PDA

View Full Version : Before game 7, before you judge Lebron, take a look at this chart

black&scholes
06-03-2013, 03:50 AM
Miami Heat team stat in the eastern conference finals:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/toyotamotors/1-3_zpse4a0a754.jpg

Lebron is averaging 28.5ppg, 7.2rpg, 5.5apg, 1.3spg, 1.5bpg, 51.6%fg, 43.8%3p. He's leading the team in ppg, rpg, apg, and spg.

Lebron is averaging 14 more points than the second highest scorer on the Heat, the "superstar" Wade.

Lebron is averaging twice as much rebound as Chris Bosh, who is averaging 3.7rpg as a starting center.

Despite all the physicality and defensive focus on Lebron, he is still averaging 28.5ppg on over 51% shooting.

So before you criticize Lebron, look at the numbers. Is it really Lebron's fault?

chazzy
06-03-2013, 03:54 AM
We can judge Lebron after the game is over, no need to do damage control already

Derivative
06-03-2013, 03:55 AM
This is no different than when Lebron was playing for the Cavs, despite all good Lebron plays and how sh1tty his teammates are, he still gets all the blame for losing.

Derivative
Birdman
Miller

Shooting 100% for the series. :eek:

miller's sample size is small, only 3 shots. But Birdman's is pretty amazing.

BoutPractice
Wow. I haven't really looked at stats this playoffs... I knew they were bad from watching them play, but not THIS bad. They seem to be both injured, which would explain it.

plowking
The only thing I can look at on that chart is Ray Allen's and Battier's shooting numbers. Even more perplexing is how they're shooting that bad when they've been wide open.

BoutPractice
06-03-2013, 03:58 AM
And you're right... 28%? 12%?
It's statistically unlikely that all those players would turn cold at the same time for a whole series.
At least one of them is bound to step up... eventually.

unbreakable
06-03-2013, 04:02 AM
:eek:
look at those FGAs.. no wonder wade and bosh are pissed
:eek:

305Baller
06-03-2013, 04:03 AM
http://ceoseats.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/death-stare.gif

SpaceJammeR
06-03-2013, 04:03 AM
wow thats ridiculous. had no idea bosh was playing that bad too. i thought it was just wade. haters will still blame lebron. lol

BoutPractice
06-03-2013, 04:06 AM
unbreakable > He was averaging those FGA in Cleveland, and only averaged 2/3 less in Miami.
Hardly the difference maker here.

unbreakable
06-03-2013, 04:14 AM
unbreakable > He was averaging those FGA in Cleveland, and only averaged 2/3 less in Miami.
Hardly the difference maker here.

spo needs to give bosh more touches, period.

NattyPButter
06-03-2013, 04:26 AM
Lebron needs to post up and stop shooting jumpers and doing heat checks nuff said.

Kingwillball
06-03-2013, 04:37 AM
Bottom Line is He needs to produce in gm 7 and bring this thing home..his 34 ppg Gm 7 average makes me feel pretty good cause he will probably need that kind of effort.

BoutPractice
06-03-2013, 04:52 AM
I don't think it's necessarily LeBron's statistical line that will matter.

They need to win the game... If they don't make any adjustments as a team, they may lose even if LeBron scores 35 on a near triple double.

In order to win they'll need to design plays that get Wade and Bosh in their spots.
Maybe start with a curl-based play that gets Wade a simple layup to get him going. Pick'n'rolls that get Bosh an open midrange jumper. Invite Allen, Battier and Miller to the party too.

If anything the headline MIA wants to see tomorrow, the one that gives them the best chance to win the title in the end, is "Wade steps up/LeBron's teammates step up, Miami advances to Finals", NOT "Miami advances to Finals behind LeBron's historic effort". (Of course, they really want to avoid "Indiana upsets Miami despite LeBron's monstrous game" and "Indiana advances to Finals as Heat goes cold". Also "Miami wins thriller with clutch free throws from Wade/LeBron", which would imply a ref job).

Nash
06-03-2013, 05:00 AM
Man my boy Bosh :( 3 rpg is just shocking really. Miami has no business what so ever being 1 game away from the finals.

havoc33
06-03-2013, 05:13 AM
The only thing I can look at on that chart is Ray Allen's and Battier's shooting numbers. Even more perplexing is how they're shooting that bad when they've been wide open.
Give credit to Indiana. They are one of the best teams in the NBA at defending the 3-point shot. They close out extremely well.

No way will Miami loose tonight, but boy if they did it would be an upset of historical proportions. :oldlol:

Rubio2Gasol
06-03-2013, 05:17 AM
Inidana has no business being in this series from a talent standpoint, even from a team standpoint - they are not constructed as well as Miami. Riley must mad as hell.

sekachu
06-03-2013, 05:22 AM

Lebron is averaging 28.5ppg, 7.2rpg, 5.5apg, 1.3spg, 1.5bpg, 51.6%fg, 43.8%3p. He's leading the team in ppg, rpg, apg, and spg.

Lebron is averaging 14 more points than the second highest scorer on the Heat, the "superstar" Wade.

Lebron is averaging twice as much rebound as Chris Bosh, who is averaging 3.7rpg as a starting center.

Despite all the physicality and defensive focus on Lebron, he is still averaging 28.5ppg on over 51% shooting.

So before you criticize Lebron, look at the numbers. Is it really Lebron's fault?

Great stats for him. On the other look, he didn't make his teammate better.

Collie
06-03-2013, 06:01 AM
The Pacers are doing the tried and tested "Let the superstar get his, but shut down his teammates" act.

Blue&Orange
06-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Lebon so unlucky!

If only he had Felton and JR, or Kevin Martin and Reggie Jackson or Gasol and Blake.

How hard must be to play with such incredible cherry picker, stat whore like Lebron?

When Wade says he needs to be put in position to do better he knows what he is talking about, he is tired of standing in the corner watching Lebron wasting the shot clock asking for screens to get rid of Paul George and then receiving the ball with 2 seconds left because Lebron didn't got the shot he wanted(layup or dunk) :oldlol:

Did you guys saw how horrible Lance was in game 5? Did you guys notice who Lebron started to defend after half-time? This guy even cherry picks his defensive assignments. :oldlol: Guarding the best player? Nahh, i will guard the player that is shooting air balls instead! :lol

AirFederer
06-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Wade and Bosh obviously play like shit, but Lebron is not moving the ball as well as during the streak. Less drible is needed, more movement. Still think Heat will take this, but a Pacers win would be huge.

edrick
06-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Did you guys saw how horrible Lance was in game 5? Did you guys notice who Lebron started to defend after half-time? This guy even cherry picks his defensive assignments. :oldlol: Guarding the best player? Nahh, i will guard the player that is shooting air balls instead! :lol

Let me guess, you're trying to say that Lebron stayed on him all half, right? People should know by now that Lebron guards different players all game long, we're not all retarded enough to believe your BS.

raid09
06-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Lebon so unlucky!

If only he had Felton and JR, or Kevin Martin and Reggie Jackson or Gasol and Blake.

How hard must be to play with such incredible cherry picker, stat whore like Lebron?

When Wade says he needs to be put in position to do better he knows what he is talking about, he is tired of standing in the corner watching Lebron wasting the shot clock asking for screens to get rid of Paul George and then receiving the ball with 2 seconds left because Lebron didn't got the shot he wanted(layup or dunk) :oldlol:

I'm sure guarding David West in the 4th quarters is cherry picked as well. :facepalm

Let's not act like LeBron isn't switching all over the place on a lot of possessions.

All Net
06-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Bosh averaging 11 and 3 is why this series is 3-3 along with their role players playing like crap..that and Indy are great defensively and a nightmare match-up with Hibbert.

Clifton
06-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Lebron is doing that on single coverage. It's important to keep that in mind. That opens nothing up for the rest of the team. He's not enforcing his will on anything. He's not playing as well as his numbers indicate. He's not as much a threat as his numbers indicate.

That said, the offense is stagnant as hell, and that's the coach's fault. I haven't seen them run a single offensive set with any conviction all series, and the brilliant offball movement that's characterized them for most of the season is not happening. That's the main problem. Everyone's just shooting long 2s one on one.

STATUTORY
06-03-2013, 09:24 AM
I thought he's suppose to make his teammates better?

Bandito
06-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Chris Bosh 56 FGA...56...

coin24
06-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Lebron is doing that on single coverage. It's important to keep that in mind. That opens nothing up for the rest of the team. He's not enforcing his will on anything. He's not playing as well as his numbers indicate. He's not as much a threat as his numbers indicate.

That said, the offense is stagnant as hell, and that's the coach's fault. I haven't seen them run a single offensive set with any conviction all series, and the brilliant offball movement that's characterized them for most of the season is not happening. That's the main problem. Everyone's just shooting long 2s one on one.

This:applause: Stats really dont tell the whole story this series.. For all his numbers, LeBron has looked like shit out there, the rest of the Heat even worse.

It actually does remind me of the Cavs, in that they cruise all regular season relying on iso LeBron, LeBron drive and kick etc etc... Then in the playoffs, teams realise they dont actually have ANY offensive plan and they struggle...
Just like this series, LeBron is only being gaurded with single coverage, yet isnt dominating shit. The role players arent getting there wide open shots and no one else is in any sort of rhythm to do anything..

Face it, LeBron is the downfall of this "team".. Blame Wade and Bosh all you want but it will be the same shit no matter where or who Bronzey plays with..

Frozen1
06-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Wade has almost the same amount of assists as lebron despite having the ball much less.

fpliii
06-03-2013, 10:20 AM
LeBron is obviously playing well, but he and Spo need to make a concerted effort to get Wade/Bosh the ball earlier and more often to create shots for themselves/plays for others.

OldSchoolBBall
06-03-2013, 10:24 AM

Jordan averaged 14-16 more ppg than "superstar" Pippen in the '92, '93, '96, and '98 postseasons. See how silly you sound?

BoutPractice
06-03-2013, 10:27 AM
What's silly is comparing Wade's current performance to Scottie Pippen's.

Wade is supposed to be a scorer, and he's not scoring. He's not doing much else either.

Scholar
06-03-2013, 10:30 AM
So are we supposed to excuse LeBron for putting up empty stats?

cos88
06-03-2013, 10:32 AM
pretty sure he won't disappear and choke like kobe in game 7 vs phx. he's waaaay better than that.

Scholar
06-03-2013, 10:40 AM
pretty sure he won't disappear and choke like kobe in game 7 vs phx. he's waaaay better than that.
That's right. He'd rather disappear against the Celtics in 2010 & choke in the Finals twice (2007 & 2011). Kobe wouldn't choke in the Finals. He's waaaaay better than that.

I hate feeding a troll, but this guy probably just started watching basketball this year. May as well straighten him out.

Chrono90
06-03-2013, 10:43 AM
This chart shows me one thing. Fault on the coach.

r15mohd
06-03-2013, 10:45 AM
So are we supposed to excuse LeBron for putting up empty stats?

what empty stats...he's the only one producing on the team consistently. you all can try and paint Lebron wrong here, but reality is Lebron is the only reason this series is still going...he's shouldering the Heat in almost every aspect and if it wasn't for him, the Heat would've gone fishing after the Bulls series.

I love how ripthekik and his compadres tried to persuade the boards into believing Miami was this huge jauggernaut, even if James were missing...you clearly see that's not the case.

Golderado
06-03-2013, 10:51 AM
No reason whatsoever for bosh to produce 3.* reb a game, even if he's out of place on offense which he shouldn't always be, he should be pounding it on defense to atleast double that number...

Of those with decent minutes played, only Cole got less total off rebounds than bosh by a total of 1... in 70 minutes less played -_-

cos88
06-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Kobe wouldn't choke in the Finals. He's waaaaay better than that.

I hate feeding a troll, but this guy probably just started watching basketball this year. May as well straighten him out.

2004, 39% fg on one of the most stacked teams in the history of sports vs an underdog. choke after choke after choke.

last year vs okc and this whole year, 8 seed with another stacked team etc.

he likes to choke for full seasons. :facepalm . put lebron on 13 lakers and do you thing they'll finish 8th ? :lol

IncarceratedBob
06-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Why isn't LeBron playing more minutes??

You're the star, kid

IncarceratedBob
06-03-2013, 11:03 AM
2004, 39% fg on one of the most stacked teams in the history of sports vs an underdog. choke after choke after choke.

last year vs okc and this whole year, 8 seed with another stacked team etc.

he likes to choke for full seasons. :facepalm . put lebron on 13 lakers and do you thing they'll finish 8th ? :lol
In 2004 he was still Shaqs sidekick remember

You can't choke as a 2nd option.

TheOne
06-03-2013, 11:05 AM
What's the point of discussing Lebron's states now? Real champion will step up and win in Game 7. Let's see if they can do it tomorrow.

RossTalksSports
06-03-2013, 11:17 AM
What's silly is comparing Wade's current performance to Scottie Pippen's.

Wade is supposed to be a scorer, and he's not scoring. He's not doing much else either.

I'll preface this by saying that Wade is not having a good series.

Wade is averaging 4.5 rebounds per game which is 3rd to LBJ and Birdman

4.8 assist per game which is 2nd to LeBron with less usage. plus 1.3 stls and 1.5 blocks per game. Looking at the free throw attempts you can see even thogh he isn't scoring well he's drawing a relatively high number of fouls on Ind because they idiotically go for that pump fake. He's contributing decently well in categories other than points.

Blue&Orange
06-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Let me guess, you're trying to say that Lebron stayed on him all half, right? People should know by now that Lebron guards different players all game long, we're not all retarded enough to believe your BS.
People should know... flawless argument.

MJ23forever
06-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Mark this down. As long as the Heat play like this, They will not beat the Spurs in the Finals. That is not winning basketball. Lebron is a ball stopper on offense, he holds on the ball from 30 feet out and someone comes to set a screen. He barely plays off the ball, Barely.

The whole team has become reliant on him. He is their offense and it isn't because his teammates are inept. It's kind of hard to find a good rhythm and get 'hot' when Lebron dribbles out the shot clock at the top of the key, then drives into the paint, gets the foul or throws it out to shooters who have been cold all night long to have to make tough shots.

That style of ball in the eastern conference may get you somewhere but you'll never win a championship against a great team.

What happened to "Lebron makes his teammates better? If you are going to blame anyone blame James and Erik Spoelstra who was tricked into abandoning team play for I-wanna-get-my-30-points, isolation at the top of the key, run over Paul George basketball. Of course if you dominate the ball that much you will probably get your 30 points and around 6 assists.

Just like those 60 win Cavs teams, Miami had a successful regular season because Lebron created easy shot opportunities for his teammates and got them the basketball in the right places. In this series, the Pacers forced his teammates to create for themselves and Lebron has played right into their hands. Wade and Bosh have had to work a lot harder and their shot has suffered. All of a sudden his teammates suck... really? They can't be that bad if they helped him to 66 wins, a historic 27 game win streak and sweep the Bucks and backdoor sweep the Bulls.

LikeABosh
06-03-2013, 11:49 AM
LOL people so ready to have the Heat's funeral. Last I checked this series is tied 3-3. People acting like Heat are down 3-0.

Ne 1
06-03-2013, 01:33 PM
This:applause: Stats really dont tell the whole story this series.. For all his numbers, LeBron has looked like shit out there, the rest of the Heat even worse.

It actually does remind me of the Cavs, in that they cruise all regular season relying on iso LeBron, LeBron drive and kick etc etc... Then in the playoffs, teams realise they dont actually have ANY offensive plan and they struggle...
Just like this series, LeBron is only being gaurded with single coverage, yet isnt dominating shit. The role players arent getting there wide open shots and no one else is in any sort of rhythm to do anything..

Face it, LeBron is the downfall of this "team".. Blame Wade and Bosh all you want but it will be the same shit no matter where or who Bronzey plays with..

Mark this down. As long as the Heat play like this, They will not beat the Spurs in the Finals. That is not winning basketball. Lebron is a ball stopper on offense, he holds on the ball from 30 feet out and someone comes to set a screen. He barely plays off the ball, Barely.

The whole team has become reliant on him. He is their offense and it isn't because his teammates are inept. It's kind of hard to find a good rhythm and get 'hot' when Lebron dribbles out the shot clock at the top of the key, then drives into the paint, gets the foul or throws it out to shooters who have been cold all night long to have to make tough shots.

That style of ball in the eastern conference may get you somewhere but you'll never win a championship against a great team.

What happened to "Lebron makes his teammates better? If you are going to blame anyone blame James and Erik Spoelstra who was tricked into abandoning team play for I-wanna-get-my-30-points, isolation at the top of the key, run over Paul George basketball. Of course if you dominate the ball that much you will probably get your 30 points and around 6 assists.

Just like those 60 win Cavs teams, Miami had a successful regular season because Lebron created easy shot opportunities for his teammates and got them the basketball in the right places. In this series, the Pacers forced his teammates to create for themselves and Lebron has played right into their hands. Wade and Bosh have had to work a lot harder and their shot has suffered. All of a sudden his teammates suck... really? They can't be that bad if they helped him to 66 wins, a historic 27 game win streak and sweep the Bucks and backdoor sweep the Bulls.

:applause:

DMAVS41
06-03-2013, 03:45 PM
We can judge Lebron after the game is over, no need to do damage control already

This...and we've seen many other players carry squads like this...and win series in the process.

Against better teams than the 49 win Pacers with no bench and Granger hurt.

Lebron is least to blame no doubt, and he's played well...but he hasn't been great overall.

And until he loses playing great...no need to worry about damage control.

See Duncan's 2006 game 7 as an example of playing great and losing. Or hell...Lebron in 08 game 7 as well.

If Lebron does stuff like that and loses...then we'll adjust blame accordingly. But being marginally better or slightly better than Paul George again just won't cut it.

RRR3
06-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Chalmers da GAWD :bowdown:

TheMarkMadsen
06-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Inb4 anti climatic HEAT 30 pt win after Hibber West & PG foul out in the first quarter.

Raymone
06-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Bingo. LeBron puts up the numbers. The outcome of this game is secondary to great stats.

STATUTORY
06-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Bingo. LeBron puts up the numbers. The outcome of this game is secondary to great stats.
:roll: this troll accounting speaking what Lebron fans truly feel but are too afraid to say

bravo :applause:

Nebraskanball
06-03-2013, 04:42 PM
He's leading the team in turnovers and is shooting a terrible FT%

Good point, op.

dh144498
06-03-2013, 05:04 PM

:oldlol:

:lol
:roll: :roll:

seriously, dafuq.

Clifton
06-03-2013, 05:10 PM
This Stats really dont tell the whole story this series.. For all his numbers, LeBron has looked like shit out there, the rest of the Heat even worse.
Let's put it this way. I hate to drop a J-bomb, but do you really think if you put Paul George on Michael Jordan and didn't send any help, he'd have 28ppg at this point? Lebron's whole game is predicated on there being people to pass to, because he can't reliably finish unless he's got a layup. He's great at being what he is, but in the event there isn't anybody open because they're playing you with single coverage, you have to drop 40 on them, period. Heck, even Steve Nash used to do that. He was never a GOAT candidate.

DMAVS41
06-03-2013, 05:56 PM

Looks about as good as the help Dirk got in the 2011 playoffs overall.:confusedshrug:

NBASTATMAN
06-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Bosh is avg less than 4 rebounds a game :bowdown:

NBASTATMAN
06-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Looks about as good as the help Dirk got in the 2011 playoffs overall.:confusedshrug:

I would say the big difference is in the rebounding department. If Miami can rebound with Indiana then they should win. In the losses they have had they were killed on the boards.. I wrote this would happen all year.. :rockon:

DMAVS41
06-03-2013, 06:07 PM
I would say the big difference is in the rebounding department. If Miami can rebound with Indiana then they should win. In the losses they have had they were killed on the boards.. I wrote this would happen all year.. DMAVS AKA NBASTATMAN:rockon:

I know...kind of trolling, but not too much. Just not a huge difference with the great play of Haslem and Birdman in this series.