PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James and Heat ruined my love for Basketball

RagaZ
06-04-2013, 07:29 AM
I used to watch literally every Playoff-game.

But this year, i think i have only watched 3-4 games.

I think the reason is LeBron James. This **** stands for everything i dislike in sports.

I like sports where you support team first, then the player. But then i discovered this site, and its shocking to see grown men ******ging a single person so much. It reminds me of 13 year old Justin Bieber Fangirls who does the same thing.

Its also a shame watching a team like Heat having success with their "Win now" strategy. Why cant teams draft their way to success like Bulls or Spurs. Oh, and they have sh*t-fans too and doesnt have history like Lakers or Celtics. When LeBron James was born, Heat didnt even exist.

An angel dies, everytime these twats win a Playoff-Series.

Sharmer
06-04-2013, 07:34 AM
angels die......:roll:

I<3NBA
06-04-2013, 07:37 AM
that's nothing to what Kobe ruined

a woman's life

ripthekik
06-04-2013, 07:42 AM
:applause:
Lebron is demonstrating the wrong morals to the society. That colluding is good. That veering from adversity and taking the easy way out is better than facing it: MJ: "If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."

And that you should do things at all costs to get what you want, even if you have to cheat (flopping).

This man ruined competitive basketball, literally and figuratively. :facepalm

9erempiree
06-04-2013, 07:46 AM
You guys know that I have to explain to people why I watch basketball. They always ask me how I can watch grown men flop.

Basketball is like the new soccer.

I have to explain why the MVP of the league flops. Yes, Lebron is giving us basketball fans a bad name.

You guys should hear the stuff casual fans say when they watch Lebron flop.

K Xerxes
06-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Lebron is demonstrating the wrong morals to the society. That colluding is good. That veering from adversity and taking the easy way out is better than facing it: MJ: "If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."

And that you should do things at all costs to get what you want, even if you have to cheat (flopping).

This man ruined competitive basketball, literally and figuratively. :facepalm

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/460/873/4b3.jpg

Sharmer
06-04-2013, 07:59 AM
LBJ play is on another level, he's on par with Jordan.

This has mind f u cked all the haters.

SpaceJammeR
06-04-2013, 08:01 AM
lol lebron doing something right.

Magic 32
06-04-2013, 08:06 AM

6-6 > 1-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JskyovzAyiA&t=2m38s

He will never be better (and more importantly respected) than MJ.

derb2k2
06-04-2013, 08:07 AM
ridiculous thread lol. keep the whine coming though

r15mohd
06-04-2013, 08:10 AM

I think the reason is LeBron James. This **** stands for everything i dislike in sports.

I like sports where you support team first, then the player. But then i discovered this site, and its shocking to see grown men ******ging a single person so much. It reminds me of 13 year old Justin Bieber Fangirls who does the same thing.

Its also a shame watching a team like Heat having success with their "Win now" strategy. Why cant teams draft their way to success like Bulls or Spurs. Oh, and they have sh*t-fans too and doesnt have history like Lakers or Celtics. When LeBron James was born, Heat didnt even exist.

if you believe that Lebron is the reason for your loss of love for basketball, then I'd have to say you never really "loved" basketball to begin with. a player with such talent, the best since the best (MJ) left the game, is dominating in record fashion and somehow it's making you hate the game. it's not the game you hate, you probably just never liked this particular 1 player in general...and now it hurts because he's on top the league, doing things rarely seen before in NBA history :rolleyes:

and stars moving during FA isn't anything new, Barkely joined the Rockets, Malone/GP joined the Lakers, the Celtics Big3 came together quite some time before 2010 and really, many teams began clearing space for the 2010 season from years prior. So don't be in shock and awe when what was prepped to take place, major FA signings in 2010...actually took place in 2010.

StackzUp
06-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Lebron is one of the greatest. I don't see how you can't love basketball right now. We are watching one of the G.O.A.T.S at his prime. Embrace it.

Sharmer
06-04-2013, 08:13 AM
6-6 > 1-4

These are subjective questions, the fact you say never, makes you bias.

LBJ current level of play is only matched by MJ.

arifgokcen
06-04-2013, 08:16 AM
another troll thread

Magic 32
06-04-2013, 08:17 AM

There is nothing subjective about 6-6.

That's perfection.

This is not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe8KUEQdn4

bagelred
06-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Haters gonna hate. :dancin

Magic 32
06-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Haters gonna hate. :dancin

Spurs gonna win

Nero Tulip
06-04-2013, 08:30 AM
This is really pathetic. Not to mention the timing of this rant is ridiculous, just a week before the Spurs win their 5th championship.

Bigsmoke
06-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Blame the whole super team thing on the 08 Celtics

The Heat got talent in the same positions that the Celtics had theirs at

Magic 32
06-04-2013, 08:47 AM
3 veterans who paid their due > 3 losers in their prime forming a super-team.

Foster5k
06-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Obviously, pro sports isn't your thing. Go watch Game of Thrones or something.

dbk123
06-04-2013, 09:48 AM
You joined fcking July 2011 to most likely troll heat fans after losing the finals. :facepalm

sportjames23
06-04-2013, 10:04 AM

No.

bmulls
06-04-2013, 10:06 AM
No.

The only thing Jordan has over Lebron is the career resume. As a player in his prime Lebron is as good as anybody who has ever played.

Flash31
06-04-2013, 10:12 AM

YEAH I KNOW ITS EXTREMELY SHOCKING ,THE HEAT ARE THE ONLY TEAM THAT BUILT THROUGH FA AND are dominating the league,other teams made teams off the draft

I mean who CAN FORGET THE LAKERS DRAFTING KAREEM,WILT,SHAQ,GASOL to their team and drafting well support in goodrich,magic,artest,worthy,baylor

or how about those 2008 celtics,or the 2011 MAVS
The MAVS had one of the most well built drafted teams,they had a payroll of 105 million dollars,you know they were trying tio win the decent way

or how about those 60s celtics,the 80s celtics,the 90s bulls with Horace Grant,Dennis Rodman OR

HOW ABOUT NOW

you have teams trying to win the decent way

Knicks with only a 100 mill dollar payroll,lakers with 110 mill dollar payroll,Pacers acquiring d west,nets with 90 mill dollar payroll

I mean theyre trying to win the decent way by having league lows in payroll and building all through well built draft choices,not some evil cheating horrible thing like free agency,what team could do such a thing

Magic 32
06-04-2013, 10:12 AM
The only thing Jordan has over Lebron is the career resume. As a player in his prime Lebron is as good as anybody who has ever played.

http://blog.vh1.com/files//2010/04/brandy2_gif1.gif

edrick
06-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Magic 32 sure is pissed that the Heat are in the Finals again.

kNicKz
06-04-2013, 10:26 AM
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/51ad47366bb3f7bd5800000b-900-1240/justin-bieber-heat-pacers-game-7.jpg

chazzy
06-04-2013, 10:27 AM
No

MJ23forever
06-04-2013, 10:30 AM

Nope.

1990-1992 MJ would own any version of Bron in a playoff series. And when I say "own" I mean he would so clearly outplay him that there could not possibly be any debate who won the individual matchup. Bron would obviously put up his 'all around' numbers. But it would be absolutely clear who the better player and who impacted the game more was.

On top of that Jordan gives you Kobe on steroids in the 4th quarter and clutch time, which has been one of LeBron's liabilities. Not to mention Mike is a better midrange shooter, man to man defender, and less likely to defer to a lesser player down the stretch. If Lebron had Jordan's mentality he might be Jordan good and if he also had a better 10-18 foot game.

Nash
06-04-2013, 10:33 AM

You are a ****in' dumbass. There is no right way how you become a fan. Player, team.. whatever. Jesus, people need to get off their high horse and stop acting as if the only way to watch the NBA is by their own set of rules.

And what kind of fan are you to stop supporting your team because of one player?

Scholar
06-04-2013, 10:34 AM
I don't know how one player can ruin an entire sport for you. All this LBJ hate is just as annoying as the LBJ love.

Hate LeBron for being a bitch made person IRL, but don't hate on his game. He's not the best basketball player in the world for no reason.

FLDFSU
06-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Blame the whole super team thing on the 08 Celtics

The Heat got talent in the same positions that the Celtics had theirs at

:applause: The Celtics started this. Pat Riley just took it to the extreme.

bmulls
06-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I will say Lebron ruined fantasy bball for me. Whoever gets Lebron can be a total idiot and still win the league.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-04-2013, 12:50 PM
I don't know how one player can ruin an entire sport for you. All this LBJ hate is just as annoying as the LBJ love.

don't hate on his game. He's not the best basketball player in the world for no reason.

This. These same clowns probably weren't even "NBA fans" to begin with. Lame ****ing casuals at best. :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-04-2013, 12:56 PM
^To follow up ... I dont root for Miami or Lebron, again though, I recognize and appreciate greatness. Some of you need to do the same and quit taking this stuff to the extreme.

Shaquille O'Neal
06-04-2013, 01:00 PM

As a near 40 year old Jordan "stan" it pains me to say this, but yes. Lebron is on Jordan's level; first time I've felt that way since 1998. Seen other great players and guys get hot/streaky, but to deliver the overall game as consistently as Lebron is now is flat out amazing. Kind of sucks he wasted the first half of his career in Cleveland, and I'm an Ohioan.

Enjoy the LBJ show while we can; anything can happen. I'm enjoying it immensely.

stanlove1111
06-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Really. I haven't enjoyed watching a player this much since Bird. I hate the franchise in Miami but I like watching Lebron so much ( love all around players ) that I actually root for the Heat to win. And there is nothing to dislike about the guy personally...Loving it.

NumberSix
06-04-2013, 01:04 PM
There is nothing subjective about 6-6.

That's perfection.

This is not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe8KUEQdn4
MJ played more than 6 seasons.

Shaquille O'Neal
06-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Really. I haven't enjoyed watching a player this much since Bird. I hate the franchise in Miami but I like watching Lebron so much ( love all around players ) that I actually root for the Heat to win.

This. How can you hate on a dude that passes and works hard on defense and tries to rebound?

Goldrush25
06-04-2013, 01:05 PM
LOL @ the OP's melodrama.

Where was this outrage when the Celtics formed their team? You don't like Lebron. Just be honest and tell the truth instead of speaking of "your love for basketball."

OP just amounts to another self-appointed "purist" that makes their own rules about how things should be done, what's right and what's wrong.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-04-2013, 01:06 PM
As a near 40 year old Jordan "stan" it pains me to say this, but yes. Lebron is on Jordan's level; first time I've felt that way since 1998. Seen other great players and guys get hot/streaky, but to deliver the overall game as consistently as Lebron is now is flat out amazing. Kind of sucks he wasted the first half of his career in Cleveland, and I'm an Ohioan.

Enjoy the LBJ show while we can; anything can happen. I'm enjoying it immensely.

Agreed.

PickernRoller
06-04-2013, 01:07 PM
that's nothing to what Kobe ruined

a woman's life

1 million dollars that you will never have disagrees.

lol:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ripthekik
06-04-2013, 01:07 PM
LOL @ the OP's melodrama.

Where was this outrage when the Celtics formed their team? You don't like Lebron. Just be honest and tell the truth instead of speaking of "your love for basketball."

OP just amounts to another self-appointed "purist" that makes their own rules about how things should be done, what's right and what's wrong.
:facepalm
Do you not understand basketball? I guess I'm not surprised at all.

Celtics- those guys were in their thirties, nobody were in their prime anymore. They were also traded for, they didn't collude together one summer in their primes.

secund2nun
06-04-2013, 01:13 PM
6-6 > 1-4

Losing in the finals>>>>>>>>>>>>> losing in the first round.

Lebron already is one year ahead of Jordan in the age by age ring count. Haters are scared.

Goldrush25
06-04-2013, 01:13 PM
:facepalm
Do you not understand basketball? I guess I'm not surprised at all.

Celtics- those guys were in their thirties, nobody were in their prime anymore. They were also traded for, they didn't collude together one summer in their primes.

Again, more stipulations from you guys. Superstars can come together if they're a certain age. If they're too young that's not ok.:oldlol:

And quit using the word collusion. Its becoming apparent that you don't know the meaning of the word.

ripthekik
06-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Again, more stipulations from you guys. Superstars can come together if they're a certain age. If they're too young that's not ok.:oldlol:

And quit using the word collusion. Its becoming apparent that you don't know the meaning of the word.
Not saying whether anything is ok or not. But saying there's a HUGE difference between the heat coming together and the Celtics. If you can't see that, you're just dumb.

And yes, 3 stars coming together in their prime is such a big deal because it has pretty much never happened in NBA history.

Raymone
06-04-2013, 01:26 PM
If you're not a fan of LeBron and dunking and bulldozing, you're not a fan of basketball.

Let me guess. You want to see boring shit like post play or "good footwork"?

Goldrush25
06-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Not saying whether anything is ok or not. But saying there's a HUGE difference between the heat coming together and the Celtics. If you can't see that, you're just dumb.

And yes, 3 stars coming together in their prime is such a big deal because it has pretty much never happened in NBA history.

You are saying that one situation is ok and the other isn't. Your entire agenda is based on that premise. You say shortcut this and shortcut that all day. The year that Pierce/Allen/Garnett came together they won a championship. That's not a shortcut? That's fair to you but it's not fair when another group does it?

ripthekik
06-04-2013, 01:33 PM
You are saying that one situation is ok and the other isn't. Your entire agenda is based on that premise. You say shortcut this and shortcut that all day. The year that Pierce/Allen/Garnett came together they won a championship. That's not a shortcut? That's fair to you but it's not fair when another group does it?
Can you not read? We are talking about how they came together, not the results that follow.

3 guys coming together through free agency in their prime is extremely different from 3 guys being together through trades, and already past their primes.

You said it was the same with the Celtics, I am telling you it's not.

Rondo
06-04-2013, 01:35 PM
If you're not a fan of LeBron and dunking and bulldozing, you're not a fan of basketball.

Exactly. I always prefer watching guys like Gerald Green to Duncan, Kidd or Nash.

Guys, we weren't the first team to have our players team up and win things. Magic done it with Kareem when he was playing and nobody gives him shit for it.

grantz
06-04-2013, 01:37 PM

I don't have to be a fan of LeBron to be a fan of basketball. I don't doubt LeBron is the one of most athletically gifted player to have played the sport.

Through my 30 years of watching basketball though, I've seen players with much less do much more.

NumberSix
06-04-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't have to be a fan of LeBron to be a fan of basketball. I don't doubt LeBron is the one of most athletically gifted player to have played the sport.

Through my 30 years of watching basketball though, I've seen players with much less do much more.
You've seen guys with MUCH LESS do much more than 4 MVPs and a FMVP. Oh word?

dh144498
06-04-2013, 01:41 PM

dam... very well said. :applause: :applause:

Goldrush25
06-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Can you not read? We are talking about how they came together, not the results that follow.

3 guys coming together through free agency in their prime is extremely different from 3 guys being together through trades, and already past their primes.

You said it was the same with the Celtics, I am telling you it's not.

Ah, more rules.

Poor Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett, forced to go somewhere where they didn't want to go. Forced to team up with Paul Pierce, creating various moral dilemmas. They were powerless to stop the trades.

You're na

Rasheed1
06-04-2013, 01:47 PM
this is what happens when you invest all your energy into hating someone.

your whole identity is built around seeing this guy fail, and when it doesnt happen?

you're f*cked

:oldlol: thats hilarious

youve wasted all this time pretending to love the game and now you feel cheated..

you may as well give up now and spare yourself any more embarrassment because I suspect it will only get worse for from here on out :oldlol:

lebeast666
06-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Lol Fvck it, these haters be salty as fk and its showing. Their wish didn't come true for Pacers to eliminate the Heat so they can create a 100 threads hating on Bron.

Witness greatness and move along.

ripthekik
06-04-2013, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=Goldrush25]Ah, more rules.

Poor Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett, forced to go somewhere where they didn't want to go. Forced to team up with Paul Pierce, creating various moral dilemmas. They were powerless to stop the trades.

You're na

Rasheed1
06-04-2013, 01:54 PM
this is like that cartoon where Linus waits all night for the great pumpkin to show up and it never happens

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__MVoD2_FqMA/TM7izCyOdlI/AAAAAAAAEOY/BsL_jL4nhcI/s1600/movie-it-s-the-great-pumpkin-charlie-brown-33343503-photo-14.jpg

blockhead :oldlol:

tomtucker
superstars playing together is allways great

how can you not love this:

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Bronwade.gif

dh144498

:lol
:roll:
how can u possibly say that with a straight face.

:coleman:

lebeast666
06-04-2013, 02:03 PM
It's the fact that the Heat big 3 were in their primes, dumbass. Imagine KG, Ray, Pierce coming together in their primes. It would have been game over from day 1. Do you see what a difference it makes?

Again, I'm telling you that's why it wasn't a big a deal then because it was different. Your dumbass can't see why it's different so I'm lecturing your ass. After making it so clear, if you still can't understand it, I guess that's just too bad.

How about the fact that it was one of the first Big 3 formed and it was standing in the way of LeBron possibly winning championships?? And possibly preventing LeBron from having to join the Heat??

Who knows if LeBron couldn't 3peat 2008-2010, leaving your boy Kobe with 0 FMVP. :oldlol:

pauk
06-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Shouldnt that have ruined Basketball for you long time ago then? Considering you require a team to only draft players etc... There have been lots of superstar trades before, you know that right?

Goldrush25
06-04-2013, 02:09 PM
How about the fact that it was one of the first Big 3 formed and it was standing in the way of LeBron possibly winning championships?? And possibly preventing LeBron from having to join the Heat??

Who knows if LeBron couldn't 3peat 2008-2010, leaving your boy Kobe with 0 FMVP. :oldlol:

Cavs did take Boston to 7 games in their championship year, closer than any other team played them, including the Lakers.

Excellent point. Lebron only learned from what he saw in Boston.

"You dad! I learned it by watching you!"

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-04-2013, 02:11 PM
this is what happens when you invest all your energy into hating someone.

your whole identity is built around seeing this guy fail, and when it doesnt happen?

you're f*cked

:oldlol: thats hilarious

youve wasted all this time pretending to love the game and now you feel cheated..

you may as well give up now and spare yourself any more embarrassment because I suspect it will only get worse for from here on out :oldlol:

Well..fvck..when you angle it like this.... :roll: :oldlol:

3LiftHeatCurse
06-04-2013, 02:12 PM

Stupid salty jealous hater.

LeBron James is the ultimate team player. There is nobody in the NBA as unselfish as him, DWADE and Chris Bosh.

All 3 of them sacrificed MONEY, and FAME and TOUCHES to play team basketball.

They could have all had their own teams, or tried to be "the man" like Howard, Kobe, Melo, Paul, etc... but they didn't. They shared in order to play TEAM BASKETBALL.

You are completely ignorant. Just a salty jealous little hater.

Goldrush25
06-04-2013, 02:20 PM
It's the fact that the Heat big 3 were in their primes, dumbass. Imagine KG, Ray, Pierce coming together in their primes. It would have been game over from day 1. Do you see what a difference it makes?

Again, I'm telling you that's why it wasn't a big a deal then because it was different. Your dumbass can't see why it's different so I'm lecturing your ass. After making it so clear, if you still can't understand it, I guess that's just too bad.

Oh, and KG is on record as saying he should've left Minnesota and joined up with a contender long before 2007. So I guess he's not as virtuous as you're making him out to be.

funnystuff
06-04-2013, 02:27 PM

I agree whole heartily.

funnystuff
06-04-2013, 02:35 PM
As a fan of basketball, i find step back fade aways etc. to be extremely BORING to watch.

I love the high flying team created dunks. I love great passing, ball movement etc.

I find Lebron to be the most exciting player ive ever watched (since 88'). And i can say that with complete confidence.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-04-2013, 02:43 PM
I have ALWAYS said that LeBron is the ONLY player since Michael Jordan retired that actually has a shot to equal or surpass him.

Kobe was a clone copycat that was always inferior. You could tell right away this dude would never get close to MJ.

But LeBron.......when he was in CLE, I thought he had a chance. He;s fulfilling his legacy now in Miami.

He should have ditched CLE in 2006 and came to MIA then. He'd have more rings by now.

AintNoSunshine
06-04-2013, 02:47 PM
:roll: You should stop watching then, seeing the heat win the title in a few weeks cannot be good for your health, GTFO before Lebron makes you cry again

jstern
06-04-2013, 02:49 PM

You sound bitter, trying to look for legitimate excuses as to why you hate the Heat, rather than just admit that you don't like them because you hate Lebron, or some other reason that's due to weak jealous feelings. I mean it's easier to make up excuses than to admit jealousy and envy. I want the Spurs to win, I'm just describing what I see in you.

I mean, according to you only the same old storied teams should win the championship and newer teams should not. That's retarded. Why not the best team win the championship regardless of their name. You don't care about the actual game.

The Choken One
06-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Eh, basketball is just a sport. I was a huge fan when I was in highschool and through college but about to be graduating and this chit just isn't important anymore.

To each their own, though.

Tmuston Beltics
06-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Lebron is one of the greatest. I don't see how you can't love basketball right now. We are watching one of the G.O.A.T.S at his prime. Embrace it.
:bowdown:

KyrieTheFuture
06-04-2013, 03:06 PM
This is ridiculous. You say you love basketball emphasis on teams and not players...but you are letting your hate of a player, not a team, ruin your love of basketball? It's literally the same thing with the opposite emotion. Sorry that hating on him didn't work out for you.

upside24
06-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I feel the same way. LeBron has never been my favorite player but the way he let's the game come to him and is elite in so many areas makes him a pleasure to watch. Even if I disliked him I would still realize and appreciate his once in a generation game.

That being said the relentless flopping is starting to make me dislike him. I understand doing whatever it takes to win and numerous other elites employ this strategy like Kobe, Wade, CP3 and one of my favorite players Tony Parker, but LeBron is on another level of greatness with MJ, Bird, Magic and Kareem.

It diminishes his game and while I still believe we are witnessing true greatness, not ESPN hyped up greatness, I have lost some respect for him.

Nash
06-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Yo ripthekik, talking about things that are fair and unfair.. Isn't it unfair that Kobe through the Los Angeles market has only played 3 years of his career without star teammates? Isn't it unfair that Lakers get far bigger advantages than the rest of the league only because of location?

At the end of the day, everyone is looking for good teammates. If players are willing to do it, they will. There has to be some sacrifice, losing being the man, less shots, less money but at the end you get to play on a good team and not risk being in the hands of a bad front office.

Mr. Incredible
06-04-2013, 06:24 PM
:pimp:

tazb
06-04-2013, 06:47 PM

This. We may never see another LBJ in NBA ever again. Instead of witnessing his greatness, people are salty and hating. :lol :facepalm

We will obviously see another 6'6 shooting guard again in the future. But a 6'8 260lb monster that can do everything on the court? :eek: I doubt it.

Nevaeh
06-04-2013, 06:48 PM
You sound bitter, trying to look for legitimate excuses as to why you hate the Heat, rather than just admit that you don't like them because you hate Lebron, or some other reason that's due to weak jealous feelings. I mean it's easier to make up excuses than to admit jealousy and envy. I want the Spurs to win, I'm just describing what I see in you.

I mean, according to you only the same old storied teams should win the championship and newer teams should not. That's retarded. Why not the best team win the championship regardless of their name. You don't care about the actual game.

That's the irony of it all. The same peeps b!tching about Miami possibly winning again are the same clowns who just want to see Lakers vs. Celtics Finals Match-ups for all eternity.

http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

I thought is was actually refreshing seeing OKC make it to the big dance last season, only made better by the fact that Westbrook and Durant actually competed, put up monster stats, and showed the world what small market teams can do, if given a chance.

Besides, the League has always been about "passing the torch" to the next generation, and that has now officially happened with Lebron doing his thing. And even with going to Miami, it's not like he gets to take a night off, or "phone it in" every other game. He's still expected to lead the team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and shut down the hot hand, just like he was doing in Cleveland.

This upcoming Finals is a "win-win" for every type of basketball fan out there. Want fundamentals? You got it! Want crazy athletic plays? You got those. Unselfish team play? Check. Want a rematch/revenge sub-plot? You got that too. Best current player versus the consensus best Power Foward of all time? Hey man, it's in there!! Add in the fact that the Spurs are no longer a slow, plodding up the court type team anymore, with 2 great clutch players in Duncan and lebron, and you can't deny that you have something special here as basketball fan.

TheTruth#34
06-04-2013, 09:00 PM
:applause: The Celtics started this. Pat Riley just took it to the extreme.

The Celtics gave up assets to form the big 3. Nonsense to compare the two

Uncle Drew
06-04-2013, 09:01 PM
This. We may never see another LBJ in NBA ever again. Instead of witnessing his greatness, people are salty and hating. :lol :facepalm

We will obviously see another 6'6 shooting guard again in the future. But a 6'8 260lb monster that can do everything on the court? :eek: I doubt it.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6068062&postcount=5

ihoopallday
06-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Hating someone you've never even spoken to is very odd. Even worse is how much it seems to get to you. :lol How can 1 player influence your overall feelings towards the game.

Jax
06-04-2013, 09:25 PM
The Celtics gave up assets to form the big 3. Nonsense to compare the two
Don't hate us cause Heat management saved up to ball up!:lol

hangintheair
06-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Its not the superteam that I dont look. Its the superstar doing flopped that is unacceptable.. I love his talent and maybe 1 in a billion species like him. But he flops and that is some ***** ass move.

JBrizzy
06-04-2013, 10:46 PM
What is wrong with being a fan of a player?

My brother has been a fan of GSW for like twenty years or so. Here's the thing. We live in Australia. He became a fan of the team back when they had Tim Hardaway and Chris Mullin.

He still still goes for the Warriors. But for what reason? The team is not made up the same players now obviously and he should have no loyalty to the city of Oakland as he has never even been there.

I can understand if you grew up in Chicago and you want to be loyal to your local team but there is nothing wrong with being a fan of a player. In the case of LeBron, if you were a fan of him when he was in Cleveland, are you supposed to keep supporting the Cavs even though the reason why you supported them has changed teams.

It makes no sense.

Again, there is nothing wrong about being a fan of a player. You don't have to pick a team in your childhood and be their fan for the rest of your life no matter how horrible the franchise is.

PickernRoller
06-04-2013, 11:04 PM
OP too jealous. Why so mad OP?

Dolphin
06-04-2013, 11:14 PM
If the Heat can make some of these kids stop watching bball, I can only imagine what they will do when they're old enough to date their first gf dumps them.

"Fcuk girls, I like men more anyways!..and I have two hands so there!" :cry:

A bunch of future 40 year olds living in their mom's basement. lol

Magic 32
06-04-2013, 11:26 PM
At the end of the day, everyone is looking for good teammates. If players are willing to do it, they will. There has to be some sacrifice, losing being the man, less shots, less money but at the end you get to play on a good team and not risk being in the hands of a bad front office.

The only sacrifice I see was made by Wade and Bosh.

Mr. Jabbar
01-28-2019, 06:53 PM
i feel sorry 4 op