PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James openly recognizes flopping as an effective strategy

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 01:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9317929/2013-nba-playoffs-lebron-james-says-not-flopper-sees-advantage-flopping

HelterSkelter
05-28-2013, 01:27 PM
HERE. WE. GO.

this'll go hundreds of pages...

LEFT4DEAD
05-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Finally, someone telling the truth. There is nobody in this league who doesn't flop.

TheMarkMadsen
05-28-2013, 01:31 PM
The most physically gifted player of all time resorts to flopping :roll:

TheMarkMadsen
05-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Finally, someone telling the truth. There is nobody in this league who doesn't flop.

I can name 10 w/o even thinking. Sit down stanly

LEFT4DEAD
05-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Go on then. You think somebody doesn't flop because you don't see it on here or in the media?

Trollsmasher
As long as the league does not give harsher punishments for it (suspensions), players will flop.

There really is not a lot to talk about.

unbreakable
lebron is one of only a few stars who flop.. guess who the other star is? d-wade

this team is full of *******s and if it wasnt for chris bosh they wouldnt make it out the 2nd round

Mr Exlax
05-28-2013, 01:39 PM
The only player who doesn't flop or try to sell the call is Dwight Howard.

LBJMVP
05-28-2013, 01:41 PM
"It happens," Wade said. "We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping."

wade is such a bitch.

3 The Hardaway
05-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Last thing I remember is that drawing fouls is a good thing. If you can fool the refs into taking the ball away from the other team it's a positive for your team. I dont understand why this is such a big issue with people. If their arent more restrictions on it, it will continue to be a good strategy for players and teams.

talkingconch
05-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Wade is terrible, cant believe stans have the audacity to rank this guy above Kobe at any time of his career. He had a great finals run but thats it.

talkingconch
05-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Last thing I remember is that drawing fouls is a good thing. If you can fool the refs into taking the ball away from the other team it's a positive for your team. I dont understand why this is such a big issue with people. If their arent more restrictions on it, it will continue to be a good strategy for players and teams.
drawing fouls and flopping are two seperate things

Shepseskaf
05-28-2013, 01:46 PM
As a team, Miami's flopping is pathetic -- and so unnecessary.

LBJ should show leadership and stop doing it, and the rest would follow along.

tpols
05-28-2013, 01:47 PM
As a team, Miami's flopping is pathetic -- and so unnecessary.

LBJ should show leadership and stop doing it, and the rest would follow along.
LBJ and Bosh both followed Wade's 'leadership' when they came to miami.. Doubt it ever goes in reverse.

Lebron never used to flop this much in Cleveland.. I barely remember him flopping at all.

Bandito
05-28-2013, 01:49 PM
shocker...

Shepseskaf
05-28-2013, 01:50 PM
LBJ and Bosh both followed Wade's 'leadership' when they came to miami.. Doubt it ever goes in reverse.

Lebron never used to flop this much in Cleveland.. I barely remember him flopping at all.
True. But its LBJ's team now, and if he felt strongly about stopping it, I think the rest of the team would follow.

NumberSix
05-28-2013, 01:54 PM
What's stopping you? :confusedshrug:

chosen_one6
05-28-2013, 01:55 PM

Go for it.

JotaroDurant
05-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Not news, we all knew nikka flopped his way to a title last yr

MavsSuperFan
05-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Flopping adds a comedic element to basketball. Its like hack a shaq, adds some levity to the game.

First you get the humor of watching a huge man act like a bitch and throw himself to the ground, then you get to hear JVG cry about it for 5 minutes lol.

Le Shaqtus
05-28-2013, 02:00 PM
"I don't flop, I don't even know how to flop, it's not in my game to flop"

"Any way you can get an advantage over the opponent to help your team win, so be it."

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Great to see that LeBron has accepted his role of the Jummy rustler.
Just see how many people's jimmies are rustled in this thread. I hope he starts speaking things like this more to the press so people get even more angry.

Present day LeBron is really cool. He used to be such a baby till last year.

Skip Bayless
05-28-2013, 02:10 PM
I thought LeBron didn't know how to flop? Or that it wasn't his game? Good to know LeBron's a blatant liar.

Remix
05-28-2013, 02:13 PM
I've never seen Pek, D12, Monroe, or Horford flop.

and I highly doubt Ivan Johnson knows what one is.

HoopsFanNumero1
05-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Dwight Howard is probably the only superstar that doesn't flop. No arm flailing, no exaggerating contact, no verbal flop.

Mr Exlax
05-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Well to be honest, he still hasn't said he flops.

Le Shaqtus
05-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Well to be honest, he still hasn't said he flops.

LeBron would never lie to us :no: he loves ISH, he would never break all of his boyfriends hearts like that.

Fudge
05-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Weakest mindset in the game. :oldlol:

Mr Exlax
05-28-2013, 02:24 PM
LeBron would never lie to us :no: he loves ISH, he would never break all of his boyfriends hearts like that.

i don't get it.

Mr Exlax
05-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Dwight Howard is probably the only superstar that doesn't flop. No arm flailing, no exaggerating contact, no verbal flop.

As my former favorite player, I agree with you 100%. I even have a reason why he doesn't. He doesn't want to have to shoot the freethrows. He focuses on getting the ball in the basket. That way if he does shoot freethrows he already has two points lol.

3 The Hardaway
05-28-2013, 02:25 PM
drawing fouls and flopping are two seperate things
A foul call is a foul call, regardless if it's a flop or not.

Trollsmasher
05-28-2013, 02:26 PM
You leave us hanging like this?

Flash31
05-28-2013, 02:29 PM
nAME 1 STAR WHO DOES NOT FLOP.

CP3,Kobe,Blake,Pierce,Harden,Durant,Melo,Parker,Wa de,LeBron,Bosh,Dirk,Howard,Curry,Gasol,Marc,Amare, Hibbert,Noah

literally almost every single star flops in some way or another,some better than others,some worse,

in a league where Harden avg 11 FTA,Durant 9,Kobe 9,LeBron 7,Wade 6
and where if youre a star you should sell it,otherwise
youll get no calls like Howard,LeBron

practically every star flops or does something to draw a foul,you have Durants rip through,Kobes :Hey Eh Eh" every time he goes to the rim,Hardens bobblehead motion every time he drives making it look like he got hit,D-Wades pumpfakes,

The Choken One
05-28-2013, 02:31 PM
You leave us hanging like this?
1k posts already? yikes.

and LeBron has flopped for years, why is this a big deal? Everyone in the NBA flops like bitches besides the decent centers of the league, and even they flop at times. I've yet to see my boy Chandler flop yet, though.

Mr Exlax
05-28-2013, 02:31 PM

CP3,Kobe,Blake,Pierce,Harden,Durant,Melo,Parker,Wa de,LeBron,Bosh,Dirk,Howard,Curry,Gasol,Marc,Amare, Hibbert,Noah

literally almost every single star flops in some way or another,some better than others,some worse,

practically every star flops or does something to draw a foul,you have Durants rip through,Kobes :Hey Eh Eh" every time he goes to the rim,Hardens bobblehead motion every time he drives making it look like he got hit,D-Wades pumpfakes,

Agreed with everything except for Howard flopping. Show me or explain to me what he does.

GrapeApe
05-28-2013, 02:35 PM
What many are failing to realize is that most of these guys are TAUGHT to do it beginning at a young age by their coaches. Drawing fouls and being good at doing it is an important fundamental strategy. Even Jerry West called it a "skill".

I<3NBA
05-28-2013, 02:40 PM
i think they're running flopping drills now in practice (like how drawing a charge became a routine thing taught in practice) it'll worsen before it gets better. probably become like soccer.

ClutchOver9000
05-28-2013, 02:44 PM

Melo flops? News to me...

HoopsFanNumero1
05-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Melo flops? News to me...

He did it a bit in the Celtics series but overall, I wouldn't really call him a flopper.

LEFT4DEAD
05-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Wade is terrible, cant believe stans have the audacity to rank this guy above Kobe at any time of his career. He had a great finals, a lot better than any of Kobe's, and 2009' season, also better than any of Kobe's season, but thats it.
Fixed :rolleyes:

Ne 1
05-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Flopping has no place in basketball...it's cheating basically. Trying to gain an unfair advantage, help your team and penalize theirs, by getting a call you don't deserve.

The integrity of the game and competition is compromised with flopping IMO. Sports are about competition on equal footing, with respect for the opponent, and with respect for the rules of the game.

Rondo
05-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Go for it.

What's stopping you? :confusedshrug:

It's funny. You're desperate for him to name players so you can post clips of them flopping for probably the first and only time in their careers whereas your boys cheat when there's the absolute minimum to zero contact (LeBron-Rose, Bosh-Boozer, Wade-Mahinmi, Battier every night) and it's on a regular basis. Then they come out and say that they don't do it, that it helps the game and that there'd be no NBA without it.

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Flopping has no place in basketball...it's cheating basically. Trying to gain an unfair advantage, help your team and penalize theirs, by getting a call you don't deserve.

The integrity of the game and competition is compromised with flopping IMO. Sports are about competition on equal footing, with respect for the opponent, and with respect for the rules of the game.
Pistons used to get away with so many plays that were fouls in the rule book. Yet, all the nostalgia goggle wearers call it hard and great basketball. This isn't much different. as long as ref doesn't call it and you help your team, there is nothing wrong.
For 1 flop that doesn't get penalized there are 20 illegal screens that are not called.
First stop the illegal screens as they play bigger role in the game than a flop as flops are way less in numbers than those illegal screens which really hurt teams that want to play small ball.
KG, Garnett, Ibaka all set up illegal screens all the time. Tim does it less often than ibaka or kg but he does it too because he knows it will give advantage to his team. As long as it is not called, it is a good play.

Rondo
05-28-2013, 03:18 PM
This isn't much different. as long as ref doesn't call it and you help your team, there is nothing wrong.

That's just not true.

It's cheating whether the ref calls it or not. A fabrication of reality.

It's far less galling watching someone set an illegal screen than it is watching this:

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/lebron-flop-3.gif

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 03:21 PM
That's just not true.

no, it isn't. why don't you call out KG for not being a good player of basketball by setting numerous illegal screens that don't get called by the refs?
you know you have seen it and yet you would call it rough and intelligent basketball like most people here. I have no problem with that just like i don't have problem with flopping as long as it isn't called.
I do not like to watch flops just like i don't like to watch griffin trying to hit a mid range jumper but i have nothing against it. I also really hate watching all those illegal screens because it is clear that small players who are not built like tanks have no shot of getting through those screens no matter how athletic they are and that is why it is cheating too.

STATUTORY
05-28-2013, 03:23 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2012/12/19/15/enhanced-buzz-23372-1355948928-4.jpg

:rolleyes:

chosen_one6
05-28-2013, 03:25 PM
It's funny. You're desperate for him to name players so you can post clips of them flopping for probably the first and only time in their careers whereas your boys cheat when there's the absolute minimum to zero contact (LeBron-Rose, Bosh-Boozer, Wade-Mahinmi, Battier every night) and it's on a regular basis. Then they come out and say that they don't do it, that it helps the game and that there'd be no NBA without it.

Nope. Nice reach.

Just calling someone out on their BS statement.

Rondo
05-28-2013, 03:25 PM
no, it isn't. why don't you call out KG for not being a good player of basketball by setting numerous illegal screens that don't get called by the refs?
you know you have seen it and yet you would call it rough and intelligent basketball like most people here. I have no problem with that just like i don't have problem with flopping as long as it isn't called.
I do not like to watch flops just like i don't like to watch griffin trying to hit a mid range jumper but i have nothing against it. I also really hate watching all those illegal screens because it is clear that small players who are not built like tanks have no shot of getting through those screens no matter how athletic they are and that is why it is cheating too.

So you genuinely believe that illegal screens are on a par with the gif I posted on the last page? Come on...

Rondo
05-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Nope. Nice reach.

Just calling someone out on their BS statement.

How is that a reach :wtf:

Had he came back with a list of players you would have posted a gif or video of them flopping. Why lie about it?

Solefade
05-28-2013, 03:30 PM

This, every ****ing player does it, quit complaining. If you were playing in the NBA, you're telling me you wouldn't try to sell a call to get extra free throws to help your team win?

You're taught to grab/foul and hold other players when the ref isn't looking or isn't the right angle but its not okay for players to flop? get the fvck outta here

KyrieTheFuture
I don't understand people who get so upset about flopping. This is a league where roughly half of the calls in the book are never made (traveling, most def 3 seconds, illegal screens) the way the game is played is "dirty" one way or another. Get over it.

GrapeApe
I'd also like to add that flopping exists, in some capacity, in every sport and always has. Athletes have been trying to manipulate/fool officials since the dawn of organized competition. This is nothing new, it's just that we are more exposed to it via modern technology and media.

Rose'sACL
So you genuinely believe that illegal screens are on a par with the gif I posted on the last page? Come on...
ofcourse. For 1 flop that doesn't get penalized there are 15-20 illegal screens that don't get called.
those 10+ illegal screens impact that game more than 1 flop. Just because illegal screens don't look as bad as flops doesn't mean it is right.
Players who set illegal screens are intelligent just like players who flop and get away with it. Both know when to flop or set illegal screen so refs give the call in their favor.

chosen_one6
05-28-2013, 03:32 PM
How is that a reach :wtf:

Had he came back with a list of players you would have posted a gif or video of them flopping. Why lie about it?

You're making assumptions. Calling me desperate? That's reaching bruh. When someone makes a BS statement, I call them out on it. That MarkMadsen dude is a known Lakers homer and LeBron/Heat hater.

Solefade
05-28-2013, 03:36 PM
That's just not true.

It's far less galling watching someone set an illegal screen than it is watching this:

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/lebron-flop-3.gif

Maybe Rose shouldn't be reaching 90ft from his basket? You know players will get called 90% of the time for reaching right even if its not a foul?

Rondo
05-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Maybe Rose shouldn't be reaching 90ft from his basket? You know players will get called 90% of the time for reaching right even if its not a foul?

So that justifies what LeBron did?

Players get called 90% of the time when there's zero contact? News to me. By law even making contact with a player when reaching isn't an automatic foul as long as it's not illegal contact. Making zero contact is not punishable.

Failing to see why we're debating what Rose did here.

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Rondo, you still haven't replied to me about why do you think that 1 flop is worse than 10+ illegal screens that don't get called in the game?

Ne 1
05-28-2013, 03:51 PM

Illegal screens also have a negative impact on the game. There's no consistency at all on illegal screens, I see players too often getting away with poking out their hips and having their leags to far apart when settings screen, the ball handler taking the screen before it is properly set so as to get a split second advantage on screen and rolls. The most illegal screens occur in off-ball situations however where the teams that use lots of pick rolls get away with initially setting a screen and sliding over into the player chasing the guy coming off of the screen, especially along the baseline.

Players should be given fouls for flopping whether it be offensive/defensive or a technical, or maybe they should review flops or maybe the league should warn players for flopping and after a number of warnings/violations, they get suspended. Flopping ruins the game.

Orlando Magic
05-28-2013, 03:59 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2012/12/19/15/enhanced-buzz-23372-1355948928-4.jpg

The picture you posted looks like him bragging after dunking the ball, idiot.

Dwight Howard may be mentally weak and he may be a complete bitch, but a flopper, he is not. Dude plays legit & with honor. Nobody can take that from him. I watched him for 8+ years. You could count on less than 1 hand the amount of times he's flopped. I can't even think of a single specific instance, actually.

He does bitch to the refs a lot, though. For as many calls that get missed against him, he gets away with physically murdering people down low, and quite often at that.

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 03:59 PM
Illegal screens also have a negative impact on the game. There's no consistency at all on illegal screens, I see players too often getting away with poking out their hips and having their leags to far apart when settings screen, the ball handler taking the screen before it is properly set so as to get a split second advantage on screen and rolls. The most illegal screens occur in off-ball situations however where the teams that use lots of pick rolls get away with initially setting a screen and sliding over into the player chasing the guy coming off of the screen, especially along the baseline.

Players should be given fouls for flopping whether it be offensive/defensive or a technical, or maybe they should review flops or maybe the league should warn players for flopping and after a number of warnings/violations, they get suspended. Flopping ruins the game.
and illegal screens ruin the game even more as they are more in number. As long as refs call even half the illegal screens that don't get called , i have no problem with them even suspending players after big flops.

Rondo
05-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Rondo, you still haven't replied to me about why do you think that 1 flop is worse than 10+ illegal screens that don't get called in the game?

Falling to the ground and writhing around in agony (see Tony Allen) when there was literally zero contact is disgusting. It completely ruins the game seeing professional athletes falling around all over the court like little girls.

If you think illegal screens are quite as infuriating then that's fine. Your opinion at the end of the day.

tpols
05-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Illegal screens are bullshit because you have to be moving a little bit to actually block the defender youre trying to screen. Otherwise they simply side step you.. its not too hard lol.

Theres nothing wrong with good physical screening just like theres nothing wrong with good physical boxing out, good physical defense without grabbing/holding, etc. Basketball should be played somewhat physical.. and the ultimate goal should be to put the ball in the hoop. Not get to the FT line.

Flopping is a bullshit way to score points.. no one wants to watch a game where superstars are flopping all over the place trying to sit at the charity stripe.

The reason soccer players flop is because its so much harder to score a goal in soccer than it is to get a bucket in bball. So theres actually makes some sense. In basketball though, if youre an elite player and a physical tank like Lebron, you should be able to get buckets without acting like a gigantic *****.

Reggie Miller was a flopper.. a lot of euros flop.. Why? Because they were weaker than the guys that defended them and they needed a way to get points when they were overpowered. Lebron doesnt need to do that shit. Its extremely gay

Orlando Magic
05-28-2013, 04:05 PM
Also... what a weak bitch mentally Wade is. There'd be no NBA without flopping? The **** out of here, you ****ing ******. **** YOU.

And LeBron is also a mental bitch.

There isn't a topic in the league that'll get me to turn faster on a player than flopping.

It is CHEATING. You take away from the integrity of the game when you do it. Part me of me wants to give him props for admitting it... but at the same time... am I giving someone props to admitting to child molestation? No... so no props will be given.

**** LeBron & **** Wade.

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Falling to the ground and writhing around in agony (see Tony Allen) when there was literally zero contact is disgusting. It completely ruins the game seeing professional athletes falling around all over the court like little girls.

If you think illegal screens are quite as infuriating then that's fine. Your opinion at the end of the day.
what is infuriating to me doesn't matter really. I find flops more infuriating to watch than illegal screens but if you watch it just based on the impact on the game, you will clearly find that illegal screens have way more impact on the game than flops. At most you will see 2 flops in a game that forced refs to give the decision in favor of the flopper when it should have gone the other way while you will see 10+ illegal screens in the game that don't get called by the refs.
Those 10+ illegal screens will have bigger impact on the game without a question.

Heavincent
05-28-2013, 04:09 PM
If I wanted to watch dudes flop around like a bunch of fairies, I'd watch soccer. That shit has no place in basketball.

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Also... what a weak bitch mentally Wade is. There'd be no NBA without flopping? The **** out of here, you ****ing ******. **** YOU.

And LeBron is also a mental bitch.

There isn't a topic in the league that'll get me to turn faster on a player than flopping.

It is CHEATING. You take away from the integrity of the game when you do it. Part me of me wants to give him props for admitting it... but at the same time... am I giving someone props to admitting to child molestation? No... so no props will be given.

**** LeBron & **** Wade.

Now i get why every superstar center leaves orlando.

Solefade
05-28-2013, 04:11 PM
So that justifies what LeBron did?

Players get called 90% of the time when there's zero contact? News to me. By law even making contact with a player when reaching isn't an automatic foul as long as it's not illegal contact. Making zero contact is not punishable.

Failing to see why we're debating what Rose did here.

Yes, he intelligently capitalized on a dumb move by Rose. Like it or not, it was smart by LeBron. People need to get over this flopping shit unless they've made a career out of it like Derek Fisher.

tpols
05-28-2013, 04:12 PM
what is infuriating to me doesn't matter really. I find flops more infuriating to watch than illegal screens but if you watch it just based on the impact on the game, you will clearly find that illegal screens have way more impact on the game than flops. At most you will see 2 flops in a game that forced refs to give the decision in favor of the flopper while you will see 10+ illegal screens in the game that don't get called by the refs.
Those 10+ illegal screens will have bigger impact on the game without a question.
And how many times do defensive players hold and grab players without getting called? How many times do people grab hold and push boxing out? How many times do players push and grab people setting screens?

All the time. Everything evens out. Basketball is a physical game.

Hard screens also indirectly lead to buckets.. just like a player pushing off in the post to get better position.. they all indriectly lead to putting the ball in the hoop. That is basketball.

Flopping is a way AROUND playing basketball. It is not basketball.

Rondo
05-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Yes, he intelligently capitalized on a dumb move by Rose. Like it or not, it was smart by LeBron. People need to get over this flopping shit unless they've made a career out of it like Derek Fisher.

It isn't "intelligent". It's cheating. Why won't you admit that?

Mr Exlax
05-28-2013, 04:16 PM

Show the whole clip chump lol.

Rondo
05-28-2013, 04:17 PM
what is infuriating to me doesn't matter really. I find flops more infuriating to watch than illegal screens but if you watch it just based on the impact on the game, you will clearly find that illegal screens have way more impact on the game than flops. At most you will see 2 flops in a game that forced refs to give the decision in favor of the flopper when it should have gone the other way while you will see 10+ illegal screens in the game that don't get called by the refs.

Completely ignoring the fact that flops result in both player and team foul trouble which directly effects the rest of the match both in how the player defends and attacks the basket because of a hesitancy to pick up another foul and, of course, the fact that the resulting free throws could very well be the difference in the result of the match.

Solefade
05-28-2013, 04:18 PM
It isn't "intelligent". It's cheating. Why won't you admit that?

How is it cheating if EVERYONE in the NBA does it? Smh

Just say you hate LeBron and that you want to single him out for every "bitch" thing he does but not other players.

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 04:18 PM
And how many times do defensive players hold and grab players without getting called? How many times do people grab hold and push boxing out? How many times do players push and grab people setting screens?

All the time. Everything evens out. Basketball is a physical game.

Hard screens also indirectly lead to buckets.. just like a player pushing off in the post to get better position.. they all indriectly lead to putting the ball in the hoop. That is basketball.

Flopping is a way AROUND playing basketball. It is not basketball.
illegal screens are also a way around to not being intelligent enough to predict the movement of the other player.
if flops and illegal screens were same in number , i would agree with you but for 1 flop there are a dozen illegal screens that don't get called. For smaller and skinny players, it is a nightmare to go through those illegal screens.

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Completely ignoring the fact that flops result in both player and team foul trouble which directly effects the rest of the match both in how the player defends and attacks the basket because of a hesitancy to pick up another foul and, of course, the fact that the resulting free throws could very well be the difference in the result of the match.
You are also ignoring the fact that an illegal screen can and usually does give the player a wide open 3 pointer or an easy lay-up .

Solefade
05-28-2013, 04:23 PM
You are also ignoring the fact that an illegal screen can and usually does give the player a wide open 3 pointer or an easy lay-up .

It's a well known fact that Garnett is notorious for illegal screens and gets away with it most of the time. That's the bigger injustice between a dirty screener and a flopper.

But if you can get away with it and gain the advantage, why not? I don't hate him for that, I get why he does it.

Rondo
05-28-2013, 04:24 PM

Just say you hate LeBron and that you want to single him out for every "bitch" thing he does but not other players.

1. Are you serious?

2. Chosen one, please come in here and read this and you'll see the exact point I was trying to make in the other thread about fans calling you a "hater".

Don't single out other players? I believe in this very thread I just called out Tony Allen for being a cheat...

chazzy
05-28-2013, 04:25 PM
"It happens," Wade said. "We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping."

wade is such a bitch.
:roll:

Skip Bayless
05-28-2013, 04:26 PM

So by this logic, your're pro steriod use?

Mr Exlax
05-28-2013, 04:28 PM

**** yeah!

tpols
05-28-2013, 04:28 PM
illegal screens are also a way around to not being intelligent enough to predict the movement of the other player.
if flops and illegal screens were same in number , i would agree with you but for 1 flop there are a dozen illegal screens that don't get called. For smaller and skinny players, it is a nightmare to go through those illegal screens.
Your argument is basically since one aspect of basketball is called unfairly, that all other unfair practices shouldnt be remedied.

Thats fvckng retarded dude.. You fix both problems in that case. Refs already call illegal screens all. the. time. David West has gotten called on that like 5+ times in this series alone.

Wheres the flopping warning for Wade? We saw some pretty terrible flops already in this series where the refs didnt even call fouls because they noticed it was a flop 100%.

Theres a reason flopping is being cracked down on.

Your reasoning that' oh well we cant completely correct that problem so whats the point in correcting this one' is retarded. Its so stupid

Skip Bayless
05-28-2013, 04:33 PM
**** yeah!

May god have mercy on your forsaken soul.

chosen_one6
05-28-2013, 04:34 PM
1. Are you serious?

2. Chosen one, please come in here and read this and you'll see the exact point I was trying to make in the other thread about fans calling you a "hater".

Don't single out other players? I believe in this very thread I just called out Tony Allen for being a cheat...

For the record, I don't agree with the mentality that flopping is ok.

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Your argument is basically since one aspect of basketball is called unfairly, that all other unfair practices shouldnt be remedied.

Thats fvckng retarded dude.. You fix both problems in that case. Refs already call illegal screens all. the. time. David West has gotten called on that like 5+ times in this series alone.

Wheres the flopping warning for Wade? We saw some pretty terrible flops already in this series where the refs didnt even call fouls because they noticed it was a flop 100%.

Theres a reason flopping is being cracked down on.

Your reasoning that' oh well we cant completely correct that problem so whats the point in correcting this one' is retarded. Its so stupid
My reasoning is that it is refs' and league's job to penalize flopping just like it is refs' job to call those illegal screens.
I have no problem if both get called. Both are done to fool the refs and to give advantage to you team. flops are worse but illegal screens are more in number so illegal screens that don't get called impact the game more.
I love when KG look at where refs are and sets up an illegal screen and i hate that a flop stops the game unlike most illegal screens but i am intelligent enough to know that there are more illegal screens that go unnoticed by the refs than the flops which sold contact when there was none.

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 04:36 PM
you're pro skip bayless which is way more disturbing.

Skip Bayless
05-28-2013, 04:46 PM
you're pro skip bayless which is way more disturbing.

More disturbing than that avatar you have?

tpols
05-28-2013, 04:50 PM
My reasoning is that it is refs' and league's job to penalize flopping just like it is refs' job to call those illegal screens.
I have no problem if both get called. Both are done to fool the refs and to give advantage to you team. flops are worse but illegal screens are more in number so illegal screens that don't get called impact the game more.
I love when KG look at where refs are and sets up an illegal screen and i hate that a flop stops the game unlike most illegal screens but i am intelligent enough to know that there are more illegal screens that go unnoticed by the refs than the flops which sold contact when there was none.
Illegal screens get called far, far more than flops. Has Wade ever recieved a flopping warning? I havent heard of it.. yet he flops all game long. Kevin Garnett has had a million offensive fouls called on him.

Your argument would make more sense if illegal screens were opposite to flopping.. like an illegal defensive tactic that gives defensive players an advantage.

Flopping and illegal screens both benefit the offensive player though. So Lebron gets an illegal screen from bosh, flops on his way to the basket and gets FTs.. its double bullshit in favor of the offense.

Even more the reason to stop flopping.

What youre proposing is we let them both slide until offenses are nearly unstoppable while rational people look for a solution to both.

Hard screens are part of physical playoff basketball just like boxing out and defense are.. flopping is not. Most of the time an illegal screen is called its just a make up call anyway. As long as theres no holding or tripping and it isnt an obvious offensive foul aka laying somebody out it shouldnt matter.

Solefade
05-28-2013, 04:55 PM
For the record, I don't like flopping but I get why players do it and I'm not mad about it.

nightprowler10
05-28-2013, 04:58 PM
I think I've said this before, I don't mind guys trying to sell contact and making sure the refs see it. LeBron does a lot of that and I don't mind it. Rose didn't used to get any calls until he started selling it as well. It's the straight up flopping like in that Rose vs LeBron gif that infuriates most fans. Not to mention guys like Wade who fully commit themselves to the acting and start arguing with the refs. That kind of stuff makes it hard to watch and NBA not doing anything about it discourages defense.

Le Shaqtus
05-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Players are gonna flop, that's how it is. Just don't bitch out and lie about it like LeBron does when there's a 100 gifs that say otherwise :confusedshrug:

NumberSix
05-28-2013, 05:02 PM
It's not for the players to decide what is "moral" or "honourable". That's up to those who create the rules subsequently, those who enforce them.

Batz
05-28-2013, 05:04 PM
What kind of a logic is this? It's like saying a girl shouldn't go out after dark because she could get attacked. And when she does get brutally raped and murder... Well, her fault. Right? Asking for it.

It's a well known fact that Garnett is notorious for illegal screens and gets away with it most of the time. That's the bigger injustice between a dirty screener and a flopper.

But if you can get away with it and gain the advantage, why not? I don't hate him for that, I get why he does it.
How does it justify anything? You don't make sense.

You should go into politics.

****ing tool.

TheReal Kendall
05-28-2013, 05:07 PM
I don't like the Heat but everybody flops. Do I like? NO! But it's part of the NBA now so we either live with it or stop watching.

Dro
05-28-2013, 05:16 PM
I don't like the Heat but everybody flops. Do I like? NO! But it's part of the NBA now so we either live with it or stop watching.
Umm..no they don't....

maybeshewill13
05-28-2013, 05:23 PM
This team is a huge embarrassment to the league and terrible role models for young players :facepalm

TheReal Kendall
05-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Umm..no they don't....

Every team does. There's somebody on every team that flops. This is what they are being taught in practice now. Sell the foul or contact. Make the ref blow the whistle

RRR3
05-28-2013, 05:26 PM
I don't like flopping but I do like it when LeBron trolls http://www.the-coli.com/images/smilies/troll.png

ZenMaster
05-28-2013, 05:51 PM

It's a big issue because sports offers analogies to life, and the analogy of flopping to real life is lying and deceiving.

I hate this flop crap, young players see it and do it the same. As a coach I'm with Vogel and will not stand for it.

Haks
05-28-2013, 05:53 PM
who cares if Lebron flops everyone except for dwight coward flops. All of you are just mad because Lebron is just dominating the league and you likkle babies are reaching for any minor thing

outbreak
05-28-2013, 06:12 PM
To me there's 2 kinds of flopping.

There is selling a foul where you get hit and exaggerate the contact to draw attention to it - this is done by most players in the league is totally fine.

Then there is what guys like ginobli, wade, lebron, griffin, harden do where there is very minimal or in some cases NO contact at all and they act like they've been hit. This is bullshit and needs to be stamped from the game with suspensions. It makes the whole sport look like a joke.

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Playing dirty (getting away with holding someones jersey, giving a little shove to someone trying to get the rebound, aim for the basketball and swing harder than normally etc...) has always existed yet people think is GREAT.

Flopping is the anti-dirty. You pull his jersey, he'll flop so the referee sees it. You push the rebounder, he'll flail his arms so he'll get the call, you swing hard at the ball, he'll fall to the ground in pain.

The fact of the matter is that flopping was invented to counter dirty playing. People flop so that the referee can catch the foul.

HOWEVER people now take advantage of flopping and use it excessively.

endpoint I'm getting it is that DIRTY PLAYS AND FLOPPING are both cheating yet one is looked down on while the other is considered "veteran moves".
As long as you were fouled, you have every reason to flop. If you weren't touched at all then it is embarrassing and wrong.

ZenMaster
05-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Playing dirty (getting away with holding someones jersey, giving a little shove to someone trying to get the rebound, aim for the basketball and swing harder than normally etc...) has always existed yet people think is GREAT.

Flopping is the anti-dirty. You pull his jersey, he'll flop so the referee sees it. You push the rebounder, he'll flail his arms so he'll get the call, you swing hard at the ball, he'll fall to the ground in pain.

The fact of the matter is that flopping was invented to counter dirty playing. People flop so that the referee can catch the foul.

endpoint I'm getting it is that DIRTY PLAYS AND FLOPPING are both cheating yet one is looked down on while the other is considered "veteran moves".
As long as you were fouled, you have every reason to flop. If you weren't touched at all then it is embarrassing and wrong.

There are plenty of people who like yourself don't like dirty players.

The difference you overlook between dirty plays and flopping is that there are on court rules for dirty plays, fouls for contact not in accordance with rules and flagrants for fouls with excessive contact. This means they're part of the game. A smart coach once told me that people generally overreact to flagrants and technicals, like the "oh nooo you didn't just pull THAT shit", but a flagrant or technical is not the end of the game but a part of it.

There are no on-court rules for flopping in the NBA, I said when they introduced the fine system that they should have gone with the FIBA rules which is a warning and then technicals with free throws after each flop by player. This rule works much better than fines after review.

oh the horror
05-28-2013, 07:40 PM
"I don't flop, I don't even know how to flop, it's not in my game to flop"

"Any way you can get an advantage over the opponent to help your team win, so be it."

Exactly.

WeGetRing2012
05-28-2013, 07:42 PM

Because it is blatant cheating

poido123
05-28-2013, 07:43 PM
It's not for the players to decide what is "moral" or "honourable". That's up to those who create the rules subsequently, those who enforce them.

His fans reflect the weak minded stupidity of accepting flopping as a part of the game :lol:

Your boy is a wimp.

Superstars like Lebron are so weak.

Guys get suspended for this. Should the league just ignore Lebron's blatant admission to cheating and allow him to do it?

Heavincent
05-28-2013, 07:52 PM

Because flopping is a straight up ***** move. Grabbing someone's jersey or giving someone a little shove is just part of the game. I wouldn't even categorize it as dirty. A dirty player is someone who actually has the intention of hurting another player. Putting your feet under someone when they go up for a jump shoot, throwing elbows, kneeing people in the balls, etc. That stuff is dirty. A little shove or tug of the jersey never hurt anyone. Get out of here with that crap.

Rose'sACL
05-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Because flopping is a straight up ***** move. Grabbing someone's jersey or giving someone a little shove is just part of the game. I wouldn't even categorize it as dirty. A dirty player is someone who actually has the intention of hurting another player. Putting your feet under someone when they go up for a jump shoot, throwing elbows, kneeing people in the balls, etc. That stuff is dirty. A little shove or tug of the jersey never hurt anyone. Get out of here with that crap.
flopping is also part of the game when it is not called. according to rule books, both flopping and giving someone a shove are against the rules.
Setting illegal screen by putting your elbow out or using your hands to stop someone instead of predicting their movement and being at that place is also dirty but it is not called dirty because everyone is scared of being called a *****.
according to you boxing is a ***** sport because they are not allowed to hit anywhere on the body. lots of shots that are not allowed are let go by refs a lot of times in boxing too but that doesn't make those shots part of the game.
flopping doesn't hurt anyone and illegal screens don't hurt anyone for most part. all they do is give unfair advantage to the other team. it is just that illegal screens that don't get called are more in number than flops that are not penalized. for 1 flop there are 10+ illegal screens that are not called.

Asukal
05-28-2013, 08:07 PM
These tools defending flopping..... :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

LongLiveTheKing
05-28-2013, 08:09 PM
Why do people act like the Heat are the only floppers? Everyone's favorite player flops.
Oh and the Spurs pretty much invented ****ing flopping.

Kaspah
05-28-2013, 08:10 PM
If you try to justify flopping, you're b!tchmade.

Selling fake contact to get a call that potentially gives you more points in a competitive sport is fcking turrible. It's cheap. It's unsportsmanlike.

You are manipulating the fast pace action of the game to create a call that did not exist until you "acted" or "flopped".

That's not a basketball skill. That's a cop out.

Lebron James is one of the weakest superstars in sports history, he is so weak minded, he will say anything to deflect criticisms. He's insecure.

You cannot justify flopping.

It's a competitive game, you are manipulating the rules by faking contact, thus cheating.

The NBA is fining people for it. You think they condone it?

Fck flopping. It's disgusting, and whenever I see it during a game, my faith in the sport dies a little bit.

gilalizard
05-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Ah LeRef...

Billion dollar talent.

2 cent head.

And this:

is one of the most crass, self-serving, anti-basketball attitudes to ever disgrace the game.

LongLiveTheKing
05-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Also LeBron never said he flops he just says some guys do.

Kaspah
05-28-2013, 08:14 PM
D wades quote is just... Horrible.

That is absolutely terrible.

poido123
05-28-2013, 08:15 PM
flopping is also part of the game when it is not called. according to rule books, both flopping and giving someone a shove are against the rules.
Setting illegal screen by putting your elbow out or using your hands to stop someone instead of predicting their movement and being at that place is also dirty but it is not called dirty because everyone is scared of being called a *****.
according to you boxing is a ***** sport because they are not allowed to hit anywhere on the body. lots of shots that are not allowed are let go by refs a lot of times in boxing too but that doesn't make those shots part of the game.
flopping doesn't hurt anyone and illegal screens don't hurt anyone for most part. all they do is give unfair advantage to the other team. it is just that illegal screens that don't get called are more in number than flops that are not penalized. for 1 flop there are 10+ illegal screens that are not called.

Dude, you and your other Heat fans get upset at people calling out the reffing, yet Lebron and Wade openly admit to cheating?

You have no case for calling out ISH posters for an agenda when it is now fact that players on your team flop to get an advantage.

I bet some of you are crying inside, i can tell because you guys are trying to justify cheating/flopping as a part of the game :facepalm:

G-Funk
05-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Flopping little bitch

G-Funk
05-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Im disgusted by both players quotes, specially Wades. SMH

hitmanyr2k
05-28-2013, 08:16 PM
If only Jordan were still around to tell these bitches what he thinks of flopping :oldlol:

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/3708/jordanhatesfloppers.gif

Heavincent
05-28-2013, 08:17 PM

I'm perfectly fine with pushing and some physical play. There's nothing wrong with that. It's actually a natural part of the game. Play a pickup game and there's gonna be a little pushing and shoving. What you won't see is dudes flopping around like soccer players, because it's completely artificial. It doesn't belong in the sport. Are you telling me that if flopping is completely outlawed, you want to see any form of physical play removed as well?

I've seen plenty of illegal screen calls this year.

according to you boxing is a ***** sport because they are not allowed to hit anywhere on the body.

What the hell kind of boxing are you watching?

G-Funk
05-28-2013, 08:18 PM

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/LeBron-Flopping.gif

G-Funk
05-28-2013, 08:19 PM
If only Jordan were still around to tell these bitches what he thinks of flopping :oldlol:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-28-2013, 08:23 PM

:pimp:

Nick Young
05-28-2013, 08:26 PM
LeFlop strikes again:facepalm

The-Legend-24
05-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Dude is a bonafide fa99it. That whole team is bitchmade.

poido123
05-28-2013, 08:27 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-flopping-not-even-bad-thing-173034574.html

This article he says that he doesn't(which he clearly does, there's video evidence) But says that its ok for teams to do it to get an advantage. In other words, Lebron will do it if neccessary to help the team.

I'll ask you, do you believe that Lebron flops?

poido123
05-28-2013, 08:28 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/LeBron-Flopping.gif

Disgusting.

poido123
05-28-2013, 08:34 PM

Can we allow Jordan to go nuts on PED's and play at 50, to sort out these wimps of basketball?

Man, I'd love to see Jordan get in Lebron and Wade's faces and tell them they are the face of the league, now act like it. Along with the trashtalk that Im sure he would make them feel one inch tall :lol:

Someone needs to purify this shit. I don't like the way the league is going, we as fans deserve better than this. I love basketball, which is why I still watch it, but gone are the days of pure basketball, this Heat era is a soap opera.

Bballfinest
05-28-2013, 09:16 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img203/3708/jordanhatesfloppers.gif[/QUOTE]
Damn, I miss Jordan... Hahahaha... hated his ass in the 90's (Magic Johnson fan) but find myself wishing the NBA would be a bit more bad@ss like how it used to be. Even if I had to watch countless MJ nut sucking on ESPN, it's still 10x better then hearing about how great Lebron is.

NumberSix
05-28-2013, 09:21 PM
wahhh! OMG! I can't stop crying. WAHHHH.
:wtf:

RedBlackAttack
05-28-2013, 09:28 PM

Agreed. It would happen occasionally, but James wasn't even close to the biggest flopper on the team in those years. That was Anderson Varejao.

Funny thing is, Andy doesn't flop nearly as much, while James has gone to Miami and become notorious for it.

poido123
05-28-2013, 09:37 PM
:wtf:

:applause:

Funny if this is the way you act in real life. F*cking F*ggot.

LongLiveTheKing
05-28-2013, 09:41 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-flopping-not-even-bad-thing-173034574.html

This article he says that he doesn't(which he clearly does, there's video evidence) But says that its ok for teams to do it to get an advantage. In other words, Lebron will do it if neccessary to help the team.

I'll ask you, do you believe that Lebron flops?
Well no shit he flops? :confusedshrug:
It's not like he's going to come out and say he's a flopper. :facepalm

Legends66NBA7
05-28-2013, 09:41 PM

Can't really read Jordan's lips, what did he say ?

hitmanyr2k
05-28-2013, 09:45 PM

Can't really read Jordan's lips, what did he say ?

The gif didn't catch the entire thing but Jordan said "All you do is f**kin flop".

Rake2204
05-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Excellent strategery.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg615/weeeeeeez/ku-xlarge_zpsde9a326c.gif

Batz
05-28-2013, 11:39 PM
What a tool. :facepalm

hitmanyr2k
05-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Excellent strategery.

And that's why I feel no sympathy for those bitches when they don't get calls. If they're going to act like that f**k'em :oldlol: Pathetic the best player in the league does shit like that.

And West tries to act just as much after Lebron takes a dive lmao.

Jacks3
05-28-2013, 11:43 PM
Excellent strategery.

Pathetic. :facepalm

Magic 32
05-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Excellent strategery.

Unforgivable. :facepalm

Twiens
05-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Excellent strategery.

bahahahahaaha "I don't flop"

DetroitPistonFan
05-29-2013, 12:02 AM
LeBron: "I don't flop."

Then...

LeBron: "Flopping is a good strategy."

:oldlol: :facepalm

gilalizard
05-29-2013, 12:05 AM
Excellent strategery.

Goddam that's pathetic.

The dude is a generational talent, and he's got the mind of a punk journeyman. He really doesn't give a damn how much it breaks the game.

Lakers2877
05-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Saw that. Dummy

AndOn3
05-29-2013, 12:06 AM
like I said, he's smart

DetroitPistonFan
05-29-2013, 12:08 AM
like I said, he's smart
LeBron plays defense like a girl.

Batz
05-29-2013, 12:09 AM
like I said, he's smart
He didn't get the call.

Young X
05-29-2013, 12:16 AM

I'm stealing this gif :bowdown:

Goldrush25
05-29-2013, 12:19 AM
It is an effective strategy. If it weren't no one would be doing it.

WRs in football fail their arms all the time to induce pass interference calls in football yet no one talks about them. If you get a ref to make the call against you then then good for you.

Whether you respect it or not is another story but there is no doubt that it's effective.

9erempiree
05-29-2013, 12:22 AM
And this:

is one of the most crass, self-serving, anti-basketball attitudes to ever disgrace the game.

That is pathetic on so many levels.

Really? No basketball without flopping?

Without flopping there will still be a ball and a basket.

poido123
05-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Well no shit he flops? :confusedshrug:
It's not like he's going to come out and say he's a flopper. :facepalm

Ok.

Well, what I say about the Heat and the refs is not agenda driven. Its fact, that that they cheat to get an advantage.

What I would ask myself as a Heat fan is, do I want to support a team that cheats to win? Flopping and taking shortcuts is something that is slowly killing this league. Battier, Wade, Bosh, and James all flop. Its disgusting.

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-29-2013, 12:56 AM
GOAT FLOP

http://youtu.be/zwQoGsv_eFE

MavsSuperFan
05-29-2013, 12:59 AM
Excellent strategery.

in Lebrons defense they are both flopping there. Lebron is only reacting to his flop.

kamil
05-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Every arena in the NBA should be chanting 'he's a flopper' when wade and lebron* go to the line. Make it known to these douchebags the fans see right through their tactics.

PickernRoller
05-29-2013, 01:05 AM
Fraud.

ripthekik
05-29-2013, 08:28 AM
And after the NBA officially announced how they were against flopping and how it was bad for the game, their poster boy comes out and say this :lol

maybe the foul out was a F U from Stern