PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smokes crack with Somali dealers

MavsSuperFan
05-28-2013, 01:33 AM
http://www.kiss925.com/files/8398035.jpg

This is one conservative that knows how to reach out to minority communities.

On a serious note why would any rich person not simply by cocaine?

MMM
05-28-2013, 01:36 AM
this guy has been a disgrace to Toronto long before this alleged incident. I like to think I lean to the right but I remember telling a lot of my FB friends at the time of his election that they shouldn't waste their time voting for Ford but they were caught up in his Gravy train retheroic

MavsSuperFan
05-28-2013, 01:41 AM
this guy has been a disgrace to Toronto long before this alleged incident. I like to think I lean to the right but I remember telling a lot of my FB friends at the time of his election that they shouldn't waste their time voting for Ford but they were caught up in his Gravy train retheroic

He is just trying to help the kids man. The more crack he smokes the less that can fall in the hands of the children.

n00bie
05-28-2013, 10:42 AM

There hasn't been any proof of this "video". Gawker raised $200,000 to buy the video from the "drug dealers", but after raising the amount needed, they suddenly can't find the contact? I call BS

The Toronto media has been trying to ruin Ford for years now. I agree this mayor isn't the smartest guy, but he turned a $774 million deficit to a $90 million surplus for the city.

Only reason why a lot of people hate him is because he pissed off a lot of rich & corrupt people to turn that deficit into a surplus.

People in the city respect him for that, which is why these fake stories aren't gaining any momentum.

red1
05-28-2013, 10:19 PM
I support rob ford. Everyone I know who has ever interacted with him in person has come alway impressed with his character and none of these media allegations have done anything to change that perception. Anyone who calls his office can get ahold of him for a quick word though I am sure this is no longer the case. The guy is honest and relatable - two qualities lacking in most politicians

KevinNYC
05-28-2013, 10:39 PM
There hasn't been any proof of this "video". Gawker raised $200,000 to buy the video from the "drug dealers", but after raising the amount needed, they suddenly can't find the contact? I call BS

The Toronto media has been trying to ruin Ford for years now. I agree this mayor isn't the smartest guy, but he turned a $774 million deficit to a $90 million surplus for the city.

Only reason why a lot of people hate him is because he pissed off a lot of rich & corrupt people to turn that deficit into a surplus.

People in the city respect him for that, which is why these fake stories aren't gaining any momentum.

Well there is proof his chief of staff went to the cops on him and all his press folks just left.

The press in Toronto just published a story, they had been working on for a while that the mayor and his politician brother were the big local hashish dealers when they were teenagers.

Just2McFly
05-29-2013, 12:26 AM

You're seriously giving him credit for the turnaround ?

n00bie
05-29-2013, 07:43 AM
You're seriously giving him credit for the turnaround ?

Turnaround happens during his 1st year as Mayor, so yes.

Who do you think is responsible for the turnaround?

n00bie
05-29-2013, 07:47 AM
Well there is proof his chief of staff went to the cops on him and all his press folks just left.

The press in Toronto just published a story, they had been working on for a while that the mayor and his politician brother were the big local hashish dealers when they were teenagers.

Honestly, 90% of teenagers have smoked pot or dealt with pot. I still don't believe the video exist, but I guess we'll see in the next couple of weeks.

If you dig hard enough, you're bound to find something in anyone's past. The Star has been bashing on Ford since day 1. There's a new story of the mayor on the front page daily. :facepalm

KevinNYC
05-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Honestly, 90% of teenagers have smoked pot or dealt with pot. I still don't believe the video exist, but I guess we'll see in the next couple of weeks.

90% is a figure you pulled out of your ass.

"Dealt with pot" is just weasel words when you mean "dealt pot."

He didn't just deal hash. He was the biggest supplier in his area.

SCREWstonRockets
05-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Why would he take a picture?

KevinNYC
05-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Why would he take a picture?

He was high?

Why would he hang out with Somali drug dealers and smoke crack?

n00bie
05-29-2013, 01:38 PM
90% is a figure you pulled out of your ass.

"Dealt with pot" is just weasel words when you mean "dealt pot."

He didn't just deal hash. He was the biggest supplier in his area.

Are there any evidence to these claims? Funny how that story came out at the same time of his "cocaine video" story.

KevinNYC
05-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Are there any evidence to these claims? Funny how that story came out at the same time of his "cocaine video" story.

Here's the article. They interviewed several sources.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/globe-investigation-the-ford-familys-history-with-drug-dealing/article12153014/?page=all

I was incorrect when I said the mayor was involved. It was just his family, the paper says this
[QUOTE]Rob Ford was not a player in the Etobicoke drug trade. Several sources said they saw him around his brothers as they were doing business, but they said he didn

KevinNYC
05-29-2013, 02:46 PM
They also published an editorial that said. (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/community/editors-letter/editors-letter-why-we-published-the-ford-family-story/article12152740/)
This weekend, The Globe and Mail is publishing an extensive examination of the Toronto Ford family’s decades-old connection to illicit drugs. We are doing so with utmost caution, journalistic rigour and legal scrutiny – ultimately believing that Torontonians and, more broadly, Canadians need to understand the background of the most politically powerful family in the country’s biggest city.

An 18-month investigation by reporters Greg McArthur and Shannon Kari reveals that Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s brother Doug sold hashish for several years in the 1980s, in the Toronto suburb of Etobicoke. Another brother, Randy, was also involved in the drug trade, and charged in relation to a drug-related kidnapping. Their sister, Kathy, has been the victim of drug-related gun violence
How reliable is our information?

We located and interviewed 10 people who claimed to have contact with Doug Ford over illicit drugs. Each individual said they were afraid to attach their name to the story, citing the Ford family’s power in Toronto.

They did, however, speak at length, and in detail. Throughout we consulted with our legal counsel.
Why now?

Our investigation has been ongoing since late 2011. The reporters were sent back multiple times to find more witnesses, corroborate details and further authenticate information provided in previous interviews. We decided to publish their work this week, given the intense public interest around the Ford family and alleged substance abuse. After Rob Ford spoke to the media on Friday afternoon, carefully saying he does not use crack cocaine and is not addicted to crack cocaine, a group of senior editors met again, reviewed the story, and concluded again that it is in the public interest to publish. Indeed, we felt it would be irresponsible not to share this information with the public at this time.

Burgz V2
05-29-2013, 03:30 PM
This guy is the definition of a hot mess. Once saw him driving down the street, his car literally was smeared with mud :roll:

The only thing funnier than watching this guy's political career implode is the fact that people actually voted for this guy. :facepalm

bdreason
05-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Looks like he's just having some brews with the homies.

Burgz V2
05-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Looks like he's just having some brews with the homies.

that picture is not the evidence.

Someone has the video but wants to be paid 200k before he gives it up because it's his property.

That picture is being used because both dudes in the pic were well known drug dealers who were murdered recently.

Burgz V2
05-29-2013, 03:55 PM

you realize that this deficit you are speaking off is complete bullshit? When Mayor Miller left office there was a surplus in excess of $360 million. The $774 million number was a projected figure for the year 2012 taking into consideration the new budget. That means it had nothing to do with Mayor David Miller, and everything to do with rationalizing Ford's cost-cutting agenda because, as a Conservative politician, he is fundamentally and ideologically against taxes. Miller used taxes to create a surplus by anticipating the deficit and raising taxes in order to break even, and every end of year, he ended with a surplus. The deficit amounts are ESTIMATES for the next year, rarely in Toronto's history since amalgamation has a Mayor actually finished the year with a deficit.

andgar923
05-29-2013, 03:56 PM
A Canadian conservative is equal to an American liberal.

MMM
05-29-2013, 06:51 PM
A Canadian conservative is equal to an American liberal.

not really but yes there is a difference between American republicans and Canadian Tories/Reformers

n00bie
05-29-2013, 09:20 PM
you realize that this deficit you are speaking off is complete bullshit? When Mayor Miller left office there was a surplus in excess of $360 million. The $774 million number was a projected figure for the year 2012 taking into consideration the new budget. That means it had nothing to do with Mayor David Miller, and everything to do with rationalizing Ford's cost-cutting agenda because, as a Conservative politician, he is fundamentally and ideologically against taxes. Miller used taxes to create a surplus by anticipating the deficit and raising taxes in order to break even, and every end of year, he ended with a surplus. The deficit amounts are ESTIMATES for the next year, rarely in Toronto's history since amalgamation has a Mayor actually finished the year with a deficit.

So you're praising a mayor for raising taxes, while Ford is the bad guy here?

The way I see it, minus all the bs, Ford really isn't a horrible mayor. Our city needs someone like Ford. The city doesn't even have enough money to fix the gardiner. Cuts to money pits in the city is NOT a bad thing.

But I guess you rather him raise taxes instead?

Burgz V2
05-29-2013, 09:33 PM
So you're praising a mayor for raising taxes, while Ford is the bad guy here?

The way I see it, minus all the bs, Ford really isn't a horrible mayor. Our city needs someone like Ford. The city doesn't even have enough money to fix the gardiner. Cuts to money pits in the city is NOT a bad thing.

But I guess you rather him raise taxes instead?

now I know why your name is noobie.

:roll:

KevinNYC
05-30-2013, 05:26 PM
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: LINK :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: (http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/05/30/rob_ford_video_scandal_mayor_ford_said_he_knew_whe re_video_was_sources_say.html)
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford told senior aides not to worry about a video appearing to show him smoking crack cocaine because he knew where it was, sources told the Star.
Ford then blurted out the address of two 17th-floor units — 1701 and 1703 — at a Dixon Rd. apartment complex, to the shock of staffers at a city hall meeting almost two weeks ago, the sources said.
The mayor cited “our contacts” as the source of his information, according to insiders familiar with the unusual May 17 session in his office.
Staffers were alarmed by the implication of hearing so precise a location, sources said.

Around the table at city hall on May 17 were operations and logistics director David Price, then deputy chief of staff Earl Provost, press secretary George Christopoulos and others. Missing from the meeting was Mark Towhey, then Ford’s chief of staff. Also not in attendance was communications special assistant Isaac Ransom.
Towhey was fired last Thursday after counselling Ford to seek help for his health. Christopoulos and Ransom resigned “on principle” Monday, and Provost is now chief of staff.
The Star sent emails outlining the allegations, complete with a series of questions, to all people named in this report. As of press time, none had responded to requests for interviews.
One of the key questions the Star asked of Ford was how he came to know, the day after the video news broke, of the Dixon Rd. apartment numbers.

So the mayor claims to know exactly where the video is AND it's alleged that the person whose phone it was was killed!!!!
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/30/rob_ford_video_scandal_second_arrest_in_murder_of_ man_who_appears_in_photo_with_mayor_rob_ford.html

How is Chris Farley not alive to star in this movie?

KevinNYC
05-30-2013, 06:57 PM

Seriously, he would absolutely kill in this scene
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/05/rob-ford-press-conference.html

Burgz V2
05-30-2013, 07:05 PM
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: LINK :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: (http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/05/30/rob_ford_video_scandal_mayor_ford_said_he_knew_whe re_video_was_sources_say.html)

So the mayor claims to know exactly where the video is AND it's alleged that the person whose phone it was was killed!!!!
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/30/rob_ford_video_scandal_second_arrest_in_murder_of_ man_who_appears_in_photo_with_mayor_rob_ford.html

two of the guys in the photo the OP posted were murdered recently, before this story even broke. However, I think it's too early to discern the sequence of events without the video itself, whether they were murdered before or after it was filmed.

But the claims that he knew about the video seem to be legit. Three senior staffers yesterday, another two today. His office is falling apart. Tommy Boy has really stepped in it this time.

KevinNYC
05-30-2013, 07:14 PM
two of the guys in the photo the OP posted were murdered recently, before this story even broke. However, I think it's too early to discern the sequence of events without the video itself, whether they were murdered before or after it was filmed.

But the claims that he knew about the video seem to be legit. Three senior staffers yesterday, another two today. His office is falling apart. Tommy Boy has really stepped in it this time.

Do they call him Tommy Boy? That's awesome.

Wasn't the photo a screen capture from the video? If so, they would have obviously been murdered afterwards. I thought the photo was supposed to represent what was on the video. And that the phone's owner was murdered to obtain this valuable video. It seriously is like a Raymond Chandler story up there.

Also the second person was shot but survived, correct?

Burgz V2
05-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Do they call him Tommy Boy? That's awesome.

Wasn't the photo a screen capture from the video? If so, they would have obviously been murdered afterwards. I thought the photo was supposed to represent what was on the video. And that the phone's owner was murdered to obtain this valuable video. It seriously is like a Raymond Chandler story up there.

Also the second person was shot but survived, correct?

lol some people call him that.

No, the video is in a room and he's sitting in a chair (according to the sources). The photo was provided by the same party that has the video though. I'm not sure the phone's owner has been murdered as of yet. Anthony Smith, the guy on the left, was murdered, but the other guy on the right was shot and survived (I misspoke in my earlier post, i meant to say shot not murdered). Theyre from the Dixon Rd. and Islington area, the same area the supposed video owners are from. So far it is guilty by association, this being the main reason no action has been taken yet, without more concrete evidence, or the video at least.

The shooting happened March 28th. The scandal broke early May. So it is pretty difficult to tell what the sequence of events would be, but it at least means it would have had to have existed before the 28th because of the photo that was given to The Star.

RaininThrees
05-30-2013, 11:44 PM
lol some people call him that.

No, the video is in a room and he's sitting in a chair (according to the sources). The photo was provided by the same party that has the video though. I'm not sure the phone's owner has been murdered as of yet. Anthony Smith, the guy on the left, was murdered, but the other guy on the right was shot and survived (I misspoke in my earlier post, i meant to say shot not murdered). Theyre from the Dixon Rd. and Islington area, the same area the supposed video owners are from. So far it is guilty by association, this being the main reason no action has been taken yet, without more concrete evidence, or the video at least.

The shooting happened March 28th. The scandal broke early May. So it is pretty difficult to tell what the sequence of events would be, but it at least means it would have had to have existed before the 28th because of the photo that was given to The Star.

What is unsaid in all of this is that it is thought that the video was taken by Smith, and that's why he was killed.

According to Gawker, Ford isn't the only high roller in Toronto who gets from these guys, and Smith (potentially) ruined someone's very lucrative business.

n00bie
05-31-2013, 07:46 AM
So The Star publishes a lie to sell more newspapers, and then the next day they take it back & say Smith's death had nothing to do with the video. :lol

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/31/rob_ford_crack_video_scandal_anthony_smiths_killin g_was_street_level_stuff_sources_say.html

"Speculation has run rampant Mayor Rob Ford may be connected to a series of violent incidents in North Etobicoke. That does not appear to be the case.

And who created that speculation? This newspaper is a joke. They just publish straight up lies & create rumors out of thin air. :facepalm

n00bie
05-31-2013, 07:48 AM
There's also rumors that Ford's staff are quitting because the media are harassing them & their families. How come The Star doesn't publish that?

Burgz V2
05-31-2013, 08:09 AM
What is unsaid in all of this is that it is thought that the video was taken by Smith, and that's why he was killed.

According to Gawker, Ford isn't the only high roller in Toronto who gets from these guys, and Smith (potentially) ruined someone's very lucrative business.

ive heard that too but i think it's just speculation. there is no concrete proof of that as of yet other than his association with the neighbourhood itself. it would be terrible to cast someone who just lost their life in a bad light off of just speculation imo. However, I don't doubt that something shady is definitely going on.

There's also rumors that Ford's staff are quitting because the media are harassing them & their families. How come The Star doesn't publish that?

His chief of staff was fired. Rob Ford reported he quit but when they asked Towhey himself he said that he had been fired. They haven't interviewed the others but i'd bet Towhey was not the only one who was let go out of the 5.

n00bie
05-31-2013, 08:38 AM
His chief of staff was fired. Rob Ford reported he quit but when they asked Towhey himself he said that he had been fired. They haven't interviewed the others but i'd bet Towhey was not the only one who was let go out of the 5.

That maybe true, but if The Star publishes "speculation", they should publish both accusations.. or better yet, don't publish bs until they have proof.

I find it funny how the police hasn't had any comments on this story. Are they even investing this? Mayor dealing / using cocaine is a pretty serious accusation.

IBrickShots
05-31-2013, 02:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zm7bw812oTI

They have caught the guy supplying Ford's crack. He came through for the mayor!

MavsSuperFan
05-31-2013, 08:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zm7bw812oTI

They have caught the guy supplying Ford's crack. He came through for the mayor!

is this real?

mshahidz
06-01-2013, 02:41 AM
yes....

MMM
06-01-2013, 09:53 AM
LOL all the Ford/Crack jokes nowadays. Just last night some random crackhead on the bus was talking about how he gets his crack from city hall.

MavsSuperFan
11-05-2013, 02:33 PM
I still dont understand why a rich guy wouldnt just do coke.

Crack is for poor people

Rasheed1
11-05-2013, 03:01 PM
I still dont understand why a rich guy wouldnt just do coke.

Crack is for poor people

it doesn't really work like that though

Dolphin
11-05-2013, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=Rasheed1]it doesn't really work like that though

Rasheed1
11-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Exactly. When I first got into doing white (don't anymore), I wondered why I would hear about some celebs getting caught doing crack. Did some research and without ever trying crack myself, I understand that the high hits you quicker and harder. A somewhat different feeling I'd imagine as well. Some do coke so much that the high doesn't do it for them anymore. Crack is the obvious next step to ****ing yourself up.

I never messed with anything more than weed. I was always too scared of becoming hooked..

I had a friend who did crack though, and he warned me "Don't EVER do crack, you'll be hooked"

He said the feeling is incredible.. He told me it will make you feel like you can "take over the whole world by yourself" .. scared the sh*t out of me when he told me that. I'll never forget that.

I would imagine some of the newer drugs are just as bad.. They diminish people so fast, that its got to be an incredible high to keep people hooked when it is destroying them so fast

Dolphin
11-05-2013, 04:26 PM
I never messed with anything more than weed. I was always too scared of becoming hooked..

I had a friend who did crack though, and he warned me "Don't EVER do crack, you'll be hooked"

He said the feeling is incredible.. He told me it will make you feel like you can "take over the whole world by yourself" .. scared the sh*t out of me when he told me that. I'll never forget that.

I would imagine some of the newer drugs are just as bad.. They diminish people so fast, that its got to be an incredible high to keep people hooked when it is destroying them so fast

Coke gets really bad when you start treating it like you would smoke weed. Just lounging with buddies and doing it all night. No intention of even getting girls. It's considered a party drug like ecstasy and such, but personally if I did any before going out, I didn't want to go out at all. Try calling girls over to chill after they leave the bars and do it with us? Sure. Go out myself? Meh, would rather just sit on my ass and get ****ed. Was annoying having to sneak around in bathrooms or doing key bumps in a club as well unless you have a private area. I know many people do party hard at clubs on that shit, but I personally never viewed it that way. At a club would rather listen to house on something i didn't have to do over and over again. really weird drug to be honest.

People say that molly is much more dangerous than coke, but I would tell people the chances of dying on molly is slim enough that I would rather them do that once in a blue moon at raves than waste your life and money on blow. I have buddies who still do it and talk about buying it and doing it in such a casual way as though that's what everyone does on a fri/sat night and it creeps the hell out of me now.

red1
11-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Coke gets really bad when you start treating it like you would smoke weed. Just lounging with buddies and doing it all night. No intention of even getting girls. It's considered a party drug like ecstasy and such, but personally if I did any before going out, I didn't want to go out at all. Try calling girls over to chill after they leave the bars and do it with us? Sure. Go out myself? Meh, would rather just sit on my ass and get ****ed. Was annoying having to sneak around in bathrooms or doing key bumps in a club as well unless you have a private area. I know many people do party hard at clubs on that shit, but I personally never viewed it that way. At a club would rather listen to house on something i didn't have to do over and over again. really weird drug to be honest.

People say that molly is much more dangerous than coke, but I would tell people the chances of dying on molly is slim enough that I would rather them do that once in a blue moon at raves than waste your life and money on blow. I have buddies who still do it and talk about buying it and doing it in such a casual way as though that's what everyone does on a fri/sat night and it creeps the hell out of me now.
those people are retarded

HoopsFanNumero1
11-05-2013, 05:07 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mayor-rob-ford-yes-i-have-smoked-crack-cocaine-1.2415533

Video (http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/11/05/doug-ford-calls-on-police-chief-to-step-down-accuses-him-on-conspiracy-against-torontos-mayor/)

“Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine but … am I an addict? No. Have I tried it? Probably in one of my drunken stupors, probably approximately about a year ago". Responding to why the admission took so long, Ford said “I wasn’t lying. You didn’t ask the correct questions".

kentatm
11-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Mayor Rob Ford: 'Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine

:biggums:

BRabbiT
11-05-2013, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=HoopsFanNumero1]http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mayor-rob-ford-yes-i-have-smoked-crack-cocaine-1.2415533

Video (http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/11/05/doug-ford-calls-on-police-chief-to-step-down-accuses-him-on-conspiracy-against-torontos-mayor/)

Rake2204
11-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Looks like he brought out the big guns for his press conference yesterday - a 1990's NFL logo tie:

http://i.cbc.ca/1.2416346.1383714603!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/image.jpg

DCL
11-06-2013, 11:34 AM
i touched almost every drug in my youth. i have an encyclopedia of experiences.

but i've never done crack. that's like another friggin' level... like heroin and shit.

i always imagined those guys who did crack to be hugging a dumpster and sucking d!cks for crack money.

i think it's hilarious how this mayor is answering questions like this thing was so casual and nothing.

BRabbiT
11-06-2013, 07:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/h0s0F.gif