PDA

View Full Version : When LeBron gets help like the other greats he is UNBEATABLE

TonyMontana
05-26-2013, 11:21 PM
LeBron is the best player in the world. We all know hes going to be great each and every night.

When the Heat get solid production from someone other than LeBron this team is unbeatable. Udonis Haslem used to be the third best player on a championship team. That shot used to be automatic and it came back tonight. When he plays like that, good luck.

Every other all-time great had stacked teams too when they won. You dont win championships if your not stacked. Its a team sport.

Now that LeBron has a championship esque cast like all the other greats had he will be winning all of the championships. The only way the Heat ever lose games is if every single other player on the Heat has a bad game and they turn into the Miami Cavaliers. Otherwise your not beating the Heat.

gengiskhan
05-26-2013, 11:23 PM
dude please :rolleyes:

Kobe had all this help & he still lost 2 NBA finals.

2004 meltdown.

2008 meltdown.

LBJ who? :D

Young X
05-26-2013, 11:26 PM
He had help in 2011 tho...

Cleverness
05-26-2013, 11:27 PM

:lol

TonyMontana
05-26-2013, 11:27 PM

2004 meltdown.

2008 meltdown.

:D

I wouldn't even call Kobe an all-time great. He was never even the most valuable player on his own team. Can't win a series when Shaq leaves and then as soon as they get Gasol they are in the Finals. You mean to tell me Kobe was the differerence from 2007 to 2008? Nope, Gasol is the reason they were relevant.

When we talk about LeBron we are looking at the Jordans, Birds and Magics to compare to.

Magic 32
05-26-2013, 11:28 PM

rzp
05-26-2013, 11:28 PM

2004 meltdown.

2008 meltdown.

huh, he clearly said "like the other greats" :lol

RRR3
05-26-2013, 11:29 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4551130/kevin-garnett-reaction-o.gif

DMAVS41
05-26-2013, 11:29 PM
LeBron is the best player in the world. We all know hes going to be great each and every night.

When the Heat get solid production from someone other than LeBron this team is unbeatable. Udonis Haslem used to be the third best player on a championship team. That shot used to be automatic and it came back tonight. When he plays like that, good luck.

Every other all-time great had stacked teams too when they won. You dont win championships if your not stacked. Its a team sport.

Now that LeBron has a championship esque cast like all the other greats had he will be winning all of the championships. The only way the Heat ever lose games is if every single other player on the Heat has a bad game and they turn into the Miami Cavaliers. Otherwise your not beating the Heat.

So what happened in 2011?

gengiskhan
05-26-2013, 11:30 PM

I wouldn't even call Kobe an all-time great. He was never even the most valuable player on his own team. Can't win a series when Shaq leaves and then as soon as they get Gasol they are in the Finals. You mean to tell me Kobe was the differerence from 2007 to 2008? Nope, Gasol is the reason they were relevant.

When we talk about LeBron we are looking at the Jordans, Birds and Magics to compare to.

True.

The top 10 GOAT discussion, Kobe should be left out forever!

He just dont belong in there.

But MJ is dead wrong about LBJ. LBJ is pretty dangerous with Left Hand off the post-up too.

LBJ may not have that many moves off Left side but whatever moves he showed today were solid.

I'm sold.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-26-2013, 11:31 PM
Why are arrogant morons allowed to post here? Jeff?!?! :confusedshrug:

coin24
:lol :lol

I think OP is trying to say Lebron only wins when his team is so stacked even he can't choke the game away:oldlol:

kNicKz

2004 meltdown.

2008 meltdown.

2004 was a very bad look. 2008 was far from a meltdown though

Magic 32
05-26-2013, 11:32 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6975112704/hE7D53798/

maybeshewill13
05-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Holy shit OP that title :roll: How the **** does getting help make HIM more unbeatable? It makes the TEAM unbeatable. Wow how ****ing retarded are you? :roll:

gengiskhan
05-26-2013, 11:33 PM
Why are arrogant morons allowed to post here? Jeff?!?! :confusedshrug:

because it makes the ISH message board lively, sassy & a55 kicking!

Its good for the business

Mr. Incredible
05-26-2013, 11:35 PM
The little hipster maybeshewill was nowhere to be found in the game thread after LeBron was torching Paul George and the pacers. Seems fitting.

Magic 32
05-26-2013, 11:37 PM

The 2011 finals will always be remembered as the biggest karma b*tchslap in sports history.

jrong
05-26-2013, 11:40 PM
LeBron wasn't even the Heat's best player tonight.

But, the funny thing is, I guess the difference between Wade and Bosh providing help or not is one shot over or under 50%. Last game, both were 6/14. Tonight, Wade was 8/14, and Bosh was 6/10. Other than that their games were identical to Friday night.

But, Friday they were washed up bums, and tonight they "stepped up."

TonyMontana
05-26-2013, 11:41 PM

Do you not realize how much better the team is now than 2011?

That team had ****ing Joel Anthony/40 year old Zydrunas and 40 year oldMike Bibby as the other starters. Joel Anthony cant even get on the court on this current team unless they are up by 25.

Joel Anthony has one niche. Pick and roll defense and defending tweeners. The dudes hand eye coordination has to be the worst among any pro athlete. And this guy was a ****ing starter getting 25+ minutes.

James Jones was getting 20+ minutes then too and hes another guy that cant even get on the court.

Birdman is the bigman this team has needed for years. He is Miamis most valuable player(other than LeBron and maybe Bosh).

LeBron ****ed up in 2011 by being so unselfish to the point where he wanted Wade to be the leading scorer so he could win Finals MVP(since in 2011 it was still looked at as Wade being the guy and bringing Bron/Bosh to Miami). LeBron corrected this mistake in 2012 by realizing he is going to have to take over if he wants to win championships. If he wins it all this year 2/3 years with a championship level team isn't bad.

DaSeba5
05-26-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure how 2011 is relevant, but ok. Miami is light years ahead of that team in terms of chemistry and depth. It has nothing to do with now.

maybeshewill13
05-26-2013, 11:45 PM
The little hipster maybeshewill was nowhere to be found in the game thread after LeBron was torching Paul George and the pacers. Seems fitting.
I'm at work you knob. Some of us here are adults :sleeping

TonyMontana
05-26-2013, 11:48 PM
LeBron wasn't even the Heat's best player tonight.

But, the funny thing is, I guess the difference between Wade and Bosh providing help or not is one shot over or under 50%. Last game, both were 6/14. Tonight, Wade was 8/14, and Bosh was 6/10. Other than that their games were identical to Friday night.

But, Friday they were washed up bums, and tonight they "stepped up."

LeBron is always the best player on the floor.

Wade had 18 points and 8 assists on 8/14 shooting tonight along with some big boards. How the **** is that the same as 14 points on 6-14 shooting? Wade had his best game of the playoffs tonight.

The other role players stepped up bigtime too. Birdman was dominating the paint when he was in the game and Haslem had 17 points(8/9 from the field). Chalmers hit double digits too.

Not even comparable to Game 2 where LeBron was the only one on the team who had a good game.

jcsrplumply
05-26-2013, 11:56 PM

GrapeApe
05-27-2013, 12:01 AM
I really hate LeBron stans masquerading as Heat fans.

talkingconch
05-27-2013, 12:02 AM

2004 meltdown.

2008 meltdown.

No one has had a stacked team like Lebron. Period. Are you forgetting Wade? Bosh in Toronto? lol they even have Ray Allen off the bench, guy is not even aging yet. Nothing to say to justify any of this. They are stacked. None of Kobe's teams had this. They went through trades. Odom didn't come and drastically change the team the 1st season. Bynum didn't either. Gasol? Yes with his addition it greatly improved the already great Lakers team in 2008.

DMAVS41
05-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Do you not realize how much better the team is now than 2011?

That team had ****ing Joel Anthony/40 year old Zydrunas and 40 year oldMike Bibby as the other starters. Joel Anthony cant even get on the court on this current team unless they are up by 25.

Joel Anthony has one niche. Pick and roll defense and defending tweeners. The dudes hand eye coordination has to be the worst among any pro athlete. And this guy was a ****ing starter getting 25+ minutes.

James Jones was getting 20+ minutes then too and hes another guy that cant even get on the court.

Birdman is the bigman this team has needed for years. He is Miamis most valuable player(other than LeBron and maybe Bosh).

LeBron ****ed up in 2011 by being so unselfish to the point where he wanted Wade to be the leading scorer so he could win Finals MVP(since in 2011 it was still looked at as Wade being the guy and bringing Bron/Bosh to Miami). LeBron corrected this mistake in 2012 by realizing he is going to have to take over if he wants to win championships. If he wins it all this year 2/3 years with a championship level team isn't bad.

So all of that to explain away the biggest choke in NBA history by a superstar. Interesting....

You made the statement that as long as Lebron gets championship level help...he wins. But that isn't true. He got championship level help...great help mind you...in the 2011 finals and throughout the playoffs...and he lost.

Also, what superstar players that get great championship level help...don't win a lot? Seriously....

Wake up.

maybeshewill13
05-27-2013, 12:08 AM
I really hate LeBron stans masquerading as Heat fans.
Which is 90% of "Heat fans" here. There were never close to this many before Lelbron jumped ship to ring chase.

jrong
05-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Wade had 18 points and 8 assists on 8/14 shooting tonight along with some big boards. How the **** is that the same as 14 points on 6-14 shooting? Wade had his best game of the playoffs tonight.

The other role players stepped up bigtime too. Birdman was dominating the paint when he was in the game and Haslem had 17 points(8/9 from the field). Chalmers hit double digits too.

Not even comparable to Game 2 where LeBron was the only one on the team who had a good game.

Against my better judgment, I'm replying. Wade had 5 rebounds and 6 assists last game. He had the same all-around game and the same sturdy defense.

He made two more shots tonight. That was the only difference.

And he's shooting 53% in the series-- good for 17 along with 5 rebs and 6 asts. So, basically, the real criticism is that he should shoot more.

TonyMontana
05-27-2013, 12:12 AM
So all of that to explain away the biggest choke in NBA history by a superstar. Interesting....

You made the statement that as long as Lebron gets championship level help...he wins. But that isn't true. He got championship level help...great help mind you...in the 2011 finals and throughout the playoffs...and he lost.

Also, what superstar players that get great championship level help...don't win a lot? Seriously....

Wake up.

Kobe Bryant has had championship level help every year of his career except for 2005-2007. He still only has 5 rings.

Bird and Magic had championship level help nearly every year of their careers and they have 3 and 5 respectively.

Championships are not guaranteed. You still have to go out and win them. If LeBron has 2 championships out of 3 years with a championship level franchise that is a good ratio.

tpols
05-27-2013, 12:15 AM
Kobe Bryant has had championship level help every year of his career except for 2005-2007. He still only has 5 rings.

Bird and Magic had championship level help nearly every year of their careers and they have 3 and 5 respectively.

Championships are not guaranteed. You still have to go out and win them. If LeBron has 2 championships out of 3 years with a championship level franchise that is a good ratio.
Sooo

2/3= unbeatable??

:facepalm

TonyMontana
05-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Against my better judgment, I'm replying. Wade had 5 rebounds and 6 assists last game. He had the same all-around game and the same sturdy defense.

He made two more shots tonight. That was the only difference.

And he's shooting 53% in the series-- good for 17 along with 5 rebs and 6 asts. So, basically, the real criticism is that he should shoot more.

Nope Dwyane Wade shouldn't shoot at all. What he needs to do is get to the line. 3 free throw attempts per game is his average in the playoffs. Pathetic.

But whats even more pathetic is his jumpshot in the halfcourt game. I would just leave him open if I'm the other team and live with him shooting three pointers/mid range shots. If hes not in the paint hes not posing a threat to me.

NumberSix
05-27-2013, 12:19 AM
Oh, so 1 game later and we're all back to the "Heat are unbeatable" storyline?

TonyMontana
05-27-2013, 12:19 AM
Sooo

2/3= unbeatable??

:facepalm

What superstar players all-time have a better than 66% win rate with a championship level cast?

I look forward to your list.

DMAVS41
05-27-2013, 12:22 AM

Yea. 2 out of 3 is great actually.

But that isn't unbeatable. So stop acting like Lebron isn't capable of losing with great help. We saw it happen in the heart of his prime...while getting great help.

And Lebron not only lost, but the reason he and his team lost was directly because of him. Think about that for a second. He was so bad on both ends that the Heat would have been better off in that series with an average small forward.

Let that sink in for a bit mate...

DMAVS41
05-27-2013, 12:23 AM
What superstar players all-time have a better than 66% win rate with a championship level cast?

I look forward to your list.

Well...MJ certainly does.

But who cares. 66 percent isn't unbeatable. So I don't know what the **** you are talking about.

Oh...the Heat haven't won the title yet by the way. Just thought I would point that out.

TonyMontana
05-27-2013, 12:25 AM
Yea. 2 out of 3 is great actually.

But that isn't unbeatable. So stop acting like Lebron isn't capable of losing with great help. We saw it happen in the heart of his prime...while getting great help.

And Lebron not only lost, but the reason he and his team lost was directly because of him. Think about that for a second. He was so bad on both ends that the Heat would have been better off in that series with an average small forward.

Let that sink in for a bit mate...

Mate? I'm not from some ****ing country like Australia or UK and I'm certainly not interested in being your "mate". May I suggest the backpages of craigslist if thats what your looking for?

And don't worry. The problem has been corrected. LeBron and Coach Spo realize that when you got the number one weapon in basketball, the corner is not a good place to put it. We will not be seeing another 2011 showing. Thats in the past. The future holds more championships. Enjoy

Well...MJ certainly does.

But who cares. 66 percent isn't unbeatable. So I don't know what the **** you are talking about.

Oh...the Heat haven't won the title yet by the way. Just thought I would point that out.

Oh so the only player you can name is the consensus greatest player of all-time? Looks like LBJ is in good company. Thanks.

DMAVS41
05-27-2013, 12:27 AM
Mate? I'm not from some ****ing country like Australia or UK and I'm certainly not interested in being your "mate". May I suggest the backpages of craigslist if thats what your looking for?

And don't worry. The problem has been corrected. LeBron and Coach Spo realize that when you got the number one weapon in basketball, the corner is not a good place to put it. We will not be seeing another 2011 showing. Thats in the past. The future holds more championships. Enjoy

Oh so the only player you can name is the consensus greatest player of all-time? Looks like LBJ is in good company. Thanks.

And that still isn't unbeatable. So shut the **** up.

livinglegend
05-27-2013, 12:30 AM
Yup, it s all about luck. If Lebron had a great supporting cast from the start, he would have many many more championships. That shitty Cavs team wasted many years of his career. If MJ was in that Cavs team his whole career , he wouldnt be in top 5 discussion.

NumberSix
05-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Yup, it s all about luck. If Lebron had a great supporting cast from the start, he would have many many more championships. That shitty Cavs team wasted many years of his career. If MJ was in that Cavs team his whole career , he wouldnt be in top 5 discussion.
City of losers.

buddha
05-27-2013, 12:33 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4551130/kevin-garnett-reaction-o.gif

:roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: perfect gif

Heavincent
05-27-2013, 12:35 AM
It's kind of shocking how many hours RG puts into ISH. God knows how many accounts he has.

Magic 32
05-27-2013, 12:41 AM

How about the luck of playing your peak years on the best team of your era.

Kobe tried that for one year (2008 with the Celtics being just as deep).

Lebron has had 3 years now. :rant

tomtucker
05-27-2013, 03:42 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6975112704/hE7D53798/

damm, white rat working hard , black and mexican rat just freeriding

FlashDwyaneWade3
05-27-2013, 04:00 AM

2004 meltdown.

2008 meltdown.

2004 Lakers had injuries at the end. It was unfortunate. 2008? What help? They're not stacked.

maybeshewill13
05-27-2013, 04:03 AM
RG

April 2013.

Xover
05-27-2013, 04:38 AM
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjEzOTg3NDQ5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzA3NTY2._V1._ SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

could this guy be Lebron's father

KOBE143
05-27-2013, 04:59 AM
Oh, so 1 game later and we're all back to the "Heat are unbeatable" storyline?
So the Heat won and now you're back posting shit again.. What happen if they lose, hide again in your cave? :confusedshrug:

maybeshewill13
05-27-2013, 05:49 AM
So the Heat won and now you're back posting shit again.. What happen if they lose, hide again in your cave? :confusedshrug:
:roll::applause:

NumberSix
05-27-2013, 06:33 AM
Pretty sure I was posting before game 3. Phaggit.

Bandito
05-27-2013, 07:35 AM
True.

The top 10 GOAT discussion, Kobe should be left out forever!

He just dont belong in there.

But MJ is dead wrong about LBJ. LBJ is pretty dangerous with Left Hand off the post-up too.

LBJ may not have that many moves off Left side but whatever moves he showed today were solid.

I'm sold.
How would you know, you don't even watch the games f4ggot.:roll:

Ne 1
05-27-2013, 09:01 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/371/590/e60.jpg

Besides 2011, how did the Cavs manage to stay competitive with the Celtics in the 2010 playoffs in the game LeBron shot 2-20 and had 10 turnovers if the only issue is "he needs more help"?

btw only a child considers making somebody "mad" a victory.

Doranku
05-27-2013, 10:30 AM
More like when LeBron has the most stacked team of all time, he is unbeatable. Which still isn't true because he lost in 2011 to a much worse team because he is a choke artist and scumbag.

People like to mention that Magic, Kareem, Bird, Russell, etc played on even more stacked teams. But Magic/Kareem and Bird had to go through each other. Russell played in a time where every team was stacked.

LeBron, on the other, plays .500 teams for the first 2 rounds, a team with Paul George as its best player in the ECF, and the Spurs led by a 37 year old Tim Duncan.

Of course he isn't going to lose to these much inferior teams while he plays on the most stacked team of all time.

DMAVS41
05-27-2013, 11:31 AM
More like when LeBron has the most stacked team of all time, he is unbeatable. Which still isn't true because he lost in 2011 to a much worse team because he is a choke artist and scumbag.

People like to mention that Magic, Kareem, Bird, Russell, etc played on even more stacked teams. But Magic/Kareem and Bird had to go through each other. Russell played in a time where every team was stacked.

LeBron, on the other, plays .500 teams for the first 2 rounds, a team with Paul George as its best player in the ECF, and the Spurs led by a 37 year old Tim Duncan.

Of course he isn't going to lose to these much inferior teams while he plays on the most stacked team of all time.

I'm assuming you are just calling them the most stacked team ever for shock impact. Because the current Heat are clearly not the most stacked team ever.

But I like to do a little experiment replacing Lebron with other players and giving them similar supporting casts. Take prime Dirk for example. And replace Bosh with a center of similar value. Like Hibbert or Marc Gasol. Dirk, Wade, Hibbert...and then the rest of the role players.

That team would be huge title favorites...and that is with Dirk...a player not as good as Lebron. So I'm so ****ing sick of hearing that the Heat aren't stacked and are only great because of Lebron. It's just not true.

Indian guy
05-27-2013, 11:37 AM
2013 Heat are an all-time great team with a healthy Wade. Too bad he isn't in these playoffs, and with all of Miami's shooters sh!tting the bed at the same time, they have often looked like a 1-man team. Barring a couple of games in these playoffs, they haven't looked "stacked" at all. LeBron still needs to have a good game at the very least for them to win.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-27-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm assuming you are just calling them the most stacked team ever for shock impact. Because the current Heat are clearly not the most stacked team ever.

But I like to do a little experiment replacing Lebron with other players and giving them similar supporting casts. Take prime Dirk for example. And replace Bosh with a center of similar value. Like Hibbert or Marc Gasol. Dirk, Wade, Hibbert...and then the rest of the role players.

That team would be huge title favorites...and that is with Dirk...a player not as good as Lebron. So I'm so ****ing sick of hearing that the Heat aren't stacked and are only great because of Lebron. It's just not true.

If last nights performance didn't show that Lebron has "enough help", I don't know what will.

Save for Lebron, Miami has 2 all-star caliber players, spot up shooters, elite defense, elite playmaking and bigs off the bench to shore up any mismatches defensively (Birdmans defensive rebounding has been HUGE).

Miami is ****ing stacked. End of story.

Kingwillball
05-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Miami is a tough call to call STACKED because too many guys on their team are streaky but when they are Healthy and playing well than yeah they are stacked.
They have alot of weapons but they all need to contribute.

Akhenaten
05-27-2013, 12:29 PM

http://pineconeattack.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/ohsnap.gif

Bandito
05-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Only in ISh does a team with 4 future HOF are considered scrubs carried by Lebron.

NumberSix
05-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Only in ISh does a team with 4 future HOF are considered scrubs carried by Lebron.
Yet your dumb ass would probably legitimately try to argue that Kobe carried the lakers this season.

Bandito
05-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Yet your dumb ass would probably legitimately try to argue that Kobe carried the lakers this season.
Who's talking about Kobe? Is he living rent free in your mind or something?:facepalm

Akhenaten
05-27-2013, 12:47 PM

not true ESPN and TNT on that same BULL

they have an excuse though, promoting BRAWN as some sort of demigod is good for business, why the losers on this forum venerate this guy though defies logic

I love Barkley, if BRAWN plays well but the other guys struggle; "Lebron has to do everything for the Heat to win"

If everybody on the team plays well? "Well, Lebron "set the tone" he is the reason why Wade is able to have 8 asts and hold PG to 3-12"

If Lebron stinks it up and other people play well? "Lebron can be too unselfish sometimes, he's so concerned about getting other guys going it impedes his game"

It basically takes another guy outside of Lebron to have a MONSTER game for anybody outside of Lebron to get credit.

Still even then I could picture Barkley saying something like;

"Well, it's because of Lebron's leadership and unselfishness that allows guys to go off, if it weren't for Lebron instilling confidence in Wade/Bosh there's no way that guy goes for 40 and 10 like he did tonight, plus the other team is so worried about Lebron that opens it up for those other Tito Jacksons"

It's like there's some coordinated, concerted conspiracy to elevate Lebron to DEIFIC status, shit is SICKENING.

Doranku
05-27-2013, 01:19 PM

In terms of just the players on the team, then no, they aren't the most stacked.

They're the most stacked team of all time in the sense that they are head and shoulders more talented than the other 29 teams in the league. If they play to 90% of their capabilities, they will still easily win the title.

What other team in NBA history can you say that about? Every stacked team at least had to go through other comparatively stacked teams... except the Heat.

jlip
05-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Hadn't read the thread, but I've always said that a team is a legitimate championship/ dynasty threat when there are few nights where it's best player doesn't have to be the best player on the court.

DMAVS41
05-27-2013, 04:50 PM
In terms of just the players on the team, then no, they aren't the most stacked.

They're the most stacked team of all time in the sense that they are head and shoulders more talented than the other 29 teams in the league. If they play to 90% of their capabilities, they will still easily win the title.

What other team in NBA history can you say that about? Every stacked team at least had to go through other comparatively stacked teams... except the Heat.

I don't know. I'd say the 09 Lakers were about as good and faced even weaker competition....or at least about the same.

We definitely agree though...the Heat are stacked.

SamuraiSWISH
05-27-2013, 04:55 PM
RG

April 2013.
Dude registered a TON of usernames in that short month when registration was enabled. And it's more than obvious.

Remind me again why it was disabled? I'm not understanding the purpose. We already have a ton of trolls, who cares if more come?

Magic 32
05-27-2013, 04:59 PM
I don't know. I'd say the 09 Lakers were about as good and faced even weaker competition....or at least about the same.

We definitely agree though...the Heat are stacked.

The 09 Lakers?

Maybe, maybe if Bynum was healthy.

3LiftHeatCurse
05-27-2013, 04:59 PM
The Heat are good at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XujcvS6q6_Y

SamuraiSWISH
05-27-2013, 05:01 PM
I don't know. I'd say the 09 Lakers were about as good and faced even weaker competition
I would say the 2009 Nuggets >>> 2013 Pacers, I'd definitely say the 2009 Rockets >>> 2013 Bulls ... and I'd also suggest the 2009 Jazz >>> 2013 Bucks. And no, the 2009 Lakers weren't as talented or stacked as the 2013 Heat. With that said, the 2009 Lakers Finals opponent was atrocious.

DMAVS41
05-27-2013, 05:01 PM
The 09 Lakers?

Maybe, maybe if Bynum was healthy.

Why?

09 Gasol was better than current Wade.

Odom and Bosh seem to be pretty close.

I'd probably take Ariza over Ray Allen.

Definitely take PJ over Spo.

And I definitely think the current Spurs are better than the 09 Magic.

Seem to be pretty similar supporting casts if you ask me...I probably prefer the 09 Lakers the more that I think about it.

TheMarkMadsen
05-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Why?

09 Gasol was better than current Wade.

Odom and Bosh seem to be pretty close.

I'd probably take Ariza over Ray Allen.

Definitely take PJ over Spo.

And I definitely think the current Spurs are better than the 09 Magic.

Seem to be pretty similar supporting casts if you ask me...I probably prefer the 09 Lakers the more that I think about it.

Tell me again what Lamr & Bynum averaged in the playoffs for 09?

Lamar was nothing more than a good role player.

Bynum was a 6 & 4 guy playing 20 minutes per game..

LoneyROY7
05-27-2013, 05:30 PM

/thread.

Wade putting up 24.5 ppg, 7.1 rpg, and 4.4 apg on 48 percent shooting in the '11 playoffs wasn't sufficient help? Bosh's 19 and 8 in those same playoffs wasn't enough either?

TonyMontana
05-27-2013, 05:54 PM

Bigmen are what wins in the NBA. The Lakers won championships because no team could contend with their frontline of Gasol/Odom/Bynum probably the best trio of frontcourt players since the 80s Celtics.

Averages and numbers dont even begin to show the impact. Birdman is Miamis third best player(after LeBron and Bosh) and he is averaging 7.9 PPG and 4.2 RPG.

Magic 32
05-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Birdman is Miamis third best player(after LeBron and Bosh) and he is averaging 7.9 PPG and 4.2 RPG.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

SamuraiSWISH
05-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Bigmen are what wins in the NBA.
Exception being MJ's Bulls, Isiah's Pistons. And the current Miami Heat, considering their two best players are also a perimeter / wing oriented player.

TonyMontana
05-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Exception being MJ's Bulls, Isiah's Pistons. And the current Miami Heat, considering their two best players are also a perimeter / wing oriented player.

Heats three most valuable players
LeBron: 6'8 275
Bosh: 6'11 240
Birdman: 6'10 230

its easy to replace guard play. You can have Wade or Ray Allen or whoever sit and the team can replace them without missing a beat. But when it comes to bigs there are so few people that are 6'8+ in the world that when you have one that also happens to be a great basketball player you hold on to that. Any of those three guys missing the game would be missed big time.

Jacks3
05-27-2013, 06:16 PM
You mean when he gets the best offensive supporting cast in NBA history while playing in a historically weak conference... and playing in the weakest era for bigs ever...and in the weakest era for superstars ever...with no hand-checking...he's unbeatable.

Probably true, but that's not saying much.

DMAVS41
05-28-2013, 01:37 AM

Ok.

I'm assuming you will agree that Gasol in 09 playoffs is just better than Wade without question right now. Gasol put up 18/11/3 and shot 58 percent from the field and played as good or better defense than Wade is currently.

Then lets go to Odom vs Bosh...which is surprisingly closer than you would think.

Odom 12/9/2 59% TS and better defense than Bosh easily
Bosh 14/7/1 58% TS

I mean....I know Bosh spaces the floor and everything, but he just isn't anything special as a third man. He's really good, but thats it. Odom really was just as good as the third man.

Then you have the role players. I personally would take Ariza over Allen and Fisher over Chalmers. Bynum and Birdman actually play very similar roles...LOL.

I'd give the Heat an edge on guys like Cole, Battier, Haslem over Brown, Farmar, Walton, Sasha....

But to act like it's absurd is just laughable. The 09 Lakers had the clear cut better 2nd option and the clear cut better coach.

The first 2 rounds don't matter to me much, but I completely disagree with you. I think the Pacers are better than the Nuggets and the Spurs are definitely better than the Magic.