PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Rodman is right if LeBron played in the '90s...

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2013, 11:56 AM
he'd be just an average player. Rodman said that in an interview and I have to agree with him. LeBron looks incredible right now. But put him in the '90s and he'd be average. If you took players like prime Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill from the mid '90s and put them in the league today they'd be putting up numbers like LeBron. Especially Penny. He could score and pass just like LeBron. Pippen would be destroying LeBron if they played in the '90s.

dh144498
06-07-2013, 11:57 AM
he'd be just an average player. Rodman said that in an interview and I have to agree with him. LeBron looks incredible right now. But put him in the '90s and he'd be average. If you took players like prime Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill from the mid '90s and put them in the league today they'd be putting up numbers like LeBron. Especially Penny. He could score and pass just like LeBron. Pippen would be destroying LeBron if they played in the '90s.

would rep if possible.
:applause: :applause:

p.s. you are going get flamed for this. :oldlol:

lebeast666
06-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Good one.

oh the horror
06-07-2013, 11:58 AM
He'd be far from "average". Wtf?

But I don't see him just putting up monster stats like he does now.

ReturnofJPR
06-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Guys like Chuck Oakley would chew him up and spit him for breakfast!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/207/684/charles-oakley-calls-charles-barkley-an-asshole-22794677_display_image.jpg?1314104627

LeBron would be fainting on the court if the above happened to him.

That's 90's basketball. That's Jordan, Ewing's, Miller's, Stockton's, and Malone's era.

Could you imagine LeBron going up against PF's from the 90's like Charles Barkley or Karl Malone? LOL

http://cdn.blackenterprise.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2011/06/Karl-Malone-620x480.jpg

GAME OVA!!!

nightprowler10
There's already a thread on this....

ConanRulesNBC
If you put prime Pippen in the game last night instead of LeBron... they'd be up 1-0.

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2013, 12:01 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/207/684/charles-oakley-calls-charles-barkley-an-asshole-22794677_display_image.jpg?1314104627

It's already known that LeBron can't handle physical contact. And there's barely any of that today. Put him in there with the '80s Pistons or the '90s Knicks, Bulls, Pacers and he'd be getting f*cked up.

ReturnofJPR
06-07-2013, 12:04 PM
It's already known that LeBron can't handle physical contact. And there's barely any of that today. Put him in there with the '80s Pistons or the '90s Knicks, Bulls, Pacers and he'd be getting f*cked up.

Absolutely.

See, the cHEAT are actors. They're not basketball players...

9erempiree
06-07-2013, 12:05 PM

Going back to my point....Lebron is an Era specific player.

Spaulding
06-07-2013, 12:06 PM
More Bulls fans mad and a troll response.

Nothing to see here.

Cannot say Rodman is right, no one really knows how a player could player in either era. We can only assume...

Watching Open Court, Steve Kerr (i think it was him) had a good point. A player is great in their era, put them in another era and they will find a way to be great there too.

ReturnofJPR
06-07-2013, 12:07 PM
More Bulls fans mad and a troll response.

Nothing to see here.

Cannot say Rodman is right, no one really knows how a player could player in either era. We can only assume...

Watching Open Court, Steve Kerr (i think it was him) had a good point. A player is great in their era, put them in another era and they will find a way to be great there too.

I'm a Bulls fan and I'm the opposite of mad. It's a great time to be a fan of basketball. :pimp:

aj1987
06-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Chicago fans still salty that Lebron didn't sign with them. All they have is a mental midget in Rose.

Teanett
06-07-2013, 12:09 PM
dennis also said bird was overrated.
:confusedshrug:

ReturnofJPR
06-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Chicago fans still salty that Lebron didn't sign with them. All they have is a mental midget in Rose.

Speaking of mental midgets, how many more times in LeBum going to pass up shots in the waning moments of a game? :lol

Just like he did against Dirk's Mavs.

Kingwillball
06-07-2013, 12:12 PM

Troll Alert, Troll Alert !!

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2013, 12:13 PM

You can't be f*cking serious with that. LeBron has the mentality of a spoiled 10 year old child. You can't seriously call anyone a "mental midget" compared to LeBron. :facepalm

aj1987
06-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Speaking of mental midgets, how many more times in LeBum going to pass up shots in the waning moments of a game? :lol

Just like he did against Dirk's Mavs.
Salty! :roll: I'm not a fan of Lebron, but I do recognize greatness when I see it.

BTW, finding the open man for a better shot at the end shows his IQ and the confidence that he has in his teammates, instead of taking it over 2-3 defenders by himself.

You can't be f*cking serious with that. LeBron has the mentality of a spoiled 10 year old child. You can't seriously call anyone a "mental midget" compared to LeBron.

4 MVP's, 1 Ring, and 1 FMVP at 28 years.
Stay salty, Chicago fans.

Kingwillball
06-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Going back to my point....Lebron is an Era specific player.

Yes the Era of Peach Baskets to right now..

Remix
06-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Salty! :roll: I'm not a fan of Lebron, but I do recognize greatness when I see it.

BTW, finding the open man for a better shot at the end shows his IQ and the confidence that he has in his teammates, instead of taking it over 2-3 defenders by himself.

4 MVP's, 1 Ring, and 1 FMVP at 28 years.
Stay salty, Chicago fans.
yeah very high IQ play passing it to bosh for a 3 when he was driving on td who had 5 fouls, gtfo here with that sht :roll:

ReturnofJPR
06-07-2013, 12:20 PM
The only way Heat bandwagoners, like the ones in this thread, can rationalize the truth in this thread started by the OP, is that the team he roots for must have some kind of agenda against LeBron. Bottomline, is LeBron is not an All Time Great. He has been in the league a decade playing major minutes for most of his career. LeBron's 29 years old soon..that's like 33 years old given that he never went to college (and it shows) and has been logging huge minutes since day 1.

The guy is about to be 1 for 4 in the NBA Finals. And his only ring has an *.

And if you really want to talk about LeBron...he's a true mental midget. He's too scared to walk in MJ's shoes...too scared to play in MJ's house. That's why he had to leave his hometown team with 2 other MAX players in order to get an * ring.

aj1987
yeah very high IQ play passing it to bosh for a 3 when he was driving on td who had 5 fouls, gtfo here with that sht :roll:
Wasn't Bosh wide open? :facepalm At you idiots who love hero ball over team ball.

Sumter15

I hate to quote a thread from SilkktheShocker, but the GOAT disagrees.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290693

aj1987
06-07-2013, 12:22 PM

Ether! Also Nash and Malone picked Lebron in their starting 5. Pippen and Mourning consider Lebron to be better than Jordan.

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2013, 12:22 PM

Jordan is GOAT at playing. Horrible at picking talent and coaching and managing a team. I'll agree with him about Dirk, Duncan and Kobe. Because they played when the league was still sort of tough in the late '90s/early '00s.

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Ether! Also Nash and Malone picked Lebron in their starting 5. Pippen and Mourning consider Lebron to be better than Jordan.

Malone is just still upset that Jordan beat him twice in the finals. He doesn't like Jordan obviously. Mourning works for the Heat. What do you think he's going to say? Pippen never really said LeBron is greater than Jordan. Just that he thought LeBron has all the physical talent to be as good as Jordan. And he's right. LeBron is truly gifted. I'm not arguing that point at all. But he's SOFT. He's weak mentally and can't handle physical contact at all.

aj1987
06-07-2013, 12:28 PM
But he's SOFT. He's weak mentally and can't handle physical contact at all.
Stop being a hater and watch the games. Lebron complains like a little bitch, but he's one of the best, EVER, at finishing after contact. Let it be normal fouls or hard fouls. Dude is a beast.

You talk as if Rodman has a sound mind.

Der Zed
06-07-2013, 12:28 PM
all of the above aside: while all of these offsetting super-battles were being waged what would be stopping Luc Longley from making a series of uncontested layups all day long?

branslowski
06-07-2013, 12:29 PM
:facepalm So in this super power era, Reggie Miller and Dominique Wilkins can muscle and score, but LeBron can't?.....yawl got it...I digress...continue on...

Zedja
06-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Wasn't Bosh wide open? :facepalm At you idiots who love hero ball over team ball.
Why the **** would you pass it to ****ing Bosh for three? He doesn't belong out there in the first place!

ReturnofJPR
06-07-2013, 12:31 PM
:facepalm So in this super power era, Reggie Miller and Dominique Wilkins can muscle and score, but LeBron can't?.....yawl got it...I digress...continue on...

Hahahaha

Like LeBron has half the heart or fortitude Nique or Reggie did.

Youngins' nowadays don't have the slightest idea how soft today's players are. Especially, guys like Melo and Bron.

aj1987
06-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Why the **** would you pass it to ****ing Bosh for three? He doesn't belong out there in the first place!
Beause he was OPEN. Blame Spo for playing Bosh at the 3 point line instead of playing him in the paint.

Hahahaha

Youngins' nowadays don't have the slightest idea how soft today's players are. Especially, guys like Melo and Bron.

How old are you? 12?

branslowski
06-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Hahahaha

Is you trolling? Or are you dead ass serious with those comments?

edrick
06-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Mods sure do delete a lot of random posts. lol

You need to screen your mods better, Jeff.

ReturnofJPR
06-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Beause he was OPEN. Blame Spo for playing Bosh at the 3 point line instead of playing him in the paint.

How old are you? 12?

Ohhhhh! Good comeback!

This thread was going well until cHEAT bandwagoners showed up catching hurt feelings.

Just face it, Bron will never be Top 10. He's an actress in denial.

12 years old? I've been posting on Inside Hoops for 12 years. Show respect son!

Typical:

Apr 2013

I love sitting back with my feet up, a nice cool drink, and just enjoying the HEAT fail while the bandwagoners prepare to switch teams once again...

branslowski
06-07-2013, 12:47 PM
So Latrell Sprewell (how ever u spell this n!gga name) can have tons of 35+ pt games in 92 or 93...He can score 40pts against the 93 Knicks team, but LeBron can't? Kobe can't? Melo can't?....Really? I think I'm being trolled.

Kingwillball
06-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Ohhhhh! Good comeback!

This thread was going well until cHEAT bandwagoners showed up catching hurt feelings.

Typical:

Apr 2013

I love sitting back with my feet up, a nice cool drink, and just enjoying the HEAT fail while the bandwagoners prepare to switch teams once again...

You may have been here for years as have I but people don't anybody respect on this site. Rodman is a mental midget watch him on celebrity apprentice. With that said your not showing Lebron any respect either with your posts. he is a once in a generation type player. The best INDIVIDUAL player since MJ..

ReturnofJPR
06-07-2013, 12:49 PM
You may have been here for years as have I but people don't anybody respect on this site. Rodman is a mental midget watch him on celebrity apprentice. With that said your not showing Lebron any respect either with your posts. he is a once in a generation type player. The best INDIVIDUAL player since MJ..

We all determine "Best" in different ways.

Bron was handed respect while everyone else earned it.

1 for 4 in the Finals is a major stain on Bron's shorts...we will see if that ends up occurring.

kenuffff
06-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Dennis Rodman drinks a lot.. Sorry as someone who grew up on late 80s full 90s basketball, there is no way Lebron wouldn't have been good in the 90s..he is a genetic freak.

aj1987
06-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Ohhhhh! Good comeback!

Typical:

Apr 2013

Not a single fact in any of your posts. Ultra biased baseless opinions. BTW, is Rose going to play next season or is he going to wait until he "feels right"?:roll:

kenuffff
06-07-2013, 12:51 PM

That's 90's basketball. That's Jordan, Ewing's, Miller's, Stockton's, and Malone's era.

Could you imagine LeBron going up against PF's from the 90's like Charles Barkley or Karl Malone? LOL

http://cdn.blackenterprise.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2011/06/Karl-Malone-620x480.jpg

GAME OVA!!!

You do realize he is the same size as karl malone right?

branslowski
06-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Dennis Rodman drinks a lot.. Sorry as someone who grew up on late 80s full 90s basketball, there is no way Lebron wouldn't have been good in the 90s..he is a genetic freak.

Only oldschool fan with sense.

Sprewell can drop 40 on the 93 knicks, make All-Star games n sh!t, but LeBron would be a average player in those times?:biggums:

asdf1990
06-07-2013, 12:54 PM
I swear the people in this thread were saying "welcome to the 90s" when the pacers were beating the heat and lebron pretty much had his way with them but now lebron would be a role player in the 90s lol. Bulls fans are stay mad at your irrelevance while lebron continues to dominate you in the playoffs.

ReturnofJPR
06-07-2013, 12:54 PM
There's more to a man than just his size. It's what's in his heart, his mind, his soul. Karl Malone is a warrior. Bron is a flopping princess.

aj1987
06-07-2013, 12:56 PM
There's more to a man than just his size. It's what's in his heart, his mind, his soul. Karl Malone is a warrior. Bron is a flopping princess.
At least he plays and won his team a ring. Where's Rose?

branslowski
06-07-2013, 12:56 PM

He searches for a strong pick of Malone....I can easily copy n paste Ben Wallace, Ron Artest exc... Flexing..:facepalm

kenuffff
06-07-2013, 12:57 PM
No team Jordan ever faced in the Finals were as good as these current Spurs, 2012 Thunder (with 3 superstars in Durant, Westbrook & Harden), and the 2011 Mavs with Dirk (a top 15-20 all-time great) playing out of his mind with a deep superstar cast.

Replace Jordan with LeBron on those stacked Bulls in the watered down expansion era and he wins at least just as much (most likely more since he doesn't quit half-way through the dynasty).

:biggums: Lebron just almost lost to the pacers, I think you might to recall in your mind the early 90s pistons with 3 HOFs on that team, as well as the 90s Knicks..

#number6ix#
06-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Lol @ everybody taking Dennis Rodman seriously... Dude probably was wasted

kenuffff
06-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Only oldschool fan with sense.

Sprewell can drop 40 on the 93 knicks, make All-Star games n sh!t, but LeBron would be a average player in those times?:biggums:

He is the same size as Karl Malone , better defender , can handle the ball like magic, and can shoot from anywhere on the floor. I don't think he is as good as Jordan offensively, but I think he is a better defender than Jordan or Pippen tbh.

chazzy
06-07-2013, 01:02 PM
:oldlol:

Remix
06-07-2013, 01:05 PM
yeah because attacking the rim when you have a clear mismatch in a much slower duncan who has 5 fouls is considered hero ball. hero ball is what kobe and melo do in late games. the fact is that lebron had a higher % chance of making a layup or atleast getting fouled, which would have taken timmy out of the game. which would have been extremely important as it would have cut the lead to 2, possibly sending the game to overtime. lebron didn't even kick it to bosh until he was at the ft line with a full head of steam. it wasn't a good decision, bosh shouldn't shoot 3's that late in the game.

branslowski
06-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Purvis Short can avg 28ppg 1 year in the Bird 85' era, he can drop multiple 40pt games, including a 59pt game in that era, but LeBron, Kobe, and Melo can't?....Kick rocks.:facepalm

tpols
06-07-2013, 01:06 PM
I've seen Lebron when teams get real physical on him and it usually brings his competitive spirit out more and he starts going HAM. The way he was moving in that game 7 against Indy there was no flopping he was going hard. He would adapt to the conditions and still be great.

kenuffff
06-07-2013, 01:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ2DbqFIPtk

This track is appropriate.. 90's track for you delusional/nostalgic 90s clowns. :roll:

I'm not nostalgic, I'm just realistic and have watched both eras as a fan of the game not any particular player. You're a moron if you think Jordan faced watered down competition here is a small list of the players he faced:

Larry Bird
Magic Johnson (In the finals)
Ewing
Hakeem
Robinson
Malone
Stockon
Cylde Drextler
Shaq
Parrish
McHale
Barkley(Finals)

Most every team Jordan faced in the playoffs had hall of famers if not one multiples.. Lebron is a great player, but I don't think he is facing tougher competition, if anything it is equal or less.

kenuffff
06-07-2013, 01:09 PM

Oh I'm sorry we're judging players on their pyschology now, is that why Karl Malone's warrior mentality pushed him over the bulls in back to back finals? Come on dude..be logical.

aj1987
06-07-2013, 01:24 PM
yeah because attacking the rim when you have a clear mismatch in a much slower duncan who has 5 fouls is considered hero ball. hero ball is what kobe and melo do in late games. the fact is that lebron had a higher % chance of making a layup or atleast getting fouled, which would have taken timmy out of the game. which would have been extremely important as it would have cut the lead to 2, possibly sending the game to overtime. lebron didn't even kick it to bosh until he was at the ft line with a full head of steam. it wasn't a good decision, bosh shouldn't shoot 3's that late in the game.
I get what you're saying, but he could've also been called for an offensive foul. Happened to him a couple of times in the Pacers series. Why take a risk, when you can kick it to an open shooter. Blame Spo for playing Bosh at the 3 point line. I've been saying this all along. Bosh playing there, camping at the 3 point line worked against a couple of teams, but not against a veteran Spurs team with Pop as the coach.
I always :facepalm whenever I see Bosh at the three point line, instead of playing in the paint. Needless to say, Heat games give me headaches with all the :facepalm 'ing.

aj1987
06-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Dirk> Barkley
Durant will be > Barkley

:facepalm all-around
SMH! Kids these days. Have you ever watched Barkley play?

andgar923
06-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Yes, have you? What makes him that much greater than Dirk/ Duncan/ Durant?
LOL

No you haven't stop it.

Zodiac
06-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Lebron would still be a really good basketball player but he would probably be more in the league of 18-22 PPG if he played in the 90s. We've seen how rim protectors like Hibbert and Duncan have really altered his shot and that era was full of very very very good rim protectors and then you have hand checking to account for which would have hurt Lebron's game even more.

BoutPractice
06-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Dennis Rodman thinks Kim Jong Un is a pretty cool dude.

Dolphin
06-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Why do some Bulls fans keep on trying to come off as bigger idiots than Heat bandwagoners? Fight fire with fire I guess. lol

HurricaneKid
06-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Lebron would still be a really good basketball player but he would probably be more in the league of 18-22 PPG if he played in the 90s. We've seen how rim protectors like Hibbert and Duncan have really altered his shot and that era was full of very very very good rim protectors and then you have hand checking to account for which would have hurt Lebron's game even more.

Its not rim protectors that bother LeBron. Its all the secondary defenders that come to him. AND THEY WERE ESSENTIALLY OUTLAWED in the 80s/90s. Pick a random year. Take a look at how many people in the league avg 20+ ppg. The year I chose it was 37. There are currently 11. Thats because defenses are now allowed to do a great deal more than they used to. Besides, good luck handchecking LeBron.

He would have been far better in that age. Now coaches can take the ball from his hands by assigning multiple defenders.

Zodiac
06-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Its not rim protectors that bother LeBron. Its all the secondary defenders that come to him. AND THEY WERE ESSENTIALLY OUTLAWED in the 80s/90s. Pick a random year. Take a look at how many people in the league avg 20+ ppg. The year I chose it was 37. There are currently 11. Thats because defenses are now allowed to do a great deal more than they used to. Besides, good luck handchecking LeBron.

He would have been far better in that age. Now coaches can take the ball from his hands by assigning multiple defenders.
Double teaming was not outlawed...gtfo with that

tazb
No zone defense (one of LeBron's weakness)? Hand checking allowed? LeBron would be better in the 90's than he is today.

ConanRulesNBC
At least he plays and won his team a ring. Where's Rose?

At least Rose feels confident enough that he can lead his team to a championship eventually on his own rather than go out and have to team up with two other superstar players.

Who is the mental midget there? LeBron has no guts. He'd be DESTROYED in the '90s.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-07-2013, 01:45 PM
I agree that Lebron wouldn't be as revered, but to say he'd be "average"? That is completely idiotic.

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2013, 01:48 PM
No zone defense (one of LeBron's weakness)? Hand checking allowed? LeBron would be better in the 90's than he is today.

But players back then actually knocked you down hard. That flopping LeBron does... there would be no need for it because it would actually be real and LeBron can't handle it. He complains at the slightest touch. When Patrick Ewing would knock him on his ass when he drives for a layup in the '90s he'd cry like a bitch.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Yes, have you? What makes him that much greater than Dirk/ Duncan/ Durant?

Hey, look, it's Alborz' BFF. Sup Immortaldouche24?

deja vu
:bowdown:

The truth hurts for LeGawd stans. :applause:

andgar923
I've been following the NBA since the late 80s (right when my hometown got a team). You can say you disagree, hell people disagree with players we see today. Just don't see how Barkley is a notch above any of the players I listed.. in fact, he's further below.

YOu can't see it because you don't understand basketball.

Barkley must've been doing something right since he was considered amongst the best PF of all time.

What he did that was better than both of them, he was tough. He was a mismatch nightmare for his opponents due to his athleticism, IQ, toughness and determination. He understood how to get easy shots and didn't try to be a finesse player because well… he was a POWER FORWARD. He wasn't out there trying to look pretty shooting fadeaways and 3pt shots (although he could if needed). He played in the paint, backed you up inside and powered his way through. He was a superior athlete than all of the players you mentioned as well, with PG/SG skills.

Out of the players that were mentioned only Duncan could be considered better.

deja vu
06-07-2013, 01:57 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-37Rq4a2upLA/TVYH7SMOWbI/AAAAAAAAAtY/knUjRkcc6Yk/s1600/karl-malone.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gp0ntvfgIp4/T7MN_7DPytI/AAAAAAAAAiM/6ByiElrBYIM/s1600/lebron+bf.jpg

This is what will happen to LeBron:

http://0.tqn.com/d/prowrestling/1/0/l/A/-/-/hogan3.jpg

andgar923
06-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Is Barkley your favorite player or something? You sound butt-hurt.. or most likely you're a Jordan jocker propping up every 90s player.

He's definitely a top 10 PF.. no question.

Subjective. Also, I can't consider anyone tough if they don't play a lick of defense. Where's his pride on the defensive end if he's so tough?

Can't argue that.. But so are all of the players I've listed, especially Durant.

How does that make him greater than any of the players I listed? Bird was more of a finesse player, would you argue Barkley> Bird? No, that would be silly. There are multitude of ways to score.. and yes Barkley is up there (the only elite part of his game).

Dirk is a legit 7ft with unbelievable range, as is Durant and Duncan (nearly). Height should account for something.

Both Duncan and Dirk are way ahead of Barkley all-around and career wise imo. Just better overall leaders, longer primes and (yes even Dirk) played better team/help defense. Durant will eventually pass-up Barkley on the All-Time list, but his peak play right now is just as good, if not better than Barkley and he hasn't even scratched the surface yet - in regards to his potential.

:facepalm at the 90s ******gery
:facepalm :facepalm

At basically everything mentioned by you here.

aj1987
06-07-2013, 02:12 PM
At least Rose feels confident enough that he can lead his team to a championship eventually on his own rather than go out and have to team up with two other superstar players.

Who is the mental midget there? LeBron has no guts. He'd be DESTROYED in the '90s.
Lebron took his team to Finals in his 4th year in the league. Meanwhile, Rose is too scared to even step on the court and is content eating candy on the bench. Rose wouldn't even sniff the playoffs on those Cav's teams.

I've been following the NBA since the late 80s (right when my hometown got a team). You can say you disagree, hell people disagree with players we see today. Just don't see how Barkley is a notch above any of the players I listed.. in fact, he's further below.

So, you're a Heat fan since '88?

Charles Barkley is a better rebounder then either. He was a monster in the paint. He was as tough as they come. He averaged 12 rebounds over is 15-16 year career, while playing Power Forward at 6'6". Also, he played against legit big men. If I'm not mistaken, he's also a career 55% shooter. 22/12/4 on 55% over 16 years. That's overrated? :facepalm

spacebump
06-07-2013, 02:19 PM
dennis also said bird was overrated.
:confusedshrug:

Between him saying Bird was overrated and saying North Korea is cool/ Kim Jong Un is a good guy, I don't know why anyone would listen to a word that comes out Rodman's mouth.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Who? :biggums:

Shutup.

ispin69
06-07-2013, 02:48 PM
At this point in his broke azz life, I could give him 50 bucks in crack and he would talk shit about his mom, MJ and phil jackson. It says something when North Korea didn't even want to use him for extortion by throwing him in a labor camp. What kind of nutjob even agrees to go to north korea in the first place? Oh a broke azz crackhead like Rodman. Lets be real here.

andgar923
06-07-2013, 03:04 PM
For starters, we've seen that Bron can't move off the ball, in fact he's rather bad at it. He can't drive through small gaps, can't use the baseline effectively, his game is also very predictable: face up and shoot or drive. Sure he's added a semi post up game, but he refuses to go to it, even then, it is still elementary.

His biggest issue if he played in the 90s is a much more clogged lane.

One of his biggest strenghts will be neutered. He is privileged to play in a league that has rather open lanes, once you get past the first layer of defense it's a clear path. So even if one wants to believe that handchecking won't slow him down a clogged lane sure as hell will.

We saw with the Chicago series that he is affected by tough physical play, anybody that says otherwise is fooling themselves. But that's ok since most players today are heavily affected by it more mentally than physically. Sure Bron is big, but his mental tenacity has lapses and it clearly affects his game.

One play last night is very telling of his game.

Last night late in the 4th quarter Bron was driving in and Duncan was there, did he go up strong and challenged an aging slow Duncan? Here he is, this great physical specimen who only comes once every 100 years (or so they make him appear to be) and what does he do?

HE PASSES THE F*CKIN BALL TO A 3PT SHOOTING POWER FORWARD BOSH.

:facepalm

There's no way he'd be the same player in the 80s or 90s, his numbers will take a noticeable dip as his play declines.

Mr Exlax
06-07-2013, 03:13 PM
I can't agree with Dennis Rodman on this one. I think Lebron would average close to what he's averaging now. maybe a dip in rebounding, but that's about it. We would also have to see what team Lebron was on. A large part of what a player does is because of who he has around him.

kenuffff
06-07-2013, 03:20 PM
you can't win in this thread unless you're an insane lebron fan or an insane lebron hater..

kenuffff
06-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Is Barkley your favorite player or something? You sound butt-hurt.. or most likely you're a Jordan jocker propping up every 90s player.

He's definitely a top 10 PF.. no question.

Subjective. Also, I can't consider anyone tough if they don't play a lick of defense. Where's his pride on the defensive end if he's so tough?

Can't argue that.. But so are all of the players I've listed, especially Durant. We're not talking about scrubs here.

How does that make him greater than any of the players I listed? Bird was more of a finesse player, would you argue Barkley> Bird? No, that would be silly. There are multitude of ways to score.. and yes Barkley is up there (the only elite part of his game).

Dirk is a legit 7ft with unbelievable range, as is Durant and Duncan (nearly). Height should account for something.

Both Duncan and Dirk are way ahead of Barkley all-around and career wise imo. Just better overall leaders, longer primes and (yes even Dirk) played better team/help defense. Durant will eventually pass-up Barkley on the All-Time list, but his peak play right now is just as good, if not better than Barkley and he hasn't even scratched the surface yet - in regards to his potential.

:facepalm at the 90s ******gery

just to be clear you think dirk in his prime was better than barkley in his prime?

Guy Ledouche
06-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Ridiculous.

Quizno
06-07-2013, 03:38 PM
bulls fans calling lebron weak minded when their best player is literally too afraid to step onto the court because he's not mentally ready :roll: :roll: :roll:

rose is by far the biggest bitch in the NBA. and i used to really like the guy :confusedshrug:

Greg Oden 50
06-07-2013, 03:45 PM
He is the same size as Karl Malone , better defender , can handle the ball like magic, and can shoot from anywhere on the floor. I don't think he is as good as Jordan offensively, but I think he is a better defender than Jordan or Pippen tbh.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1008/karl.malone.rare.photos/images/malone-bicep.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-37Rq4a2upLA/TVYH7SMOWbI/AAAAAAAAAtY/knUjRkcc6Yk/s1600/karl-malone.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/z%20Body%20and%20Muscle%20of/Karl%20Malone/c8562cc1.jpg

ralph_i_el
06-07-2013, 04:21 PM
This is all trolling right? Lebron is a tank with the brain of a basketball robot. He's an all-star in any era

andgar923
06-07-2013, 04:23 PM
This is all trolling right? Lebron is a tank with the brain of a basketball robot. He's an all-star in any era

The same tank with the same brain of a basketball robot that passed to Bosh for a 3 in crunch time even tho he was in the lane?

Gotcha!!!

aj1987
06-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Barkley is certainly a great player of his time.. but the players I've listed aren't chopped liver you know. It's no insult to Barkley to say Duncan (top 5-10 all-time), Dirk (top 15-20) and Durant (potential top 15) are (or will be for Durant) > Barkley. Those other players are all-time greats also..
If you hadn't noticed I removed Duncan from your quote. Dirk is top 15? LOL! If Dirk's top 20, then Wade is top 15. Barkley is better than Dirk in every category imaginable. He's better offensively, a better rebounder, and also a better defender than Dirk. Durant has the potential? Maybe. Is he better than Barkley? Hell no!

Heavincent
06-07-2013, 04:31 PM
I don't even like Lebron, but saying he would be average in another era is asinine.

arifgokcen
06-07-2013, 04:31 PM
All the trolling about lebron
come on people give up trolling.

Players themselves from that era has repeatedly said lebron is one of the best and most compare him to jordan.Ask barkley or malone or pippen,they will tell you lebron is much better than them wihout hesitation.Whats the purpose of this thread anyway

Let me put it this way pippen said lebron is better than jordan(even though he is not) so by all the troll reasoning pippen thinks he is better than jordan because since lebron is better than jordan,and pippen better than lebron means pippen is better than MJ
:D

diamenz
06-07-2013, 04:33 PM
no player is 'era-specific' that's just a silly term made up to promote someone's insecure agenda.

any player, and especially superstar would adapt to that given era. larry bird would take sh!t's on today's league but i bet his approach would be quite different than it was in the eighties.

had lebron played in the eighties, he would have gone to college and been more fundamentally sound - he wouldn't look as sloppy and hesitant as he does today.

on the other hand, eighties jordan would simply rip through today's league making lebron's stats look like nothing. team oriented jordan's (91-98) team would probably win championships every year.

97 bulls
06-07-2013, 04:39 PM
no player is 'era-specific' that's just a silly term made up to promote someone's insecure agenda.

any player, and especially superstar would adapt to that given era. larry bird would take sh!t's on today's league but i bet his approach would be quite different than it was in the eighties.

had lebron played in the eighties, he would have gone to college and been more fundamentally sound - he wouldn't look as sloppy and hesitant as he does today.

on the other hand, eighties jordan would simply rip through today's league making lebron's stats look like nothing. team oriented jordan's (91-98) team would probably win championships every year.
Great post