06-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Bobcats looking to trade the #4 pick in a package for Chris Bosh according to:

http://tracking.si.com/2013/06/09/bobcats-chris-bosh-trade/?eref=twitter_feed

Bobcat4Ever
06-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Kill me now

Scholar
06-09-2013, 03:04 PM
It'll be hilarious if Miami accepts and whoever they draft ends up being better than CB. It'll just go to show that MJ is a garbage owner.

knickscity
06-09-2013, 03:05 PM
This would be an alltime stupid move by the GOAT.

Bosh is not gonna add wins all by himself.

Quizno
Kill me now
i actually think it's a really good move. we won't get anything great with the #4 pick and the one thing the bobcats have always been missing terribly is a legitimate post threat. bosh a few years ago in toronto was an excellent post player and i don't see why he can't be about as good as he was back then with the bobcats, especially when there's no doubt we'll run our offense through him

we already have great perimeter players. kemba's very good, hendo put up 20 ppg during the second half of last season and MKG is only gonna get better. that could easily be a playoff team and depending on how much better kemba, hendo and MKG get it could actually be a very, very good team

TheMarkMadsen
Kill me now

Why? It would be a hell of a lot better than whatever adam morrison or sean may you guys would pick this year.

Walker & Bosh would be a nice little duo to add pieces around.

Peteballa
06-09-2013, 03:07 PM
**** no! Nobody we get with #4 will be as good as Bosh. Bosh's value is at an all-time low and he isn't playing well lately, but he is still a GREAT player. He was the Heat's second best player for a large part of the last couple years.

BlazersDozen
06-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Miami won't do this. There's no bigs in this draft worth taking IMO. Len & Zeller will get worked defensively and Len still has a few years of work before he should be considered a starter in the NBA. The Heat are better suited to hold onto Bosh, terminate his contract and go after DeMarcus Cousins with that money.

Orlando Magic
06-09-2013, 03:08 PM
LOL @ the ****ing retards in this thread that think the #4 pick will probably turn out as good as Bosh.

Hahahaha, lmfao.

Zero percent chance Miami does this. ZERO.

Bosh may not be a main centerpiece to a championship team but this dude is one of the most underrated in the league now because of the team he is on.

Scholar
06-09-2013, 03:09 PM
That #4 draft pick is probably more effective in the NBA Finals right now than Chris Bosh.

BlazersDozen
06-09-2013, 03:11 PM
i actually think it's a really good move. we won't get anything great with the #4 pick and the one thing the bobcats have always been missing terribly is a legitimate post threat. bosh a few years ago in toronto was an excellent post player and i don't see why he can't be about as good as he was back then with the bobcats, especially when there's no doubt we'll run our offense through him

we already have great perimeter players. kemba's very good, hendo put up 20 ppg during the second half of last season and MKG is only gonna get better. that could easily be a playoff team and depending on how much better kemba, hendo and MKG get it could actually be a very, very good team

Simmer down. By the time MGK & Kemba reached their prime, Bosh will be almost fully declined.

knickscity
06-09-2013, 03:14 PM
LOL @ the ****ing retards in this thread that think the #4 pick will probably turn out as good as Bosh.

Hahahaha, lmfao.

Zero percent chance Miami does this. ZERO.

Bosh may not be a main centerpiece to a championship team but this dude is one of the most underrated in the league now because of the team he is on.
I betcha Miami would have no issue trading their near max three point shooter for that pick.

The Huge TPE they'd get could slot a better suited player.

The idea for Jordan to do it is plain stupid, not because of the #4 pick being better than Bosh, which would be foolish for anyone in the thread to assume anyone else is making that claim.

Bosh wont add enough wins to steer the boat, which allegedly is the course of the articles reasoning, might as well stay the course and continue the rebuild.

TylerOO
06-09-2013, 03:14 PM
This draft sucks so Miami would never do this

Orlando Magic
06-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Neither team would do it. It doesn't make short term nor long term sense for Miami.

It does make short term sense for the Bobcats, but not enough to matter. And for the Bobcats it does not make long term sense.

It's just a flat out bad trade... but Bosh's value is > the 4th pick of this year's draft. lol.

Goldrush25
06-09-2013, 03:21 PM
It's not always about getting equal value. So don't even worry about getting hung up on that. Trades rarely work immediately for both sides.

I think it works for both sides. Miami has to retool if they want to keep Lebron, and Bosh is the one moveable piece. If they choose to amnesty Miller, trade Bosh and sign Wade to a lower figure contract in a couple of years, then they've made some room to reload in 2015.

It would be a calculated risk, a risk that most likely benefits Charlotte in the long run. But in the process the Heat get younger, which they have to do one way or the other. Bosh gets to be the star again, and MJ has a proven commodity to sell to his fans.

Charlotte has experimented with the draft long enough. At some point you have to get a proven commodity that can put butts in the seats. And Miami cannot keep the big 3 through 2015.

WWRWestbrookDo?
06-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Kill me now

Bosh might have his flaws but if I was trying to start a franchise I would rather him him over whoever you can get at number 4.

lets be real

Clifton
06-09-2013, 03:23 PM
No player Charlotte would pick with the number four will be as good as Chris Bosh is now. Miami is a bad fit for him. He's still one of the 20 or 30 best players in the NBA. There's only so much room to shine as a catch-and-shoot player. Bosh could put up over 20ppg easily, and would on any other team. There aren't a lot of guys doing that these days, and Charlotte seriously needs a scorer.

If Miami sees a player available at 4 that can shore up some of its massive holes, they should consider this. The problem is breaking up the "big 3." Might mess with chemistry. Obviously, whether they win a title this year will have a big impact on whatever they do, but I think it would poke a big hole in their mystique if they were to give up on one of their stars, even if they do lose.

knickscity
06-09-2013, 03:24 PM
It isn't likely but I seriously doubt even Mickey and his money isn't exactly willing to have a 140 mil team, when factoring in the taxes.

He sees Bosh and wade clearly aren't able to carry the wieght anymore.

If this has legs more of it will comeout around draft time.

Zodiac
06-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Hey Bobcats we'll give you Josh Smith straight up for the #4 pick

Nash
06-09-2013, 03:47 PM
lol, Miami is a must win now team. Can't get a long time project when they are trying to go for multiple championships..

TonyMontana
06-09-2013, 03:49 PM
I would trade Bosh for the Bobcats unprotected pick in NEXT YEARS draft.

I dont want anyone in this draft though.

coin24
06-09-2013, 03:58 PM
I like it for both teams.. Charlotte need to make a big move, time to stop dreaming with the draft it isn't going to happen.. Bosh is almost irrelevant in Miami now anyway, they lower there tax etc, maybe get a young big or whatever else they need..

Twiens
06-09-2013, 04:34 PM
U guys serious? Chris Bosh >>>#1 pick in this draft

BoutPractice
06-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Terrible trade for both teams.

Remix
06-09-2013, 04:46 PM
doesn't bosh only have one more year on his contract? probably doesn't want to stay with the HORNETS

Bandito
06-09-2013, 04:59 PM
From a business standpoint it makes sense as Bosh will bring championship experience and people due to his All Star status to Charlotte. And right Now the Bobcats need people to fill their arena.

Patrick Chewing
06-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Unless it's for Bosh and Cole or Chalmers or Miami draft picks.

RedBlackAttack
06-09-2013, 05:21 PM
U guys serious? Chris Bosh >>>#1 pick in this draft
Silly way to look at it.

This trade makes no sense for either team. Miami needs guys who can step in and play at a championship level immediately. High profile rookies don't fit that mold. Even the best guys usually take time to develop.

On Charlotte's end, it makes even less sense. It isn't about who is better right now... It's about how does Bosh's timeline fit in with the young core that they currently have. By the time the other guys could conceivably be ready to compete for the playoffs or more, Bosh will be old and washed up.

I'm sure he'll help them win some meaningless games in the regular season, but that team isn't making the playoffs with Bosh on the roster and it sure as hell isn't making a run in the playoffs.

Dumb trade.

RedBlackAttack
06-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Unless it's for Bosh and Cole or Chalmers or Miami draft picks.
Miami doesn't have any picks.

Kurosawa0
06-09-2013, 05:24 PM
The interesting part of this is whether or not this rumor is generated only from Charlotte's end or if Miami actively talking to teams about Bosh.

Goldrush25
06-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Silly way to look at it.

This trade makes no sense for either team. Miami needs guys who can step in and play at a championship level immediately. High profile rookies don't fit that mold. Even the best guys usually take time to develop.

On Charlotte's end, it makes even less sense. It isn't about who is better right now... It's about how does Bosh's timeline fit in with the young core that they currently have. By the time the other guys could conceivably be ready to compete for the playoffs or more, Bosh will be old and washed up.

I'm sure he'll help them win some meaningless games in the regular season, but that team isn't making the playoffs with Bosh on the roster and it sure as hell isn't making a run in the playoffs.

Dumb trade.

Miami is in year 3 of a 4 year plan. It's not inconceivable that they could lose Bosh after next year anyway. He's clearly a bad fit and has had difficulty maintaining any kind of consistency in this offense. I just don't see him as a long term fixture there.

I'm sure they want to maintain their competitiveness beyond next year. They have to do something to ensure that that happens. And plenty of last years' draft picks flourished immediately. Even Norris Cole, their late-first round pick of '11, has flourished for Miami and he's serving a prominent role. There aren't many spots that are better for a rookie's progression than playing in Miami. They have the infrastructure to develop rookies. The worst type of place would be Charlotte, with no kind of leadership in place.

As for Charlotte, they've been spinning their wheels drafting at the top forever. They have no chance on enticing any free agent, so they should relegate themselves to continuing to hope for the best in a crapshoot draft? They can't develop rookies.

Trading for Bosh isn't a great option but it's better than any move that they've made in the past 10 years. They don't have a lot of options when it comes to improving their team. What other bona-fide All-Star talents have they had available to them?

RedBlackAttack
06-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Miami is in year 3 of a 4 year plan. It's not inconceivable that they could lose Bosh after next year anyway. He's clearly a bad fit and has had difficulty maintaining any kind of consistency in this offense. I just don't see him as a long term fixture there.

I'm sure they want to maintain their competitiveness beyond next year. They have to do something to ensure that that happens. And plenty of last years' draft picks flourished immediately. Even Norris Cole, their late-first round pick of '11, has flourished for Miami and he's serving a prominent role. There aren't many spots that are better for a rookie's progression than playing in Miami. They have the infrastructure to develop rookies. The worst type of place would be Charlotte, with no kind of leadership in place.

As for Charlotte, they've been spinning their wheels drafting at the top forever. They have no chance on enticing any free agent, so they should relegate themselves to continuing to hope for the best in a crapshoot draft? They can't develop rookies.

Trading for Bosh isn't a great option but it's better than any move that they've made in the past 10 years. They don't have a lot of options when it comes to improving their team. What other bona-fide All-Star talents have they had available to them?
If they can't develop young players, they might as well fire their entire FO (again), because that's the only way the franchise is going to turn things around... Not by trading for guys like Bosh who should be on teams ready to win right now.

As for Miami, I'm not saying getting the No. 4 pick this year would necessarily be a bad thing... Just not the ideal move for a guy like Bosh, who will still command quite a bit on the open market.

Let's think about what Miami would be addressing with that pick... They really need work on their frontcourt and the obvious pick at 4 would be Alex Len... But, he is a project pick. Not ready to immediately contribute on a championship team.

I'm not saying that Miami shouldn't look to make a move. It would make sense to break up a Big 3 that pretty obviously has chemistry issues. I just don't think a high draft pick is necessarily the way to go, unless they are starting to think beyond James/Wade/Bosh.

I feel Charlotte has some nice young pieces... MKG, Kemba, Biyombo...

It might not be the best young core in the league, but you add a potentially very good player like Alex Len and I think there is a future there.

SpecialQue
06-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Play stopped. There was an electric silence. A wide-eyed Jordan was walking toward him. "You (expletive) flaming (expletive)," Jordan exploded. "You don't get a foul call on a (expletive) little touch foul, you (expletive). You don't bring that (expletive) here. Get your (expletive) ass back on the floor and play. I don't want to hear that (expletive) out of you again. Get your ass back and play, you (expletive)."

:eek:

hawkfan
Bosh won't get traded.
He took a paycut to go to Miami.
Without that paycut there won't be 2 championships (after the one this year and the one last year).

bluechox2
#4 for amare

GrapeApe
06-09-2013, 06:10 PM
The Heat won't trade Bosh, but they need to make a move that allows him to play his natural position. He's not a center nor should he be playing center, save for the occasional small ball lineup. The Heat don't have a center on their roster and it almost cost them in the ECF and could cost them in the Finals. Trading Bosh isn't the answer, playing him at PF is.

Rekindled
06-09-2013, 06:13 PM
#4 for amare

screw no.4 . knicks would give amare to bobcats for free

bluechox2
06-09-2013, 06:17 PM
screw no.4 . knicks would give amare to bobcats for free
i wud 2, but amare > bosh

MavsSuperFan
06-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Great move by the Bobcats. MJ has proven he cant draft at all, so draft picks are worthless to his team.

LikeABosh
06-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Zero percent chance the Heat would even think about this. This draft is weak as shit. Who the hell would the Heat take with their pick? Cody Zeller?:oldlol: :oldlol:

kshutts1
06-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Bosh is the most tradeable "big 3" that the Heat have. No one wants to give the Heat as much as they would want for aging Wade, Lebron is as untradeable as a player has ever been... that leaves Bosh.

On top of that, what they ask Bosh to do could be quasi-replaced with Byron Mullens.

Bobcats offer: Mullens, Diop (they have him, right?), Ty Thomas and the #4 pick, plus a heavily protected first.

Heat give: Bosh

Heat still have their star-centered offense surrounded by shooters, with Thomas and Diop as extra-insurance bigs.

Charlotte has Kemba, who's coming into his own nicely, and Bosh to shoulder the scoring load, and MKG can worry about defense and hustle plays. Solid foundation for the remaining duration of Kemba's rookie deal. All they would really need is a shooter type guy (Redick?) and a bruising big (Dalembert) to complement Bosh. That would make them competitive (for the playoffs) for the next two years. Hopefully that would be enough to lure a few more decent FAs.

kshutts1
06-09-2013, 06:48 PM
^^ That being said, Heat should not break up the core this year. You don't mess with two straight titles.

(e)
06-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Miami would be dumb to do it, but it would be a great move for the Bobcats.

Myth
06-09-2013, 07:04 PM
I can't believe some think this would be bad for the Bobcats :facepalm

kshutts1
06-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Same. I admit that I often under-value picks, but some people truly over value picks, and undervalue the affect that a true star player can have on a franchise.

MiseryCityTexas
06-09-2013, 07:28 PM
The Heat won't trade Bosh, but they need to make a move that allows him to play his natural position. He's not a center nor should he be playing center, save for the occasional small ball lineup. The Heat don't have a center on their roster and it almost cost them in the ECF and could cost them in the Finals. Trading Bosh isn't the answer, playing him at PF is.

They had Curry but he sucks, and Birdman's energy and defense only works against average to shitty post players.

bluechox2
06-09-2013, 07:29 PM
they shud trade bosh for nene and okafor

2 for 1

kshutts1
06-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Bosh is the most tradeable "big 3" that the Heat have. No one wants to give the Heat as much as they would want for aging Wade, Lebron is as untradeable as a player has ever been... that leaves Bosh.

On top of that, what they ask Bosh to do could be quasi-replaced with Byron Mullens.

Bobcats offer: Mullens, Diop (they have him, right?), Ty Thomas and the #4 pick, plus a heavily protected first.

Heat give: Bosh

Heat still have their star-centered offense surrounded by shooters, with Thomas and Diop as extra-insurance bigs.

Charlotte has Kemba, who's coming into his own nicely, and Bosh to shoulder the scoring load, and MKG can worry about defense and hustle plays. Solid foundation for the remaining duration of Kemba's rookie deal. All they would really need is a shooter type guy (Redick?) and a bruising big (Dalembert) to complement Bosh. That would make them competitive (for the playoffs) for the next two years. Hopefully that would be enough to lure a few more decent FAs.

Just tried using the TM and, because of contracts that are ending, or may end, the TM basically won't allow a trade to go through.

There are some options, but unless the Heat can find a suitable big man for their scheme (Bosh basically fits the team perfectly) I don't see the Heat making the move.

RedBlackAttack
06-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Bosh is going to be 30 next year. The Bobcats aren't a playoff team even with Bosh on the roster. How much longer is he going to be in his prime?

For a team at this stage of a complete rebuild and overhaul, this move would make very little sense.

Doesn't matter, because it will never happen anyway.

Xiao Yao You
06-10-2013, 07:41 AM

Really. Bosh and Walker could be playoff contenders in the east.

32MJ32
06-10-2013, 08:00 AM
By the numbers, Chris Bosh is the best midrange shooter in the league. Now, I'm not saying that automatically makes him a great or even good player but... he is.

That said, it does make him super valuable to Miami, who basically just need him to knock down that shot and provide spacing. IMO, if you paired Bosh with a big guy who actually likes to play like a big guy, i.e. rebound, protect to the basket, dive to the rim and you'd have a heck of a front court. Bosh and Tyson Chandler or Larry Sanders would be a serious tag team.

However, pair him with Byron Mullens and you'd have the first starting front court in NBA history to start two shooting guards....

kshutts1
06-10-2013, 11:13 AM
By the numbers, Chris Bosh is the best midrange shooter in the league. Now, I'm not saying that automatically makes him a great or even good player but... he is.

That said, it does make him super valuable to Miami, who basically just need him to knock down that shot and provide spacing. IMO, if you paired Bosh with a big guy who actually likes to play like a big guy, i.e. rebound, protect to the basket, dive to the rim and you'd have a heck of a front court. Bosh and Tyson Chandler or Larry Sanders would be a serious tag team.

However, pair him with Byron Mullens and you'd have the first starting front court in NBA history to start two shooting guards....
Mullens is a FA. If Charlotte got Bosh, they would either not sign Mullens, or S and T him.

ralph_i_el
06-10-2013, 11:22 AM
you let Bosh go back to being the man on a team and I don't see why he couldn't have a 20/10 year for the bobcats

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-10-2013, 11:29 AM
So essentially the Shareef Abdur Rahim on the LOLCats.

francesco totti
06-10-2013, 11:29 AM
he is being misused as center, he is a power forward.

i think he is tradeable piece for miami. wade is also. only one who isnt is lebron.
last year heat won title despite bosh injury, this year they are going to win despte him sucking badly.

avonbarksdale
06-10-2013, 11:45 AM
so stupid for miami