PDA

View Full Version : Will Kevin Durant, Melo, and Dwayne Wade make it in Hall of fame?

TheReal Kendall
05-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Do you y'all see these guys making the Hall of Fame in the future?

Top 50 or 100?

The way I see it is that there are only a few guys left in the league that are clear cut Hall of Fame guys.

Lebron
Duncan
Kobe
KG
Ray Allen
Nash
Pierce
Dirk
and a few other old guys.

Out of the younger guys that are playing now there's really only Lebron that's a clear cut Hall of Fame guy.

Do you think Durant, Melo, and Wade(teaming up hurt his legacy) will make it?

Are there any other young guys that you think are Hall of Fame bound?

NumberSix
05-31-2013, 05:17 PM
Jason Kidd is an obvious HOFer. Wade is too.

DMAVS41
05-31-2013, 05:19 PM
LOL

Wade, Durant, and Melo will all be first ballot hall of famers.

K Xerxes
Wade without a doubt, Durant VERY likely, Melo probably.

TheReal Kendall
Jason Kidd is an obvious HOFer. Wade is too.

I know Kidd is. I didn't feel like naming all the old guys.

I'm mainly talking bout the guys that came in after 2003.

Why do you say Wade? Cause the 2 rings?

NumberSix
05-31-2013, 05:20 PM
LOL

:wtf:

GrapeApe
How is this even a question?

DMAVS41

He will be. I don't like the idea, but I bet he will be.

NumberSix
05-31-2013, 05:21 PM
I know Kidd is. I didn't feel like naming all the old guys.

I'm mainly talking bout the guys that came in after 2003.

Why do you say Wade? Cause the 2 rings?
IMO, anybody that has an MVP or a FMVP is an automatic HOFer.

TheReal Kendall
05-31-2013, 05:21 PM
LOL

Why do you say Durant and Melo? They haven't won mvps or rings? Only scoring titles

Rose'sACL
05-31-2013, 05:22 PM
no matter how much you hate melo, he is going to be in HOF. there have been worse people inducted into HOF.

LEFT4DEAD
05-31-2013, 05:22 PM
And when you start thinking that ISH can't get any lower, a thread like this one appears. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

TheReal Kendall
05-31-2013, 05:23 PM

I understand that.

But Melo and Durant haven't won those yet. I don't see it happening in the future either.

Legends66NBA7

I see all 3 of them making it, with Melo the only not really being first ballot as of this moment.

Top 50 or 100?

Wade was ranked #29 last year by ISH. I would say Top 25-30 range is about right. Durant is probably Top 50 too. Melo, Top 80 ?

The way I see it is that there are only a few guys left in the league that are clear cut Hall of Fame guys.

Lebron
Duncan
Kobe
KG
Ray Allen
Nash
Pierce
Dirk

How is Pierce more of a clear cut hall of famer than Wade ? Wade has considerably been better than him for years. Ditto for Durant. Even Dwight Howard is more clear cut to me as a hall of famer and again is better than Pierce and even Allen.

Out of the younger guys that are playing now there's really only Lebron that's a clear cut Hall of Fame guy.

An old list I made a while back:

Tim Duncan
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Kevin Garnett
Steve Nash
LeBron James
Dirk Nowtizki
Jason Kidd
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Vince Carter
Manu Ginobilli
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Pau Gasol
Rajon Rondo
Tony Parker
Amare Stoudemire
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Deron Williams
Chris Bosh

^Some might be locks, some need to do more. I base with ability first (since it's the "basketball hall of fame"), so while some of the guys like Amare may not make it, he certainly does deserve some consideration earlier on.

uber
It's the basketball Hall of Fame and not the NBA Hall of Fame.

Melo will make it easy. Olympic gold, NCAA Championship ...

K Xerxes

Glad you agree Rose is already a HOFer. :cheers:

Kurosawa0
Melo is the only question. Durant and Wade would get in if they retired tomorrow.

NumberSix
05-31-2013, 05:24 PM
I understand that.

But Melo and Durant haven't won those yet. I don't see it happening in the future either.
IMO, there's a very strong chance that Durant wins at least 1 MVP.

lilgodfather1
05-31-2013, 05:25 PM

Top 50 or 100?

Lebron
Duncan
Kobe
KG
Ray Allen
Nash
Pierce
Dirk

How can Pau not be on this list, and Kidd, and Manu. Nash? Jamison, and Artest might make it.

For young under 30 guys i've got KD, Paul, Howard, Melo, Griffen, Love as guys who will likely make it.

TheReal Kendall
05-31-2013, 05:25 PM
And when you start thinking that ISH can't get any lower, a thread like this one appears. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Wasn't wrong with this thread?

Do you have these 3 guys in your top 50 all time greats?

I understand Wade but Melo and Durant haven't won anything and probably won't win anything. I like all 3 guys also.

NumberSix
05-31-2013, 05:26 PM
Glad you agree Rose is already a HOFer. :cheers:
The HOF isn't just a list of the best players. It's also the history of the game. The MVP is one of the most significant annual awards. Obviously that is part of the history of the game. You're not gonna just disregard a particular year of the games history.

Rose'sACL
05-31-2013, 05:26 PM
Why do you say Durant and Melo? They haven't won mvps or rings? Only scoring titles
unless durant gets hurt, he is going to win more scoring titles and most probably a couple of MVPs at least. Durant will easily be top 20 all time player even if he doesn't win a single finals unless he chokes multiple times like lebron did in 2011 and even then he probably will get in.
Melo just needs to get knicks into conference finals once and he will be a sure shot to get into HOF.

TheReal Kendall
05-31-2013, 05:29 PM
How is Pierce more of a clear cut hall of famer than Wade ? Wade has considerably been better than him for years. Ditto for Durant. Even Dwight Howard is more clear cut to me as a hall of famer and again is better than Pierce and even Allen.

I was gonna put maybe by Pierce. I don't see Howard as a Hall of Famer. Allen has the all time 3 point record.

NumberSix
05-31-2013, 05:29 PM
How can Pau not be on this list, and Kidd, and Manu. Nash? Jamison, and Artest might make it.

For young under 30 guys i've got KD, Paul, Howard, Melo, Griffen, Love as guys who will likely make it.
Half these guys will be Danny Manning type guys. He was a pretty big deal at one point, but after he's gone, that's it.

We always act like the current big names will all win championships, but there's only one a year. They're hard to come by.

TheReal Kendall
05-31-2013, 05:31 PM
IMO, there's a very strong chance that Durant wins at least 1 MVP.

Yeah when people get tired of giving it to Lebron or Lebron gets hurt for a season(God forbid. I don't wish bad on anybody)

maybeshewill13
05-31-2013, 05:36 PM
Durant is 24 years old and is only starting to hit his prime. He will most likely but it's undetermined yet.

Melo should in no way, shape or form be in the HOF. What's his career accomplishments? Multiple chokes in playoffs and ONE scoring title? Please, it would be an embarrassment to the sport.

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2013, 05:40 PM
I was gonna put maybe by Pierce. I don't see Howard as a Hall of Famer. Allen has the all time 3 point record.

Allen, no doubt. But Howard is better than him in his prime.

Howard's accomplishments:

-5x rebounding champ
-2x block champ
-1x fg% champ
-4x seasons of 20/10
-7x All-Star
-7x All-NBA teams (5x First team; 2x Third team)
-5x All-Defensive teams (4x First team; 1x Second team)
-3x Defensive Player of the Year (First player to win the award 3 consecutive year)
-Been considered the best center in the game for multiple season; Top 3-5 player at his best.
-Lead the Magic to the Finals in 2009.

He's only going to get better here on out, if he's 100% healthy. He's most certainly a first ballot hall of famer and better than Pierce and Allen in his prime. And I don't even like him that much, these days.

Rose'sACL
05-31-2013, 05:41 PM
Melo plays in new york. If he keeps averaging more than 25 PPG for next 3-4 years and gets them out of 1st round every year, he will be in HOF. If he was still playing in denver, there would be some doubt.

TheReal Kendall
05-31-2013, 05:43 PM
Allen, no doubt. But Howard is better than him in his prime.

Howard's accomplishments:

-5x rebounding champ
-2x block champ
-1x fg% champ
-4x seasons of 20/10
-7x All-Star
-7x All-NBA teams (5x First team; 2x Third team)
-5x All-Defensive teams (4x First team; 1x Second team)
-3x Defensive Player of the Year (First player to win the award 3 consecutive year)
-Been considered the best center in the game for multiple season; Top 3-5 player at his best.
-Lead the Magic to the Finals in 2009.

He's only going to get better here on out, if he's 100% healthy. He's most certainly a first ballot hall of famer and better than Pierce and Allen in his prime. And I don't even like him that much, these days.

You right bruh.

SillyRabbit
05-31-2013, 05:45 PM
Durant yes.
Wade most likely.
Melo no.

Frozen1
05-31-2013, 06:13 PM
How are you comparing a guy who has been in the league for only 6 years with guys who are already veterans???

If you actually want to create a good discussion, bring names who have at least close playing experience, or have achieved almost the same things between each other.

By the way, melo and durant haven't done nothing close to what wade has done, they haven't even won a regular season MVP. Wade is a finals MVP and two time NBA champion.

Not saying they won't win a MVP or a ring, but until they win something, they should not be put in the same sentence as players who have won much more than them.

KG215
05-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Durant's made 4 All-NBA 1st teams, 3 scoring titles, been the best player on a team that's made the Finals, and 4 All-Star teams already...he's 24. MVP's and rings aren't the only things that can get you into the HOF.

You don't see Durant ever winning an MVP? You mean the 24 year old, clear-cut 2nd best player in the league who's already finished 2nd in the MVP voting 3 times because of some guy named LeBron? I'm not saying he'll go one to win 3+ MVP's or anything, but there's a VERY good chance he at least wins one at some point.

His career resume is already better than Carmelo's and I think Carmelo is a future HOFer. And barring injury, there's a better than good chance Durant will be this good or better for another 5 seasons or so.

Wade is a definite yes. I don't even know how that could be questioned.

TheReal Kendall
05-31-2013, 06:19 PM
Durant's made 4 All-NBA 1st teams, 3 scoring titles, been the best player on a team that's made the Finals, and 4 All-Star teams already...he's 24. MVP's and rings aren't the only things that can get you into the HOF.

You don't see Durant ever winning an MVP? You mean the 24 year old, clear-cut 2nd best player in the league who's already finished 2nd in the MVP voting 3 times because of some guy named LeBron? I'm not saying he'll go one to win 3+ MVP's or anything, but there's a VERY good chance he at least wins one at some point.

His career resume is already better than Carmelo's and I think Carmelo is a future HOFer. And barring injury, there's a better than good chance Durant will be this good or better for another 5 seasons or so.

Wade is a definite yes. I don't even know how that could be questioned.

I already said he might get 1 MVP

chazzy
05-31-2013, 06:20 PM
It really isn't that hard to make the HOF

RossTalksSports
05-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Jo Jo White and Cedric Maxwell are the two exceptions I believe (both Finals MVPs) Correct me if I've forgotten someone, but every eligible regular season MVP is in

Durant and Wade will both make it in on the strength of their NBA careers, and as advanced metrics become bigger people will see just how good Wade was in those few prime years.
Melo is a lock as well but based on it being a basketball hall of fame and not an NBA hall of fame. He was MOP of the NCAA tournament in 2003 and obviously a national champion. He's won 2 gold medals for team USA and in 08 had the best "olympic season" on the team until the championship game.

tazb
05-31-2013, 06:31 PM
:facepalm of course Wade is first ballot, Durant will eventually get in, and as for Melo....he only has a few more years left to prove he is one.

BoutPractice
05-31-2013, 06:35 PM
Wade and Durant definitely will, Carmelo most likely will (at least eventually).

KG215
05-31-2013, 06:40 PM

A big fat no to the two in bold at this point. Someone like Westbrook would be a better guess for guys that young to make the HOF. I'm not saying it's not at least a tiny bit likely they get in, but at this point in their career I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe they'll be deserving of the HOF at some point. I guess they'd be the type of players that hang around on the ballot forever and eventually get in, but right now their careers don't even have a HOF trajectory in my opinion.

Sarcastic
05-31-2013, 06:58 PM

Not that we didn't know this already, but your opinion is worthless. There are already two Finals MVPs that will never make the HOF (Jo Jo White, Cedric Maxwell), another one that most likely won't (Chauncey Billups), and two others on the cusp but probably will (Tony Parker, Paul Pierce). Finals MVP is by no means a lock for the HOF.

The MVP on the other hand, you are correct is a guaranteed lock. No MVP has ever been left out of the HOF. That means Allen Iverson, Steve Nash, and Derrick Rose (yes him) will all be in the HOF.

Human Error
05-31-2013, 06:59 PM
Wade: lock
Durant: lock
Carmelo: hard to tell, if Zo isn't in HOF, Carmelo shouldn't be in either.

GoSpursGo1984
05-31-2013, 07:33 PM
Jo Jo White and Cedric Maxwell are the two exceptions I believe (both Finals MVPs) Correct me if I've forgotten someone, but every eligible regular season MVP is in

Durant and Wade will both make it in on the strength of their NBA careers, and as advanced metrics become bigger people will see just how good Wade was in those few prime years.
Melo is a lock as well but based on it being a basketball hall of fame and not an NBA hall of fame. He was MOP of the NCAA tournament in 2003 and obviously a national champion. He's won 2 gold medals for team USA and in 08 had the best "olympic season" on the team until the championsh

Melo does have a good enough college/international career but his NBA career just is not good enough. Just having scoring titles is good enough.

FreezingTsmoove
05-31-2013, 08:00 PM
As much as I hate Melo what he did in the 2003 NCAA season will always be remembered by every hardcore college ball fan. He was simply amazing.

iDunk
05-31-2013, 08:02 PM
All 3 will.

steve
05-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Here's something to consider: every single NBA scoring champion that has been eligible for the Hall of Fame is in.

derb2k2
05-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Why would you include Wade on here? 2 titles and a FMVP. He's easily first-ballot. Go look up Wade Clinic on eof th best highlight vids ever.

Durant will be first-ballot in 2 more years.

Melo i'm not sure.

2LeTTeRS
05-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Anybody who claims Melo isn't a HOFer needs to study whose already made it and get back with me. Melo makes it easily.

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-31-2013, 08:59 PM

Top 50 or 100?

Lebron
Duncan
Kobe
KG
Ray Allen
Nash
Pierce
Dirk

of course no question about it

d.bball.guy
05-31-2013, 10:34 PM

This.

LongLiveTheKing
05-31-2013, 10:36 PM
Why the **** wouldn't D-Wade be in the HOF?

Blackisbig
05-31-2013, 10:53 PM
Melo would make it for his college career alone. Add in his NBA accolades and he makes it without a doubt.

Shepseskaf
05-31-2013, 11:54 PM
Billups isn't getting in.

KG215
06-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Melo would make it for his college career alone.
No, he wouldn't.

Lebron23
06-01-2013, 02:43 AM
All of them are future hall of famers.

Kevin Durant is a multiple time NBA Scoring champion, led the thunder in the NBA Finals, and he's gonna be a top 3 SF once he retires in the NBA.

Dwayne Wade - He led the Miami Heat in the 2006 NBA Championship, one of the best shooting guard in the 2000's, and a legit MVP Candidate in the 2009/10 NBA Season.

Carmelo Anthony = won the 2003 NCAA Championship, multiple time NBA ALL Stars, and he led his team in the Conference Finals back in 2009.

Anfernee
06-01-2013, 03:36 AM

I agree with this. A player's NCAA career and Olympic gold should matter for getting in the Basketball HOF.

In time both Christian Laettner and Grant Hill will make it based mostly on their back-to-back NCAA titles and gold medals.