PDA

View Full Version : 15 seconds left, down by 1, ball at half court: Who you got?

IncarceratedBob
05-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Choose any player in history. Who gets you the win?

I'm taking LeBron.

Michael Jordan - 4
LeBron James -4
Jerry West - 1

r15mohd
05-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Michael Mother-Effing Jordan!

daj0264
05-23-2013, 03:43 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mass Debator
05-23-2013, 03:44 PM
CP3 or Kyrie (right now)
Jordan or Kobe (history)

OldSkoolball#52
05-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Definitely either MJ or Lebron, the two best perimeter players in history :bowdown:

daj0264
05-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Jordan

leMVP
05-23-2013, 03:47 PM
MJ or Lebron.

NumberSix
05-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Jerry West.

DuMa
05-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Reggie Miller

Clutch
05-23-2013, 03:51 PM
LeBron if I'm playing against Vogel.

Otherwise it's Jordan.

Johnny Jones
05-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Robert Horry

BuffaloBill
05-23-2013, 03:55 PM
KD

K Xerxes
05-23-2013, 03:56 PM
That guy in my avatar. He was pretty good, right?

longtime lurker
05-23-2013, 03:57 PM

Otherwise it's Jordan.

:roll: :roll:

Psycho
05-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Jason Collins, NBA legend.

KyrieTheFuture
05-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Kyrie Irving

fpliii
05-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Larry Bird

lebeast666
05-23-2013, 03:59 PM
The Bron

sportjames23
05-23-2013, 03:59 PM

I'm taking LeBron.

Michael Jordan - 4
LeBron James -4
Jerry West - 1

And you're most likely taking the L, too.

I'm going with the GOAT. Second choice would be Mr. Clutch.

Lebron doesn't deserve to be in the same conversation with the other two. Hell, there's more players I would take over Bron: Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Kobe, Magic (who is criminally underrated when it comes to hitting winning shots), etc.

NumberSix
05-23-2013, 04:01 PM
That guy in my avatar. He was pretty good, right?
Oh right. I forgot. This is ISH. Where we have to pretend Jordan is the undisputed best at everything. Yeah, Jordan was the best shooter ever. He could definitely get the ball somewhere for a high percentage shot because he was the best ball handler ever too. Either that, or an assist because he's the best passer.

daj0264
05-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Oh right. I forgot. This is ISH. Where we have to pretend Jordan is the undisputed best at everything. Yeah, Jordan was the best shooter ever. He could definitely get the ball somewhere for a high percentage shot because he was the best ball handler ever too. Either that, or an assist because he's the best passer.

good analysis of jordan

K Xerxes
05-23-2013, 04:03 PM

WTF is this shit. On another thread, I'm getting accused for being a secret LeBron fanboy disguised as an MJ one, and here I'm accused of believing that MJ was the undisputed best at everything.

You people... you people... :wtf:

NBAller
05-23-2013, 04:04 PM
i'll take lebron too. if he doesn't have the shot he has the iq to dish it out to the open man, so either way you'll get a good look for the win.

dh144498
05-23-2013, 04:10 PM
all time: MJ
right now: Kyrie.

Element
05-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Jordan

GTFO with LeBron. Only other option on the same level would be prime Kobe

Magic 32
05-23-2013, 04:18 PM

I'm taking LeBron.

Michael Jordan - 4
LeBron James -4
Jerry West - 1

If the opposition allows uncontested layups = Lebron

If not = MJ or Kobe

Jlamb47
05-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Kobe

atljonesbro
05-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Joe Johnson

NumberSix
05-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Jordan

GTFO with LeBron. Only other option on the same level would be prime Kobe
April 2013

TheWalkman
05-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah, Jordan was the best shooter ever. He could definitely get the ball somewhere for a high percentage shot because he was the best ball handler ever too. Either that, or an assist because he's the best passer.

NumberSix finally coming to his senses. Well done, sir.

http://i.imgur.com/8O8OU.gif

Oh, btw OP. Michael Jordan.

FiveRings
05-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Mike.

In today's league, Bryant or Durant.

Props to Lebron though. He's been pretty clutch this season and has had a few game winners. Good job by Lebron last night taking advantage of George's big mistake. It was only a layup, but Bron did hit a jumpshot to win a game during the season, and it seems like his confidence is at an all time high.

NumberSix
05-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Mike.

In today's league, Bryant or Durant.

Props to Lebron though. He's been pretty clutch this season and has had a few game winners. Good job by Lebron last night taking advantage of George's big mistake. It was only a layup, but Bron did hit a jumpshot to win a game during the season, and it seems like his confidence is at an all time high.
April 2013.

KyleKong
05-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Oh how people forget about Carmelo Anthony...

HomieWeMajor
05-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Wilt
Hookshots from 3 point land ftw

bluechox2
05-23-2013, 05:17 PM
jordan

FiveRings
05-23-2013, 05:31 PM
April 2013.
I'm one of the very few Laker fans giving Lebron props rather than being butthurt. Give me credit for that at least. It was an awesome game last night and I enjoyed every minute of it.

TheReal Kendall
05-23-2013, 05:38 PM
MJ, Reggie, Bird, Horry, Kerr, Elliott, Kobe, Shaq, Melo . A lot of options but I would pick MJ from past and present probably Melo or Kobe:confusedshrug: I wouldn't pick Bron cause he would pass it off to Norris Cole or some scrub. Ray Allen is a good choice too.

tmacattack33
05-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Using players who've played since I've been watching in 1995...

1. MJ
2. Lebron
3. Durant
4. Kobe
5. Wade

And maybe Prime Penny or Prime CP3 as well.

OldSkoolball#52
05-23-2013, 06:25 PM
MJ, Reggie, Bird, Horry, Kerr, Elliott, Kobe, Shaq, Melo . A lot of options but I would pick MJ from past and present probably Melo or Kobe:confusedshrug: I wouldn't pick Bron cause he would pass it off to Norris Cole or some scrub. Ray Allen is a good choice too.

Norris Cole has a better track record in the clutch than Kobe :confusedshrug:

Foster5k
05-23-2013, 06:31 PM
In all of basetball history - Michael Jordan (Hell, he even beat Aliens to save the Earth in Space Jam. :D)

Currently - Lebron or Stephen Curry

305Baller
05-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Alltime - Jordan.
in the post all time - Kareem
now- LeBron

hybridLB
05-23-2013, 06:37 PM
MJ

In today's game: Joe Johnson

TheReal Kendall
05-23-2013, 06:40 PM
Norris Cole has a better track record in the clutch than Kobe :confusedshrug:

:coleman:

So you would give Cole the ball with 15 seconds to go over Kobe? :facepalm

GTFOH! I'm not a Kobe fan but come on.

ProfessorMurder
05-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Bird.
Jordan.
Reggie.

In that order.

Straight_Ballin
05-23-2013, 07:48 PM
All time with all players in their prime? Hmm, let me think for a second.

Jordan.

The guy who was in the finals 6 times and won them each time along with the MVP each time.

And it's not even close.

DirkNowitzki41
05-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Jason Collins, NBA legend.

This. Great ball handler, can take it from long range, and great at penetrating to the hole.

SamuraiSWISH
05-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Jesus, come on ... his nickname wasn't MONEY for nothing. MJ, all day.

DMAVS41
05-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Jordan and it's not even remotely close.

KingTut
05-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Michael Jordan The Gaaaawd

sportjames23
05-23-2013, 08:47 PM

You sound salty. Did MJ whoop up on your team back in the day?

black&scholes
05-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Michael Jordan

who ever not chooses Jordan is a dumbass

and even more dumbass are people who choose Lebron over jordan:facepalm :facepalm

tikay0
05-24-2013, 12:10 AM
WTF is this shit. On another thread, I'm getting accused for being a secret LeBron fanboy disguised as an MJ one, and here I'm accused of believing that MJ was the undisputed best at everything.

You people... you people... :wtf:

STFU with your Lebron ALT ass. Kinda ironic how Numbersixx picks your comment out of the handful of comments in the first page, and it's not even a MJ nut riding comment.

Numbersixx, you're a pathetic troll.

Boston C's
05-24-2013, 12:12 AM
Props to lebron for putting his past failures behind him and being clutch this season but lets be real he doesnt belong in the same stratosphere let alone sentence as guys like MJ in the clutch

btw ppl larry bird did we forget how good this dude was in the clutch...to me Jordan and Bird are neck in neck...hell larry would tell the guy thats guarding him where he was going to shoot it and he would get to that spot and still drain it over his ass

Give me Jordan or Bird easy

honorable mention to guys like reggie, kobe, dirk, ray ray (I'm a homer but hes still big time) jerry west, magic johnson etc

bdreason
05-24-2013, 12:13 AM
All-time? MJ

Current? LeBron

deja vu
05-24-2013, 12:13 AM

Otherwise it's Jordan.
This. :lol

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2013, 12:15 AM
You sound salty. Did MJ whoop up on your team back in the day?
He doesn't have a squad. He's a LeBron James only fan. A self proclaimed "Laker fan" with username NumberSix. You do the math, bro. He's just mad MJ is still considered the greatest.

tpols
05-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Down 1? mj

Down 6 or more? Reggie Miller:D

tazb
05-24-2013, 12:21 AM
LeBron. Will make the best basketball decision judging by the other team's defense.

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2013, 12:25 AM
LeBron. Will make the best basketball decision judging by the other team's defense.
Negative, Jordan always made the right decision. Never forced the issue (ala Kobe) never shied away from the moment like a limp dick softie (ala LeBron) ... MJ, best of both worlds aka GOAT.

Kews1
05-24-2013, 12:28 AM
Paul Pierce :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

But in all seriousness probably Jordan

avonbarksdale
05-24-2013, 12:30 AM
gimme kobe

plowking
05-24-2013, 12:32 AM
Negative, Jordan always made the right decision. Never forced the issue (ala Kobe) never shied away from the moment like a limp dick softie (ala LeBron) ... MJ, best of both worlds aka GOAT.

Of course he didn't. Yet we have Kukoc, Kerr, and Pippen all making game winners while Jordan was playing.

Its only shying away when Lebron does it.

If you perpetrate a theme as much as Kobe/Jordan fans and the media do, you'd start to believe it. All statistical evidence points to Lebron being a fantastic clutch player over his entire career span. Hes had rough patches, but so have Kobe and Jordan.

Greg Oden 50
05-24-2013, 12:32 AM
lebron can't makes clutch shot without attack the rim :no:

maybeshewill13
05-24-2013, 12:35 AM
Jordan

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2013, 12:36 AM
If you perpetrate a theme as much as Kobe/Jordan fans and the media do, you'd start to believe it. All statistical evidence points to Lebron being a fantastic clutch player over his entire career span. Hes had rough patches, but so have Kobe and Jordan.
Statistical evidence points to MJ being superior in the clutch than both Kobe and LeBron. So, thanks for proving my point Crocodile Dundee. That isn't some mythical narrative, either.

At least try to be un-biased. I honestly don't know what you're even trying to insinuate here. LeBron > MJ in the clutch? LOL ... really? Stop sitting on your custom made Miami Heat dildo.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-24-2013, 12:37 AM
Statistical evidence points to MJ being superior in the clutch than both Kobe and LeBron. So, thanks for proving my point Crocodile Dundee. That isn't some mythical narrative, either.

At least try to be un-biased. I honestly don't know what you're even trying to insinuate here. LeBron > MJ in the clutch? LOL ... really? Stop sitting on your custom made Miami Heat dildo.

:roll::applause:

plowking
05-24-2013, 12:38 AM

And yet you're still wrong about Lebron. I didn't even give an opinion of who I thought was more clutch.

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2013, 12:43 AM
And yet you're still wrong about Lebron. I didn't even give an opinion of who I thought was more clutch.
Well why don't you man up and give us that opinion, mate.

No, I said MJ > LeBron in the clutch. That isn't wrong. Stats back me up on their end of game / last shot FG % ... MJ converts at a higher rate, and using context, he hasn't shied away from those moments like LeBron either.

So I'm clearly not wrong about LeBron. Take your lumps Dundee, and go home or spit out your actual LeBron loving / defending agenda like a real man-stan. Don't shy away from your homerism. Embrace it, Kangaroo Jack.

Your fixation on LeBron is reaching pauk like crazy levels. You've officially entered the psycho stan ether of ISH.

Legends66NBA7
05-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Is it just one player to create the best opportunity ? And were talking about all-time players ?

Michael Jordan.

There are others that can break down a defense too with skill, like a Larry Bird.

Current crop of players ? These would be my Top 10 (no order):

Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Kyrie Irving
Dirk Nowitzki
Kobe Bryant
Paul Pierce
Chris Paul
LeBron James
Tony Parker
Ray Allen

tazb
05-24-2013, 12:46 AM
:facepalm Probably the biggest myth in NBA history right here.

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2013, 12:48 AM
:facepalm Probably the biggest myth in NBA history right here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=997NpDUaDcM

Just an example. He's even done it in exhibition games like All Star Games.

VIntageNOvel
05-24-2013, 12:52 AM
Active player:

Kobe

<gap>

Irving
Allen
Battier
Wade

<big gap>

paul george

<small gap>
steve blake
<no gap>
lebron

tazb
05-24-2013, 12:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=997NpDUaDcM

Just an example. He's even done it in exhibition games like All Star Games.

So he made the right play, a double came, he passed it to a wide open Haslem who usually hits that jumper 9 times out of 10. :confusedshrug:

And lmao @ an all-star game.

Boston C's
05-24-2013, 12:56 AM
So he made the right play, a double came, he passed it to a wide open Haslem who usually hits that jumper 9 times out of 10. :confusedshrug:

I just want to set the record straight....out of all the nba players in the history of the game you choose lebron?

tazb
05-24-2013, 12:59 AM
I just want to set the record straight....out of all the nba players in the history of the game you choose lebron?

Either Jordan or LeBron. But what SamuraiSWISH said is totally false.

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2013, 12:59 AM

You didn't even watch that game, did you?

No, not the right decision. At all really. LeBron had made the previous two difficult shots ... had the hot hand. Context and common sense says you ride your best player for a win, including the hot hand.

Not only that in regards to the actual play, context tells me he had the ability to rise up for an open shot at the elbow with a simple step back.

Instead he puts the pressure on a much less capable player, Haslem, who hadn't made the last two three pointers and was probably out of rhythm and puts the entire weight of the game on a role player's shoulders, who didn't even have an ideal super nice look at the basket.

Thus, LeBron made the wrong decision in context, and wasn't even looking for his own shot.

Kews1
05-24-2013, 01:00 AM
People who say Kobe are either in denial or delusional, havnt they seen the statistics?

BALL DONT LIE!

iamgine
05-24-2013, 01:02 AM
Gilbert Arenas

Boston C's
05-24-2013, 01:03 AM
Either Jordan or LeBron. But what SamuraiSWISH said is totally false.

Hey man its your opinion but I totally disagree with lebron...I get what your saying about the right basketball play but if its me lebron would probably be like the 15th player I'd choose lol

players I'd choose over him in no order (just to name a few)

Jordan, Magic,Bird, Kobe, Dirk, Miller, Allen, Pierce, West, Hondo

tazb
05-24-2013, 01:06 AM

No, not the right decision. At all really. LeBron had made the previous two difficult shots ... had the hot hand. Context and common sense says you ride your best player for a win, including the hot hand.

Not only that in regards to the actual play, context tells me he had the ability to rise up for an open shot at the elbow with a simple step back.

Instead he puts the pressure on a much less capable player, Haslem, who hadn't made the last two three pointers and was probably out of rhythm and puts the entire weight of the game on a role player's shoulders, who didn't even have an ideal super nice look at the basket.

Thus, LeBron made the wrong decision in context, and wasn't even looking for his own shot.

I didn't watch the game yet you just said Haslem missed his last two three pointers. :facepalm

Rose'sACL
05-24-2013, 01:08 AM

Stop trolling and go have a drink with some role player's brother and make a new thread about it.

305Baller
05-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Stop trolling and go have a drink with some role player's brother and make a new thread about it.

I just heard from Pat Riley.

He paid off Vogel.

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2013, 01:12 AM
I didn't watch the game yet you just said Haslem missed his last two three pointers. :facepalm
I said LeBron had made the last two three pointers. So why does he shy away from riding his own hot hand, and doesn't even try to look to create a shot for himself?

Instead passes to Haslem, a much less capable shooter than himself. It was a ridiculously stupid decision to end the game, and one that was born of fear of the moment.

That's why he passed off the responsibility like a hot potato to a player that shouldn't be having to close out a game for their team. Haslem isn't a shot maker, let alone an end of game shot maker. He's a hustle dork, defender, and rebounder.

Another mad LeBron stan, I see.

tazb
05-24-2013, 01:17 AM
I said LeBron had made the last two three pointers. So why does he shy away from riding his own hot hand, and doesn't even try to look to create a shot for himself?

Instead passes to Haslem, a much less capable shooter than himself. It was a ridiculously stupid decision to end the game, and one that was born of fear of the moment.

That's why he passed off the responsibility like a hot potato to a player that shouldn't be having to close out a game for their team. Haslem isn't a shot maker, let alone an end of game shot maker. He's a hustle dork, defender, and rebounder.

Who knows, maybe coach Spo drew the play up for Haslem for some reason? :confusedshrug:

Either way, that means you still didn't watch the game, because one of those 3 pointers was ruled a two cause his foot was on the line.

UtahJazzFan88
05-24-2013, 01:17 AM
Probably Durant or Paul (if we're talking right now). It's nothing against LeBron because I'd probably put him 3rd, his unclutchness is a total myth, but Chris Paul is an assassin in these situations.

Rose'sACL
05-24-2013, 01:18 AM

says the bandwagon fan. Don't tell me there is a more safer player to bandwagon on an NBA forum than jordan. Also, the safest player to hate while getting a lot of resposes on this board is lebron.
This thread is as laughable as me making a thread that lebron is a better scorer than jordan or lebron is GOAT and not Jordan.
Understand how basketball is played instead of getting drunk alone every night and dreaming that you had drinks with people you have never met.

on the topic : i would give jordan the ball. among current players i would give the ball to melo.

tazb
05-24-2013, 01:26 AM
I was born and raised in Chicago.

:oldlol:

A) I've most likely played it at higher levels than you. Thus my breakdown of why that last second lack of fortitude by LeBron was an atrocious decision

And B) ... right, that's why the next night Mike Miller's brother gave me the picture of his personally engraved ring and I posted it.

C) How am I hating on LeBron? Try again ISH rookie.

http://www.oxonianreview.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/irony.jpg

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2013, 01:28 AM
says the bandwagon fan. Don't tell me there is a more safer player to bandwagon on an NBA forum than jordan.

:facepalm

Understand how basketball is played instead of getting drunk alone every night and dreaming that you had drinks with people you have never met.
A) I've most likely played it at higher levels than you. Thus my breakdown of why that last second lack of fortitude by LeBron v.s. the Jazz was an atrocious basketball decision.

Know your personnel. One of the first things you need to know as leader, or playmaker for a team. Haslem isn't an end of game jump shot maker.

And B) ... right, that's why the next night Mike Miller's brother gave me the picture of his personally engraved ring and I posted it.

Note, everyone who isn't a rookie to this site knows I've been here since June of 2006.

Rose'sACL
05-24-2013, 01:32 AM

:facepalm

A) I've most likely played it at higher levels than you. Thus my breakdown of why that last second lack of fortitude by LeBron v.s. the Jazz was an atrocious basketball decision.

Know your personnel. One of the first things you need to know as leader, or playmaker for a team. Haslem isn't an end of game jump shot maker.

Post a picture with you in it with a newspaper next to you. i will have no problem believing or even apologizing for doubting you but those pictures don't prove anything.
also, i never wrote anywhere that i would give the ball to lebron in final seconds.
Try again bandwagon Jordan fan who thinks he is a Chicago fan.
Being from Chicago doesn't prove anything. according to you all the people from Seattle are bandwagon fans of whichever team they currently support.
This is 2013, you can watch other teams if you don't have a team in your city.
I have played on higher level than you and i am not going to prove it just like you.

chazzy
05-24-2013, 01:37 AM
he passed it to a wide open Haslem who usually hits that jumper 9 times out of 10. :confusedshrug:

Yeah right. Maybe you didn't notice while you were still a Celtics fan (lol) but Haslem's jumper fell off, bad.

Rose'sACL
05-24-2013, 01:46 AM
i can post a picture of a million dollars but if i am not in the picture, it doesn't prove anything, does it.
May be you are telling the truth but i can't say that i or anyone who has been on the internet for more than a few months can believe you with that picture.
Also, why would i prove that i played on higher level than you when you made a similar statement without any proof?
Alt-account old timers really are idiots.

General
05-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Kobe Bryant.

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2013, 01:49 AM
Post a picture with you in it with a newspaper next to you. i will have no problem believing or even apologizing for doubting you but those pictures don't prove anything.

I give proof, and the clowns need even more proof. This time with a newspaper. Like are you serious?

What type of social skills have you lack of a life outside ISH losers developed.

also, i never wrote anywhere that i would give the ball to lebron in final seconds.
Where did I say you did?

Try again bandwagon Jordan fan who thinks he is a Chicago fan.
Nope, you can't be a "bandwagon fan" when you were born and raised in the city you root for ... and it just so happens the GOAT played for said franchise.

Bandwagon is making the easy decision to be a LeBron stan, following him from Cleveland to Miami and changing team affiliations just because of so ...

Thus, a bandwagon fan. Like yourself. You're too chicken shit to even admit where you're from.

according to you all the people from Seattle are bandwagon fans of whichever team they currently support.
When did I say that ... I make fun of an Australian who roots for, and I quote: the 49ers, the Heat, and Chelsea

I have played on higher level than you and i am not going to prove it just like you.
Why can't you prove it? Sounds weak to me.

I posted a picture of a ring given to Jared Miller from Mike Miller.

He doesn't wear his ring, so why would I need to post a picture of me wearing it with a newspaper? Yet you're the one who can make claims and then not back it up?

P-U-S-S-Y.

What level of basketball did you play? I have a hard time believing you played a higher level than college. So if you have played a form of a professional league, man up and prove it to me.

You didn't play in a higher level of basketball than myself. And it stands that way until you provide proof. You're probably a shitty weekend warrior. At best a men's league player. Until further proof, you're not shit on the court.

And given you probably don't play in an actual MAJOR American city with QUALITY competition ala Chicago, New York, or LA ... then you're not shit to me on the court. And until ISH gets proof don't hype yourself up without proof. Only kid here who I respect, who I know balls and is decent is brandonislegend and lilojmayo.

Lateralus
05-24-2013, 01:49 AM
T-Mac, he can drop like 6 pts in that amount of time:bowdown: :bowdown:

chazzy
05-24-2013, 01:51 AM
i can post a picture of a million dollars but if i am not in the picture, it doesn't prove anything, does it.
May be you are telling the truth but i can't say that i or anyone who has been on the internet for more than a few months can believe you with that picture.
Does it really matter that much? He met Mike Miller's brother at a bar, why is that so hard to believe? These people are out in the world lol.. I've played against Jrue Holiday before and that shouldn't be something I need to go out of my way to prove either.

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2013, 01:58 AM
Does it really matter that much? He met Mike Miller's brother at a bar, why is that so hard to believe? These people are out in the world lol.. I've played against Jrue Holiday before and that shouldn't be something I need to go out of my way to prove either.
Thank you, not only that ... I provided a relevant interesting story I thought ISH would like to hear given the subject matter of the boards. I'm met with twisted undies, and rustled jimmies over comments about Miami Heat players that weren't even particularly damaging. Just the truth.

Then, the next night I even asked him to provide a picture to help prove stuff to my "friends" who didn't believe we were hanging out shooting the shit and talking about the Heat behind close doors. He gives me a picture of his legit championship ring engraved and given to him by his brother ... I post it and the reactions of Heat stans?

Fake. Need more proof. Take a picture with a newspaper.

How do these people socialize? If they do it all. Am I to fault that I have a social life at bars, that just so happened to be frequented with at times by athletes, entertainers, or their siblings? The level of hate and distrust I was met with was more than alarming.

Pushxx
05-24-2013, 01:59 AM
Larry Bird.

Trollsmasher
05-24-2013, 02:07 AM
Depends on teammates. Stars or scrubs?

Jordan could hardly win a game without a HOF teammate, so if the supporting cast is Clevelandesque, I would probably take LeBron.

Don't know why are people so mad about him. He has been by far the clutchest player in the league since he came into (proven by both stats and eye test, in every imaginable definition of clutch). One really fvcked up series does not change that.

Shade8780
05-24-2013, 02:38 AM
Down 1? mj

Down 6 or more? Reggie Miller:D
Down 13 or more? Tracy McGrady :D

Lateralus
05-24-2013, 02:40 AM
Down 13 or more? Tracy McGrady :D

:applause: :bowdown:

ripthekik
05-24-2013, 02:57 AM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

wow.. this guy be ethering lebron stans (RoseACL) HARD!
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Picking lebron? please :oldlol:
maybe if I have money on the other team.

noob cake
05-24-2013, 04:03 AM
People who say Kobe are either in denial or delusional, havnt they seen the statistics?

BALL DONT LIE!

But but but Kobe has as many game winners as LeBron....

Tbh, no one is better than Bron right now. I think in a year or two, Uncle Drew will be the best closer and second best player in the league.

d.bball.guy
05-24-2013, 04:21 AM
Shaq

Sakkreth
05-24-2013, 04:29 AM
Shaq

LOL, even if the ball gets to him just hack him gl at free throw line.

Anyways my pick for now would be LeBron, last 2 years Dirk and all-time Magic/Jordan too hard to pick.

uber
05-24-2013, 04:35 AM
Lebron wouldn't take the shot because it could mess up his FG%.

Micku
05-24-2013, 04:37 AM
I would take CP3 over LBJ. He made more clutch shots than LBJ ever did in that type of situation. But LBJ can make a good play.

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2013, 04:50 AM
Jordan could hardly win a game without a HOF teammate, so if the supporting cast is Clevelandesque, I would probably take LeBron.
LOL wut?

In 1988 MJ took the Bulls to the semi Finals and lost to the Pistons, with Sam Vincent averaging 10 ppg as his next best player (MJ averaged 36 ppg in the playoffs)

MJ took the '89 Bulls to the ECF and lost in 6 games to the eventual world champion Pistons. MJ averaged 35 ppg, and pre all star Pippen averaged 13 ppg as the next most productive player for the Bulls.

In 1990 the Bulls as underdogs lost in the ECF, losing in 7 games to the the eventual repeat world champions. Jordan's next best player being a mentally weak pre All Star caliber Scottie Pippen being the 2nd most productive player on the Bulls averaging 19 ppg. MJ? He averaged a measly 37 ppg for the '90 playoffs.

These boards are being consumed with 15 year olds (max) hipster generation, wearing their sister's pants, listening to Justin Bieber and Drake on Dre headphone propping up LeBron, while trying to downplay the GOAT to ever step foot on a basketball court.

The epidemic has reached all the way to Australia, where kangaroo loving clowns like plowking make claims that LeBron is better than Jordan. MJ has no advantages over LeBron, and MJ isn't even a top five passing SG of all-time.

ISH has reached new insane lows during these playoffs. Miami has the most stacked team in the league, the most talented team, and given their relation to the rest of the league (the youngest and healthiest) and the weakest road to the Finals I've ever seen ... and they're still struggling at times, and these pre pubescent LeCawk suckers want to make the claim this guy is better than Jordan already.

Context, kids. Stop the bandwagoning, turn off the ESPN hype machine. It's past your bed time.

sportjames23
05-24-2013, 05:49 AM
Please, Swish, don't hurt 'em. :oldlol:

CeltsGarlic
05-24-2013, 06:19 AM
Kobe Bryant

SpaceJammeR
05-24-2013, 07:12 AM
ofcourse MJ the GOATIS!

sekachu
05-24-2013, 07:25 AM

I'm taking LeBron.

Michael Jordan - 4
LeBron James -4
Jerry West - 1

You are taking a guy who couldnt make crucial FT?

arifgokcen
05-24-2013, 07:31 AM
This is a ridiculous thread.Bait thread.

That said we could make a chi-square test to determine who really is the best option.Because lebron stans will say lebron,kobe stans will say kobe and others will vote for either jordan bird miller or j.west.

Another thing to consider is the personel(rest of the team).

I have rarely(2 or 3 times) seen jordan pass up an clutch shot,lebron on the other hand will pass to open man even if that open man is haslem.So it really depends on your personel.

Kobe as good as he is doesnt qualify for me.He makes the most impossible shots i have ever seen but his shot selection is so horrible thats why lakers have never been above average in crunch time during kobe era.

Bird is another fantastic option he will make the right play every time and he is a fantastic shooter.

Of course who can forget logo.

vinsanity2756
05-24-2013, 07:42 AM
There's nobody I would trust more than MJ in that situation. However if we were down by 2 with 1 second left, I would run reggie off a couple screens and he'd knock it down. Reggie Miller made so many clutch shots, not just against the knicks btw.

KOBE143
05-24-2013, 08:59 AM
If you want an impressive, tough, unbelievable, magnificent game winners then Kobe would be your choice

If you want a normal game winners then MJ

If you want a boring, ugly, open lay-up, unimpressive, easy to forget game winners then LeBron is the man..

HarryCallahan
05-24-2013, 09:38 AM
All-time- Jerry West
Current- Derek Fisher

Trollsmasher
05-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Most Game-Tying/Go-Ahead FG in Playoffs
Final 24 Secs. of 4th Qtr/OT Since 2003-04
FG
LeBron James 7-16
Kobe Bryant 5-17(1-7 before 03)
Kevin Durant 5-12
Dirk Nowitzki 5-12

PLAYOFFS - UNDER 10 SECONDS - GAME WINNING SHOTS:

LeBron: 5/10 - 50%
Jordan: 6/13 - 46%
Wade: 1/3 - 33%
Melo: 1/4 - 25%
Kobe: 3/14 - 21%
Durant: 1/5 - 20%

:confusedshrug:

dh144498
05-24-2013, 01:40 PM
still take Jordan and Kobe.

Booz Vivic
05-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Manu Ginobili

VIntageNOvel
05-24-2013, 01:47 PM
If you want an impressive, tough, unbelievable, magnificent game winners then Kobe would be your choice

If you want a normal game winners then MJ

If you want a boring, ugly, open lay-up, unimpressive, easy to forget game winners then LeBron is the man..
:applause: :applause:

BoutPractice
05-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Among active players, either Dirk Nowitzki or Kevin Durant.

Their hight and skills allow them to adapt to however the defense might play them.
They can create their own shot, shoot the 3, make ridiculous contested 2s, surprise the defense by going to the basket... even more crucial, they're great at drawing fouls and you can generally trust them to make free throws.

Harison
05-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Larry Bird

This. Jordan or West are also great answers, but anyone mentioning Lebron should really stop trolling :no:

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2013, 11:44 PM
It's still MJ first ...

And then Bird, or West.

Then Kobe.