-2013, 03:16 AM

:roll: Seriously? MWP is past his prime and one screen eliminates him on defense. He can't even slow down the other teams best player, let alone lock a teams best player down anymore. Howard and especially Gasol were performing far below what was expected this year. Those were two guys who the Lakers really needed. Not to mention D'Antoni is just a terrible coach.

Nash and Blake missed a significant amount of games to start the season. Gasol played injured for most of the season and then missed a significant amount of games. Dwight Howard spent most of the season working himself back into shape and effectiveness recovering from a surgically repaired back, and then dealt with the shoulder injury and missed games. Jordan Hill practically missed the entire season...

All of this is compounded by the fact that some of the players were dealing with a new system coming into the season, and then training camp went out the window when Mike Brown was fired and D'Antoni hired.

When you have new pieces, a new system, and rampant injury, dysfunction is to be expected. I think people underestimate the value of stability and consistency and how it relates to winning. It's hard for teams to gel when they are dealing with new players, guys coming in and out of the rotation due to injury, a new system, and new coach... all at the same time, and to start the season.

ripthekik
05-22-2013, 03:17 AM
tell us more about this great team that has 4 hall of famers, tazb :oldlol:

in fact, tell us more about how good this metta world peace guy is :roll:

Fudge
05-22-2013, 03:19 AM
World Peace is still capable of locking down players tho? :confusedshrug:

Ne 1
05-22-2013, 03:20 AM

Who's using injuries as an excuse? Just stating facts here.

No_Look604
05-22-2013, 03:21 AM
To those who think Kobe's situation is worse than Lebron's to leave Cleveland...

How goood is your weeeeeiiiiid???

No comparison what so ever. No one in Charlotte gave a fcuk at the time, no one anywhere in North America gave two shiilts...and Divac was a beast at the time too. Kobe was not hyped like Lebron was out of high school but part of that was the era and no computers.

Lebron was playing for his hometown team...a number one pick.

WENT TO THE FINALS with Cleveland...

then left like a lil b*tch before the job was done and ripped all his fans heart out on national TV.

Lebron is so wack, I'd rather chill with Mr. friggin Bean

tazb
05-22-2013, 03:23 AM
tell us more about this great team that has 4 hall of famers, tazb :oldlol:

in fact, tell us more about how good this metta world peace guy is :roll:

K.

http://stuffpoint.com/los-angeles-lakers/image/143731-los-angeles-lakers-los-angeles-lakers-2012-2013-dynasty-wallpaper.jpg

Come on son, everyone had the Lakers 3-peating and dominating the league for years. I would pull up articles, threads, pics, videos but I'm on my phone.

Ne 1 nice post compared to ripthekik's. I agree.

Ne 1
05-22-2013, 03:34 AM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/issue-133-shaq-lebron.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Cleveland+Cavaliers+v+Boston+Celtics+Game+eXwtaguH TETl.jpg

Leftimage
05-22-2013, 03:38 AM
Let's not lend too much credence to SLAM covers...

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/01/slam-nets-1.jpg

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/01/slam-marbury-kg.jpg

Every issue has an editorial along the lines of ''XYZ ready to own the league''.

ripthekik
05-22-2013, 03:38 AM
seeing tazb's ass being fried in this thread is sooo good :roll: :roll:

Leftimage
05-22-2013, 03:40 AM
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Cleveland+Cavaliers+v+Boston+Celtics+Game+eXwtaguH TETl.jpg

Lebron, a 100 pound overweight Shaq, and two scrubs...

monkeypox
05-22-2013, 05:01 AM
They technically drafted him, but the decision was made by the Lakers. They already had an agreement with the Hornets to trade for the pick since the Hornets were shopping it around to anyone who could offer them a big man. The Hornets didn't even know who they were drafting till it happened. But of course revisionist history says the hopeful Hornets risked a draft pick on a young Kobe Bryant, only to have that pick taken away when he declared he would only play for the Lakers.

Bandito
05-22-2013, 06:01 AM
the heat has 4 hall of famers and you say they are not stacked!?

fiddy
05-22-2013, 06:03 AM
OP=fakkit

Kews1
05-22-2013, 08:00 AM
GOAT Troll. By Far.

Doctor Rivers
05-22-2013, 08:02 AM
OP is a known dumbass... anyways

http://www.journalnow.com/archives/article_e7a4ddee-ed8d-5be1-9b81-723b924628ec.html

Revisionist history is always fascinating.
It's not always accurate, but it's fascinating.

The Charlotte Hornets drafted Kobe Bryant with the 13th pick in the 1996 NBA Draft and promptly traded him to the Los Angeles Lakers for Vlade Divac.
Over the years, that story has been told, retold and embellished so much that the reality of that trade and the current perception are farther apart than, oh, Charlotte and Los Angeles. It's a timely topic because throughout this year's NBA Finals between the Lakers and Boston Celtics, we've heard all the revisionist history again. We've heard how Kobe and his agent shunned the Hornets, threatened that Kobe wouldn't play for the Hornets, and therefore orchestrated the trade to the Lakers. There has been more talk in Charlotte about Kobe and the Hornets the past two weeks than there has been about anything concerning the Bobcats.
A look back into the archives shows that the notion that Kobe orchestrated the trade is bogus. Kobe, in an interview during the 2000 Finals when the Lakers beat Indiana for the NBA title, said emphatically that he would have gladly played in Charlotte. Sure, he wanted to play for the Lakers, but who wouldn't? He also said that had he gone to college, he would have signed with Duke, so he liked the area.
And those who were involved in the wheeling and dealing at the time of the trade shoot down all the legends that have developed over the years.
"The deal was actually done a day ahead of time, and it was Vlade for a player to be named," said Bill Branch, the Hornets' head scout at the time who still operates out of Charlotte as a scout for the Seattle-now-Oklahoma City Sonics. "If I remember right, they didn't even tell us who they wanted us to pick until about five minutes before the pick was made. So it was never a matter of us actually drafting Kobe."
The trade was more about the Lakers' pursuit of Shaquille O'Neal in free agency and the Hornets' need to acquire a center than it was about Bryant.
In order to get far enough under the salary cap to make a valid pitch to O'Neal, the Lakers needed to unload Divac's contract, preferably to a team under the salary cap and preferably for a draft pick. The Hornets had traded Alonzo Mourning the previous year, were without a bona fide center, and were well under the cap after renouncing the rights to free agent Kenny Anderson. They would trade Larry Johnson to New York for Anthony Mason later that summer.
The Hornets reasoned that they could come out of the draft with no better than Vitaly Potapenko or Todd Fuller if they drafted a center, and jumped at the chance to trade the 13th pick for Divac.
"When you look back at it, when we made that trade, here was a 17-year-old kid who had played in high school," said Bob Bass, the Hornets' executive vice president of basketball operations at the time. "Twelve other teams passed on him. We made a decision to win now and not later. We had Dave Cowens as our first-year coach, and I wanted to give him a chance to win. I knew if we got Divac in here, we'd win. I didn't feel the same about Bryant. Without Divac, I thought we might have won 25 games."
The Hornets won 54 games, then a franchise record, the next season with Divac.
The Lakers might have been high on Bryant, but this was more about clearing up the cap room to make a run at O'Neal, whose contract was up in Orlando. Marc Fleisher, Divac's agent, remembers that the Lakers had a trade worked out to send Divac to Atlanta for the 25th pick if anything fell through with the Hornets. Had that scenario played out, there's little or no way that Bryant would have fallen all the way to the 25th pick, so Bryant and the Lakers couldn't have orchestrated anything.
"There were three teams involved at first -- Charlotte, Atlanta and Sacramento," Fleisher said. "Sacramento didn't work out for whatever reason, and then it was basically Charlotte or Atlanta. They asked us where Vlade would rather go, and he said Charlotte."
Divac later threatened to retire shortly after the deal was announced, and that would have nixed the trade. But Cowens talked him out of that threat, and the trade became official. After a few more minor deals and cap moves, the Lakers had enough cap room to sign O'Neal -- with Bryant, 17, as icing on the summer-acquisition cake.
Branch scouted Bryant twice for the Hornets while Bryant was at Lower Merion H.S., but he said that the Hornets "never even considered him" as a player they would draft and keep. Bass was an old-school GM who liked to deal but didn't usually gamble on young players.
Branch recalls how difficult it was to gauge Bryant's talents against inferior high-school competition. This was an era before it became fashionable to draft high-school players, before Kwame Brown, Dwight Howard and LeBron James were No. 1 picks straight out of high school.
Branch believes that the Lakers' Jerry West was probably gambling on Bryant to a degree, because that was West's style. And if Bryant didn't pan out, the Lakers would still get O'Neal in the process.
"Jerry West might be the only person who can really answer that, but I just think it (Bryant's stardom) would be very hard to predict, because you've got stories of guys who turned out good and stories of guys who turned out bad," Branch said. "The year before, L.A. wasn't even in the draft and they made a move to get into the second round at the last second, and they picked Frankie King out of Western Carolina. They specifically made a move to get one kid. So when you see moves like that and then they go for Kobe, you've got to think they're taking stabs.
"And I don't mean that negatively. I just mean for someone to say now that they knew Michael Jordan was going to be what he was, they're kidding themselves. We all thought Kobe was going to be good. But how do you really know?"
You don't. And that's why the Hornets were never anything but facilitators for the Lakers.
Twelve years later, obviously, it has worked out well for the Lakers. But the Hornets didn't get coerced into anything.

hawkfan
05-22-2013, 09:28 AM
The Kobe trade from Charlotte is proof that David Stern rigs the system.
He could have forced Bryant to play for Charlotte, but instead he allowed the trade. Which set a bad precedent for years to come when guys said they wouldn't play for certain cities.

And then later Stern stops the Chris Paul deal to the Lakers.

Rigged.

Doctor Rivers
05-22-2013, 09:48 AM
The Kobe trade from Charlotte is proof that David Stern rigs the system.
He could have forced Bryant to play for Charlotte, but instead he allowed the trade. Which set a bad precedent for years to come when guys said they wouldn't play for certain cities.

And then later Stern stops the Chris Paul deal to the Lakers.

Rigged.

Read above smart guy

Also it's not like Kobe was some proven commodity

Trollsmasher
05-22-2013, 10:00 AM
If Kobe did not cry his way out of the Hornets, I could see him finishing his trophyless and awardless career in China right now with his NBA resume being something like 15/4/4 on 39% shooting (without superstar calls his effiency would be even more abysmal than it is now).

Luckily for him, he sucked basketball God's c*ck and the luckiest career path ever was bestowed upon him.

hawkfan
05-22-2013, 10:09 AM
The team that really wanted Kobe and was told no way was the Nets.
Bryant's agent told the Nets he wouldn't play for them, and Calipari and company were debating whether to pick him and then force him to play there.
In the end, they picked Kerry Kittles and the rest is history (bad history for the Nets).

dh144498
05-22-2013, 10:15 AM

= heavy favorite to win it all, but lechoke happened.

rufuspaul
05-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Typical. It's a happy day for Charlotte NBA fans and Kobe has to try and make it all about him. :no:

Ne 1
05-22-2013, 12:26 PM

Yes, LeBron who everyone thought of as the best player in the game. Shaq who was an All-Star in 2009 and although past his prime, could still give you 15-18ppg and 8-10rpg in 20-25 minutes every night. He was still a presence on defense and an enforcer, brought to the Cavs specifically to neutralize Dwight.

Two scrubs? Jamison was an All-Star in 2008, he averaged 20 and 10 his last year before joining Cavs. Mo Williams was an All-Star in 2009 and he was a 17ppg scorer at the point for years with the Bucks, and a knockdown 3pt shooter. Pretty much the perfect PG for the Cavs system. Great shooter. Was one of the best mid-range shooters in the league and a 40+% shooter from 3. And also a great FT shooter. When you have LeBron on your team, you gotta have guys who can knock down shots. And contrary to what some like to bleieve, Mo was also capable of creating his own offense, or for others. He's wasn't just a spot-up shooter like some people like to think. In '09, he carried the Cavs second unit when James was on the bench. You don't have multiple 40 and 30 point games when you're just a scrub spot-up shooter. You don't get to be in the All-Star game when you're just a scrub spot-up shooter.

Ne 1
05-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Typical. It's a happy day for Charlotte NBA fans and Kobe has to try and make it all about him. :no:

Not trying to reign on your parade, but aside from the 90s nostalgic "feel good" of having the team name/logo/uniforms back, I don't see this as anything to be really happy about. The team still sucks, and Jordan is still your owner.

It's not like changing the name is going to magically bring back 'Zo, Grandmama and Muggsy, or Glen Rice and Vlade Divac and resurrect the Charlotte Coliseum with 985,722 screaming fans. It's a nice symbolic gesture, and it's not like the Bobcats gear is flying off the shelves. The Bobcats brand is dead as hell, and if there's any chance at salvaging the NBA there, they have to make a clean break from everything associated with it. The nickname and colors aren't the most important change to make, but it's the easiest first step.

daily
05-22-2013, 03:44 PM

https://twitter.com/bobcats
127,216 followers

https://twitter.com/kobebryant
2,625,352 followers

Be happy, Hornets just got the most exposure they've had all year

dh144498
05-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Yes, LeBron who everyone thought of as the best player in the game. Shaq who was an All-Star in 2009 and although past his prime, could still give you 15-18ppg and 8-10rpg in 20-25 minutes every night. He was still a presence on defense and an enforcer, brought to the Cavs specifically to neutralize Dwight.

Two scrubs? Jamison was an All-Star in 2008, he averaged 20 and 10 his last year before joining Cavs. Mo Williams was an All-Star in 2009 and he was a 17ppg scorer at the point for years with the Bucks, and a knockdown 3pt shooter. Pretty much the perfect PG for the Cavs system. Great shooter. Was one of the best mid-range shooters in the league and a 40+% shooter from 3. And also a great FT shooter. When you have LeBron on your team, you gotta have guys who can knock down shots. And contrary to what some like to bleieve, Mo was also capable of creating his own offense, or for others. He's wasn't just a spot-up shooter like some people like to think. In '09, he carried the Cavs second unit when James was on the bench. You don't have multiple 40 and 30 point games when you're just scrub spot-up shooter. You don't get to be in the All-Star game when you're just a spot-up shooter.

this.
lebron stans always say Lebron played with scrubs in Cleveland while forgetting that it was playing with Lebron that turned them into scrubs...
heck, these same stans are saying Lebron's playing with scrubs right now on the Heat! :lol