speed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qxXLV3WIlQ

standstill vert?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCHYRg7zP9Y

balance? (:10)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCHYRg7zP9Y

body control?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXT9VSh7YA0

for me Wade has a clear edge in quickness and first step though not a SIZEABLE edge

speed I give Wade a slight edge

two foot is easily Michael

1 foot jump again clearly Michael but not by a tremendous margin

standstill vert I give to Wade

balance I give slight edge to Michael

body control is EASILY Michael, which is remarkable given Wade ridiculous body control

How do you have the tale of the tape? Sorry I don't have any Mike gifs or links, I'm a hugh Wade fan and as such have archived info at the ready?

Please post some Mike gifs and add categories if you like (stamina, change of direction, stopping ability i.e. BRAKES/STOP ON A DIME ability etc)

AngelEyes
06-05-2013, 11:17 PM
I don't think Wade has the edge in anything. Jordan is a noticeably better athlete and a significantly better player.

tikay0
06-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Maybe, and I mean MAYBE, quickness. Prime Wade was so quick with the ball. Don't crucify me.

And I'm not talking about being quick in general, but only with the ball.

plowking
06-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Quickness/speed is the only advantage I'd give him.

Akhenaten
06-05-2013, 11:37 PM
I don't think Wade has the edge in anything. Jordan is a noticeably better athlete and a significantly better player.

without a doubt, but the biggest separation isnt athleticism
it's skill (particularly the jumpshot and FT shooting, shooting period) and mentality.

Wade is without a doubt quicker though.

westsideozzie
06-06-2013, 06:36 AM
If you think Wade is quicker than Jordan, you know nothing about basketball.

Akhenaten
06-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Maybe, and I mean MAYBE, quickness. Prime Wade was so quick with the ball. Don't crucify me.

And I'm not talking about being quick in general, but only with the ball.

haha, it's almost like saying anyone is equal or better than Jordan i ANY aspect may result in getting black bagged and abducted from your home in the wee hours :roll:

I appreciate your bravery

Jordan is a demigod, and as with any other venerated deity his worshipers can be a radical lot to say the least. This is why so many new school fans go out of their way to dismiss past legends it because the fans of those legends or era can be so maniacally biased.

Couple clowns in here acting like Wade being quicker than Jordan is some outlandish proposition smh

Prime Wade avg 27/7/5 on 50% shooting, with basically NO JUMPER at 6'4", in a league where the help D gets there quicker and its much easier to overload the strong side of the floor (I'm sure the basketball genius Westsidefaggie understands this) and force guys to pass vs finishing at the rim.

Yet, it's absurd to compare Wade to Jordan athletically?
there have me many guards quicker the Jordan, drose and iverson are EASILY quicker, prime Wade was on that level of quicks.

OldSchoolBBall
06-06-2013, 08:23 AM
The ONLY area Wade might be equal/better in is changing directions while on the move, and even that I'm not sure about since he gets to carry the ball a ton when he splits pick and rolls, and the way teams defend the P&R has changed from MJ to Wade's time, making them easier to split.

Jordan has a better first step by FAR. Jordan routinely beat defenders simply by facing them up, picking a direction, and exploding past them. Wade has never shown that he is remotely close to being able to match that.

Leaping is MJ by a significant margin in every respect (one foot, two feet, leaping off a hop step etc.), speed is MJ, body control is MJ by a good margin.

Calabis
06-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Only thing Wade has over Jordan is lateral quickness.....his first step is not better Jordan had the best first step in the league for years. Stand still vert? Really u better do ur research...Jordan got off the ground quick and with a ton of explosion

http://imgur.com/r/nba/EnGyg

Akhenaten
06-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Jordan routinely beat defenders simply by facing them up, picking a direction, and exploding past them. Wade has never shown that he is remotely close to being able to match that.

you can't be serious with the bolded

again the guy avg 27 ppg on 50% over 6 seasons, and I'm SURE you agree Wade has no jumpshot.

Being able to explode past people isn't all about quickness, prime Kobe routinely blew pat defenders and he wasn't near as quick as Wade.

Defenders HAVE to play much tighter on Jordan in the pop up zone (mid post, pinch post, 18 feet and in) because Jordan was a FAAAAR superior and willing jumpshooter even in his early days, also Jordan had MUCH better footwork, and played in a league where defensive rotations where longer and easier to read.

People KNEW Wade was driving virtually every time, ad had flexible rules that allowed for them to load up multiple bodies strongside and still couldn't keep in front to the tune of him avg 27-30 points on 49-50%, how did he do this if his first step and quicks was nowhere NEAR Jordan's level?

You're talking about a '4 guard who avg 27 ppg on 62% in a playoff series vs a QUALITY defense, but he he's NOWHERE in the vicinity of Jordan in terms of quicks or explosion :biggums:

How was he manufacturing these points? (waits for the inevitable robotic FT argument) he avg 7 made FT's to avg 27 ppg in his prime years 1 less made FT than Jordan.

BTW Vince Carter is a better 2 foot jumper than Jordan
Rose/Iverson is MUCH quicker

Akhenaten
06-06-2013, 09:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EnGyg.gif

thank you for posting this gif, I thought this may be a fun thread with loads of Jordan/Wade gifs/vids showing these amazing athletes, I severely how hyperbolically rabid Jordan fan can be :facepalm .

Dude's wont even entertain this, you would think I was made a Jordan to Jarrett Jack comparison :oldlol:

I see why Kobefan goes so hard now, yall Jordan jockers created those monsters.

Thank you Calabis for at least giving an EARNEST response and even posting an example, I thought this was a discussion board..silly me.

BTW, that gif is of a 2 foot jump with one step for momentum. which I concede Wade isn't in Jordan's/Vince's class when they get to "load up" on their 2 foot jumps.

I was specifically talking about standstill or off a drop step two foot jump which is something different. Wade's standstill vert at the combine was near 36 inches, strangely is max vert and 1 step vert is virtually the same, which means he get's off the ground insanely quickly but isn't able to generate the core/leg power of a Jordan or Vince.

Barkley for instance was a better STANDSTILL jumper than Jordan.

OldSchoolBBall
06-06-2013, 09:36 AM
you can't be serious with the bolded

again the guy avg 27 ppg on 50% over 6 seasons, and I'm SURE you agree Wade has no jumpshot.

Being able to explode past people isn't all about quickness, prime Kobe routinely blew pat defenders and he wasn't near as quick as Wade.

Defenders HAVE to play much tighter on Jordan in the pop up zone (mid post, pinch post, 18 feet and in) because Jordan was a FAAAAR superior and willing jumpshooter even in his early days, also Jordan had MUCH better footwork, and played in a league where defensive rotations where longer and easier to read.

People KNEW Wade was driving virtually every time, ad had flexible rules that allowed for them to load up multiple bodies strongside and still couldn't keep in front to the tune of him avg 27-30 points on 49-50%, how did he do this if his first step and quicks was nowhere NEAR Jordan's level?

You're talking about a '4 guard who avg 27 ppg on 62% in a playoff series vs a QUALITY defense, but he he's NOWHERE in the vicinity of Jordan in terms of quicks or explosion :biggums:

How was he manufacturing these points? (waits for the inevitable robotic FT argument) he avg 7 made FT's to avg 27 ppg in his prime years 1 less made FT than Jordan.

BTW Vince Carter is a better 2 foot jumper than Jordan
Rose/Iverson is MUCH quicker

Why are you talking about Carter and Iverson if this topic is about Wade? :oldlol:

Find me a clip of Wade simply facing his man up and blowing by them from a triple-threat position (i.e., not off a live dribble). Because I can show you dozens for MJ.

Wade's FIRST STEP isn't close to Jordan's.

Psycho
06-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Why are you talking about Carter and Iverson if this topic is about Wade? :oldlol:

Find me a clip of Wade simply facing his man up and blowing by them from a triple-threat position (i.e., not off a live dribble). Because I can show you dozens for MJ.

Okay, I want 24 links dude.

Akhenaten
06-06-2013, 09:57 AM

I can show you a million of Carmelo Anthony or Kobe doing it

not so for Wade, are those guys anywhere near as quick or explosive?
You know why I wouldn't be able to find footage of Wade doing that?

because Wade has never or will never have a face up game, that is a SKILL deficiency, a dimension Wade never added to his game. I've NEVER seen Wade square a guy up and shoot a jumper over a defender off triple threat.

he ALWAYS takes a dribble to get rhythm on his shot or pass
AGAIN! Blowing by people off triple threat has a TON to do with SKILL and FOOTWORK not just quicks or explosion.

If Dwade squares me up, I don't have to honour his STANDSTILL JUMPER whatsoever I KNOW he's going to dribble the ball, I can back up 1-2feet wait for him to dribble before I close that space down.

Jesus and you dudes act like yall know the game so well :wtf:
this is elementary stuff.

OldSchoolBBall
06-06-2013, 10:06 AM
I can show you a million of Carmelo Anthony or Kobe doing it

not so for Wade, are those guys anywhere near as quick or explosive?
You know why I wouldn't be able to find footage of Wade doing that?

because Wade has never or will never have a face up game, that is a SKILL deficiency, a dimension Wade never added to his game. I've NEVER seen Wade square a guy up and shoot a jumper over a defender off triple threat.

he ALWAYS takes a dribble to get rhythm on his shot or pass
AGAIN! Blowing by people off triple threat has a TON to do with SKILL and FOOTWORK not just quicks or explosion.

If Dwade squares me up, I don't have to honour his STANDSTILL JUMPER whatsoever I KNOW he's going to dribble the ball, I can back up 1-2feet wait for him to dribble before I close that space down.

Jesus and you dudes act like yall know the game so well :wtf:
this is elementary stuff.

No, it's a fact that prime Kobe and Melo had better first steps than Wade too. Nothing to do with skill, just athletics.

Calabis
06-06-2013, 10:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EnGyg.gif

thank you for posting this gif, I thought this may be a fun thread with loads of Jordan/Wade gifs/vids showing these amazing athletes, I severely how hyperbolically rabid Jordan fan can be :facepalm .

Dude's wont even entertain this, you would think I was made a Jordan to Jarrett Jack comparison :oldlol:

I see why Kobefan goes so hard now, yall Jordan jockers created those monsters.

Thank you Calabis for at least giving an EARNEST response and even posting an example, I thought this was a discussion board..silly me.

BTW, that gif is of a 2 foot jump with one step for momentum. which I concede Wade isn't in Jordan's/Vince's class when they get to "load up" on their 2 foot jumps.

I was specifically talking about standstill or off a drop step two foot jump which is something different. Wade's standstill vert at the combine was near 36 inches, strangely is max vert and 1 step vert is virtually the same, which means he get's off the ground insanely quickly but isn't able to generate the core/leg power of a Jordan or Vince.

Barkley for instance was a better STANDSTILL jumper than Jordan.

Wade doesn't have a better standstill than Jordan....if he did he would generate more jumping ability than Jordan off two feet. Maybe not one leg but definitely off two. There first steps are close but Jordan being longer makes him get to spots quicker.

I know the gif I showed is a gather but its in the realm of explosion without much room

Off one foot at the end of the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nb7qea2hRo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Off two feet at end of ot game

5:33 mark

Sorry for not linking on my phone

Mass Debator
06-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Wade doesn't have a better standstill than Jordan....if he did he would generate more jumping ability than Jordan off two feet. Maybe not one leg but definitely off two. There first steps are close but Jordan being longer makes him get to spots quicker.

I know the gif I showed is a gather but its in the realm of explosion without much room

Off one foot at the end of the game

Off two feet at end of ot game

5:33 mark

Sorry for not linking on my phone
What's new? Jordan is the better leaper. He has a higher vertical, slimmer, and taller. Even though he's a bit taller, his playing weight is lower than Wade's which increases a bit more explosiveness. More importantly, he's obviously more skilled making him utilize his athleticism more to its maximum potential.

What Wade does better is stopping on a dime and his change of direction ability due to his lower center of gravity. It's quite impressive actually--it's running back Adrian Peterson like...only other player that can come close is Westbrook. Wade's ability to get off the ground is super fast and his timing is of course in the elite class. His game is based off of deception and speed. The only skill that he can consistently rely on is his jump hook/floater as he's a great finisher around the basket...that's only if his defender isn't bigger/taller than him. Wade added weight to absorb contact easier and reduce injury during his prime years. If he lost 5 lbs now, no doubt his athleticism will shine again.

From watching them both play, I think they both are the same athletically all-around but Jordan was simply smarter in the ideal body for basketball. Again, Jordan maximized his athletic potential by being superbly skilled. Wade is a guy who would've excelled in like football as a running back, receiver, or even QB. Jordan is no doubt the better basketball player.

OldSchoolBBall
06-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Wade isn't even more athletic than prime Kobe, but people are comparing him to JORDAN? :facepalm :roll:

Ikill
06-06-2013, 11:11 AM
No, it's a fact that prime Kobe and Melo had better first steps than Wade too. Nothing to do with skill, just athletics.
First step of a standstill triple threat is a skill Wade has terrible fundamentals on his first step.

Calabis
06-06-2013, 11:26 AM
What's new? Jordan is the better leaper. He has a higher vertical, slimmer, and taller. Even though he's a bit taller, his playing weight is lower than Wade's which increases a bit more explosiveness. More importantly, he's obviously more skilled making him utilize his athleticism more to its maximum potential.

What Wade does better is stopping on a dime and his change of direction ability due to his lower center of gravity. It's quite impressive actually--it's running back Adrian Peterson like...only other player that can come close is Westbrook. Wade's ability to get off the ground is super fast and his timing is of course in the elite class. His game is based off of deception and speed. The only skill that he can consistently rely on is his jump hook/floater as he's a great finisher around the basket...that's only if his defender isn't bigger/taller than him. Wade added weight to absorb contact easier and reduce injury during his prime years. If he lost 5 lbs now, no doubt his athleticism will shine again.

From watching them both play, I think they both are the same athletically all-around but Jordan was simply smarter in the ideal body for basketball. Again, Jordan maximized his athletic potential by being superbly skilled. Wade is a guy who would've excelled in like football as a running back, receiver, or even QB. Jordan is no doubt the better basketball player.

No they are not both the same athletically...Jordan stronger, faster and better agility. Jordan is Wade on PEDs. Also Wade is not even more athletic than young Kobe, who is the best comparison to Jordan.

catquickspider
06-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Joke thread? :biggums:

I think Wade's change of direction is probably the only thing he does better and that is because he is a slightly better ball handler at full speed. So it could be a skill thing and not athleticism.

Ikill
06-06-2013, 12:03 PM
People are letting Jordans GOAT status blind them there is no way Jordan is faster or quicker than Wade.

bagelred
06-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Jordan is only better than Wade at one thing......basketball.

OldSchoolBBall
06-06-2013, 12:14 PM
People are letting Jordans GOAT status blind them there is no way Jordan is faster or quicker than Wade.

Jordan is clearly faster than Wade at getting from point A to B in the halfcourt. Clearly.

Ikill
06-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Jordan is clearly faster than Wade at getting from point A to B in the halfcourt. Clearly.
I disagree from watching them play Wade looks visibly faster to me why don't you post videos to prove your point.

Ikill
06-06-2013, 12:29 PM

three in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqzzykF3ZKc

Ikill
06-06-2013, 12:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dPpjplN4XQ

lefthook00
06-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Wade has nothing on MJ athletically.

You have to start comparing MJ to other positions for him to start losing in athletic categories.

OldSchoolBBall
06-06-2013, 12:40 PM
three in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqzzykF3ZKc

Uh, there was potentially only ONE in that video, which was the play against Artest near halfcourt. The first play in the video doesn't count because the defender was closing out. I'm talking about him facing up a defender who is set up already and blowing past him. Even the Artest play isn't really what I'm talking about since it's from like 45 feet out and Artest was all up on him and shading him on way to begin with.

Sort of like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARp3MYkeQM#t=1m42s

Mass Debator
06-06-2013, 12:40 PM
No they are not both the same athletically...Jordan stronger, faster and better agility. Jordan is Wade on PEDs. Also Wade is not even more athletic than young Kobe, who is the best comparison to Jordan.
He is not stronger or faster at full speed. Jordan is more agile though due to his slimmer build. Watching both backing down people on the post, Wade uses brute force and Jordan uses a more finesse game. Watch the defender guarding Wade as he puts a lot more effort to keep Wade from backing down. Wade tries to get closer to the basket to utilize his hook shot. Watch the defender guarding Jordan as they are playing the position game trying to guess what Jordan will do. It's his footwork and quick movements that makes him difficult to guard. I'm not saying Jordan isn't strong but his strength isn't necessarily his primary "strength". I see Kobe being slightly stronger than Jordan as well. This is all judge on how they produce and defend in the post though. Jordan however is still quicker and more decisive than both...he's always a step ahead. I'm a shooting guard fan and have watch all 3 extensively as they are my favorite players of all time. My game resembles Wade the most and since he's criminally underrated, I like to give him props where it's due. Athletically, Wade is up there with Jordan and even Lebron. Is he a better athlete? Maybe, but probably not. It's too close to give anyone a clear advantage over the other. All I know is that what separates them isn't athleticism...it's more about size and skill. MJ at 6'6 is as perfect as it gets.

lefthook00
06-06-2013, 12:58 PM
When it comes to elite athleticism(for superstars), Wade is second tier, not first tier.

1st tier: MJ, Iverson, Shaq, LeBron, Vince, Wilt, etc.

2nd tier: Kobe, Wade, McGrady, etc.

tpols
06-06-2013, 01:08 PM
When it comes to elite athleticism(for superstars), Wade is second tier, not first tier.

Iverson and Vince dont belong over Kobe and Wade. Iverson wasnt a crazy leaper and lacked relative strength. He was small and super quick great body control but he isnt above Wade who is much more well rounded.

Vince Carter could jump high and had great body coordiantion but he was pretty slow in the open court and in general not laterally quick. Just like Iverson he excels in one area but lacks in the rest.. theyre mirror images of each other possesing what the other lacks.

andgar923
06-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Are people forgetting that MJ didn't have the luxury of playing in an era with open lanes, weak big men, p*ssyfied no touch rules. Give MJ the same rules that Wade benefitted from and there truly won't be any comparison.

Wade appears to be faster because he carried more, didn't face any physical opposition and had an open lane.

To put things in perspective, MJ didn't need to use as many screens to get to the rim. Watch MJ lose his defenders without the aid of any screen or even a crossover. Just one step and he was gone.

Lateral quickness? again

tpols
06-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Strength? I've never seen Mj fall to the floor as much as Wade has, not close. Wade falls to the floor after damn near every drive.
Wade does that to get calls not because hes weak lol

Calabis
06-06-2013, 01:14 PM

So were coaches like Pop letting it blind him when Jordan was 34 and saying he still has the quickest step (rocker step) in the league...he received the most first place votes from coaches and gms...guess they are all blind too. Maybe u will realize why they called him black panther back in the day...because he was quick..but hey what do all those players know.

Calabis
06-06-2013, 01:18 PM
He is not stronger or faster at full speed. Jordan is more agile though due to his slimmer build. Watching both backing down people on the post, Wade uses brute force and Jordan uses a more finesse game. Watch the defender guarding Wade as he puts a lot more effort to keep Wade from backing down. Wade tries to get closer to the basket to utilize his hook shot. Watch the defender guarding Jordan as they are playing the position game trying to guess what Jordan will do. It's his footwork and quick movements that makes him difficult to guard. I'm not saying Jordan isn't strong but his strength isn't necessarily his primary "strength". I see Kobe being slightly stronger than Jordan as well. This is all judge on how they produce and defend in the post though. Jordan however is still quicker and more decisive than both...he's always a step ahead. I'm a shooting guard fan and have watch all 3 extensively as they are my favorite players of all time. My game resembles Wade the most and since he's criminally underrated, I like to give him props where it's due. Athletically, Wade is up there with Jordan and even Lebron. Is he a better athlete? Maybe, but probably not. It's too close to give anyone a clear advantage over the other. All I know is that what separates them isn't athleticism...it's more about size and skill. MJ at 6'6 is as perfect as it gets.

Stop reading after Jordan not stronger

andgar923
06-06-2013, 01:18 PM

He was flopping in mid air? :roll: :roll:

Now THAT'S talent :bowdown:

Btw this is old man MJ not needing a screen or crossover. His man is set perfectly, Mj just blows by him with ease.

http://youtu.be/6YR8VM270Zw?t=2m23s

Ikill
06-06-2013, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=andgar923]Are people forgetting that MJ didn't have the luxury of playing in an era with open lanes, weak big men, p*ssyfied no touch rules. Give MJ the same rules that Wade benefitted from and there truly won't be any comparison.

Wade appears to be faster because he carried more, didn't face any physical opposition and had an open lane.

To put things in perspective, MJ didn't need to use as many screens to get to the rim. Watch MJ lose his defenders without the aid of any screen or even a crossover. Just one step and he was gone.

Lateral quickness? again

Ikill
06-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Uh, there was potentially only ONE in that video, which was the play against Artest near halfcourt. The first play in the video doesn't count because the defender was closing out. I'm talking about him facing up a defender who is set up already and blowing past him. Even the Artest play isn't really what I'm talking about since it's from like 45 feet out and Artest was all up on him and shading him on way to begin with.

Sort of like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARp3MYkeQM#t=1m42s
Are you denying those weren't some super athletic plays have you seen that hop step play(0:05) in real time he looked a bullet. How about the play at 0:52 maybe the defender was closing out but Wade was still moving incredibly fast in that play. First step is not really a indication of athleticism its more related to skill.

Dwade305
06-06-2013, 02:17 PM
I'll take Kobe's word that Wade is the quickest halfcourt player ever, and this wasnt even in 06 is when he got torched back in 09 in Miami in a regular season game.

lefthook00
06-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Iverson and Vince dont belong over Kobe and Wade. Iverson wasnt a crazy leaper and lacked relative strength. He was small and super quick great body control but he isnt above Wade who is much more well rounded.

Vince Carter could jump high and had great body coordiantion but he was pretty slow in the open court and in general not laterally quick. Just like Iverson he excels in one area but lacks in the rest.. theyre mirror images of each other possesing what the other lacks.

OK I can see an argument for Vince b/c he almost always needed to jump off of 2 feet, and his lateral quickness wasn't as good as his vertical, but Iverson smokes Wade and Kobe in every athletic category even worse than MJ does, except for strength, b/c he was 5'10" 165lbs. Iverson's vertical was way better than Kobe/Wade's. We're talking 40++ vert here, but you can't expect a guy that little to dunk in games all the time, although he could dunk fairly easily.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQHXH5r9iDk

tpols
06-06-2013, 02:27 PM
OK I can see an argument for Vince b/c he almost always needed to jump off of 2 feet, and his lateral quickness wasn't as good as his vertical, but Iverson smokes Wade and Kobe in every athletic category even worse than MJ does, except for strength, b/c he was 5'10" 165lbs. Iverson's vertical was way better than Kobe/Wade's. We're talking 40++ vert here, but you can't expect a guy that little to dunk in games all the time, although he could dunk fairly easily.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQHXH5r9iDk
I guess Im looking at their athleticism from a basketball practical standpoint.. Iverson wasnt known for flying over guys jamming.. he rarely did stuff like that. He wasnt known for being strong either.. Wade and kobe's athleticism at their size translates to more athletic highlights.. just like Lebron and Shaq are two of the greatest athletes ever because they could explode while carrying tons of weight.

lefthook00
06-06-2013, 02:30 PM
I guess Im looking at their athleticism from a basketball practical standpoint.. Iverson wasnt known for flying over guys jamming.. he rarely did stuff like that. He wasnt known for being strong either.. Wade and kobe's athleticism at their size translates to more athletic highlights.. just like Lebron and Shaq are two of the greatest athletes ever because they could explode while carrying tons of weight.

Yeah agreed, athleticism seems to be way more impressive and effective when you're a beast like Wade/Kobe/MJ and can fly like the little guys.

TheNaturalWR
06-06-2013, 03:10 PM

Seriously...Wade is ****ing BUILT.

sportjames23
06-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Someone post that link to that 3-hour MJ YouTube vid. That should put an end to this foolishness.

D-Wade is one of my favorite players today, but hell no, he doesn't compare to MJ athletically, meaning he's a tier or two below MJ.

Mass Debator
06-06-2013, 05:18 PM
They took off basically at the same place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-4UgoZwzjY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4eSC0gnwmw

Wade just seems to have that extra gear like Rose but he does it while being taller. Jordan is no slouch but Wade has a very slight edge here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr0XYtc2ZOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibtpI528sIQ

Calabis
06-06-2013, 05:26 PM
The rookie's mesmerizing effect was even suggested to have extended to referees as it was said that he was getting veteran preferential treatment allowing him to take that additional step on route to the basket rather than being whistle for a travelling violation. Many assessed that he eluded defenders so easily that he had to be travelling. However, video break down established that his first step was just so quick and that he was not in violation of the rulebook.

At age 34

Not too long ago this poll of one representative from each of the league's 29 teams would have been a waste of time. Only one player would have received votes: Chicago's Michael Jordan, of course. But while Jordan's reign as the NBA's most explosive player continues

Akhenaten
06-06-2013, 05:34 PM

Think about what you are saying, a second tier athlete avg 27 ppg on 49% FG with a rickety azz jumper.

That's doesn't make any sense man (BTW only 7 of those points were from FT's), how was he able to be such a prolific scorer with second tier athleticism?

Lebron (first tier) 04-05 thru 10-11:

29/7/7 49% 2stls 1blk on 20 FGA, 6.9 made FT's, 1.5 made threes

Wade (second tier) 04-05 thru 10-11:

27/7/5 49% 2stls 1blk on 19 FGA, 7.4 made FT's, .6 made 3's

virtually no separation in numbers, this is with Lebron taking and making twice the amount of threes (which accounts for the ppg separation), yet Wade is an entire tier below somebody like Vince Carter even though for 7 seasons Wade matched the statistical output of some considered by most to be a top 2-5 NBA athlete to ever play :biggums:

not to mention Wade DESTROYED prime Carter in both their playoff matchups :wtf:

Is it cause Wade sucks now or is it that he's just not likeable, the stuff I'm reading in this thread is blowing my mind. You would think I made a thread about Jarett Jack or somebody...the DISRESPECT :biggums:

PLEASE tell me how Wade manufactured 20 ppg on FG for 7 consecutive seasons in the NBA with no jumper if he wasn't an elite athlete of the HIGHEST order.

tell me...ANYBODY?

amenra27
06-07-2013, 08:50 AM
First step -Jordan easily
quickness while dribbling-Wade slightly
quickness without ball-Jordan
overall leaping ability-Jordan easily
strength-Jordan
body control-Jordan slightly
fluidity effortless movement-Jordan
stamina-Jordan-best ever

plowking
06-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Wade is stronger than Jordan. You have to be delusional to think otherwise. Wade is an absolute tank of epic proportions. I don't care what past players have said about Jordan being as strong as a center, etc. Wade is simply stronger.

D-Wade316
06-07-2013, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=andgar923]Are people forgetting that MJ didn't have the luxury of playing in an era with open lanes, weak big men, p*ssyfied no touch rules. Give MJ the same rules that Wade benefitted from and there truly won't be any comparison.

Lateral quickness? again

Akhenaten
06-07-2013, 09:51 AM
still waiting on someone to tell me how a 6'4 second rate athlete with a suspect jumper avg 27 ppg shoots 49% for 7 seasons.

macpierce
06-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Wade is stronger than Jordan. You have to be delusional to think otherwise. Wade is an absolute tank of epic proportions. I don't care what past players have said about Jordan being as strong as a center, etc. Wade is simply stronger.

Really? I remember Kobe posting up wade with ease.

Dragonyeuw
06-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Really? I remember Kobe posting up wade with ease.

Kobe himself is no slouch in the strength department.

Akhenaten
06-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Wade just seems to have that extra gear like Rose but he does it while being taller.

His acceleration/burst WAS unreal.

I DARE anybody to post a vid of a guy going from 0-60 faster than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddmd9F1uyO4

AlphaWolf24
06-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Only thing Wade has over Jordan is lateral quickness.....his first step is not better Jordan had the best first step in the league for years. Stand still vert? Really u better do ur research...Jordan got off the ground quick and with a ton of explosion

http://imgur.com/r/nba/EnGyg

mostly this...

Wade's lateral quikness and recovery speed is on par with MJ...

- MJ had much better first step ( with the ball of course)....and much better abilty to absorb contact and finish(the most amazing aspect of his game)

- most people under estimate how great MJ was with the ball....he was extremely skilled...notjust anathletic freak.

he could do change direction moves and explode past defenders.....and just elevate.....better then anyone ever.......but IMO it was more his skill then just athleticism.

http://www.uppic.com/uploads/13661500551.gif

juju151111
06-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Man sit down. Wade gets knock on his ass every second. Mj takes hit and still lands most of the time. Robert horry played against both said Mj was the strongest player at guard and so did bruce bowen. Wade is known for his quickness mostly. Even when Mj was a twig in the 80s he was still dunking on 3 people while getting slapped across the face.

lefthook00
06-07-2013, 11:29 AM

If you watch Kobe and Wade play each other, you'll notice that Kobe can back Wade down easily on the block, every time, even though Wade weighs more. Now this could be due to footwork, determination, etc. as well as some other things, but I don't see Kobe having such an easy time with MJ on the block. Wade definitely is more built though for sure.

Akhenaten
06-07-2013, 11:32 AM
mostly this...

Wade's lateral quikness and recovery speed is on par with MJ...

- MJ had much better first step ( with the ball of course)....and much better abilty to absorb contact and finish(the most amazing aspect of his game)

- most people under estimate how great MJ was with the ball....he was extremely skilled...notjust anathletic freak.

he could do change direction moves and explode past defenders.....and just elevate.....better then anyone ever.......but IMO it was more his skill then just athleticism.

http://www.uppic.com/uploads/13661500551.gif

great post

It's Jordan's supreme skill and length that separates him from a guy like Wade.

His will and mentality separates him from Lebron.

His athleticism and discipline separates him from Kobe.

lefthook00
06-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Think about what you are saying, a second tier athlete avg 27 ppg on 49% FG with a rickety azz jumper.

That's doesn't make any sense man (BTW only 7 of those points were from FT's), how was he able to be such a prolific scorer with second tier athleticism?

Lebron (first tier) 04-05 thru 10-11:

29/7/7 49% 2stls 1blk on 20 FGA, 6.9 made FT's, 1.5 made threes

Wade (second tier) 04-05 thru 10-11:

27/7/5 49% 2stls 1blk on 19 FGA, 7.4 made FT's, .6 made 3's

virtually no separation in numbers, this is with Lebron taking and making twice the amount of threes (which accounts for the ppg separation), yet Wade is an entire tier below somebody like Vince Carter even though for 7 seasons Wade matched the statistical output of some considered by most to be a top 2-5 NBA athlete to ever play :biggums:

not to mention Wade DESTROYED prime Carter in both their playoff matchups :wtf:

Is it cause Wade sucks now or is it that he's just not likeable, the stuff I'm reading in this thread is blowing my mind. You would think I made a thread about Jarett Jack or somebody...the DISRESPECT :biggums:

PLEASE tell me how Wade manufactured 20 ppg on FG for 7 consecutive seasons in the NBA with no jumper if he wasn't an elite athlete of the HIGHEST order.

tell me...ANYBODY?

Oh no doubt man, Wade is one of the best to EVER do it at his peak, what I mean by tier 1 and tier 2 is that they are both EXTREMELY elite top of the top in the gene pool, tier 1 being like 99.9 percentile, and tier 2 being like 95+ percentile in terms of athleticism. Tier 2 is still pretty much the best of the best, but tier 1 only has like 5 players in it. Perhaps Vince is not in tier 1. But I don't think Wade is on the level of MJ, Shaq, Wilt, etc.

Mass Debator
06-07-2013, 11:47 AM
If you watch Kobe and Wade play each other, you'll notice that Kobe can back Wade down easily on the block, every time, even though Wade weighs more. Now this could be due to footwork, determination, etc. as well as some other things, but I don't see Kobe having such an easy time with MJ on the block. Wade definitely is more built though for sure.
Actually, what makes Kobe effective on the post is his push off with his off arm every time he backs down (should be a foul). Watch Jordan or Wade in the post. They don't do that at all. People have got to pay attention to details sometimes. Even with his elite body control and footwork, he still resorts to stuff like these to get an edge. Go watch some videos of Kobe in the post and you'll see what I mean.

zizozain
06-07-2013, 12:01 PM
lol @ Quickness/speed and Wade is stronger than Jordan

gengiskhan
06-07-2013, 02:27 PM
lol @ Quickness/speed and Wade is stronger than Jordan

You've gotta realize with these 20 yrs old ISHers

When they think of MJ, its 1996-1998 & 2001-2003 Jordan.

They've never heard of or even seen 1981-1993 MJ EVER!