PDA

View Full Version : Metta World Peace: "Jordan toughest to guard by far."

OldSchoolBBall
06-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Interesting interview with Metta World Peace below. When asked directly who the toughest player was to guard between Kobe, Lebron, and MJ, he says Jordan without hesitation, and says it's not even close. When asked why, he said because Jordan is "as strong as Lebron, as good a midrange shooter as Miller, and he's tough - he's a killer." You can see in his face when he says this last part that Mike really puts the fear of God into other players. :oldlol:

Keep in mind that Artest had only played against 39/40 year old Wizards Jordan. This is like the 5th or 6th player who has commented on Jordan's extreme physical strength (Magic, Horry, Barkley etc.), and also the second modern noted defender (the other being Bowen) who said that Jordan was the toughest to defend. Link to the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsj_61lhpew

In before haters saying "he can't possibly be anywhere near as strong as Lebron!" and "if he's so hard to guard why was his TEE-EHS percentage so low in Washington!?" :oldlol: These same clowns are quick to believe anything that comes out of players' mouths regarding their favorite players, however. They say "surely those who have played against these players must know better than us, right?" :oldlol:

FWIW, I don't believe that any version of MJ was as strong as Lebron, but I certainly believe that the difference in their respective strengths is frequently VERY overstated. Jordan was fantastically strong by all accounts.

9erempiree
06-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Metta was a guy that drank Henney during halftime.

On multiple medications.

Sees a psychiatrist weekly.

Not going to believe any of that. I have never seen Metta struggle to guard MJ but I have seen him struggle against Kobe and Lebron.

Like I said before, when it comes to MJ, people are very politically correct.

OldSchoolBBall
06-05-2013, 09:04 AM
First response is by a known troll. Unsurprising.

miles berg
06-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Are you crazy? Jordan was just a whole lot better player than guys like LeBron & Kobe.

It isn't even close.

arifgokcen
06-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Dude this is not about being hater.

I believe that jordan is the toughest guy to defend.But i have seen MWP defend jordan and kobe and lebron.MWP couldnt handle lebron's strength at 260-265lbs. I have never seen jordan to be able to do that what lebron does to MWP on regular basis and thats expected. Jordan was exceptionally strong for his size but not even close to lebron in terms of strength.Lebron goes up against centers and most of the time(when he doesnt flop :D) they go down not lebron.

9erempiree
06-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Are you crazy? Jordan was just a whole lot better player than guys like LeBron & Kobe.

It isn't even close.

I don't even like Kobe or Lebron. I am a Spurs fan but I can admit that I have seen Metta struggle the most against Kobe in his career. Then Lebron. I have never seen Metta struggle against MJ.

I don't know why Metta is making all these false statements. It's like he covered a prime MJ? At most he was guarding an old dude and giving the elder his dap.

RossTalksSports
06-05-2013, 09:18 AM

On multiple medications.

Not going to believe any of that. I have never seen Metta struggle to guard MJ but I have seen him struggle against Kobe and Lebron.

Does MWP really strike you as a guy that is too concerned with being politically correct?

Metta made similar comments Friday on Max & Marcellus. He cited Jordan's combination of skill, strength, and basketball intelligence. This mix, along with Metta being a younger player in Jordan's days than he was when LeBron became very good, could explain his perception.

Alternatively, mental makeup has been a far more exploitable weakness in Metta's game than pure strength. Jordan's ability to get into his head would add to the challenge for MWP

K Xerxes
06-05-2013, 10:01 AM
I agree that Jordan is definitely the hardest to guard out of the three, but Artest has been known to say some 'questionable' things in his life.

Take what he also said today, courtesy of his twitter...

Ok. It's official .
Kyre Irving is officially top 3 players in the NBA. Ill tell yal why at 6:15pm est tomorrow

:facepalm

9erempiree
06-05-2013, 10:03 AM
I agree that Jordan is definitely the hardest to guard out of the three, but Artest has been known to say some 'questionable' things in his life.

Take what he also said today, courtesy of his twitter...

Ok. It's official .
Kyre Irving is officially top 3 players in the NBA. Ill tell yal why at 6:15pm est tomorrow

/thread.

I like how all of a sudden people are taking what Metta says seriously. If it fits their MJ agenda.

OldSchoolBBall
06-05-2013, 10:07 AM
The troll 9erEmpire all up in this bitch. :oldlol: Like 20 posts already in this thread. :roll:

KOBE143
06-05-2013, 10:11 AM
MWP is full of shit!!

There's no human, creatures, whatever is/was stronger than LeBron and that piece of shit dare to say that Jordan a mere mortal human was strong as LeBron.. :facepalm

Our LeGawd is the strongest being of all time!

How Great Is Our LeGawd! :bowdown:

Iceman#44
06-05-2013, 10:38 AM
40 years old Wizards MJ is really underrated

MJ Stats against Ron Artest Bulls/Pacers version:

W-L: 3-2 Jordan

MJ: 22.4 ppg, .406, 6.0 reb, 2.6 ast, 1.8 stl
RA: 12.8 ppg, .302, 2.8 reb, 1.4 ast, 2.6 stl

MJ hands down: 22.4 ppg to 12.8 ppg, 6.0 reb to 2.8, .406 to .302 FG%, 3-2 in their 5 meetings, including a 25 points effort in the last one, outscoring Artest 25-8, with Artest shooting 3/17 from the floor!:pimp: :rockon: :rockon: :banana: And this is versus a prime Artest!

MJ rules at 40 :rockon: :rockon:

GOAT

plowking
06-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Sure. 205lbs Jordan was as strong as 260lbs Lebron. I'll take MWP's word for it.

ripthekik
06-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Dude has probably not guarded Lebron before:no:

Scholar
06-05-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm sure MWP gave MJ the nod just out of respect and possibly as a fan of MJ's game growing up. He only guarded a waaaaaaaay past his prime MJ, so I doubt he truly struggled against him.
Kobe and LeBron probably gave Metta nightmares before and after games.

Poetry
06-05-2013, 11:35 AM
http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2002/01/20/sportsbulls_t640.jpg

AintNoSunshine
06-05-2013, 11:44 AM
kobes teammates taking turns to disrespect kobe indirectly:oldlol:

OldSchoolBBall
06-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Sure. 205lbs Jordan was as strong as 260lbs Lebron. I'll take MWP's word for it.

The only version of MJ Artest faced was about 225-230 pounds, not 205. Jordan hasn't been 205 since pre-baseball.

tmacattack33
06-05-2013, 12:15 PM
I thought Artest said Brandon Roy was the hardest player to guard.

And actually, Brandon Roy was his second toughest to guard he said. The number one toughest player to guard for him was his homeboy from Queensbridge :oldlol:

Scholar
06-05-2013, 12:17 PM
http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2002/01/20/sportsbulls_t640.jpg

MWP: "Please, Jordan! Just one hug, man! Please!"

Oh, what? I thought we were doing 'Caption This Pic.'

NumberSix
06-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Metta's hardest assignment of all time was wizards MJ? Word?

Bigsmoke
06-05-2013, 12:20 PM
i thought he said it was Brandon Roy

jstern
06-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Relax guys, I don't think he literally meant as strong as Lebron is right now, but said it that way for emphasis to say he's a lot stronger than he looks. The one thing that people who guarded Jordan say in a surprising tone is how strong he was, because again, he's a "little guy" (6'6") and players didn't expect it.

Also: People, reading comprehension please. He was asked between Kobe, Lebron, and Jordan.

Kobe said that Miller was the hardest player he's ever guarded, does that mean that Miller is the best?

Nebraskanball
06-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Anyone remember when Kobe scored 42 points in a half against Wizards MJ?

Ron's talking crazy. Kobe was much, much harder to defend than Wizards Jordan.

CavaliersFTW
06-05-2013, 01:35 PM
The Jordan MWP faced was 218lbs-225lbs - just to be factual

MaxFly
06-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Ron Artest came into the league in 1999. Let's sit back for a second and think about this... The toughest person Ron Artest has said he has ever had to guard was the 40 year old Wizard's version of Michael Jordan. :facepalm

Seriously...

SamuraiSWISH
06-05-2013, 02:41 PM
FWIW, I don't believe that any version of MJ was as strong as Lebron, but I certainly believe that the difference in their respective strengths is frequently VERY overstated. Jordan was fantastically strong by all accounts.
I don't know. MJ's center of gravity is lower, LeBron's power looks to be in his upper body. That plays a HUGE role in applicable strength in a sport like basketball.

plowking, since when does STRENGTH simply come from weight? I'm really starting to believe you haven't played at the level you say you have.

andgar923
06-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Why are people in such disbelief?

MJ is better than both of them plain and simple.

What makes Bron easier to guard is his lack of diversity as a scorer. He doesn't challenge you as much, you know he's either gonna shoot or drive. His passing ability does make him unpredictable, but that's about it. If he passes then more than likely he's just gonna stand still.

Kobe is as diverse as MJ. He's more unpredictable on what he'll do, the amount of weaknesses in his offensive arsenal are limited. He's the most complete scorer since MJ. But his IQ bails out the defender, along with his eagerness to shoot the long ball.

So what makes MJ harder to guard?

He's a combination of both players.

He's very unpredictable offensively in general because he's a threat as a passer as well. Offensive skills through the roof and superior than Bron's so you're always on your toes. What also separates him from Kobe is his abilityt to always keep moving. He's rarely standing still which makes a defender's job easier. He also has a higher IQ and attacks the rim more, works the middle of the floor much better than both of them, which again, makes you work harder as a defender.

And as he mentioned, he's strong. Maybe not weightlifting strong, but basketball strong, there is a difference and if you've played basketball you'd know this. Have any of you actually watch Wizards MJ play before commenting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV52IrBoj90

show me a clip of Bron working the middle as consistently as this? He's either face and shoot or drive.

Perhaps there's some vids of Kobe but he's more than likely settling for long range jumpers.

YOu see him elludging double and possible triple teams, hitting fadeaways from different spots on the court, coming of curls, etc.etc. that's hard as hell for a a defender to match up against.

andgar923
06-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Interesting interview with Metta World Peace below. When asked directly who the toughest player was to guard between Kobe, Lebron, and MJ, he says Jordan without hesitation, and says it's not even close. When asked why, he said because Jordan is "as strong as Lebron, as good a midrange shooter as Miller, and he's tough - he's a killer." You can see in his face when he says this last part that Mike really puts the fear of God into other players. :oldlol:

Keep in mind that Artest had only played against 39/40 year old Wizards Jordan. This is like the 5th or 6th player who has commented on Jordan's extreme physical strength (Magic, Horry, Barkley etc.), and also the second modern noted defender (the other being Bowen) who said that Jordan was the toughest to defend. Link to the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsj_61lhpew

In before haters saying "he can't possibly be anywhere near as strong as Lebron!" and "if he's so hard to guard why was his TEE-EHS percentage so low in Washington!?" :oldlol: These same clowns are quick to believe anything that comes out of players' mouths regarding their favorite players, however. They say "surely those who have played against these players must know better than us, right?" :oldlol:

Bowen like you mentioned stated this, and I believe so did Ruber Patterson who was hailed as one of the top defenders at that time. We've (as in you and I) have seen what he's done to today's top defenders in their prime such as Marion, KG, Kenyon Martin, Patterson, etc.etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRUTSO_iWDM

Dat footwork, moving without the ball, setting up his defender and losing them.

Howabout Rich jefferson, J Kidd and Kenyon Martin all 3 regarded as great defenders at that time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsQtYJC3mWo

Simple.

Dragonyeuw
06-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Anyone remember when Kobe scored 42 points in a half against Wizards MJ?

No, I remember him doing it against Jerry Stackhouse and Byron Russell though.

SamuraiSWISH
06-05-2013, 03:23 PM
No, I remember him doing it against Jerry Stackhouse and Byron Russell though.
Yea, while 40 year old MJ's knee was swollen.

:oldlol:

Let's be honest, Kobe did it because he wanted to impress his idol who was watching from the bench.

Cali Syndicate
06-05-2013, 03:52 PM
MWP: "Please, Jordan! Just one hug, man!

Lol.

PickernRoller
06-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Lebron is better IMO.

plowking
06-05-2013, 09:34 PM
I don't know. MJ's center of gravity is lower, LeBron's power looks to be in his upper body. That plays a HUGE role in applicable strength in a sport like basketball.

plowking, since when does STRENGTH simply come from weight? I'm really starting to believe you haven't played at the level you say you have.

They are athletes training for the same sport, then you consider that Bron is about 50lbs heavier, and you realize he still has an equal jump, speed and push off as MJ. He's constantly moving his heavier weight at a similar production to MJ. Hence it equates to more power and strength.

diamenz
06-05-2013, 10:38 PM
mike was the most unpredictable player, ever - therefore, toughest to guard.

9erempiree
06-05-2013, 10:44 PM
It's funny because I've never seen Metta struggle against MJ. I have seen him struggle the most with Kobe and Lebron.

Akhenaten
06-05-2013, 10:45 PM
and you realize he still has an equal jump, speed and push off as MJ.

FCUKRY!!

Lebron runs a 4.6 40, he's fast for his size (though there's literally scores of TE who run that time), but he's not seeing a prime Jordan or Wade, and we're taliking about top end speed here.

Now if we are talking about quickness/explosion/first step what you refer to as "push off" HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FCUUUUUUUUUK NO!

Lebron isn't ANYWHERE in Jordan's or a million guards who've come thriough the league for that matter.

Only category I MAY put him even with Jordan is ONE LEG JUMP.

standstill vert
one step vert (off two feet)
two foot jump with momentum

NO CONTEST...WHATSOVER
it's literally comical, I'm not buying the level you say youve played on either. Then again it's plenty talented guys with low iq for the game so....

but seriously if you think Lebron's "push off" i.e. first step/0-60/explosion is anywhere in the same galaxy as Jordan youre a moron..I'm sorry.

Solid Snake
06-05-2013, 10:59 PM

Wizards Jordan actually ballooned up to 230-240. 205 Jordan was second three-peat.

sekachu
06-05-2013, 11:32 PM

On multiple medications.

Politically? You think Metta would give a fxxk about that?

plowking
06-05-2013, 11:38 PM
FCUKRY!!

Lebron runs a 4.6 40, he's fast for his size (though there's literally scores of TE who run that time), but he's not seeing a prime Jordan or Wade, and we're taliking about top end speed here.

Now if we are talking about quickness/explosion/first step what you refer to as "push off" HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FCUUUUUUUUUK NO!

Lebron isn't ANYWHERE in Jordan's or a million guards who've come thriough the league for that matter.

Only category I MAY put him even with Jordan is ONE LEG JUMP.

standstill vert
one step vert (off two feet)
two foot jump with momentum

NO CONTEST...WHATSOVER
it's literally comical, I'm not buying the level you say youve played on either. Then again it's plenty talented guys with low iq for the game so....

but seriously if you think Lebron's "push off" i.e. first step/0-60/explosion is anywhere in the same galaxy as Jordan youre a moron..I'm sorry.

Lebron's top end speed is just as good as Jordan's if not better. I remember a few analysts agreeing on the matter as well.
Equal as a one footed jumper? I'd say hes better.

And by push off, I meant ability to get up, and moves his weight around.

andgar923
06-06-2013, 12:58 AM
All one has to do is look at the pic of Ron and MJ, and you can see how they're close in size. I do remember MJ had to lose weight during one of the seasons because it was not only slowing him down, but impacting his knee.

As far as speed is concerned, Bron is fast for his size and I can see a comparison between them on the open court due to his longer stride. But as far as 'quickness' and explosiveness

miller-time
06-06-2013, 01:25 AM
Bowen like you mentioned stated this, and I believe so did Ruber Patterson who was hailed as one of the top defenders at that time. We've (as in you and I) have seen what he's done to today's top defenders in their prime such as Marion, KG, Kenyon Martin, Patterson, etc.etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRUTSO_iWDM

That really reminds me of a player on 2k. No hesitation catch and shoot, confident inside passes. Scary good.

eliteballer
06-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Magic EASILY and CONSISTENTLY bullied Jordan in the post in the 91 Finals...what does that make him, Superman?:oldlol:

Hell, I've seen Drexler overpower him in the post a bunch of times too.

TonyMontana
06-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Jordan is "strong" because the refs let him hold and get away with anything.

If LeBron shows his strength the refs will call him for foul because other players will go flying. Whereas Jordan can make the same move and it'll go uncalled because his strength doesn't effect the opposing player as much.

LeBron has one of the best combinations of strength and explosiveness of any basketball player ever. Sixers Barkley is up there too along with Prime Shaq.

andgar923
06-06-2013, 01:32 AM
That really reminds me of a player on 2k. No hesitation catch and shoot, confident inside passes. Scary good.
His ability to move without the ball and get clean looks is at an all time elite level.

That's that old school 'fundamental' shit right there, but most people today don't understand. And why it would be frustrating trying to guard somebody like him. So yeah the catch and shoot appeared to be fluid, but it is how he set it all up that is nicer imo.

There's an art to what he was doing, setting up his defender by playing possum then just shifting his way throug a screen. Using footwork to go one way, then go another way, only to come back and get an open shot. It appears easy, yet only a handful of players today can move without the ball, although not as good as him.

Deltron3030
06-06-2013, 01:34 AM
Why are people in such disbelief?

MJ is better than both of them plain and simple.

What makes Bron easier to guard is his lack of diversity as a scorer. He doesn't challenge you as much, you know he's either gonna shoot or drive. His passing ability does make him unpredictable, but that's about it. If he passes then more than likely he's just gonna stand still.

Kobe is as diverse as MJ. He's more unpredictable on what he'll do, the amount of weaknesses in his offensive arsenal are limited. He's the most complete scorer since MJ. But his IQ bails out the defender, along with his eagerness to shoot the long ball.

So what makes MJ harder to guard?

He's a combination of both players.

He's very unpredictable offensively in general because he's a threat as a passer as well. Offensive skills through the roof and superior than Bron's so you're always on your toes. What also separates him from Kobe is his abilityt to always keep moving. He's rarely standing still which makes a defender's job easier. He also has a higher IQ and attacks the rim more, works the middle of the floor much better than both of them, which again, makes you work harder as a defender.

And as he mentioned, he's strong. Maybe not weightlifting strong, but basketball strong, there is a difference and if you've played basketball you'd know this. Have any of you actually watch Wizards MJ play before commenting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV52IrBoj90

show me a clip of Bron working the middle as consistently as this? He's either face and shoot or drive.

Perhaps there's some vids of Kobe but he's more than likely settling for long range jumpers.

YOu see him elludging double and possible triple teams, hitting fadeaways from different spots on the court, coming of curls, etc.etc. that's hard as hell for a a defender to match up against.

That's a great analysis. Someone who actually watches games and not highlights.

eliteballer
06-06-2013, 01:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIPQZTBr0r0

That's not "elite point guard speed" you ISHiot:roll:

chazzy
06-06-2013, 01:36 AM
If LeBron shows his strength the refs will call him for foul because other players will go flying.
http://gifsection.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/lbj-chi-flagrant1a.gif

andgar923
06-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Magic EASILY and CONSISTENTLY bullied Jordan in the post in the 91 Finals...what does that make him, Superman?:oldlol:

Hell, I've seen Drexler overpower him in the post a bunch of times too.

It was the way they played that made them effective, something that I've been crying for Bron to do more.

They did something very simple, dumb-stupid simple

TonyMontana
06-06-2013, 01:41 AM
http://gifsection.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/lbj-chi-flagrant1a.gif

LeBron was called for a foul on that play.

Boozer(a strong guy in himself) had a rooted stance setting a pick and was still knocked back by LBJ.

9erempiree
06-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Another myth....MJ with PG elite speed. The man had great reflex and quickness, but by no means did he have this super elite speed.

MJ fans are by far the worse fans.

9erempiree
06-06-2013, 01:45 AM

Boozer(a strong guy in himself) had a rooted stance setting a pick and was still knocked back by LBJ.

Try and set and pick, which involves planting both feet and not move, and let me run into you full force. You will be knocked back too.

If Boozer can move his feet and lower his should...Lebron would be knocked back too.

9erempiree
06-06-2013, 01:51 AM
So I finally watched the interview and Metta was just being politically correct. It was all fun and games. If he said Kobe, then he would look like a homer because Kobe's his teammate.

If he said Lebron, he would look weak, as Lebron is still playing and Ron has to still cover him.

Best thing to do is say the guy who's retired.

Politically correct is what Ron's doing.

Soundwave
06-06-2013, 01:52 AM
:oldlol: Butthurt Kobestans.

Greg Oden 50
06-06-2013, 01:57 AM
:oldlol: Butthurt Kobestans.

LEBRON STANS :roll:

Cali Syndicate
06-06-2013, 01:57 AM

Go watch that replay again cause Lebron was trying to lunge through boozer but only manged to barely knock him back.

9erempiree
06-06-2013, 02:01 AM
I think MJ was a fantastic player but his legacy that he left is vastly overrated. His legacy is far bigger than himself, when he was a player. When he was a player nobody was kissing up to him because we watched the games, he had weaknesses.

It's come to the point where any discussion about any player, people will bring up MJ like he was good at everything. Which he wasn't.

I was afraid of this happening. Why would anyone want to talk about players in the past, if MJ was supposedly better than everyone at everything.

Let's just end every thread by saying......Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan has become the common answer to everything about basketball. Being politically correct.

It almost feels like people are brainwashed.

Kews1
06-06-2013, 02:11 AM
lol, we talking about Wizards Jordan? Aint nobody got time fo that

Jacks3
06-06-2013, 02:40 AM
Same guy who said Brandon Roy was tougher to guard than either Kobe or LeBron or Wade back in 09. I don't think you should take what Artest says very seriously.

Soundwave
06-06-2013, 02:53 AM
Same guy who said Brandon Roy was tougher to guard than either Kobe or LeBron or Wade back in 09. I don't think you should take what Artest says very seriously.

Wade in 2009 is a totally different player from today, so that's not a huge surprise.

Wade circa 09 is like a poor mans Jordan.

Jacks3
06-06-2013, 02:57 AM
No, that's what he said during the 09 playoffs...after Wade was coming off a 30/8/5/2 season, LeBron was LeBron, and Kobe was still in his prime.

Artest is a crazy person. lol @ these Jordan stans using his word as evidence of anything. :lol

Soundwave
06-06-2013, 03:03 AM
No, that's what he said during the 09 playoffs...after Wade was coming off a 30/8/5/2 season, LeBron was LeBron, and Kobe was still in his prime.

Artest is a crazy person. lol @ these Jordan stans using his word as evidence of anything. :lol

"Evidence of what?"

Jordan is one of the greatest if not the greatest perimeter scorer in NBA history and has an NBA record 10 scoring titles and the highest PPG scoring rate in NBA history. Artest isn't saying anything that a million other people have already said a billion times before.

To find a season where someone scored more than Jordan's career high PPG of 37.1 ppg you have to go back to a time where almost no one had a color TV in their home (1963). Jordan also has the highest ppg scoring rate in NBA playoff history.

Greg Oden 50
06-06-2013, 03:26 AM
"Evidence of what?"

Jordan is one of the greatest if not the greatest perimeter scorer in NBA history and has an NBA record 10 scoring titles and the highest PPG scoring rate in NBA history. Artest isn't saying anything that a million other people have already said a billion times before.

To find a season where someone scored more than Jordan's career high PPG of 37.1 ppg you have to go back to a time where almost no one had a color TV in their home (1963). Jordan also has the highest ppg scoring rate in NBA playoff history.

LeFlop can't win without Flop :roll:

andgar923
06-06-2013, 04:02 AM
"Evidence of what?"

I guess they can't fathom the idea that somebody that old could be so hard to defend.

YES kiddies, he was that good.

I was at a Clippers event right before the 01 season started and I asked QRich about the workouts and he shook his head. Saying he (MJ) still got it but was getting even better before Ron broke his ribs.

lefthook00
06-06-2013, 04:18 AM
The most difficult thing about MJ is that he never let you chill. He didn't wait for clear-outs for isos like Kobe does before he puts the move on you, nor did he wait for screens all the time like LeBron. If you weren't glued to MJ at all times, he was gonna score immediately or make something happen. Very stressful to defend him.

MJ pretty much had the best stamina of all time. Imagine guarding MJ in the 4th quarter and he's running into/around you like it's the first quarter. And this is after you heard rumors of him staying up all night and then playing 18 holes of golf that morning. And he talks sh*t to you during shootaround. And during the game he's talking sh*t to you non-stop. Then he says, "I told you so," after the game. It's hell.

eliteballer
06-06-2013, 04:27 AM
Well...Kobe guarded Bulls Jordan as a teenager and said Reggie Miller was the toughest cover so....

bdreason
06-06-2013, 04:30 AM
Best player he ever guarded was one of his homies from queens bridge, and then Brandon Roy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFFn-kH7WMw

MJ also wishes he played against prime Ron Artest a.k.a. Metta World Peace.

Jacks3
06-06-2013, 06:18 AM
"Evidence of what?"

No, I agree Jordan is the best scorer of the group/toughest to defend.

I just think using statements by Artest to support any position is silly.

That's all.

:confusedshrug:

Jacks3
06-06-2013, 06:19 AM
I guess they can't fathom the idea that somebody that old could be so hard to defend.

Wizards Jordan was the most inefficient scorer in history. Trust me, nobody was having any trouble defending him. :oldlol: