PDA

View Full Version : So basically Lebron has to:

pauk
06-09-2013, 11:39 PM
*Score at least 30-40 points / take 30 FGA every single game (nevermind teammates, defense, assists, clutch, rebounds, efficiency, the point-forward crap, just the chuck the ball).... or else he "needs to do more"....

*NEVER have teammates play good even ONCE, especially in wins..... or else he is a "frontrunner / got carried"...

*Do not create excellent plays for his teammates entire game..... if its a win then he is a "frontrunner"...... if its a loss then he is "to passive, afraid".....

*Not have to nice numbers / triple doubles / crazy allround numbers.... or else he is a "statpadder"..... if its a loss then "he shut out his teammates"...

*Make at least 10-15 points every 4th quarter and hit ALL clutch shots.... or else he is a "choker"... if he does all that and loses anyways then screw it still a "choker" considering its a loss....

*Do not play in 4th when you have a 10+ point lead.... or else he is a "statpadder in garbage time"

*Be Jordan.... not Magic.... or else he is to "passive/needs to score, shoot more"...

etc.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcx9gzIlbJ1rxl1gv.gif

SavageMode
06-09-2013, 11:40 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :applause:

DaSeba5
06-09-2013, 11:40 PM
It's the same people as usual. Instead of getting into a long debate with them, I just laugh it off. This is not a serious place for a basketball discussion outside a few good threads and posters. We should all just accept that.

insidehoops
06-09-2013, 11:42 PM
It's the same people as usual. Instead of getting into a long debate with them, I just laugh it off. This is not a serious place for a basketball discussion outside a few good threads and posters. We should all just accept that.

I disagree. This is a great forum, but topics on Kobe or LeBron get exaggerated in crazy directions. The great is great.

STATUTORY
all he has to do is not be shook and lead his team in time of adversity

livinglegend
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

EricGordon23
Pauk is right. People need to give this guy a break.

Hes a fun player to watch so Just enjoy it while you can.

PickernRoller
Someone post Kobe's statlines against the Spurs throughout his career to show the sinners the Light.

Mind you - Kobe faced the real Spurs back in the day. Not the Ancient Spurs of today.

So how is Lebron in his PRIME with the most stacked team in the league(+ 2 all-stars) not DESTROYING this Spurs team?

Let me know.

BTW the circle jerk of Lebron Queers that posted within 3 secs of each other should shoot themselves - really desperate.

SavageMode
06-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Just mad Kobe stans pmsing because they know Lebron > Kobe.

niko
The point is winning. When he unselfishly plays into a loss, that's not a positive no matter how good your numbers are. Are numbers the point or winning?

If they win with Lebron passing off in the 4th qtr and refusing to shoot, you cannot criticize. At all. But anyone watching game 1 thinking Lebron played well down the stretch as he can, you're just in denial.

Jacks3
Dude's team just won by 25 in a game where he was thoroughly below-average in the NBA Finals and you're still acting like this. :roll:

K Xerxes
06-09-2013, 11:44 PM
Just laugh and accept it. No one will remember that LeBron only had 17-8-7 in game 2 of the finals in a few years time if they go on to win and he gets FMVP (which he will in that scenario).

TheMarkMadsen
Circa Kobe 08-10. I seem to remember some "cavs" fans at the time saying he was "carried" anytime another Laker had a good game.

PickernRoller
Just mad Kobe stans pmsing because they know Lebron > Kobe.

Dreaming ain't a sin.

plowking
Did you just copy what I wrote in the FRONT RUNNER thread, put it into new words and make a new thread?

pauk
ALL Lebron has to do is win.... thats the only thing he needs to do.... thats my point...

Straight_Ballin
06-09-2013, 11:45 PM
OP rather insecure that bron played like a front runner tonight. Give it a rest...

DaSeba5
I disagree. This is a great forum, but topics on Kobe or LeBron get exaggerated in crazy directions. The great is great.

It was great, but it's become infested with troll accounts and people with agendas. The only thing that can be done is to get tough with people and crack down on the site, but that's not going to be popular with most people here. It's not my place to tell you how to run the site, but there's just too much trolling and agendas.

Young X
All he has to do is play like he did in the regular season and not get outscored by role players for 2 straight games in the finals.

Magic 32
*Score at least 30-40 points / take 30 FGA every single game (nevermind teammates, defense, assists, clutch, rebounds, efficiency, the point-forward crap, just the chuck the ball).... or else he "needs to do more"....

*NEVER have teammates play good even ONCE, especially in wins..... or else he is a "frontrunner / got carried"...

*Do not create excellent plays for his teammates entire game..... if its a win then he is a "frontrunner"...... if its a loss then he is "to passive, afraid".....

*Not have to nice numbers / triple doubles / crazy allround numbers.... or else he is a "statpadder"..... if its a loss then "he shut out his teammates"...

*Make at least 10-15 points every 4th quarter and hit ALL clutch shots.... or else he is a "choker"... if he does all that and loses anyways then screw it still a "choker" considering its a loss....

*Do not play in 4th when you have a 10+ point lead.... or else he is a "statpadder in garbage time"

*Be Jordan.... not Magic.... or else he is to "passive/needs to score, shoot more"...

etc.

How about playing just one great game in the finals start to finish.

This is like an irrational "it's all my fault" desperate houswifes breakdown.

Would you be here gloating if he played great?

:rolleyes:

Peteballa
06-09-2013, 11:46 PM

The majority of the people posting here have agendas and ridiculous biases, whether they are anti-LeBron, anti-Kobe, anti-Jordan, etc. I can't remember the last time I saw a thread that was objective and had pure basketball discussion that didn't turn into a bunch of trolls arguing amongst each other. It's a great forum for the reason that it isn't on total lockdown and you can freely speak your opinion, and there ARE some great posters on here, but what Seba said is spot on.

PickernRoller
06-09-2013, 11:46 PM
How about playing just one great game in the finals start to finish.

This is like an irrational "it's all my fault" desperate houswifes breakdown.

Would you be here gloating if he played great?

:rolleyes:

It's called damage control. Count the many gimmicks in the first page.....6+

ripthekik
06-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Seriously, what's wrong with pointing out flaws in his games? Anyone watching the games today could clearly see it. He played badly (2011 style) until the 4th quarter, when they were up by 10.

It's not something new. It's something we've said about Lebron for years now, and it's the same story. He just doesn't play well under pressure or when the game is close. If lebron fans could accept this, maybe we wouldn't be discussing it so much.

SpaceJammeR
06-09-2013, 11:47 PM
ignore everyone. basically, you have chicago, indiana, oklahoma, new york and etc fans cheering for any team to beat miami. lebron had a shitty offensive game so he started passing and finding open teammates.

what's worse? having a bad offensive night, continue chucking and missing shots, and losing the game

or having a bad offensive night, and finding open teammates, and winning the game?

Kingwillball
06-09-2013, 11:48 PM

etc.

Great post Pauk u hit the nail on the head with the haters..:applause:

tpols
06-09-2013, 11:49 PM
I'll say this.. If Bron averages what he is now 17/7/13 heat will not win this series. Shades of 2011 passiveness tonight.

ganja0710
Honestly, LeBron stans catch feelings too easily. You guys are easy to get trolled on because they know you're gonna respond like how you are right now. Just like fish bait.

Ignore that shit and move on. He's still the best player in the league, who had a below average game. Who cares? Still had some great plays that completely changed the game around and was STILL probably the best player in that game.

And Jeff, why'd you ban me? :(

NBASTATMAN
all he has to do is not be shook and lead his team in time of adversity

I agree.. It's the shook part that hurts him.. DUDE looked scurrrrrrrrrrrrreddd

305Baller
I know, right?

http://i.imgur.com/38qWxGo.jpg

ripthekik
Great post Pauk u hit the nail on the head with the haters..:applause:

Lebron U are playing like a Soft POS p@ssy !!!
:lol

Ne 1
06-09-2013, 11:50 PM
I'll say this.. If Bron averages what he is now 17/7/13 heat will not win this series. Shades of 2011 passiveness tonight.

pauk actually blamed Wade for LeBron's 2011 performance. Not even joking.

bmulls
06-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Seriously, what's wrong with pointing out flaws in his games? Anyone watching the games today could clearly see it. He played badly (2011 style) until the 4th quarter, when they were up by 10.

It's not something new. It's something we've said about Lebron for years now, and it's the same story. He just doesn't play well under pressure or when the game is close. If lebron fans could accept this, maybe we wouldn't be discussing it so much.

Lebron had a game winner with 2 secs left vs Indiana. He outscored the Pacers by himself in the 3rd quarter of game 5. If Lebron wasn't a big game player we would be watching Pacers-Spurs right now.

The "Lebron is a choker" myth has been debunked time and time again. It's getting really sad that you keep bringing it up. I shouldn't be surprised though, you've got to be a pretty big dumbass to get a reputation as a bad poster on a site like ISH.

Magic 32
06-09-2013, 11:51 PM

http://img.pandawhale.com/39721-Robert-Downey-Jr-clapping-gif-ZTtq.gif

tpols
06-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Heat fans were furious in the GT until Miami caught fire from 3 because lebron wouldn't shoot. Defenders were giving him wide open midrange.. He wouldn't take it. Can't believe SAS didn't take advantage of tonight. Pop must be furious

Magic 32
06-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Lebron had a game winner with 2 secs left vs Indiana. He outscored the Pacers by himself in the 3rd quarter of game 5. If Lebron wasn't a big game player we would be watching Pacers-Spurs right now.

The "Lebron is a choker" myth has been debunked time and time again. It's getting really sad that you keep bringing it up. I shouldn't be surprised though, you've got to be a pretty big dumbass to get a reputation as a bad poster on a site like ISH.

Lebron fans gives no credit to Kobe when he plays like a god in the WCF but plays bad in the finals (2000, 2001, 2008,). Why should we care about what Lebron did in the ECF?

PickernRoller

:roll: :roll: :lol

ripthekik

For every clutch play he makes, there are 3 games that he plays bad in. Today is such an example where he was MIA for 3 quarters. He also choked in the pacer series, his pass got deflected by West and led to a W for Pacers, remember?

It has not been debunked at all, and people who actually watch the games like us tonight see the same old player.

Trollsmasher
06-09-2013, 11:54 PM
:applause:

bmulls
06-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Lebron fans gives no credit to Kobe when he played like a god in the WCF (2001, 2008). Why should we care about what Lebron did in the ECF?

:biggums:

Kobe has nothing to do with this discussion. The Lakers were swept in the 2nd round and Kobe can't even fcking walk. What Kobe did 5 years ago has no bearing on the 2013 NBA finals.

If you want to talk about basketball that's fine, if you're going to sit here and turn everything into Kobe vs. Lebron then just fck off.

tpols

He got a layup off a broken defensive assignment. :oldlol:

Bron is probably the greatest basketball talent ever, but since he's come to Miami he's dealt with all the stigmas with how he left Cleveland and has a tendency to go passive offensively and not want to shoot in high pressure situations. If he can get to the basket? Yea he'll lay it in.. But he won't shoot anything 95 percent of the time.. He'll kick it.

hitmanyr2k
ALL Lebron has to do is win.... thats the only thing he needs to do.... thats my point...

Cmon, that's not true at all. You're not a Heat fan. You're a Lebron stan...the ultimate Lebron stan. And the trolls know it's eating you up inside (as well as other Lebron stans) that Lebron is playing like this in the Finals and showing how limited offensively he is instead of putting on a show. I know you and no other Lebron fan out there want to see him playing passive with a 6 point game through 3 qtrs on the big stage and then watch Mario freakin Chalmers steal the spotlight while Lebron over-compensates for his earlier lackluster play in garbage time. That's gotta disappoint you no matter how many essays you write up.

Magic 32
06-09-2013, 11:59 PM
:biggums:

Kobe has nothing to do with this discussion. The Lakers were swept in the 2nd round and Kobe can't even fcking walk. What Kobe did 5 years ago has no bearing on the 2013 NBA finals.

If you want to talk about basketball that's fine, if you're going to sit here and turn everything into Kobe vs. Lebron then just fck off.

:banana:

bmulls
06-10-2013, 12:00 AM
He got a layup off a broken defensive assignment. :oldlol:

Bron is probably the greatest basketball talent ever, but since he's come to Miami he's dealt with all the stigmas with how he left Cleveland and has a tendency to go passive offensively and not want to shoot in high pressure situations. If he can get to the basket? Yea he'll lay it in.. But he won't shoot anything 95 percent of the time.. He'll kick it.

Nitpicking his game winner aside, your major criticism of Lebron is that he doesn't always shoot, he sometimes passes?

I don't know if you've been watching the last 2 seasons but his approach seems to be working bro.

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
06-10-2013, 12:00 AM
No he basically has to LEAD his team to a victory instead of stat padding.

ripthekik
06-10-2013, 12:01 AM
So during the game even the biggest lebron stans admitted he was having a pathetic game, because it was so obvious:

WTF are U doing Lebron gets blocked than Loses Green on D for a Layup.. LEbron is playing his WORST game since 2011 finals..

wow lebron is missing right now. wtf.

I just don't get this guy anymore.:banghead:

After two absolutely perfect years, he just goes back to playing like the biggest pu**y in the history for absolutely no reason:facepalm

Hard to be a fan.

If LBJ doesn't have a monster fourth quarter...:facepalm

LeBron playing full 2011 mode.

And now after the game we're criticizing him for those 3 quarters and not showing up when it matters, we're the ones who are trolling???
All of a sudden, after the game and those posts above, Lebron has a great game?

Really?

Magic 32
06-10-2013, 12:04 AM
So during the game even the biggest lebron stans admitted he was having a pathetic game, because it was so obvious:

And now after the game we're criticizing him for those 3 quarters and not showing up when it matters, we're the ones who are trolling???

Really?

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

insidehoops
06-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Lebron fans gives no credit to Kobe when he plays like a god in the WCF but plays bad in the finals (2000, 2001, 2008,). Why should we care about what Lebron did in the ECF?

Jesus Christ, another Kobe fan who has to rationalize why he won't discuss basketball in honest fashion

305Baller
Have you considered not being a trolling piece of sh*t douchebag, and just talking basketball like a normal, honest, intelligent basketball fan?

http://data.whicdn.com/images/32048419/lol-black-and-white-Favim.com-465238_large.gif

chazzy
Lol at that pauk hyperbole. Lebron had a 12/5/5 game on 33% shooting, while up 19 with 9 minutes left in the game. How was that a great game? This is rich coming from this guy:

watch 4th quarter of kobes 81 point game.... he could have went out like a hero... he had 60 something points at the end of 3rd and they had a very good lead and blowout.... all those points were necessary even tho its selfish............ but 4th quarter destroyed that as he still comes back in to take more shots just to break somekindof record... he forced all his teammates to get him the ball so he could shoot or else he got really mad........ it was not basketball anymore... it was a circus.... like watching NBA 2K11 played by some kobe ******ging kiddie taking all of the teams shots...... was discusted by that game....

thats stat padding....

tpols
06-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Nitpicking his game winner aside, your major criticism of Lebron is that he doesn't always shoot, he sometimes passes?

I don't know if you've been watching the last 2 seasons but his approach seems to be working bro.
What?? Lebron's been a 29/8/8ish player over the past two years.

2011 finals he was 17/8/8
2013 finals he is 17/7/13

Im not even a stats guy but if that isn't proof for you IDK what to say. Bron went so soft in this game until his shooters made it rain and Chalmers exploded.

The Bron were seeing in the finals now isn't the same one playing versus indy.. He was aggressive there except for a few fourth quarters when he caught the passing bug again and threw the game away. He's been scared to shoot here.

We're talking a 40 percent three point shooter whose jumper has gotten a very good.. Being given five feet of space inside the three point line. He was scared to shoot.

Magic 32
06-10-2013, 12:07 AM
Jesus Christ, another Kobe fan who has to rationalize why he won't discuss basketball in honest fashion

Goes both ways.

hitmanyr2k
06-10-2013, 12:10 AM
What?? Lebron's been a 29/8/8ish player over the past two years.

2011 finals he was 17/8/8
2013 finals he is 17/7/13

Im not even a stats guy but if that isn't proof for you IDK what to say. Bron went so soft in this game until his shooters made it rain and Chalmers exploded.

The Bron were seeing in the finals now isn't the same one playing versus indy.. He was aggressive there except for a few fourth quarters when he caught the passing bug again and threw the game away. He's been scared to shoot here.

We're talking a 40 percent three point shooter whose jumper has gotten a very good.. Being given five feet of space inside the three point line. He was scared to shoot.

The worst part is every damn Lebron fan on this board said how much easier Lebron was going to have it in the Finals against the Spurs. They expected big numbers. The Spurs have no Hibbert to prevent Lebron from getting in the paint and scoring at will. The Spurs have no Paul George. Kahwi Leonard play defense as good as Paul George? Yeah right. Where is all that talk now?

Straight_Ballin
06-10-2013, 12:11 AM

Really?

Wow, you just owned these boards. I love how its crickets now and no one has shit to say. It must be hard to troll against the concrete facts you just posted. Good post.

CavaliersFTW
06-10-2013, 12:13 AM
So then is this an open admission that players like Bill Russell (whom all he did was win) is and always has been far greater than players like Lebron - who is currently just trying to "win" (but MUCH less successfully than Bill Russell ever did)? Or will stats suddenly matter to you if I bring up Bill Russell? Because it seems you love to boast about stats and PER when Lebron isn't winning. Now that he's suddenly winning with below his average stats, not that I even personally care I don't think it changes anything, but now that he's winning with below avg stats you want us to just focus on the W's?

Le Shaqtus
06-10-2013, 12:14 AM
LeBron needs to prove all his haters wrong, he's not even averaging his regular season numbers in the finals. His stans want to call him a GOAT but he's not even playing like a top 10 player right now.

I realise we're only 2 games in, but if I didn't know who LeBron James is and I watched these two games I'd think he was just a very good role player right now. I want him to do something amazing and he's just lackluster and boring.

wpdougie2180
06-10-2013, 12:15 AM
I have no dog in the race but the reason people jump on every little thing guys like lebron or kobe do is mostly because of media backlash (similar to the one vs Farve). When the media tries to force feed you a narrative when it's clearly false people don't like that. Lebron almost refuse to take a shot that he doesn't think is a 100 percent shot and has had trouble finishing over height. See the thing is the spurs are daring him to shot but he seems confused (my pure speculation) by them backing off him and closing the paint down. Now the reason people are jumping all over this is you couldn't defend any other all time great like that (he very rarely pulls off the dribble either he gets to the rim or passes) they'd just get to their spot and rise up and torch you but lebron passes it and then passes it and depending on the result he's praised for them hitting or the suck if they miss. So if the media portrays him as being on par with a guy such as jordan or wilt or bird or magic or any other guy ranked that high i didn't mention he has to do the things they did or better and scoring 17 or fewer 3 different Finals series is not going to cut it even if they win. (this series just started but he has to pick it up going forward which he can do)

plowking
06-10-2013, 12:17 AM

Really?

He had a great 4th quarter though. That's when it matters, right? Or not anymore? :oldlol:

insidehoops
06-10-2013, 12:19 AM
LeBron James in the Pacers series averaged 29 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 1.4 steals, 1.4 blocks on 51% shooting.

D-Wade and Bosh combined to average 26 ppg in that series

fpliii
06-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Take more jumpers, and ideally make them. If they aren't falling, crash the boards like mad and play great defense (and attack the rim when the opportunity presents itself).

ThaRegul8r
06-10-2013, 12:23 AM

It's your site, so of course you're going to disagree. (What else are you going to say? :confusedshrug:) It's obligatory.

tpols
06-10-2013, 12:23 AM
LeBron James in the Pacers series averaged 29 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 1.4 steals, 1.4 blocks on 51% shooting.

LeBron in the 2011 Chicago series averaged similar numbers.. 27/8/7 And then in the finals he shat the bed and his ppg dropped by ten just like it has now because he was afraid to shoot. Lucky for him his team is much better right now and all his shooters are on fire.

Why are you such an apologist? He could very well come out strong next few games and retain his crown and this will be forgotten. We're just talking what's happening now.

TonyMontana
06-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Welcome to todays NBA fans. The only thing they care abot is taking all of the shots and scoring all of the points(thanks kobe and jordan). Doesn't matter if your putting work on the boards, playing great D, faciliating for teammates.

Nope, if your not chucking up shots your getting "carried". :oldlol:

Lets ignore that one dimensional scorers like Kobe/Jordan hardly effected their teams W/L in the standings.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

:applause: :applause:

Kobe stans worst nightmare....facts. They will just bring up irrelevant points when you try to have a serious discussion with them.

fpliii
06-10-2013, 12:25 AM

Jeff - please add a Player Comparisons subforum

ThaRegul8r
06-10-2013, 12:25 AM
So then is this an open admission that players like Bill Russell (whom all he did was win) is and always has been far greater than players like Lebron - who is currently just trying to "win" (but MUCH less successfully than Bill Russell ever did)?

:eek:

Straight_Ballin
06-10-2013, 12:27 AM
He had a great 4th quarter though. That's when it matters, right? Or not anymore? :oldlol:

Yes, he had a great 4th qtr when they were up by 20 already.

ripthekik
06-10-2013, 12:27 AM
Wow, you just owned these boards. I love how its crickets now and no one has shit to say. It must be hard to troll against the concrete facts you just posted. Good post.
The funny thing, we're saying the same things now that Heat fans said during the game thread (because it was so obviously true). And now all of a sudden we're called out as being haters and trolling, even by the admin.

The same things get said in the game thread by heat fans, and now after the game we can't say it anymore? :oldlol:

Ridiculous.

Straight_Ballin
06-10-2013, 12:33 AM
The funny thing, we're saying the same things now that Heat fans said during the game thread (because it was so obviously true). And now all of a sudden we're called out as being haters and trolling, even by the admin.

The same things get said in the game thread by heat fans, and now after the game we can't say it anymore? :oldlol:

Ridiculous.

Nope, the game is over so obviously we are not allowed to reiterate Bron stans posts. If ever there was a double standard. :lol

Straight_Ballin
06-10-2013, 12:37 AM
Lets ignore that one dimensional scorers like Kobe/Jordan hardly effected their teams W/L....

NumberSix
06-10-2013, 12:39 AM
Don't care. Heat won.

ThaRegul8r
06-10-2013, 12:40 AM
Welcome to todays NBA fans. The only thing they care abot is taking all of the shots and scoring all of the points(thanks kobe and jordan). Doesn't matter if your putting work on the boards, playing great D, faciliating for teammates.

Wayne Embry: I always believed that when it came to basketball, the commissioner was a style-over-substance person who thought the best way to sell the NBA was to promote individual stars or individuals as opposed to teams. The more slam dunks on ESPN, the better. I was greatly distressed when one of my favorite authors, John Edgar Wideman, described the NBA as a modern-day minstrel show. [...] I agreed with Wideman. Stern converted the players into entertainers rather than competitors. If entertainment is the goal, winning is not that important.

NBA fans like exactly what they've been conditioned to like. It was a resounding success. :applause:

oh the horror
06-10-2013, 12:40 AM

Lets ignore that one dimensional scorers like Kobe/Jordan hardly effected their teams W/L in the standings.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

:applause: :applause:

Kobe stans worst nightmare....facts. They will just bring up irrelevant points when you try to have a serious discussion with them.

This has to be the dumbest most obnoxious kid on this forum.

CAstill
06-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Yes, he had a great 4th qtr when they were up by 20 already.

Lebron had a sub par game and an exciting block. The reality is not even the Kobe fans would be hating as much if he didn't act like a jack ass as soon as he felt comfortable with his team doing most of the work. I want to see the same attitude through out the whole game not all of a sudden out of the blue because you're team bailed you out.

ripthekik
06-10-2013, 12:45 AM
This has to be the dumbest most obnoxious kid on this forum.
But a post like that is fine and doesn't get noticed because it's not "trolling" against Lebron.

At this point I won't even be mad if I'm banned. It's pretty clear the direction the site is taking. The sensitivity for any anti-Lebron discussion is off the charts. Even though this is the finals, we can't discuss about one of the biggest names in the game after he had a bad game. Apparently that is not basketball talk. Basketball talk is like that post above.

CAstill
06-10-2013, 12:51 AM
Wayne Embry: I always believed that when it came to basketball, the commissioner was a style-over-substance person who thought the best way to sell the NBA was to promote individual stars or individuals as opposed to teams. The more slam dunks on ESPN, the better. I was greatly distressed when one of my favorite authors, John Edgar Wideman, described the NBA as a modern-day minstrel show. [...] I agreed with Wideman. Stern converted the players into entertainers rather than competitors. If entertainment is the goal, winning is not that important.

NBA fans like exactly what they've been conditioned to like. It was a resounding success. :applause:

Didn't Jordan tell Stern to not do that because you won't find another Jordan that will transcend the game after him? Kobe took up the challenge and now Lebron is on the same mission but after those 3 who really has even came close?

fpliii
OT: I'm sure this has been said dozens of times already here, but brilliant move using LeBron to set high screens. Not sure if it was Spo's call or if LeBron initiated on his own, but it worked very well. I think we've been calling for him to run around to spot up (and he's been great in catch and shoot situations this year), but I think he's better used off-ball playing like a big and setting picks (especially since he's a threat to go to the hole).

360crazy

etc.

It's best to ignore those posters. Don't respond to them. Just let them have a circle jerk of hating. Ignore them and maybe they'll go away,

KG215
06-10-2013, 01:02 AM
A fairly short, to the point sentence, yet it contains so much stupidity. That's actually impressive.

Nash
06-10-2013, 08:11 AM
still the best player in the world by a mile.

All Net
06-10-2013, 08:13 AM

etc.

Honestly I agree,it is annoying as hell with what people come out with..

Nevaeh
06-10-2013, 08:36 AM

Dude, they lost one, they won one. 1-1 series. The first 2 games in the finals have always been about both teams feeling each other out. The HEAT are the ones that won with Lebron playing like crap by 19 points. Now the Spurs are forced to strategize, more than the Heat are. Just sayin'.

nathanjizzle
06-10-2013, 10:31 AM
pauk is the most delusional poster ever. did he not see lebron passing on open mid range shots, ones where the defense deliberately left him open because they knew he was scared.

Psycho
06-10-2013, 10:36 AM
pauk is the most delusional poster ever. did he not see lebron passing on open mid range shots, ones where the defense deliberately left him open because they knew he was scared.

You can't just be shooting it out every chance you get or you'll become fatigued, jizz.

TheMan
06-10-2013, 10:59 AM

Really?
Bron stans ethered...and you know Pauk was also feeling the same, he was just smart enough to not post his thoughts in the GT:oldlol:

/thread

TheMan
06-10-2013, 11:15 AM
A fairly short, to the point sentence, yet it contains so much stupidity. That's actually impressive.
Yes, that kid is easily the dumbest poster here, IMPRESSIVE is an understatement.

Orlando Magic
06-10-2013, 11:22 AM

Well that's because you yourself, deep down, are a clown. The vast majority of the topics end up on Kobe & LeBron(the part that you're failing to acknowledge for some reason), so what does that say about your forum if you admit that topics on the two guys end up going crazy directions?

Do something about it or, like I said before, shut up about it.

sportjames23
06-10-2013, 11:27 AM
OP rather insecure that bron played like a front runner tonight. Give it a rest...

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

HurricaneKid
06-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Some of you still don't get it. SA was trying to turn him into an 18 foot shooter. He is a good midrange shooter but the truth is that is a terribly inefficient shot and teams SHOULDN'T settle for it. Saying he is a lesser player because he doesn't settle belies YOUR inadequecies, not his.

On the flip side of that, LeBron was terrible last night. He was a poor rebounder; Kawhi got 8 offensive rebounds, at least 7 on LeBron. He was a terrible defender; he lost Green several times and it is evident whoever he is guarding is cutting back door or to the corner for a short 3. He was even missing layups in the open court.

Still, almost the entire run happened with Parker, Duncan, and Leonard on the floor and included Rio, Ray, Bird, Mike Miller and LeBron. So it was basically Miami's bench+LeBron against SA starters. Not a lot of guys could take their backups on a run like that against SA.

Pointguard
06-10-2013, 12:23 PM
I give Lebron a lot of credit... . he simply doesn't try to be a superstar. He's ok with being submerged for getting the team going, above his own play. I do think if his teammates were more dependable he wouldn't be in this dilemma. If his teammates don't get going then opponents know they can try to isolate Lebron. He won't push the issue. When Duncan did this it didn't cause a stir because his game was never really high profile. SA is more a system than a talent operative.

But Lebron is under more pressure because he started off in SuperNova mode and people expect that above how the team functions. His team excelled all year long but they suffered pretty bad for the last 14 games. Lebron has had to go from sometimes leading into sometimes pushing from the back. He's one of the few players ever to have success both ways. Though people seem to really hate it when he pushes from the back because it requires more work to see his effect. But a player is a player and a winner a winner.

Le Shaqtus
06-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Say something bad about LeBron or have a negative opinion on something he does and you're a hater... :confusedshrug: there's a clear favouritism for him on this board.

DMAVS41
06-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Has it really gotten so bad that we all just can't admit Lebron played like shit last night until the 4th? That his team finally showed up in a key game in which Lebron just didn't have it going?

Lebron played poorly...Heat won. Happens all the time for every other great player that won a title.

I'm more interested in where all the Parker people are. The ones claiming he's better than prime Wade. Parker has honestly been shit outside the 4th qtr of game 1.