PDA

View Full Version : They were right on ESPN last night. This was the Heat wat their best and Spurs...

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2013, 01:45 PM
weren't at their best. The Spurs were a little rusty and still took everything the Heat had and won. Miami is in big trouble when the Spurs get back on track.

tazb
06-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Both teams had near identical shooting percentages but the Heat had 4 more turnovers. Yea, perfect game for the Heat.

MetsPackers
You seriously make the dumbest most simple-minded threads. Subscribed for when Heat win the series

NumberSix
weren't at their best. The Spurs were a little rusty and still took everything the Heat had and won. Miami is in big trouble when the Spurs get back on track.
Cool story bro. Heat in 5.

Chizdog
Both teams had near identical shooting percentages but the Heat had 4 more turnovers. Yea, perfect game for the Heat.

Box score warrior :lol

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2013, 01:50 PM

Except that the Spurs were missing a lot of 3 point shots that normally go in. They were off last night. Probably not in any rhythm due to the long break. They'll be ready come Sunday and the Heat will be in trouble.

tazb
06-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Except that the Spurs were missing a lot of 3 point shots that normally go in. They were off last night. Probably not in any rhythm due to the long break. They'll be ready come Sunday and the Heat will be in trouble.

And the Heat weren't missing wide open 3's too. Lmao idiots on this board I swear.

Both teams played like crap, fatigue kicked in for the Heat (coming off a game 7) in the fourth quarter and the Spurs took advantage (9 day rest).

ReturnofJPR
06-07-2013, 01:56 PM
And the Heat weren't missing wide open 3's too. Lmao idiots on this board I swear.

Both teams played like crap, fatigue kicked in for the Heat (coming off a game 7) in the fourth quarter and the Spurs took advantage (9 day rest).

The difference is the Spurs are fine tuned for a 7 game series (although they will win in 6 or less). There is no way the HEAT can last another 7 games after the Bulls physically beat them up and Indiana took it to them in 7. The Spurs have been sweeping teams left in right during their postseason run.

Green, Leonard, Neal, Manu, and Bonner all had bad shooting nights. Wait till they hit their 3's...especially in San Antonio.

NumberSix
06-07-2013, 01:58 PM

Don't worry. After Miami blows them out in game 2, everyone will be back to saying Miami is unbeatable and too stacked for SAS.

NumberSix
06-07-2013, 01:59 PM
The difference is the Spurs are fine tuned for a 7 game series (although they will win in 6 or less). There is no way the HEAT can last another 7 games after the Bulls physically beat them up and Indiana took it to them in 7. The Spurs have been sweeping teams left in right during their postseason run.

Green, Leonard, Neal, Manu, and Bonner all had bad shooting nights. Wait till they hit their 3's...especially in San Antonio.
Heat in 5. Bookmarked.

edrick
06-07-2013, 01:59 PM

Wait until Bosh realizes he can play and Lebron is aggressive.

HurricaneKid
06-07-2013, 02:00 PM

Miami looked nothing like their normal selves. They were still playing as if they were going against Indiana, dragging Bosh out to 25ft, etc.

If you watched that and though SA could get a lot better but Miami couldn't I have no idea what to tell you. SA seems to be fine with giving Miami fast break opportunities and that is without even turning the ball over at all. Thats just not a recipe to beat this team.

If SA can keep their TOs to 4/gm and keep Bosh shooting 25 footers they have a great shot at winning this series. But thats not Miami basketball. Thats just reflex from having to do it against Indy.

SA got the better shots last night but there are so many adjustments I could make to change that immensely. Miami will not look anything like this again this series.

HurricaneKid
06-07-2013, 02:03 PM

Danny Green was 4/5 from 3. Manu had his 6th best game of these playoffs. WTF are you talking about?

ReturnofJPR
06-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Green: 4-9
Leonard: 3-9
Neal: 3-9
Bonner: 0-1
Manu: 4-11

Don't expect all 5 to shoot that poorly again..and when it comes to corner 3's, I'm looking at Leonard (0-4).

Flash31
06-07-2013, 02:11 PM
The Heat were not at their best,the SPURS on the other hand Turned the ball over an extremely low amount,
4 times
Danny Green was 4/5 from 3
Ginobli was making 3s and shots
Tony Parker and Tim Duncan were making shots,rebounds,and assists

While on the Heat
Battier was 0/3
Bosh 6/16 with 5 rbs
LeBron with only 18 pts to his great 18 rbs/10 ast
Ray Allen missing Free Throws
The Heat not getting to the line as much as usual

Bosh with 3 fouls in the first
Chalmers missing 3s

The Heat turning the ball over twice as much as the Spurs

and that's supposed to be the heats best,stop ,
just stop

You should just stop any and all posts about the heat,the spurs,and the heat-spurs series

SoCalLakersFan1
06-07-2013, 02:13 PM
I think it's safe to say neither team played or will play their best this series. It's the Finals, not a regular season game against the Bobcats.

Flash31
06-07-2013, 02:15 PM
The Spurs avg 12 turnovers a game

they had 4 and won by four with the heroics and 0.1 second left shot of tony parker

The heat turned the ball over twice as much

Bosh had a mediocre game,Battier was nonexistent,Chalmers was off,
Lebron only scored 18,allen missing free throws

How is that in any way shape or form Miami's best

the sheer ignorance,stupidity and hatred is beyond belief

AintNoSunshine
06-07-2013, 02:41 PM
And D rose is at his best sitting on the bench in a suit:bowdown:

Spurs played very well, lol they were so "rusty" racking up an astronomical amount of TO's = 4

They weren't at their best but they played well. Lebron was passive as hell, Bosh still has his head in his azz

LongLiveTheKing
06-07-2013, 02:43 PM
I hate this kind of logic every game is different. I still think Heat are going to win the series.

Goldrush25
06-07-2013, 02:59 PM

Well since ESPN said it it must be true. Think I'll take my savings to MGM Grand in Vegas and put all my faith in what Scott Van Pelt thinks.

Everything I've seen about this Miami Heat is that they get better as the series goes on.

You guys do this every time the Heat lose a game. You anoint (insert team here) as the new Heat-killer and how they're going to save the NBA. And then when the Heat win, you guys are back to saying "stacked" this and "cHeat" that and how much the NBA sucks now. Why doesn't everyone just calm down?

Yes Spurs could win this series but Miami's going to give them all they can handle. Perhaps this was the best the Spurs could do. They're an old team that had 1 1/2 weeks of rest. They had 4 turnovers but needed a ridiculous shot by TP to seal the game. There's two ways of looking at everything.

AintNoSunshine
06-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Well since ESPN said it it must be true. Think I'll take my savings to MGM Grand in Vegas and put all my faith in what Scott Van Pelt thinks.

Everything I've seen about this Miami Heat is that they get better as the series goes on.

You guys do this every time the Heat lose a game. You anoint (insert team here) as the new Heat-killer and how they're going to save the NBA. And then when the Heat win, you guys are back to saying "stacked" this and "cHeat" that and how much the NBA sucks now. Why doesn't everyone just calm down?

Yes Spurs could win this series but Miami's going to give them all they can handle. Perhaps this was the best the Spurs could do. They're an old team that had 1 1/2 weeks of rest. They had 4 turnovers but needed a ridiculous shot by TP to seal the game. There's two ways of looking at everything.

Can't say it better

maybeshewill13
06-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Heat in 5. Bookmarked.
Spurs in 6. Bookmarked.

Big#50
06-07-2013, 04:20 PM
SPURS missed wide open threes that they usually make. That's the only thing I can see an improvement on. They played great D. Parker missed two lay ups he makes 99.99% of the time. Manu missed three lay ups going left. Rust had to be the issue because the Heat have no shot altering whatsoever. I don't think either team played their best.

Nero Tulip
06-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Cool story bro. Heat in 5.

I can almost see the sweat dripping off your face while you spam "Heat in 5" in every thread.

Denial is the first stage of grief. It's a natural process. Now learn to make peace with the fact that you're wrong. You have 2 days. After that it'll get harder for you.

hitmanyr2k
06-07-2013, 05:30 PM
The thing I like most about the Spurs is they never get rattled. On multiple occasions the Heat took a 7-9 point lead and looked like they were going to blow it open but the Spurs answered each time. There wasn't a sign of panic at all, not even their young players which is surprising since it's their first time on this stage. They played like it was just another game.

Nero Tulip
06-07-2013, 05:37 PM
The thing I like most about the Spurs is they never get rattled. On multiple occasions the Heat took a 7-9 point lead and looked like they were going to blow it open but the Spurs answered each time. There wasn't a sign of panic at all, not even their young players which is surprising since it's their first time on this stage. They played like it was just another game.

For the younger guys last year was their first year in the playoffs, and it really showed against OKC. I kept saying during the offseason, the Spurs would be a much better team this year (and no one believed me). All the Danny Greens, Kawhi Leonards, Tiago Splitters made a ton of mistakes at the worst time, which is understandable in their first playoffs, but now they're a lot better.

Kiddlovesnets
06-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Spurs played a shit game, Heat played at their best, Spurs still win. The Spurs team is so great that no one can stand in their way right now.

longtime lurker
06-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Don't worry. After Miami blows them out in game 2, everyone will be back to saying Miami is unbeatable and too stacked for SAS.

You do know the Heat lost home court advantage right?

KevinNYC
06-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Spurs played a shit game, Heat played at their best, Spurs still win. The Spurs team is so great that no one can stand in their way right now.

4 turnovers in a playofff game is a damn achievement. Something that doesn't happen 99.7% of the time.

So, no, they didn't play a shit game.

hitmanyr2k
06-07-2013, 06:19 PM
4 turnovers in a playofff game is a damn achievement. Something that doesn't happen 99.7% of the time.

So, no, they didn't play a shit game.

They played an average game. They took care of the ball but got beat on the boards and missed a ton of easy layups. I think Ginobili and Parker blew 5 layups combined and other than Danny Green their 3 point shooting was off.

JMT
06-07-2013, 06:37 PM

Seriously, it's a toss up between you and the OP for worst poster on this site.

KevinNYC
06-07-2013, 07:01 PM
They played an average game. They took care of the ball but got beat on the boards and missed a ton of easy layups. I think Ginobili and Parker blew 5 layups combined and other than Danny Green their 3 point shooting was off.

ISH where less than half of one percent = average.

2010splash
06-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Heat were far from their best. LeBron scoring below 20 points is an anomaly if there ever was one. Spurs are in trouble once LeBron decides to play takeover ball a la 2012 playoffs.

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Seriously, it's a toss up between you and the OP for worst poster on this site.

:wtf:

Butthurt Heat fan. :oldlol:

JMT
06-07-2013, 09:23 PM
:wtf:

Butthurt Heat fan. :oldlol:

Nope. Never have been, never will be. No connection to these teams at all aside from my interest in basketball.

It's just an asinine thread.

The "rusty" Spurs turned the ball over a grand total of 4 times. Predictably, Miami's legs went in the 4th, when they committed 5 TO vs the 4 they had through the first 3 quarters. And at that, if not for a miracle shot at 23.999 of the clock, the thing could have turned the other way.

They're two very evenly matched teams, and the series won't be a walkover for either.

Screamingdoom
06-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Heat weren't even near their best. Watch game 7 against Indiana to see them near their peak level.

toxicxr6
06-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Some of these arguments are pretty weak

this is the NBA FINALS!

If your are: Not playing your absolute best basketball right now
OR: Coasting (Like heat fans say):facepalm

Then you lose.... the equation is simple. I expect spurs to improve as the series goes on just like that have done through this year's playoffs.

3stat2
06-08-2013, 02:01 AM
Lol at all these knee jerk reactions. Not a fan of either team but it astounds me, how for such a classy organization, the spurs seem to have the least classy fans.

Dragonyeuw
06-08-2013, 02:12 AM
The Heat haven't been at their best, as a collective group, all playoffs. Duncan and Parker produced at their expected levels, the only Heat star who produced close to theirs is Lebron( though he needed to score more) and Wade for the first half.

Le Shaqtus
06-08-2013, 02:12 AM
Some of these arguments are pretty weak

this is the NBA FINALS!

If your are: Not playing your absolute best basketball right now
OR: Coasting (Like heat fans say):facepalm

Then you lose.... the equation is simple. I expect spurs to improve as the series goes on just like that have done through this year's playoffs.

Exactly, why the f*ck are you "coasting" in a finals game, this is the last stage, you leave it all on the floor or you don't at all. Miami got beat, plain and simple. They didn't play a perfect game, but they played a good game and got beat. That's it.

Le Shaqtus
06-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Lol at all these knee jerk reactions. Not a fan of either team but it astounds me, how for such a classy organization, the spurs seem to have the least classy fans.

Seems like any team the Heat go against has the least classiest fans, because their fans are the best right?

Dbrog
06-08-2013, 02:16 AM
The analysts on ESPN are literally retarded. They were saying at half-time that the Spurs basically had no shot and the Heat "were back." It really sickens me to watch them since they have no grasp on the game at all. With all that said, I still think the Heat are the favorites here. Spurs certainly have a shot though.

Nero Tulip
06-08-2013, 04:24 AM
Heat were far from their best. LeBron scoring below 20 points is an anomaly if there ever was one. Spurs are in trouble once LeBron decides to play takeover ball a la 2012 playoffs.

The Spurs would love nothing more than for Lebron to shoot when there are 4 players on him, or shoot contested jumpers in front of a tall guy like Leonard. Lebron is smart, that's why he passes the ball when someone is open.

No, the only chance Miami has is if all their role players have great shooting nights, especially Bosh. If the Spurs decide to keep playing them like that, Lebron just won't score a lot, or at least not efficiently.

dbk123
06-08-2013, 04:57 AM
whats surprising is how the heat had double the turnovers. They should fix that while the spurs are more likely to have more than 4 turnovers in game 2. Also, its interesting how the heat outrebounded the spurs by almost 10. Seems like the spurs arent as good on the boards as the pacers.

Nero Tulip
06-08-2013, 06:21 AM
whats surprising is how the heat had double the turnovers. They should fix that while the spurs are more likely to have more than 4 turnovers in game 2. Also, its interesting how the heat outrebounded the spurs by almost 10. Seems like the spurs arent as good on the boards as the pacers.

More than 4, probably. We were lucky those awful passes by Many connected, and they'll probably make a couple mistakes here and there.

But Heat fans are kidding themselves if they think they will turn the ball over a lot more. The Spurs are playing really careful, with Tony taking wide angles off pick and rolls to analyse the defense and punish aggressive double teams. On the Heat side, they can't be as aggressive as they were against Indiana, because the Spurs move the ball and shoot too well. If they double team too aggressively, they'll get killed.

Think about it, were there many situations where the Spurs were likely to lose the ball? Unless the game plan changes from both teams, there won't be many turnovers.

Expect the Spurs to shoot a lot better in game 2, it could very easily be a blow out win... this series could be very short.

MetsPackers
06-21-2013, 12:58 AM
What a great analysis. You clearly know a lot about basketball