PDA

View Full Version : overall career Tony parker or Dwade

veilside23
06-08-2013, 04:24 PM
who is better

who would you rather have?

ripthekik
06-08-2013, 04:26 PM
I'll reserve my judgment until the end of this series.. it'll make a HUGE difference. If tony leads the spurs to the championship with a FMVP, I'm taking him.

KobesFinger
06-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Wade. He was always the better player

Edit: what ripthekik said is true. Wade for now unless SAS wins

NumberSix
06-08-2013, 04:28 PM
First instinct is to say Wade, but I have a feeling that Parker will have a longer span as an impactful player.

LLK21
Right now, Wade, but if Parker wins the Finals and gets Finals MVP then Parker is better.

fpliii
Wade by a country mile.

SacJB Shady
06-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Is this even a real question? parker or D Wade? Hmm Who's better? A grade school t ball team or the New York Yankees?

Tony who? Oh the guy that cheated on Eva Longoria, that guy. The guy that got beat up at the Chris Brown and Drake fight and wanted to sue the restaurant? that guy?

Purch
06-08-2013, 04:30 PM
It's impossible to say, since we've already seen Wade's peak years, whiles right now we're in the middle of witnessing Parkers peak years ( 2011 onwards)

tazb
06-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Healthy Wade by miles.

veilside23
06-08-2013, 04:34 PM
we are talking about careers ok not primes :)

get these NETS
06-08-2013, 04:35 PM
wade was beasting in playoffs PRE shaq.....dunking on 7 footers to end playoff games

parker is a great player but NEVER had to play in real games without duncan

wade got fmvp with a slightly past prime shaq

parker got a legit fmvp, but dncan was also playing

nightprowler10
06-08-2013, 04:36 PM
If I'm starting a new franchise, probably Wade. If I already have a team but I'm missing a key piece, Parker.

PJR
06-08-2013, 04:37 PM
You can't be serious. Is this a serious question?

DFish24
06-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Wade is better, but Parker has a good chance to pass him career wise.

LEFT4DEAD
06-08-2013, 04:39 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Nero Tulip
06-08-2013, 04:44 PM
This thread is the proof that reputation is all that matters, not actual skills.

LongLiveTheKing
06-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Dwyane Wade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tony
Why is this even being debated.

Nero Tulip
06-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Dwyane Wade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tony
Why is this even being debated.

Because everyone with eyes can see that Parker is 10 times the player that Wade is right now.

Career wise he's had better accomplishments too. In terms of stats Wade's only advantage is volume, because he was the only option in crappy teams. Parker has always been a much more efficient player.

Haks
06-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Career wise Tony Parker IF he wins this series and takes finals MVP but pre-injured Wade is twice the player Tony Parker is

PJR
06-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Because everyone with eyes can see that Parker is 10 times the player that Wade is right now.

Career wise he's had better accomplishments too. In terms of stats Wade's only advantage is volume, because he was the only option in crappy teams. Parker has always been a much more efficient player.

Not sure if serious. :oldlol: Wade has twice as many All NBA selections, and All NBA defensive selections. And has better numbers for their careers ACROSS the board, in both the regular season and post-season.

Stop trolling.

JellyBean
06-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Tony Parker without a doubt...and I can't stand the Spurs. But you gotta give props where props are due. This cat has been underrated pretty much his whole career but he has put up decent numbers during that span. Folks (other than TP fans and Spurs fans) have over looked him as one of the best PGs in the league for years and he has gone about his work like a true solider. Tony Parker over D-Wade anyday. Also I loved this quote from TP awhile ago "When there is talk about the best point guards, sometimes they don't talk about me. But that's not my main motivation. They can talk about Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Deron Williams and Chris Paul. I still have the most rings."....gotta love it! :applause:

SacJB Shady
06-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Tony Parker without a doubt...and I can't stand the Spurs. But you gotta give props where props are due. This cat has been underrated pretty much his whole career but he has put up decent numbers during that span. Folks (other than TP fans and Spurs fans) have over looked him as one of the best PGs in the league for years and he has gone about his work like a true solider. Tony Parker over D-Wade anyday. Also I loved this quote from TP awhile ago "When there is talk about the best point guards, sometimes they don't talk about me. But that's not my main motivation. They can talk about Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Deron Williams and Chris Paul. I still have the most rings."....gotta love it! :applause:

Does Tony have Wade's defense??

jrong
06-08-2013, 07:24 PM
This is why I need Duncan to get FMVP if the Spurs win. I knew this would come up, and it's six ways of wrong that Parker being a two time FMVP will be used as a basis to compare him to Wade.

Ask yourself this: could any version of Parker have stepped into Wade's role in the years between 2004 - 2011 (excepting 2008) and achieved the same results?

Not even close.

Game over.

And this time I didn't even use stats (but, obviously, they back me up too).

wakencdukest
06-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Not sure if serious. :oldlol: Wade has twice as many All NBA selections, and All NBA defensive selections. And has better numbers for their careers ACROSS the board, in both the regular season and post-season.

Stop trolling.

Obviously Wade is better. He was a superstar at one point, not sure if he'll be again, but Tony Parker has had a damn respectable career also and is one of best point guards in the league for the last decade. If San Antonio wins another title, I would rather be in Parkers shoes because Rings>numbers and accolades. If Parker was a scrub on a bunch of title teams and didn't make any money, I would choose Wades career, because all NBA teams and stats are not that big of a deal when you're winning titles as a major contributor.

SacJB Shady
06-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Wade is 1000 times better

DMAVS41
06-08-2013, 07:52 PM
clearly wade.

SamuraiSWISH
06-08-2013, 07:55 PM
First it's "Tony Parker best PG in league"

And now even insinuating or asking if Tony Parker > Dwyane Wade? This is beyond ridiculous.

SacJB Shady
06-08-2013, 08:07 PM
First it's "Tony Parker best PG in league"

And now even insinuating or asking if Tony Parker > Dwyane Wade? This is beyond ridiculous.

Parker is a top 15 guard in the NBA. I'd put him slightly ahead of Jennings. Their stats are not much different.

Euroleague
06-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Wade.

Better individual NBA career = Wade

Better team NBA career = Parker (Wade is equal if the Heat win)

Better national team career = Wade

WTF has Parker done with France? He has not won a single senior level tournament. And don't give me that BULLSHIT about his teammates being "Euro scrubs". The same people that say that shit claim NBA players are "vastly superior". Well, Parker has had French teams that were absolutely loaded with NBA players for many years now, and he never managed to win shit.

And none of that "international career" nonsense either, as Parker came to the NBA at age 19, and was pretty much a complete nobody in Europe at that time.

So "the better overall career" is Wade. That's just being objective.

Some people are debating who is, or was the better player. But that's not even what the OP was asking. It is asking who had the better overall career?

I think it's a definite that Wade has had a better overall career. Parker is mostly known for being Duncan and Manu's sidekick.

Legends66NBA7
06-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Yeah, this is where the underrating of Wade can come in. Even career, how can anybody say Parker had the better career ? Because of rings ? If the Heat win, they both have the same amount, but even if Parker gets his 4th that doesn't change the impact of their careers, even if this would be Parker's best showing (and he's had a great first game).

Like someone has mentioned already, Wade has more accolades and all-star appearances. Wade's performance for his Finals MVP > Parker's performance for his Finals MVP. Wade would be more legit threat than Parker in the majority of their primes.

Artillery
06-08-2013, 09:25 PM
clearly wade.

Agreed. Until the last two years, Parker was a TERRIBLE playoff performer for most of his career.

Bandito
06-08-2013, 09:38 PM
I am taking Tony because he will bring more bang for your buck. He played way more games than DWade, even though DWade is a way better player than Parker at their primes.

WayOfWade
06-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Wait, doesn't D-Wade beat Parker in career PPG, RPG, APG, SPG, BPG, PER, Allstar selections, Allstar MVP's, All-NBA, and All-Defense teams? Granted, Parker has one more ring, but I feel like being beaten in so many other categories should overpower that.
Give me Wade.

GrapeApe
06-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Wait, doesn't D-Wade beat Parker in career PPG, RPG, APG, SPG, BPG, PER, Allstar selections, Allstar MVP's, All-NBA, and All-Defense teams? Granted, Parker has one more ring, but I feel like being beaten in so many other categories should overpower that.
Give me Wade.

This. Wade is basically a bigger, stronger, more versatile, more dominant Tony Parker. He's also a SIGNIFICANTLY better defender. People live way too much in the moment.

RichieW
06-09-2013, 02:03 AM
Give me Wade.

You can either argue Parker is worse because he's had better teammates (hence more rings) or because he has worse stats, but not both.

Playing with Duncan/Manu means he never had the opportunity to put up Wade-like numbers. Plenty of players can put up great stats on horrible teams like the Heat were.

If you argue that he only has more rings because he played with greats like Duncan, you can't then argue stats because he only has worse stats because he spent most of his career as a #3 option behind older Hall of Famers like Duncan and Manu.

Meticode
06-09-2013, 02:08 AM
Parker has a really argument though. Finals MVP while playing alongside the greatest PF for all time says something about that.

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 02:25 AM
You can either argue Parker is worse because he's had better teammates (hence more rings) or because he has worse stats, but not both.

Playing with Duncan/Manu means he never had the opportunity to put up Wade-like numbers. Plenty of players can put up great stats on horrible teams like the Heat were.

If you argue that he only has more rings because he played with greats like Duncan, you can't then argue stats because he only has worse stats because he spent most of his career as a #3 option behind older Hall of Famers like Duncan and Manu.

It's not his numbers. It's what he's capable of. Wade trumps him as a scorer, defender, rebounder...by quite a wide margin actually.

And Wade is actually a very simliar passer and shot creator for his teammates.

They are just different levels of players

RichieW
06-09-2013, 03:54 AM
It's not his numbers. It's what he's capable of. Wade trumps him as a scorer, defender, rebounder...by quite a wide margin actually.

And Wade is actually a very simliar passer and shot creator for his teammates.

They are just different levels of players

I'm not saying Parker is better than Wade, but I think quoting stats like rebounding and defence are unfair when comparing a shooting guard and a point guard. Point guard defence is significantly overrated as they never have the size to guard any other position. Chris Paul is 5x All-D but unles there is a point guard worth guarding it's pretty useless. Point guards are also too small to play significant help defence/double teams.

I think if Parker wins the title and FMVP it is easily on par with Wades in 2006. Wade had an all time great coach and an All-NBA 1st Team big man in Shaq. If anything it might be better because the 2013 Heat are better than the 2006 Mavericks.

bdreason
06-09-2013, 03:58 AM
Wade is better.

Would rather have him.

RichieW
06-09-2013, 04:01 AM
Furthermore, Parker and Wade are the same age and I think it's fair to say that Parker has been the better player over the past 2 years, while both have been in their latter prime years.

SacJB Shady
06-09-2013, 04:09 AM
How is this a valid thread? D Wade is a top talent. Parker plays no defense and btw Wade will have as many rings as Parker after this series. This clip below shows everything, just watch it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od3Z46t3xY8

MARLO
06-09-2013, 04:33 AM
Why are we comparing a point guard to a shooting guard?

Their roles are distinctively different, even if Parker can play off the ball a lot the time. People shouldn't be comparing stats like ppg if one player isn't the #1 option on their separate teams.

If you're looking for a guy to run an offense, then it's Parker.

If you're looking for scoring ability and perimeter D, it's obviously Wade.

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 04:34 AM
I'm not saying Parker is better than Wade, but I think quoting stats like rebounding and defence are unfair when comparing a shooting guard and a point guard. Point guard defence is significantly overrated as they never have the size to guard any other position. Chris Paul is 5x All-D but unles there is a point guard worth guarding it's pretty useless. Point guards are also too small to play significant help defence/double teams.

I think if Parker wins the title and FMVP it is easily on par with Wades in 2006. Wade had an all time great coach and an All-NBA 1st Team big man in Shaq. If anything it might be better because the 2013 Heat are better than the 2006 Mavericks.

Could not disagree more with everything.

Wade in 06 put up 28/6/6 on 59% TS and was easily a better defender than Parker. It's not even comparable.

And honestly I don't think the 13 Heat are better than the 06 Mavs in the playoffs. The Heat have been average. The 06 Mavs went through the 06 Spurs...if the 13 Heat had to play the 06 Spurs instead of the Pacers in the ECF...they would have lost in 5.

This "prisoner of the moment" stuff has to stop. Parker is playing great. I love Parker. But comparing him to 06 Wade is a ****ing joke.

I honestly don't think Parker does 1 thing better than 06 Wade.

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 04:37 AM
Why are we comparing a point guard to a shooting guard?

Their roles are distinctively different, even if Parker can play off the ball a lot the time. People shouldn't be comparing stats like ppg if one player isn't the #1 option on their separate teams.

If you're looking for a guy to run an offense, then it's Parker.

If you're looking for scoring ability and perimeter D, it's obviously Wade.

You can still determine who the better player is....regardless of position.

And Wade has simply been the better player for most of the last 10 years. Obviously Parker has been better this year, but Wade was just so much better than any version of Parker in his prime/peak.

It's just not comparable.

If Parker goes on to play a longer career and maintains a high level and Wade declines horribly...then maybe in 5 years we can have this conversation about overall careers.

But for now...it's not a conversation...and Wade was just so much better peak vs peak.

Nero Tulip
06-09-2013, 04:37 AM
Does Tony have Wade's defense??
:roll:
No, thank god.

Nero Tulip
06-09-2013, 04:39 AM
Wade.

Better individual NBA career = Wade

Better team NBA career = Parker (Wade is equal if the Heat win)

Better national team career = Wade

WTF has Parker done with France? He has not won a single senior level tournament. And don't give me that BULLSHIT about his teammates being "Euro scrubs". The same people that say that shit claim NBA players are "vastly superior". Well, Parker has had French teams that were absolutely loaded with NBA players for many years now, and he never managed to win shit.

And none of that "international career" nonsense either, as Parker came to the NBA at age 19, and was pretty much a complete nobody in Europe at that time.

So "the better overall career" is Wade. That's just being objective.

Some people are debating who is, or was the better player. But that's not even what the OP was asking. It is asking who had the better overall career?

I think it's a definite that Wade has had a better overall career. Parker is mostly known for being Duncan and Manu's sidekick.

Biggest parker hater I've ever seen. You're just mad he's the unquestionable best point guard in European history.

Nero Tulip
06-09-2013, 04:41 AM
Give me Wade.

Every edge Wade may have, have everything to do with his reputation, and volume. Give Tony as many minutes and shots as Wade, and he's better.

He's also a SIGNIFICANTLY better defender. People live way too much in the moment.

You guys are killing me.

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 04:58 AM
Every edge Wade may have, have everything to do with his reputation, and volume. Give Tony as many minutes and shots as Wade, and he's better.

You guys are killing me.

Tim Duncan and Wade paired together from 04 through 13 win a hell of a lot more titles than 2...I can tell you that much.

Nero Tulip
06-09-2013, 05:42 AM
Tim Duncan and Wade paired together from 04 through 13 win a hell of a lot more titles than 2...I can tell you that much.

Coming from a respectable basketball scholar like you, who is so often right, it means a lot.

TheMan
06-09-2013, 05:51 AM
2006 Wade + refs > any version of TP

jrong
06-09-2013, 07:32 AM

Big Fundamentals becomes the GOAT (going by resume) if Wade was drafted to the Spurs. And young Wade actually was humble, so there would have been no Shaq/Kobe-type conflicts.

RichieW
06-09-2013, 08:05 AM

As good as Wade was, let's not pretend that Ginobili wasn't right up there with him. Wade put up big stats on some pretty poor teams with a lot of usage. If Wade is better than Ginobili, then it's not by an overwhelmingly large margin.

Look at Harden to see the kind of player Manu would have been if he was in Wades situation. They are frighteningly similar.

MJ(Mean John)
06-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Hmmm. Actually a good question. Initially, you go with wade and start to think of 3 important factors.

1. Is this the new wade?(his better days behind him)

2. Is tony Parker going to raise his play again and enter a "late prime"?

3. Does TP get the finals MVP OVER Bron(not wade)

Looks like when the dust settles, give me the Leader

DirkNowitzki41
06-09-2013, 08:27 AM
wade

alexd
06-09-2013, 08:50 AM

Stop trolling.

nba selections = popularity contest..like kobe being all nba defensive team LOL
wade has better stats because he had coaches that counted on him to stat pad and win games
tony played under pop.its team first then player
career wise tony > wade because he iwns in the categories that matter
1 fmvp each BUT 3 rings > 2 rings.no other stat matters.only those 2.don t care if u got 100 ppg.if u don t win just go home
as a peak? its still close
wade is more athletically gifted(dunking etc)but parker is just as affective with slashing but he just layps.its still 2 points u know.but people tend to remember only the dunks and not the layps
and don t give me all that wade had more ppg or spg or whatever.its not all about the stats its about the impact on the game.don t forget tony had duncan and manu so he couldn t rank his stats up but the dude is a bonafide baller

PJR
06-09-2013, 08:51 AM
If this thread doesn't prove that NBA titles, especially when used to directly compare two individual players, are overrated, nothing will. :oldlol:

La Frescobaldi
06-09-2013, 09:55 AM
A thread comparing two notorious flop criminals.
Might as well ask this....
Overall career, Al Capone, or John Dillinger?

Neither one of them should get in the Hall because they cheat the game.

kobeef24
06-09-2013, 10:20 AM
In terms of career it's close and I'll give the edge to Tony, but if I had to pick one for my team I'd probably go with Wade.

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 10:29 AM
As good as Wade was, let's not pretend that Ginobili wasn't right up there with him. Wade put up big stats on some pretty poor teams with a lot of usage. If Wade is better than Ginobili, then it's not by an overwhelmingly large margin.

Look at Harden to see the kind of player Manu would have been if he was in Wades situation. They are frighteningly similar.

And the point is? It would have been Wade, Manu, and Duncan...

That's the thing. Prime Wade could play pg very well...and was better at it than Parker

So yous still could have had Manu play the 6th man role and play all 3 of them together as often as they did with Parker

Doranku
06-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Considering the question is who had a better CAREER, the answer is easily Tony Parker.

Parker has never missed the playoffs, has more rings than Wade, just as many Finals MVPs, just as many regular season MVPs (0), and never led his team to a 15 win season like Wade did.

La Frescobaldi
06-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Considering the question is who had a better CAREER, the answer is easily Tony Parker.

Parker has never missed the playoffs, has more rings than Wade, just as many Finals MVPs, just as many regular season MVPs (0), and never led his team to a 15 win season like Wade did.

That said and all true.

But in reality it's possibly fair to compare teammates for overall records. Didn't Wade have some pathetic teams in a few of those years?
I'm not sure Tony Parker ever played on a team as bad as some of those Heat teams.

Still though.
If I had to choose just between these two, I'd take Parker every single time regardless of teammates, location, era or anything else. He's a better team player than Wade has ever been.

plowking
06-09-2013, 11:11 AM

Well I guess Parker has had a better career than David Robinson, Elgin Baylor, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, Jerry West.

Guess we should take him over all those players, and rank him higher as well.

This thread is an insult to Wade and to people looking to have a decent basketball conversation worthy of actually talking about.

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 11:14 AM

That's just not enough to make up for the massive gap in impact/level of play for the majority of of their time in the league.

Like...do people realize that Wade's worst year in the playoffs before this year since his rookie year was 2012. And Wade in 12 playoffs was much better than Parker was in his titles in 03 and 05.

It's just not comparable at this point.

Like I said before...in 5 years if Parker keeps this level up and Wade plays like this the rest of his career...then it becomes a conversation. But now it's just not even close.

returnofthemack
06-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Well I guess Parker has had a better career than David Robinson, Elgin Baylor, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, Jerry West.

Guess we should take him over all those players, and rank him higher as well.

This thread is an insult to Wade and to people looking to have a decent basketball conversation worthy of actually talking about.

parker is a proven winner id take him over almost all of those guys. they play the game to win rings and he did it. how many rings does ewing have? stockton? i take championships over stats any day. ask a guy like ewing if he would trade 5 points and 5 rebounds off his career stats for 4/5 rings, what do you think his answe would be?

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 11:19 AM
parker is a proven winner id take him over almost all of those guys. they play the game to win rings and he did it. how many rings does ewing have? stockton? i take championships over stats any day. ask a guy like ewing if he would trade 5 points and 5 rebounds off his career stats for 4/5 rings, what do you think his answe would be?

What?

Ewing might trade them for rings, but that does not mean Parker is better.

Just stop it people...please.

plowking
06-09-2013, 11:20 AM

Another terrible post.

Proven winner. I'd be a proven winner too if I played on the Bill Russell Celtics, Showtime Lakers or 90's Bulls.

I guess we'll start taking James Worthy over Dominique as well. How about Chris Bosh over Karl Malone and Charles Barkley. Both are proven winners unlike the others.

La Frescobaldi
06-09-2013, 11:25 AM
What?

No actually this is a valid argument right here.

Tony Parker is never going to have the physical skills of Dwyane Wade. The only physical asset he has MAYBE over Wade, is sheer foot speed. #9 is amazingly fast. He's Jerry West kind of fast (for those who never saw him except in slow motion film.... the Logo was lightning).

But Wade has every physical asset a player can have, and he's extremely hard working on top of that.

I still take Parker 10 times out of 10. He's tougher mentally, and he improves his team when he steps on the court.

Wade has mailed in dozens of games - including playoff games, including Finals games - and he's never going to rank very high in my book because of it.

returnofthemack
06-09-2013, 11:25 AM
What?

didnt say he was better just said that hes a winner and in the nba thats all that really matters. i want winners on my team not guys with great stats any time

returnofthemack
06-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Another terrible post.

Proven winner. I'd be a proven winner too if I played on the Bill Russell Celtics, Showtime Lakers or 90's Bulls.

I guess we'll start taking James Worthy over Dominique as well. How about Chris Bosh over Karl Malone and Charles Barkley. Both are proven winners unlike the others.

so your trying to say that parkers impact on the championship spurs teams was limited? ha i was under the impression that he was a key component to them winning.

as for bosh talk to me when hes been on a team that has won 4 championships. if bosh is a key part of 4 championships then i very well might take him over a barkley or a malone but untill that point we cant have that conversation.

returnofthemack
06-09-2013, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=plowking]Another terrible post.

QUOTE]
o and your face is a terrible post. in fact i have yet to see your face post one decent intelligent thing.

plowking
06-09-2013, 11:32 AM

Tony Parker is never going to have the physical skills of Dwyane Wade. The only physical asset he has MAYBE over Wade, is sheer foot speed. #9 is amazingly fast. He's Jerry West kind of fast (for those who never saw him except in slow motion film.... the Logo was lightning).

But Wade has every physical asset a player can have, and he's extremely hard working on top of that.

I still take Parker 10 times out of 10. He's tougher mentally, and he improves his team when he steps on the court.

Wade has mailed in dozens of games - including playoff games, including Finals games - and he's never going to rank very high in my book because of it.

Every time I've seen you post on this board, I've always thought of how much wrong there is in each of your posts. You're one of the only ones, since it actually seems like you witnessed a lot of this, but just have a shitty opinion about it all.
What finals game has Wade "mailed in"? Hes one of the best finals performers of all time. Parker isn't sniffing that type of talk.

plowking
06-09-2013, 11:33 AM
so your trying to say that parkers impact on the championship spurs teams was limited? ha i was under the impression that he was a key component to them winning.

as for bosh talk to me when hes been on a team that has won 4 championships. if bosh is a key part of 4 championships then i very well might take him over a barkley or a malone but untill that point we cant have that conversation.

Of course you would, because you're an idiot.

returnofthemack
06-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Of course you would, because you're an idiot.

you are whats wrong with basketball fans these days. you would take stats over wins every day of the week. great post there by the way. you cant take the time to process an intelligent response so you just insult. what are you 13? quick question did you get beyond the 6th grade? or did you drop out once you got to middle school? i shouldnt be so quick to judge you might still be trying. dont let what those other kids in school say you might be 21 years old and in the 6th grade but as long as you dont quit you are a winner in my book

tpols
06-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Wade>parker overall.. wades like an 8, tony a 7. Parker has skill/knowledge/savvy while wade is an incredible athlete.

Parker is far more valuable NOW and has outplayed wade by a mile on the playoffs

returnofthemack
06-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Wade>parker overall.. wades like an 8, tony a 7. Parker has skill/knowledge/savvy while wade is an incredible athlete.

Parker is far more valuable NOW and has outplayed wade by a mile on the playoffs

ecxactly. both are great players but have very differant skill sets. while wade might have more talent/athletic ability then parker i would want parker on my team. if lebron over the years has taught us anything its that its not always all about talent.

i never said that parkers peak was better then wade or that he is the better player. all i said is that parker is a freaking winner and i want winners not great stat guys. you can say that parker wouldnt have any rings if not for duncan but i can say that wade wouldnt have any rings if not for shaq and lebron, 2 of the best players to ever touch a basketball

tpols
06-09-2013, 11:57 AM
ecxactly. both are great players but have very differant skill sets. while wade might have more talent/athletic ability then parker i would want parker on my team. if lebron over the years has taught us anything its that its not always all about talent.

i never said that parkers peak was better then wade or that he is the better player. all i said is that parker is a freaking winner and i want winners not great stat guys. you can say that parker wouldnt have any rings if not for duncan but i can say that wade wouldnt have any rings if not for shaq and lebron, 2 of the best players to ever touch a basketball
Wades been pouting because his role has further been reduced and Bron has shown how much better he is. Tony is definitely more of a team player having been molded by SAS system and popovoch..his handle on the game is absurd.

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 12:00 PM

And the funny thing. Wade "mailing it in" (not that I agree with that) is still better than pretty much any version of Parker.

Wade's worst playoffs since his rookie year (2012) is probably better than any playoffs Parker has ever played.

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 12:02 PM

but Wade has been a winner as well. He's made 3 finals and has a finals mvp along with 2 titles. and the only time he lost in the finals was solely because of Lebron.

don't think Parker was ever winning anything with Duncan coming up as small as Lebron did in 11.

you guys are just looking at this year...and it's quite pathetic. Wade has been better than Parker pretty much every year outside of 08 and 13 since 2004...and some years the gap was huge.

La Frescobaldi
06-09-2013, 12:32 PM
And the funny thing. Wade "mailing it in" (not that I agree with that) is still better than pretty much any version of Parker.

Wade's worst playoffs since his rookie year (2012) is probably better than any playoffs Parker has ever played.

No way. A player that mails it in is just like suiting up your dog and I'm not talking about Air Bud. Nobody wants a guy like that.

thefatmiral
06-09-2013, 12:33 PM
wade. he dunks, is more popular and is assistant to lebron. no argument here.

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 01:10 PM
No way. A player that mails it in is just like suiting up your dog and I'm not talking about Air Bud. Nobody wants a guy like that.

I don't even follow.

To this point...there is no argument for Parker over Wade. Sorry...

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Wades been pouting because his role has further been reduced and Bron has shown how much better he is. Tony is definitely more of a team player having been molded by SAS system and popovoch..his handle on the game is absurd.

Does Wade get no credit for fitting in very well with Lebron? Which is far more difficult than fitting in with Duncan...

I mean. Wade's handle on the game is also absurd. He's been taken completely out of his comfort zone the last 2 years and has played extremely well when he's been healthy.

aj1987
06-09-2013, 01:15 PM
So, Wade went from being a top 25 player to being compared to TP? He's playing hurt, people!:facepalm

Also, Parker is a bad defensive player. Wade is 10 times the player that TP is. Not even close.

tpols
06-09-2013, 01:19 PM
So, Wade went from being a top 25 player to being compared to TP? He's playing hurt, people!:facepalm

Also, Parker is a bad defensive player. Wade is 10 times the player that TP is. Not even close.
They have the same amount of wear on their bodies and parker is out playing wade by a mile on the playoffs.

What good is being ten times the player when you're getting shitted on head to head RIGHT NOW? lol

tpols
06-09-2013, 01:21 PM
I think the word everyone is looking for when they say wade is a better player than Parker is was

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 01:35 PM
They have the same amount of wear on their bodies and parker is out playing wade by a mile on the playoffs.

What good is being ten times the player when you're getting shitted on head to head RIGHT NOW? lol

What is this "shitted on" by the way? Parker was obviously better than Wade in game 1, but it's not like Parker was out of this world. He actually had a very average first 3 qtrs and then a great 4th.

And of course Parker has been better than Wade in these playoffs...but what about the last 9 or so playoffs? Does those not count or something when talking about a career?

Current injured Wade is about as good as 03 Parker...LOL

La Frescobaldi
06-09-2013, 01:44 PM
I don't even follow.

To this point...there is no argument for Parker over Wade. Sorry...

there is though. you just don't want to see it. As I said originally; Parker is a better team player than Wade is.
Parker fits his team better than Wade does, now, or did, ever.

aj1987
06-09-2013, 01:50 PM

Really? Does TP have 3 bone bruises as well? You seem to be confused between being exhausted and injured. Wade is not EXHAUSTED. He is injured. Whereas, TP is healthy. If Wade was healthy, the Heat would've swept the Spurs. Wade got shit on? LOL! TP had an amazing 4th quarter and Wade was nonexistent in the 4th. Yet, TP ended up scoring only 4 points more than Wade. If it wasn't for that lucky shot, no one would be talking about TP.

BTW, why are people comparing a career 17/5/3 @50% player to a career 25/6/5/2/1 @49% player? Not to mention the fact that Parker SUCKS on defense.

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 01:57 PM
there is though. you just don't want to see it. As I said originally; Parker is a better team player than Wade is.
Parker fits his team better than Wade does, now, or did, ever.

Well I just could not disagree more. Not to mention it's a horrible comparison...because Wade is on a team the last 3 years with a player that basically plays the exact same way as he does.

I'd also argue that Wade fit in just fine before that. When has Wade not been a team player? He's sacrificed his game hugely the last 2 years. He won a title with Shaq...

I mean. The notion that Parker could ever do what Wade did in 06 is just beyond absurd.

RichieW
06-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Like...do people realize that Wade's worst year in the playoffs before this year since his rookie year was 2012. And Wade in 12 playoffs was much better than Parker was in his titles in 03 and 05.

Wade won 4 playoff games in 4 years between '06-'10, and his worst playoff performance ever was in 2012 when he won a Championship as a #2?

I've never watched much of the East playoffs, but I'm struggling to believe that.

RichieW
06-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Parker is in his 2nd consecutive year being clearly a better player than Wade.

I agree the argument for Parker isn't strong yet, but if this trend continues for the next 3 years (which I think it will) Parker will have a great shout.

I think Parker would be a good outside bet for MVP next year. Voters won't want to vote for Lebron again (ala Derrick Rose) and if Parker is coming off a championship and second Finals MVP, I think he'll win it if the Spurs finish with the best record.

The Choken One
06-09-2013, 02:27 PM

Wade hasn't been good defensively in years. He gets a few highlight blocks here and there and he's good defensively? Get the fhck outta here.

Tony Parker is/will be better career wise than Wade. I'd take Wade during his prime years, that's it. He's constantly hurt, one of the biggest complainers in the game, and isn't half the mental player that Tony Parker is.

As for the people bashing TP and bring out stats like morons(DMAVS). Tony plays in an amazing system. If he played somewhere else his stats would easily jump up quite a bit, but he's content winning in San Antonio, and that's all that matters.

TP > Wade

1~Gibson~1
06-09-2013, 02:29 PM
:biggums:

kamil
06-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Is this even a real question? parker or D Wade? Hmm Who's better? A grade school t ball team or the New York Yankees?

Tony who? Oh the guy that cheated on Eva Longoria, that guy. The guy that got beat up at the Chris Brown and Drake fight and wanted to sue the restaurant? that guy?

You think people take your comments seriously? You're a joke dude. Nothing what you said against Parker was relevant to your criticism of him being a BASKETBALL player.

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Parker is in his 2nd consecutive year being clearly a better player than Wade.

I agree the argument for Parker isn't strong yet, but if this trend continues for the next 3 years (which I think it will) Parker will have a great shout.

I think Parker would be a good outside bet for MVP next year. Voters won't want to vote for Lebron again (ala Derrick Rose) and if Parker is coming off a championship and second Finals MVP, I think he'll win it if the Spurs finish with the best record.

How was Parker clearly better than Wade last year?

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Wade hasn't been good defensively in years. He gets a few highlight blocks here and there and he's good defensively? Get the fhck outta here.

Tony Parker is/will be better career wise than Wade. I'd take Wade during his prime years, that's it. He's constantly hurt, one of the biggest complainers in the game, and isn't half the mental player that Tony Parker is.

As for the people bashing TP and bring out stats like morons(DMAVS). Tony plays in an amazing system. If he played somewhere else his stats would easily jump up quite a bit, but he's content winning in San Antonio, and that's all that matters.

TP > Wade

And Parker wouldn't be winning other places. So you can't have it both ways. Not to mention stats do matter.

Someone just claimed Parker was clearly better than Wade in 12...well, how? Why? How does a player that puts up worse numbers and plays worse defense...and lost to the team that Wade's team beat....somehow get the nod as clearly better?

Seriously...what the **** is wrong with you people?

And when did Wade not become a team player? He has sacrificed a ton for this Heat team the last few years.

PJR
06-09-2013, 03:04 PM
:oldlol: The hilarious thing about this thread is that the same fools who claim Parker has had a better career, and has always been the better player than Wade will also turn around and lambast LeBron for his decision to go to Miami and play with Wade.

If Wade isn't as good as good as a guy as Parker, there should've never been an outcry for LeBron wanting to go play with him.

RichieW
06-09-2013, 03:09 PM
How was Parker clearly better than Wade last year?

Parker led the Spurs to the best record in the NBA over Wade, who had the advantage of playing with the best player on the planet. He also got All NBA 2nd team over Wades 3rd Team. He also came 5th in MVP Award shares over Wades 10th. He's also clearly been better this year in both the regular season and playoffs.

INDI
06-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Healthy Wade by miles.

thats a oxymoron.

TimmyDuncan
06-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Funny how the Kobe's fans push for Parker to put Wade 2 or 3 levels below Kobe

And how a Dirk's fan is in every Parker comparaison thread pushing against him because he doesn't want him to be close to DIrk for the GOAT european NBA player should he win the FMVP this year (2 FMVP, 4 rings vs 1 FMVP, 1 MVP, 1 ring)

I guess everyone has an agenda. At least the spurs player don't give a shit about theses kind of ranking

INDI
06-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Funny how the Kobe's fans push for Parker to put Wade 2 or 3 levels below Kobe

And how a Dirk's fan is in every Parker comparaison thread pushing against him because he doesn't want him to be close to DIrk for the GOAT european NBA player should he win the FMVP this year (2 FMVP, 4 rings vs 1 FMVP, 1 MVP, 1 ring)

I guess everyone has an agenda. At least the spurs player don't give a shit about theses kind of ranking

are you bringing up Kobe to take the attention off of wade?

DMAVS41
06-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Parker led the Spurs to the best record in the NBA over Wade, who had the advantage of playing with the best player on the planet. He also got All NBA 2nd team over Wades 3rd Team. He also came 5th in MVP Award shares over Wades 10th. He's also clearly been better this year in both the regular season and playoffs.

I didn't ask about this year. I asked about last year.

So let me ask you...how is;

18/8/3 54% TS
20/7/4 54% TS

22/5/5 56% TS
23/5/4 53% TS

It's just not clear at all. Oh...and the Heat won the title. LOL

INDI
06-09-2013, 03:18 PM
as far as careers go, wade's and parker's should be sitting right next to each other. On an all-time list I probably would rank them within 5 spots of the other, thats how close of a talent these two are. I do believe most will give wade the nod up until this point, but with a win by the spurs (especially if parker gets FMVP), he will be above wade.

Zoobieshoes
06-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Whoever wins this finals series will probably get the edge over the other

aj1987
06-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Dude, if you don't watch the games, at least read the reports. Wade has always been a good to great defender consistently. He does tend to sag off a bit but he's always been good. You must be thinking about your boy Kobe. A 9x defensive first team guy, who plays worse defense than Wade. BTW, Parker is nonexistent on defense.

Hahahaha! This just tells me that you do not actually watch any games at all. You're nothing but a bitter spiteful hate. Remember the 2006 Finals? Last years semis after game 3, after every single person on this planet said that Wade was done. How about this year, after the first month when people were saying the same shit. He actually led the league in 4th quarter points for a couple of months. Wade is top 25 GOAT. Parker is top 50 at best. Deal with it. Kobe is a much worse complainer than Wade. Wade actually has a legit case. For a player who gets most of his points in the paint, he averaged a career low in FTA (excluding rookie year).

TP > Wade
Are you stupid? Wade had a better season than Parker, even though they averaged about the same number of shots per game and minutes. Wade actually played more games than TP. So, no, his stats wouldn't jump up "quite a bit". TP is a point guard. His assists may go up one or two but his PPG won't and his FG% would be much worse, without all the pick and rolls. Pop's coaching is what makes TP good.

You can compare the two players when TP,
1. Brings back his team from a 0-2 hole in the Finals while averaging 35/7/5
2. Plays defense
3. Carries his team to the playoffs, with the second best player being a rookie Beasley

WayOfWade
06-09-2013, 03:23 PM
TP: 20.3 PPG 3.0 RPG 7.6 APG .1 BPG .8 SPG 52.2 FG%
DW: 21.2 PPG 5.0 RPG 5.1 APG .8 BPG 1.9 SPG 52.1 FG%
Looks to me like they had pretty close regular season stats. I'll take D-Wade's stats over TP's though; and D-Wade isn't even top dog on his team, yet he still puts up (in my opinion) better #'s than TP.
I know stats aren't everything, but they're something.

aj1987
06-09-2013, 03:25 PM
TP: 20.3 PPG 3.0 RPG 7.6 APG .1 BPG .8 SPG 52.2 FG%
DW: 21.2 PPG 5.0 RPG 5.1 APG .8 BPG 1.9 SPG 52.1 FG%
Looks to me like they had pretty close regular season stats. I'll take D-Wade's stats over TP's though; and D-Wade isn't even top dog on his team, yet he still puts up (in my opinion) better #'s than TP.
I know stats aren't everything, but they're something.
And don't forget that Wade actually plays defense. Something that people seem to forget.

WayOfWade
06-09-2013, 03:29 PM
And don't forget that Wade actually plays defense. Something that people seem to forget.
Another great point. People who still take TP over Wade are borderline delusional at this point.

Flash31
06-09-2013, 04:33 PM
This is NOT even a DEBATE

THERE IS NO COMPARISON

WADE CAREER AVG

24.7,6.1,5.1 on 48.9% with 1 block and 1.8 steals on 3.5 turnovers
36.9 mpg,18fga

Parker career avg

17.1,6,3 on 49.4% with 0.1 block and 1 stael with 2.5 turnovers
32.9 mpg,13.7 fga

Flash31
06-09-2013, 04:44 PM
wade finals mvp stats
34.7,3.8,7.8 on 46.8% with 1 block 2.7 steals

05-06 finals mvp run
28.4,5.7,5.9 on on 49.7% with 1.1 block and 2.2 steals

parkers finals mvp stats
24.5,3.3,5 on 56.8% with 0 blocks and 0.8 steals

20.8,5.8,3.4 on 48% with 0 blocks and 1.1 steals

Flash31
06-09-2013, 04:57 PM
WADE-10 year career so far
Tony Parker-12 year career so far

Totals

dw-16,453,4,049 ast,3,364 rb on 5.861-11,992 with 2,309 turnovers and 667 blocks and
1,183 steals

24.7,6.1,5.1 on 48.9 fg% with 3.47 turnovers and 1 block and 1.8 steals

tp-14,917,5,247 ast,2,645 rb on 5,911-11,954 with 2,205 turnovers and 66 blocks and
836 steals

17.1,6,3 on 49.4 fg% with 2.53 turnovers and 0.1 block and 1 steal

Playoff comparison

wade-23.8,5.2,5.5 on 47.6 % with 1.1 blocks and 1.6 steals and 3.62 turnovers

tp-19.3,5.3,3.2 on 46.2 % with 0.1 blocks and 1 steal and 2.82
turnovers

LikeABosh
06-09-2013, 06:36 PM
If the Heat win this series it's Wade and not even close. If Parker leads to the Spurs to victory and wins Fmvp then I guess an argument can be made. Prime Wade>>>>>>>Parker