PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's "Charging" call was bogus.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-02-2013, 05:27 AM
I already said in my previous posting that the NBA wants a Game 6/7 for this series, and they made it happen. So no surprise for me. The referees call the game in a certain way that favors the Pacers and it sets the tone for the game.

For example. Roy Hibbert has logged 21 minutes in a half with no fouls twice in his career. Both in this series -- Game 4, and tonight.

ANYWAY.......

NBA RULES - BLOCK-CHARGE

An offensive foul should never be called if the contact is with a secondary defensive player who has established a defensive position within a designated "restricted area" near the basket for the purpose of drawing an offensive foul.

The "restricted area" for this purpose is the area bounded by an arc with a 4-foot radius measured from the middle of the basket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRveNUizHFI

http://oi44.tinypic.com/30wwhsy.jpg

Hibbert jumps from within the restricted area. Blocking foul.

Hibbert does not put his hands straight up, and instead puts his hands forward and hits LeBron's arms. Personal foul.

(e)
06-02-2013, 05:31 AM
You're overreacting about as much as Lebron did. Acting like a straight up cry baby.

305Baller
06-02-2013, 05:32 AM
Obviously LeBron agrees with OP and sprinted like a dumbass :lol

unknowns8
06-02-2013, 05:33 AM
LJ shoulda passed to the open man down low ... if he makes the easy pass to the open man for an open bucket, he takes the ref outta the game :rolleyes:

no pun intended
06-02-2013, 05:35 AM
Any foul should be called when there are elbows involved.

(e)
06-02-2013, 05:36 AM
I can quote rules too...

The restricted are also does not apply if the secondary defender jumps in attempting to block the shot, the offensive player leads with his leg or knee in an unnatural motion or uses his off arm to prevent the defender from blocking his shot.

This may be what the ref saw...

(e)
06-02-2013, 05:39 AM
Thread backfire. Correct call made.

BlazerRed
06-02-2013, 05:41 AM
I can quote rules too...

The restricted are also does not apply if the secondary defender jumps in attempting to block the shot, the offensive player leads with his leg or knee in an unnatural motion or uses his off arm to prevent the defender from blocking his shot.

OP ethered.

3LiftHeatCurse
I can quote rules too...

Except LeBron didn't do that. His arms and elbows were in a natural position to shoot the ball.

Completely bogus call. Roy Hibbert is being treated like Michael Jordan. I am 100000% positive the NBA front office has instructed the referees to give Roy Hibbert a lot of room so he doesn't foul out and it keeps this series close and continues to get ratings. Miami Heat are consistently the #1 rated TV show whenever they play in the playoffs.

arifgokcen
I have never seen such an offensive foul call in NBA in my life.

Here in europe thats not offensive foul either.

Refs just messed up

BlazerRed
06-02-2013, 05:44 AM
Except LeBron didn't do that. His arms and elbows were in a natural position to shoot the ball.

Completely bogus call. Roy Hibbert is being treated like Michael Jordan. I am 100000% positive the NBA front office has instructed the referees to give Roy Hibbert a lot of room so he doesn't foul out and it keeps this series close and continues to get ratings. Miami Heat are consistently the #1 rated TV show whenever they play in the playoffs.
Watch his right elbow, he hits Hibbert's arm away. Seriously take the homer goggles off.

poido123
06-02-2013, 05:46 AM

Ohhh, so you guys now want to claim conspiracies, but everyone else is crazy for saying there is one? :lol:

Well you're half right, there is a conspiracy happening but it's going in Heat's favour so don't worry...

1. League wanted 6 or more games.

2. Heat will go through, Dan Crawford will ref game 7 just to make sure.

Blue&Orange
06-02-2013, 05:46 AM
Hibbert jumps from within the restricted area. Blocking foul.

Your knowledge of the game is immeasurable, contact in the air = blocking foul?

:lol :roll: :lol :roll:

So a player now can't even jump straight up? What should he do? Step away? Oh my Lebron in 90's would be hilarious to see! With the paint packed and without the 3pt spacing and his completely broken-down-10% mid range shot.

Those types of play should be a no call, but every non retard person can clearly see how Lebron knees Hibbert. So offensive call. Unless now you can attack the basket with your elbows and knees.

And here we have it, Lebrontards whining because refs are making the right calls and not carrying Lebron like they did last year.

I can't wait until ESPN retards bring and ex-ref and throw money at him to say that it was a call on Hibbert. Anything for bronzy!

Rubio2Gasol
06-02-2013, 05:47 AM
Needless to say I was suprised.

However, like basically any other game, he got away with other offensive fouls. Refs should just call those really, no need to invent.

BigTicket
06-02-2013, 05:48 AM
It was a bad call, but the Pacers would have won anyway.

Miami didn't lose this game because of one bad call, they lost because they hit less than 30% of their shots from inside the arc.

arifgokcen
06-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Ohhh, so you guys now want to claim conspiracies, but everyone else is crazy for saying there is one? :lol:

Well you're half right, there is a conspiracy happening but it's going in Heat's favour so don't worry...

That would be hilarious.Dan crawford and heat
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

(e)
06-02-2013, 05:52 AM

In your OP you try to claim since Hibbert was in the restricted area, it was a block. I proved that to be wrong by quoting the rule book just like you did.

Lebron leads with his elbow into Hibbert who is in a legally guarding position. The right call was made.

It's so sad you're trying to pin this game on one call too. Lebron added insult to injury by acting like a spoiled 5 year old at the grocery store when his mom said, "no" to a candy bar/cereal with a cool toy.

It's clear you're a Lebron stan though. I have no dog in this fight, I hate both these damn teams.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-02-2013, 05:53 AM
It was a bad call, but the Pacers would have won anyway.

Miami didn't lose this game because of one bad call, they lost because they hit less than 30% of their shots from inside the arc.

The refs are allowing the Pacers to get away with murder. It's not a matter of "this call or that call", it's how they are treating certain players. Roy Hibbert is being allowed to do anything he wants and never be called for a foul. Notice how Hibbert fouled out only when the game was out of reach in the 4th. Meanwhile, in the 1st half, 0 fouls. For the second time this series. Something he had never done in his career.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-02-2013, 05:53 AM
In your OP you try to claim since Hibbert was in the restricted area, it was a block. I proved that to be wrong by quoting the rule book just like you did.

Lebron leads with his elbow into Hibbert who is in a legally guarding position. The right call was made.
You typing "LeBron leads with his elbow" doesn't make it true.

LBJ didn't lead with his elbow. I saw the video.

Blue&Orange
06-02-2013, 05:55 AM

YO RETARD

Your knowledge of the game is immeasurable, contact in the air = blocking foul?

:lol :roll: :lol :roll:

So a player now can't even jump straight up? What should he do? Step away? Oh my Lebron in 90's would be hilarious to see! With the paint packed and without the 3pt spacing and his completely broken-down-10% mid range shot.

Those types of play should be a no call, but every non retard person can clearly see how Lebron knees Hibbert. So offensive call. Unless now you can attack the basket with your elbows and knees.

And here we have it, Lebrontards whining because refs are making the right calls and not carrying Lebron like they did last year.

I can't wait until ESPN retards bring and ex-ref and throw money at him to say that it was a call on Hibbert. Anything for bronzy!

arifgokcen
06-02-2013, 05:58 AM

It's so sad you're trying to pin this game on one call too. Lebron added insult to injury by acting like a spoiled 5 year old at the grocery store when his mom said, "no" to a candy bar/cereal with a cool toy.
Dude i am objective to this situation as i am no heat fan but that call was bogus first of all lebron doesnt lead with elbow and hibbert isnt straight up he brought down his arms thats at best no call or defensive foul anyway thats not why heat lost the game.

and another thing if you call that a offensive foul there is literally nothing you can do to challenge bigman inthe paint

(e)
06-02-2013, 06:06 AM
Lebron brings the ball back after launch (likely to avoid a blocked shot, but his elbow leads) Outside of maybe his knee (check the rule book there too), his elbow hits Hibbert first. That is definitely the right call.

(e)
06-02-2013, 06:08 AM

You typing that its a bogus call doesn't make it true.

Fact is, it was an offensive foul on Lebron. And that's 100% true.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-02-2013, 06:25 AM
Dude i am objective to this situation as i am no heat fan but that call was bogus first of all lebron doesnt lead with elbow and hibbert isnt straight up he brought down his arms thats at best no call or defensive foul anyway thats not why heat lost the game.

and another thing if you call that a offensive foul there is literally nothing you can do to challenge bigman inthe paint

Yep. It is obvious that it was another terrible call, but it's par the course for how the NBA has instructed the referees on how to treat Roy Hibbert.

It's like the NBA sits down and figures out how to raise the difficulty sliders for the Heat in NBA2k, so that the series can be closer to extend it for the ratings.

clutchinho
06-02-2013, 06:27 AM
offensive foul without a shadow of a doubt

can't lead with a knee and elbow with youre taking it in like that, if you connect then just get back on D, you got nothing to complain about.

(e)
06-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Now I know the OP is trolling. Or just an extremely blind homer.

Purch
06-02-2013, 06:50 AM
How did you guys read the rule (e) quoted, and re-watch the video and still find something to disagree with?

I swear when people's teams are involved in a series, they become completley blind to rather obvious calls.

It's like when you're in a relationship with someone, and suddenly you become blind to all their flaws that your friends point out.

BlazerRed
06-02-2013, 07:01 AM
Posting again because homer OP seems to be ignoring it:

Watch his right elbow, he hits Hibbert's arm away. Seriously take the homer goggles off.

Derka
06-02-2013, 07:25 AM

And in the words of Sherlock Holmes, you saw but you did not observe.

He led with an elbow.

Rose'sACL
06-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Thread backfire. Correct call made.
No matter how much you hate heat, that call was wrong. If ref wasn't sure, it should have been a no-call.
see this image and tell me how hibbert went straight up? that is a clear foul and he is standing in the restricted area. You have to go straight up if you want to defend in the restricted area.
http://i.imgur.com/ICu5hdp.jpg
Tell me how is that going straight up? he is not even set.

BigTicket
06-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Posting again because homer OP seems to be ignoring it:

Bullshit, he has both hands on the ball and only moved his arms to try to get an open shot.

Read the rule (e) posted, Lebron didn't lead with his knee or leg in an unnatural position, and he didn't use his off arm to prevent Hibbert from blocking.

Should have been a foul on Hibbert, and it's a pretty easy call too. But as I said earlier the Pacers would have won anyway.

edrick
06-02-2013, 09:12 AM
No matter how much you hate heat, that call was wrong. If ref wasn't sure, it should have been a no-call.
see this image and tell me how hibbert went straight up? that is a clear foul and he is standing in the restricted area. You have to go straight up if you want to defend in the restricted area.
Tell me how is that going straight up? he is not even set.

The refs let Hibbert get away with more BS than any other big I can think of. Not sure what's up with that.

poido123
06-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Ok, well now that you guys have stopped complaining, Dan Crawford will lead you guys in game 7.

So stop stressing.

funnystuff
06-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Game was rigged to create a game 7.

What do you expect?

BigTicket
06-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Game was rigged to create a game 7.

What do you expect?

The game wasn't rigged, just one bad call.

La Frescobaldi
06-02-2013, 09:53 AM
The game wasn't rigged, just one bad call.
that's what I had thought about the entire series actually.

I can't even imagine being a ref in these games. The players are incredibly faster than anything on the planet. They are so far above d1 college level ... but not yet just 1 or 2 on the court at that level........ ALL 10 of them are playing at that accelerated level!!

That said, Joey Crawford is a chump and a tool

Blue&Orange
06-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Lebrontards going frame by frame trying to find a still image that they can sell has not being an offensive call :lol

This shit it's too funny.

sdot_thadon
06-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Lebrontards going frame by frame trying to find a still image that they can sell has not being an offensive call :lol

I dunno man, from where I'm sitting that screen says alot. It clearly shkws Hibbert in a non-straight up position. His arms are in Lebron's space........

STATUTORY
06-02-2013, 10:13 AM
I dunno man, from where I'm sitting that screen says alot. It clearly shkws Hibbert in a non-straight up position. His arms are in Lebron's space........

after the whistle was already blown, foul occurred earlier

miles berg
06-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Should have been a no call, it was just a great play by Hibbert.

Derka
06-02-2013, 10:27 AM

That screen is after the contact Lebron has already made by jumping into Hibbert's space. The foul was prior to that screenshot.

Clifton
06-02-2013, 10:32 AM
You're right that it was a bad call OP. But,

I already said in my previous posting that the NBA wants a Game 6/7 for this series, and they made it happen.
This is totally irrational. "the NBA wants" the Heat on the brink? For what reason? What the NBA wants is at least one relevant, entertaining team in the 7-game finals series that will be played on network TV. They are faced with the prospect of a Spurs-Pacers finals, which is a ratings disaster in the making. Wouldn't they do everything possible to get the Heat over the hump?

What's happened is the Pacers play such great D that refs don't expect fouls from them. This results in a few close calls per game (and one that wasn't close, like this one) going the Pacers' way. It's not a conspiracy. The conspiracy would point the other direction. "The NBA" wants the Lebron-as-God narrative, not Pacers-Spurs.

Qwyjibo
06-02-2013, 10:33 AM
I thought it should have been a no-call too. Play on. If you forced me to call a foul either way, it would probably be on Hibbert.

LikeABosh
06-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Should have been a no call. Closer to a foul on Hibbert if anything. Refs weren't really bad last game though.

Hittin_Shots
06-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Hibbert straight up, Lebron knee first then clears hibbert's arms, stay mad nutthuggers.

wakencdukest
06-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Miami would have lost even if that call had gone their way. They just got out played last night. That game was called pretty even.

JMT
06-02-2013, 11:26 AM
It's a foul at every level of the game. Every player has the right to vertical air space. James has the ball cocked to the left side of his head and, to me and the officials apparently, he led with his right elbow/forearm to either create space or contact. In either instance, it's a foul.

But it's immaterial, as it was not the deciding play in the game. That came immediately thereafter when the acknowledged best player in the game and supposed team leader ran the length of the court, attempting to show up the refs with a childish display. His petulant, immature reaction took his team and his own head right out of a game that they were in position to challenge. Instead, they fell apart. Real sign of a champion.

Look, the Heat will likely win the series. Home court, best player, big game experience, the list goes on. That they're even being challenged by a team with the worst group of guards I can ever recall seeing in a conference final is not due to officiating or some conspiracy. It's due to a bad matchup and what I have always considered to be the weakness in Lebron: when the chips are down and the deck isn't stacked in his favor, he doesn't always respond like a leader or champion. I suppose when you've been anointed "the King" and "Chosen One" since you were a kid, it's hard to accept when everyone doesn't bow down and hand you what you want.

Blue&Orange
06-02-2013, 11:28 AM

Two can play that game.

http://i.imgur.com/dIKxC6r.jpg

LEbron "Hey Hibbert say welcome to my knees and Elbows!"

What are you saying? Hibbert body arched after being rammed by Lebron! That's interesting, i heard Hibbert could take a punch in the stomach from Mike Tyson and remain straight! Clearly a defensive foul!

edrick
06-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Say hello to me not being straight up.

I<3NBA
06-02-2013, 12:19 PM
that call killed Miami's run and ignited a Pacers run. the knee leading would be a foul. but Hibbert was inside restricted area so idk. a foul call would've been ok. but 2 fkng technicals? i don't even know how that other technical was accrued.

tazb
06-02-2013, 12:25 PM
That was almost as bad as Wade's "travel" call. Don't worry Stern, you got your Game 7.:applause:

Just2McFly
06-02-2013, 12:27 PM
That's one of the worst calls I've seen in some time. A lot of people are showing their bias in this thread.

Twiens
06-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Leading with your knee is a foul, just like Battier earlier in the series.

(e)
06-02-2013, 12:30 PM
that call killed Miami's run and ignited a Pacers run. the knee leading would be a foul. but Hibbert was inside restricted area so idk. a foul call would've been ok. but 2 fkng technicals? i don't even know how that other technical was accrued.
Him being in the restricted area is irrelevant, he was a secondary defender.

They got the techs for acting like children after the call. I don't know what the bench was saying to get the tech, but it was pretty obvious why Lebron got his.

VeeCee15
06-02-2013, 12:33 PM
That was a foul on Hibbert.

some people are morons...if you jump off one leg u are GOING to lead with some sort of knee. It is inevitable. What u are saying is...u are not allowed to jump off one leg in basketball?

Heavincent
06-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Whine some more Heat homers.

(e)
06-02-2013, 12:34 PM

some people are morons...if you jump off one leg u are GOING to lead with some sort of knee. It is inevitable. What u are saying is...u are not allowed to jump off one leg in basketball?
That's exactly what people are saying. Smh

branslowski
06-02-2013, 12:41 PM
It was a bogus call...That should of been a no call, give Bron his bucket and lets keep playin.

NumberSix
06-02-2013, 12:48 PM

In your world, the refs have NEVER made a bad call against the Heat and NEVER made a legit call in favor of them.

NumberSix
06-02-2013, 12:50 PM
That's one of the worst calls I've seen in some time. A lot of people are showing their bias in this thread.
It's the usual suspects who always claim the refs have never got a call wrong against the Heat.

Jameerthefear
06-02-2013, 12:55 PM
You haven't even watched this series then. The Pacers are getting jobbed, and this call did not really mean much.

edrick
06-02-2013, 01:00 PM
You haven't even watched this series then. The Pacers are getting jobbed, and this call did not really mean much.

lol

Completely jobbed now means receiving more FTA's in every single game except 1 (Miami had 1 more FTA than Indiana last night). :oldlol:

LBJMVP
06-02-2013, 01:02 PM
The refs are allowing the Pacers to get away with murder. It's not a matter of "this call or that call", it's how they are treating certain players. Roy Hibbert is being allowed to do anything he wants and never be called for a foul. Notice how Hibbert fouled out only when the game was out of reach in the 4th. Meanwhile, in the 1st half, 0 fouls. For the second time this series. Something he had never done in his career.

how old are you?

you literally dont know shit about the game. first you overraeact react are a travel call that was called correctly and then you overreact about a foul that was correctly called, but could have also been a no call.

you are a a bitchy little baby.

LBJMVP
06-02-2013, 01:03 PM
lol

Completely jobbed now means receiving more FTA's in every single game except 1 (Miami had 1 more FTA than Indiana last night). :oldlol:

since when do free throw calls have anything to do with bad calls bad the ref.

its getting sad how many people use this excuse especially when indiana score twice as many points in the paint.

edrick
06-02-2013, 01:07 PM

its getting sad how many people use this excuse especially when indiana score twice as many points in the paint.

It's getting sad how many people ignore all of the missed calls on the Pacers, especially Hibbert. But, love to point out all of the missed calls on the Heat.

Dro
06-02-2013, 01:13 PM

Exactly, and its also sad how quickly they forget how the Pacers got robbed on some plays in this series, shot clock violation bs which killed ALL of the Pacers momentum in that game...Balls going off Heat players and still being rewarded possession...Calls that are impossible to make down the stretch, yet the NO review and the ball given to Miami, etc, etc, blah, blah...The Heat were down NINE points at that point, and if there is a no call made then the Pacers got the rebound anyway and they're fast breaking down to the other end, probably would've been two points...The fact that a Heat fan is whining and bitching about the refs and ignoring all the calls the Heat have been getting at crucial times is hilarious...

But, but, the free throws!!!! yeah, the Pacers score most of their points in the paint anyway idiots, of course they will probably bet more free throws...Who other than Lebron should be getting calls? WHO? Soft ass Bosh? Gimpy as Wade? Norris Cole? Sad ass Chalmers? Who the **** other than Lebron should be getting calls? NOBODY....Yet Heat fans whining about refs when you were supposed to win this series in 4-5 games anyway, remember? The Pacers have outplayed the Heat in this series...The Heat dominated game 3, Lebron dominated the 3rd quarter of game 5 and the refs helped Miami win game 1..(how quickly Heat fans forget the travesty of calls down the stretch in that game)..Other than that, you have been outplayed by the 49 win Pacers so stop whining, give your opponent respect and just accept the fact that you underestimated your opponents and now you want the refs to bail you out...Never thought Id see this from the fanbase of the defending champions and overwhelming favorites..:oldlol:

I haven't posted much this series, even when the Pacers have been playing really well, and this is why...Folks are just going to whine regardless..Whats there to discuss?:confusedshrug:

LBJMVP
06-02-2013, 01:25 PM
It's getting sad how many people ignore all of the missed calls on the Pacers, especially Hibbert. But, love to point out all of the missed calls on the Heat.

hibbert is goin straight up... he isnt fouling, and refs are finally on his side about it.

JMT
06-02-2013, 01:41 PM

Nope. Lebron's childish tantrum and the reaction from the Miami bench did all that damage. If James simply turns and heads down the floor it's nothing but an Indiana possession.

KG215
06-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Look, the Heat will likely win the series. Home court, best player, big game experience, the list goes on. That they're even being challenged by a team with the worst group of guards I can ever recall seeing in a conference final is not due to officiating or some conspiracy. It's due to a bad matchup and what I have always considered to be the weakness in Lebron: when the chips are down and the deck isn't stacked in his favor, he doesn't always respond like a leader or champion. I suppose when you've been anointed "the King" and "Chosen One" since you were a kid, it's hard to accept when everyone doesn't bow down and hand you what you want.
Pretty much all of this.

Trollsmasher
06-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Hibbert is immune to getting whistles against him, on both ends of the floor.

It's that simple.

BBallZen83
06-02-2013, 02:03 PM
If anything it should have been a defensive foul or no call. LeBron didn't knee or push off with his fore arm. Hibbert jumped to block the foul from the restricted zone. This series has been anything but called in Miami favor. People need to stop acting like there is always a conspiracy to favor Miami.

buddha
06-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Yeah it was a bad call, Hibbert has been getting those calls all playoffs though, especially in the Knicks series.

aburre21
06-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Pretty much all of this.
a Kevin Durant fan that hates Lebron :lol

kamil
06-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Exactly, and its also sad how quickly they forget how the Pacers got robbed on some plays in this series, shot clock violation bs which killed ALL of the Pacers momentum in that game...Balls going off Heat players and still being rewarded possession...Calls that are impossible to make down the stretch, yet the NO review and the ball given to Miami, etc, etc, blah, blah...The Heat were down NINE points at that point, and if there is a no call made then the Pacers got the rebound anyway and they're fast breaking down to the other end, probably would've been two points...The fact that a Heat fan is whining and bitching about the refs and ignoring all the calls the Heat have been getting at crucial times is hilarious...

But, but, the free throws!!!! yeah, the Pacers score most of their points in the paint anyway idiots, of course they will probably bet more free throws...Who other than Lebron should be getting calls? WHO? Soft ass Bosh? Gimpy as Wade? Norris Cole? Sad ass Chalmers? Who the **** other than Lebron should be getting calls? NOBODY....Yet Heat fans whining about refs when you were supposed to win this series in 4-5 games anyway, remember? The Pacers have outplayed the Heat in this series...The Heat dominated game 3, Lebron dominated the 3rd quarter of game 5 and the refs helped Miami win game 1..(how quickly Heat fans forget the travesty of calls down the stretch in that game)..Other than that, you have been outplayed by the 49 win Pacers so stop whining, give your opponent respect and just accept the fact that you underestimated your opponents and now you want the refs to bail you out...Never thought Id see this from the fanbase of the defending champions and overwhelming favorites..:oldlol:

I haven't posted much this series, even when the Pacers have been playing really well, and this is why...Folks are just going to whine regardless..Whats there to discuss?:confusedshrug:

LeBron* stans and Heat 'fans' (kingwillball, 3LiftHeatCurse, etc) just got their ass handed to them with this response.

Its pretty damn clear Indiana has been dominating the Heat all series long. Miami's lack of a big man is their #1 problem, and this is exactly the same situation LeBron* was in before Shaq came over to Cleveland. I hope Miami gets Dwight and fail again. LeBron* has earned his failures as much as he's earned his fines for flops. This guy is a disgrace to the game, he's made the league a joke.

leMVP
06-02-2013, 02:47 PM
What annoys me is that they're letting hibbert plays phyiscal in th paint, and then on the other side, Haslem and Bosh are being called for touch fouls compared to what hibbert does.

The refs needs to balance the series maybe, i don't know, but if you're going to allow physical defense allow on both sides.

--

Lebron's got more fouls than Hibbert in this series,amazing considering the role each of them play. smh

aburre21
06-02-2013, 02:49 PM

you mean the same game 1 when they gave Paul George three free throws for a nonexistent foul? :lol

Lebron had 4 fouls in 1 quarter in game 5 :facepalm

yes, the refs haven't been giving the Pacers any calls

Orlando Magic
06-02-2013, 02:50 PM
The other huge part of this that people are missing is the fact that Hibbert had not 100% established position by the time LeBron had gathered the ball and was starting to leave his feet. Hibbert was still moving to the spot as LeBron was leaving the ground.

That is a clear block. It's not LeBron's fault he can take off from further out than most people... that shouldn't give Hibbert the right to keep moving his feet to get into position.

It was a blocking foul no matter way you look at it.

Bad call. End of story.

Also... Miami should be ashamed for a play like that even having a chance to possibly be the deciding factor in a game for them. This series shouldn't have gone 7 in the first place.

ripthekik
06-02-2013, 02:55 PM
The other huge part of this that people are missing is the fact that Hibbert had not 100% established position by the time LeBron had gathered the ball and was starting to leave his feet. Hibbert was still moving to the spot as LeBron was leaving the ground.

That is a clear block. It's not LeBron's fault he can take off from further out than most people... that shouldn't give Hibbert the right to keep moving his feet to get into position.

Bad call. End of story.

Also... Miami should be ashamed for a play like that even having a chance to possibly be the deciding factor in a game for them. This series shouldn't have gone 7 in the first place.
Hibbert went straight up. Lebron went into him. Charge. Good call. End of story, see you next game.

edrick
06-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Hibbert went straight up. Lebron went into him. Charge. Good call. End of story, see you next game.

The hater has spoken. :bowdown:

Orlando Magic
06-02-2013, 02:57 PM

No, he didn't. He was leaning forward with his upper body and arms.

And also... he was still getting his feet into position to jump once LeBron was already leaving the ground.

It was a bad call.

IDGAF is Miami wins or not, lol. LeBron is a bitch and so is Wade.

It was just a bad call.

You, on the other hand, care very much if the Heat win or not because you slurp Kobe dong daily.

Blue&Orange
06-02-2013, 02:59 PM

If you are going to knee some player, no you are not allowed, this is like pre-school stuff.

omg The retards on this thread :lol :roll: :lol

So when a player is outside of the restricted area, feet planted and some guy tries to do a layup through him, with your pea brain, this is what you think:

"it isn't an offensive foul, some people are morons, what u are saying? u are not allowed to make layups on basketball?"

:lol :roll: :lol

Orlando Magic
06-02-2013, 03:00 PM
If you are going to knee some player, no you are not allowed, this is like pre-school stuff.

omg The retards on this thread :lol :roll: :lol

So when a player is outside of the restricted area, feet planted and some guy tries to do a layup through him, with your pea brain, this is what you think:

"it isn't an offensive foul, some people are morons, what u are saying? u are not allowed to make layups on basketball?"

His feet weren't planted and LeBron didn't knee him.

leMVP
06-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Btw, the ref that called the foul according to the press that was there, was behind the play, so i don't know how could he saw lebron's knee with hibbert's huge body blocking the way, he called for the elbow which was nothing and again even if lebron used his elbow, how could he see that it was extended towards hibbert from his position.

it's was bad call.

Blue&Orange
06-02-2013, 03:03 PM

Bad call. End of story.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8655369&postcount=14

:lol :oldlol: :lol

Blue&Orange
06-02-2013, 03:05 PM
His feet weren't planted and LeBron didn't knee him.
Stop watching basketball... seriously.

Derka
06-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Not sure why you're all arguing about knees when the elbow to Hibbert's face is what got the foul called. :oldlol:

Blue&Orange
06-02-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciL7GiaXnI8

This isn't a offensive foul! some guys are moron, What u are saying is...u are not allowed to dunk?

http://i.imgur.com/dIKxC6r.jpg

can someone post another example of a player going straight at another player with the knee high like that, and not being an offensive foul?

Please just one example.

Droid101
06-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Led with his knee and elbowed him in the neck.

At best, it's a no call. But dude, it was a pretty clear charge.

Didn't decide the game, so who cares anyway? Why get your panties in a twist when you should be pissed at Wade and Bosh for being no-shows?

HorryIsMyMVP
06-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Quite obviously a rigged game. Hibbert looks to be entirely in the restricted area. It's impossible to take a charge with both feet in the restricted area. Clear blocking foul. Basketball 101

Blue&Orange
06-02-2013, 03:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EDilYikI1k

Shit where was Kobe knee?

Droid101
06-02-2013, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EDilYikI1k

Shit where was Kobe knee?
What on earth does a game that took place 11 years ago (with different rules) have to do with today?

HorryIsMyMVP
06-02-2013, 03:22 PM
They refs didn't call it for the knee. They called it charging and both of Hibberts feet were in the restricted area. I mean that is cool and all but how is anyone ever going to score if big men are allowed to plant inside the restricted area and get charging calls.

d.bball.guy
06-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Good, bad, or no call, Pacers would've won anyway.

Derka
06-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Quite obviously a rigged game. Hibbert looks to be entirely in the restricted area. It's impossible to take a charge with both feet in the restricted area. Clear blocking foul. Basketball 101
From nba.com:
[quote]Restricted Area:
The restricted area (RA) is the area within the arched line on the court located below the rim. Its purpose is to stop secondary defenders from taking a position under the basket in an attempt to draw the offensive foul when a player is driving to the basket. If an offensive player drives past his primary defender on the way to the basket and a secondary defender comes over, he must establish a legal position outside the RA to draw an offensive foul. If the drive starts inside the Lower Defensive Box (LDB

Blue&Orange
06-02-2013, 03:26 PM

His feet weren't in the restricted area, they were in the air. There is no blocking foul on airborne contact, restricted area only count when you have your feet planted.

Stop watching basketball.

yes Hibbert spent the summer with Pacers staff basically training the jumping straight thing, while being illegal!

Droid101
06-02-2013, 03:26 PM
From nba.com:

He not only led with his knee, but elbowed Hibbert in the face on his way up. Restricted area rules no longer apply in this scenario.
And Hibbert jumped. The restricted area only applies if you just stand there trying to take a charge.

Droid101
06-02-2013, 03:27 PM
What on earth does a game that took place 11 years ago (with different rules) have to do with today?
Oh I see what you're saying. Kobe doesn't jump knee-first into his defenders. That is correct.

DJ Leon Smith
06-02-2013, 03:28 PM

Wrong. From the first page of this thread.

"The restricted are also does not apply if the secondary defender jumps in attempting to block the shot, the offensive player leads with his leg or knee in an unnatural motion or uses his off arm to prevent the defender from blocking his shot."

Reading is fundamental.

chazzy
06-02-2013, 03:29 PM
And Hibbert jumped. The restricted area only applies if you just stand there trying to take a charge.
This. How do people not know that? On a board where everyone here watches every game. Argue over the contact between Lebron and Hibbert in the air, not the restricted area. Seriously? :oldlol:

Kingwillball
06-02-2013, 03:29 PM
It was an obvious call like many others this series called wrong.

Dro
06-02-2013, 03:32 PM
you mean the same game 1 when they gave Paul George three free throws for a nonexistent foul? :lol

Lebron had 4 fouls in 1 quarter in game 5 :facepalm

yes, the refs haven't been giving the Pacers any calls
Ill let someone else point out the bs calls BEFORE that foul on Wade which I'm sure you've forgotten, mainly how Bosh got away with a blatant pushoff right before it, but you don't remember that right?:facepalm

And Pacers fans aren't the ones bitching about not getting any calls..so I'm not sure why you said "yes the refs haven't been giving the Pacers any calls" as if we're the ones in here crying about not getting calls..:biggums:

In fact, we're not bitching much at all...It was first Knicks fans, now Heat fans, both bitching about free throws after they both underestimated Indiana..Both fan bases are doing the same thing, lol...All of a sudden, there's a conspiracy to get the corn fed Pacers into the Finals :lol
Even some Knicks fans around here are still whining about that series..I've barely said anything else about that series since like game 2, lol...

chazzy
The first contact between Lebron and Hibbert is Bron's right elbow and Hibbert's face. Hibbert is going for a block so the restricted area does NOT matter

Derka

Hibbert's allowed to jump. He had established position and even had time to prepare himself to jump. He knew where he was...had he just taken the contact full on, Lebron gets the call and rightly so. Hibbert instead went straight up which he is allowed to do. Lebron saw that and went knee-first right into Hibbert's gut and then used his elbows to move Hibbert's arms out of the way. Offensive foul.

Blue&Orange
06-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Oh I see what you're saying. Kobe doesn't jump knee-first into his defenders. That is correct.
This is how low Lebrontards make me go, giving props to Kobe :D

Dro
06-02-2013, 03:34 PM

His feet weren't in the restricted area, they were in the air. There is no blocking foul on airborne contact, restricted area only count when you have your feet planted.

Stop watching basketball.

yes Hibbert spent the summer with Pacers staff basically training the jumping straight thing, while being illegal!
Well, I have to at least give one Knick fan credit...I didn't even know the exact rule but its obvious, if you jump to contest, the restricted area goes out the window....I thought fans were tired of superstars driving the lane and getting all the calls even when they initiate the contact or in some cases, barely get touched at all? Now they actually let big men put up a fight and we've got people crying because a 270 pound, bulldozing man doesn't get a foul everytime he drives the ball to the basket....:wtf:

aburre21
06-02-2013, 03:43 PM
these guys obviously never picked up a bball in their life

They don't know the difference between jumping off two feet and jumping off one.

If you do a layup off one foot, which is a text book layup, you'll lead with your knee every time because it's a natural motion

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b119/treis/1_zps38328f31.png

LeBron knee clearly came down before he contacted Hibbert though

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b119/treis/2_zpsdff7c220.png

you don't knee someone and get your legs tangled or between their legs. He clearly didn't knee him

http://imageshack.us/a/img708/5769/1081lebronjamesdunk.jpg

http://cdn2.stormgrounds.com/stormgrounds-cdn/media/Lebron-James-Dunk.jpg

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/801/lebrondunk.jpg

as we can see, when you jump off one leg, your knee bends...because it's natural

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3171/27414010.jpg

Hibbert was also not straight up and down, his arms were coming forward

Derka
06-02-2013, 03:47 PM
lmao, picking and choosing screen caps :roll: :roll: You children are crazy.

Watched the play in real-time. Watched the replay dozens of times. I wouldn't have called it personally, but it was an offensive foul and the ref chose to blow it. Just move on.

Dro
06-02-2013, 03:49 PM
At best its a no-call in which the Pacers are fast breaking to the other end anyway since they got the rebound...THIS is what Heat fans are crying about saying this cost them the game when they were down like 9 points anyway? After all the BLOWN calls on BOTH SIDES this entire series...We're harping on this? Really? *miz voice*

aburre21
06-02-2013, 03:51 PM
At best its a no-call in which the Pacers are fast breaking to the other end anyway since they got the rebound...THIS is what Heat fans are crying about saying this cost them the game when they were down like 9 points anyway? After all the BLOWN calls on BOTH SIDES this entire series...We're harping on this? Really? *miz voice*

that's a defensive foul. but it should have been a no call at worst. Hibbert didn't get there until LeBron made his gather so he wasn't established first of all and he didn't go straight up and down, point blank period. GTFOH!

aburre21
06-02-2013, 03:53 PM
lmao, picking and choosing screen caps :roll: :roll: You children are crazy.

Watched the play in real-time. Watched the replay dozens of times. I wouldn't have called it personally, but it was an offensive foul and the ref chose to blow it. Just move on.
if you think that's an offensive foul by any stretch of the imagination, you're an idiot and should quit watch bball

Droid101
06-02-2013, 03:54 PM
if you think that's an offensive foul by any stretch of the imagination, you're an idiot and should quit watch bball
April 2013

aburre21
06-02-2013, 03:56 PM
April 2013
doesn't change the fact that I played organized basketball since the age of 8. You clowns have never been on a court in your life and wanna talk like you're experts:lol

chazzy
06-02-2013, 03:56 PM
The first contact between Lebron and Hibbert is Lebron's right elbow and his face

Droid101
06-02-2013, 03:58 PM
doesn't change the fact that I played organized basketball since the age of 8. You clowns have never been on a court in your life and wanna talk like you're experts:lol
I'm 6'9" tall and played division 1 at University of California: Irvine.

But don't let that get in the way of your crying about a call that didn't decide the game in any way.

aburre21
06-02-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm 6'9" tall and played division 1 at University of California: Irvine.

But don't let that get in the way of your crying about a call that didn't decide the game in any way.

there was 4+ mins left. you never know what could have happened if they had made the correct call

refs clearly gave the Pacers the advantage. 1 ft for the Heat in the entire first half :facepalm

Droid101
06-02-2013, 04:06 PM
refs clearly gave the Pacers the advantage. 1 ft for the Heat in the entire first half :facepalm
Uh, Hibbert had six fouls called on him in the second.

You Heat "fans" are getting ridiculous.

Why not look at Bosh and Wade, the real reason you're going down to a game 7.

JMT
06-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Uh, Hibbert had six fouls called on him in the second.

You Heat "fans" are getting ridiculous.

Why not look at Bosh and Wade, the real reason you're going down to a game 7.

This.

If not for out-of-their-minds shooting performances by offensive threats like Andersen and Haslem, Indiana would have won the series already.

JMT
06-02-2013, 04:38 PM
there was 4+ mins left. you never know what could have happened if they had made the correct call

If James had just kept his composure and run downcourt, like a team leader is supposed to, all it would have amounted to was an Indiana possession.

Instead, his antics drew a T. The bench coach got another, which is usually done to draw the refs attention away from the player and save him from getting a second T. And Miami and "The Chosen One" lost their focus and crapped the bed the rest of the way.

Hittin_Shots
06-02-2013, 04:38 PM

You mean if they made the incorrect call that you wanted them to make...

Blue&Orange
06-02-2013, 05:04 PM
as we can see, when you jump off one leg, your knee bends...because it's natural

lol you posted pics where he is dunking with nobody in front of him and then another were he tries to go through a player with he knee up and you wonder why it was a foul!

HOW RETARDED ARE YOU!

According to you this isn't a foul :lol :oldlol: :lol

Clifton
06-02-2013, 05:14 PM
I will say this though: I'm happy that refs, as long as they're wrong, are erring on the side of the defense now. It will greatly improve the quality of basketball we see over time, if they stay consistent. When in doubt, there should be no call.

Defensive players should respond to this by playing more fundamental defense. If you can actually contest shots correctly without getting whistled for an obligatory foul call because the superstar missed, you don't need to play cheap, choppy defense with your hands on the perimeter. Guys play D with their hands because refs don't allow them to play D with their bodies. No whistle for shooters initiating contact and obviously playing for a whistle unless the guy on defense actually *fouls* them. I say bravo.

NumberSix
06-02-2013, 05:33 PM
You can tell who's an idiot by seeing the same usual haters calling it a "charge" as if "charge" is the only kind of offensive foul that exists.

Dengness9
06-02-2013, 05:35 PM
You can tell who's an idiot by seeing the same usual haters calling it a "charge" as if "charge" is the only kind of offensive foul that exists.

NumberSix talking about the refs??????? :rolleyes:

Same shit different day for puss boy.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-02-2013, 05:40 PM
This is just a glaring example of how the referees are treating Roy Hibbert, the greatest Center of NBA history. He never commits a foul.

He had never in his life, never in his career, gotten to halftime of a game with 0 fouls. Guess what, he has done it twice already vs Miami in this series.

The referees are making sure Hibbert never gets in foul trouble unless the game is over and out of reach.

NumberSix
06-02-2013, 05:40 PM
NumberSix talking about the refs??????? :rolleyes:

Same shit different day for puss boy.
Am I? :confusedshrug:

chazzy
06-02-2013, 05:42 PM
This is just a glaring example of how the referees are treating Roy Hibbert, the greatest Center of NBA history. He never commits a foul.

He had never in his life, never in his career, gotten to halftime of a game with 0 fouls. Guess what, he has done it twice already vs Miami in this series.

The referees are making sure Hibbert never gets in foul trouble unless the game is over and out of reach.
:cry:

NumberSix
06-02-2013, 05:43 PM

Well, that's not really accurate. Didn't Hibbert foul out last night?

Anyway, last nights loss was because of refs. Did Indiana gets favourable officiating? Sure. More than the usual home court advantage? No.

The officiating was fine. Miami lost fair and square.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Well, that's not really accurate. Didn't Hibbert foul out last night?

Anyway, last nights loss was because of refs. Did Indiana gets favourable officiating? Sure. More than the usual home court advantage? No.

The officiating was fine. Miami lost fair and square.

As I said, he never gets fouled out or gets in foul trouble unless the game is out of reach.

Derka
06-02-2013, 06:12 PM

I know you are, but what am I?

LongLiveTheKing
06-02-2013, 06:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLxoJucCQAIZ2ED.jpg
Hibitch hit Lebron with his arm!

Droid101
06-02-2013, 06:18 PM

And he never got 6 fouls in one half, either.

Anything else you'd like to add?

aburre21
06-02-2013, 06:20 PM
lol you posted pics where he is dunking with nobody in front of him and then another were he tries to go through a player with he knee up and you wonder why it was a foul!

HOW RETARDED ARE YOU!

According to you this isn't a foul :lol :oldlol: :lol

that's only to illustrate that leading with your knee when you're jumping off one leg is a natural motion :facepalm

james jones was out of the restricted area, beat Mcgee to the spot. How does that compare to this?

(e)
06-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Baffles me how nobody here knows the rules of the game, yet act like they do. People keep bringing up the fact Hibbert is in the restricted area, but that's completely irrelevant in this case.

Meticode
06-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Personally I feel there should've been a no-call on that play.

Meticode
06-02-2013, 06:50 PM
OP, sprint like LeBron.

http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/52/77/bc1f2df4eb676a5b533d134c2677b17b-purse-thief-smashes-through-glass-door.gif

3LiftHeatCurse
06-02-2013, 10:13 PM

http://media.naplesnews.com/media/img/photos/2013/05/26/SPORTS_BKN-PACERS-HEAT_19_FL_t607.JPG

http://www.sportsnet.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/bosh_hibbert640.jpg

kamil
06-02-2013, 10:15 PM
So Heat fans are sorta getting a taste of their own medicine and they don't like it?

Who would have thought?!

bluechox2
06-02-2013, 10:21 PM
yall saying knicks fans were whiny :lol

Vragrant
06-02-2013, 11:58 PM
I honestly think Lebron reacted that way because in game 4 he picked up a critical 5th foul on the exact same play only he was the defender going "straight up" and he picked up the foul.

The roles are reversed so obviously Lebron was like, "WTF? I did the same thing other day and I got a foul for it now I get the foul for going hard to the basket?"

He overreacted to the call, but people here are making to big of a deal out of it.

Xiengqichess
06-03-2013, 12:12 AM
People didn't look at Le Bron's right leg. That could knock Hilbert out. That's the reason for the offensive foul called.

toooo
06-03-2013, 12:35 AM

LBJ led with his ****ing knee. Did you even watch the video?

toooo
06-03-2013, 12:38 AM

http://media.naplesnews.com/media/img/photos/2013/05/26/SPORTS_BKN-PACERS-HEAT_19_FL_t607.JPG

http://www.sportsnet.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/bosh_hibbert640.jpg

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lebron-flop.jpg

There are plenty more where that came from.

plowking
06-03-2013, 12:57 AM
LBJ led with his ****ing knee. Did you even watch the video?

He did not, to the point of actually intending to hit into someone. You naturally lead with the knee if you jump off one foot anyway...
It wasn't like Battier's where it was blatantly obvious he wanted to hit Hibbert.

I don't know why people can't admit it was a bad call, and that Lebron should have got free throws. Its not the end of the world.

jimmy77x
06-03-2013, 12:59 AM
I dont agree with the offensive foul but THIS is leading with your knee, and no call :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGuWgCps4Kw

360crazy
06-03-2013, 01:11 AM
Stop watching basketball... seriously.

Dude you are very very very obnoxious. Can you post a reply without an insult?:wtf: It's very unsettling and disturbing that you are so obnoxious and insulting when there is absolutely no need to be.

OAN: It was a bad call. It was a no call if anything. I think we saw this same play happen to reggie jackson for a game winner this postseason (a no call). There is absolutely no way that was a legitimate charge.

toooo
06-03-2013, 03:03 AM
He did not, to the point of actually intending to hit into someone. You naturally lead with the knee if you jump off one foot anyway...
It wasn't like Battier's where it was blatantly obvious he wanted to hit Hibbert.

I don't know why people can't admit it was a bad call, and that Lebron should have got free throws. Its not the end of the world.

Lollll. Ok.