PDA

View Full Version : MJ's record without a HOF teammate

Trollsmasher
05-24-2013, 03:17 AM
146-170

(counting only the seasons without HOF on the roster, so no 5 games stretches with injured Pippen)

:biggums:

:lol

IncarceratedBob
05-24-2013, 03:18 AM
What's his record in the finals

Trollsmasher
05-24-2013, 03:21 AM
I am focusing on his career without HOFers, so it really does not make sense to care about that.

Fallen Angel
05-24-2013, 03:25 AM
146-170

(counting only the seasons without HOF on the roster, so no 5 games stretches with injured Pippen)

You mad?

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9784/michaeljordansmall.png

Thank you OmniStrife for this wonderful photoshop.

ripthekik
05-24-2013, 03:26 AM
lebron stans are hilarious :oldlol:

Trollsmasher
05-24-2013, 03:27 AM
lebron stans are hilarious :oldlol:
You stalking me again?:coleman:

ripthekik
05-24-2013, 03:29 AM
OP:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1403169/it-s-still-real-to-me-damnit-o.gif

luckylucy
05-24-2013, 03:31 AM
6/6
0.5/3

uoykcuf
05-24-2013, 03:49 AM
6/6
0.5/3

this is new and exciting.

Quickening
05-24-2013, 03:49 AM
Great question... How many finals did Jordan get too without a HOF team mate, what was his playoff record?

Myth
05-24-2013, 03:53 AM
I thought the goal of Trollsmasher was to call out trolls and expose them, not be a troll himself. I was mistaken. Is there a Trollhunter? Maybe that is who I am thinking of.

Breezy
05-24-2013, 03:58 AM
I thought the goal of Trollsmasher was to call out trolls and expose them, not be a troll himself. I was mistaken. Is there a Trollhunter? Maybe that is who I am thinking of.
More like Troll MASTER!

Am I rite?!?!?

Up top!

East_Stone_Ya
05-24-2013, 03:59 AM
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/Iamacatdog/Macros-Reaction/Yall-postin-in-a-troll-thread.jpg

sportjames23
05-24-2013, 04:06 AM

Ether. :cheers:

talkingconch
05-24-2013, 04:49 AM
Jordan 6/6
Kobe 5/7

GOAT Lebron 1* / 3

Soundwave
05-24-2013, 04:51 AM
Scottie Pippen was not a HOF caliber player until 1992/1993 probably at the earliest. He had to be developed and sheltered under Jordan.

Find me one player in NBA history that would've done anything with those crappy Bulls teams pre-1988? Those rosters were awful.

Magic, Bird, Kobe (lol), ain't doing jack all with Orlando Woolridge and Quinten Daily as the 2/3 options.

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2013, 04:52 AM
LOL wut?

In 1988 MJ took the Bulls to the semi Finals and lost to the Pistons, with Sam Vincent averaging 10 ppg as his next best player (MJ averaged 36 ppg in the playoffs)

MJ took the '89 Bulls to the ECF and lost in 6 games to the eventual world champion Pistons. MJ averaged 35 ppg, and pre all star Pippen averaged 13 ppg as the next most productive player for the Bulls.

In 1990 the Bulls as underdogs lost in the ECF, losing in 7 games to the the eventual repeat world champions. Jordan's next best player being a mentally weak pre All Star caliber Scottie Pippen being the 2nd most productive player on the Bulls averaging 19 ppg. MJ? He averaged a measly 37 ppg for the '90 playoffs.

These boards are being consumed with 15 year olds (max) hipster generation, wearing their sister's pants, listening to Justin Bieber and Drake on Dre headphone propping up LeBron, while trying to downplay the GOAT to ever step foot on a basketball court.

The epidemic has reached all the way to Australia, where kangaroo loving clowns like plowking make claims that LeBron is better than Jordan. MJ has no advantages over LeBron, and MJ isn't even a top five passing SG of all-time.

ISH has reached new insane lows during these playoffs. Miami has the most stacked team in the league, the most talented team, and given their relation to the rest of the league (the youngest and healthiest) and the weakest road to the Finals I've ever seen ... and they're still struggling at times, and these pre pubescent LeCawk suckers want to make the claim this guy is better than Jordan already.

Context, kids. Stop the bandwagoning, turn off the ESPN hype machine. It's past your bed time.

KG215
05-24-2013, 04:53 AM
I'm guessing you counted all 64 games of the 1985 season he missed? I mean he joined a bad Bulls team, where his best teammates were Orlando Woolridge, Quintin Dailey, and Steve Johnson, and they improved every season (excluding his second season where he only played 18 games); not to mention the East was pretty loaded in the mid and late 80's. And by 1987 second year Charles Oakley, John Paxson, Gene Banks, and Dave Corzine were his best teammates.

But I'm sure a troll like the OP doesn't care about silly things like logic and context.

KG215
05-24-2013, 05:01 AM
Find me one player in NBA history that would've done anything with those crappy Bulls teams pre-1988? Those rosters were awful.

Especially in the 1980's East. The first few years of his career Bird's Celtics were at the height of their powers; the Moses Malone 76ers were still pretty good and churning out around 55 wins a year; and the Bucks, who people don't realize had a "Big 3" of Moncrief, Cummings, and Pressey (and I think Ricky Pierce eventually joined the team) who were good enough to get them around 60 wins a couple of season. Pretty sure Dominique's Hawks teams were pretty solid; at least around 50-55 win solid. Then the Pistons and, to a lesser extent, the Cavs started to emerge in the late 80's.

Soundwave
05-24-2013, 05:07 AM
LOL wut?

In 1988 MJ took the Bulls to the semi Finals and lost to the Pistons, with Sam Vincent averaging 10 ppg as his next best player (MJ averaged 36 ppg in the playoffs)

MJ took the '89 Bulls to the ECF and lost in 6 games to the eventual world champion Pistons. MJ averaged 35 ppg, and pre all star Pippen averaged 13 ppg as the next most productive player for the Bulls.

In 1990 the Bulls as underdogs lost in the ECF, losing in 7 games to the the eventual repeat world champions. Jordan's next best player being a mentally weak pre All Star caliber Scottie Pippen being the 2nd most productive player on the Bulls averaging 19 ppg. MJ? He averaged a measly 37 ppg for the '90 playoffs.

These boards are being consumed with 15 year olds (max) hipster generation, wearing their sister's pants, listening to Justin Bieber and Drake on Dre headphone propping up LeBron, while trying to downplay the GOAT to ever step foot on a basketball court.

The epidemic has reached all the way to Australia, where kangaroo loving clowns like plowking make claims that LeBron is better than Jordan. MJ has no advantages over LeBron, and MJ isn't even a top five passing SG of all-time.

ISH has reached new insane lows during these playoffs. Miami has the most stacked team in the league, the most talented team, and given their relation to the rest of the league (the youngest and healthiest) and the weakest road to the Finals I've ever seen ... and they're still struggling at times, and these pre pubescent LeCawk suckers want to make the claim this guy is better than Jordan already.

Context, kids. Stop the bandwagoning, turn off the ESPN hype machine. It's past your bed time.

:applause:

Owning these 14-year-old idiots who don't know jack sh*t about basketball history.

Bravo.

LONGTIME
05-24-2013, 05:20 AM
LOL wut?

:applause:

The-Legend-24
05-24-2013, 05:41 AM
1-9 without Pippen. :roll:

miller-time
05-24-2013, 05:41 AM
Stupidest thread ever. First he only had just over 2 seasons without Pippen, and those were as a rookie and basically a sophomore. Second, Pippen didn't make the all-star team until his 3rd season, so I would hardly call the Pippen from 87/88 or 88/89 a Half of Fame teammate at that point.

Trollsmasher
05-24-2013, 05:48 AM
I'm guessing you counted all 64 games of the 1985 season he missed? I mean he joined a bad Bulls team, where his best teammates were Orlando Woolridge, Quintin Dailey, and Steve Johnson, and they improved every season (excluding his second season where he only played 18 games); not to mention the East was pretty loaded in the mid and late 80's. And by 1987 second year Charles Oakley, John Paxson, Gene Banks, and Dave Corzine were his best teammates.

But I'm sure a troll like the OP doesn't care about silly things like logic and context.

Why would I count them? Not only he was injured, but he also had George Gervin on the team.

LAZERUSS
05-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Basketball is a TEAM game. History has proven that one player cannot win without help. And please don't give me Hakeem, who won one title in '94 with no more help than what his opposng star player had, (and with the best player in the game taking the year off), and then again in '95 when his teammates dominated Shaq's in '95. And for much of his career, his team's seldom won even 50 games, and were usually shredded in the first round of the playoffs (eight times in 15 post-seasons...and in most of those, they were routed.)

Of course, this "win" or "ring" argument has been used against Chamberlain ad nauseum. Take a look at what MJ had to go p against in the '86 playoffs. He took a 30-52 team, and with very little help, up against a 67-15 Celtic team that had five HOFers. He played his heart out in the first two games, and his team lost both, en route to a sweeping series loss. Using that example, that is what Wilt endured in the first half of his career. And yet he still nearly beat the dynastic Celtics in two series (and with his already cast of clown teammates playing even worse)...twice (losing game seven's by margins of 2 and 1 point.)

Kareem played on two losing teams (albeit, on one, his team, which had gone 59-23 the year before with Oscar, went 35-31 when KAJ played.) Not only that, but he played with stacked rosters in the last two seasons of the 70's, and his team had record of slightly better than .500, and were blown away by Sonic teams with less talent in the playoffs. And after he retired following the '89 season, the Lakers improved considerably, going from 57-25 to a 63-19 record. Not only that, but Kareem had some huge "choke jobs" as well.

Bird's Celtics lost seven times in the post-season with HCA, including a sweeping loss to a much less talent Buck team one year. And to be honest, he had some miserable post-season series along the way, too.

Even Russell was helpless against Wilt in the '67 ECF's, when Chamberlain's teammates neutralized his usual huge advantage in that regard, and were nearly swept by the Sixers.

Barring injuries, the better TEAM will win 99.9% of the time. It has been proven that one man cannot do it alone.

secund2nun
05-24-2013, 10:08 AM

Yes because Lebron winning the coference title is better than Jordan losing in the first round multiple times dur dur dur. Gotta love MJ fan logic. :roll:

Scholar
05-24-2013, 10:11 AM
LOL wut?

Sent to the newspapers because this is a eulogy to all the little trolls on this site. RIP

Scholar
05-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Btw, MJ played with Kwame Brown a.k.a future HOFer. :facepalm Morons

hawkfan
05-24-2013, 10:26 AM
146-170

He can blame himself as President of the Wizards for this.
He traded away Rip Hamilton, and he drafted Kwame Brown instead of Pau Gasol or trading the draft pick that became Kwame for Elton Brand (who at that time was an All-Star caliber player).

hawkfan
05-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Btw, MJ played with Kwame Brown a.k.a future HOFer. :facepalm Morons

Pau Gasol was in that draft. Oops.

Also Chicago wanted to trade Elton Brand for that pick, and MJ was ok with this, but Doug Collins was against it and MJ went with Doug. Oops.

kNicKz
05-24-2013, 10:27 AM
That picture of jordan :roll:

Ether

Mass Debator
05-24-2013, 10:29 AM
And he's STILL goat. Amazing and dominating influence :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

poido123
05-24-2013, 10:31 AM
LOL wut?

Is this what ether looks like?? :biggums:

Damn, this has to be one of the posts of the year. :applause:

I'm surprised the Heat fans came back for more punishment after embarassing backpeddling in the Mike Miller's brother thread. :lol:

Keep the good work up :cheers:

jzek
05-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Jordan = 6 out of 6 in the Finals
Kobe = 5 out of 7 in the Finals

Jordan = 6 FMVPs out of 6 Finals trip
Kobe = 2 FMVPs out of 7 Finals trip (either got carried by Shaq or lost)

dh144498
05-24-2013, 10:35 AM
can someone ban this clown OP please. :sleeping

Trollsmasher
05-24-2013, 10:36 AM
LOL wut?

Luckily you are very mature. Although it seems you forgot your brain in your mother's womb:confusedshrug:

poido123
05-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Luckily you are very mature. Although it seems you forgot your brain in your mother's womb:confusedshrug:

What does that even mean??? :lol:

F@ck off you little European greaseball. You got fakken ethered, you shouldn't show face round ere after Samurai put the sword to your bullshit :lol:

ripthekik
05-24-2013, 10:44 AM

F@ck off you little European greaseball. You got fakken ethered, you shouldn't show face round ere after Samurai put the sword to your bullshit :lol:
:oldlol:

rest in peace, trollsmasher - april 2013-may 2013

Trollsmasher
05-24-2013, 10:46 AM

Australian sheep focker is saying something to me?:wtf: :roll: I am not having problems with understanding of the written word like you.

Your hero's post is not even in context with the point of the thread. He just rambles about years where Jordan actually played with HOFer (so it really does not make sense to discuss those in this thread) and then goes on some kind of mad rant which seems like something 12 year old kid would say when he sees someone screwing his mom:pimp:

greymatter
05-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Scottie Pippen was not a HOF caliber player until 1992/1993 probably at the earliest. He had to be developed and sheltered under Jordan.

Magic, Bird, Kobe (lol), ain't doing jack all with Orlando Woolridge and Quinten Daily as the 2/3 options.

Lebron's 2nd and 3rd were a chucking Larry Hughes (40%fg) and Ilgauskas when he first went to the finals. Jordan and Kobe wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell of managing that. Bird could have. Magic possibly.

poido123
05-24-2013, 10:49 AM
:oldlol:

rest in peace, trollsmasher - april 2013-may 2013

:lol:

I believe Samurai forgot to use the lube :lol:

At least it was a short and swift death. RIP Trollsmasher :lol:

Trollsmasher
05-24-2013, 10:51 AM
:lol:

I believe Samurai forgot to use the lube :lol:

At least it was a short and swift death. RIP Trollsmasher :lol:
Are you using two accounts to prop your childish posts? You two definitely share common traits:coleman:

LikeABosh
05-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Today I learned basketball is a team sport.:lebronamazed:

Nash
05-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Jordan is the best, close thread.

poido123
05-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Australian sheep focker is saying something to me?:wtf: :roll: I am not having problems with understanding of the written word like you.

Your hero's post is not even in context with the point of the thread. He just rambles about years where Jordan actually played with HOFer (so it really does not make sense to discuss those in this thread) and then goes on some kind of mad rant which seems like something 12 year old kid would say when he sees someone screwing his mom:pimp:

:biggums: He clearly defined it.

I think it's you who's not getting it.

greymatter
05-24-2013, 11:00 AM

Grossly overstated when put into context. That context being that his teams were the favorites against every Finals opponent he faced. Only the 92-93 Phoenix Suns had a decent shot at winning a series against them.

Only reason those Barkley led Suns never won is because his last prime years were hindered by a groin injury and dislocated shoulder in the 94 and 95 playoffs.

Blue&Orange
05-24-2013, 11:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GJaWSpE.jpg

Pippen, traded for Olden Polynice and turned into a HOF by Jordan.

What's the Lebrontard point again?

dh144498
05-24-2013, 11:12 AM
lebron with 2 HOF teammates in their primes = getting outscored by Jason Terry in the NBA finals. I think that's alot worse than what the OP mentioned.

Soundwave
05-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Grossly overstated when put into context. That context being that his teams were the favorites against every Finals opponent he faced. Only the 92-93 Phoenix Suns had a decent shot at winning a series against them.

Only reason those Barkley led Suns never won is because his last prime years were hindered by a groin injury and dislocated shoulder in the 94 and 95 playoffs.

The Bulls were favored in every Finals match up because they had the best player in the league, who happened to also be the best Finals performer perhaps in NBA history on top of that.

Give Jordan the equivalent supporting cast of Magic/Drexler/Barkley/Payton/Malone and he would still beat those five guys.

LAZERUSS
05-24-2013, 11:13 AM
lebron with 2 HOF teammates in their primes = getting outscored by Jason Terry in the NBA finals. I think that's alot worse than what the OP mentioned.

And I'm sure that the Heat would trade Lebron straight-up for Terry today, too.

Soundwave
05-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Lebron's 2nd and 3rd were a chucking Larry Hughes (40%fg) and Ilgauskas when he first went to the finals. Jordan and Kobe wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell of managing that. Bird could have. Magic possibly.

Given how weak the East was when LeBron got to the Finals with the Cavs, sure I think he could've made the Finals with Hughes/Z.

The Bulls pushed the back to back champion Pistons to 6 and 7 games before Pippen was really all that great.

Scholar
05-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Kobe = 5 out of 7 in the Finals

Jordan = 6 FMVPs out of 6 Finals trip
Kobe = 2 FMVPs out of 7 Finals trip (either got carried by Shaq or lost)

LeBron = 0.5 out of 3 in the Finals
LeBron = 0.5 FMVP out of 3 Finals trips (couldn't win without 2 other All-Star/HoFers)

Easy :confusedshrug:

I swear you LeBron dick riders are the most butthurt fans in the entire world. Nothing can be said about LeBron without you guys throwing the 2 GOATs in the discussion and making yourselves look like idiots. No comparison. Please stop while you're far behind.

dh144498
05-24-2013, 11:23 AM
And I'm sure that the Heat would trade Lebron straight-up for Terry today, too.

what does that have anything to do with anything? OP likes to point out things done with/without HOF teammates, I followed the agenda.

fpliii
05-24-2013, 11:25 AM
OT: Where's YMF?

Trollsmasher
05-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Given how weak the East was when LeBron got to the Finals with the Cavs, sure I think he could've made the Finals with Hughes/Z.

The Bulls pushed the back to back champion Pistons to 6 and 7 games before Pippen was really all that great.
Jordan would not make playoffs with pre 08-09 Cleveland. This is not East with 11 teams anymore:facepalm

Soundwave
05-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Jordan would not make playoffs with pre 08-09 Cleveland. This is not East with 11 teams anymore:facepalm

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqnunuTrxn1qkjbavo1_500.jpg

There's a reason it was called The Leastern Conference for several years.

Scholar
05-24-2013, 11:31 AM

Yeah, you're right. This is the East where the Bobcats, Pistons, Magic, Cavaliers, Wizards, 76ers and Bucks all play. This is the era where teams can inflate their win records by facing these garbage teams 3-4 times per season. Yup. Exactly. The era of 11 teams with the majority having Hall-of-Famers on them is over.
Now is the era of teaming up with your competition because you know you can't win without doing so.

Trollsmasher
05-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Yeah, you're right. This is the East where the Bobcats, Pistons, Magic, Cavaliers, Wizards, 76ers and Bucks all play. This is the era where teams can inflate their win records by facing these garbage teams 3-4 times per season. Yup. Exactly. The era of 11 teams with the majority having Hall-of-Famers on them is over.
Now is the era of teaming up with your competition because you know you can't win without doing so.
True, I forgot that MJ was the true king of the "expansion era". No one in history feasted more on bad teams while still crying over the beating he received from the Pistons:lol

greymatter
05-24-2013, 11:43 AM
The Bulls were favored in every Finals match up because they had the best player in the league, who happened to also be the best Finals performer perhaps in NBA history on top of that.

Give Jordan the equivalent supporting cast of Magic/Drexler/Barkley/Payton/Malone and he would still beat those five guys.

Magic's 91 team: Uh, no. Jordan couldn't make Vlade look like a superstar like Magic did when they knocked off Portland. Jordan's game can't elevate his teammates'.

Drexler's 92 team: Possibly. Mike did everything Drexler did except better. Would still take 92 Pip, Grant, Armstrong over Terry Porter, Kersey, Buck Williams any day of the week.

Barkley's 93 team: Not only no but hells no. Jordan's ball dominance renders KJ almost useless. Also played the same position as Dan Majerle and Richard Dumas. Their production would be null as well. Then he'd be stuck trying to win with an overthehill Tom Chambers, Mark West, and Oliver Miller. Completely laughable.

Payton's teams: Possibly. Mike was better than Payton at every aspect of the game.

Malone's teams: Completely laughable. Stockton would have become this year's version of Steve Nash. Hornacek played the same position. Fat chance he'd win with Antoine Carr and Greg Ostertag as his bigs.

In any case. Jordan needed the right team built around him to win. If you assembled comparable talent, but not the right mix, he was never going anywhere.

Soundwave
05-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Magic's 91 team: Uh, no. Jordan couldn't make Vlade look like a superstar like Magic did when they knocked off Portland. Jordan's game can't elevate his teammates'.

Drexler's 92 team: Possibly. Mike did everything Drexler did except better. Would still take 92 Pip, Grant, Armstrong over Terry Porter, Kersey, Buck Williams any day of the week.

Barkley's 93 team: Not only no but hells no. Jordan's ball dominance renders KJ almost useless. Also played the same position as Dan Majerle and Richard Dumas. Their production would be null as well. Then he'd be stuck trying to win with an overthehill Tom Chambers, Mark West, and Oliver Miller. Completely laughable.

Payton's teams: Possibly. Mike was better than Payton at every aspect of the game.

Malone's teams: Completely laughable. Stockton would have become this year's version of Steve Nash. Hornacek played the same position. Fat chance he'd win with Antoine Carr and Greg Ostertag as his bigs.

In any case. Jordan needed the right team built around him to win. If you assembled comparable talent, but not the right mix, he was never going anywhere.

The Bulls weren't necessarily the "ideal" mix. Scoring depth if Scottie decided to poop the bed was always suspect causing Jordan to have to carry more of the individual load than Magic/Bird/Isiah ever had to for prolonged periods of time.

Never got to play with a really talented offensive big either.

Pippen had entire playoff runs where he shot less than 40% for freaking example. Fun fact: In the second threepeat, Scottie Pippen never once shot over 41% for the playoffs, including a 39% shooting clip in the 95-96 playoffs.

greymatter
05-24-2013, 11:57 AM

Uh, 2nd+ year Pip and Grant were easily better than any iteration of Hughes/Z. You seriously going to argue that Jordan could have taken Larry 40%fg/30%3pt career shooter Hughes --a chucker who happened to play the same position as Jordan-- to the Finals?

Just stop.

Blue&Orange
05-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Op was so badly owned in his own thread that he should be banned.

Not even worthy of being a Ish troll.

Soundwave
05-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Uh, 2nd+ year Pip and Grant were easily better than any iteration of Hughes/Z. You seriously going to argue that Jordan could have taken Larry 40%fg/30%3pt career shooter Hughes --a chucker who happened to play the same position as Jordan-- to the Finals?

Just stop.

LOL, your mommy is calling you down for dinner. Take a break from the multiple accounts.

Magic 32
05-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Yes because Lebron winning the coference title is better than Jordan losing in the first round multiple times dur dur dur. Gotta love MJ fan logic. :roll:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/wizthree420.jpg

vs.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/pistons.jpg

dh144498
05-24-2013, 12:06 PM

Just stop.

actually you should be the one that stops posting.

greymatter
05-24-2013, 12:14 PM
The Bulls weren't necessarily the "ideal" mix. Scoring depth if Scottie decided to poop the bed was always suspect causing Jordan to have to carry more of the individual load than Magic/Bird/Isiah ever had to for prolonged periods of time.

Wasn't all that "suspect". Bulls always solid shooters on the floor with Jordan in Paxson, Armstrong, Kerr, Kukoc. Grant, Wennington, and Longley all had solid mid-range jumpshots.

Never got to play with a really talented offensive big either.

Largely irrelevent since his teams' offense was built around him and that it would function better with talented defensive bigs instead. Ironically enough (OK, not really), he was incapable of winning a title without at least an all NBA defensive caliber big (Grant/Rodman).

Pippen had entire playoff runs where he shot less than 40% for freaking example. Fun fact: In the second threepeat, Scottie Pippen never once shot over 41% for the playoffs, including a 39% shooting clip in the 95-96 playoffs.

Must be nice having that luxury when Rodman is giving you 6+ extra offensive possesions per game while stifling the opponent's offense.

greymatter
05-24-2013, 12:15 PM
actually you should be the one that stops posting.

Don't you have a bishop to go polish somewhere? Kobe's sitting somewhere staring lonely at those crutches. I'm sure you could go cheer him up.

greymatter
05-24-2013, 12:18 PM
LOL, your mommy is calling you down for dinner. Take a break from the multiple accounts.

Dinner? Ah, makes sense. Either you're a Eurotard or some dumbass who mistakes me as one.

Is that the best comeback you have to offer?

Soundwave
05-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Must be nice having that luxury when Rodman is giving you 6+ extra offensive possesions per game while stifling the opponent's offense.

Last time I checked this isn't f*cking soccer, you have to score the basketball multiple times to win in this sport.

To win three consecutive titles with your "no.2 option" shooting less than 42 percent in every playoff run and Rodman basically being useless as a scoring threat for many possessions is not a small feat.

hawkfan
05-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Pau Gasol was in that draft. Oops.

Also Chicago wanted to trade Elton Brand for that pick, and MJ was ok with this, but Doug Collins was against it and MJ went with Doug. Oops.

If MJ had drafted Pau Gasol instead of Kwame, he would have had a HOF teammate with him.

greymatter
05-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Last time I checked this isn't f*cking soccer, you have to score the basketball multiple times to win in this sport.

To win three consecutive titles with your "no.2 option" shooting less than 42 percent in every playoff run and Rodman basically being useless as a scoring threat for many possessions is not a small feat.

Hardly a big feat either when you're the top defensive and rebounding team in the league.

And on the matter of a #2 shooting 42%. Suddenly that's a huge fcuking obstacle? Not 2 posts ago some imbecile was arguing that Jordan could have taken Hughes to the Finals.

Soundwave
05-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Hardly a big feat either when you're the top defensive and rebounding team in the league.

And on the matter of a #2 shooting 42%. Suddenly that's a huge fcuking obstacle? Not 2 posts ago some imbecile was arguing that Jordan could have taken Hughes to the Finals.

Oh ok, that 95-96 Bulls season was "no big deal".

Thanks for that Einstein. Any other other sh*t filled nuggets you have to share with the rest of class?

Or should we move on to your other accounts and let the stupidity continue there?

hitmanyr2k
05-24-2013, 12:33 PM

So defense, playmaking and rebounding don't count? I saw Pippen shoot 1-9 in a game against Pacers in the '98 ECF and completely dominate the shit out of that game causing Mark Jackson to morph into a turnover machine. Same goes for the '98 Finals against the Jazz.

I mean there were even articles about who should get Finals MVP for chrissake.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/events/1998/playoffs/news/1998/06/11/jordan_pippen/

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1998-06-11/sports/9806110398_1_scottie-pippen-bulls-karl-malone

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/635114/What-about-Pippen-for-NBA-Finals-MVP.html?pg=1

Soundwave
05-24-2013, 12:35 PM
So defense, playmaking and rebounding don't count? I saw Pippen shoot 1-9 in a game against Pacers in the '98 ECF and completely dominate the shit out of that game causing Mark Jackson to morph into a turnover machine. Same goes for the '98 Finals against the Jazz.

I mean there were even articles about who should get Finals MVP for chrissake.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/events/1998/playoffs/news/1998/06/11/jordan_pippen/

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1998-06-11/sports/9806110398_1_scottie-pippen-bulls-karl-malone

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/635114/What-about-Pippen-for-NBA-Finals-MVP.html?pg=1

If no one is scoring the basketball you ain't winning anything.

Magic/Bird/Isiah never had to bail their teams out as much as Jordan did during his championship runs because there would be many stretches where he was the only one who could reliably score the basketball.

Basketball isn't soccer or hockey where you can score first and then just shut down and play great defense the rest of the way.

Pippen wasn't even on the floor when Jordan basically willed the Bulls to victory in game six of '98.

It's a nice luxury when your star player is so damn good that your no.2 player can shoot 1-9 and pretty much just focus on playing defense and not have to contribute much offensively. There are not very many NBA teams that would be able to win championships with that formula though.

Solefade
05-24-2013, 12:47 PM

Magic/Bird/Isiah never had to bail their teams out as much as Jordan did during his championship runs because there would be many stretches where he was the only one who could reliably score the basketball.

Basketball isn't soccer or hockey where you can score first and then just shut down and play great defense the rest of the way.

Pippen wasn't even on the floor when Jordan basically willed the Bulls to victory in game six of '98.

It's a nice luxury when your star player is so damn good that your no.2 player can shoot 1-9 and pretty much just focus on playing defense and not have to contribute much offensively. There are not very many NBA teams that would be able to win championships with that formula though.

Well then to be consistent, LeBron's "second best player" Larry Hughes couldn't score (shot 35% through the entire playoffs) and played average defense. He was absolutely worthless.

hitmanyr2k
05-24-2013, 12:48 PM

None of the Bulls were shooting well in that game. In the first half Jordan, Kukoc and Pippen COMBINED were 3-24. The only thing that kept them in that game was defense and Pippen spear-headed it. It's nice when your #2 can play insane defense in a bad shooting game and pressures the opponent into mulitple turnovers that get his team dunks and layups. Larry Hughes sure as hell wasn't doing that shit.

Ne 1
05-24-2013, 12:51 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/wizthree420.jpg

vs.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/pistons.jpg

That 41 win Wizards didn't even have Arenas and Butler in the playoffs.

Soundwave
05-24-2013, 12:53 PM
None of the Bulls were shooting well in that game. In the first half Jordan, Kukoc and Pippen COMBINED were 3-24. The only thing that kept them in that game was defense and Pippen spear-headed it. It's nice when your #2 can play insane defense in a bad shooting game and pressures the opponent into mulitple turnovers that get his team dunks and layups. Larry Hughes sure as hell wasn't doing that shit.

Who give a crap about Larry Hughes again?

Jordan had to bail his team out more often than Magic/Bird/Isiah, no one wants to touch this argument because they know they got nothing on it.

Kobe tries to mimic this but has it blow up in his face half the time. It's the reason he's obsessed with "hero ball" because he idolized Jordan growing up, but he's missing a few of the marbles upstairs.

LeBron will just mentally check out if things aren't going his way or defeat looks imminent.

daj0264
05-24-2013, 01:04 PM
weak era for trolls

KG215
05-24-2013, 01:14 PM

You are aware the competition in the East in the mid and late 80's was significantly better than what LeBron had to deal with in Cleveland, right?