PDA

View Full Version : Why did LeBron just stand there for like 5 seconds after that block?

ConanRulesNBC
06-10-2013, 12:49 AM
That's why I can't stand him. Has to show off for a few seconds before running back down the court and getting back on offense. Was a sick block though.

Psycho
06-10-2013, 12:53 AM
He was probably making sure no one got hurt while he was blocking the ball before resuming play. What a nice guy.

Bandito
06-10-2013, 12:53 AM
I was thinking the same thing too. Some people are just showoffs.:roll:

jstern
06-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Most players have a similar reaction when they do a power move on someone. Like when they dunk really hard on someone. They scream, yell, pure emotions.

Trollsmasher
He was getting ready for that fantastic pass to Ray:rockon:

ClutchOver9000
guarantee you LBJ wouldn't have done that had the Heat been down...

tmacattack33
06-10-2013, 12:56 AM
Damn, op has made me see the light and change my opinion on mj. I remember the mj stare down on Ewing after dunking on him.

I never thought about until now... But wow mj was a huge a hole for that and thus I don't like mj anymore.

ConanRulesNBC
06-10-2013, 12:59 AM
Damn, op has made me see the light and change my opinion on mj. I remember the mj stare down on Ewing after dunking on him.

I never thought about until now... But wow mj was a huge a hole for that and thus I don't like mj anymore.

Different scenario right there. This wasn't after a dunk and the clock was stopped so they could inbound the ball. The game was still going on right after LeBron's block and everyone was on the other side of the court already and LeBron was still on the other side showing off to the crowd.

FLDFSU
06-10-2013, 01:01 AM
That's why I can't stand him. Has to show off for a few seconds before running back down the court and getting back on offense. Was a sick block though.

Why does the Bulls just stand there and let Miami own them in the playoffs :confusedshrug:

ConanRulesNBC
06-10-2013, 01:03 AM
Why does the Bulls just stand there and let Miami own them in the playoffs :confusedshrug:

You mean Miami and the refs?

Bandito
06-10-2013, 01:05 AM
They can't do anything when the Refs blow the whistle in order to gift them Free throws...

TylerOO
I did the same thing. Stood up in my room and just embraced in it. Greatest block in a long time, possibly all time.

TylerOO
He was probably making sure no one got hurt while he was blocking the ball before resuming play. What a nice guy.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :applause: :applause:

FLDFSU
06-10-2013, 01:07 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIwCYtUKjz8

:roll: :roll:

NattyPButter
06-10-2013, 01:15 AM
you can do what ever you want when you have the lead.

razzredazzre
06-10-2013, 01:36 AM
Kobe would immediately get the ball back to attack the defense.

jstern
06-10-2013, 02:07 AM
Just looked at the play and he got an assist following the block.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnFWhYHvoWQ

Then a steal, and a dunk.

bluechox2
06-10-2013, 02:08 AM
:roll: when the rest of his team went on a fast break

bluechox2
06-10-2013, 02:10 AM

he cud have scored had he ran back on time, but that wud be unlikely cus he wud have looked to pass it

NumberSix
06-10-2013, 02:12 AM
Because he was getting wood.

ispin69
06-10-2013, 02:19 AM
I thought the same thing, freakin show off stop celebrating --- get back on offense. But that was a boss move and being in the offense isn't as important as when people cry on and not get back on defense.

Block, assist to Ray Allen for the 3, steal & dunk.

Mr. Jabbar
06-10-2013, 02:34 AM
Showoff after dunks/blocks is ok with me, censoring it would just pussify the league even further. its also a bad idea to get on the way of a player when he is showing off, ask harden

AintNoSunshine
06-10-2013, 02:41 AM
:oldlol: OP, if it's making you mad don't watch, it's not good for your health. i thhink you might have a stroke on the day Lebron wins his second FMVP trophy

Ca$H
06-10-2013, 02:47 AM
damn. Someone should have slipped their foot underneath him when he was coming down a la Jalen Rose on Kobe

funnystuff
06-10-2013, 02:50 AM
:applause:

kshutts1
06-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Most players have a similar reaction when they do a power move on someone. Like when they dunk really hard on someone. They scream, yell, pure emotions.

Most players celebrate while running back down the court. Lebron celebrates with the fans, because he's not Jordan.

STATUTORY
06-10-2013, 07:37 AM
guy is a punk, he's always acting hard, talking shit when his team is in the lead or early in the game

but in the 3rd quarter when Danny Green was stroking it in his face like a creampie compilation, the dude was silent and SHAKEN

9erempiree
06-10-2013, 07:39 AM
It was his first time blocking someone's shot attempting to go for a dunk. A lot of people say Kobe wouldn't show off but to be fair. Kobe has been blocking dunk attempts for years now.

It really shows you who watches basketball and who doesn't, when they consider Lebron's block a great block. It's a nice block but wasn't all that great considering all the ones I've seen over my long and intelligent observation of the NBA, that spans before the birth of many members on this site.

livinglegend
06-10-2013, 07:41 AM
THis shows how butthurt OP is.

Tmuston Beltics
06-10-2013, 07:46 AM

lol:D

AintNoSunshine
06-10-2013, 07:47 AM

Man Lebron is fukking amazing, that sequence:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :oldlol:

AT9
06-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Because he's a d*ck.

PistonsFan#21
06-10-2013, 08:07 AM
Because he's a d*ck.

Hes a dick and he gave them p*ssy Spurs a pounding :pimp:

aj1987
06-10-2013, 08:15 AM
damn. Someone should have slipped their foot underneath him when he was coming down a la Jalen Rose on Kobe
How mad are you right now, that you're wishing that players get injured? Not cool bro.:facepalm

All Net
06-10-2013, 08:21 AM
I swear some bulls fans are complete morons when it comes to the heat and Lebron.

b4uc.23
06-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Lbj is really the the most scrutinized player .. ever..

jzek
06-10-2013, 09:30 AM
For pictures and sh*t.

Foster5k
06-10-2013, 09:37 AM
He was in the moment. Why did Jordan stick out his tongue when driving the lane, etc? Why did Antonie Walker do the shimmy? When you're in that moment, a moment that freezes you in space/time, sometimes you do things that are not logical.

We're not Spock from Star Trek. We're human beings. We do illogical things that do not always have clear logical explainations.

/thread

FKAri
06-10-2013, 10:54 AM

You don't say...:oldlol:

cos88
06-10-2013, 10:57 AM

i think you don't stand him because he pissed on your team year after year after year. :(

ReturnofJPR
06-10-2013, 11:03 AM
LeBron disrespects the game. He always has.

LeBron is a jackass! Plain and simple, the guy is an overgrown 12 year old trapped in an older person's body. This is the same guy who dances on the sidelines and shows up his opponents. He's a clown!

He should of gotten a technical...

Lebron Flocka J
06-10-2013, 11:11 AM
It was his first time blocking someone's shot attempting to go for a dunk. A lot of people say Kobe wouldn't show off but to be fair. Kobe has been blocking dunk attempts for years now.

It really shows you who watches basketball and who doesn't, when they consider Lebron's block a great block. It's a nice block but wasn't all that great considering all the ones I've seen over my long and intelligent observation of the NBA, that spans before the birth of many members on this site.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPeO4cV4TX8:bowdown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmlaFwXkb2w:bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sub6m6om2xU:bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN_NvujgnpI:bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFUoJLf0G7Q:bowdown:

My fav lebron destroying KOBE .....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHjtGMqm9o8

That was only a few of his blocks keep talk about shit about things don't understand fool.

Psycho
06-10-2013, 11:15 AM

Yeah! You don't understand! Yeah! Foo!

kshutts1
06-10-2013, 11:24 AM
He was in the moment. Why did Jordan stick out his tongue when driving the lane, etc? Why did Antonie Walker do the shimmy? When you're in that moment, a moment that freezes you in space/time, sometimes you do things that are not logical.

We're not Spock from Star Trek. We're human beings. We do illogical things that do not always have clear logical explainations.

/thread

In both of those examples, the players in question could be considered as doing something useful.
Jordan -- It was DURING the move/dunk he was making. Had no affect on the outcome of the play. Terrible example.
Walker -- While unnecessary gloating, at least he shimmied DOWN the court, thus being X feet closer to the defensive side.
Lebron -- Celebrated by heading AWAY FROM THE PLAY and TOWARDS the crowd. Completely took himself out of that "fast break" play. I can think of no other similar circumstance where a superstar player celebrated, and said celebration took him out of the play. What if the Heat hadn't scored quickly on that possession, or at all? Lebron would be crucified. Only reason his pathetic actions are overlooked or accepted by the majority is because his team scored on that possession, without him, playing 4 on 5, because Lebron chose to celebrate like a clown.

DaSeba5
06-10-2013, 11:30 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1494409/cartman-tears-o.gif

HoopsFanNumero1
06-10-2013, 11:33 AM
In both of those examples, the players in question could be considered as doing something useful.
Jordan -- It was DURING the move/dunk he was making. Had no affect on the outcome of the play. Terrible example.
Walker -- While unnecessary gloating, at least he shimmied DOWN the court, thus being X feet closer to the defensive side.
Lebron -- Celebrated by heading AWAY FROM THE PLAY and TOWARDS the crowd. Completely took himself out of that "fast break" play. I can think of no other similar circumstance where a superstar player celebrated, and said celebration took him out of the play. What if the Heat hadn't scored quickly on that possession, or at all? Lebron would be crucified. Only reason his pathetic actions are overlooked or accepted by the majority is because his team scored on that possession, without him, playing 4 on 5, because Lebron chose to celebrate like a clown.

Yeah, but they scored and Lebron actually assisted Ray Allen on the shot, so your whole post is useless.

kshutts1
06-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Yeah, but they scored and Lebron actually assisted Ray Allen on the shot, so your whole post is useless.
The Heat did score. That's why I mentioned it in my post, as the only reason Lebron isn't being attacked for his ridiculous celebration.

However, Lebron did not assist on that score. He assisted on the score in the NEXT possession. So.... yeah.

HoopsFanNumero1
06-10-2013, 11:46 AM
The Heat did score. That's why I mentioned it in my post, as the only reason Lebron isn't being attacked for his ridiculous celebration.

However, Lebron did not assist on that score. He assisted on the score in the NEXT possession. So.... yeah.

Wait, hold on. This is the play right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnFWhYHvoWQ

Lebron gets the block, stands there while his team runs up the floor, and then joins them. He assisted in the same possession. Did I miss something?

kshutts1
06-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Wait, hold on. This is the play right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnFWhYHvoWQ

Lebron gets the block, stands there while his team runs up the floor, and then joins them. He assisted in the same possession. Did I miss something?

No, you did not. I did. My apologies.

I don't believe the end result (assisted on basket) justifies the means (celebration down on wrong end), though.

HoopsFanNumero1
06-10-2013, 11:58 AM
No, you did not. I did. My apologies.

I don't believe the end result (assisted on basket) justifies the means (celebration down on wrong end), though.

It's all good. I thought it was kind of silly too at first but little things like that can help increase your confidence. He was having a pretty bad shooting game up until that point so if that's what it took him to get aggressive again, it's not that big of a deal to me.

kshutts1
06-10-2013, 12:03 PM
It's all good. I thought it was kind of silly too at first but little things like that can help increase your confidence. He was having a pretty bad shooting game up until that point so if that's what it took him to get aggressive again, it's not that big of a deal to me.
Maybe if I was a fan of him I would view it that way. But I'm old-school in my beliefs, I guess. There will be a time to celebrate later -- when play has stopped. No room for showboating DURING the play/game. Stopped time? Do whatever you want. If play had stopped (blocked out of bounds.. or just stopped to commemorate the moment, lol) then I would have zero issue with it.. would actually be glad he celebrated.

HoopsFanNumero1
06-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Maybe if I was a fan of him I would view it that way. But I'm old-school in my beliefs, I guess. There will be a time to celebrate later -- when play has stopped. No room for showboating DURING the play/game. Stopped time? Do whatever you want. If play had stopped (blocked out of bounds.. or just stopped to commemorate the moment, lol) then I would have zero issue with it.. would actually be glad he celebrated.

Yeah, he probably felt stupid too, which is why he ran up the court afterwards.