PDA

View Full Version : Is Paul George better than Kevin Durant?

WolfGang
06-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Ok, so me and my brother are having an epic argument about Kd and George. He truly believes that Durant isn't as good as Paul because Durant lost without Westbrook. My argument is that Paul has Hibbert and West and Durant's team wasn't as good. I keep telling him that next year nobody will be saying that Durant isn't the second best if not the best. Say who you guys think is better so I can show him the results.

jimmy77x
06-03-2013, 04:14 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm Is this serious? George is a second/third option player. Amazing how overrated he has become.

DMAVS41
06-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Durant is definitely better at this point, but PG obviously has the game and work ethic to be the best player in the game in 5 years in my opinion.

Fudge
06-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Paul George does absolutely nothing better than Durant aside from dunking. I can't think of anything.

But hi Silkk.

NBAller
06-03-2013, 04:18 PM
and so you needed reinforcement to prove your brother wrong?

he doesn't know what he's talking about. kevin's better than paul. paul's team is better than durants without westbrook.

niko
06-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Not even remotely close nor do i think he will every be at the level Durant is. This intangible shit is getting ridiculous. You don't become Durant or Lebron due to intangibles. You need the intangibles, but you also need the sick ridiculous talent. Sick ridiculous talent shits on intangibles.

HurricaneKid
06-03-2013, 04:29 PM
I would take him to the ER quickly. It is evident he had a severe brain injury. Remember, time lost in brain lost.

Shade8780
06-03-2013, 04:29 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm Is your brother mentally retarded by any chance?

IGOTGAME
06-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Durant is definitely better at this point, but PG obviously has the game and work ethic to be the best player in the game in 5 years in my opinion.
Are you trolling?

It really isn't even remotely close. He will be lucky to become a mainstay on the all NBA second team.

DMAVS41
06-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Are you trolling?

It really isn't even remotely close. He will be lucky to become a mainstay on the all NBA second team.

It's obviously not close right now.

But in 5 years I truly believe PG could be the best player in the game.

How is that trolling? Have you seen the game this kid currently has? And he's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

He's a full max contract guy right now for sure.

Carbine
06-03-2013, 04:39 PM
George is quickly becoming the most overrated player in the NBA.

You'd think he would be shutting Bron down and having a dominant series, but he's putting up 21.5/5.5/6 with 5 turnovers per game.

IGOTGAME
It's obviously not close right now.

But in 5 years I truly believe PG could be the best player in the game.

How is that trolling? Have you seen the game this kid currently has? And he's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

He's a full max contract guy right now for sure.
Either you are trolling or silly. Either I'm outta this tread.

LONGTIME
Paul George does absolutely nothing better than Durant aside from dunking. I can't think of anything.

He's a better defender than Durant.

dh144498
06-03-2013, 04:40 PM

this.

tikay0
06-03-2013, 04:44 PM

Exactly this.

Fudge
06-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Either you are trolling or silly. Either I'm outta this tread.
How's that silly to think? He'll be 28 in 5 years, normally around the range when players are in their prime or hit their peak.

Dude has a respectable jump shot, runs the floor wall, handles the ball well, plays good D, and his passing is getting better every year. Every one of those attributes, if developed more, can make him the best in the league. It's 5 years we're talking.

Btw, didn't George have like a late growth spurt? Isn't he like 6'10" now? :eek:

KG215
06-03-2013, 04:46 PM

But hi Silkk.
He's a better defender than Durant. Not that it really matters, because being better at this doesn't make someone better than someone else, but Durant's had plenty of in-game dunks as nasty or nastier than the two we've seen from George int his series. Of course I don't watch many Pacer games in the regular season, so that may be a fairly common thing for George, but Durant's one of the best (if not the best) in-game dunkers in the NBA right now.

Carbine
06-03-2013, 04:48 PM
George would have to dramatically improve to be considered the best player in the game.

KG215
06-03-2013, 04:48 PM
How's that silly to think? He'll be 28 in 5 years, normally around the range when players are in their prime or hit their peak.

Dude has a respectable jump shot, runs the floor wall, handles the ball well, plays good D, and his passing is getting better every year. Every one of those attributes, if developed more, can make him the best in the league. It's 5 years we're talking.

Btw, didn't George have like a late growth spurt? Isn't he like 6'10" now? :eek:
And Durant will be 29 in 5 years, it's not like there's 3-5 years separating George and Durant. At this point George isn't close to where Durant was last year or this year. Not saying George won't be a top 5 or even top 3 player in the 5 years, but right now he's got a VERY long way to go to catch-up to Durant. And it's not like Durant isn't a gym rat, tireless worker, etc. He's in the Kobe, Jordan, LeBron mold of players who eat, drink, breathe, and sleep basketball.

Jailblazers7
06-03-2013, 04:49 PM

Durant is only 1 year older and better at everything than George that you listed except defense and he is only getting better.

All Net
06-03-2013, 04:50 PM
He's no where near that level....

Jacks3
06-03-2013, 04:51 PM
:oldlol:

Bandito
06-03-2013, 04:52 PM
He's a better defender than Durant. Not that it really matters, because being better at this doesn't make someone better than someone else, but Durant's had plenty of in-game dunks as nasty or nastier than the two we've seen from George int his series. Of course I don't watch many Pacer games in the regular season, so that may be a fairly common thing for George, but Durant's one of the best (if not the best) in-game dunkers in the NBA right now.PG is a way better in game dunker than Durant, not that it counts for anything important when comparing Basketball players based on skill.

Durant is better on everything else though. But I think PG has the work ethic to become better than Durant in 3 years if he continues to practice. But it all depends on hard work, because Durant is no slouch either.

niko
06-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Paul George averaged about 17ppg this year on 41% shooting. He had a nice amount of assists but also had 3 turnovers so the ratio was eh. He's a nice player, and a player (as someone said) who might become a 2nd team all nba occasional member if he keeps improving.

That's not Durant. That's not remotely close to Durant. His defense is not even remotely close to a level to erase all those other things.

Durant is what, 1 year older than George?

Carbine
06-03-2013, 04:55 PM
PG isn't a better in-game dunker. Durant has done people dirty off the bounce or in transition quite a bit.

Myth
06-03-2013, 04:58 PM
George is one of my favorite players in the league. He can be a top 10 player for several years. At best, he may crack #5 (and consistent team success is what would get people believing that), but I doubt that and no way is he ever going to be a top 3 player.

Clifton
06-03-2013, 05:00 PM
urant is definitely better at this point, but PG obviously has the game and work ethic to be the best player in the game in 5 years in my opinion.
People take this "being high on a high-character, well-rounded player" thing way too far sometimes...

The only reason George has a chance to *perhaps* be a top 5 player someday is because the league is so short on elite players and big men right now.

The main reason the Pacers could win the series is matchups. They have a Hibbert and the Heat don't. George has been good on offense and near-great on defense, but he doesn't have the potential to be a creator or initiator on offense that you need to be a top perimeter player.

That said, I think top players are overrated, and I'd rather have George, a guy I know will be great no matter who he's surrounded with, than many of the "top players" of the day (Melo, for instance).

Legends66NBA7
06-03-2013, 05:02 PM
No, absolutely not. George being a better defender, doesn't mean he's even close to Durant.

dh144498
06-03-2013, 05:03 PM
everytime i see someone say PG i think of point guard instead of paul george.
:coleman:

Fudge
Pretty sure he's 2 years older, but meh. I think George still has more room for improvement.

Seems like KD's maxed out as a player. His limbs are too long to be a GREAT ball handler and facilitator like a Jordan or LBJ-- i've finally come to that conclusion. Both are very turnover prone, something that can get better over time. But George can be AS good of a shooter than current Durant. That's for sure. Needs to work on being more efficient as well. But hey, it's 5 years, so who knows. Always fun making predictions. I still think KD is far far far ahead of him right now. But they'll definitely be 1 and 2 in the next few years when/if LeBron declines.

WolfGang
I showed him the the stats, but he keeps saying Durant just wasn't good enough to carry his team. I'm like, "can George do it on his own?"

tikay0
06-03-2013, 05:05 PM
I'll tell you this much. I prefer watching George to watching Durant and his swing through fouls, and red carpet treatment to the foul line.

lefthook00
06-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Simply ask your brother this question: Is Paul George a top 3 player in the NBA? The argument should be settled then.

NumberSix
06-03-2013, 05:08 PM

But hi Silkk.
Dat D doe.

KG215
06-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Pretty sure he's 2 years older, but meh. I think George still has more room for improvement.

Seems like KD's maxed out as a player. His limbs are too long to be a GREAT ball handler and facilitator like a Jordan or LBJ-- i've finally come to that conclusion. Both are very turnover prone, something that can get better over time. But George can be AS good of a shooter than current Durant. That's for sure. Needs to work on being more efficient as well. But hey, it's 5 years, so who knows. Always fun making predictions. I still think KD is far far far ahead of him right now. But they'll definitely be 1 and 2 in the next few years when/if LeBron declines.
You're right, sort of. George just turned 23 a month ago and Durant will be 25 in September. So there's about a year and a half separating them. I think people forget Durant's only 24 when talking about the other young stars and who might be the best or top 3-5 players in 3-5 years. Durant's only a year or so older than George and Harden, younger than Curry, and the same age as Love and Griffin.

If Durant and George are 1 and 2 in a few years, I think the gap between the two of them will be as big or bigger than the gap between LeBron and Durant right now.

Fudge
06-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Dat D doe.
Tru doe.

KG215
06-03-2013, 05:12 PM
I'll tell you this much. I prefer watching George to watching Durant and his swing through fouls, and red carpet treatment to the foul line.
Yeah, because pretty much all Durant does the 40 or so minutes he's on the floor is try to draw rip/swing through fouls and shoot FT's.

IGOTGAME
06-03-2013, 05:12 PM
And Durant will be 29 in 5 years, it's not like there's 3-5 years separating George and Durant. At this point George isn't close to where Durant was last year or this year. Not saying George won't be a top 5 or even top 3 player in the 5 years, but right now he's got a VERY long way to go to catch-up to Durant. And it's not like Durant isn't a gym rat, tireless worker, etc. He's in the Kobe, Jordan, LeBron mold of players who eat, drink, breathe, and sleep basketball.
Ill say it. George is not talented enough to be a top 1-3 player in the league. People are really sipping on the Kool Aid. He is not even close to the talent that KD is. I hope he developes but imo his peak would be an star who battles for all nba second or third team. He isn't the quality of player or talent of past guys who were in the conversafion for best in the league.

tikay0
06-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Yeah, because pretty much all Durant does the 40 or so minutes he's on the floor is try to draw rip/swing through fouls and shoot FT's.

Pretty much. :confusedshrug:

KG215
06-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Pretty much. :confusedshrug:
:cheers:

Whatever you say.

tikay0
06-03-2013, 05:17 PM

Whatever you say.

Just messin wit ya.

Zoobieshoes
06-03-2013, 05:29 PM

This...

arifgokcen
06-03-2013, 05:36 PM
I would take him to the ER quickly. It is evident he had a severe brain injury. Remember, time lost in brain lost.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
nice1

NumberSix
06-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Tru doe.

http://www.waterwarcrimes.com/uploads/3/6/3/8/3638406/7010_orig.jpg

Fudge
06-03-2013, 05:41 PM
http://www.waterwarcrimes.com/uploads/3/6/3/8/3638406/7010_orig.jpg
Canadoe >>>

tazb
06-03-2013, 05:42 PM

But hi Silkk.

Lmao. Basketball knowledge exposed.

The only thing Durant has on Paul George is shooting. See how easy that was? :confusedshrug:

Fudge
06-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Lmao. Basketball knowledge exposed.

The only thing Durant has on Paul George is shooting. See how easy that was? :confusedshrug:
What?

chazzy
06-03-2013, 05:51 PM
No. Let's not overrate this guy.. PG doesn't need haters already

mentallooser
06-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Not in any way shape or form. He is an excellent player, and who knows what his upside is, but let's not get carried away and have one more highly hated player.

KG215
06-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Not in any way shape or form. He is an excellent player, and who knows what his upside is, but let's not get carried away and have one more highly hated player.
It's just the natural progression on here when young players start showing signs of being a star or superstar. Durant had his time where people were really jumping the gun in 2010 after the World Championships and OKC's breakout season. Now it's Curry and George's turn after some impressive playoff performances.

kobebeangoat
06-03-2013, 06:20 PM
I would take George on my team 10/10 times.

imdaman99
06-03-2013, 06:53 PM
durants big men got humiliated by the heat. paul george's big men have dominated the heat. there is the damn difference. how stupid can stupid people be? :facepalm