Curry
Thompson
Barnes
Lee
Howard

Not bad.

buddha
05-23-2013, 02:41 PM
A perfect fit for him really. Is this even possible though?

All Net
05-23-2013, 02:42 PM
GS have assets that would interest us no doubt in a sign and trade.

tikay0
05-23-2013, 02:42 PM
:eek: :wtf: :bowdown:

That's a scary, scary, scary team.

Droid101
05-23-2013, 02:44 PM
That's like the 2010 Magic on steroids. My god, the three pointers...

Levity
05-23-2013, 02:47 PM
The GSW really compliments Dwights game, and vice versa. Would be a good place for him.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-23-2013, 02:48 PM
lmao if Dwight ends up in the same division as the Lakers.

jzek
05-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Dwight is one of the dumbest ppl on the planet though so no way this happens. He'll find a way to screw this up.

unbreakable
05-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Dwight would be dumb as *** to go to the Warriors with shotjackers Klay and Steph.. he'd get EVEN LESS touches there than he does in LA

:facepalm

jzek
05-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Dwight would be dumb as *** to go to the Warriors with shotjackers Klay and Steph.. he'd get EVEN LESS touches there than he does in LA

Nah, it'll be like the Magic team.

SCdac
05-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Do it. I like the fit.. And at this point I just want to see Howard around other young offensive players (GSW, Houston, Nets, etc) on a team that shares the offense... Personally don't think Warriors would be contenders (well, it depends on Curry's development) with Howard in place of Bogut (*gasp*) but at least they'd have a center who's athletic, not permanently injured, and they basically flipped Monta Ellis for Dwight Howard, which would be quite the feat.

IncarceratedBob
05-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Just some info.

Warriors would need to send at least $23 million in salary in a potential deal w/ LA for Dwight.

seanclayton
05-23-2013, 03:03 PM
We want to watch 3 point bombers, not a circus show of a big ass clown with elementary post moves.

tikay0
05-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Do it. I like the fit.. And at this point I just want to see Howard around other young offensive players (GSW, Houston, Nets, etc) on a team that shares the offense... Personally don't think Warriors would be contenders (well, it depends on Curry's development) with Howard in place of Bogut (*gasp*) but at least they'd have a center who's athletic, not permanently injured, and they basically flipped Monta Ellis for Dwight Howard, which would be quite the feat.

You're arguabley one of the dumbest posters on ISH.

Bogut was one of the main reasons why they were killing it against the Spurs. You put Dwight in his place, and it wouldn't even be fair.

bdreason
05-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Not going to happen. We don't have the contracts to send out, unless the Lakers are interested in our veteran players; Lee and Bogut... or want to take on a bad contract like Biedrins or Jefferson.

R.I.P.
05-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Writting articles must be so much easier, when you are dumb as shit. The Warriors have a cap roll of 75 million dollars in 2013/2014. How do they sign or trade for Howard. Even if Jefferson (11 million) and Biedrins (9 million) acted like complete idiots and opted out of their contracts, they still couldn

Mass Debator
05-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Lol...That would definitely be my team in NBA 2K14 then. D12 on the Warriors is such a cheat code. Open 3s one after another.

IncarceratedBob
05-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Not going to happen. We don't have the contracts to send out, unless the Lakers are interested in our veteran players; Lee and Bogut... or want to take on a bad contract like Biedrins or Jefferson.
Lakers would want 2 expiring contracts like Biederins, Jeff or Bogut + a young player.

Haymaker
05-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Just some info.

Warriors would need to send at least $23 million in salary in a potential deal w/ LA for Dwight.

I doubt Warriors will give Thompson or Klay away. Maybe Bogut/Lee & Barnes.

R.I.P.
05-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Lakers would want 2 expiring contracts like Biederins, Jeff or Bogut + a young player.

Neither the Warriors or Lakers are allowed to make that trade under the new cba. :facepalm

longtime lurker
05-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Sure sounds like a great deal. Just make sure Stephen Curry and Lee are coming back the other way.

bdreason
05-23-2013, 03:28 PM
I doubt Warriors will give Thompson or Klay away. Maybe Bogut/Lee & Barnes.

I'd rather keep Bogut, Barnes, and Thompson.

IncarceratedBob
05-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Neither the Warriors or Lakers are allowed to make that trade under the new cba. :facepalm
I think Larry Coon knows more than both of us and he was just on radio in LA saying that Klay+Jefferson+Biedrins WORKS.

OldSkoolball#52
05-23-2013, 03:48 PM
We want to watch 3 point bombers, not a circus show of a big ass clown with elementary post moves.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.thuisexperimenteren.nl/chemicalien/ether.jpg

http://janefriedman.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Flames-Writing-on-the-Ether-29-Sept-11.jpg

SacJB Shady
05-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!

DuMa
05-23-2013, 04:01 PM
He also put Hawks on the list as well

SCdac
05-23-2013, 04:04 PM
You're arguabley one of the dumbest posters on ISH.

Bogut was one of the main reasons why they were killing it against the Spurs. You put Dwight in his place, and it wouldn't even be fair.

Yeah, and your petty name calling just exemplifies your insightful level headed posts. :rolleyes:

Howard's defensive impact, in the here and now, is overrated imo, mostly getting credit for his shot blocking on help-D (but I still think he'd be great for Golden State). Duncan shot .52% against LA and shot .42% against GS, and I thought Bogut's individual defense was more impressive, with less gambling/mistakes than Howard made (who averaged 4.3 fouls a game). It's partly just match ups.

lakerfreak
05-23-2013, 04:05 PM
If he cannot sign with them as a free agent, I don't see how the lakers would help him with a S&T. The lakers would ask for Stephen Curry in return. After his success last season, I don't see either team backing down from their demands.

tikay0
05-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Yeah, and your petty name calling just exemplifies your insightful level headed posts. :rolleyes:

Howard's defensive impact, in the here and now, is overrated imo, mostly getting credit for his shot blocking on help-D (but I still think he'd be great for Golden State). Duncan shot .52% against LA and shot .42% against GS, and I thought Bogut's individual defense was more impressive, with less gambling/mistakes than Howard made (who averaged 4.3 fouls a game). It's partly just match ups.

You do realize that Howard has a serious shoulder injury, and he's still hampered by his back. :facepalm

Dwight has been the DPOY for how many years now? You mean to tell me with Dwight's scoring combined with his defense, the Warriors wouldn't be a much, much, much better team?

You are clearly one of the worst posters on ISH.

SCdac
05-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Dwight has been the DPOY for how many years now? You mean to tell me with Dwight's scoring combined with his defense, the Warriors wouldn't be a much, much, much better team?

"Much, much, much better team?"

Does that basically mean a Finals team? ... If so, no I don't think so.

Do I think they'd be better? Sure, but it's hard to quantify, and I think Dwight has largely been exposed in general.

I don't see them as contenders particularly because, as mentioned, they'd have to shed alot of talent just to get him.

tikay0
05-23-2013, 04:23 PM
"Much, much, much better team?"

Does that basically mean a Finals team? ... If so, no I don't think so.

Do I think they'd be better? Sure, but it's hard to quantify, and I think Dwight has largely been exposed in general.

I don't see them as contenders particularly because, as mentioned, they'd have to shed alot of talent just to get him.

Dwight's been exposed because the Lakers have absolutely no outside shooting. Passers that can't get the ball inside. A slow, old team that has absolutely no perimeter defense, thus leaving Dwight with having to cover up for EVERYONE's mistakes.

And yes, that's absolutely a Finals team. Are you kidding me? Not jumping the gun, but let's just say for arguments sake that Dwight makes a smooth transition, and the team clicks. I could see them eventually losing to a full, healthy Thunder team, then the next year, being even more cohesive and beating the Thunder to make it to the Finals.

FiveRings
05-23-2013, 04:32 PM
If he cannot sign with them as a free agent, I don't see how the lakers would help him with a S&T. The lakers would ask for Stephen Curry in return. After his success last season, I don't see either team backing down from their demands.
No, the Lakers wouldn't ask for Curry. That's just silly. The Magic didn't get anything close to Curry when they traded him.

I think G State would probably offer Barnes, Lee, filler and maybe a pick or two. If we can get Klay and Lee instead of that, I don't see how Lakers don't take that deal. But will G State be willing to include Klay?

SCdac
05-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Dwight's been exposed because the Lakers have absolutely no outside shooting. Passers that can't get the ball inside. A slow, old team that has absolutely no perimeter defense, thus leaving Dwight with having to cover up for EVERYONE's mistakes.

The only reason I like him in GS is because of their offense. The less responsibility on offense Dwight has the better IMO, and the two-man game between him-Curry and him-Lee would work better than what we saw in LA with Kobe and Gasol. But I'm cautious of overrating teams that look amazing on paper, especially teams with no defensive identity and coach who's still new. Whether they go far into the playoffs – like I alluded to in my first post – has much more to do with Steph Curry's and Klay Thompson's development. Those two still seem a little green behind the ears, and Howard's basketball IQ and leadership isn't impressive. If Curry can stay healthy and become an MVP-like talent (superstar), I can see it happening, but I don't think he's quite there yet. Though I have high hopes for him. Who would the Warriors give up to get Howard is the question.

Bobcats2013
05-23-2013, 04:51 PM
You can either do a sign and trade or you can risk being greedy and trade Bogut & Biedrins for some draft picks and then sign Dwight.

I hope Dwight does come, he will get the love from the fans and it's a perfect team to compliment his skills.

tikay0
05-23-2013, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=SCdac]The only reason I like him in GS is because of their offense. The less responsibility on offense Dwight has the better IMO, and the two-man game between him-Curry and him-Lee would work better than what we saw in LA with Kobe and Gasol. But I'm cautious of overrating teams that look amazing on paper, especially teams with no defensive identity and coach who's still new. Whether they go far into the playoffs

TexasBloodMoney
05-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Dwight should come to Portland, he'd compliment Aldridge so well.

ralph_i_el
05-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Literally the perfect fit. Great spacing. Lee/Thompson gets their weaknesses on D covered somewhat (assuming Dwight is healthy+impactful).

I think the Lakers probably had the worst possible fitting personnel for Dwight and he wanted to go there so he doesn't seem to care about a good fit...

strike first
05-23-2013, 05:27 PM
The lakers would ask for Stephen Curry in return. .

No way would that ever happen.. dwight is 1 step away from being a highly functioning retard.

Investing in Howard is a pipe dream.. teams get starstruck by the potential, but the reality of what you end up getting is pure lackluster.

niko
05-23-2013, 05:31 PM
not possible, same issues Nets would have in acquiring him, too much salary to dump.

longtime lurker
05-23-2013, 05:34 PM
not possible, same issues Nets would have in acquiring him, too much salary to dump.

Not impossible if the Lakers were run by a bunch of highly functioning morons.

K Xerxes
05-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Dwight would be living in paradise. That's just about the perfect team you could surround him with.

MetsPackers
05-23-2013, 05:46 PM
LMAOO Laker fans wet thinking they'd get Curry/Klay/or Barnes. I could see the Warriors dealing Bogut or Lee, but if they sent Lee they've got 2 allstar caliber centers on the roster who can't play PF. Best package I could see Lakers getting would be Bogut/Barnes/maybe Jack or someone, and even then they would take that and run. But the Warriors are pretty high on Barnes so idk if they'd be willing to include him. Lakers would probably have to take on one of their bad contracts tho

Would definitely be interesting to see D12 on the Warriors though, instant contender. Only if they get him for the right price though.

Quizno
05-23-2013, 06:03 PM
if lakers could somehow do a sign and trade and get klay/lee i would be so happy

OldSkoolball#52
05-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Honestly if Bogut is HEALTHY, it's not worth the tradeoff of having to pay Dwight more money AND have to give up talent to get him.

Obviously Dwight has been healthier over the course of his career, but LATELY they're pretty much neck and neck.

Not to mention combining Dwight Howard and Mark Jackson would just be Jesus worshipping overload. I don't think the basketball world is ready for dat.

All Net
05-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Warriors could be contenders soon without him and they will have cap space next summer.

sfballa13
05-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Stuckey, Monroe, CV, Trade Exception (cap space) to Warriors
- Warriors get a younger injury free franchise PF in Monroe while dumping Lee and Bogut to sign Howard

#8, Knight, Lee, Singler to Magic
- Orlando dumps Nelson's 9M for Knight on a rookie deal
- They trade Davis (another bloated contract) + #2 for Lee (all-star) and #8
- Singler is a young and effective bench player on a dirt cheap 1M a year deal

Bogut, Barnes, Nelson, Big Baby, #2 to Detroit
Pistons become: Knight / #8 / Barnes / Lee / Drummond (Bogut backing up the 4/5 to stay healthy)
- Pistons grab their SF of the future, Lee was an All Star last year
- Bogut with a bit of luck will stay healthy, playoff contender for sure
- Pistons take McLemore at #2 and sign Paul Milsap
- Pistons have a young core: Nelson / McleMore / Barnes / Milsap / Drummond
- Pistons will have a killer bench (Bogut / Davis) and try to reach the playoffs

DuMa
05-23-2013, 07:18 PM
No way GSW breaks up their core for Dwight.

outbreak
05-23-2013, 07:33 PM
LMAOO Laker fans wet thinking they'd get Curry/Klay/or Barnes. I could see the Warriors dealing Bogut or Lee, but if they sent Lee they've got 2 allstar caliber centers on the roster who can't play PF. Best package I could see Lakers getting would be Bogut/Barnes/maybe Jack or someone, and even then they would take that and run. But the Warriors are pretty high on Barnes so idk if they'd be willing to include him. Lakers would probably have to take on one of their bad contracts tho

Would definitely be interesting to see D12 on the Warriors though, instant contender. Only if they get him for the right price though.

Why would GSW send back Barnes, wouldn't Dwight just tell L.A to accept a package or get nothing when he walks to dallas or houston?
GSW could probably just send back bogut, jack and a first round pick. Yeah they need to dump the salary but if they really wanted couldn't they just trade bogut/lee to a team with a bunch of cap space for draft picks or tpe freeing up the space without having to give L.A anything at all in return or wouldn't it work that way for them?

SamuraiSWISH
05-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Except Dwight isn't even close to his 2009 2010 or 2011 form. He would be a fantastic fit on that team however.

chocolatethunder
05-23-2013, 08:46 PM
You work for the Lakers?

Bobcats2013
05-23-2013, 08:56 PM
No way GSW breaks up their core for Dwight.

Bogut and Biedrins aren't apart of the core. They are expandable.

No way they should give up Lee, Barnes, Klay or Curry. Hell they better not give up Green or Ezeli either.

JBrizzy
05-23-2013, 09:23 PM

The 2010 Magic were on steroids

longtime lurker
05-23-2013, 09:28 PM
No, the Lakers wouldn't ask for Curry. That's just silly. The Magic didn't get anything close to Curry when they traded him.

I think G State would probably offer Barnes, Lee, filler and maybe a pick or two. If we can get Klay and Lee instead of that, I don't see how Lakers don't take that deal. But will G State be willing to include Klay?

Of course the Lakers would ask for Curry but that doesn't mean they'd get him. But let's be clear the Lakers have no incentive to take back bad contracts or get ripped off in this trade. They'd ask for Lee, Klay and Barnes, probably settle on Lee+Klay and a pick. I laugh at all these posters that are praying the Lakers lose Dwight for nothing. 30 million reasons for Dwight to either resign or work with the Lakers.

bmd
05-23-2013, 09:28 PM
The 2010 Magic were on steroids:oldlol:

Lateralus
05-23-2013, 09:30 PM
The 2010 Magic were on steroids

:oldlol: :bowdown:

cotdt
05-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Bogut is every bit as good as Dwight, I'd rather have Bogut.

longtime lurker
05-23-2013, 09:35 PM

Bogut is basically the white version of Bynum when it comes to injuries. No team in their right mind would take his 50 games a season over Dwight.

tikay0
05-23-2013, 09:43 PM

Healthy Dwight vs. Healthy Bogut. Dwight hands down.

Kiddlovesnets
05-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Dwight Howard looking at everything.
:sleeping

RRR3
05-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Honestly if Bogut is HEALTHY, it's not worth the tradeoff of having to pay Dwight more money AND have to give up talent to get him.

Obviously Dwight has been healthier over the course of his career, but LATELY they're pretty much neck and neck.

Not to mention combining Dwight Howard and Mark Jackson would just be Jesus worshipping overload. I don't think the basketball world is ready for dat.
If Dwight is healthy, he's going to get twice as many points and rebounds per game than Bogut gets. He's also more efficient.

Legends66NBA7
05-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Bogut is basically the white version of Bynum when it comes to injuries. No team in their right mind would take his 50 games a season over Dwight.

That's true.

Bogut was better than Bynum, when healthy.

tikay0
05-23-2013, 10:35 PM
That's true.

I hope you're joking.

Legends66NBA7
05-23-2013, 10:59 PM
I hope you're joking.

They both entered the league at the exact same season. Bogut is a better rebounder, defender, rim protector, passer, etc... Bynum is better at scoring, I could give him that and even then... all those years playing with Bryant and Gasol opened up more looks for him to be as efficient as he is. I can see Bogut being just as successful on those Laker teams, if not even more successful (when healthy).

What's the case that Bynum is the better player ?

tikay0
05-23-2013, 11:10 PM
They both entered the league at the exact same season. Bogut is a better rebounder, defender, rim protector, passer, etc... Bynum is better at scoring, I could give him that and even then... all those years playing with Bryant and Gasol opened up more looks for him to be as efficient as he is. I can see Bogut being just as successful on those Laker teams, if not even more successful (when healthy).

What's the case that Bynum is the better player ?

Bynum came in as a HS player. I'll give Bogut credit for being more productive at an earlier age, but everyone knows HS big men are always projects with potential. When Bynum actually got to play a full season healthy, when he put it all together, he averaged more points than Andrew Bogut has ever averaged.

Both are injury riddled players, but even then, Bynum has consistently had a better FG%, while Bogut's has dropped.

Bogut's a better rim protector, but barely. You don't remember how much credit Bynum was getting for being a good defender in 11'-12', when he was healthy? He's also the much bigger body, and the year he arrived, was pretty much the same rebounder as Bogut.

Bynum is the much more threatening post presence. He makes your frontcourt foul quick, and he impacts the game more than Bogut.

If we're going peak for peak, healthy for healthy, gimme Bynum all day. The man was considered the 2nd best center in the league.

Let's be completely honest. If we lived in a world where Bynum stayed healthy all year, Bynum would consistently be the 2nd best center in the league. Maybe even taking over Dwight's spot.

hawkfan
05-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Bogut and Lee are better teammates for the Warriors than Howard would be.
Howard's ego is too big to allow Curry, Thompson, Barnes to shoot more shots.

The Warriors just needed a healthy Lee and Bogut this year.

I'd rather have Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap with the Hawks and bring back Horford and Smith rather adding Howard.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Bogut and Lee are better teammates for the Warriors than Howard would be.
Howard's ego is too big to allow Curry, Thompson, Barnes to shoot more shots.

The Warriors just needed a healthy Lee and Bogut this year.

I'd rather have Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap with the Hawks and bring back Horford and Smith rather adding Howard.

i bet u would cause u r hawkfan

SnakePlissken
05-24-2013, 12:17 AM
If they could pull it off and Curry's ankles/legs stay healthy just hand that team the championship for the next 5 seasons.

C: Dwight Howard
PF: David Lee
SF: Harrison Barnes
SG: Klay Thompson
PG: Stephen Curry

There's not a team in the league that would have a better all around starting lineup than that. It just wouldn't even be fair. Forget the Heat being some sort of dream team. This team would destroy the Heat.

PejaNowitzki
05-24-2013, 01:14 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/122505_o.gif

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5257/5520538218_c0132ddbbd.jpg

tikay0
05-24-2013, 01:23 AM
If they could pull it off and Curry's ankles/legs stay healthy just hand that team the championship for the next 5 seasons.

There's not a team in the league that would have a better all around starting lineup than that. It just wouldn't even be fair. Forget the Heat being some sort of dream team. This team would destroy the Heat.

That's literally not fair. Way too much offensive firepower to deal with. They're looking like a modified Thunder, but with an MVP caliber center.

FiveRings
05-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Of course the Lakers would ask for Curry but that doesn't mean they'd get him. But let's be clear the Lakers have no incentive to take back bad contracts or get ripped off in this trade. They'd ask for Lee, Klay and Barnes, probably settle on Lee+Klay and a pick. I laugh at all these posters that are praying the Lakers lose Dwight for nothing. 30 million reasons for Dwight to either resign or work with the Lakers.
Did the Cavaliers ask for Wade when doing the Lebron sign and trade? They got nothing but draft picks and the Raptors got nothing but draft picks for Bosh.

I think there's next to no chance GS offers Klay Thompson. GS probably won't even want to give up both Lee and Barnes, and I think LA should take that if they have the chance. Lee and Barnes is actually a better package than what Orlando got for Dwight, and it's better than what Houston has to offer. If LA can get Jarrett Jack too that would be awesome.

Klay is a pipedream. Not gonna happen.

KyleKong
05-24-2013, 01:56 AM

Exactly what I was thinking.

jdm_dc_fan
05-24-2013, 03:02 AM

C: Greg Oden
PF: Chris Bosh
SF: Lebron James
SG: Dywane Wade
PG: Mario Chalmers

Bench: Ray Allen, Norris Cole, Chris Anderson, Shane Battier. 2013-2014 heat > * and I'm not a heat fan. :(

TheBigVeto
05-24-2013, 03:23 AM

Nope.
Klay + Steph <<< Kobe when it comes to shotjacking and ballhogging. Dwight would get more touches with the Warriors.

maybeshewill13
05-24-2013, 03:35 AM

Bench: Ray Allen, Norris Cole, Chris Anderson, Shane Battier. 2013-2014 heat > * and I'm not a heat fan. :(
LOL Oden.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

SpurrDurr
05-24-2013, 05:08 AM

Wow, so scared. Now they want a broken Oden too . Like they aren't lucky enough with Bosh and Birdman :confusedshrug:

People always underlook the resilience of a player. Bogut is a total wreck in this aspect. Give me an Howard with back injuries over a temporary healthy Bogut any time. At least he ll play most of the games of the season.

All Net
05-24-2013, 06:46 AM
I hope you're joking.

People argued it...it wasn't one sided at all.

HomieWeMajor
05-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Dwight's seen some pussay that he likes around the Bay Area

monkeypox
05-24-2013, 07:02 AM
Klay's dad is the radio color commentator for the Lakers. He's always said his dream was for his son to play on the Lakers.

arifgokcen
05-24-2013, 07:38 AM
thats a good promising team he could ruin right there :bowdown:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I dont like agreeing with you but you just might be right

Sharmer
05-24-2013, 07:52 AM
That's true.

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af221/Sultram/mj7i8g.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Sultram/media/mj7i8g.gif.html)

KOBE143
05-24-2013, 09:21 AM
Howard, Nash, Gasol, MWP for Curry, Bogut, Barnes, Lee.. :bowdown:

Kick that DoucheHoward, Gasoft, PointsForFreeNash out of LA..

Do it Mitch..

hawkfan
05-24-2013, 10:00 AM
i bet u would cause u r hawkfan

Jefferson and Millsap are better offensive players than Howard.

And to remind you, the downward spiral of Howard started when the Hawks beat the Magic in 2011, when Jason Collins, Zaza Pachulia, Josh Powell, Etan Thomas controlled and contained Howard in that playoff series.

Le Shaqtus
05-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Jefferson and Millsap are better offensive players than Howard.

And to remind you, the downward spiral of Howard started when the Hawks beat the Magic in 2011, when Jason Collins, Zaza Pachulia, Josh Powell, Etan Thomas controlled and contained Howard in that playoff series.

That brings back bad memories :oldlol:

hawkfan
05-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Bogut and Lee are better fits for the Warriors because they are willing to let Curry, Thompson and Barnes shoot a lot of shots.

Now Curry, Thompson and Barnes have to learn how to utilize Bogut in the low post.

Howard will cry like a baby if he isn't getting his touches. Bogut is older and has been through a lot of injuries and he is willing to sacrifice his shots for the betterment of the team.

Howard really should go to Dallas because he needs Dirk's game would complement Howard well and at this point, Dirk would be willing to give up some shots.

longtime lurker
05-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Did the Cavaliers ask for Wade when doing the Lebron sign and trade? They got nothing but draft picks and the Raptors got nothing but draft picks for Bosh.

I think there's next to no chance GS offers Klay Thompson. GS probably won't even want to give up both Lee and Barnes, and I think LA should take that if they have the chance. Lee and Barnes is actually a better package than what Orlando got for Dwight, and it's better than what Houston has to offer. If LA can get Jarrett Jack too that would be awesome.

Klay is a pipedream. Not gonna happen.

Lol complete different situations from Lebron. Lebron could have just walked to Miami and given up more money. The Cavs should have called his bluff but they were in rebuilding mode so they took what they could get. The Warriors are OVER the cap and can't sign Dwight out right. If he wants to go there it's trough a sign and trade. Klay is not a pipe dream, Klay is the minimum for talks to even start. Warriors have no leverage in this situation. Lakers aren't desperate to rebuild.

Tmuston Beltics
05-24-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't think it would be a good think for the Warriors to trade for Howard!

Robster89
05-24-2013, 12:02 PM

I think R.I.P. is the only person in this thread that understands that this CANNOT happen!

Warriors capped out.
Lakers in tax cannot receive players in sign and trades.

And why would the Lakers want expiring's like Jefferson and Biedrins?
Better to just ley Dwight walk and the salary goes away immediately.

Cali Syndicate
05-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Warriors better not do anything rash man.

niko
05-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Lakers don't (nor need to) get value in a trade with GS. Essentially they'd make that trade to get a valuable player (Barnes maybe?), expirers (so their 2014 situation does not change) and a pick. Something instead of nothing if Dwight goes to Atlanta, etc.

Scholar
05-24-2013, 06:36 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe the Lakers can't do a sign & trade with D12 due to being over the salary cap, right?

Anyway, I don't give a shit any more where Dwight ends up. Just make up your mind already. If you're leaving LAL, just say so now, so the Lakers can move on and try to repair what's been ****ed with Pau Gasol.

Brujesino
05-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Not gonna happen.

Scholar
05-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Klay's dad is the radio color commentator for the Lakers. He's always said his dream was for his son to play on the Lakers.

Mychal Thompson also said he'd prefer Klay stay in GS since the team is young and only has time to develop and improve from here on out.

longtime lurker
05-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe the Lakers can't do a sign & trade with D12 due to being over the salary cap, right?

Anyway, I don't give a shit any more where Dwight ends up. Just make up your mind already. If you're leaving LAL, just say so now, so the Lakers can move on and try to repair what's been ****ed with Pau Gasol.

IF I'm not mistaken they couldn't get a max contract player heading to the Lakers since they're so deep in the luxury tax but I don't believe there is any restriction doing the other way considering unless the receiving team is also deep in the luxury tax. Again I'm not 100% sure but I believe that's why it's possible.

knickballer
05-24-2013, 06:58 PM
David Lee did excel under MDA in NY so a trade involving Lee and Howard won't be out of the ordinary.

What about: David Lee, Harrison Barnes and Richard Jefferson for Dwight and filler?

JimmyMcAdocious
05-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Oden? :roll: Where the **** did that come from?

Jordan beat MKG 1v1 and has joked around about playing again.

Westbrook/Jordan/Durant/Ibaka/ANYONE not named Perkins.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

niko
05-24-2013, 07:43 PM

No, the rule is the acquiring team has to be under the apron. The team shipping the players out is ok (as long as the players they are acquiring are not also sign and trade.

niko
05-24-2013, 07:44 PM
David Lee did excel under MDA in NY so a trade involving Lee and Howard won't be out of the ordinary.

What about: David Lee, Harrison Barnes and Richard Jefferson for Dwight and filler?
I don't think the Lakers want long term salary. I actually think Bierdens/Jefferson/Barnes and pick would be what would get it done moreso than Lee and Barners. Add assets and no extra salary.

All Net
05-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Bogut is Only 28?

Rekindled
05-24-2013, 07:56 PM
bogut+Thompson+ bierdins/jefferson for dwight

STATUTORY
05-24-2013, 08:06 PM
I bet no one on the GS is gonna recruit him so he's gonna be petulant about not being desired

Dwight is a manchild and will disrupt the lockerroom of any coherent franchsie