PDA

View Full Version : Arrested Development Season 4 Thread

Joshumitsu
05-27-2013, 01:01 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/941699_639699502710294_31811154_n.jpg

Just finished it. Very enjoyable. Still has the same humor and charm. Does feel a little different (due to the time gap and lower budget) but was still a good watch.

Anyone else watch it yet? What are your thoughts?

HarryCallahan
05-27-2013, 01:06 AM
Does it conclude the series, or will there be season 5?

therammingman
05-27-2013, 01:26 AM
I JUST posted this in another forum....

"i just watched ep 1 of season 4.

seriously? wtf was that garbage???? this is what i waited for????? its not even close to being the same show.

characters look different, lucilles bc of plastic surgery, gob maybe too, but mostly, the writing and the timing.....and the purpose. wtf???? im going to have to pretend like season 4 never happened."

HarryCallahan
05-27-2013, 01:56 AM
I JUST posted this in another forum....

"i just watched ep 1 of season 4.

seriously? wtf was that garbage???? this is what i waited for????? its not even close to being the same show.

characters look different, lucilles bc of plastic surgery, gob maybe too, but mostly, the writing and the timing.....and the purpose. wtf???? im going to have to pretend like season 4 never happened."

GOB looks different, but Maebe an George-Michael don't???? :biggums:

Anyway you're a terrible poster who hasn't ever said anything worth reading so I shall ignore your opinion.

Rose
05-27-2013, 02:35 AM
Liked the first episode, hated the second, thought 3-4 were okay. 5 (especially the back half) was alright.

And then 6 or 7 is when it starts to pick up and resemble the old show. I think they needed time to develop subplots in the show to actually make it more like the original run since they didn't have much they could fall back on in terms of where to pick up at. So given that I'm fine with the first 5 being a rocky experience.

I'm only episode 9 now though. I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

Rose
05-27-2013, 02:38 AM
And for whomever asked season 5 is a maybe depending on who from Netflix is speaking.:lol

But Hurwitz and some of the actors have already said that the relationship isn't done and that it's supposed to lead to more episodes and/or a movie.

daj0264
05-27-2013, 02:49 AM
started of really badly but it redeemed itself towards the middle.

There will either be a season 5 and a movie or just a movie because they cant just end it on that.

Joshumitsu
05-27-2013, 05:57 AM
Yeah, it really does start off slow. However, you can say the same thing about the first season as well. The first few episodes weren't very funny because the characters hadn't been introduced/jokes haven't been set up yet. So, Season 4 is trying to reintroduce all the characters/jokes again.

In all honesty, it's sort of like the 3rd season where there are up and down episodes....but lots of memorable moments along the way.

Qwyjibo
05-28-2013, 06:37 PM
I didn't even recognize Portia de Rossi. The voice was the same but her face looks so different that I actually had to check IMDB to confirm that it was still her. How much plastic surgery did she get?!?

HarryCallahan
05-28-2013, 09:45 PM
I didn't even recognize Portia de Rossi. The voice was the same but her face looks so different that I actually had to check IMDB to confirm that it was still her. How much plastic surgery did she get?!?

Looks like she got a lip transplant.

Rose
05-29-2013, 03:54 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/netflix-hastings-willing-buy-more-arrested-development-seasons-170954686.html

Woo if the actors agree, more seasons.:banana:

Tambor said a few days ago (and Arnett as well in a few interviews) that the cast was fine with coming back for more. So I think it's a question of when, now and not if.

ballup
05-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Season 4 doesn't conclude the show. The show doesn't return to it's old form until the Lindsay episode, which I believe is #8. She looks completely different until she cuts her hair, but you have to remember that the season takes place a year to five years after the third season.

ZeN
05-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Im on episode 5, so far I like it even if it feel like the story explanations are a bit heavy handed. I like everything about it and while its not great, its a good A.D. fix. I think the fact that different episodes deal with different characters is the issue.. It feels like fragmented story pieces, rather than a fluid narration. As soon as your beginning to feel a part of the story they cut away to something completely different. Episode 5 was an improvement tho and I hope the rest are in the same tone as that one.

bagelred
05-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Soooooooooo I've never seen Arrested Development before (wacky, right?). So that's been my most recent binge watching project. I've seen first 5 episodes of Season 1.....

Anywhoooooo, good show, funny, good characters, yada yada....but here's a little tidbit. In the first 5 episodes, there have been not 1...not 2....but THREE TIMES I've seen production screwups.

TWICE I've seen the overhead boom microphone in the middle of a scene....I was like "did i just see the mic?" and replayed it and sure enough, both times. The third screw up..even worse....is I saw one of the CAMERAS! It was a scene where Odenkirk plays the Psychiatrist and as they are moving about, you clearly see on the side one of the cameramen who's shooting Odenkirk. Maybe it's because it's on HD and originally on standard definition? I dunno.......

Weird, wild stuff. But the show is pretty gosh darn good. I LOL'd a good many times already....

bagelred
05-30-2013, 08:47 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/e8v7sx.png

nightprowler10
05-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Haha, there are plenty of scenes throughout the series that show the boom mic. My guess is it's intentional, like the water mark in season 4's "stolen" scenes. :oldlol:

Anyway, I watched all the episodes in the last two days. Great stuff, though nowhere close to the original series. I think I agree with Zen that focusing on characters was a bad idea. I find Lindsay's character dull so I didn't enjoy her episodes at all, but just loved George Sr., GOB and Buster's episodes.

Did anybody notice that when Lindsay and Tobias are arguing at the beginning and totally forgetting about Maeby, that is Maeby coughing in the background at that exact moment as we discover much later? Some great clever moments throughout the season which made it very enjoyable.

Myth
05-31-2013, 03:59 AM
I loved Tobias, GOB, Buster, and George Michael episodes. Season started slow but I ended up loving it. Very interesting way to end the season, which leads well into a movie IMO.

ballup
05-31-2013, 08:25 AM
I think my favorite one would have to be Maebe's.

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2015, 11:42 AM
I'm watching the show, done with 2 seasons now, there's no other thread so I'll just say this here... it's one of my favorite comedies/shows ever, there's so much good going on, so I will just point out some of the bad....

some of the stuff happening is just stupid man, Maebe is working as a damn director at a movie or something?!?! :lol cmon.....

She's a film executive... thats too far out of the realms of possibilities.

There was some other very questionable stuff, I didn't note these down, this is just the latest.

And is this the only show where they say "and in the next episode..." and that stuff never actually happens in the next episode?!?! Or at all?!

S2

Was the lawyer ever actually in prison? Thats what they said would happen
Buster seing his uncle and Lucille make out in the chair, never happened.. neither that one guy that always surprised Lucille with different outfits.
Just the little stuff never really happens, like Maebe getting Lindsay a Shemale t-shirt.
Blue Man Group calling and Buster not hearing it, Buster was supposed to come to the front after massaging the officer (again got lost at some bus stop?!), Lucille also having space issues in her appartment, where the hell was George Senior showing up to bet on Lucille at the auction, then getting attacked by a wolf? Tobias listening to himself to check how he talks, this is E10 outro, they said Lindsay was supposed to be president..... never heard about.
Then they said Gob still has a hook in his ass :oldlol: nothing on it... the camp fire story with Buster's hook, Lindsay meeting that other guy who was supposed to act Buster (what happened to that whole acting thing?), then Gob messing up and ruining the case by admitting he ****ed his ex wife just before, STEVE HOLT FINDS OUT HIS FATHER IS GOB............Gob's middle and index finger switched, the terrorist training film (George-Michael), Buster's hook replacement.

ApexPredator
05-14-2015, 12:48 PM
They're making a season 5 now, right?

nightprowler10
05-14-2015, 04:36 PM
And is this the only show where they say "and in the next episode..." and that stuff never actually happens in the next episode?!?! Or at all?!
It's a gag. Good god man...

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2015, 04:37 PM
It's a gag. Good god man...

um, not really.. their storylines don't stick out, its just what we see in the outro isn't picked up on. How can you not understand that? lol damn

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2015, 07:07 PM
This British Rita chick is ****in weird.. let see whats the deal with her.

dannywpt
05-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Uh, isn't the whole Rita/britsh story around the time when George Sr. has a surrogate who represents him while he lays in bed eating popcorn? That was hilarious

Knicks101
05-14-2015, 08:01 PM
um, not really.. their storylines don't stick out, its just what we see in the outro isn't picked up on. How can you not understand that? lol damn

http://i.imgur.com/CnNrn5f.png