PDA

View Full Version : Tips for making dress shirts softer?

Bourne
05-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Hey y'all,

I can't stand itchy dress shirts, and I have a very low tolerance for discomfort. I'll buy 15 dress shirts and return 14 of them because only one will be tolerable. Needless to say, it's a handful.

Anybody know any tips for getting dress shirts to be less itchy? I've even tried "sanding" them on the carpet.

bmulls
05-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Wear a t-shirt or wife beater underneath

daily
05-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Cotton only.

Use fabric softener when they are new

Rockets(T-mac)
05-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Wear a t-shirt or wife beater underneathThis.

Bourne
05-23-2013, 04:50 PM
responses to above ideas:

- fabric softener doesnt seem to do much...
- my most comfy shirt of all time was 100% polyester. what does that mean for cotton being better?
- undershirts dont deal with arms or neck

macmac
05-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Buy some pink ones or with flowers embroidered, you'll look soft as shiiit

PHX_Phan
05-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Is your skin really that sensitive that you can only wear 1 out of every 15 shirts you buy?

blablabla
05-23-2013, 05:10 PM
100% Cotton shirts are the most comfortable imo.

ballup
05-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Use fabric softener when you wash your clothes? :confusedshrug:

Bourne
05-23-2013, 06:53 PM
How exactly do use fabric softener?

like, must u use it every time or does it do it permanently?

ballup
05-23-2013, 06:59 PM

I don't know. I just put it in some times and other times I don't. If you want it to be consistently soft, just use it every time.

Burgz V2
05-23-2013, 07:05 PM

some washing machines have a slot where you pour it in, or, you pour it in during the rinse cycle as the rinse water fills up. Usually that's if you have one that loads from the top. If you use ones at a laundromat with the front doors, they should have a slot next to where you put the detergent in.

And if you dont like it, where only 100% Cotton or wear a wife beater

BrooklynZoo
05-23-2013, 07:16 PM
Hey y'all,

I can't stand itchy dress shirts, and I have a very low tolerance for discomfort. I'll buy 15 dress shirts and return 14 of them because only one will be tolerable. Needless to say, it's a handful.

Anybody know any tips for getting dress shirts to be less itchy? I've even tried "sanding" them on the carpet.

man, i hope thats not you in your avy

Bourne
05-23-2013, 07:36 PM
man, i hope thats not you in your avy

nah I used to be in my old avy until it got taken away

lefthook00
05-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Are you talking about dress shirts for work or dress shirts for going out, clubbing, etc.?

L.Kizzle
05-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Stop wearing cheap shirts.

Bourne
05-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Stop wearing cheap shirts.

Has nothing to do with cheapness, asshat. Buying arrow? THAT is cheap. Nautica? THAT is cheap. Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Calvin Klein etc those are not cheap. They don't break the bank but they arent cheap. So, step off, son.

And these are dress shirts for work, ones I wear for around 12 hours a day. Needs to be soft!

bmulls
05-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Has nothing to do with cheapness, asshat. Buying arrow? THAT is cheap. Nautica? THAT is cheap. Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Calvin Klein etc those are not cheap. They don't break the bank but they arent cheap. So, step off, son.

And these are dress shirts for work, ones I wear for around 12 hours a day. Needs to be soft!

You shouldn't be putting those shirts in the washing machine anyway. They need to be dry cleaned to stay nice. Also, the problem isn't the shirts. Nobody else has ever returned a shirt because it wasn't soft enough. You're just a v@gina.

Bourne
05-23-2013, 10:11 PM
You shouldn't be putting those shirts in the washing machine anyway. They need to be dry cleaned to stay nice. Also, the problem isn't the shirts. Nobody else has ever returned a shirt because it wasn't soft enough. You're just a v@gina.

Dry cleaning $60-$80 dress shirts? Geez. Who has time to do that? All dry cleaners in my area are closed when I get home.

Has nothing to do with toughness... I just can't stand scratchy shit

SevereUpInHere
05-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Fabric softener when you wash, tumble drying seems to make my clothes softer than hanging them on the line to dry.

Jameerthefear
05-24-2013, 12:27 AM
I hate 100% cotton because of lint.

Cali Syndicate
05-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Soak them in salt water for a day or two before washing it.

LJJ
05-26-2013, 06:45 AM
Hey y'all,

You know the ones you bought, but didn't return because they were comfy? Buy more of those.

Problem solved.

plowking
05-26-2013, 07:10 AM

Since when is CK, DKNY and Ralph Lauren making 100% polyester these days? :oldlol:

Go out and buy yourself some 100% cotton shirts. If you can't wear 14 out of 15 shirts that you buy, then you indeed are a pu55y. Its not scratchy, since everyone that has answered in here doesn't share your problem. You are in fact a pu55y.

LJJ
05-26-2013, 07:39 AM
If you can't wear 14 out of 15 shirts that you buy, then you indeed are a pu55y. Its not scratchy, since everyone that has answered in here doesn't share your problem. You are in fact a pu55y.

So much this too. Cotton is too harsh for the OP. He needs to wash his shirts in this:

http://i.imgur.com/CelPsFx.jpg

Balla_Status
05-26-2013, 07:46 AM
Dry clean your dress shirts...quit being poor.

Bourne
05-26-2013, 08:01 AM
lol @ no more tears

funny guy :P

the 100% polyester one... can't remember which brand that was. k my lazy ass just checked, kenneth cole reaction. not the greatest but the shirt feels sooooooo good [/chrisbosh]

and no you roody poo it has nothing to do with being a *****... while i might be one cuz i drink an inordinate amount of chocolate milk, i just cant stand scratchy shit *shrug*

Bourne
05-26-2013, 10:50 AM
When you're done wacking it, use the shirt you're talking about and clean up the jizz.

Your shirt will be mad soft.

My cream is made of dragontears, it destroys anything non-metallic

Shepseskaf
05-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Cotton only.
I never found pure cotton shirts very comfortable. I prefer a cotton/polyester blend from a reputable label.

johndeeregreen
05-26-2013, 12:37 PM
A-f*cking-men. Can't believe it took a full page for this.

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Wear a t-shirt or wife beater underneath

simplest and most efficient answer right there.

You ever try the Non Iron Brooks Brothers shirts? Those don't seem to itch.

Myth
05-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Your shirt is too uncomfortable? Really? And undershirt isn't enough because your dress shirt will still touch your arms? Really? :facepalm

This is the epitome of what they call "white people problems."

PHX_Phan
05-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Is a V-neck undershirt not enough?

Other than an undershirt or continuing to spend so much time searching for a 'soft' shirt, the only other thing I could suggest is to man up and get used to it. :confusedshrug: