PDA

View Full Version : Is a Spurs/Heat Finals a Kobe-stan worst nightmare?

Remix
05-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Spurs win and Timmy gets his 5th, with about a 50% chance of a FMVP depending on how well he plays compared to Parker. It will be hard to continue making the Kobe > Duncan argument on All-Time lists.

Heat win and Lebron is obviously gonna win the FMVP too, pushing him closer to top 10, maybe entering the top 10 (gtfo trolls who think he'll jump all the way into the top 6-8.)

My guess is that they will root for the Spurs but continue the Kobe > Duncan argument.

RRR3
05-27-2013, 10:55 PM
I thought you were a Kobe fan...

Droid101
05-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Tony Parker has been playing way better than Tim Duncan the whole playoffs.

Fox
05-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Agree, it's a lose-lose situation for Kobe stans.

In other words, it's hilarious :roll:

tmacattack33
05-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Duncan is ahead of Kobe regardless. So kobe fans are probably rooting for San Antonio over Miami.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Spurs win and Timmy gets his 5th, with about a 50% chance of a FMVP depending on how well he plays compared to Parker. It will be hard to continue making the Kobe > Duncan argument on All-Time lists.

Heat win and Lebron is obviously gonna win the FMVP too, pushing him closer to top 10, maybe entering the top 10 (gtfo trolls who think he'll jump all the way into the top 6-8.)

My guess is that they will root for the Spurs but continue the Kobe > Duncan argument.

its kind of funny and i think its a fad to compare any dick & Harry to Kobe these days....

been there...done that...Iverson...TMac....V Carter...to blah blah to blah blah

Remix
05-27-2013, 11:02 PM
I thought you were a Kobe fan...
I like Kobe, but it's mainly because my first memories were the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. I was a bigger Shaq fan, but I didn't follow it as closely until around 07/08 when Shaq was just a shell of himself. Sometimes I'll defend Kobe when people claim he was legit "carried" by Shaq, claiming that any all-star guard could have done what Kobe did in 01 and 02 which isn't true. However, I don't believe Kobe is top 5 or even better than Shaq in terms of career.

RRR3
05-27-2013, 11:03 PM
its kind of funny and i think its a fad to compare any dick & Harry to Kobe these days....

been there...done that...Iverson...TMac....V Carter...to blah blah to blah blah
How dare you mention GAWD-Mac in the same breath as those chuckers :facepalm

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-27-2013, 11:03 PM
I really couldn't give less of a f*ck about arbitrary rankings by some people on Insidepoops. I don't care who wins between MIA and SA and I'm the biggest Kobe stan on Insidepoops.

imnew09
05-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Lol? This is the type of threads that make Kobe fans look bad.

I would love to see Timmy to win his 5th ring before he retires because he is such a player in this decade :bowdown:

Kiddlovesnets
05-27-2013, 11:05 PM
I am not sure for this. Duncan is ranked higher than Kobe on all time list with or without this fifth ring, its not even a question. Sure a 5th ring will shut even the hardest Kobestan down, but its not really that necessary. For Lebron its a different story, I can see Kobestan rooting for Spurs for this reason.
:lol

Remix
I really couldn't give less of a f*ck about arbitrary rankings by some people on Insidepoops. I don't care who wins between MIA and SA and I'm the biggest Kobe stan on Insidepoops.
:oldlol:

if that's true you probably have a personal kobe shrine with a big bottle of lotion and tissues nearby.

Kingwillball
Lol? This is the type of threads that make Kobe fans look bad.

I would love to see Timmy to win his 5th ring before he retires because he is such a player in this decade :bowdown:

Yeah cause that is lesser of two evils not letting Lebron get another one.

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-27-2013, 11:11 PM
:oldlol:

if that's true you probably have a personal kobe shrine with a big bottle of lotion and tissues nearby.

Lotta dudes you see on here aren't real Kobe fans. They're just playing up a character for jokes on a forum. They aren't Kobe stans, they're just f@ggots. There's a big difference.

imnew09
05-27-2013, 11:13 PM

I would love to see Lebron to seek revenge against the Spurs after what happened in the Final. It will be a good series that I'm really longing for :cheers:

Twiens
05-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Kobe fans love Timmy D

Legends66NBA7
05-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Kobe fans love Timmy D

I feel the same way on how Bryant fans talk about him for the most part. There's like only 1 Bryant fan who completely trashes Duncan.

RRR3
05-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Lotta dudes you see on here aren't real Kobe fans. They're just playing up a character for jokes on a forum. They aren't Kobe stans, they're just f@ggots. There's a big difference.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :applause:

Twiens
05-27-2013, 11:21 PM
I feel the same way on how Bryant fans talk about him for the most part. There's like only 1 Bryant fan who completely trashes Duncan.

Meh the Lakers/Spurs rivalry has always been great, nothing but respect there. Only Spur I ever hated was that bitch Bruce Bowen.

Sharmer
05-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Forget TD > Kobe, Parker >Kobe

Legends66NBA7
05-27-2013, 11:25 PM
Meh the Lakers/Spurs rivalry has always been great, nothing but respect there. Only Spur I ever hated was that bitch Bruce Bowen.

Yeah, it was my favourite matchup in the 00s; Lakers vs Spurs.

I liked Bowen, actually. But yeah, he was a bitch when under players legs.

Droid101
05-27-2013, 11:27 PM
I am not sure for this. Duncan is ranked higher than Kobe on all time list with or without this fifth ring,
Not to real basketball fans. Only to the Kobe Haters and LeBron/Wade stans.

coin24
05-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Nah only Kobe haters give a shit about that. Always trying to diminish his greatness. Get a life dipshits..

I think it will be a great finals series, go spurs!:cheers:

Yao Ming's Foot
05-27-2013, 11:32 PM
If Spurs win ... Parker likely takes home the MVP and is a lock HOFer. The mantra of winning a tiltle as a #2 option or non Finals MVP not counting becomes even more ridiculous. Its one thing to knock a player for not being better than prime Shaq but quite another to not be better than Tony Parker. :confusedshrug:

Kiddlovesnets
05-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Not to real basketball fans. Only to the Kobe Haters and LeBron/Wade stans.

:roll:

TheBigVeto
05-27-2013, 11:36 PM
Good point. I guess I have to root against the Pacers, even though it would also be funny if the Pacers beat the Heat (it will guarantee to piss David Stern off).

Sharmer
05-27-2013, 11:40 PM
sweep

Doranku
05-27-2013, 11:41 PM
I would love to see Tiimmy and company dust the floor with all of those scumbags in Miami.

Never seen a team that is literally completely filled with unlikable players.

LeBrick "Given not Earned" James, D-Whistle, Bosh's f@ggot ass, Judas Shuttlesworth, Roidshard Lewis, Drug addict Andersen, and worst of all Shane Battier. :facepalm

Doesn't get ANY worse than that.

jstern
I think they would prefer the Spurs to win since Tim Duncan ranking will be hurt by the average fan, new fans thinking he's boring and unexcited. So they would much rather see Lebron not win another one.

For example, in almost everyone's top ten Tim Duncan is always ahead of Kobe, but yet a couple of months ago somebody made a thread that asked if Duncan wins another championship this year, will he be ahead of Kobe in the All Time list. It was a dumb question and many people didn't even flinch accepting it as a fact.

Magic 32
Kobe fans love Timmy D

:rockon:

Class act. Everything Lebron/Wade is not.

Jacks3
05-27-2013, 11:45 PM
I don't really understand threads like these. Nothing that happens in the Finals will change Kobe's legacy as one of the greatest players and winners of of All-Time. A legend. The best SG in history not named Jordan.

Deal with it. :pimp:

Heavincent
05-27-2013, 11:48 PM
I don't really understand threads like these. Nothing that happens in the Finals will change Kobe's legacy as one of the greatest players and winners of of All-Time. A legend. The best SG in history not named Jordan.

That was my first thought when I saw this thread.

How does a series that Kobe isn't participating in affect him at all? ISH logic :facepalm

jstern
05-27-2013, 11:50 PM

It doesn't change anything, but it does have a big effect on the very insecure fanboys who worship Kobe. Their reaction is very loud in ISH and the internet.

InfiniteBaskets
05-27-2013, 11:55 PM
I would love to see Tiimmy and company dust the floor with all of those scumbags in Miami.

LeBrick "Given not Earned" James, D-Whistle, Bosh's f@ggot ass, Judas Shuttlesworth, Roidshard Lewis, Drug addict Andersen, and worst of all Shane Battier. :facepalm

:wtf: You serious?

This dude gets more minutes inside your head than on the actual court.

Jacks3
05-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Who cares what the "fanboys" think?

Every star is going to have their share of delusional stans.

Why do you guys let it bother you?

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-27-2013, 11:56 PM
It doesn't change anything, but it does have a big effect on the very insecure fanboys who worship Kobe. Their reaction is very loud in ISH and the internet.

I worship Kobe and there is nothing to feel insecure about as it pertains to this NBA season.

Doranku
05-27-2013, 11:56 PM
:wtf: You serious?

This dude gets more minutes inside your head than on the actual court.
Is he on the team?

WilliamsCollege
05-27-2013, 11:58 PM
Duncan is already higher on the GOAT rankings than Kobe.

LeBron isn't ... YET. So Kobe stans will be rooting for Duncan.

Heavincent
05-28-2013, 12:01 AM
LeBrick "Given not Earned" James, D-Whistle, Bosh's f@ggot ass, Judas Shuttlesworth, Roidshard Lewis, Drug addict Andersen, and worst of all

God damn ****ing Shane Battier. If I was Vogel, I'd definitely put in one of my goons to take him out. Might be the dirtiest player in the NBA.

d.bball.guy
05-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Possible Spurs vs Heat Finals...let's talk about Kobe stans :facepalm

But yeah, it is :lol

leMVP
05-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Duncan getting his 5th ring is the lesser concern.

Lebron getting his 2nd ring/Fmvps will put them on suicide watch.

TheBigVeto
05-28-2013, 12:03 AM

Oh this guy :mad:

Heavincent
05-28-2013, 12:03 AM

Why? :confusedshrug:

Magic 32
05-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Duncan getting his 5th ring is the lesser concern.

1+1 = 5?

leMVP
05-28-2013, 12:07 AM
Why? :confusedshrug:

Lebron will equal Kobe's legacy, 2 rings and 2 Fmvps.

with already 4 mvps and domination of the current era no one sane enough to say kobe> lebron except kobe stans.

Deuce Bigalow
05-28-2013, 12:08 AM
This whole season has been a nightmare other than watching Kobe individually tbh.

Heavincent
05-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Lebron will equal Kobe's legacy, 2 rings and 2 Fmvps.

Maybe on your meaningless and arbitrary list.

The-Legend-24
05-28-2013, 12:11 AM
Kobe isn't even playing, and this nigguhs are still talking about him.

:roll: :roll:

leMVP
05-28-2013, 12:13 AM
Maybe on your meaningless and arbitrary list.

getting carried to 3 rings don't count, you have to be "the man" and bring your team the championship. that's what GOATs always do.

Yao Ming's Foot
05-28-2013, 12:13 AM
Kobe hater math

2>5>5

:facepalm

Yao Ming's Foot
05-28-2013, 12:14 AM
getting carried to 3 rings don't count, you have to be "the man" and bring your team the championship. that's what GOATs always do.

2 rings with Gasol > 2 rings with Wade AND Bosh :confusedshrug:

Heavincent
05-28-2013, 12:14 AM

You're a simpleton.

coin24
05-28-2013, 12:18 AM

Lepiggybacker.. Only wins with a stacked as fu*k team...
He teamed up to be carried, too shook to be the man:roll: :roll:

TonyMontana
05-28-2013, 12:21 AM
if Tim Duncan beats the Heat he is a lock for top 5 all-time.

if the Heat win LeBron continues to add to his resume to challenge for GOAT. If he loses he'll never be GOAT.

Both have already passed Kobe so no need to worry about that.

gengiskhan
05-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Heat win and Lebron is obviously gonna win the FMVP too, pushing him closer to top 10,

are you faaaaking kidding me.

If LBJ wins 2nd FMVP!

Thats 2 straight MVPs in a row.

not been done since 1991-1992 Michael FREAKING jordan!

LBJ will lock Top 10 GOATs if he wins 2nd FMVP.

4 x MVPs + 2 x FMVPs

LBJ will be way ahead of duncan & Kobe.

Magic 32
05-28-2013, 12:37 AM
If LBJ wins 2nd FMVP!

Thats 2 straight MVPs in a row.

not been done since 1991-1992 Michael FREAKING jordan!

http://dberri.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/kobe-shrug.jpg

Twiens
05-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Cavs fans :oldlol:

poido123
05-28-2013, 12:40 AM
if Tim Duncan beats the Heat he is a lock for top 5 all-time.

if the Heat win LeBron continues to add to his resume to challenge for GOAT. If he loses he'll never be GOAT.

Both have already passed Kobe so no need to worry about that.

He can never be greater than Jordan, what he already has done in his career has killed any chance of that.

InfiniteBaskets
05-28-2013, 12:43 AM
Is he on the team?

Why not hate Bob Mcadoo as well then?

TonyMontana
05-28-2013, 12:45 AM
He can never be greater than Jordan, what he already has done in his career has killed any chance of that.

He's already better than Jordan. He just needs the championships.

Magic 32
05-28-2013, 12:47 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m61m575Pgg1r54225.jpg

coin24
05-28-2013, 01:51 AM

:lol you try too hard:facepalm

tazb
05-28-2013, 01:54 AM
:lol The season/playoffs just gets worse and worse for Kobe-tards.

tazb
05-28-2013, 01:55 AM
1+1 = 5?

2 Finals MVP + 4 MVPs > 2 Finals MVP + 1 MVP. Other stats will come later on down the road barring any major injury to LeBron.

Bosnian Sajo
05-28-2013, 02:15 AM
Kobe fans love Timmy D

This, I'm pretty sure all Laker fans in the world are rooting for the Spurs to beat Lebron :lol

Artillery
05-28-2013, 02:35 AM
Tony Parker has been playing way better than Tim Duncan the whole playoffs.

Kobe sidekicked his way to three rings. It's about time Duncan sidekicked his way to a championship after carrying the Spurs for so long.

NumberSix
05-28-2013, 06:57 AM
LeBron is already a better player than Jordan. He just needs the arbitrary achievement count to shut up all the idiots who can't judge gameplay.

K Xerxes
05-28-2013, 07:22 AM
I don't really judge players by how many accolades they can collect, so this doesn't mean much to me. What Duncan and Kobe have both shown me this season boosts their longevity. As for their place on my GOAT list, they're pretty much neck and neck, but I give Duncan the edge overall because he was a more dominant player overall in his prime. Unless Duncan really dominates in the finals, it's not going to affect my ranking.

In the eyes of most fans, they would actually have Kobe ahead of Duncan (I'm guessing popularity and market), but I'm not sure how you'd be able to debate 5 rings, 3 FMVP, 2 MVPs vs 5 rings, 2 FMVP, 1 MVP. And that's assuming Duncan doesn't win FMVP.

The default mindset of the Kobe fanboy would be not to let LeBron win, but this is a lose-lose situation indeed.

sportjames23
05-28-2013, 07:27 AM

Other than that, how do you feel about the Heat? :oldlol:

sportjames23
05-28-2013, 07:37 AM

One of the dumbest things I've read here, and that's saying a lot. :facepalm

Bron will never be in the same class as MJ, much less better than him.

sportjames23
05-28-2013, 07:38 AM
LeBron is already a better player than Jordan. He just needs the arbitrary achievement count to shut up all the idiots who can't judge gameplay.

Another dumbass post by another dumbass. :facepalm

Quickening
05-28-2013, 07:42 AM
If I was a Kobe stan and didnt let my hatred of Lebron cloud my judgement, I would want him to win if they met up...

This is purely because within the next 2 years, there will literally be no argument of having Kobe ahead of Lebron whatsoever... Lebrons going to add at least 1 more mvp, fmvp and championship by time his careers over.

Whereas Kobe and Duncan are neck and neck, and if Duncan wins this year, he will be ahead.

If Duncan wins this year, Kobe wont have an argument for top ten by the end of nexy season.

Solefade
05-28-2013, 12:51 PM

We're all going to laugh at you when if the Heat win.

grantz
05-28-2013, 01:09 PM

Considering the Spurs are a model franchise, with players not above the coach, play hard all of the time, and has one of the most humble winningest champion this decade...

Yeah, I'd rather have Duncan and Parker win over LeBron anyday.

talkingconch
05-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Lebron wins=still not ahead of Kobe

Duncan=probably ahead/behind by 1, depending on your rankings. Does not change because Parker-led right now. Unless TD goes off in the finals.

Therefore thread is irrelevant.

Solefade
05-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Kobe fans will not realize that Duncan getting 5 rings would surpass Kobe on GOAT list and will root against LeBron.

gengiskhan
05-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Kobe fans will not realize that Duncan getting 5 rings would surpass Kobe on GOAT list and will root against LeBron.

I think Duncan is already ahead of Kobe.

1 MVP sweep vs ZERO MVP sweeps.
2 MVPs vs 1 MVP
3 FMVPs vs 2 FMVPs
1 ROTY vs NONE

Duncan has enough individual & team accolades to be ahead of Kobe at this point in his career.

5th ring will only increase the distance btw Duncan & Kobe.

all said & done neither are gonna hold 10th GOAT spot because of LBJ.

SCdac
06-05-2013, 08:21 PM
this thread is basically what 3-4 other threads on the front page are talking about.... and yes, kobe stans should be worried... Duncan is already above Kobe, but Lebron is on the verge of surpassing him (not that that's an insult, TD and James are two of the greatest ever)

TheMarkMadsen
06-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Every Kobe thread on the first was started by a Kobe hater :facepalm

Yet apparently "Kobe fans" are the ones banned

Heavincent
06-05-2013, 08:35 PM
I still don't see how this series has any effect on Kobe.

Soundwave
06-05-2013, 08:42 PM
I agree no matter who wins Kobestans lose.

If its Duncan, then the whole Duncan vs. Kobe thing in the top 10 has to be revisited with Duncan now getting more sway there.

If LeBron leads his team to a second title, then on many top 10 lists he overtakes Kobe.

Fox
06-01-2014, 07:54 AM
:lol