PDA

View Full Version : What Pop said about Lebron:

gigantes
06-08-2013, 05:41 PM
lebron:

''I've done more and lost before.''

''When I was in Cleveland we played Orlando in the Eastern Conference finals and I think I averaged 38, 36, or whatever I averaged,'' James said, referring to the 2009 series where he averaged 38.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 8 assists. ''I guess I should have done more in that series as well. But I can't. ... I do what's best for the team. What's best for the team, it doesn't always result in a win.''

pop:

''He's a grown man,'' Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. ''He doesn't need any of you to tell him anything. He knows more than all of you put together. He understands the game. If he makes a pass and you all think he should have shot it, or he shoots it and you think he should have made a pass, your opinions mean nothing to him, as they should not mean anything to him.''

interesting!
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron-criticism-ive-done-more-194617715--nba.html

SpecialQue
06-08-2013, 05:44 PM
inb4 Lebron signs with the Spurs

Nebraskanball
06-08-2013, 05:46 PM
:roll: :lebronamazed:

FreezingTsmoove
06-08-2013, 05:47 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ballup
06-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Pop was always the dad Lebron needed.

K Xerxes
06-08-2013, 05:52 PM
I love that Pop despises the media so much. :applause:

I wish he could appear on First Take one day or something and just murder Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith. These media clowns are destroying the perception of basketball.

inclinerator
06-08-2013, 05:53 PM
pop would make lebron the goat

9erempiree
06-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Pop is a very smart man.

Of course he's going to say that because he wants Lebron to keep playing the same way he is. Playing passively.

You think Pop wants the media to influence Lebron and get Lebron into beast mode?

Bandito
06-08-2013, 06:02 PM
He's the father Lebron needs but not the one he deserves...

SpecialQue
06-08-2013, 06:05 PM
pop would make lebron the goat

I absolutely agree with this. Pop wouldn't take any of Lebron's shit and would guide him properly, unlike some of the other joke coaches he's had throughout his career. Lebron's never had a strong male figure in his life, and Pop would whip him into shape. I mean, look at how great Lebron is NOW with everyone kissing his ass. Can you imagine how great he'd be if he had a real coach when he was developing?

Fvck, Pop's even fine with flopping, too. This would have been a match made in heaven.

Haymaker
06-08-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm not even joking. If Bron had gone to SA after he left Cleveland, he would've had two rings already.

Inferno
06-08-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm not even joking. If Bron had gone to SA after he left Cleveland, he would've had two rings already.

Probably.

But SA has Leonard at the SF position, who has a lot of upside either way.

Purch
06-08-2013, 06:35 PM
The biggest difference between Lebron on the Cavs and if he was on the spurs, would be his relationship to the media. 90% of those quotes, that people use against him would never exist. In the 07 championship dvd, you see Pop telling Tony " That you can't give the media anything", and that's the way the whole Spurs organization runs, they treat the media like the vultures they are. Because he wouldn't have that relationship he had earlier in his career with the media, I don't think he would have been marketed nearly to the extent that he was.

TheMarkMadsen
06-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Obviously Pop would say that..

I'm sure he's fine with CB4 shooting 3's instead of having Lebron take it to the rim at Duncan when Duncan has 5 fouls..

FreezingTsmoove
06-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Probably.

This

I would rather have Kawhi than Lebron. Updside > Impact

TheMarkMadsen
06-08-2013, 06:42 PM

:coleman:

funnystuff
06-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Pop is a very smart man.

Of course he's going to say that because he wants Lebron to keep playing the same way he is. Playing passively.

You think Pop wants the media to influence Lebron and get Lebron into beast mode?
Reach farther. :oldlol:

inclinerator
06-08-2013, 06:43 PM
This

not sure if sarcasm

Haymaker
06-08-2013, 06:50 PM
This

:wtf:

maybeshewill13
06-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Pop is a very smart man.

:lol

AintNoSunshine
06-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Probably.

RETARD ALERT

Purch
06-08-2013, 07:01 PM
I think 9empire mistakes Pop for Phil. Pop isn't one for the mindgames, he's usally pretty damn straight forward.

FreezingTsmoove
06-08-2013, 07:45 PM
not sure if sarcasm

obviously look at the reply

RedBlackAttack
06-08-2013, 07:48 PM
The fact that Pop is even having to address these kinds of questions is an embarrassment to sports media.

"Coach Pop... You think James should have shot or passed there?"

:facepalm

Kill yourself, media.

jzek
06-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Same reason why media ppl shouldn't be allowed to vote for important awards. They know nothing about the NBA game as they never played or coached a second of it.

SamuraiSWISH
06-08-2013, 07:54 PM
I love that Pop despises the media so much.
Not me, it's pointless. Actually kind of petty. It's part of your job to talk to these guys, they don't make stories up for no reason. They're not out to get people, much less Pop. I'm sure it wins his players over with his us against the world attitude, especially with the media but to me it's stupid.

Inferno
06-08-2013, 08:00 PM
RETARD ALERT

Did I ever say Leonard > Lebron?

I was just saying that even though SA doesn't have Lebron they still have a young and talented SF in Leonard. :facepalm

gigantes
06-08-2013, 08:40 PM
The fact that Pop is even having to address these kinds of questions is an embarrassment to sports media.

"Coach Pop... You think James should have shot or passed there?"

:facepalm

Kill yourself, media.
true, but an embarrassment that sells. but as an admirer of selective audacity (nod to danton) i like the way pop played this...

completely honest, bold as brass, and yet super-defusing.

i do think it's cool when you can combine so many objectives in a single chess move. :D

PickernRoller
06-08-2013, 09:12 PM
:roll: :roll:

"D'Antoni just has a bad rap for being a bad defensive coach" "He knows what's he's doing" ....goes in and sweeps him.

Man I miss Phil.

TheFan
06-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Pop is a very smart man.

I agree with this.
He is not going to be the one who wakes up the Lion.

If the superstar is sucking, just let him suck, what is he supposed to say? Lebron sucks? Kobe is better?, so Lebron drops one of his patented 40 points triple doubles.

gigantes
06-08-2013, 09:55 PM
:roll: :roll:

"D'Antoni just has a bad rap for being a bad defensive coach" "He knows what's he's doing" ....goes in and sweeps him.

Man I miss Phil.
you should. your psycho of an owner (jimmy) ran him right out of town.

Ai2death
06-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Not me, it's pointless. Actually kind of petty. It's part of your job to talk to these guys, they don't make stories up for no reason. They're not out to get people, much less Pop. I'm sure it wins his players over with his us against the world attitude, especially with the media but to me it's stupid.

Are you aware of what you just said?
The media are out to get all of them. They are drooling for someone to hate on someone else or someone to say something stupid. The fact that they bait people into that sort of stuff is proof enough

wakencdukest
06-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Are you aware of what you just said?
The media are out to get all of them. They are drooling for someone to hate on someone else or someone to say something stupid. The fact that they bait people into that sort of stuff is proof enough

I agree with this. The media is just waiting for one of these guys to slip up so they have a story.

bdreason
06-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Pop is just praying that LeBron keeps playing passive in the 4th.

Draz
06-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Obviously Pop would say that..

I'm sure he's fine with CB4 shooting 3's instead of having Lebron take it to the rim at Duncan when Duncan has 5 fouls..
:cheers:

jstern
06-09-2013, 12:09 AM
He knows more than all of you put together.
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

That's so beyond true.

The Sting
06-09-2013, 12:11 AM
He's the father Lebron needs but not the one he deserves...
Oh my goodness lol

HorryIsMyMVP
06-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Maybe Popovich is Lebron's father.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2188/2493530758_1d8c24ed36_z.jpg

sixer6ad
06-09-2013, 06:22 AM
I think LBJ would have the most fun if he signed with Golden State and played with Steph Curry, Clay Thompson, and that crowd. That would be insanely fun to watch.

sixer6ad
06-09-2013, 06:25 AM

You could not be any more incorrect than you are with this statement. Even the best media guys don't care about the game. They could care less about game winners or great plays, they want a story. They want a guy to miss free throws with .7 left or for Durant, LBJ, Rose, etc. to have a poor 4th quarter. I am so glad Pop is the way he is. I wish every NBA player and coach would be contrite and truthful with these blood suckers.

DirkNowitzki41
06-09-2013, 07:33 AM
pop spreadin the truth about all these retarded lebron haters :bowdown: