PDA

View Full Version : ESPN radio said Miami might look to deal Bosh this offseason

Rekindled
05-31-2013, 07:15 PM
then when Dwight signs with Rockets.

Asik+Lin+Anderson+Montiejunas for Bosh+Chalmers

Miami finally gets a legit center. Houston gets bosh and chalmers can be a good fit with Harden.

jzek
05-31-2013, 07:16 PM
They have to. He's basically a 6'11" version of Ray Allen which they don't need. They have 457 shooters on the bench and none can rebound if their life depended on it. They need a legit big man who can rebound and defend (Dalembert, Nene, Kaman, etc.).

SpecialQue
05-31-2013, 07:17 PM
HORRIBLE idea. No Bosh = no championship.

Kews1
05-31-2013, 07:17 PM
trade Wade

SpecialQue
05-31-2013, 07:18 PM
trade Wade

This. If the Heat are going to dump one of the big three, at least dump the worthless, hobbling one.

tikay0
05-31-2013, 07:18 PM
:lebronamazed:

Make it happen Bulls.

1987_Lakers
05-31-2013, 07:19 PM
I'd rather have a center like Asik over current Chris Bosh anyday.

jzek
05-31-2013, 07:19 PM
This. If the Heat are going to dump one of the big three, at least dump the worthless, hobbling one.

But but but he's been with Miami since forever! Whatever happened to loyalty, man?!?

tikay0
05-31-2013, 07:20 PM

When you play with Lebron, that's what happens to your rep. :facepalm

Geriatric
05-31-2013, 07:21 PM
You wouldn't hear anymore about Miami's interior being soft with that trade. Asik is one tough SOB.

Soundwave
05-31-2013, 07:21 PM
Why not just Bosh straight across for Dwight Howard?

Lakers at least get something out of the Dwightmare and Gasol/Bosh/Kobe should keep Staples center full for a couple more years at least.

If Dwight walks they get nothing.

SpecialQue
05-31-2013, 07:22 PM
But but but he's been with Miami since forever! Whatever happened to loyalty, man?!?

Hey, Wade gave up his team to Lebron. This is the kind of exit he deserves.

jzek

Lakers at least get something out of the Dwightmare and Gasol/Bosh/Kobe should keep Staples center full for a couple more years at least.

Because it's not fair to the Lakers. Bosh =/= Dwight

Leftimage
When you play with Lebron, that's what happens to your rep. :facepalm

I think dealing a few smaller role players, keeping Bosh and getting a decent center would be a better option. In fact it would make the Heat's starting 5 a godlike ensemble.

EDIT: come to think of it, doesn't even have to be decent, just a true center. Bosh would go back to 20ppg overnight.

Zodiac
05-31-2013, 07:23 PM

If Dwight walks they get nothing.
Because Lebron and Dwight could never coexist

Soundwave
Because it's not fair to the Lakers. Bosh =/= Dwight

Better than losing Dwight for nothing. Lakers could still be a competitive club for a few more years.

SpecialQue
I think dealing a few smaller role players, keeping Bosh and getting a decent center would be a better option. In fact it would make the Heat's starting 5 a godlike ensemble.

They could probably get some decent pieces for the ghost of Ray Allen and that piece of shit Battier.

Zodiac
05-31-2013, 07:24 PM
Nobody is trading a decent center under the age of 31 for role players unless it's a massive salary dump and even then Miami couldn't afford it.

jzek
05-31-2013, 07:24 PM
Better than losing Dwight for nothing. Lakers could still be a competitive club for a few more years.

Yeah but they could trade Dwight to another team and get player or players in return who will offer more value to them than Bosh. If MIA gets D12, they'll never lose again. Dwight solves all their problems. If the Lakers get Bosh, they MIGHT make it out of the first round. It's just not fair to LA. Keeping Dwight or trading him to another team is the better option.

Patrick Chewing
05-31-2013, 07:25 PM
then when Dwight signs with Rockets.

Asik+Lin+Anderson+Montiejunas for Bosh+Chalmers

Miami finally gets a legit center. Houston gets bosh and chalmers can be a good fit with Harden.

Way too much for Bosh and some scrub

Zodiac
05-31-2013, 07:26 PM
Way too much for Bosh and some scrub
Plus Miami can't afford Lin+Asik with these two other guys

Soundwave
05-31-2013, 07:26 PM
Yeah but they could trade Dwight to another team and get player or players in return who will offer more value to them than Bosh. If MIA gets D12, they'll never lose again. Dwight solves all their problems. If the Lakers get Bosh, they MIGHT make it out of the first round.

Such as? I'd rather have Bosh than Asik + Lin.

tikay0
05-31-2013, 07:27 PM

EDIT: come to think of it, doesn't even have to be decent, just a true center. Bosh would go back to 20ppg overnight.

Lebron stepped his game up as soon as he started hitting up the post. I just don't see the post up iso opportunities for Bosh. Playing with Lebron has made him cater to Lebron's needs.

I agree, if they got a true center, they'd be better, but with their cap, and the way Riley wants to build that team around Lebron, I don't know if they'll ever get anything better than guys like Birdman or Joel Anthony.

Dangerous 3 pt. threats are what make the Heat truly elite. I don't think they look at C as the highest priority besides having an energy/rim protector type guy.

Leftimage
05-31-2013, 07:27 PM
Because Lebron and Dwight could never coexist

Lebron seems like a chill enough guy that he'd tame Dwight though.

Or he could just say ''trust my judgment, Dwight. I'm the best basketball player on earth.'' cause it wouldn't come off as overly pompous coming from his mouth.

TheMarkMadsen
05-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Would be an amazing trade for both sides.

Chalmer/Harden/Parson/Bosh/Howard is a nasty starting 5.

All Net
05-31-2013, 07:28 PM
If Miami win it all they aren't trading anybody...

jzek
05-31-2013, 07:30 PM
Such as? I'd rather have Bosh than Asik + Lin.

WTH? :wtf:

I can understand why you don't like Lin (he's a glorified backup and Bev is the better PG) but Asik?!? Come on man!

Leftimage
05-31-2013, 07:33 PM
Lebron stepped his game up as soon as he started hitting up the post. I just don't see the post up iso opportunities for Bosh. Playing with Lebron has made him cater to Lebron's needs.

I agree, if they got a true center, they'd be better, but with their cap, and the way Riley wants to build that team around Lebron, I don't know if they'll ever get anything better than guys like Birdman or Joel Anthony.

Mike Miller, James Jones, Rashard Lewis.. I mean having a talented ''2nd bench'' is a major luxury. I'm assuming those three combined could fetch a decent true center ?

come to think of it... true center has become a bit of an oxymoron in this day and age. They're probably outnumbered 8 to 1 by ''PF/C'' type players of the 6 foot 8 variety.

Kews1
05-31-2013, 07:34 PM
Miami Trade's: Bosh

Brooklyn Trade's: Humphries, Evans, + 22 Pick.

Brooklyn gets a all star PF to put next to Lopez.

Miami gets 2 above average rebounders + Pick up a center with the 22 pick

i dont know, i guess it addresses Miamis main rebounding problem :confusedshrug:

Leftimage
05-31-2013, 07:36 PM
WTH? :wtf:

I can understand why you don't like Lin (he's a glorified backup and Bev is the better PG) but Asik?!? Come on man!

Its not so much a question of seeing which package is better. It's the fact that the Heat have the winning formula right now

This is a 27-game win streak team for christ's sake. That's why I find this news kind of odd.

Drop Bosh because he does badly with physical teams like the Bulls and Pacers? Every other squad in the league might suddenly match up better against them.

tikay0
05-31-2013, 07:36 PM
Mike Miller, James Jones, Rashard Lewis.. I mean having a talented ''2nd bench'' is a major luxury. I'm assuming those three combined could fetch a decent true center ?

come to think of it... true center has become a bit of an oxymoron in this day and age. They're probably outnumbered 8 to 1 by ''PF/C'' type players of the 6 foot 8 variety.

Like I said in my earlier post. Dangerous 3 pt. threats are what make the Heat truly elite. I don't think they look at C as the highest priority besides having an energy/rim protector type guy.

When their shooters are hitting, they're damn near unstoppable. That's why teams with elite 3pt. defense always give them trouble.

ConanRulesNBC
05-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Holy crap at Miami with Asik & Lin...

C: Omer Asik
PF: Haslem
SF: LeBron
SG: Wade
PG: Lin

And Houston would be absolutely ridiculous...

C: Howard
PF: Bosh
SF: Parsons
SG: Harden
PG: Chris Paul

That would be your 2014 NBA finals if that happened.

TheMarkMadsen
05-31-2013, 07:53 PM

You plan on pitching houston an extra 20 mill per year so they can sign CP3?

tikay0
05-31-2013, 07:56 PM

:facepalm

Miami would flat out suck without floor spacing, and not a chance in hell the Rockets can roll that team out on opening day.

TylerOO
05-31-2013, 07:57 PM
Are you kidding me? I don't want Jeremy FCUKING Lin playing with LeBron. He is freakin terrible. TRADE WADE not Bosh

Frozen1
05-31-2013, 08:00 PM
This sh!t is just dumb speculation by the media.

Do you think championship teams just blow it up???

TheMarkMadsen
05-31-2013, 08:09 PM
This sh!t is just dumb speculation by the media.

Do you think championship teams just blow it up???

2011 Lakers & 2012 Mavs say hi

TonyMontana
05-31-2013, 08:11 PM
Asik > Bosh

I would do this trade in a minute. I want no part of Lin or any of those other players though. Point guards that can't shoot = no thanks. Ill put Parsons in for Lin and those other throw ins.

GrapeApe
05-31-2013, 08:17 PM
I seriously doubt Bosh is going anywhere, BUT if they fail to win the championship I suppose it's possible. There's no chance Wade gets traded. Zero.

Solefade
05-31-2013, 08:25 PM
No one is going anywhere, these dudes just need to stop underperforming.

Kurosawa0
05-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Would Washington do something like Nene and the 3rd pick?

Then you run out:

Wall
Beal
Ariza
Bosh
Okafor

That's interesting right there.

TylerOO
05-31-2013, 08:28 PM
No one is going anywhere, these dudes just need to stop underperforming.

I agree. Bosh and Wade need to stop sucking

Trollsmasher
05-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Swap him for Dwight:bowdown:

Rose'sACL
05-31-2013, 08:36 PM
Swap him for Dwight:bowdown:
dwight can't catch normal passes without fumbling them half the time. How will he catch those missile passes from lebron?

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-31-2013, 08:36 PM
makes you wonder if riley threw this out there to motivate bosh..

imdaman99
05-31-2013, 08:37 PM
ummm miami will never get a PG that is not a good spotup shooter. you think lebron will sacrifice his stats? :roll:

Rekindled
05-31-2013, 08:39 PM
Asik > Bosh

I would do this trade in a minute. I want no part of Lin or any of those other players though. Point guards that can't shoot = no thanks. Ill put Parsons in for Lin and those other throw ins.

first of all salary doesnt work. bosh makes 20 m, asik makes 8, lin is the only other big contract. plus rockets wont trade Parsons even straight up for bosh.

longtime lurker
05-31-2013, 08:41 PM
Asik > Bosh

I can tell not only are you an idiot you're not a real Miami fan either :oldlol:

plowking
05-31-2013, 09:50 PM
ummm miami will never get a PG that is not a good spotup shooter. you think lebron will sacrifice his stats? :roll:

These posts don't even make sense. Hes helping his team put points on the board.

Its like when people say "Lebron only passes when he knows he'll get an assist". Well good. That's the point of basketball. Better than him not passing and throwing up a bad shot.

tpols
05-31-2013, 09:58 PM
'the big three'

:oldlol:

Goldrush25
05-31-2013, 10:33 PM
If they trade Wade, Lebron is out of Miami for certain in 2014. Bosh is the only moveable piece.

longtime lurker
05-31-2013, 10:51 PM
If they trade Wade, Lebron is out of Miami for certain in 2014. Bosh is the only moveable piece.

How about they don't trade either and sign a real center.

LLK21
05-31-2013, 10:55 PM
So then the Rockets starting lineup would be

PG Chalmers
SG Harden
SF Parsons
PF Bosh
C Howard

Kingwillball
05-31-2013, 10:59 PM
So then the Rockets starting lineup would be

PG Chalmers
SG Harden
SF Parsons
PF Bosh
C Howard

That team would average 110 ppt..

Kingwillball
05-31-2013, 11:09 PM

Really Chalmers is better than Lin..:confusedshrug:

secund2nun
05-31-2013, 11:14 PM
Wade needs to be traded, not Bosh. He is older, injury prone, redundant to Lebron (doesn't fit with him nearly as well as Bosh does), and is rapidly declining. Also he provides no spacing , unlike Bosh who does.

FLDFSU
05-31-2013, 11:16 PM

Exactly. If they Trade Wade they might as well trade James too because he will ask for a Trade immediately. He came to MIA to play with certain players. Wade was one of those certain players.

Shepseskaf
05-31-2013, 11:16 PM
Bosh is highly paid, so there's no way to feel sorry for him, but he's being horribly misused by the Heat.

Slick Riley should trade him to a team that really knows how to utilize his stills.

VIntageNOvel
05-31-2013, 11:18 PM
inb4 elgringo bosh for barg

Dave3
05-31-2013, 11:21 PM
Dude come on. Maybe specifically on Miami Asik would be better, but if we're talking about the majority of teams, Bosh is a 28 year old 6'11 guy that averaged 24/10 on a 40 win team just 3 years ago. Yeah he's not a 1st option on a contending team, but if you pair him with Harden (just hypothetical to follow the scenario above) and put him in a solidified number 2 role, he can easily give you 20/9. He's not as bad as his numbers suggest at all - it's a combination of recently struggling and being less valuable to the Heat because of their make up.

secund2nun
05-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Exactly. If they Trade Wade they might as well trade James too because he will ask for a Trade immediately. He came to MIA to play with certain players. Wade was one of those certain players.

He came to Miami to win titles. Not recreate Cleveland all over again. Wade is a bad contract- might as well trade him for a center while you can. And it's not like Wade is trying hard and just has injury problems- he is just lazy and refuses to work on his game.

NattyPButter
06-01-2013, 01:03 AM
how about trading your SG who can't shoot. Get a big and move Bosh back to PF problem solved.

CanYouDigIt
06-01-2013, 01:22 AM
how about trading your SG who can't shoot. Get a big and move Bosh back to PF problem solved.
Lebron playing the 2 is just unfair for other teams :lol

PleezeBelieve
06-01-2013, 01:35 AM
Cleveland trades:

Varejao
Tristan
#19 pick

for

Chris Bosh

Y2Gezee
06-01-2013, 01:35 AM
Bosh is maybe their 3rd best player, but when all 3 are healthy, he may be their most important.

I mean he's defended well, and his shooting has been huge for them. He's their only legit big that they can rely on. and he can give you a little or a lot of everything. He can play in the post too, despite their system forcing him to be a 3pt shooter

PleezeBelieve
06-01-2013, 01:37 AM
Noel
Bosh
FA
Waiters
Kyrie

Varejao
Tristan
LeBron
Wade
Chalmers

#19 pick

Doranku
06-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Is there a bigger piece of shit in NBA history than Chris Bosh if this happens?

Think about it: dude says he wanted to be the Michael Jordan of his team, and then is traded because he isn't an adequate 3rd option. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Doranku
06-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Noel
Bosh
FA
Waiters
Kyrie

Varejao
Tristan
LeBron
Wade
Chalmers

#19 pick
:roll: Ain't nobody wanna play in scumlord Cleveland. Enjoy CJ Miles and Omri Casspi. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Pacquiao
06-01-2013, 05:15 AM
Bosh has become a spot up shooter or rack up assist stat padding for Lebron.

When you have Wade palying off the ball and Bosh becoming a spot up shooter its pretty useless.. Blame it on Lebron

BoutPractice
06-01-2013, 05:26 AM
This doesn't happen. Can you imagine Miami letting Houston have CP3, Harden, Parsons, Bosh AND Dwight? (Forgetting an instant that I don't think it's even logistically possible, so to speak) Even just four of those players... I don't care about LeBron, this is an instant championship team... They'd essentially be handing them a ring.

Tmuston Beltics
06-01-2013, 06:04 AM
Who would take Wade though?

cltcfn2924
06-01-2013, 06:25 AM
trade Wade

Nobody wants the flopping seal.

cltcfn2924
06-01-2013, 06:28 AM
Bosh is maybe their 3rd best player, but when all 3 are healthy, he may be their most important.

I mean he's defended well, and his shooting has been huge for them. He's their only legit big that they can rely on. and he can give you a little or a lot of everything. He can play in the post too, despite their system forcing him to be a 3pt shooter
What are you going to say next? He's a terrific rebounder? Jeez he's like a schoolgirl in the lane.

32jazz
06-01-2013, 07:04 AM
[QUOTE=Leftimage]Lebron seems like a chill enough guy that he'd tame Dwight though.
]

With this 'tame' crap still.You work with people not 'tame' them.

Every time I hear this crap it reminds me of the myth of how the Bulls 'tamed' Rodman who exhibited some of the worst behavior of his career.

Bulls Rodman head butt on ref got him 6 games from the League(got of easy)

Bulls Rodman kick to cameramans groin got him 11 games from League

Rodman was also suspended by the Bulls on several occasions & fined countless others by the Bulls.

Phil Jackson worked with Rodman (who was allowed to skip shootarounds)not tamed him.

Rose'sACL
06-01-2013, 07:17 AM
This doesn't happen. Can you imagine Miami letting Houston have CP3, Harden, Parsons, Bosh AND Dwight? (Forgetting an instant that I don't think it's even logistically possible, so to speak) Even just four of those players... I don't care about LeBron, this is an instant championship team... They'd essentially be handing them a ring.
that is because it is not possible and i think everyone in nba knows that. Houston can't get both CP3 and dwight. how will they get bosh too?

Nash
06-01-2013, 07:38 AM
That will never, ever happen. None of those Houston players will make any difference. Bosh is Lebron's future #2 option with Wade getting older and taking a back seat.

Blue&Orange
06-01-2013, 08:33 AM
After next season Heat roster will be:

Lebron
Wade
Bosh

Miller lol
Haslem lol
Joel lol
Cole
Varnado lol

Basically Heat will have 4 NBA capable player and they will STILL be a tax team :roll:

They will be unable to do sign and trades for Bosh(tax teams can't do sign&trades) and they will have only the tax mid level of 3$ million to bring a player in. :lol

I pointed this out a couple months ago, and was called out wishful thinking, well it can't be more obvious really, if the Heat want to have a NBA level starting five and a bench that doesn't look like a d-league bench, they will have to trade one of the big three. Wade is untouchable, so yeah Bosh is out.

Heat better win this year, or all Lebron will have to show for playing with the most stacked team ever compared to competition, is a ring where he was carried by the refs and played the youngest and the most inexperient team ever in the finals.

Stuff of legends!!!

Go Spurs!

Rekindled
06-03-2013, 10:37 AM
bump

JGXEN
06-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Make it happen Ainge...

Blue&Orange
06-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Gonna take advantage of the bump and add, everyone criticized Cuban, but he did the right thing, people just don't understand the new cba.

NBASTATMAN
06-03-2013, 11:41 AM

In today's NBA a guy like Asik is worth more than Chris Bosh to a team.. Doesn't mean Asik is nearly as good as Bosh though.. Having decent bigs really puts a team at an advantage over most teams cuz of the lack of good bigs in the league.

knickballer
06-03-2013, 11:53 AM
After next season Heat roster will be:

Lebron
Wade
Bosh

Miller lol
Haslem lol
Joel lol
Cole
Varnado lol

Basically Heat will have 4 NBA capable player and they will STILL be a tax team :roll:

They will be unable to do sign and trades for Bosh(tax teams can't do sign&trades) and they will have only the tax mid level of 3$ million to bring a player in. :lol

I pointed this out a couple months ago, and was called out wishful thinking, well it can't be more obvious really, if the Heat want to have a NBA level starting five and a bench that doesn't look like a d-league bench, they will have to trade one of the big three. Wade is untouchable, so yeah Bosh is out.

Heat better win this year, or all Lebron will have to show for playing with the most stacked team ever compared to competition, is a ring where he was carried by the refs and played the youngest and the most inexperient team ever in the finals.

Stuff of legends!!!

Go Spurs!

I don't think Miller will be on the squad next year. He'll either retire or be ammetized. I think that will give them the space to offer a MLE to a player but I don't know how the rule works so...

And where are you getting your info from? Allen, Chalmers, Jones, etc, will still be on the squad as they aren't expiring :confusedshrug:

Heat need to get a ****ing big man FFS. For three years now they've been getting abused by physical bigs and they never address the problem.

knickballer
06-03-2013, 11:55 AM
In today's NBA a guy like Asik is worth more than Chris Bosh to a team.. Doesn't mean Asik is nearly as good as Bosh though.. Having decent bigs really puts a team at an advantage over most teams cuz of the lack of good bigs in the league.

Don't forget that Bosh before joining Miami was considered a top 10-15 player in the league. Now he's basically adjusted to be a compliment player to Lebron to spread the floor..

But I won't actually argue that a guy like Asik would be more valuable to the current roster of Miami compared to Bosh.