PDA

View Full Version : Chris Andersen suspended for game 6

HoopsFanNumero1
05-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Miami Heat forward Chris Andersen has been suspended one game without pay and had his Flagrant Foul One upgraded to a Flagrant Foul Two, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13387

Fudge
05-31-2013, 07:38 PM
:bowdown: :rockon: :bowdown: :rockon:

DuMa
05-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Perfect time for Bosh to step up and play out of his funk.
also perfect time for the Warden to make his mark in this series

jzek
Fix is in.

The league wants a game 7 :oldlol:

SpecialQue
I can't believe they did it.

Xsatyr
05-31-2013, 07:40 PM
Are you blind? There is already a thread.

I keed I keed

Leftimage
05-31-2013, 07:40 PM
Expect a 15 rebound night from Lebron.

tikay0
05-31-2013, 07:43 PM
Expect a 15 rebound night from Lebron.

Yep.

Lebron: "Get out my way Bosh! That's my board!"

Bosh: "Get me outta here!"

KG215
05-31-2013, 07:44 PM
Fix is in.

Yes, that's clearly why they did this. It probably had nothing to do with what Andersen did actually being suspension worthy.

TheReal Kendall
05-31-2013, 07:44 PM
Good! Keep it consistent that's all I ask

Trollsmasher
05-31-2013, 07:45 PM
Stern doing anything he can to help the Pacers:facepalm

Grey Dawn
05-31-2013, 07:45 PM
100% deserved.

Refs are scared to penalize LeFag's team

jzek
05-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Stern doing anything he can to help the Pacers:facepalm

Game 7 = more money for the NBA

Grey Dawn
05-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Yes, that's clearly why they did this. It probably had nothing to do with what Andersen did actually being suspension worthy.

Thanks for being logical in the face of all these morons.

jblaze2004
05-31-2013, 07:47 PM
of course after there up one game smh

FreezingTsmoove
05-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Are you blind? There is already a thread.

I keed I keed

are you a retard? You can clearly see both threads were started at the same exact time of 7:38 P.M

white text boiiiii

insidehoops
05-31-2013, 07:49 PM
Andersen will serve his suspension on Saturday, June 1 when the Pacers host the Heat in Game 6 of the 2013 Eastern Conference Finals at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13387

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-31-2013, 07:50 PM
inb4 another super-saiyan effort from LeBron.

bagelred
Fly Away, Birdman.......Fly Away. :cry:

FreezingTsmoove
of course after there up one game smh

Yeah because that game was won all because of Chris Goderson and his 30 point game:bowdown: :bowdown:

pmj
05-31-2013, 07:51 PM

I could see the first hit being a flagrant 2, but IMO Nazr's push was much worse being a blindside push on someone not paying attention.Bird mans second push was standard chest puffing then a push, which happens all the time without ppl even getting fouls.

Leftimage
05-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Oh look, the league reviewed a play and corrected a bad call.

Poido123 will be here shortly to explain how this is actually an intricately woven storyline produced by NBC writers as part of a revenue-maximization scheme.

Here's a photo of him taking a stroll in the city.

http://usahitman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/9_11_truth_now.jpe

Kingwillball
05-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Heat will still win.. Joel Anthony will play suprising solid minutes.

Xsatyr
05-31-2013, 07:53 PM
are you a retard? You can clearly see both threads were started at the same exact time of 7:38 P.M

white text boiiiii

For a split second I was like, "This dumbass..."

bagelred
http://usahitman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/9_11_truth_now.jpe

The man ain't wrong. :cheers:

Grey Dawn
Heat will still win.. Joel Anthony will play suprising solid minutes.

Either way you'll still be here posting nonsense.

It's ok, we all were 8 once.

chazzy
05-31-2013, 07:59 PM
Not surprising. This wouldn't happen had the refs ejected him in the first place

Kingwillball
05-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Either way you'll still be here posting nonsense.

It's ok, we all were 8 once.

So I started posting on this site when I was one ? Have a little respect for your elder statesmen of this board. I forgot more basketball than u know.

TheMarkMadsen
05-31-2013, 08:02 PM
Has Birdman shot 100% in this series so far? How many shots has he taken

LLK21
05-31-2013, 08:02 PM
Game 7 here we come!

Leftimage
05-31-2013, 08:03 PM
I forgot more _____ than u know.

That's a cool saying. I will taunt someone with this in the near future.

TheMarkMadsen
05-31-2013, 08:05 PM
That's a cool saying. I will taunt someone with this in the near future.

That saying is about as original as a little kid on the playground telling somebody to "talk to the hand because the face ain't listening"
:biggums:

SpecialQue
05-31-2013, 08:08 PM
Heat about to go down!

http://i.imgur.com/t9MUtzM.gif

Droid101
05-31-2013, 08:13 PM
Fix is in.

What was different between that hit and the one Nazr laid on LeFraud?

Suguru101
05-31-2013, 08:25 PM

That is the absolute coolest nickname i have heard in ages! Even makes me like Joel Anthony a bit more. :cheers:

Grey Dawn
05-31-2013, 08:40 PM
So I started posting on this site when I was one ? Have a little respect for your elder statesmen of this board. I forgot more basketball than u know.

Knowing how to give LeBron James a blowjob doesn't count as basketball knowledge.

TheWalkman
05-31-2013, 08:41 PM
Stern finally doing something right. :applause:

MavsSuperFan
05-31-2013, 08:44 PM
good, far less than that has gotten guys suspended in todays game. Whether today's game is too soft or not is another discussion. The most important thing with any rule/law is that it is applied consistently, without double standards.

Rose'sACL
05-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Additionally, the technical given to Hansbrough was rescinded by the league.

plowking
05-31-2013, 09:04 PM
A travesty! Absolute disgrace!

Isn't that what people were saying when Nazr was thrown out? Why the change now?

LOL.

Fudge
05-31-2013, 09:05 PM
Why y'all gotta delete my thread doe? I posted it first. :(

tazb
05-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Stern won again.:applause:

:facepalm that should've been a fine at best.

oh the horror
05-31-2013, 09:59 PM
No, at best he should have been ejected during THAT game.

Suspended for another game seems silly.

longtime lurker
05-31-2013, 10:00 PM
No, at best he should have been ejected during THAT game.

Suspended for another game seems silly.

I think it's fair considering the shoulder check he laid on Hansborough.

plowking
05-31-2013, 11:06 PM

Flop. NBA players can't fall down when pushed. They are elite athletes.

maybeshewill13
05-31-2013, 11:24 PM
Stern getting soft in his old age :lol

Lebron23
06-01-2013, 01:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oBiCkUk.jpg

poido123
06-01-2013, 01:26 AM
:lol: at people labeling me a conspiracy theorist with a tin foil hat :roll:

Should of been ejected during the game.

But of course, I'm a conspiracy theorist because I think the NBA has been influencing games since Jordan era. Not that there is actually proof to that or anything :facepalm:

So do we dismiss all conspiracies, even the valid ones?

oh the horror
06-01-2013, 01:41 AM

Yeah...what gets me is it didnt stop there either. He shoulder checks the dude...guy gets up, Chris walks up and then pushes him. Yet isn't ejected?

I don't know man that to me should have been an ejection during that particular game.

They go with a weak double tech, which Tyler didnt deserve and then after the fact suspend Andersen the NEXT game? Ehhh

Doranku
06-01-2013, 01:42 AM
Why do people care?

Indiana will obviously win game 6, and Miami will obviously win game 7. The NBA is more of a puppet show than it is a competitive league. Get with the program. :facepalm

ripthekik
06-01-2013, 01:45 AM
JUSTICE! absolutely justice. I have faith in the league again.. maybe just a little

maybeshewill13
06-01-2013, 02:12 AM
JUSTICE! absolutely justice. I have faith in the league again.. maybe just a little
Unfortunately it still doesn't make up for gifting Lefraud a ring..

plowking
06-01-2013, 02:31 AM
Why do people care?

Indiana will obviously win game 6, and Miami will obviously win game 7. The NBA is more of a puppet show than it is a competitive league. Get with the program. :facepalm

Hilarious.

AintNoSunshine
06-01-2013, 02:34 AM

If he hasn't done that after 5 games, chances are he won't. I just hope he steps it up in the finals

The Choken One
06-01-2013, 02:36 AM
lol @ retards calling fix and conspiracy.

Didn't watch the game, but seen highlights on ESPN. Easily deserved suspension. Last time I checked, this isn't the NHL. You can't just push people full force whenever you like.

inb4 delusional idiots

ripthekik
06-01-2013, 02:40 AM
Why do people care?

this is true though. Making this suspension will give heat fans something to say to support that they aren't helped by the refs, when it's actually determined to go down in 6 or 7 for the heat.

it's like free throw disparity. Give all the timely calls to heat to break pacer momentum or help heat, but give pacer unneeded calls to even out the numbers later.

Stern is a genius.

poido123
06-01-2013, 03:14 AM
this is true though. Making this suspension will give heat fans something to say to support that they aren't helped by the refs, when it's actually determined to go down in 6 or 7 for the heat.

it's like free throw disparity. Give all the timely calls to heat to break pacer momentum or help heat, but give pacer unneeded calls to even out the numbers later.

Stern is a genius.

Pretty much.

This is a hard concept for many on ISH to take in. It really is.

While people who dislike the Heat get called haters, that's pretty much because we don't buy into the BS.

All Net
06-01-2013, 04:08 AM

Stern is a genius.

If anything this series has been called evenly bad...pacers mainly hibbert should of been called for alot more fouls than he has.heat fans have a right at times to feel hard done by in this series just as much as pacer fans do.

BigTicket
06-01-2013, 04:23 AM

Stern is a genius.

Take off the tinfoil hat and get some help, seriously.

cltcfn2924
06-01-2013, 06:23 AM
If anything this series has been called evenly bad...pacers mainly hibbert should of been called for alot more fouls than he has.heat fans have a right at times to feel hard done by in this series just as much as pacer fans do.

Any Heat fan that comes on here and has the outright nerve to complain about officiating is a fringe lunatic, and most certainly doesn't even belong here. How can we keep 12 year posters off here?

kshutts1
06-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but...

I agree that Birdman should have been tossed, and that he was the only player deserving of a tech (or worse).

So, I love that Stern/NBA admitted that... but for suspending him for Game 6, I only agree with that if they would have suspended him even if he had been ejected, and not as a retroactive punishment because he was not ejected.

Grey Dawn
06-01-2013, 09:29 AM

Isn't that what people were saying when Nazr was thrown out? Why the change now?

LOL.

Well, Anderson's was worse, it was a blind-side, unexpected body slam. Nazi's was a face to face shove that LeBron threw himself back on to make it look more dramatic. Also, Anderson then also did a shove as hard as Nazi's after Hansbrough got up, and then resisted being pulled away, aka continued to escalate the situation.

So Anderson's wasn't comparable to Mohammad's , it was much worse in 3 different areas.

Doranku
06-01-2013, 09:34 AM

LOL.
Because the precedent has already been set, f@ggot.

tpols
06-01-2013, 09:37 AM
I haven't heard it mentioned..

But why is no one considering birdman past history? Guy was almost kicked out of the league at one point. Guys a delinquent. He'd be in prison repping aryan brotherhood if not for ball.

niko
06-01-2013, 10:31 AM
I haven't heard it mentioned..

But why is no one considering birdman past history? Guy was almost kicked out of the league at one point. Guys a delinquent. He'd be in prison repping aryan brotherhood if not for ball.
In deciding suspensions it's on court history, not off. I don't think he has a history of on court incidents despite his incredibly ridiculous off court list.

Detroit
06-01-2013, 11:20 AM
He deserved the suspension. I'm currently watching ESPN and Stephen A Smith just said that he didn't deserve to be suspended but should've been ejected in game 5 but the refs blew the call. I think that just sounds retarded because if the refs blew the call and let him play the ENTIRE game 5 then its only right that he gets suspended for the ENTIRE game 6.

This incident was no different than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeOjQXS_ZaE

Bynum was immediately ejected and suspended a game on top of that.

hawkfan
06-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Fix is in.

Yep.
The only hope is if Joel Anthony comes back from the missing.

Trollsmasher
06-01-2013, 11:24 AM
I am going to enjoy some fadeaways by Joel:pimp:

As Eric Reid would say, Joel has been working hard on his offensive moves.

Chrono90
06-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Should have been done during Game 5. Now that the Heats are one game ahead, the NBA corrects itself and want to seem like it's "fair."

Tmuston Beltics
06-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Why do people care?

yeah because Miami winning game 7 means the league is rigged and its just a big show :rolleyes:

Sumter15
06-01-2013, 12:29 PM

Stern is a genius.

Yep, because "the most stacked team in history" needs the refs to win a series in "the weak ass Eastern Conference" in 7.

tomtucker
06-01-2013, 12:34 PM
He deserved the suspension. I'm currently watching ESPN and Stephen A Smith just said that he didn't deserve to be suspended but should've been ejected in game 5 but the refs blew the call. I think that just sounds retarded because if the refs blew the call and let him play the ENTIRE game 5 then its only right that he gets suspended for the ENTIRE game 6.

This incident was no different than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeOjQXS_ZaE

Bynum was immediately ejected and suspended a game on top of that.

funny thing, after that clash with tyler, birdman played very little, only 1 or 2 minutes i belive..........am i right ?

Detroit
06-01-2013, 12:51 PM
funny thing, after that clash with tyler, birdman played very little, only 1 or 2 minutes i belive..........am i right ?

At the end of the day he was still qualified to play for the ENTIRE game 5, when he clearly shouldn't have been for his flagrant 2 foul on Hansbrough.

People are saying that if he was ejected right then and there then its okay to suspend him the next game, but since he wasn't ejected and the refs made a mistake by not doing so, then its wrong to suspend him for game 6?:lol

We've seen this happen a million times where the refs miss a call or ejection, and then the league comes down the next day and hands out suspensions. its nothing new, get used to it people.

tomtucker
06-01-2013, 01:01 PM
At the end of the day he was still qualified to play for the ENTIRE game 5, when he clearly shouldn't have been for his flagrant 2 foul on Hansbrough.

People are saying that if he was ejected right then and there then its okay to suspend him the next game, but since he wasn't ejected and the refs made a mistake by not doing so, then its wrong to suspend him for game 6?:lol

We've seen this happen a million times where the refs miss a call or ejection, and then the league comes down the next day and hands out suspensions. its nothing new, get used to it people.

it really is lame......the league is basicly saying to those refs from thurdays game: " you did a bad job " ....pretty weak thing to do......the refs did rewiew the whole thing on video , if i remember correctly

Detroit
06-01-2013, 01:05 PM
it really is lame......the league is basicly saying to those refs from thurdays game: " you did a bad job " ....pretty weak thing to do......the refs did rewiew the whole thing on video , if i remember correctly

Thats what amazes me. How did the review it and not upgrade it lol. He just came at him with a shoulder tackle! Hell the ball wasn't even near Hansbrough when it happened. If thats not a flagrant two then I don't know what is.

tomtucker
06-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Thats what amazes me. How did the review it and not upgrade it lol. He just came at him with a shoulder tackle! Hell the ball wasn't even near Hansbrough when it happened. If thats not a flagrant two then I don't know what is.

they just love that white on white crime.......:oldlol:

http://s49.radikal.ru/i124/1205/06/8a4f0e580bb3.jpg

Trollsmasher
06-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Hibbert just called Joel Anthony a "terrific rebounder" and "terrific post player." Well, OK.

Hibbert is aware of what he is going to face tonight:bowdown: