PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Chris Paul is mad at the Clippers; could go elsewhere per ESPN source

Reverend Hoops
05-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Per "Sauces"

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9327713/chris-paul-upset-los-angeles-clippers-factor-impending-free-agency

Imagine how much blame he would get if they get Byron Scott. :oldlol:

Reverend Hoops
05-31-2013, 12:45 AM
All Sterling had to do was keep his mouth shut. :facepalm

:roll:

Kurosawa0
05-31-2013, 12:46 AM
If I'm Chris Paul, I go to Dallas. I'd rather try to win with Dirk these last few years than Blake Griffin.

Knicksfever2010
05-31-2013, 12:47 AM
http://theknickswall.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/STAT_MELO_CP3.png

Lebron23
05-31-2013, 12:49 AM
If I'm Chris Paul, I go to Dallas. I'd rather try to win with Dirk these last few years than Blake Griffin.

Blake needs to improve his post game. They need to hire a good defensive coach, and sign a bunch of good 3 points shooters.

ispin69
05-31-2013, 12:50 AM

Yes and D12 should follow him. Esp if he wants to play defense and theres no defense in D'antoni-land. Then kobestans bitch about him not scoring enough when he never wanted to be a scoring machine (he would have done that in orlando and be the man and get the most money --- on a non-contender). If he goes to Dallas, Dirk will take care of the offensive side and less pressure on Dwight to score. Dirk needs that defensive stopper next to him anyways. Plus he plays with a legit contemporary in CP3. After one year, Dirk will resign for LESS maybe 8-10mil a year.

Reverend Hoops
05-31-2013, 12:51 AM
Honestly no one screws up an organization like Donald Sterling. He literally had to do/say nothing. :facepalm

oh the horror
05-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Clips getting dangerously close to messing this up

noob cake
05-31-2013, 01:01 AM
Come to Houston, take Lin's job please.

We don't need Dwight.

Paul
Harden
Parsons
Who Cares
Asik

is legit

Ballin095
05-31-2013, 01:20 AM
lol someone on the conversation posted this comment

ALL-NBA COACH KILLER FIRST TEAM

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - DeMarcus Cousins
C - Dwight Howard

6th man - Chris Paul

andremiller07
05-31-2013, 02:32 AM

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - DeMarcus Cousins
C - Dwight Howard

6th man - Chris Paul
Would be a lethal line up on and off the court

Sarcastic
05-31-2013, 02:36 AM

This.

The_Yearning
05-31-2013, 02:45 AM
But didn't he want a black coach?

d.bball.guy
05-31-2013, 02:49 AM
Come to Houston, take Lin's job please.

We don't need Dwight.

Paul
Harden
Parsons
Who Cares
Asik

is legit
That would be one helluva play making back court. Put T-Rob in the 4 and CP3 can help him get better.

SpurrDurr
05-31-2013, 02:50 AM
But didn't he want a black coach?

I've heard that Rick Carlisle was looking for a tanning bed

andremiller07
05-31-2013, 02:51 AM
LMAO good one:bowdown:

bettalaylow
05-31-2013, 03:43 AM
Would be a lethal line up on and off the court

:roll: :roll: so true!!

White Mamba
05-31-2013, 03:47 AM
Just espn being espn.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-31-2013, 03:49 AM
OKC put Westbrook for shooting guard trade Abaka and amnesty Perkins

CP3, Westbrook, Thabo, KD, KG bench have kmart and nick collison and reggie jackson:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

maybeshewill13
05-31-2013, 04:21 AM
OKC put Westbrook for shooting guard trade Abaka and amnesty Perkins

CP3, Westbrook, Thabo, KD, KG bench have kmart and nick collison and reggie jackson:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Any lineup without **** **** piece of shit Perkins :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

senelcoolidge
05-31-2013, 04:42 AM
the source is from ESPN...thread closed. espn is like the national enquirer..pure bullshit. anything to get ratings. not real sports analysis, but sports clips for people with attention disorders.

All Net
05-31-2013, 05:02 AM
Uh oh..

Kiddlovesnets
05-31-2013, 05:15 AM

Mad Knicks fans trolling again, thought they'd settle down a bit after their season was over but clearly I underestimated them.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Purch
05-31-2013, 07:49 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Soundwave
05-31-2013, 07:55 AM
Saw this coming from a mile away. You can't throw your star player under the bus like that. Sterling is a moron. ESPN doesn't have to confirm anything, how do you think Chris Paul feels about this story being out there? Someone in the Clippers front office either leaked it or its a lie, but the Clippers organization hasn't come out and shot it down either.

The NBA gifts him Chris Paul and Sterling screws it up in a couple of years.

niko
05-31-2013, 07:55 AM
Mad Knicks fans trolling again, thought they'd settle down a bit after their season was over but clearly I underestimated them.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Was the Nets fans asking for Millsap, J Smoove and every other good available 4 offering Humphries, Brooks and 2 Junior's cheesecake trolling? Was the Nets fans thinking Phil Jackson would coach their team not trolling then? Was the Nets fan thinking Dwight Howard would get sent to them for Lopez, Hump and the same 2 cheesecake's not trolling?

How come Nets fan's expecting gifts is not trolling?

Kiddlovesnets
05-31-2013, 09:29 AM
Was the Nets fans asking for Millsap, J Smoove and every other good available 4 offering Humphries, Brooks and 2 Junior's cheesecake trolling? Was the Nets fans thinking Phil Jackson would coach their team not trolling then? Was the Nets fan thinking Dwight Howard would get sent to them for Lopez, Hump and the same 2 cheesecake's not trolling?

You comparing those players to CP3?
:rolleyes:

jzek
05-31-2013, 09:45 AM
One logical destination now - New York Knickerbockers

NumberSix
05-31-2013, 09:50 AM
One logical destination now - New York Knickerbockers
They don't have the cap space and they don't have anything LAC would want in a s&t.

Maybe if they trade Melo to LAC. MAYBE.

AintNoSunshine
05-31-2013, 09:56 AM

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - DeMarcus Cousins
C - Dwight Howard

6th man - Chris Paul

This team doesn't need a coach:bowdown:

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-31-2013, 11:50 AM

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - DeMarcus Cousins
C - Dwight Howard

6th man - Chris Paul
why is kobe on this list?

CanYouDigIt
05-31-2013, 11:53 AM

Are you dumb, retarded, or stupid?
http://pandithnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Mike-Brown.jpg

Sarcastic
05-31-2013, 12:11 PM

Did you forget already?

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/kobe-death-stare-mike-brown.gif

Sarcastic
05-31-2013, 12:19 PM

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - DeMarcus Cousins
C - Dwight Howard

6th man - Chris Paul

Pretty sure Lebron would make this list too.

SpecialQue
05-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Wait for Dwight to leave.
Amnesty Metta.
Sign CP3.
Send Kobe to Germany to more "work."
Kidnap Phoenix medical staff.
Fire Pringles.
Get Jeanie's mouth to work to bring Phil back to LA.
LAKERS CHAMPIONSHIP, BABY!!!!

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Are you dumb, retarded, or stupid?
http://pandithnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Mike-Brown.jpg
stay classy :cheers: .

(i see why this stooge has shaq in his avatar)

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-31-2013, 12:32 PM
Did you forget already?

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/kobe-death-stare-mike-brown.gif
i never really thought kobe was responsible for mike brown being canned. maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. but 1 coach during a 17 year career....like cam brady says, i'll take them odds any day.

ZHAKIDD532
05-31-2013, 12:41 PM

We were asking for a digital camera. You're asking for a Aston Martin.

DirkNowitzki41
05-31-2013, 12:45 PM

This, and D12 can come!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

longtime lurker
05-31-2013, 04:51 PM
Lol @ the Clippers always finding a way to screw things up. I bet there are 28 million reasons that Chris Paul will resign with the Clippers.

Sidenote: Is there any possible way that the Knicks could trade for Paul or are they out of consideration because they're over the salary cap?

JohnnyBravo5
05-31-2013, 05:53 PM
if its anywhere its Atl. W have 40 mil in cap space, he's always wanted to play here and we have the top assistant for the team that will win the finals. He'll bring Dwight home and were going to have the big 4

CP3
Korver
Smoove
Horford
Dwight

longtime lurker
05-31-2013, 05:56 PM
if its anywhere its Atl. W have 40 mil in cap space, he's always wanted to play here and we have the top assistant for the team that will win the finals. He'll bring Dwight home and were going to have the big 4

CP3
Korver
Smoove
Horford
Dwight

How the hell are you going to get 3 guys asking roughly for 18 million a piece to fit under 40 million in cap space?

(e)
05-31-2013, 06:00 PM
Dwight and CP to Mavs. Would probably have to be a package deal for Dwight to go, otherwise he goes to the Rockets to play with Harden.

JohnnyBravo5
05-31-2013, 06:11 PM
How the hell are you going to get 3 guys asking roughly for 18 million a piece to fit under 40 million in cap space?

We have Josh's Bird rights and you get Dwight and Paul to agree to Lebron Wade numbers

hawkfan
05-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Howard and Paul should go to Dallas and join Dirk.
If they really want to win a championship.

The Clippers will be fine if Paul leaves. Bledsoe gets more run, and they can go after Al Jefferson and Andre Iguodala, and trade out DeAndre Jordan and Caron Butler.

longtime lurker
05-31-2013, 06:31 PM
We have Josh's Bird rights and you get Dwight and Paul to agree to Lebron Wade numbers

You obviously don't understand how the salary cap works. Bird rights still count under the cap. There's so many things wrong with your post I don't even know where to start.

JohnnyBravo5
05-31-2013, 06:59 PM
You obviously don't understand how the salary cap works. Bird rights still count under the cap. There's so many things wrong with your post I don't even know where to start.

and you know because you read it in Wikipedia? whatever. You can make anything work.

longtime lurker
05-31-2013, 07:23 PM
and you know because you read it in Wikipedia? whatever. You can make anything work.

Because I understand salary cap rules and have common sense. The only way it could work is if both teams agree to a sign and trade which would never happen. Because after Jeff Teague the Hawks don't have a lot of assets.

FreezingTsmoove
05-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Pretty sure Lebron would make this list too.

Lebron single handedly saved Spo's job last year ala Game 6

Thechosen1
05-31-2013, 07:49 PM
so basically the best players in the league are divas? interesting *rolls eyes*

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-31-2013, 07:53 PM
Not sure why he's upset. The guy DID want Vinny fired. :oldlol:

Thechosen1
05-31-2013, 07:57 PM
Not sure why he's upset. The guy DID want Vinny fired. :oldlol:

i dont think hes upset at getting the blame entirely...I think hes upset by the intent on making him the scape goat...its a delicate difference that people arent getting...

i think he knows regardless if del negro got canned he would be looked at already. He probably thinks the principle behind sterling pretending that he as an owner has no power to make decisions because chris paul is their best player is whats fishy to him...and quite frankly,if I was cp3 id leave just for that sloppiness alone..

however 1. We dont even know cp3 is even mad because this "source" hasnt proven a damn thing
2. The GM already came out and said cp3 wasnt the one behind the decision so this thread basically is pointless now

Fiasco
05-31-2013, 08:17 PM
Thank the lord Sacks said something. VDN also goes out of his way to make it clear Sterling wanted VDN gone.

Which is a little relieving but unless Donald Duck dies I'll never feel safe.

Rose'sACL
05-31-2013, 08:21 PM
Because I understand salary cap rules and have common sense. The only way it could work is if both teams agree to a sign and trade which would never happen. Because after Jeff Teague the Hawks don't have a lot of assets.
If i am not wrong, they can sign a player they have bird rights for even if they are over the cap. I might be wrong but i think i read this somewhere.

longtime lurker
05-31-2013, 08:34 PM
If i am not wrong, they can sign a player they have bird rights for even if they are over the cap. I might be wrong but i think i read this somewhere.

You're not wrong, but bird rights doesn't mean that the player's salary magically disappears. It's a complicated process but basically the only way for it to happen without all 3 players choosing to play for 13 million a year is through a sign and trade. That's why I know it's not happening.

JohnnyBravo5
06-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Hollinger broke this down a year ago.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=8124755&src=desktop&wjb

spacebump
06-01-2013, 02:19 PM

He wants to win, not get knocked out of the playoffs early.

Zodiac
06-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Josh is gone just accept that already.

He doesn't want to be here, the fans don't want him here, and the front office won't pay him.

He's getting S&T'ed

MavsSuperFan
06-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Chris Paul has to own up to the fact that he knew that by not defending Vinny he was signing his pink slip.