PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k14

Pages : [1] 2 3

sc19
06-06-2013, 10:12 PM
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/ZMGL.ehEg.dCPB0phBmD0g--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/LeBron-James-has-his-first-video-game-cover.-Image-via-2K-Sports.jpg
Da king is finally here.

CelticBaller
06-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Stern already told them the outcome :pimp:

sc19
06-07-2013, 12:31 AM
IGN info:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/07/next-gen-nba-2k14-launching-day-and-date-with-xbox-one-ps4

The Macho Man
06-07-2013, 12:55 AM
Does he still do the chalk toss?

Rake2204
06-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Somewhat bummed to hear Virtual Currency is returning. I at least hope it's tweaked in many areas, such as no longer replacing real money in MyPlayer (tired of signing a 3 year, 3,000 VC contract).

Shade8780
06-07-2013, 05:15 AM
There's a new mode called Path to Greatness and 2K said it has something to do with LeBron. I think it'll be like the MJ mode in 2K11. Imagine playing with a rookie LeBron or St. Vincent-St. Mary LeBron :rockon: :bowdown:

Sakkreth
06-07-2013, 06:10 AM
Stern already told them the outcome :pimp:

Yeah that's why 2k13 had Durant.

CanYouDigIt
06-07-2013, 09:41 AM
There's a new mode called Path to Greatness and 2K said it has something to do with LeBron. I think it'll be like the MJ mode in 2K11. Imagine playing with a rookie LeBron or St. Vincent-St. Mary LeBron :rockon: :bowdown:
Then think about in 2010, being able to choose your own Free Agency destination.

KobesFinger
06-07-2013, 10:04 AM
I bet it plays exactly like 2K13, which is a shame. I thought 2K12 was as good as 2K11, but then 2K13 played less like a basketball game and more like a pick up game. Something I did like about 2K13 was the amount of historic teams. They need to bring back the proficiencies and historic mode from 2K12 (is this Path to Greatness?), and the draft combine and D-League from 2K11. The CPU (both teammate and opposition) has needed an overhaul for a while, not just a tweak because at times your team is stupid and the opposition are the Monstars. Some things I want them to add are:

-Circumstances having a bigger effect on trades and free agency
-Multi team trades being viable
-Ability to put your own face in the game on your player
-Deeper Association: I want to be able to rename or relocate my franchise if its unpopular. I want to be able to host fan events etc.

BankShot
06-07-2013, 11:57 AM
-Deeper Association: I want to be able to rename or relocate my franchise if its unpopular. I want to be able to host fan events etc.

I'd also like to finances be a bigger part of the Association this time around outside of a simple salary cap.

Big vs. Small market, superstar-related income, varying free agency exceptions per the new CBA, sign-and-trades, more in-depth input from players regarding upcoming free agency.

Stuff like that.

nightprowler10
06-07-2013, 12:09 PM
This game would have to be incredible for me to buy something with LeBron's picture on the cover. :lol

KobesFinger
06-07-2013, 01:42 PM
I'd also like to finances be a bigger part of the Association this time around outside of a simple salary cap.

Big vs. Small market, superstar-related income, varying free agency exceptions per the new CBA, sign-and-trades, more in-depth input from players regarding upcoming free agency.

Stuff like that.

Exactly. I want to be immersed in Association mode. Maybe your superstar has a list of players he'd like me to trade for or sign. The luxury tax needs to be a factor. If you're over the cap in 2K13 it doesn't matter. IRL teams try to avoid being too deep into the luxury tax. Ticket and merchandise sales would be good. 2K should look at the FIFA management mode, or the Football Manager series. I know all of what I've said are major additions but sometimes little things make a difference too. For example the ability to retire a jersey would be nice.

KG215
06-08-2013, 05:00 PM
This game would have to be incredible for me to buy something with LeBron's picture on the cover. :lol
I don't understand people that think like this when it comes to buying a sports game, unless it has their favorite player on the cover. It's not like you buy the game and stare at the cover all the time. This is especially true with 2K, but when I first buy it, it doesn't leave my PS3 for a few months; so the only time I see the cover during that time is while I'm taking it out of the plastic wrapping. After that, I put it back in the drawer next to the TV I play video games on and it's out of sight. And even when I do get a little tired of it, and star going back-and-forth between 2K and another game or two, it's not like I pause for a few minutes to look at the cover.

So again, who the hell cares who's on the cover? I can't imagine that ever being the main or sole reason why I wouldn't buy a video game.

d.bball.guy
06-09-2013, 01:10 AM
Then think about in 2010, being able to choose your own Free Agency destination.
Imagine a GM sitdown kind of thing, but instead it's an ESPN special, LeBron is wearing a plaid shirt, and you choose the team you want to go to :bowdown:

TylerOO
06-11-2013, 02:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_osh4gRHXCI

Looks awesome. That LBJ celebration vs Boston is in the game LOL

Scholar
06-11-2013, 02:31 AM
I really hope they make major improvements to gameplay involving "cheese." You know what I mean, right? You play against someone online and they're able to knock down fadeaway 3's with Bird all game while being double-teamed, drive to basket and dunk on everybody with either MJ or LeBron, draw a charge as soon as you inbound the ball at the other end of the court, etc.
They better also make it possible to block dunks.

And I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping 2K adjusts MyTeam mode, making it more enjoyable. Maybe remove the "Road to the Playoffs" and add something entirely different. Like what? Too much to post, not enough time right now.

Rose
07-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Pretty awesome news.

insidehoops
07-06-2013, 05:08 AM
14 Euroleague teams to appear in NBA 2K14

Euroleague Basketball has signed a multi-year global licensing partnership with 2K Sports, which will see its teams incorporated into the next edition of the NBA 2K14 video game developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio.

It will be the first time Euroleague teams have been included in the popular franchise and will allow gamers to pit Euroleague teams against those from the National Basketball Association (NBA). The game will be released in October.

-- SportsProMedia

ukballer
07-06-2013, 11:38 AM

Euroleague Basketball has signed a multi-year global licensing partnership with 2K Sports, which will see its teams incorporated into the next edition of the NBA 2K14 video game developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio.

It will be the first time Euroleague teams have been included in the popular franchise and will allow gamers to pit Euroleague teams against those from the National Basketball Association (NBA). The game will be released in October.

-- SportsProMedia

:facepalm

d.bball.guy
07-06-2013, 09:45 PM

-- SportsProMedia
Euroleague(poster) is jizzing all over his Xbox now.

sc19
07-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Would be sick if they added Olympics for MyPlayer mode. :bowdown: They just gotta add more foreign team.

nightprowler10
07-07-2013, 01:03 AM
I don't understand people that think like this when it comes to buying a sports game, unless it has their favorite player on the cover. It's not like you buy the game and stare at the cover all the time. This is especially true with 2K, but when I first buy it, it doesn't leave my PS3 for a few months; so the only time I see the cover during that time is while I'm taking it out of the plastic wrapping. After that, I put it back in the drawer next to the TV I play video games on and it's out of sight. And even when I do get a little tired of it, and star going back-and-forth between 2K and another game or two, it's not like I pause for a few minutes to look at the cover.

So again, who the hell cares who's on the cover? I can't imagine that ever being the main or sole reason why I wouldn't buy a video game.
It was a joke bro. I have 2K10 and I hate Kobe. I did skip 2K13 though because I didn't feel it would be a big step up from 2K12 and it had my favorite player on the cover.

ukballer
07-07-2013, 02:53 AM
Yeah, I'd like to find out more about My Player/Career mode, and whether the Euroleague teams will be a part of it, or whether they're just there for quick match/online purposes.

Graviton
07-07-2013, 04:43 AM
They need to drastically improve the defense on their garbage engine, seriously how many times can Lebron mash turbo button and dunk on your whole team. The fastbreak cheese in this game is retarded, I can't defend and control 5 players at the same time. All it takes is one inbound pass to halfcourt then an alley oop or bounce pass and it's an instant dunk, or Lebron can just outrun everyone and dunk on 3 people.

2k11 and 2k12 had "sticky" defense and it wasn't so braindead easy to abuse drives and dunk every time, I played some amazing defense in 2k12 and destroyed cheesers that just spammed Lebron/Wade. Now in 2k13 it doesn't matter what you do vs Heat Allen/Battie/Lebron/Chalmers hit every 3 while Wade somehow hits fadeaway mid range jumpers and Lebron is 100% inside in the paint no matter how many people you defend him with. :facepalm

Scholar
07-08-2013, 10:33 AM
They need to drastically improve the defense on their garbage engine, seriously how many times can Lebron mash turbo button and dunk on your whole team. The fastbreak cheese in this game is retarded, I can't defend and control 5 players at the same time. All it takes is one inbound pass to halfcourt then an alley oop or bounce pass and it's an instant dunk, or Lebron can just outrun everyone and dunk on 3 people.

2k11 and 2k12 had "sticky" defense and it wasn't so braindead easy to abuse drives and dunk every time, I played some amazing defense in 2k12 and destroyed cheesers that just spammed Lebron/Wade. Now in 2k13 it doesn't matter what you do vs Heat Allen/Battie/Lebron/Chalmers hit every 3 while Wade somehow hits fadeaway mid range jumpers and Lebron is 100% inside in the paint no matter how many people you defend him with. :facepalm

This. Whenever I play a Versus match online and see that the opponent is picking the Heat, I simply back out of the match without it affecting my record. It's not even a Heat-hater mentality for me. I really dislike the turbo/dunking cheese.

CeltsGarlic
07-08-2013, 11:50 AM
It was a joke bro. I have 2K10 and I hate Kobe. I did skip 2K13 though because I didn't feel it would be a big step up from 2K12 and it had my favorite player on the cover.

2k12 was the worst 2k in years.

nightprowler10
07-08-2013, 05:28 PM
2k12 was the worst 2k in years.
Was 2K13 a step-up then? I'm asking because I never played it. Graviton's post makes it sound horrible. Plus I know my bro-in-law plays it and he said it's pretty buggy as well.

Shade8780
07-11-2013, 01:50 PM
It's been confirmed that Euroleague teams won't be implemented into My Player or Association and will only be able to be used in quick match and online games. I'll probably never touch the Euroleague teams now. ****ing sucks :(

Shade8780
07-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Was 2K13 a step-up then? I'm asking because I never played it. Graviton's post makes it sound horrible. Plus I know my bro-in-law plays it and he said it's pretty buggy as well.
2K13 was definitely a step up. Don't know what Graviton's saying but the gameplay was much worse in 2K12 than it was in either 2K11 or 2K13. If you go back and play a game in 2K12 after playing 2K13, you'll notice how frustrating it is and broken.

2K11 > 2K13 >> 2K12

nightprowler10
07-11-2013, 06:11 PM
2K13 was definitely a step up. Don't know what Graviton's saying but the gameplay was much worse in 2K12 than it was in either 2K11 or 2K13. If you go back and play a game in 2K12 after playing 2K13, you'll notice how frustrating it is and broken.

2K11 > 2K13 >> 2K12
Damn man, I really miss 2K11. I gotta get my copy back from my coworker.

LongLiveTheKing
07-12-2013, 02:51 AM

2K11 > 2K13 >> 2K12
Yes, 2k12 was meh. 11 and 13 are a lot better.

Done_And_Done
07-12-2013, 05:43 AM

Meh...

Shade8780
07-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Damn man, I really miss 2K11. I gotta get my copy back from my coworker.
Yeah, 2K11 is probably the best sports game of all time! They went all out with it. To this day, I've never been so hyped for a game as I was with 2K11. The wait killed me :lol Not only did it have superior gameplay and graphics to past 2Ks though, it had CREW! Too bad the servers have been put down. Hopefully with the next gen coming out, 2K14 can make a big step up with gameplay and graphics like they did with 2K11.

heavensdevil
07-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Yeah, 2K11 is probably the best sports game of all time! They went all out with it. To this day, I've never been so hyped for a game as I was with 2K11. The wait killed me :lol Not only did it have superior gameplay and graphics to past 2Ks though, it had CREW! Too bad the servers have been put down. Hopefully with the next gen coming out, 2K14 can make a big step up with gameplay and graphics like they did with 2K11.

really enjoyed 2k11 as well, mainly because I could hit 3's with Rashard Lewis from damn near half court...

Shade8780
07-16-2013, 02:33 PM
I had an Association with the Bucks, and Salmons and Redd were ****ing beastly :lol I remember playing CP3 and the Hornets and at the end of the game, I hit a buzzer-beater 3 with Salmons to put the game to OT. Ended up winning that bitch! :')

Jameerthefear
07-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Some dude with the Clippers just chucked fade away contested 3's against me the WHOLE game. He shot 60% and won. 2k13 sucks. Hope this is better

Shade8780
07-17-2013, 01:50 PM
If PTG is LeBron's best moments:

1. State Championship Game in Senior Year of High School
2. NBA Debut vs Sacramento
3. 56 point game vs Toronto
4. Game 5 vs Detroit 2007 ECF
5. Game 1 vs Orlando 2009 ECF
6. Game 6 vs Celtics 2012 ECF
7. Game 5 vs Thunder 2012 Finals
8. Game 6 vs Spurs 2013 Finals
9. Game 7 vs Spurs 2013 Finals

sc19
07-18-2013, 12:11 AM
My problem with 2k13 is how easy it is to hit 3s. Run around the perimeter with quick setshots and it's completely broken.

stallionaire
07-25-2013, 02:05 PM
If PTG is LeBron's best moments:

1. State Championship Game in Senior Year of High School
2. NBA Debut vs Sacramento
3. 56 point game vs Toronto
4. Game 5 vs Detroit 2007 ECF
5. Game 1 vs Orlando 2009 ECF
6. Game 6 vs Celtics 2012 ECF
7. Game 5 vs Thunder 2012 Finals
8. Game 6 vs Spurs 2013 Finals
9. Game 7 vs Spurs 2013 Finals

Omfg @ #6. LeBron's most epic moment IMO. Sealing the deal against the Celts, solidifying his spot as the winner of that rivalry. :applause:

The Macho Man
08-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Will you be able to import your myplayer from 2k13 to 14? If not that should be a thing.

GOBB
08-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Will you be able to import your myplayer from 2k13 to 14? If not that should be a thing.

No, and why would you given the whole game mode is designed to start from scratch and build? Plus it would defeat the purpose of the My Player additions in the game mode.

The Macho Man
08-04-2013, 09:07 PM
No, and why would you given the whole game mode is designed to start from scratch and build? Plus it would defeat the purpose of the My Player additions in the game mode.

Because I don't want to start from scratch, I want to continue the one from 13. And the additions would still be there.

GOBB
08-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Because I don't want to start from scratch, I want to continue the one from 13. And the additions would still be there.

Too bad for you. You're starting over. And enjoy the new additions whatever those happen to be.

Heavincent
08-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Guess what? You can block dunks now!

http://media.operationsports.com/shots/624/25262.jpg

CelticBaller
08-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Guess what? You can block dunks now!

http://media.operationsports.com/shots/624/25262.jpg
like you couldn't before?

Heavincent
08-06-2013, 09:45 PM
like you couldn't before?

Not in 2K13.

CelticBaller
08-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Not in 2K13.
i'm pretty sure you could, it just changes the animation

ZMonkey11
08-07-2013, 12:45 AM
i'm pretty sure you could, it just changes the animation

Yea I had my balls blocked. Not so epic...the animation.

nightprowler10
08-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Used to block dunks all the time in 2K12.

Scholar
08-07-2013, 11:10 AM
It is damn near impossible to block dunks in 2K13. I think I've only done it once & it shocked everyone who was playing Team-Up with me.

Talent
08-07-2013, 03:20 PM
I think only LeBron can block dunks!

Burgz V2
08-07-2013, 04:11 PM
you could definitely block dunks but it never happens. You either get glitched on and the player just flies through you or the guy will jus missed the dunk off the rim. probably blocked like 2 dunks EVER in 2K.

GOBB
08-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Look people wanna get technical? Yes you can block dunks. But it happens RARELY to the point that you question if you can block dunks at all. Which is what prompts gamers to say you CANT block dunks. Face it blocking not only dunks but in general in nba2k13 was rare. I'm not talkin about the spot up shooter who has your grandmoms shot release. I'm talkin about the images in the photo up above doesnt happen. I'm talkin plenty of drives to the basket and it doesnt even have to be a dunk where you as a defender clearly should block the shot and dont. For a game that promoted the Bron chase down dunk you sure couldnt block shyt after chasing a player down.

I dont get where some people say you could block dunks, shots on 2k13. Shut up, you're a liar.

Side note: In My Player Pick up it was BEYOND ridiculous the lack of blocking.

Burgz V2
08-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Look people wanna get technical? Yes you can block dunks. But it happens RARELY to the point that you question if you can block dunks at all. Which is what prompts gamers to say you CANT block dunks. Face it blocking not only dunks but in general in nba2k13 was rare. I'm not talkin about the spot up shooter who has your grandmoms shot release. I'm talkin about the images in the photo up above doesnt happen. I'm talkin plenty of drives to the basket and it doesnt even have to be a dunk where you as a defender clearly should block the shot and dont. For a game that promoted the Bron chase down dunk you sure couldnt block shyt after chasing a player down.

I dont get where some people say you could block dunks, shots on 2k13. Shut up, you're a liar.

Side note: In My Player Pick up it was BEYOND ridiculous the lack of blocking.

my grandmother got a quick trigger, she'll light it up

$LakerGold
08-07-2013, 04:48 PM
^This (GOBB) & for what it's worth, I was addicted to NBA live 03' when I was a kid & I was so obsessed at blocking dunks cuz my uncle would cheese with O'neal on the baseline ... So the only way to stop him was to time the block every ****ing dunk attempt. That was back when they didn't have animations for blocks, you had to swat it out of their hand & IT WAS REALLY ****ING HARD.

For 2k13, you have to time everything, if the guy is about to dunk, & you timed it perfectly, the animation changes to where he doesn't show he's dunking but changes to a struggling animation & then the player blocks it. Sometimes when there are no animations available, based on where every one is positioned, you just really have to time it & swat it out & it's a pain in my ass. I really bet there's about 2-4 blocking animations in this game, which is why it rarely happens I guess cuz' all of them have to be timed perfectly.

So work on your TIMING BITCHES.

CelticBaller
08-07-2013, 04:58 PM
you could definitely block dunks but it never happens. You either get glitched on and the player just flies through you or the guy will jus missed the dunk off the rim. probably blocked like 2 dunks EVER in 2K.
this is the animation I meant :lol

Shade8780
08-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Ronnie2K keeps tweeting about this big news which is #3R335. They said they're gonna announce it next week. This is apparently the news that "amped up" the guys at the Community Team-Up so I'm guessing it's Crew.

#3R335

3 = C - Third letter of the alphabet
R = R
3 = E - Flip 3 backwards and it's E
3 = W - Flip 3 sideways and it's W

5+3+3+3 = 14

Crew 2K14

WayOfWade
08-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Something I really wish they would add in NBA 2K is alternate Jerseys in MyCareer. It doesn't need to be us choosing the jersey, they can just apply them every 3rd or 4th road game. I know they can do it, because the Lakers in MyCareer have white jerseys on when you play @ Staples Center in Sundays.

CanYouDigIt
08-12-2013, 06:33 PM
http://gyazo.com/056d56dbcd5667f1431f855b38ef8e17.png

DAMMIT SOMEONE CRACK THIS!

WayOfWade
08-12-2013, 08:21 PM

I'm pretty sure Crew is coming back. I don't remember the exact cracking down of the code, but I'm sure it's somewhere online.

G-train
08-12-2013, 08:53 PM

you can continue it forever, on NBA 2K13.

G-train
08-12-2013, 08:56 PM
On MyPlayer I provided help D on a Pek tomahawk dunk and rejected it right at the summit, replays confirming all ball.
No block was recorded, and no skill points earned for the feat.

Shade8780
08-14-2013, 09:07 AM

Easy.

#3R335

3 = C - Third letter of the alphabet
R = R
3 = E - Flip 3 backwards and it's E
3 = W - Flip 3 sideways and it's W

5+3+3+3 = 14

Crew 2K14

Shade8780
08-14-2013, 09:10 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/nba-2k14/achievements/

Legit source. They've been correct with 2K achievements in the past. Oh, and Crew is officially back peeps :rockon: Can't wait to see what Path to Greatness is like as well. If we can play with High School LeBron.... :bowdown: There was something like that in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 where you could play with Tiger as a kid and a teenager.

Maniak
08-14-2013, 11:28 AM
still nothing about association?

2k blows.

Shade8780
08-14-2013, 12:00 PM
still nothing about association?

2k blows.
Wait for the Dev Insights. It's only August after all.

Heavincent
08-14-2013, 03:41 PM
EA Sports esque. Taking shit out of the game and then hyping it up when it gets put back in :rolleyes:

2K11 was the best sports game ever but they've just been taking steps back ever since. I'll probably buy 2K14 for PS4 but they better get back on track soon.

GOBB
08-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Taken steps back how? I dont think they taken bigger steps. Largely due to NBA Live being a crap franchise.

There is video of them talkin about bringing back Crew. Yet all the video shows is 3 vs 3 halfcourt blacktop. Despite the description saying 5 vs 5. If its not 5 vs 5 full court option then forget Crew.

Heavincent
08-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Taken steps back how? I dont think they taken bigger steps. Largely due to NBA Live being a crap franchise.

2K11 is a better game than both 2K12 and 13. 13 is alright, but interior defense is non existent, it's a constant cheese fest online, and the animations when going up for a layup in traffic are often stupid and don't make any sense (seriously, driving to the basket in 2K11 was so much better).

And I agree with maniak. I'm sick of them ignoring association.

CanYouDigIt
08-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Now that the community helped CREW to come back, time for us to get Association revamped.

Bring back the D-League
Add Amnesty
Have realistic Free Agency signings (Chris Paul will never go to the Pistons)
Player's can earn Sig. Skills during the offseason based off their previous season
Have a Fantasy Draft system that makes since (Rondo is not a First Round Pick)
Have CPU Teams be smart enough to clear Cap Space to keep their star players
Allow Sign & Trades to be done during Free Agency

GOBB
08-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Now that the community helped CREW to come back, time for us to get Association revamped.

Bring back the D-League
Add Amnesty
Have realistic Free Agency signings (Chris Paul will never go to the Pistons)
Player's can earn Sig. Skills during the offseason based off their previous season
Have a Fantasy Draft system that makes since (Rondo is not a First Round Pick)
Have CPU Teams be smart enough to clear Cap Space to keep their star players
Allow Sign & Trades to be done during Free Agency

F*ck that. The main problem with 2k that has consistently been a problem is servers. Even now if you play Team Up, Blacktop, Online Association the servers act up. That should never happen at this point. EA servers is what 2k should push for. 2k has dominated the basketball industry for a couple years now. Should have profits especially using 2k13 to lure people to spend money.

Shade8780
08-15-2013, 05:23 PM
F*ck that. The main problem with 2k that has consistently been a problem is servers. Even now if you play Team Up, Blacktop, Online Association the servers act up. That should never happen at this point. EA servers is what 2k should push for. 2k has dominated the basketball industry for a couple years now. Should have profits especially using 2k13 to lure people to spend money.
EA Servers?! :roll:

Ever play FIFA? Oh lawdy lawd, those servers... :facepalm

ihoopallday
08-16-2013, 10:26 AM
2K11 is a better game than both 2K12 and 13. 13 is alright, but interior defense is non existent, it's a constant cheese fest online, and the animations when going up for a layup in traffic are often stupid and don't make any sense (seriously, driving to the basket in 2K11 was so much better).

And I agree with maniak. I'm sick of them ignoring association.

2k11 was awesome! 2k13 just has too many annoying things in it. I seriously feel like breaking my controller when I'm wide open for a layup, then all of a sudden I go into this awkward animation. And the 3pt shooting online..... yeah don't even get me started :lol

Rake2204
08-16-2013, 10:42 AM
2k13 just has too many annoying things in it. I seriously feel like breaking my controller when I'm wide open for a layup, then all of a sudden I go into this awkward animation.It's definitely felt as if 2K tried to patch some statistical gaps over the past couple of years by taking control away from the user. I understand their predicament.

On one hand, blocks and steals were too common in 2K12 and layups were probably a little too easy to finish in other iterations. As such, blocks, steals, and points in the paint likely did not reflect real life. But I'm guessing 2K struggled to immediately tweak their game in a manner that'd naturally cut down on all of those events.

So instead, 2K went the route of taking control away from the user in many regards. For instance, ever been in control of a shot blocker in 2K13, read a drive perfectly, timed things just right and rose high in the air to swat a point guard's shot, only to have one of these three things occur: Ball Through Hand, Non-Sensible Block Swat (Ewing sideswipes with his left hand when right hand high reach was natural and right move), or Shot Virtually in Shot Blocker's Swatting Hand Only to Be Pulled Back In At Last Second For Improbable Double Clutch Attempt?

Another huge example would be those moments where your right handed player catches the ball on the right wing on a fast break and clearly has an open lane to finish a standard, strong handed layup, only to see him change direction, attempt a left handed layup at the front of the hoop (not using backboard) thus allowing a defender who should have no chance of getting back, an opportunity to merely put themselves in the picture, which 2K then registers as a contested shot and very likely leads to an improbable miss.

Those bum me out, because control clearly feels sacrificed for the sake of statistical output.

Heavincent
08-16-2013, 12:10 PM
2k11 was awesome! 2k13 just has too many annoying things in it. I seriously feel like breaking my controller when I'm wide open for a layup, then all of a sudden I go into this awkward animation. And the 3pt shooting online..... yeah don't even get me started :lol

Exactly. All I want to do is a simple right handed layup, but instead I end up going off my right foot and doing this weird fading animation to the left. Shit drove me fvcking nuts.

Rake2204
08-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Exactly. All I want to do is a simple right handed layup, but instead I end up going off my right foot and doing this weird fading animation to the left. Shit drove me fvcking nuts.Oh man, those right footed drifting fade hook sweep runners...

GOBB
08-16-2013, 02:33 PM

Never played Fifa. Played Madden and the servers were good. :confusedshrug:

bdreason
08-16-2013, 02:40 PM

EA servers shit all over 2K servers.

Online is the one place where I think EA could still make waves with Live, even if it's an inferior game. 2K online modes, especially their attempt at "ultimate team", has been a complete joke.

niko
08-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Never played Fifa. Played Madden and the servers were good. :confusedshrug:
FIFA is really fun. Short games, action packed, controls are dead on. It's what I wish Madden was more moving toward.

sc19
08-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Xbox One or PS4 with dedicated servers = no more online lag. :bowdown:

GOBB
08-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Xbox One or PS4 with dedicated servers = no more online lag. :bowdown:

No Crew oy MyTeam on new generation consoles. Only 360. In case you cared

Heavincent
08-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFZxltxrvFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVXZYRTqcl0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXgW_ve6v9E

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWCFqwlAvco

Nothing to get overly excited about, but I'll probably be getting the PS4 version anyway.

Wavves
08-22-2013, 02:14 AM
Just looked at the gameplay, what a ****ing joke, looks the exact same as 2k13. At least in the gameplay they showed early in 2k13 I could notice some changes since the last, but 2k14 looks identical and without me knowing I would not have known it was the new game.

$LakerGold
08-22-2013, 07:01 AM
Just looked at the gameplay, what a ****ing joke, looks the exact same as 2k13. At least in the gameplay they showed early in 2k13 I could notice some changes since the last, but 2k14 looks identical and without me knowing I would not have known it was the new game.
:pimp:

Shade8780
08-22-2013, 09:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HxQVsxbrTc

1080p gameplay of Real Madrid vs Olympiacos. Looks a lot like 2K13. I like the presentation at the start, but I think it looks too creative and not very realistic looking. Spanoulis :bowdown: :applause: :lol

Shade8780
08-22-2013, 09:26 AM
This is good news in disguise. It means that their putting their full concentration on next-gen 2K14. The only reason I'll be playing current-gen 2K14 this year will be for Crew and MyTEAM. The other modes like My Player, Association, PTG etc. I'll be playing on PS4. Don't really care much about the gameplay videos that are on the PS3 and the 360.

CanYouDigIt
08-22-2013, 12:59 PM
People are judging a book by it's cover.

If 2K focused solely on graphics every year then they would be no different from NBA Live.

The graphics on 2K14 may be the same as 2K13, but the gameplay is what people should be focused on. For the past year people have been complaining on how mediocre 2K13's gameplay was, yet they want to focus on the graphics. :biggums:

Shade8780
08-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Looking at current-gen 2K14 pics of LeBron after seeing next-gen LeBron makes it look disappointing :oldlol:

Shade8780
08-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Mahhnn this game gon' be goooood.....

Player Motion

http://youtu.be/79vy78KJzoM

Dribbling, Shooting and Passing

http://youtu.be/wWaCKiWZsrY

How to use the new flashy passing

http://youtu.be/kpEETPFFEUg

Tips on how to dribble and use the new Pro Stick

http://youtu.be/lx0eR5itAA4

Shade8780
08-22-2013, 01:33 PM

If 2K focused solely on graphics every year then they would be no different from NBA Live.

The graphics on 2K14 may be the same as 2K13, but the gameplay is what people should be focused on. For the past year people have been complaining on how mediocre 2K13's gameplay was, yet they want to focus on the graphics. :biggums:
Agreed, gameplay >>>>> graphics.

GOBB
08-22-2013, 05:36 PM

Agreed its all about gameplay. Graphics arent an issue to me. If they want to change them for the new consoles? So be it. Hell I rather the same graphics and IMPROVED SERVERS.

ukballer
08-22-2013, 05:54 PM
I assume the latest trailers are for the 360/PS3 versions anyway considering they drop nearly 2 months before the new-gen consoles versions do.

The initial LeBron next-gen reveal at E3 had beautiful graphics, and that was actual PS4 gameplay.

KingMillions
08-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Agreed its all about gameplay. Graphics arent an issue to me. If they want to change them for the new consoles? So be it. Hell I rather the same graphics and IMPROVED SERVERS.

I agree as well. I would much rather have 2k refine and refine the gameplay rather then put out a whole new system and revamping everything.

G-train
08-28-2013, 08:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQlyBeh-FCk

Such a bad trailer to me. Lacks realism.
Kobe move at end where he fakes pass and shoots at same time. Terrence Ross dunk. And the Leonard bucket shot over his head from 10 feet falling out of bounds.
It’s ok if they are extremely rare events, but the trailer should just show common events, not NBA JAM highlights.

Graviton
08-29-2013, 04:51 AM
[QUOTE=G-train]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQlyBeh-FCk

Such a bad trailer to me. Lacks realism.
Kobe move at end where he fakes pass and shoots at same time. Terrence Ross dunk. And the Leonard bucket shot over his head from 10 feet falling out of bounds.
It

andremiller07
08-29-2013, 05:11 AM
All the 2k's I have played are complete shit which cater to no skill scrubs who just hold turbo with no ball movement or thought and jack it up with a contested hand in there face with Melo for it go in 90% of the time. Games shit it does not reward ball movement and open shots but rather god mode players you can close your eyes and win with.

NBA Jam>>>2k at least with Jam you know it's meant to be unrealistic.

Scholar
08-29-2013, 05:23 PM
So what I got out of that trailer is that they want me to pay $60 for a roster update.

F*ck that. I am 95% confident I'm not going to buy this game. After already spending $180+ over the past 3 years on 3 different 2K games (11, 12 & 13), I think I'm done. The 5% is just for later in 2014 when the price of used copies falls.

2K doesn't do shit to improve the gameplay. Yeah, they'll add a few new dunks, drop in a 360 layup, add that feature they showed in the end of Kobe fake passing, taking a step back and nailing a shot, etc., but overall the games are entirely the same. It still looks like it'll be major cheese mode all game, every game.

I bet the game will still support people taking fadeaway 3's with Carmelo and hitting 9/10 of them. I bet it'll still allow people to hold down the turbo button and dunk on 5 guys with LeBron James. I bet it'll still make it so that all you have to do to score is take the ball inside and dunk.

If I'm wrong and they do finally improve gameplay, those of you who are actually about to spend $60+ on it should please let me know. I doubt they've improved much about it, though. It'll still be the same old reaching fouls when you clearly have a chance at a clean steal, lack of blocks on dunks unless you time it perfectly, and no reason to play defense on 3pt cheesers because every shot is going in anyway.

AlphaWolf24
08-29-2013, 05:48 PM

this...

ukballer
08-30-2013, 02:36 AM
This is why I'm only getting it on new-gen consoles. I certainly didn't expect much difference between 2K13 and 2K14 on current gen. :confusedshrug:

Wavves
08-30-2013, 04:53 AM
This is why I'm only getting it on new-gen consoles. I certainly didn't expect much difference between 2K13 and 2K14 on current gen. :confusedshrug:

They need to show us what it looks like then on next gen. Granted, it should look much better. I saw FIFA 14 gameplay on the next gen consoles and it did look amazing.

ukballer
08-30-2013, 05:12 AM
They need to show us what it looks like then on next gen. Granted, it should look much better. I saw FIFA 14 gameplay on the next gen consoles and it did look amazing.

It's not much, but it's something, and the difference is noticeable.

AlphaWolf24
08-30-2013, 12:54 PM

It's not much, but it's something, and the difference is noticeable.

- in all honesty......sh!t looks the same as current Gen

- I remember in 2000 seeing the PS2 Graphics.....and hearing all the VG experts ( saying how advanced Technology is...and is going to get)...

I thought we would have super real life models/nearly flawless Graphics by now....mouth movement and eyes still look like trash

GOBB
08-30-2013, 02:27 PM

- I remember in 2000 seeing the PS2 Graphics.....and hearing all the VG experts ( saying how advanced Technology is...and is going to get)...

I thought we would have super real life models/nearly flawless Graphics by now....mouth movement and eyes still look like trash

Your expectations are ridiculous.

ukballer
08-30-2013, 05:01 PM

We must be watching different trailers, new-gen looks extremely fluid to me, and don't forget that footage is pre-alpha. You can expect a few tweaks. Mouth movement doesn't look perfected yet granted, but small things like facial expression looked pretty damn realistic to me.

I understand why the current-gen stuff is being pushed quite a lot now considering new-gen doesn't drop until November, but while I'm excited and curious after the LeBron new-gen trailer, I would love to see more.

Shade8780
08-30-2013, 05:04 PM
To all you dumb mother****ers who think PS4 isn't as big a step-up as PS2 to PS3 *cough* *cough* AlphaWolf24 *cough* ........

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/13290815/1024/Anonymous/LeBron-Face-Comparsion.png

And that 3rd picture isn't even actual 2K13, it's a PC Mod on 2K13, yet it still looks like crap compared to next-gen LeBron.

Also another thing is look how much the current-gen has evolved from when it came out to now...

NBA 2K6 on Xbox 360

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/666/666970/nba-2k6-20051115003213905-000.jpg

NBA 2K13 on Xbox 360

http://media.operationsports.com/shots/1345580053-media.jpg

Scholar
08-30-2013, 05:49 PM
To all you dumb mother****ers...

Relax, man. I'm not one of those "dumb mother****ers," but I still think this is too much, dude. It's not that serious.

... who think PS4 isn't as big a step-up as PS2 to PS3 *cough* *cough* AlphaWolf24 *cough* ........

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/13290815/1024/Anonymous/LeBron-Face-Comparsion.png

And that 3rd picture isn't even actual 2K13, it's a PC Mod on 2K13, yet it still looks like crap compared to next-gen LeBron.

Also another thing is look how much the current-gen has evolved from when it came out to now...

Yeah, the graphics are amazing, but I am pondering over what the gameplay will be like. I'd rather have the shitty graphics and better gameplay than better graphics and same gameplay.

NBA 2K6 on Xbox 360

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/666/666970/nba-2k6-20051115003213905-000.jpg

Is that DWade trying to block LeBron? :eek: I don't know anyone else on the Heat who wore #3, so ... WTF? Looks nothing like DWade.

Shade8780
08-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Is that DWade trying to block LeBron? :eek: I don't know anyone else on the Heat who wore #3, so ... WTF? Looks nothing like DWade.
Looks like Joel Anthony :oldlol:

Shade8780
08-30-2013, 05:59 PM
New signature skills announced along with the new LeBron Coast-To-Coast Signature Skill you get when you pre-order the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diI_ePndjqk

Graviton
08-31-2013, 12:32 AM
New signature skills announced along with the new LeBron Coast-To-Coast Signature Skill you get when you pre-order the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diI_ePndjqk
WTF they trying to make it even more unbalanced? Adding ridiculous contact dunks for Lebron? What exactly were they thinking, "Oh hey you know Lebron only dunks on 3 people in our game, lets create a skill that helps him out and gives him even MORE speed and power to dunk on 5 people!". Genius.

Wavves
08-31-2013, 01:04 AM
ehhhh, I'm probably just going to stick with 2k13 on my PC. Sick of 2k feeding us all bullshit over and over again.

andremiller07
08-31-2013, 05:45 AM
ehhhh, I'm probably just going to stick with 2k13 on my PC. Sick of 2k feeding us all bullshit over and over again.
What's online play like for PC?

ukballer
09-06-2013, 05:17 PM
NBA 2K14 Knicks vs. Lakers Full Game - 4 Quarters of Gameplay (Current-gen)

I've not watched much as I'm only getting it for PS4, but doesn't look bad at all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C0FlINsEFk

TylerOO
09-06-2013, 07:45 PM

I've not watched much as I'm only getting it for PS4, but doesn't look bad at all!

Wow. Looks like a completely new game.

Shade8780
09-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Wow. Looks like a completely new game.
That's what it is http://michaelgoodnow.net/images/emotions/EmoticonTongue.gif

Looks great gameplay-wise. Can't wait for it to come out. They went in the right direction with this game. October 4th can't come any faster :banana:

Scholar
09-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Ugh.. I was watching the gameplay, and the game does look much better, but it was pissing me off because every so often they'd leave the gameplay and just zoom in on Ronnie2K & LD2K. I don't get it... Was it because they were about to do some dribble moves they didn't want us to see yet? I know at one point, Ronnie was driving to the basket and they zoomed out of the gameplay and onto the guys' faces, then LD2K said, "Nice lay-up." Why didn't they show us the lay-up?
For the most part, they kept discussing animations that were already there in 2K13. The taunting at the FT line by Kobe was new, sure, but most of the animations Ronnie seemed to want us to notice have been around for a while. :confusedshrug:

Either way, I'm more intrigued by the game now, but I kind of think I'll wait a fews months until the price drop. Maybe buy the game used instead.

Wavves
09-07-2013, 10:34 AM
That's what it is http://michaelgoodnow.net/images/emotions/EmoticonTongue.gif

Looks great gameplay-wise. Can't wait for it to come out. They went in the right direction with this game. October 4th can't come any faster :banana:

Fanboy radar is going out of control right now.

Shade8780
09-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Fanboy radar is going out of control right now.
I amn't a fanboy. I bet you're the kind of guy that sees the graphics and judges it on that. The gameplay in this game looks awesome, and is awesome from what I've heard from people who've played it. Read this:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/656095-nba-2k14-impressions-videos-q-vegas-expo-jasonwilliams55.html

Shade8780
09-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Sup y'all?

Let me start with some background then I'll dive into the questions from my original Vegas thread.

So I arrived at the EXPO with the other billions of people and finally made it over to the 2K booth were they had 8 stations setup with 2K14, all first quarter 6 minutes long and only Spurs v Heat, you could switch between teams though. The build itself was extremely basic, no PnR action, no Playcalling, broadcast cam, pro settings.

So I get there at 11am, play until 1230-1'ish when Ronnie and LD2K arrived, so I stopped playing (somewhat) and talked to them for the most part until PG arrived (115ish until 230ish iirc) PG thoroughly whipped Ronnie. After PG left, Ronnie was floating around the booth, LD2K was sitting in a chair where Lids (OS) and I had surrounded him and was picking his brain and just general chatting about all things 2K/NBA, future of, visions, etc... Very enlightening talk, Chris and Ronnie are both standup peeps, very down to earth (as Lids said), they believe in the product (not just business belief either) but truly want the best basketball sim (yes SIM) possible, but alas they are not the makers nor the directors. They both want to be as transparent as possible but they still have strings attached (so to speak) to them. Don't look into the 'strings' part, its the best wording I can think of this morning.

So back to the chatting, from 230 - 4ish it was LD2K (Chris), Lids and I, straight up, no one else. At 4-415ish, they had to get ready to leave, and so, by the graces of all things 2K, Lids and I were both invited to come hang while they spent their free time before having to leave for PAX (oh yeah, some info will be dropped there, so be ready for that). So from 415ish until 715, I was able to talk to Ronnie and Chris (unfiltered) (Lids had to bounce for a bit but made it back around 7) so it was literally Ronnie, Chris and me for roughly 3 hours. Alot of things were discussed, some I can talk about some I can't, so much intertwined that I feel for how the Czar has to choose his words when he posts.

On that 3 hours... we talked/discussed current gen, next gen, future of both, marketing for both, gameplay ideas, whats doable, what not, etc etc etc... but let me get straight to next gen since its very easy to talk about. I got no info on it, they would not discuss it, period, but, let me say, they were bursting at the seams wanting to talk about it, more so than a 300lb man at an all you can eat.

They were honestly giddy about next gen and what its gonna do, but at the same time they had that childish fever about it, they also didn't want to dismiss want current gen has to offer.

Man, there is a lot I want to say, but just can't quite say outright and will wait until after some more official things are said.

Current Gen (CG)

CG is the culmination of 2k11 - 2k13, the best of each one mashed together, ironed out, tuned and balanced on both sides of the ball. Even with the lame demo build that was there, it was smoother, cleaner and more polished feeling than 13, yes that noticeable even on the demo build.

The build Ronnie and PG played on, made the demo feel a year old, it was 10x smoother/cleaner than the demo build. It was played on PS3 throughout the EXPO, with no noticeable jaggies anywhere, that is how smooth it looked. I was surprised by that, since the PS3 versions have always had that noticeable lack of graphical quality than the Xbox versions, that was no longer apparent. But I also did not get to see a Xbox version either, so take that for what it is. Just know that 14 is not a 10x increase on graphics (they are maxed out of memory on CG) but it is cleaner and more polished looking.

Graphic wise I guess one COULD say 14 is NBA2K13.5, but I wouldn't worry about that aspect, 14 gameplay wise is >>>> 13.

So while 14 might look like 13, it definitely does not play like it.

Not gonna get into details quite yet, but will when I go through and answer the questions, that's where you'll find the meat and potatoes. And at the end of the q/a section, I will leave y'all with one MAJOR TEASE. Yes... yes... hate me now.

**NOW FOR THE TEASE**

--------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THERE WAS A MODE THAT WILL MAKE YOU FORGET ABOUT MYPLAYER + CREW? SO MINDSHATTERING THAT THOSE MODES WOULD DROP OFF THE MAP (so to speak).

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/656095-nba-2k14-impressions-videos-q-vegas-expo-jasonwilliams55.html

CanYouDigIt
09-07-2013, 03:03 PM
**NOW FOR THE TEASE**

WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THERE WAS A MODE THAT WILL MAKE YOU FORGET ABOUT MYPLAYER + CREW? SO MINDSHATTERING THAT THOSE MODES WOULD DROP OFF THE MAP (so to speak).

DAMMIT DON'T TEASE ME! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

bdreason
09-07-2013, 04:49 PM

Stopped watching when Bargnani got an offensive rebound. I though this was supposed to be a SIM game?!?

:D

niko
09-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Stopped watching when Bargnani got an offensive rebound. I though this was supposed to be a SIM game?!?

:D
He actually missed three wide open shots and a bunch of rebound attempts before that. :facepalm Made my head hurt.

JimmyMcAdocious
09-07-2013, 06:23 PM
DAMMIT DON'T TEASE ME! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I hear it's going to be a combination of Football Manager, GTA, and Rayman Origins. Except NBA related, of course.

Shade8780
09-08-2013, 04:59 AM
Chris Smoove thoughts on NBA 2K14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zexskHmyw3w

Wavves
09-08-2013, 06:00 AM
I amn't a fanboy. I bet you're the kind of guy that sees the graphics and judges it on that. The gameplay in this game looks awesome, and is awesome from what I've heard from people who've played it. Read this:

:oldlol: You're pulling shit out of your ass now. How has the gameplay improved at all? All I see is the same cheese and same animations. :confusedshrug:

Shade8780
09-08-2013, 08:44 AM
:oldlol: You're pulling shit out of your ass now. How has the gameplay improved at all? All I see is the same cheese and same animations. :confusedshrug:

What about you read the ****ing link?

Wavves
09-08-2013, 08:57 AM

What about you read the ****ing link?

Wow man, don't get defensive just because some random dude on the internet doesn't agree with you. :oldlol:

Shade8780
09-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Wow man, don't get defensive just because some random dude on the internet doesn't agree with you. :oldlol:
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/106088/ugh-disgusted-o.gif

CanYouDigIt
09-08-2013, 11:04 AM
I have no problem with the graphics being the same, for the most part, 2K13 has good player models. I just hope the gameplay is way more smoother than 2K13. I also hope the new gamemode that is supposed to be better than CREW and MYPLAYER really delivers.

CanYouDigIt
09-13-2013, 04:06 AM
2K14 Ratings as of 9/13/13

Lebron James 99

Kevin Durant 94

Carmelo Anthony 92

Russell Westbrook 91

Paul George 88

John Wall 85

Monte Ellis 82

Roy Hibbert 81

Brook Lopez 81

Pau Gasol 81

Victor Oladipo 76

Anthony Bennett 76

Evan Turner 76

Jared Dudley 73

Ben McLemore 72

Nerlens Noel 72

Cody Zeller 68

Peyton Siva 67

Chris Johnson 66

Jameerthefear
09-13-2013, 06:28 AM
Why is KD so low...

JimmyMcAdocious
09-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Why do the ratings suck in all these sports games? Do they not watch basketball at all? Looks like some of those players are rated base off solely the playoffs. :facepalm

There's no way in hell.. hm, where do I start?

For one, implying Durant is closer to Melo than he is LeBron is absurd. Why is Monta always rated so high? Hibbert=Lopez=Gasol? No. George seems a tiny bit too high as well.

God, I need to wait for some with half a brain to edit the ratings before I can start my association again.

Is He Ill
09-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Why do the ratings suck in all these sports games? Do they not watch basketball at all? Looks like some of those players are rated base off solely the playoffs. :facepalm

There's no way in hell.. hm, where do I start?

For one, implying Durant is closer to Melo than he is LeBron is absurd. Why is Monta always rated so high? Hibbert=Lopez=Gasol? No. George seems a tiny bit too high as well.

God, I need to wait for some with half a brain to edit the ratings before I can start my association again.

This, Durant should be a 96 or 97.

DirkNowitzki41
09-13-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm gonna be beastin online with Monta+Dirk. :rockon:

Shade8780
09-13-2013, 02:51 PM
16 minutes of Path To Greatness gameplay/commentary from IGN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88Cl5fci8lQ

Looks like something I'll hardly play, but could be enjoyable for someone else. I'll just be sticking with My Player, Association, Crew, MyTEAM etc. At around the 3-4 minute mark Monta does the leaning layup cheese :facepalm :banghead:

Shade8780
09-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Shake4ndBake, one of the Team-Up guys, goes absolutely HAM with the leaning layup cheese back in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFcMgHhuWDM

TylerOO
09-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Shake4ndBake, one of the Team-Up guys, goes absolutely HAM with the leaning layup cheese back in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFcMgHhuWDM

Listened to first five seconds and turned it off. Voice is too annoying :lol

Shade8780
09-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Wowww this is some bullshit bitch move by 2K :facepalm Crews, AKA Blacktop 5V5

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/crews-in-nba-2k14/10151606740432267

[QUOTE]Hey everyone, Chris Manning (Community Manager for 2K Sports) here.

One of our most exciting announcements this year was the return of Crews for current gen (PS3 and 360). Fans have been clamoring for information since the announcement and I had an opportunity to catch up with the dev. team to get some scoop for you guys.

First off, Crews has seen some changes since its last appearance in NBA 2K11 but the focus of BALANCE this time around was a major emphasis. This year, in NBA 2K14, the gameplay is both smooth and the team did a phenomenal job of improving defense in every way.

You can take your MyPLAYER through his career, build him up in the MyCAREER mode, and prep him for online battles. Your gameday attire will be reflected on your MyPLAYER during matches. Games can be either 3v3 on half-court, or 5v5 on full-court. These will be played on a blacktop court to reflect the pick-up game style of basketball. The games will be to 21. This allows us to focus on the sport of basketball in a unique way leveraging the street-style basketball in a competitive way.

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/1231302_10153268133865305_819075533_n.jpg

This year, you can claim your Crew

JimmyMcAdocious
09-13-2013, 06:50 PM
If it plays like the blacktop 3v3 online shit from last year... :facepalm

outbreak
09-19-2013, 01:38 AM
I'm usually really pumped for the new 2k's but this edition looks like it isn't improving anything, my girlfriend always makes fun of me getting excited for 2k saying it's the same game just with new teams, this edition looks like it is actually that. I'll still buy it of course and I'll still love it, but I'm lacking enthusiasm.

jaydacris
09-26-2013, 05:08 AM
reviews are coming in for the game

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/26/nba-2k14-review?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Scholar
09-26-2013, 06:46 AM
reviews are coming in for the game

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/26/nba-2k14-review?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

The thing that bothered me about that review is that the writer kept saying, "2K12's Jordan mode." Wasn't the Jordan Challenge in 2K11?

Shade8780
09-26-2013, 07:43 AM
The best place for sports games reviews is forums like Operation Sports. Most guys at IGN and other sites are geeks who have no interest in sports.

Shade8780
09-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Just figured out there's gonna be a

Heavincent
09-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Next gen news on Monday.

ihoopallday
09-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Im skipping current gen, gonna wait till Christmas so I get it with my PS4.

Same here.

Shade8780
09-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Same here.
I've changed my mind, gonna buy it for PS3 and then do the

Scholar
09-29-2013, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=Shade8780]Just figured out there's gonna be a

ukballer
09-30-2013, 02:55 AM
[QUOTE=Shade8780]Just figured out there's gonna be a

Heavincent
09-30-2013, 03:48 PM
Next gen trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM2lZERh5Ls

:eek:

CeltsGarlic
09-30-2013, 04:10 PM
That is freaking special.. :O

Al Thornton
09-30-2013, 04:11 PM
wow look at those pretty faces

Heavincent
09-30-2013, 04:17 PM
http://abload.de/img/harden5hje8.gif

ukballer
09-30-2013, 04:21 PM
That is exactly why I'm waiting for the new-gen consoles. :D

Shade8780
09-30-2013, 04:33 PM
*goes in the corner and sits there until Christmas when I get PS4*

Nah but seriously, that shit is amazing :bowdown:

Johnny Jones
09-30-2013, 04:34 PM
http://abload.de/img/davis2ykjgm.gif

CanYouDigIt
09-30-2013, 07:15 PM
I hate that I'm not rich enough for a PS4 and 2K14. Ah well. :confusedshrug:

I'll wait until 2K15 comes out, hopefully it isn't 2K13 v3.

AirTupac
09-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Just got my copy, its meh. But I barely touched the game yet so hopefully it'll be something good when I get into it more.

GOBB
09-30-2013, 10:17 PM
Just got my copy, its meh. But I barely touched the game yet so hopefully it'll be something good when I get into it more.

Can you do me a favor please and go to Crew mode. Let me know how it is 5 v 5. Is it BS like blacktop on 2k13 (hitting BS shots). Thanks. Crew mode and how it is will determine if I buy.

TheWINdyCity
09-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Can you do me a favor please and go to Crew mode. Let me know how it is 5 v 5. Is it BS like blacktop on 2k13 (hitting BS shots). Thanks. Crew mode and how it is will determine if I buy.

if you do 5v5 u need 5 players, also its not quarters its first to 21 and its on blacktop no arenas.. if you ask me it's not worth it..

Maniak
09-30-2013, 11:17 PM
forgot about this game. didnt even know it came out. def. not getting it this year

GOBB
09-30-2013, 11:27 PM
if you do 5v5 u need 5 players, also its not quarters its first to 21 and its on blacktop no arenas.. if you ask me it's not worth it..

Damn so corny. :banghead:

Any idea on gameplay? I hope its more realistic than blacktop. Guys were shooting Kobe fadeaways from same spot behind 3pt arc. All net. Hand in face didnt matter.

Thanks for input. Why cant they do 4 quarters and refs man

AirTupac
10-01-2013, 12:16 AM

I would but I'm really busy these next couple days. I think the poster above is right. Its not the same concept of crew as 2k11 which is beyond stupid since that was a gold mine.

GOBB
10-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Its cool I ended up getting the game for $50. Playing it now. They changed the controls. Hate when games do this. I have wide open shots and cant shoot because I'm holding left trigger. LT is now used to pass. :facepalm

CanYouDigIt
10-01-2013, 05:35 AM
Its cool I ended up getting the game for $50. Playing it now. They changed the controls. Hate when games do this. I have wide open shots and cant shoot because I'm holding left trigger. LT is now used to pass. :facepalm
Is 2K14 worth the $50-$60? I pretty much want a decent impression of the game before I think about getting it.

GOBB
10-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Is 2K14 worth the $50-$60? I pretty much want a decent impression of the game before I think about getting it.

Only difference I can tell with gameplay is the controls are changed...again

Plays like 2k13 to me. I got it because a couple buddies got it to play Crew mode. By the way as I type? Servers are down. :facepalm

All I've done is blacktop (plays the same), team up and started My Player.

Mr Exlax
10-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Only difference I can tell with gameplay is the controls are changed...again

Plays like 2k13 to me. I got it because a couple buddies got it to play Crew mode. By the way as I type? Servers are down. :facepalm

All I've done is blacktop (plays the same), team up and started My Player.

I had it on Friday. You're spot on. The only thing I don't like is that they changed the controls....again.

TheReal Kendall
10-01-2013, 05:26 PM
So is it work $65 or wait til Black Friday?

Can you block shots now in Blacktop and in the game?

DirkNowitzki41
10-01-2013, 05:34 PM
The game is good. The defense and spacing is awesome, but the new controls are such a pain

JimmyMcAdocious
10-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Did they make improvements in My Player?

Al Thornton
10-01-2013, 05:58 PM
i don't get why they changed the controls, i thought 2k13 was perfect.

kNicKz
10-01-2013, 09:39 PM
I don't like the new controls

This is 2k13 with different controls and Euroleague. They clearly didn't care about this release and are using their resources on PS4/One. Just download new rosters on 2k13 and you're good. No new classic teams either

Heavincent
10-01-2013, 09:42 PM
From what I've seen on youtube, the defense and contact animations look to be much improved. Still gonna wait for the PS4 version though.

$LakerGold
10-01-2013, 10:08 PM
I always have my controls settings to default old 2k setup. I'm really used to it.

Scholar
10-01-2013, 11:21 PM
It seems like more people have been complaining about 2K14 than those praising it. Now I think my premature decision to either buy the game next year after a price drop or to just skip it altogether was actually great.

TheReal Kendall
10-01-2013, 11:37 PM
It seems like more people have been complaining about 2K14 than those praising it. Now I think my premature decision to either buy the game next year after a price drop or to just skip it altogether was actually great.

Yup!

I was just thinking bout getting it tomorrow but I'm gonna wait til Black Friday and get it for the $30.

I'm not gonna get the next gen til a year after they come out.

GOBB
10-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Yes you can block shots in team up, my player, exhibition, blacktop. The shot blocking is better than 2k13. So they improved it. I've seen dunks blocked, layups from behind. Layups in front of someone which we all know drove people nuts on 2k13 when that happened.

But again this game is 2k13. They changed some buttons around too. Like calling for screens, pick n rolls changed. I'll have to go thru training camp mode to see how the on ball defense is. Before you could get close to a defender and hold LT. Not anymore. You can deflect passes better.

I just played Crew mode and its 3 vs 3 halfcourt or 5 vs 5 fullcourt. And you need 5. That is wack. I was stuck with 4 crew members and one had to sit out. Didnt have a 5th. And 3 vs 3 halfcourt is the same game. Same court. Same background. The difference is the players make sounds. They talk.

Wait til black friday fellas. This is not a game you must have.

DirkNowitzki41
10-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Is it possible to use 2k13 controls?

seriously. the controls suck, im trying to drive in with ellis and I throw a behind the back pass 60 feet behind to no one. :mad:

ukballer
10-02-2013, 02:48 AM

Not getting a new console? That's why I'm 'skipping' the current game for the new-gen one coming out next month.

TOLATE
10-02-2013, 12:15 PM
its way better than 2k13!

7_cody
10-02-2013, 01:55 PM
It's basically NBA 2k13 with a patch that improves defense, spacing, increased collissions and some other tweaks that balances the game out

So while definitely a better game, anyone not buying it isn't really missing anything - for someone like me though, I would pay the $60 just for the improved blocking capabilities

But yeah, it feels like I am playing NBA 2k13, since it is NBA 2k13 and I get bored of it quick since I have been NBA 2k13 for over a year

G-train
10-02-2013, 07:23 PM
It's basically NBA 2k13 with a patch that improves defense, spacing, increased collissions and some other tweaks that balances the game out

So while definitely a better game, anyone not buying it isn't really missing anything - for someone like me though, I would pay the $60 just for the improved blocking capabilities

But yeah, it feels like I am playing NBA 2k13, since it is NBA 2k13 and I get bored of it quick since I have been NBA 2k13 for over a year

So the graphics aren't better? I find that hard to believe.

Heavincent
10-02-2013, 07:38 PM

Why? It's running on 2005 hardware.

7_cody
10-02-2013, 08:21 PM

If they are then I haven't noticed, like maybe more detail on faces or something. I am pretty sure that all they did was patch a few things, changed a couple jump shots, implement the blocking system, better spacing, you can drive and kick now which is cool (haven't done this yet, but I read that you can), so some gameplay changes, but the exact same graphics and game as far as I can tell

Honestly, I would have been cool if they didn't release an NBA 2k14 for Xbox 360. I would have preferred that every ounce of time was spent on the next gen version, but that's just me, and since they did make a current gen version, I had to buy it

kNicKz
10-02-2013, 09:55 PM
The lebron path to greatness mode is pretty fun. I'm on the Allen Iverson comeback game right now

G-train
10-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Why? It's running on 2005 hardware.

So 2k6 has same graphics as 2k12?
Exactly.

$LakerGold
10-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Chris Paul doesn't look like Chris Paul anymore. 2k13 looked like Chris Paul.

7_cody
10-03-2013, 01:02 PM
The changes are mostly small, but the small changes really make a huge difference

Two things that I love, one, you can actually block shots now. Also, I love that if you drive to the basket you can draw fouls now. I took like 14 free-throw shots in my sixth game or something on My Career mode.

Also, does anyone have any tips on getting past your defender? In 2k13 you could just kind of triple threat, jab stab a few times and then blow by. Doesn't seem like you can do that anymore. What I have noticed is that you have to wait until your defender is out of position, if he is even slightly to the side then you can blow by. I have gotten cross overs and other ballhandling moves to work in order to move my defender so that I can blow by, but it is hard as frick to do. I have probably dunked it only 3 times in like 13 games with good dunk and athletic ratings. Has anyone found anything that works?

Rake2204
10-03-2013, 02:19 PM
So the graphics aren't better? I find that hard to believe.From all I've seen, there really doesn't seem to be a significant graphical improvement. Some faces have been altered (LeBron James' headband is now higher) but for the most part, I think most of 2K's graphical talent moved on to the next generation. Even the presentation and overlays are more similar to its previous iteration than any other year. The gold plating has been removed (and some random shields and chains) but everything else is pretty much the same in that regard - replays, wipes, overlays, halftime show, etc.

I'm usually a day one 2K purchase guy but aside from a few of the gameplay tweaks, I'm a little underwhelmed this year. Before August, I was actually expecting to get one more solid concentrated current gen year out of 2K. I thought focus wouldn't be so diverted until 2K15. Alas, I seem to have been incorrect.

GOBB
10-03-2013, 08:53 PM
At least they stopped the vc glitches. But people buy them anyway which irks me. Not so much people spend money but 2k makes money. But whatever

TheReal Kendall
10-03-2013, 09:30 PM
At least they stopped the vc glitches. But people buy them anyway which irks me. Not so much people spend money but 2k makes money. But whatever

I wish they didn't let people buy VC.

It would make blacktop better if everyone was on the same level and it would force people to play the career mode.

It's kinda lame cause you get VC from just playing the game.

ALBballer
10-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Played it a bit yesterday and the game is more realistic. Can't just run around double teams, shooting is much harder and post offense is much more difficult.

Go Getter
10-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Are the servers up yet?

DirkNowitzki41
10-04-2013, 01:30 AM
I'm starting to get use to the controls, and damn, the game is awesome.

Go Getter
10-04-2013, 02:39 AM
I'm starting to get use to the controls, and damn, the game is awesome.
how do u jump stop?

CeltsGarlic
10-04-2013, 08:45 AM
how do u jump stop?

X two times

Shade8780
10-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Came home from school and 2K14 was on the kitchen table, and guess what? There's a

Shade8780
10-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Let's make a 2K14 Crew on PS3. Anyone up to join?

Bcogswell
10-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Let's make a 2K14 Crew on PS3. Anyone up to join?

I'll probably be up for that

Shade8780
10-04-2013, 03:07 PM
I'll probably be up for that
:bowdown:

TheReal Kendall
10-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Just got the game today, haven't played it yet though.

Can you have multiple Myplayers like on 2k13?

El Kabong
10-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Does it still have the MyCareer part and is it improved much from last year? That's normally the mode I play the most.

Shade8780
10-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Does it still have the MyCareer part and is it improved much from last year? That's normally the mode I play the most.
The mode hasn't really improved on anything much, but the gameplay changes could warrant a purchase. Loving this game right now.

Shade8780
10-05-2013, 05:48 PM
http://nba2k4life.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/nba-2k14-next-gen-vs-current-gen.png

Jameerthefear
10-05-2013, 06:00 PM
so basically the same damn game?

Shade8780
10-05-2013, 06:09 PM
so basically the same damn game?
Nah, much better than 2K13. Gameplay is really nice. Except if you're getting next-gen at release in November, I recommend you to wait till then. I'm waiting till Christmas but luckily I got a €14 upgrade to PS4 for 2K14 :D

Jameerthefear
10-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Nah, much better than 2K13. Gameplay is really nice. Except if you're getting next-gen at release in November, I recommend you to wait till then. I'm waiting till Christmas but luckily I got a €14 upgrade to PS4 for 2K14 :D
i'll just buy on black friday when its 27. i'm not getting a next gen for a while since my family is poor as hell

Shade8780
10-05-2013, 06:17 PM
i'll just buy on black friday when its 27. i'm not getting a next gen for a while since my family is poor as hell
lol my parents just figured out that you need a hdtv for next gen. i have a hdtv but out in the living room. now my dad might be having second thoughts, im 85% sure though ill be getting the ps4 though.

Shade8780
10-05-2013, 06:18 PM
you could always save up yourself though?

Jameerthefear
10-05-2013, 07:13 PM
from doing what? :lol
i gotta find a job man

Scholar
10-05-2013, 10:20 PM

No concept on how money works, huh?

Bcogswell
10-05-2013, 10:55 PM
I can't wait to get home tomorrow and start playing this, I'm jumping straight into mycareer to start.

ukballer
10-06-2013, 12:56 AM
I'm getting 2K14 for PS4 on 29th Nov (UK release for the console), but of course I couldn't wait to play, so picked up the PC version. It was only

fos
10-06-2013, 03:01 AM
I've been playing PG and it's a lot harder to blow by your guy in this one (so far). You can't seem to lower the shoulder and blow by and if you dribble in traffic you're going to lose the ball :(

Got 6 games in so far on my rookie season, averaging about 15 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, 2 spg, and 1 bpg.

Cherry Picker
10-06-2013, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=ukballer]I'm getting 2K14 for PS4 on 29th Nov (UK release for the console), but of course I couldn't wait to play, so picked up the PC version. It was only

Shade8780
10-06-2013, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=ukballer]I'm getting 2K14 for PS4 on 29th Nov (UK release for the console), but of course I couldn't wait to play, so picked up the PC version. It was only

ukballer
10-06-2013, 04:56 PM
You wanna play some games later ?

Sorry man been busy today and will be most of the week. Definitely be cool to catch you on sometime soon though.

[QUOTE=Shade8780]There's a

TheReal Kendall
10-06-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm loving the game so far.

I'm 8-0 on blacktop and my dude only like a 70 rating at the most.

Been getting some nice blocks too.

I just hate the controls :facepalm Its hard to get used to.

CarlosBoozer
10-07-2013, 08:59 AM
In my career with a scoring 6'7 shooting guard, I'm on hall of fame difficulty and my jumpshot is inconsistent as sh*t :lol I'm driving to the paint nonstop and trying to get fouled as much as possible instead. I got the lebron preorder bonus and it's useful as f*ck :bowdown:

TheReal Kendall
10-07-2013, 06:14 PM
In my career with a scoring 6'7 shooting guard, I'm on hall of fame difficulty and my jumpshot is inconsistent as sh*t :lol I'm driving to the paint nonstop and trying to get fouled as much as possible instead. I got the lebron preorder bonus and it's useful as f*ck :bowdown:

What's the Lebron bonus???

niko
10-07-2013, 07:17 PM
i jsut got it, like the controls. The stick makes more sense to me now than the shot modifier from last year.

CarlosBoozer
10-07-2013, 08:06 PM
What's the Lebron bonus???
Lebron Coast to Coast (Pre-Order Bonus Exclusive)
Takes the ball coast to coast and finishes through contact. Speed, Quickness, and Ball-Handling attributes are boosted four points and the shot penalty enforced for hitting a defender is decreased when taking the ball coast to coast on a fastbreak following a change of possession.

jaydacris
10-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Lebron Coast to Coast (Pre-Order Bonus Exclusive)
Takes the ball coast to coast and finishes through contact. Speed, Quickness, and Ball-Handling attributes are boosted four points and the shot penalty enforced for hitting a defender is decreased when taking the ball coast to coast on a fastbreak following a change of possession.

pfft. using steroids in video games

im all natural baby.

jamal99
10-08-2013, 04:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9DUD2Gpurw

Really a fail, guy is mostly known for his dunking and athleticism...

Partizan
10-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Is there enough people interested for PC association? Or maybe we could just organise a league with playoffs for top 8? ( We would keep track of game scores on the forum)

Shade8780
10-08-2013, 04:53 PM
And they have Jordan Farmar on the Euroleague team and the Lakers :oldlol:

TheReal Kendall
10-08-2013, 05:16 PM
I just bought some dunk packages for my MyPlayer but he only does one dunk ever time :facepalm

How do I do different dunks????

G-train
10-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I just bought some dunk packages for my MyPlayer but he only does one dunk ever time :facepalm

How do I do different dunks????

Did you edit the player and change his dunk preferences?

TheReal Kendall
10-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Did you edit the player and change his dunk preferences?

You talking bout assigning dunk packages in each slot?

I did that and he only do the reverse I bought.

I seen on youtube you gotta turn the left stick to do 360s.

sc19
10-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Too bad the game still kinda sucks. All those forced animations like getting shoved out of bounce and player stutter is annoying. :facepalm

Shade8780
10-13-2013, 03:27 PM
My opinion after a week and a bit, it's 2K13 with a few gameplay fixes and PTG. That's it. Can't wait for next-gen. That's when shit's going down....

Shade8780
10-14-2013, 02:45 PM
http://media.operationsports.com/shots/1381773388-media.jpg

ballup
10-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Anyone know the stat caps for this year's edition?

TheReal Kendall
10-14-2013, 05:35 PM
OMG! Myteam is freaking ridiculous!

What's the difficulty on in this mode?

All people do is shoot 3s.

Teams are stacked like crazy.

I just started out and my team consist of these players:

Steve Blake
Thabo Sefolosha
Earl Clarke
Marcus Morris
Robin Lopez

Bench

something Taylor:facepalm
something Gabre(don't think thats the right spelling)
D.Cunningham
Myers Leonard
Diaw
Belinili
Casspi

I'm going against dream teams and the users suck.

I lose because they're HOF players and their attributes are better than my players.

I only play this for VC.

I don't get why people like this mode.

I'm not about to pay for Gold and Silver packs, that crap is too expensive.

AirTupac
10-14-2013, 10:31 PM
OMG! Myteam is freaking ridiculous!

What's the difficulty on in this mode?

All people do is shoot 3s.

Teams are stacked like crazy.

I just started out and my team consist of these players:

Steve Blake
Thabo Sefolosha
Earl Clarke
Marcus Morris
Robin Lopez

Bench

something Taylor:facepalm
something Gabre(don't think thats the right spelling)
D.Cunningham
Myers Leonard
Diaw
Belinili
Casspi

I'm going against dream teams and the users suck.

I lose because they're HOF players and their attributes are better than my players.

I only play this for VC.

I don't get why people like this mode.

I'm not about to pay for Gold and Silver packs, that crap is too expensive.

Its cause theres a glitch for VC.

TheReal Kendall
10-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Its cause theres a glitch for VC.

Oh yea I forgot about that glitch

code green
10-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Just got the game for the PS3. Love the gameplay changes, hate, Hate, HATE the control changes though. I felt 2k13 gave you perfect control of your player. I played a couple of games and still don't know how to head fake for an up and under.

code green
10-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Is there a better team for your point guard to get traded to over Indiana? Johnny Hardaway/George/Granger/West/Hibbert? Dat lineup. :bowdown:

Shade8780
10-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Saw this trailer a few days ago on Operation Sports, surprised nobody posted it here yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJlptY6G4SQ

Still completely blown away by it. If it wasn't for this game, I probably wouldn't bother with the PS4 until next year. If you're somehow not impressed though, here's the new Live next-gen trailer :ohwell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9xaRywnnQI

Dat dislike to like ratio :roll:

JimmyMcAdocious
10-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Was going to get it but decided to wait until next gen because I don't have to time to play it now anyway.

Well I got bored waiting so I downloaded the PC version last night. Never played the PC version before, but my god the modding is insane. You can redo the rosters, physics, courts, crowds, and everything. Just a few mods and the shit already looks like next gen... Why did no one tell me about this? Tho, I can't find a cd key so no online. :(

Shade8780
10-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Was going to get it but decided to wait until next gen because I don't have to time to play it now anyway.

Well I got bored waiting so I downloaded the PC version last night. Never played the PC version before, but my god the modding is insane. You can redo the rosters, physics, courts, crowds, and everything. Just a few mods and the shit already looks like next gen... Why did no one tell me about this? Tho, I can't find a cd key so no online. :(
Lol no.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-20-2013, 06:35 PM
From the gameplay perspective? lol, yes. In replay you can see the difference in the detail, but who the hell watches through replays?

Next gen is obviously going to look better, particularly this year. Still not that far behind... And a better crowd makes a world of difference. Never thought it would.

Also the new controls are impossibly difficult to figure out for me.

ballup
10-20-2013, 07:06 PM

Because 2k treats the pc users like an unwanted step child.

code green
10-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Wow. I dropped 37 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds, 5 steals, and 5 blocks with my point guard for my first A+ game in the clinching game of the NBA Finals and the game froze during the championship trophy presentation. Played it again, got no where near that statline, still won, game froze again. What is this, like the third year and a row the same ****ing bug has been an issue? ****ing 2k. Guess I'm not beating this until we get an update.

Ai2death
10-23-2013, 09:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5twy1o46YKA

I'm curious to find out wether the next gen version will simply be a port with better graphics, or a different beast.

I've read various opinions but does anyone know anything with a little more foundation?

Heavincent
10-23-2013, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5twy1o46YKA

I'm curious to find out wether the next gen version will simply be a port with better graphics, or a different beast.

I've read various opinions but does anyone know anything with a little more foundation?

2K devs said it's not a port and is an entirely new game. It was built from the ground up for next gen.

A bunch of news actually came out today:

The first thing you need to know, NBA 2K14 is not a port. It has been built from the ground up for the new hardware with a new engine called "Eco Motion."

The game will feature much improved graphics, with additional details like leg tattoos, new celebrations, hairstyles, and facial hair.

2K will be focusing its efforts on four main pillars of gameplay: NBA Today, MyCAREER, MyTEAM, and MyGM.

NBA Today is brand new, built from the ground up. Video highlights from previous days games will be shown with the menu looking like a scoreboard w/ all games listed.

All your NBA news connected on your console updated daily. This is all driven by Dynamic Living Rosters - which is adjust daily based on how players are performing in the real world.

Points of emphasis has been added to the game, which is a feature last saw in the old College Hoops franchise. No warmup outfit for bench players, but the crowds look much better. There are now less duplicates in the crowd. FYI the gameplay clip we saw was only 4 possessions.

Little imperfections of dirt on the backboard tells you all you need to know about the attention to detail. 2K built a material library. It looks like 2K took each arena and really upgraded them.

Details shown at scorers table. A thumbprint on a monitor is shown. Redid the scoreboards in each arena and the lighting in each arena, it is a small but definitely noticeable improvement.

Now showing off the new LED dynamic lighting system. Just stunning. Scoreboard lights are dynamic and showcase reflections.

2K actually measured the color temperature of lights and count the number of lights and manufacturer of lights.

2K now showcasing Kobe Bryant getting head scanned. Kobe hung around while they built his model and his reaction was "GTFO here"

Watching Lebron face map. Asking him to make intense faces. Can’t lie the game has his and Kobe’s face down. KD’s and Iguodala face maps. Both look great. Even have KD’s bad skin.

The team captured and head scanned constantly working around NBA schedules to capture nearly every player in the NBA. Hundreds of players with thousands of expressions you will see in the game. Showcasing art of those now. This is photo realism.

2K captured nearly every player in the NBA. Parker looks great. Have Amare haircut with brown streak. Ray Allen looks great.

Gameplay

Mike Wang is on and speaking about elevating the game harnessing the tech. Primarily in physics and animations. Foot planting clips shown.

Wang is talking about Ecomotion. Foot planting. No sliding or phantom steps. Showed difference between cur and next gen. It looks great. Really no sliding. Now showing dribbling. Ball actually rotates while dribbling which is not in current gen.

Now speaking to ball handling. Eco Motion allows them to track true physics. Ball spinning when dribbling, ball in hands. Tangible object.

New animation system. Guys will have real life wingspans. New KD shoes look great.

Mike speaks about animation synthesis, Eco Motion - based on physics and situation, animations will change. With animation synthesis, animations will change based on circumstances. If KD takes a shot and D is guarding him tight, anim will change on the fly.

The game feels alive. For example, a shooter won't land the same way two times. Animation will adapt to the situation. Truly incredible stuff here.

AI

Coaches will adapt to what is happening in the game. So game plans will dynamically change based on what other teams are doing.

Rob talks about points of emphasis. Every coach will have its own ai and strategize based on how the game is going.

There are nine different options on offense and defense to strategize how to defend or attack your opponent.

Emotion Plus

Emotion Plus will categorize all the players personalities. For example, Kobe is an Alpha Dog. He wants the ball, he's fierce.

"Human emotions translate into performance. Every player has personality, highs are highs, lows are lows."

Emotion plus is a new feature. Each player has a personality. Personality and game events can affect how a plot performs.

MyGM

My GM is new franchise mode. Lots of RPG elements are in the next-gen game.

MyGM is a cerebral experience. Every decision changes the world around you. GM has attributes and special abilities.

MyGM includes conversations. You have to asses the emotional intelligence of the person you're talking too.

You will get fired from the owner of you don't maintain harmony in your organization, locker room and fan base. Revolutionizes what franchise mode is.

This is the complete evolution of association mode. Decisions and reactions is what this mode is all about.

"We have built a completely new experience for franchise players. All your day to day experiences have no right or wrong answers."

MyPLAYER, MyCAREER

Complete cut scenes in MyCAREER. Team captured hundreds and hundreds of scenes. A rival, agent, buddies and a compete cast of characters.

This mode "will leave you asking, "what will happen next?" Building relationships, making deals, etc..

Over 40 hours of gameplay in your first year alone.

"captured 1000s of cut scenes w actors & whole life of player. Every experience of being NBA player. All you want to see is next path"

When you're not balling in MyCAREER, you can hang out with hundreds of MyPlayers in the Park.

Open field of courts shown with hundreds of MyPlayers playing. Quite a tease.

Jeff: "When MyPlayer isn't balling, he likes to hang with 100 of his friends at The Park."

That was the conclusion of the presentation from 2K. We will have hands-on experiences from the event very soon!

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1717/nba-2k14-next-gen-details-on-gameplay-ai-new-modes-and-more/

PistonsFan#21
10-23-2013, 10:58 PM
FiFA 2k14

http://i.imgur.com/BIwMnsG.gif

Rose
10-23-2013, 11:16 PM
2K devs said it's not a port and is an entirely new game. It was built from the ground up for next gen.

A bunch of news actually came out today:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1717/nba-2k14-next-gen-details-on-gameplay-ai-new-modes-and-more/
Almost certainly gonna pick this up now that the association mode has been overhauled into myGM.:bowdown:

JimmyMcAdocious
10-23-2013, 11:37 PM
Next gen upgrades sound insane. Probably as good as it sounds, since the current gen is basically 2k13 with new rosters, the pro stick, and that ridiculously awful LeBron mode. Slightly improved physics as well. They obviously didn't spend much time at all on it.

Need to play more, but that pro stick is kicking my ass. I keep hitting the left trigger which is apparently nullifying what I want to do or something... Always shooting when I want to pass, passing when I want to shoot, and for the life of me I can't drive using the pro stick. How do you attack the basket in traffic? Every time I get a lane and use the pro stick, for some reason I keep passing the ball. I need to do the tutorial again and maybe play some 1v1.

Also blocking is way too easy now. Last few games it was impossible to block a layup or dunk without that glitched looking animation (like the guy happening to jump into a layup and it hits a marker to deflect the ball. dunks = impossible). Well now I block everything with my 2 games in, balanced, 6-6 SG, My Player. Dunks, layups, chase down, at the rim. Either my timing is impeccable or they the blocking difficulty went on the other side of the spectrum. Probably the latter.

Rake2204
10-24-2013, 12:08 AM
GameSpot has posted a short 2K14 next-gen gameplay clip (starting with Warriors/Heat). It seems to have a lot in common with current gen upon first glance. Of course, it's tough to say with such a short glimpse. http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-next-generation-of-basketball-is-a-lot-like-th/2300-6415722/

Burgz V2
10-24-2013, 01:00 AM
a run down of the tweets from nba-live.com (mod site, have a couple people on the next-gen developer team) from the press event today

They will be seeing and playing the game.

According to 2k this game is not a port. Built a whole new engine. It’s called Ecomotion. Says the game is more alive than ever b4. Built specifically for next gen.

Leg tattoos are in the game. Highlight clip playing. Game looks incredible. New celebrations shown.

More detailed my player. More hairstyles and facial hair.

brand new landing page and menu. 4 main pillars nba today, my career, my gm and my team.

nba today is brand new. Video highlights from previous days games. Menu looks like a scoreboard w/ all games listed.

new loading screened. New game intro but has some similar elements to current gen.
new starting lineup overlay. Gsw versus the heat.
Points of emphasis added to the game. Old NCAA2k feature.
No warmup outfit for bench players. Crowd much improved.
game looks great. Most of the details look better especially the players. Wasn’t crazy about Curry’s face though.
talking graphics now. Details are crazy. Even the rim has scuffs. Looks like 2k took each arena and really upgraded them.
2k claims the arenas were redone. Looks great up close. Skeptical about whether these details will matter when playing the game.
Redid the scoreboards in each arena and the lighting in each arena. Def noticeable.
less duplicates in the crowd. FYI the gameplay clip we saw was only 4 possessions.

face mapped Kobe Bryant. KB helped with his player model. He loved the model.
#NBA2K14 watching Lebron face map. Asking him to make intense faces. Can’t lie the game has his and Kobe’s face down.
KD’s and Iguodala face maps. Both look great. Even have Kd’s bad skin. 2nd look at curry. Not as bad as I thought originally.

looks great. Really no sliding. Now showing dribbling. Ball actually rotates while dribbling. Not in current gen.

(switching to LD2K) & mixing is ahol
The detail of MyPlayer customization gives you a unique look this year. The selected MyPlayer looks awfully familiar... Hmmmm...
Daily zap allows for stats, highlights from a real video. All your NBA news connected on your console updated DAILY.
This is all driven by Dynamic Living Roster - which is adjust daily based on how players are performing in the real world.
Level of detail showcased in clip with arena angles, behind backboards, cameramen, cords. mics etc. Level of detail is stunning.
Little imperfections of dirt on the backboard tells you all you need to know about the attention to detail. They built a material library.
Details shown at scorers table. A thumbprint on a monitor is shown. Level of detail that went into next-gen
Now showing off the new LED dynamic lighting system. Just stunning. Scoreboard lights are dynamic and showcase reflections.
They actually measure the color temperature of lights and count the number of lights and manufacturer of lights. Getting the lighting right.
The team captured and head scanned constantly working around NBA schedules to capture nearly every player in the NBA.
This is photo realism.

Speaks about elevating the game harnessing the tech. Primarily in physics and animations. Foot planting clips shown.
This "feels completely different" than any other 2K game has felt before. Physics of movement completely lifelike.

Now speaking to ball handling. Eco Motion allows them to track true physics. Ball spinning when dribbling, ball in hands. Tangible object.
new animation system. Guys will have real life wingspans. New KD shoes look great.
Now speaking to the new animation system. Smooth transitional blends between moves, real life wing spans that affect gameplay.
animation synthesis. Animation will change based on circumstances. If KD takes a shot and D is guarding him tight, anim will change
The game feels alive. For example, a shooter won't land the same way two times. Animation will adapt to the situation. Truly incredible

Coach will adapt to what is happening in the game. So game plans will dynamically change based on what other teams are doing.
Every coach will have its own ai and strategize based on how the game is going
9 different options on o and d to strategize how to defend or attack ur opponent.
Showcasing how A.I adapts to your play. A "Human dynamic change" that coaches will implement. Only on next gen is this possible.
clip shows different defensive formations based on POE. Looks good in motion.

Emotion Plus allows emotions to translate into performance. How this will affect players.
Emotion Plus will categorize all the players personalities. Kobe is an Alpha Dog. He wants the ball, he's fierce
That emotion he has allows him to harness that high level of play and it is showcased in the game. Players will show emotion - high and low

MyGM now (adding in Czar Tweets as needed)
Your MyPlayer becomes GM. Has unique attributes on how you react with owners, players and the world around you.
engine remembers everything you say and do and will remind you
your success in this mide depends on managing the Emotional intelligence of players around you
have discussions with individual players.
In MyGM includes conversations. You have to asses the emotional intelligence of the person you're talking too.
You will get fired from the owner of you don't maintain harmony in org., locker room and fan base. Revolutionizes what franchise mode is.
Sim gave example of cousins wanting trade after 5 losses and The gm was fired at the end of the season.
This is the complete evolution of association mode. Decisions and reactions is what this mode is all about. [replaces Assocaition Mode]
Hot dog prices etc.
I’m bummed because it appears that multi user association may be gone.
@leftosa So happy that the news about MyGM are now out. This is the most exciting thing for me,worked on it so much along with my amazing colleagues. To think that this amazing mode is merely the first iteration of our vision... Can't stop playing and tuning at work. It's just ...amazing.

One last thing, a completely new take on our most played mode. MyCAREER mode. Cinematic opening is showcased.
Bow showing my career. Seems to be story driven.
"This is my story and I ain't gonna let nobody write but me." More cinematicas shown. A completely NEW experience for MyCAREER.
graphics look great in my player. Rookie showcase is still the way you are drafted. #NBA2K14
New cutscenes and characters in my player. Really looks good.
#NBA2K14 49 hrs of gameplay in first year of my career. Cutscenes look great.
Complete cut scenes in MyCAREER. Team captured hundreds and hundreds of scenes. A rival, agent, buddies and a compete cast of characters.
This mode "will leave you asking, "what will happen next?" Building relationships, making deals, making choosing.
They are trying to engage you into the mode and immerse you. Some who create their own story may not like as much. But looks cool
The scenes are well done you decide how to answer in some of them. Does add to the story
Little noise talking between your my player and the guy your playing against.
#NBA2K14 can’t lie. My player looks incredible. I may play a lot more of that this year.
Cut scenes of MyPlayer and rival jawing at each other before rookie showcase. The rival and MyPlayer do NOT like each other to say the least
After that scens you can answer teach him a lesson or I'm cool. the voice obers are well done like GTA.
Interactive story mode is what he called it. 40 hours of stuff in year 1 alone.

Alright. Presentation is winding down. I’ll be tweeting less as I get to play the game.
Wait one more thing coming... When you're not balling in MyCAREER, you can hang out with hundreds of MyPlayers in the Park.
Open field of courts shown with hundreds of MyPlayers playing. Quite a tease... Hmmmm... Conclusion of the presentation.
WHAT
ah snap you can hang out with up 100 of your my player friends at what they call te park!
WHAT
#NBA2K14 possible new online mode called the park. Looks like crew but I will need more information.

We'll be taking much more about our game in the coming weeks. It's safe to say this
Presentation is over. Now eeryone here can be scanned into the game as a my player and hands on. But no video. also interviews.
I am watching gameplay. was scanned in earlier so yall can play as Czar as a my player

Park Mode????? stop the madness. RIP NBA LIVE.