PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Rockets looking to trade trob to free up cap space for Dwight

Levity
05-30-2013, 06:39 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--houston-rockets-trying-to-trade-thomas-robinson-to-free-up-cap-space-for-run-at-dwight-howard-215915027.html

The Houston Rockets are determined to trade forward Thomas Robinson – the fifth pick in the 2012 NBA draft – to create salary-cap space for the pursuit of Los Angeles Lakers' free-agent superstar Dwight Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports

If they are able to move Robinson, they could potentially offer Dwight $20.5 million annually. Woj is also reporting that dwight is indeed intrigued by the Rockets, citing Harden and Parsons as big reasons why. Were still about a month away from when teams can talk to free agents. Get ready for a roller coaster, ISH.

Fudge
05-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Sucks for T-Rob... 3 teams before heading into his 2nd season. :oldlol:

305Baller
05-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Lin might be moved prob

RossTalksSports
05-30-2013, 06:52 PM
This would be a good move for Dwight and the Rockets. I don't think he can handle the heat in LA. Plus being in Houston with Kevin McHale in his ear every day might be just what he needs.

Shepseskaf
05-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Why did Morey trade for Robinson in the first place?

Should have kept Patterson and Morris.

Trentknicks
05-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Lol, Knicks will give them their 2nd rounder (via Okc) for next season in exchange for T-Rob.

Haymaker
05-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Bring T-Rob to SA. :applause: We will mold him.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Is TRob a bad player or is are these just two really unfortunate circumstances?

Xiao Yao You
05-30-2013, 07:00 PM
Lin might be moved prob

Doubt it. They brought him there for more than just basketball reasons. Asik will be moved. Rockets will be sorry.

LLK21
05-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Dwightmare 2.0

Levity
05-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Is TRob a bad player or is are these just two really unfortunate circumstances?

yeah, it was two bad situations for t rob. Houston was in the playoff race, so they really didnt want to try to develop him during that time. He'll most likely go to a non play off team, maybe even the suns, where hopefully he'll get consistent minutes next season.

Xiao Yao You
05-30-2013, 07:05 PM

Got him as an asset like all the other young guys he's been piling up.

Knicks will give them their 2nd rounder (via Okc) for next season in exchange for T-Rob.

Too young for the Knicks and they won't give him away.

Trentknicks
05-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Got him as an asset like all the other young guys he's been piling up.

Too young for the Knicks and they won't give him away.
Hahaha, wish we could give them our 24th pick for him but can't trade away picks in consecutive seasons.

Fudge
05-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Did McHale even give the dude a chance? I don't think I've seen him play in uniform once. They traded some good players for him too.

Levity
05-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Hahaha, wish we could give them our 24th pick for him but can't trade away picks in consecutive seasons.

They're actually looking to trade him to a team that can absorb salary. They pretty much want nothing back but cap space. So i dont think Knicks could have traded for him, regardless. Most likely, a lottery team will pick him up IE Suns, Cats.

Shepseskaf
05-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Asik will be moved. Rockets will be sorry.
Couldn't agree more. Morey lives to make deals. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Eventually, Houston will become a train wreck with no stability.

Levity
05-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Did McHale even give the dude a chance? I don't think I've seen him play in uniform once. They traded some good players for him too.

he played a handful of games with limited minutes. Mchale was trying to cement a play off spot, while giving his rookies some burn. He had montejuanas and trob at the 4 to share minutes. Ultimately, he went small ball and played parsons/deflino there.

in those limited minutes on teh floor, T rob didnt perform well enough to earn those minutes on a consistent basis. But hes only a rookie, who didnt even go through training camp with the team he finished the season with. I dont know if they legitimately want to trade him, or just see him as a decent trade chip in hopes of getting cap space back in return.

Trentknicks
05-30-2013, 07:17 PM
he played a handful of games with limited minutes. Mchale was trying to cement a play off spot, while giving his rookies some burn. He had montejuanas and trob at the 4 to share minutes. Ultimately, he went small ball and played parsons/deflino there.

in those limited minutes on teh floor, T rob didnt perform well enough to earn those minutes on a consistent basis. But hes only a rookie, who didnt even go through training camp with the team he finished the season with. I dont know if they legitimately want to trade him, or just see him as a decent trade chip in hopes of getting cap space back in return.
Seems funny considering he was one of the most sure things, if not the most sure in last years draft. Plenty of mock drafts had him going to charlotte at no.2 and said he would be a legit 20/10 guy in this league. Just needs a chance and I feel someone will reap the rewards for letting him develop one season.

All Net
05-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Rockets would plan to keep Asik/dwight if they get him...

longtime lurker
05-30-2013, 07:20 PM
All this just to see Dwight resign with LA

STATUTORY
05-30-2013, 07:30 PM

I think he's like a armchair nerd who's been given real power. like when you play the association mode in 2k13 you make trades just to make trades get marginally more talented players with no regard to team chemistry

Shepseskaf
05-30-2013, 07:34 PM
I think he's like a armchair nerd who's been given real power. like when you play the association mode in 2k13 you make trades just to make trades get marginally more talented players with no regard to team chemistry
I think you're right.

bagelred
05-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Sooooooo, Morey needs to dump salary to create cap space, eh? Well, looks like the shoe is on the other foot, THIS TIME!!!......evill laughter....EVIL LAUGHTER.....EVIL LAUGHTER............

:ohwell:

Shepseskaf
05-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Sooooooo, Morey needs to dump salary to create cap space, eh? Well, looks like the shoe is on the other foot, THIS TIME!!!......evill laughter....EVIL LAUGHTER.....EVIL LAUGHTER............

:ohwell:
Explanation?

longtime lurker
05-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Explanation?

Knicks 2010 plan and the T-mac trade? Thought you were a Knicks fan

Levity
05-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Explanation?

I think this is in regards to how Morey upped the deal for Lin, so the Knicks would have to pay a lot more to retain him. Or something along those lines.

hawkfan
05-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Howard and Asik won't work, since Asik doesn't have a great outside game.

Terrible move by Houston. Keep Asik and spend money elsewhere.

Robinson will be easy to trade, so long as Houston doesn't demand too much (maybe a future pick top 18 protected).

bagelred
05-30-2013, 07:39 PM

Somebody's paying attention. :cheers:

Shepseskaf
05-30-2013, 07:45 PM
I am.

All Net
05-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Howard and Asik won't work, since Asik doesn't have a great outside game.

Terrible move by Houston. Keep Asik and spend money elsewhere.

Robinson will be easy to trade, so long as Houston doesn't demand too much (maybe a future pick top 18 protected).

Dwight is a top 5 player when heathly it's worth it

Dwight/Asik would beast defensively..teams would struggle to get any boards.

Shepseskaf
05-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Somebody's paying attention. :cheers:
You actually posted something not pertaining to Lin? :eek:

That's why I asked.

veilside23
05-30-2013, 07:48 PM
who is high on trob? maybe good for a 2nd rounder so do we consider trob as a bust?

good move for twight if he gets there

lin harden garcia can all shoot ..

Levity
05-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Dwight is a top 5 player when heathly it's worth it

Dwight/Asik would beast defensively..teams would struggle to get any boards.

They would absolultely dominate the paint on D and close down so many lanes. But if this was to happen, the ROckets would have to drastically change up their offense. theyre currently running a 4 out, 1 in motion. ANd since neither asik or dwight have a decent jumpshot, they'll have to run a 3-2, which closes a lot of open lanes on offense that theyre accustomed to. Still, it could work.

Shepseskaf
05-30-2013, 07:52 PM
They would absolultely dominate the paint on D and close down so many lanes. But if this was to happen, the ROckets would have to drastically change up their offense. theyre currently running a 4 out, 1 in motion. ANd since neither asik or dwight have a decent jumpshot, they'll have to run a 3-2, which closes a lot of open lanes on offense that theyre accustomed to. Still, it could work.
Absolutely, it could work. And McHale is the perfect coach to implement it.

All Net
05-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Agreed

Would be damn hard to drive the lane with those two...most teams have no center yet Houston could have two very good ones.

veilside23
05-30-2013, 07:54 PM
if this happens that asik / d12 duo will be deadly .. am pretty sure mchale can teach a thing or 2 to d12.

longtime lurker
With Lin Harden and Parsons on the team how long before Dwight starts complaining about touches?

niko
Agreed

Would be damn hard to drive the lane with those two...most teams have no center yet Houston could have two very good ones.

You can't play offense like that. You'd be playing three on five, two on five in Lin is not playing well like he was so often. You'd have zero spacing.

Shepseskaf
05-30-2013, 07:57 PM
With Lin Harden and Parsons on the team how long before Dwight starts complaining about touches?
Harden is the only one with the green light. Parsons would get less shots in deference to DHo, and Lin might be coming off the bench.

CanYouDigIt
05-30-2013, 07:59 PM
http://gyazo.com/396724922d4099df4deaed8430edd079.png

Why not? This frees HOU 10 Million in cap.

Boston gets a scoring PG in Lin.
And new bigs in Asik and T-Rob, which they need desperately.

SpecialQue
05-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Awesome. Can't wait to see the Houston Magic become a force!

veilside23
05-30-2013, 08:10 PM

quite interesting...

if its just trob on lin i would have declined it... but i dont know if they are ready to give up both proven players to a proven player and a decent bigman and a tweener

maybeshewill13
05-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Asik to OKC :rockon:

longtime lurker
05-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Harden is the only one with the green light. Parsons would get less shots in deference to DHo, and Lin might be coming off the bench.

No Kobe and Steve Blake still managed to score more than Dwight Howard. I can't imagine how he'll feel when guys that are capable scorers are shooting open shots instead of pounding the ball into him every play. Everybody is always to blame except Dwight.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-30-2013, 08:16 PM
horrible trade for the celtics imo. they're not paying that much for a backup pg.

PleezeBelieve
05-30-2013, 08:18 PM
I called this guy the next Kurt Thomas.

Sounds like I was right again

Trentknicks
05-30-2013, 08:20 PM
I called this guy the next Kurt Thomas.

Sounds like I was right again
While your at it, please tell us more about Kyrie :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

CanYouDigIt
05-30-2013, 08:21 PM
horrible trade for the celtics imo. they're not paying that much for a backup pg.
At this point of Rondo's career, he NEEDS to know how to shoot a jumper and score. If he fails to do so then I can't see how he will be the corner stone of the Celtics.

Kews1
05-30-2013, 08:25 PM

no thank you, not interested in Jeremy ****ing Lin and 10 million extra salary.

DStebb716
05-30-2013, 08:40 PM
I'll take TRob in NY. If they're doing it as a salary dumb, a future 2nd should do it.

ElPigto
05-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Hoping we get Dwight Howard. Ideally, I'd prefer Lamarcus Aldridge and keeping Omer Asik, but sadly Lamarcus is not a free agent this year nor is he available for trade :\.

All Net
05-30-2013, 08:46 PM
You can't play offense like that. You'd be playing three on five, two on five in Lin is not playing well like he was so often. You'd have zero spacing.

Heathly dwight is still a 20 point per game scorer..it wouldn't be as bad as you think.

Odinn
05-30-2013, 08:51 PM
I hope that Dwight will not be a Rocket. After the Lakers, the Rockets one of the greater teams as for center tradition. And with his attitude, he won't deserve to be called next to Moses Malone and Hakeem Olajuwon. Or even Yao Ming.

andremiller07
05-30-2013, 10:01 PM

First time Kings won a trade in a while, I knew it was only a matter of time before they try to trade T-Rob hes no where near in talent what D-mo/T-Jones are and those hands are just as awful as it gets.

Xsatyr
05-30-2013, 11:13 PM
First time Kings won a trade in a while, I knew it was only a matter of time before they try to try T-Rob hes no where near in talent what D-mo/T-Jones are and those hands are just as awful as it gets.

It was still a good trade for the Rockets for clearing cap space. Patterson is a non-factor.

melih69
05-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Asik to OKC :rockon:
:cheers:

Mr Exlax
05-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Shit I gotta hurry up and get his jersey before we trade him. I love this guy!

iDunk
05-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Knicks send:
Steve Novak
James White (non-guaranteed)

Knicks receive:
Thomas Robinson
Greg Stiemsma
Mikael Gelabale (non-guaranteed)

Rockets send:
Thomas Robinson

Rockets receive:

Timberwolves send:
Greg Stiemsma

Timberwolves receive:
Steve Novak

Why?

- Knicks at the cost of their pick & Novak get a young PF who was a top 5 pick last season. Also receive Greg Stiemsma who adds front court depth. They could give Gelabale a training camp invite to decide on him or just let him go.

- Rockets reportedly want to shed salary by ridding of Thomas Robinson & this trade allows them do exactly that. James White could be waived.

- Timberwolves get rid of 2 players that aren't really that valuable for them & turn them into a pure shooter in Steve Novak. Novak would thrive playing with Rubio & would get much more open shots than he's getting now. Wolves also turn their two low 2nd round picks into a pretty high one at #34.

Bandito
05-30-2013, 11:52 PM
Seems funny considering he was one of the most sure things, if not the most sure in last years draft. Plenty of mock drafts had him going to charlotte at no.2 and said he would be a legit 20/10 guy in this league. Just needs a chance and I feel someone will reap the rewards for letting him develop one season.
They should trade him to the Lakers if Dwight doesn't want to be there. Maybe he'll flourish under the Hollywood Lights...

bmd
05-31-2013, 12:04 AM
Rockets aren't getting rid of Asik.

They don't need to.

Plus, a big problem for the Rockets this year was the lack of a back up center. The team was great with Asik on the floor... but once he went to the bench to rest, the team goes to crap.

Dwight and Asik splitting minutes and also playing at the same time would solve one of Houston's problems, and also give them the PF they really lacked this year.

Kurosawa0
05-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Cavs outta give them the 2 second round picks they've got.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Rockets aren't getting rid of Asik.

They don't need to.

Plus, a big problem for the Rockets this year was the lack of a back up center. The team was great with Asik on the floor... but once he went to the bench to rest, the team goes to crap.

Dwight and Asik splitting minutes and also playing at the same time would solve one of Houston's problems, and also give them the PF they really lacked this year.

lol...what spacing they will have...asik + howard...lol...enjoy it

brantonli
05-31-2013, 01:04 AM
Couldn't agree more. Morey lives to make deals. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Eventually, Houston will become a train wreck with no stability.

Lol have you seen the Rockets roster turnover in the last few season? Stability isn't a word the Rockets use at all, heck only Greg Smith and Chandler Parsons are left over from the 11-12 team, and I don't think anybody from the 10-11 team is on the Rockets any more. While it may seem completely destructive from a team chemistry point of view, why keep the same team if it's going to keep you in mediocrity? In that sense, it's a tiny bit like the Spurs, apart from the Big three, all the other players are pretty much dispensable as long as somebody who fits their system comes along.

Shepseskaf
05-31-2013, 01:18 AM
It was still a good trade for the Rockets for clearing cap space. Patterson is a non-factor.
I disagree. Patterson is a solid PF capable of giving you 15/7 on any given night. That's hardly being a "non-factor"

Plus, he's a strong locker room presence and glue guy.

And, as a Knicks fan, I don't want Robinson. I think he's a bust.

The-Legend-24
05-31-2013, 01:22 AM
Can this fa99it just say what team he wants to go to, and get this shit over with, this dude is annoying as fvck.

Shepseskaf
05-31-2013, 01:24 AM
In that sense, it's a tiny bit like the Spurs, apart from the Big three, all the other players are pretty much dispensable as long as somebody who fits their system comes along.
I would take the Spurs FO over Morey in a heartbeat, and I'm sure you would too.

Its not the constant change that's a problem, its that Morey is like a mad scientist with a bunch of chemicals. He just throws stuff together to see if it works, rather than considering things like how a player really fits.

Morey likes to make big publicity splashes too much. Yes, he can make a good move every now and then, but I just have a feeling that its going to end badly for him and the Rockets.

daily
05-31-2013, 01:30 AM
Can this fa99it just say what team he wants to go to, and get this shit over with, this dude is annoying as fvck.:facepalm

He can't talk to teams yet. have to wait for the season to be over when he becomes a free agent

Shepseskaf
05-31-2013, 01:48 AM
I'll take TRob in NY. If they're doing it as a salary dumb, a future 2nd should do it.
Bad move. He's all "potential" with low bb IQ and questionable heart/aggressiveness.

Disappeared too much in college and obviously isn't getting it done in practice now, because he's like a hot potato.

Harrison Barnes had the same label out of college, but he quickly proved himself. I don't think Robinson will.

HarryCallahan
05-31-2013, 01:52 AM
Knicks send:
Steve Novak

Knicks receive:
Thomas Robinson
Greg Stiemsma

Rockets send:
Thomas Robinson

Rockets receive:

Timberwolves send:
Greg Stiemsma

Timberwolves receive:
Steve Novak

Why don't the Heat just give you lbj for James White? Mavs will send Dirk for Novak too.

:rolleyes:

brantonli
05-31-2013, 02:35 AM
I would take the Spurs FO over Morey in a heartbeat, and I'm sure you would too.

Its not the constant change that's a problem, its that Morey is like a mad scientist with a bunch of chemicals. He just throws stuff together to see if it works, rather than considering things like how a player really fits.

Morey likes to make big publicity splashes too much. Yes, he can make a good move every now and then, but I just have a feeling that its going to end badly for him and the Rockets.

I can see how you might think that, but I disagree that Morey likes the 'big splashy' moves. Morey admitted that both the Asik and Lin signing were very long shots, and they had been expecting no massive change in roster movement (apart from constantly trying to get Dwight). Now you can tell I'm a big Morey supporter, and I think his method makes sense. The Rockets fielded two essentially different team for the 11 and 12 season, and in both they came very close to making the playoffs, so I think he picks the players he wants quite carefully too.

As for Robinson, I'm honestly surprised that he is bein moved rather than Donuts or Jones, although Jones has been a far better contributor than Robinson at this point.

Shepseskaf
05-31-2013, 04:28 AM
I can see how you might think that, but I disagree that Morey likes the 'big splashy' moves. Morey admitted that both the Asik and Lin signing were very long shots, and they had been expecting no massive change in roster movement (apart from constantly trying to get Dwight). Now you can tell I'm a big Morey supporter, and I think his method makes sense. The Rockets fielded two essentially different team for the 11 and 12 season, and in both they came very close to making the playoffs, so I think he picks the players he wants quite carefully too.
I don't. If Harden had re-signed with OKC, the Rockets' season would have been a huge disaster.

Any knowledgeable Knicks fan could have told Morey that signing Lin for $25 million was a huge mistake, and that's turned out to be true. I think he got lucky with Asik, now let's see if makes another mistake and ships him out.

If you look at Houston's personnel moves under Morey, there is a clear sense that he likes to make deals to make them, and tries too hard to look smarter than anyone else. At least, that's my opinion.

SpurrDurr
05-31-2013, 05:21 AM
Why do the Rockets don't try to sign J-Smoove? He's not gonna eat up all the cap space like Dwight and Asik looked great this season and it comes rather cheap except last year of contract.

Asik and J Smith would be really a good duo, especially defensively and if they can manage to ship Lin they can even sign another big contract.

Xsatyr
05-31-2013, 05:34 AM
I disagree. Patterson is a solid PF capable of giving you 15/7 on any given night. That's hardly being a "non-factor"

The guy was inconsistent and capable of giving up more than he scores. Not to mention he is a poor rebounder.

andremiller07
05-31-2013, 05:37 AM

Summed up very well, hopefully Patterson is the starting PF for the Kings this season I reckon he will shine. Dudes a baller and all the talk how he can't D is way exaggerated, dude has high IQ he knows what hes doing both ends.

SpurrDurr
05-31-2013, 06:00 AM
Summed up very well, hopefully Patterson is the starting PF for the Kings this season I reckon he will shine. Dudes a baller and all the talk how he can't D is way exaggerated, dude has high IQ he knows what hes doing both ends.

I agree, he was the steal on that trade.
Offensively is a well rounded player, can shoot 3s and can stretch the D.
Plus he seems like a serious guy, that can only do good to the young Kings.

El Kabong
05-31-2013, 07:16 AM
I agree, he was the steal on that trade.
Offensively is a well rounded player, can shoot 3s and can stretch the D.
Plus he seems like a serious guy, that can only do good to the young Kings.
Played at Kentucky with DMC too, part of the reason they got him, hoping he'd have a positive effect on Cousins.

Shepseskaf
05-31-2013, 07:24 AM
The guy was inconsistent and capable of giving up more than he scores. Not to mention he is a poor rebounder.
Patterson only plays about 20 minutes a game. Per 36 minutes, he puts up 14/7.

I'll go out on a limb and say that if he gets at least 30 minutes a game, his numbers will be better. He does need to improve his rebounding and consistency, though.

brantonli
05-31-2013, 08:09 AM
I don't. If Harden had re-signed with OKC, the Rockets' season would have been a huge disaster.

Any knowledgeable Knicks fan could have told Morey that signing Lin for $25 million was a huge mistake, and that's turned out to be true. I think he got lucky with Asik, now let's see if makes another mistake and ships him out.

If you look at Houston's personnel moves under Morey, there is a clear sense that he likes to make deals to make them, and tries too hard to look smarter than anyone else. At least, that's my opinion.

It was known that Morey had been coveting Asik ever since he entered the league (he offered Courtney Lee + 2nd rounder for Asik but Chicago refused), so if anything, he scouted out Asik pretty well. Lin I would agree, I don't think Morey considered that a serious option until Dolan got his temper up and refused to match. There is always a plan to Morey's moves though. Collect enough assets, then ship them out to get that big star (or two) and win a championship. He's aimed to do that so many times (Suns: Stoudemire for Scola and Battier). Maybe it's because he's always targeting the big name players, so he seems like he makes deals to make deals, but the truth is, when you have an owner who has had 3 losing season in his 20 year ownership, suggesting tanking isn't a really an option.

I'm surprised you didn't bring up Morey's biggest mistake ever, trading for Terrence Williams (costing us this year's draft pick) and the parade of 2009 top 10 picks. That really did show Morey's willingness to gamble, but he mostly gambles with 2nd round picks rather than 1st round or FA signings.

LosBulls
05-31-2013, 08:45 AM
Bring T-Rob to SA. :applause: We will mold him.
Yes. This. I really want to see Thomas Robison be succesful and I believe he is a very talented player, i'm sure that he can learn from Duncan as Duncan learned from The Admiral David Robinson.

Shepseskaf
05-31-2013, 10:40 AM
It was known that Morey had been coveting Asik ever since he entered the league (he offered Courtney Lee + 2nd rounder for Asik but Chicago refused), so if anything, he scouted out Asik pretty well.

I'm surprised you didn't bring up Morey's biggest mistake ever, trading for Terrence Williams (costing us this year's draft pick) and the parade of 2009 top 10 picks. That really did show Morey's willingness to gamble, but he mostly gambles with 2nd round picks rather than 1st round or FA signings.
To be honest, I've watched Morey's many trades and deals as a non-fan of the Rockets. It was just my perception that every time his name popped up in the news, it was some flashy move, some which were very questionable.

I'll concede to not knowing that he had coveted Asik for a while, or remembering the specifics of the T. Williams situation.

LBJMVP
05-31-2013, 11:52 AM
cleveland gonna get him

CanYouDigIt
05-31-2013, 11:59 AM
cleveland gonna get him
T-Rob for Gee + 2014 2nd Round Pick

Kurosawa0
05-31-2013, 12:03 PM
I think you shop Asik if you get Howard. He'd a great backup, but he's also got pretty high value right now. It'd have to be a really nice player coming back though.

LBJMVP
05-31-2013, 12:08 PM
T-Rob for Gee + 2014 2nd Round Pick

nope... maybe that pick and some trade exception money.

wally_world
05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Suns will give u a couple of future picks for him

brantonli
05-31-2013, 12:41 PM
To be honest, I've watched Morey's many trades and deals as a non-fan of the Rockets. It was just my perception that every time his name popped up in the news, it was some flashy move, some which were very questionable.

I'll concede to not knowing that he had coveted Asik for a while, or remembering the specifics of the T. Williams situation.

having a proper basketball discussion on ISH, it's too rare :bowdown:

Xsatyr
05-31-2013, 05:44 PM
Patterson only plays about 20 minutes a game. Per 36 minutes, he puts up 14/7.

I'll go out on a limb and say that if he gets at least 30 minutes a game, his numbers will be better. He does need to improve his rebounding and consistency, though.

Per 36? Really? You give him over thirty minutes and opposing teams will take advantage of him on the defensive end. He gives up as much as he scores.

andremiller07
06-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Per 36? Really? You give him over thirty minutes and opposing teams will take advantage of him on the defensive end. He gives up as much as he scores.
During the time he was on the Kings his defense was excellent, small sample I know but still 20 or so games of good D is nothing to be frowned upon. He's a excellent glue guy not sure why he gets hated on so hard by Rockets fans.

PickernRoller
06-01-2013, 03:00 AM
Awesome. Can't wait to see the Houston Magic become a force!

Thought you were a Laker fan? Can't root for guys to leave us? Disappointed.

Dwight will decide his own fate - rings or no rings.

All Net
06-01-2013, 04:10 AM
Dwight to Houston seems really possible from the sounds.

Shepseskaf
06-01-2013, 06:47 AM
You give him over thirty minutes and opposing teams will take advantage of him on the defensive end. He gives up as much as he scores.
Let's say I don't believe you. How do you support this statement?

Shade8780
06-01-2013, 07:01 AM
What would the Celtics need to give up to get him?

Fallen Angel
06-01-2013, 07:15 AM

Anyone who has watched him play would believe him.

UConnCeltics
06-01-2013, 07:57 AM
What would the Celtics need to give up to get him?
Celtics could trade just #16 and get him, they have the cap room.

CanYouDigIt
06-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Celtics could trade just #16 and get him, they have the cap room.
Jeff Green + #16 for T-Rob + Asik

TheAesirsFinest
06-01-2013, 12:28 PM

Allow me to chime in, please.

While I liked PatPat's willingness to expand his game (unfortunately not the way I had wanted - he became a jump shooting PF) and dedication to the team (by accepting coming off the bench after healing from an injury), his overall impact on the game wasn't as great as his numbers suggest. You know how a couple possessions will pass by and you never once think of a player i.e. that player was a non-factor for those possessions? That happened to PatPat too often. His buckets were usually "given" by the defense as mid-range Js or corner 3s set up by our offense, neither of which put pressure on the opponent. There were a few games where his shooting proved to be one of the key factors to winning, but he was a role player...an average one at that. His PnR defense was alright (iirc) due to his quick feet, but his team defense was still poor due to his very low intimidation factor and inefficient rotational defense (though our rotations were spotty as an overall team).

Xsatyr
06-01-2013, 12:43 PM

I am going by the eye test. I've watched the guy play night in and night out and seen him get lit up or fail defensive rotations. He has no desire to protect the paint either. Do you think it's a coincidence that so many Rockets fans do not care for him? His scoring was fool's gold as well. If he is not scoring then he is useless and his scoring is inconsistent. Why do think he rarely gets to play over 30 minutes?

Xsatyr
06-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Allow me to chime in, please.

While I liked PatPat's willingness to expand his game (unfortunately not the way I had wanted - he became a jump shooting PF) and dedication to the team (by accepting coming off the bench after healing from an injury), his overall impact on the game wasn't as great as his numbers suggest. You know how a couple possessions will pass by and you never once think of a player i.e. that player was a non-factor for those possessions? That happened to PatPat too often. His buckets were usually "given" by the defense as mid-range Js or corner 3s set up by our offense, neither of which put pressure on the opponent. There were a few games where his shooting proved to be one of the key factors to winning, but he was a role player...an average one at that. His PnR defense was alright (iirc) due to his quick feet, but his team defense was still poor due to his very low intimidation factor and inefficient rotational defense (though our rotations were spotty as an overall team).

And that's why his scoring is fool's gold. He disappears in the final minutes when his shots are contested. He actually disappears for long stretches in general.

brantonli
06-01-2013, 01:03 PM
I still don't understand how a guy with Patpat's bulk and athleticism can morph into a black Donatus. This guy looks like a fricking hulk sometimes and is terrified of contact.

oh and by the way, credit to Horry33 on the BBS. He was at a luncheon for season ticket holders where Morey spoke and answered questions and here's what Morey said about Robinson:

Question: What's the outlook on Thomas Robinson

Daryl Morey: "So Thomas is here today(at Toyota Center). Actually up on our court working out. We have really high hopes for him. I mean, we were never bad enough to draft 5th in the draft and that's where he went. We were high on him. We are still high on him. He was an elite rebounder. Frankly, he came in the middle of the year as a rookie and coach McHale is just trying to win games so at that point we were fighting for our playoff lives so he(Coach McHale) is not looking at can he(Trob) help me win win 2 years from now. He is just trying to win games that night and really no matter where he turned it was good for us because it is a young player who is improving whether it is Thomas, Jones, Donatas, or Greg Smith. So no matter who he picked he was helping both the big picture and winning tonight and Thomas got a decent shot early, he ended up liking Terrence more because he felt he could help us now. Frankly, we are just putting them in the mix and letting the fight it out and may the best man win. We have a lot of good bigs between TJ, Donatas, Thomas, and Greg Smith. And we have potentially a Turkish kidding coming over, Furkan Aldemir, this year. So we are going to let them fight it out."