PDA

View Full Version : referees announced for tonight's game

Rose'sACL
06-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Scott Foster, Mike Callahan, Ken Mauer, and alternate- Tom Washington.
Congrats to pacers for making the finals http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400464469.

Doranku
06-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Neither Crawford? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReturnofJPR
06-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Scott Foster is a douche, the fix is in. Miami by 15

I'm pretty sure Scott Foster has direct links to the NBA's ugly years of refs betting on the outcomes of games and influencing the spread in Vegas. How does he still ref games??

I mean look at these guys, they look like they're from Chicago's Outfit or something..

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/chris_mannix/06/03/refs/mike-callahan.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/Ken_Mauer.jpg/200px-Ken_Mauer.jpg

10 years ago, these guys were breaking knee caps off the Vegas Strip somewhere..

aj1987
06-03-2013, 11:38 AM
R.I.P. Miami Heat.

Rose'sACL
06-03-2013, 11:39 AM
I know Bulls fans don't like Scott Foster but he's a no-nonsense type of ref, he'll set the tone early on and let you play but won't take any shit from players. That said, a game 7 will have a lot of whistles interrupting the game, which is not good for Miami's tempo.

Still better than a Joey Crawford though. Miami doesn't have a good record in recent years when Joey is officiating their playoff games.

nathanjizzle
06-03-2013, 11:44 AM
stick to hockey

Rose'sACL
06-03-2013, 11:48 AM
stick to hockey
just because Chicago suddenly loves hockey doesn't mean everyone should love hockey.

ReturnofJPR
06-03-2013, 11:50 AM
just because Chicago suddenly loves hockey doesn't mean everyone should love hockey.

Chicago has loved hockey for decades, it's not my fault most of the youngsters posting here never were able to experience Chicago Stadium like I did. The best hockey/basketball stadium that ever was built...no better experience.

iamgine
06-03-2013, 11:51 AM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1178121343/Pat_Rileys_Rings.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/Ken_Mauer.jpg/200px-Ken_Mauer.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ufbn4b_XPp0/UChzv4u3dGI/AAAAAAAAQhQ/bLbuM8WHwGU/s640/jackie+chan+meme+500x280.jpg

ReturnofJPR
06-03-2013, 11:52 AM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1178121343/Pat_Rileys_Rings.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/Ken_Mauer.jpg/200px-Ken_Mauer.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ufbn4b_XPp0/UChzv4u3dGI/AAAAAAAAQhQ/bLbuM8WHwGU/s640/jackie+chan+meme+500x280.jpg

:lol

BoutPractice
06-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Wait, are we talking about this guy?
http://www.aolnews.com/2008/07/16/the-gambling-evidence-does-not-look-great-for-scott-foster-or-th/

ReturnofJPR
06-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Wait, are we talking about this guy?
http://www.aolnews.com/2008/07/16/the-gambling-evidence-does-not-look-great-for-scott-foster-or-th/

Exactly!

The fix is in no matter which team wins. It's whoever the insiders choose to bet on that will win tonight...

arifgokcen
06-03-2013, 12:07 PM
I know Bulls fans don't like Scott Foster but he's a no-nonsense type of ref, he'll set the tone early on and let you play but won't take any shit from players. That said, a game 7 will have a lot of whistles interrupting the game, which is not good for Miami's tempo.

Still better than a Joey Crawford though. Miami doesn't have a good record in recent years when Joey is officiating their playoff games.
The problem with joey crawford and miami or any star studded team is that joey crawford dont like others getting the spotlight so he tries everything in his power to be the star on the court with his decisions and actions
He is an arrogant douche.He might be the worst referee.

ProfessorMurder
06-03-2013, 12:24 PM
I can't believe they still have refs in the league that were tied to Donaghy... :facepalm

At least Danny or Joey Crawford won't be working tonight.

LikeABosh
06-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Heat will win. Pacers will probably even shoot more free throws, again.

Shaquille O'Neal
06-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Mike Callahan
Born in the Philadelphia suburb Havertown, Pennsylvania, Donaghy attended Cardinal O'Hara High School in Springfield, Pennsylvania[4] along with three other NBA referees: Joe Crawford, Mike Callahan, and Ed Malloy.

"The Daily News also learned that the bookies in the scandal were two high school classmates of Donaghy's who embellished their mob ties. The Daily News reported that at his friends' request, Donaghy passed word about the crews working the games they planned to bet on."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy

3LiftHeatCurse
06-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Congrats to pacers for making the finals http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400464469.

Damn,....

Congratulations Indiana for your trip to the Finals. **** the NBA

I thought Dan Crawford was reffing.... I had hope...... but now I see we are ****ed. RIP my Heat.....most rigged series since Sac-LA

ReturnofJPR
06-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Where there is smoke, there is fire.

The NBA is the most corrupt of the 4 professional major sports in the United States. They should be investigated by the Feds.

HoopsFanNumero1
06-03-2013, 12:40 PM
I saw that Knicks game. The refs kept calling touch fouls on the Knicks while Pacers were allowed to rough up the Knicks players.

Fudge
06-03-2013, 12:42 PM

:roll:

3LiftHeatCurse
06-03-2013, 12:42 PM
I saw that Knicks game. The refs kept calling touch fouls on the Knicks while Pacers were allowed to rough up the Knicks players.

Roy Hibbert has been turned into the GOAT Center to every play in the NBA by the referees.

What a shitty season. The only hope for my Heat now is for everyone to make their shots and take the refs out of the game.

Damn bro, I thought Dan Crawford was reffing tonight..... this is so fked.

Droid101
06-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Roy Hibbert has been turned into the GOAT Center to every play in the NBA by the referees.

What a shitty season. The only hope for my Heat now is for everyone to make their shots and take the refs out of the game.

Translation: :cry:

ReturnofJPR
06-03-2013, 12:52 PM

Why do you think the cHEAT will lose? The insiders very well may have bet on them.

Rose'sACL
06-03-2013, 12:53 PM

The NBA is the most corrupt of the 4 professional major sports in the United States. They should be investigated by the Feds.
I agree .it started from the early 90s when bulls started winning those championships. all championships won before 90s are legit. after 90s began, championships won by small market teams like spurs are the only legit ones.

Shaquille O'Neal
06-03-2013, 01:33 PM

2 of these three each ref'd the 2006 finals games 3 and 4 separately.

Thoughts?

tpols
06-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Hibbert is going to be on the bench by the 8 minute mark of the first.

Shaquille O'Neal
06-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Hibbert is going to be on the bench by the 8 minute mark of the first.

Or David West. Or both. Feel bad for Indiana, but still rooting for Lebron.:wtf:

keep-itreal
06-03-2013, 02:00 PM
the ref is gonna fake an injury and then joey crawford will sub in.

the fix is in.

Ne 1
06-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Regardless of what happens, if the Heat win, the haters will say it was rigged, and if the Pacers win, it wasn't and vice versa with the Heat/LeBron fans. :facepalm Typical.

I'm rooting for the Pacers, but I don't engage in conspiracy theories. And if one looks at it logically, and statistically, in Game 7's, the home team wins the vast majority of the time. So while it's not a guarantee, mathematically, the Heat have a better chance at winning this one.

btw why do conspiracy theorists act like rigging games is a no-risk, maximum reward ploy, when in reality loads of people could go to prison and have their lives ruined. The loss in revenue/tv ratings from say, not getting the ideal teams in the Finals, is far lower than the losses would be if there was even a hint of the league/refs fixing games.

Rondo
06-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Didn't Foster give a technical against Sam Young simply for looking in the direction of LeBron James?

Yeah, the Heat should definitely be worried...

dh144498
06-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Damn,....

I thought Dan Crawford was reffing.... I had hope...... but now I see we are ****ed. RIP my Heat.....most rigged series since Sac-LA

:oldlol:

stephanieg
06-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Only way Pacers can win is if they hit a shit ton of threes or LeBron's knee explodes.

Shaquille O'Neal
06-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Regardless of what happens, if the Heat win, the haters will say it was rigged, and if the Pacers win, it wasn't and vice versa with the Heat/LeBron fans. :facepalm Typical.

I'm rooting for the Pacers, but I don't engage in conspiracy theories. And if one looks at it logically, and statistically, in Game 7's, the home team wins the vast majority of the time. So while it's not a guarantee, mathematically, the Heat have a better chance at winning this one.

btw why do conspiracy theorists act like rigging games is a no-risk, maximum reward ploy, when in reality loads of people could go to prison and have their lives ruined. The loss in revenue/tv ratings from say, not getting the ideal teams in the Finals, is far lower than the losses would be if there was even a hint of the league/refs fixing games.

Do you still believe in Santa and the tooth fairy too? :facepalm

Are you saying NO NBA games have ever been rigged? No fights? Follow the money my friend - you know many more people will tune in if it's Miami vs. the Spurs. More ratings, more $$$$$. I'm sure during commercials you can watch Mr. Rodgers change his shoes a few times too, if you can get your head unburied from the sand you've dug it in.

BoutPractice
06-03-2013, 02:43 PM
I don't think anyone would argue that no games have ever been rigged, since one of the referees actually got caught...

branslowski
06-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Rambling removed

NumberSix
06-03-2013, 02:52 PM
I hope Miami gets a BLATANT amount of unfair home-cooking.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-03-2013, 02:56 PM
I hope Miami gets a BLATANT amount of unfair home-cooking.

I am praying we D-Whistle and LeFlop our way to the Finals. The referees owe us 3 games already we have gotten screwed so bad

HEAT111
06-03-2013, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-BoeBedZ3k

Ne 1
06-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Do you still believe in Santa and the tooth fairy too? :facepalm

And you must believe the moon landing was faked, Elvis Presley is still alive, the government has been hiding space aliens, George W. Bush had the Twin Towers wired up to collapse on 9/11, and JFK's assassination was a mafia hit.

Are you saying NO NBA games have ever been rigged?

Do I think NBA games/playoff series have been poorly officiated? Sure. Do I think there's some grand conspiracy by the league to fix the outcome of playoff series and that the outcome of games are decided beforehand? No. Refs are human and they make mistakes and are going to miss things. The players make mistakes, the coaches make mistakes, and the refs are going to make them.

Follow the money my friend - you know many more people will tune in if it's Miami vs. the Spurs. More ratings, more $$$$$.

So you think Stern sat in a dark room and told his minions "the Heat must win this series?"

As I said, the loss in revenue/tv ratings from not getting the ideal teams in the Finals, is far lower than the losses would be if there was even a hint of the league and Stern fixing series. You tin foil hat conspiracy theorists think rigging the games is a no-risk, maximum reward ploy, when in reality loads of people could go to prison and have their lives ruined.

Also, if you really believe that the NBA is scripted like the WWE, that the outcome of Finals series are predetermined, than why watch basketball? You conspiracy theorist people are nuts. If it's fixed, get out of this abusive relationship and stop being a consumer.

Heavincent
06-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Damn,....

:roll:

Heat homers say it's rigged if Stern doesn't send Dan Crawford to fix it for them :oldlol:

Ne 1
06-03-2013, 03:19 PM
I will say this though:

- Older refs seem to be slightly more predictable in their questionable calls; more time in the league leading to more time listening to players complain, it makes sense

- At times younger refs defer to the older refs even when the young ref has a MUCH better angle, which sometimes leads to a bad call; this gives an opportunity for #2 to come in to play and how many times have we seen the official on top of the play be overturned by one across the court, and it is frustrating.

- Refs sometimes feed into the momentum of the game, giving the team with momentum the benefit of the whistle; watch some of the officials and their calls get more animated when the crowd is really into it, like they are making a big play themselves, this happens a lot on 50/50 charges/blocking foul, happens with some refs (Dick Bavetta) more than others

edrick
06-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Do I think NBA games/playoff series have been poorly officiated? Sure. Do I think there's some grand conspiracy by the league to fix the outcome of playoff series and that the outcome of games are decided beforehand? No. Refs are human and they make mistakes and are going to miss things. The players make mistakes, the coaches make mistakes, and the refs are going to make them.

Exactly, and human beings are shitty.

buddha
06-03-2013, 03:31 PM

Like the feds aren't corrupt.

buddha
06-03-2013, 03:34 PM
The loss in revenue/tv ratings from say, not getting the ideal teams in the Finals, is far lower than the losses would be if there was even a hint of the league/refs fixing games.

Is your head soft? read some of the posts in this very thread. Refs have been indicted and other refs have very close ties to them. There is more than a damn hint of fixing, yet the NBA is doing just fine because retards like you are so damn gullible.

ReturnofJPR
06-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Like the feds aren't corrupt.

At least the Feds can hold organizations accountable. Nobody can hold them accountable...

ThatsGame
06-03-2013, 03:42 PM
I hope we do win because of a bunch of awful calls, the Pacer's have been allowed to get away with anything the entire postseason. It's despicable how the games are reffed in favor of them, especially Hibbert.

Shaquille O'Neal
06-03-2013, 06:31 PM
And you must believe the moon landing was faked
Maybe - very hard to believe MAN could travel 286,000 miles and back in that short of time with 1969 NASA technology.

Elvis Presley is still alive

To quote P.E. - Elvis is dead as a doorknob

the government has been hiding space aliens

Nope.

George W. Bush had the Twin Towers wired up to collapse on 9/11

Of course not.

and JFK's assassination was a mafia hit.
It sure as hell wasn't a lone gunman in the watchtower. You can't think that's the case do you?:facepalm

So you think Stern sat in a dark room and told his minions "the Heat must win this series?"

As I said, the loss in revenue/tv ratings from not getting the ideal teams in the Finals, is far lower than the losses would be if there was even a hint of the league and Stern fixing series. You tin foil hat conspiracy theorists think rigging the games is a no-risk, maximum reward ploy, when in reality loads of people could go to prison and have their lives ruined.

Also, if you really believe that the NBA is scripted like the WWE, that the outcome of Finals series are predetermined, than why watch basketball? You conspiracy theorist people are nuts. If it's fixed, get out of this abusive relationship and stop being a consumer.

I think in 2002 they decided that the WCF should go 7 games. I also think the league didn't care much for Mr. Cuban in 2006 and made sure Miami won that series.

Enjoy living in candyland brother. I choose reality.

Shaquille O'Neal
06-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Is your head soft? read some of the posts in this very thread. Refs have been indicted and other refs have very close ties to them. There is more than a damn hint of fixing, yet the NBA is doing just fine because retards like you are so damn gullible.
Apparently he never watched the 2002 western conference finals. He must've missed the 27 free throws the Lakers took in the 4th quarter, the phantom fouls on Divac and Pollard, the letter that Ralph Nader wrote to Stern about the series, the hundreds of analysts that all agree it was fixed, as well as the former referee that went to PRISON stating that series was fixed.:facepalm

But, fixing can only be done if it's a "no risk / maximum reward" according to him. Life is black and white in NE1's world. God forbid it'd be a "reward is WORTH the risk" effort, or a low-medium risk / high reward effort. In my undergrad we learned about risk levels in econ 101.:rolleyes: It's difficult to PROVE a series/game/play is "fixed" but you see that hasn't stopped Stern yet.
2002 WCF
2006 Heat
2010 Finals game 7
Suns/Spurs series in the mid 00's
Game Kobe hurt his ankle in this year (50 free throws by LA)

I continue to watch because it's like a train wreck - just like the reason I still watch boxing. Can't turn away, but I know the truth.

nathanjizzle
06-03-2013, 07:51 PM

the poorest comprehension i have seen on this forum ever.