06-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Book it.

6'7 240+
7'1 Wingspan
Freakishly strong and explosive
Great jumpshot out to the 3 (38%)
Handles the ball like a 3, body of a 4
Fantastic rebounder

Only weakness is his D but the tools are there to be solid on that end.

This guy is pretty much a guaranteed 20/10 threat every night, and could be a superstar next to a defensive center. Especially if Charlotte gets him at #4 as he would be their #1 option right off the bat.

Freshman year stats:
16/8 on 52% in only 27 mins per while playing through a shoulder injury and having entire defenses built around stopping him.

http://content.draftexpress.com/gallery/AnthonyBennett/1334240426.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5w2T6yqPRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ4Ye1o6A68

Foster5k
06-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Another Paul Millsap.

Twiens
06-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Another Paul Millsap.

Millsap would have a decent chance of being the best in this draft.

I see more Larry Johnson/Melo in him

toneloc103
06-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Millsap would have a decent chance of being the best in this draft.

I see more Larry Johnson/Melo in him

Melo? Wow.. thats high praise... If he goes to Charlotte what happens to MKG?

Johnny Jones
06-11-2013, 03:14 PM
I think Burke will be better.

buddha
06-11-2013, 03:14 PM
He will be a good player for the Wizards.

DukeDelonte13
06-11-2013, 03:16 PM
He's a PF IMO. He's very intriguing, could very well turn out to be the best player in his class as it seems pretty wide open.

BlazersDozen
06-11-2013, 03:16 PM
I don't like tweener players like him. He's undersized to play PF, gets lost on defense & I don't think hes a good enough rebounder to be a 20/10 guy in the NBA. He's too slow to play SF in the NBA.

He does have a good power game & can hit corner threes & mid range jumpers. Has a good shooting form too. I can see him being ROY but idk about living up to those numbers.

JMT
06-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Interesting player who usually looked like a man vs boys in college action.

The challenge is going to be to get him to play some semblance of defense, at which he appears truly disinterested, and to work within a team concept. He was a black hole in college, and unless you're really special that doesn't play well in the NBA.

I tend to be leery of the "has the tools" to play D label. If he really did, his physical dominance would have made D childs play in college. It's a lot of commitment and effort, and that seemed lacking at that end of the floor.He didn't even work for decent defensive position in the games in which I saw him.

Offensively, not much to dislike. Powerful and skilled. Smooth for his size.

Twiens
06-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Melo? Wow.. thats high praise... If he goes to Charlotte what happens to MKG?

I prefer Bennett as a PF so he'd fit really well with MKG actually.

Kemba/Henderson/MKG/Bennett/?

Get a decent center and they might have a future

BlazersDozen
06-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Interesting player who usually looked like a man vs boys in college action.

He was a man against boys in college. Did you see the teams he played?

BlazersDozen
06-11-2013, 03:22 PM
I prefer Bennett as a PF so he'd fit really well with MKG actually.

Kemba/Henderson/MKG/Bennett/?

Get a decent center and they might have a future

I actually like this because MGK isn't much of a shooter & Bennett can step out and make up for that.

JMT
06-11-2013, 03:23 PM
He was a man against boys in college. Did you see the teams he played?

Did you read the rest of the post or are you one of those posters who cherry picks one line to try and make yourself look and feel smart?

toneloc103
06-11-2013, 03:29 PM
I actually like this because MGK isn't much of a shooter & Bennett can step out and make up for that.

If he steps out, then who gets the boards? they would already be terribly undersized at the pg and pf. That lineup doesnt impress me in the least. We are assuming bennett is going to come in the L and just pile up points.. thats a lot to ask.

Twiens
06-11-2013, 03:38 PM
If he steps out, then who gets the boards? they would already be terribly undersized at the pg and pf. That lineup doesnt impress me in the least. We are assuming bennett is going to come in the L and just pile up points.. thats a lot to ask.

So you're worried about their offensive rebounding? Bennett/MKG should both be solid rebounders, not sure about their C spot. Is Mullens the long-term
answer there? He'd also fit in Washington.

Wall/Beal/Ariza/Bennett/Nene

BlazersDozen
06-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Did you read the rest of the post or are you one of those posters who cherry picks one line to try and make yourself look and feel smart?

Yes I did, you didn't mention the level of competition he faced in college. You talked about him being a black hole and uninterested on defense & if he had defensive potential he would've shown it.

:confusedshrug:

toneloc103
06-11-2013, 03:52 PM
So you're worried about their offensive rebounding? Bennett/MKG should both be solid rebounders, not sure about their C spot. Is Mullens the long-term
answer there? He'd also fit in Washington.

Wall/Beal/Ariza/Bennett/Nene

I get you T I was just wondering if he was the outside threat who would get the boards. My question is about Mullins too. That lineup with Mullins a C is downright ugly. I wonder if he is going to fall in the same hole as Derrick Williams did? Too slow for a 3, but not big enough to be a 4...

Rekindled
06-11-2013, 07:38 PM
what's all this hype about poor man's' derrick williams.

How many 6'6 PFs have became star players in the league. like 1 or 2 per decade?

bennett will be the worst defensive player in the league, gaurenteed. watching that guy makes you think your grandma could drop 40 on him , he literally plays negative defense.

veilside23
06-11-2013, 08:16 PM
^^ ... while bennett can score on all areas of the court defense is going to be his achilles heel ... he is a small zach randolph ... so i dont like his chances because he is a tweener ... we all see what thomas robinson is like and that goes with beasley and derrick williams as well. he might just as well be a heftier version of al thornton because they can score but 0 D .

EricGordon23
06-11-2013, 08:53 PM
He's a stronger draymond green

albas89
06-11-2013, 08:58 PM
I know I may sound ridiculous but from what I've seen from him, he could be a poor man's Charles Barkley... kid is extremely talented!!

Twiens
06-19-2013, 07:32 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/top-10-power-forward-prospects

CanYouDigIt
06-19-2013, 07:40 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/top-10-power-forward-prospects
6"7
240 lbs.
7"1 Wingspan
Good Jumpshot
High Energy

Imagine a bigger Kawhi Leonard

chips93
06-20-2013, 12:20 AM
6'7 in shoes, i thought he was bigger than that.

RedBlackAttack
06-20-2013, 12:21 AM
^^ ... while bennett can score on all areas of the court defense is going to be his achilles heel ... he is a small zach randolph ... so i dont like his chances because he is a tweener ... we all see what thomas robinson is like and that goes with beasley and derrick williams as well. he might just as well be a heftier version of al thornton because they can score but 0 D .
He is far more skilled than Thomas Robinson offensively. I've seen that comparison quite a few times and I don't like it. Aside from their raw measurables, there isn't much of a comparison. I didn't like Robinson at all coming out of Kansas, because I felt he relied almost completely on his athleticism and strength, and that simply wouldn't work on the next level. Also, it took TRob three years to become a real impact player at Kansas.

I think Bennett is more intriguing because he really does have that combination of a large, athletic frame and a nice offensive skillset. Still, his defense is atrocious and he is undersized for the 4 (and can't play the 3 in the NBA). Also, unlike TRob, he doesn't seem to have that nonstop motor.

I think a Paul Millsap type player is a pretty good call. I absolutely do not think he will end up being the best player in this draft, which is quite underrated, imo. He may be ROY, but that insures nothing in the long run. It just basically means you were the most NBA-ready guy in the draft who may have also been brought into a good situation where he could succeed.

Lillard won ROY last season and, while I do think he has a bright future, I don't think he'll end up being the best player in that draft. I would even bet against him being Top 3 in that draft, which had a lot of talent throughout.

I still think Otto Porter Jr. is the most NBA-ready guy and he will probably have the most impact right out of the gates, especially if he goes to Washington, which is what I think will happen. He fits there like a glove.

Btw, DraftExpress has Sacramento taking Bennett. Something about being a smallish PF makes me think that might be a bad idea. I don't know... maybe it's just TRob carryover.

RedBlackAttack
06-20-2013, 12:25 AM
6"7
240 lbs.
7"1 Wingspan
Good Jumpshot
High Energy

Imagine a bigger Kawhi Leonard
There is absolutely no comparison between Kawhi and Bennett, just as basketball players. Kawhi was pretty obviously a SF coming out of college, whereas Bennett is clearly a PF. Also, Kawhi always had a crazy motor and his biggest asset coming into the league was his defensive prowess (and ridiculously large hands).

Bennett right now is exclusively an offensive talent. He isn't good defensively and, more importantly, seems not to care much about defense at this stage.

Kawhi has a ridiculous amount of "street hunger" to use a phrase from a few years ago. I don't see that in Bennett, though he is a talented offensive player.

chips93
06-20-2013, 12:32 AM
There is absolutely no comparison between Kawhi and Bennett, just as basketball players. Kawhi was pretty obviously a SF coming out of college, whereas Bennett is clearly a PF. Also, Kawhi always had a crazy motor and his biggest asset coming into the league was his defensive prowess (and ridiculously large hands).

Bennett right now is exclusively an offensive talent. He isn't good defensively and, more importantly, seems not to care much about defense at this stage.

Kawhi has a ridiculous amount of "street hunger" to use a phrase from a few years ago. I don't see that in Bennett, though he is a talented offensive player.

i think kawhis position was a pretty big question mark coming out of college. he played power forward in college, was a beast on the boards, and didnt show much perimeter ability. he just had a great body and athleticism for a sf

bennett seems like the exact opposite. he might have the skillset to play sf, but probably not the athleticism (in terms of quickness)

RedBlackAttack
06-20-2013, 12:39 AM
i think kawhis position was a pretty big question mark coming out of college. he played power forward in college, was a beast on the boards, and didnt show much perimeter ability. he just had a great body and athleticism for a sf

bennett seems like the exact opposite. he might have the skillset to play sf, but probably not the athleticism (in terms of quickness)
The reason Kawhi slipped in the draft was probably the fact that he was absolutely built to play SF in the NBA, but just hadn't done it. I still say it was pretty obvious that was going to be his position in the NBA, out of necessity if nothing else. Bennett is completely different in that regard... Pretty much the opposite. I don't hear many voices saying he will be able to be a full-time wing.

Here's the first paragraph on Kawhi in DraftExpress' write-up heading into the draft:

The top ranked wing on our Big Board, Kawhi Leonard's stock is based primarily on his physical attributes, defensive abilities, and upside, so it's not a huge surprise that he doesn't fare very well from a purely statistical standpoint. His profile strongly indicates that he's destined to play a complimentary role in the NBA, at least in his first few seasons.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kawhi-Leonard-5821/

DukeDelonte13
06-20-2013, 08:20 AM
i think he's a little underrated coming into the draft but if he goes to the wrong team that lackadaisical attitude on the defensive end could get even worse. I wouldn't be disappointed if the cavs took him at #1 but i don't think he's the best prospect in this class. Def. a solid ROY candidate though.

Shade8780
06-20-2013, 08:25 AM
I think he'll be a good starter in the league. Second coming of Paul Millsap.

ralph_i_el
06-20-2013, 08:52 AM
See: Beasly, Derrick Williams

I hope the wiz don't draft him.

He has an interesting skill set. We need to see if he can punish average sized sf's in the post consistently

Wavves
06-20-2013, 10:23 AM
He is much heavier and stronger than tweeners that have come before him, so I think he has a legit chance of being a good, maybe even great PF.

Will need to quickly get down more PF skills before he can ever dream of becoming a star as of yet, but with his unique skill set and NBA ready body, dude can make an impact straight away.

Sakkreth
06-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Alex Len is the best player in the draft.

tontoz
06-20-2013, 10:32 AM
He said his standing reach is 8'9" which is short for a 4.

DukeDelonte13
06-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Alex Len is the best player in the draft.

Len is the most overhyped player in the draft. His advanced stats suck, he already has a stress fracture in his ankle, and if he isn't getting fed the ball he just disappears. Bonus: He's a sh*tty rebounder.

He's going to have a better rookie year than Noel but i think Len's ceiling is a mediocre starting center. Cody Zeller and Steven Adams both have a decent chance of turning out to be the better prospect than Len.

RedBlackAttack
06-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Len is the most overhyped player in the draft. His advanced stats suck, he already has a stress fracture in his ankle, and if he isn't getting fed the ball he just disappears. Bonus: He's a sh*tty rebounder.

He's going to have a better rookie year than Noel but i think Len's ceiling is a mediocre starting center. Cody Zeller and Steven Adams both have a decent chance of turning out to be the better prospect than Len.
Depending on when Noel comes back, I'd be sort of surprised if Len was better than him out of the gates. Len is considered a project himself and he doesn't have any one skill close to as refined as Noel's shot-blocking. If Noel does come back around Christmas and is completely healthy for the 2014 portion of the regular season, I think he will immediately cause problems around the rim for opponents.

I just don't see Len really shining in any aspect right out of the gates. He's very raw, really on both ends of the floor.

And that stress fracture really bothers me. I'm actually more concerned about that than I am Noel's ACL. Stress fractures can get very tricky, especially for a guy that big.

DukeDelonte13
06-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Depending on when Noel comes back, I'd be sort of surprised if Len was better than him out of the gates. Len is considered a project himself and he doesn't have any one skill close to as refined as Noel's shot-blocking. If Noel does come back around Christmas and is completely healthy for the 2014 portion of the regular season, I think he will immediately cause problems around the rim for opponents.

I just don't see Len really shining in any aspect right out of the gates. He's very raw, really on both ends of the floor.

And that stress fracture really bothers me. I'm actually more concerned about that than I am Noel's ACL. Stress fractures can get very tricky, especially for a guy that big.

Its amazing how many people have issues with noel because he MIGHT have structural damage in his knee (with no evidence whatsoever to back that up) but people seem to totally dismiss the fact that len actually has structural issues with his ankle!

Injuries aside the advance metrics seal the deal for me. Noel's consistently are best in the class, while Len's are consistently mediocre to poor.

tontoz
06-20-2013, 11:47 AM
I wasn't interested at Len when we were picking at 8. I watched him several times and he frequently seemed disinterested on both ends. Very weak motor.

I would be shocked if the Cavs take him at 1. If the Wizards take him....:cry:

Thorpesaurous
06-20-2013, 12:11 PM
I really like Bennett, but I've got concerns about the tweenerishness as well. Although mine are more at the other end. I don't see any way he can consistently guard SFs, especially in a league that's getting smaller.

But I have said in my big mock draft that I do think he's the best Bucket Getter in this draft. He will get points. The Rodney Rogers comp is very reasonable, and although Rogers had only a good pro career, not great, he lasted a long time as a guy who could create mismatches at one end. And it's not a knock. Rogers was nothing short of a great college player.

You guys should check out the mock draft I posted in the Draft Forum. It's a little dated now because I did it before the ping pong balls came out, but it still has a rough take on almost all the prospects from the info available at the time. And there's enough there that you can certainly find something to call me a moron for if you like! Very exciting stuff.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300450

Mechanixxxx
06-20-2013, 12:23 PM
I hope the Bobcats/Hornets get him

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 07:47 PM
1st pick!

Twiens
06-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Woooooo

Doctor Rivers
06-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Woooooo

Winner!

1~Gibson~1
06-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Pros: Scorer, wont be a starter but he'll bring a lot of energy off the bench as 6th/7th man, physical dude, not afraid to post up and move you around, somewhat athletic, can finish in transition.

Cons: Tweener [we al know how those tend turn out], defense may or may not be there, idk about his lateral quickness, [and if you cant play D you cant play for Mike Brown].

He's only 6'7/6'8. If he shapes up his body he'll fit the mold of a SF and should be a pretty good starter one day.

Leftimage
06-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Bennett, then Wiggins... Canada makin' US look like straight-up basketball clowns.

Naismith FTW

BoutPractice
06-28-2013, 07:04 AM
I think he's going to be productive offensively, but I believe that other players taken below him are going to be more valuable/impactful for their team.

For a tweener, he's actually quite tall with his 7'1 wingspan. I like that he seems to have a jumpshot - he'll need it a lot in the NBA, he won't just overpower people there. He has the tools to be better than Beasley and Derrick Williams.

DukeDelonte13
06-28-2013, 07:23 AM
I think he's going to be productive offensively, but I believe that other players taken below him are going to be more valuable/impactful for their team.

For a tweener, he's actually quite tall with his 7'1 wingspan. I like that he seems to have a jumpshot - he'll need it a lot in the NBA, he won't just overpower people there. He has the tools to be better than Beasley and Derrick Williams.

He's extremely strong, he has good size and explosion.

More worried about him being a defensive liability then him being able to score.

DCL
06-28-2013, 07:27 AM
canadian version of leon powe.

SpurrDurr
06-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Either is gonna lose weight and try to adjust to SF position or he's gonna bulk some more and become a Maxiell type of player with range :lol

DukeDelonte13
06-28-2013, 07:47 AM
canadian version of leon powe.

Bennet is a lot more skilled than powe.

RedBlackAttack
06-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Woooooo
Nice call. I'll admit I didn't see this one coming. I just assumed with Tristan Thompson making such a massive improvement in the last year and with this draft having what seemed like a cluster of guys at the top, the Cavs would steer clear of drafting another power forward.

It's funny... This is the third straight draft -- with the exception of Kyrie -- that they took a guy who I really didn't even look at very closely.

I think one of the main reasons the Cavs decided on Bennett was his ability in the pick-and-roll and pick-and-pop game with Kyrie and Dion. One thing is for sure... It looks like the Cavs remedied their lack of outside shooting last night. Karasev was arguably the best shooter in the draft and Bennett can step out beyond the arc and hit jumpers.

That will definitely cure some of the spacing problems which cropped up last year and give our guards more lanes to drive. I'll be very interested to see how they use Bennett and Thompson together. Should be an interesting lineup.

DukeDelonte13
06-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Nice call. I'll admit I didn't see this one coming. I just assumed with Tristan Thompson making such a massive improvement in the last year and with this draft having what seemed like a cluster of guys at the top, the Cavs would steer clear of drafting another power forward.

It's funny... This is the third straight draft -- with the exception of Kyrie -- that they took a guy who I really didn't even look at very closely.

I think one of the main reasons the Cavs decided on Bennett was his ability in the pick-and-roll and pick-and-pop game with Kyrie and Dion. One thing is for sure... It looks like the Cavs remedied their lack of outside shooting last night. Karasev was arguably the best shooter in the draft and Bennett can step out beyond the arc and hit jumpers.

That will definitely cure some of the spacing problems which cropped up last year and give our guards more lanes to drive. I'll be very interested to see how they use Bennett and Thompson together. Should be an interesting lineup.

i guess chris grant said earlier today that Bennett will be coming off the bench initially.

TT played a lot of C his rookie year though. I don't see Bennett as an SF.

Carbine
06-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Coming off the bench?

I can't recall a 1st overall pick coming off the bench to start his career.

andremiller07
06-28-2013, 01:11 PM
i guess chris grant said earlier today that Bennett will be coming off the bench initially.

TT played a lot of C his rookie year though. I don't see Bennett as an SF.
Draymond Green had solid success playing SF off the bench this year and in terms of talent/athletic ability he's not 1/10 of Bennett, physically it won't be as bad as people are making it out to be for Bennett to guards SF's, he's got a massive wingspan and good strength so he can sag back a bit. I have not watched Bennett enough to know if he's got good defensive instincts like Green which might hurt him.

While due to him being more of a tweener he will probably never be a good defender but if he "wants" to defend he won't be terrible it will come down to desire.

RedBlackAttack
06-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Draymond Green had solid success playing SF off the bench this year and in terms of talent/athletic ability he's not 1/10 of Bennett, physically it won't be as bad as people are making it out to be for Bennett to guards SF's, he's got a massive wingspan and good strength so he can sag back a bit. I have not watched Bennett enough to know if he's got good defensive instincts like Green which might hurt him.

While due to him being more of a tweener he will probably never be a good defender but if he "wants" to defend he won't be terrible it will come down to desire.
From what I've watched/read, his problems defensively were more about effort than ability. He just looks like he has no desire to play that end of the floor the majority of the time. Like I said, I guess Mike Brown feels like he can teach any young player how to play defense. You'd think a defensive-minded coach would target a guy who shows beastly characteristics on the defensive end of the floor, but it actually seems like the opposite.

He's so confident in his ability to teach guys on that end, he focuses more on the other side of the floor. Very similar to when he pushed for JJ Hickson, who was also said to have questionable traits defensively.

I do think he will be a PF the majority of the time, though. According to everything I'm hearing, Bennett wasn't chosen with the thought of him being the eventual franchise player on the wing.

Coming off the bench?

I can't recall a 1st overall pick coming off the bench to start his career.

Bargnani came off the bench initially for Toronto. He was probably the last one not to start immediately. That's not the most comforting piece of trivia in the world. :oldlol:

Though, it really wouldn't have mattered much who they went with. The only "elite" guy in this draft who was likely to start immediately was Otto Porter Jr. None of the centers were going to start over Varejao and none of the guards were going to start over Irving/Waiters.

andremiller07
06-28-2013, 01:39 PM
From what I've watched/read, his problems defensively were more about effort than ability. He just looks like he has no desire to play that end of the floor the majority of the time. Like I said, I guess
I do think he will be a PF the majority of the time, though.
If he can space the floor like they say he can and can at least provide effort on D I don't see why they wouldn't start him at SF to get him some experience and get the chemistry going early. Unless they plan on moving TT he has to play imo, no point letting Alonzo Gee get any playing time over him.

Twiens
06-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Sucks that this pick probably ruins my ROY prediction. Andy, TT, Zeller, Bennett. Hopefully he splits minutes at the 3/4 as Cavs seem to be weak there.

Is the Russian coming over this year?

RedBlackAttack
06-28-2013, 01:43 PM
If he can space the floor like they say he can and can at least provide effort on D I don't see why they wouldn't start him at SF to get him some experience and get the chemistry going early. Unless they plan on moving TT he has to play imo, no point letting Alonzo Gee get any playing time over him.
Grant has gone out of his way since the draft to say he's a power forward. He also said a couple days before the draft that no one they picked would start immediately, regardless of who it was.

DukeDelonte13
06-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Sucks that this pick probably ruins my ROY prediction. Andy, TT, Zeller, Bennett. Hopefully he splits minutes at the 3/4 as Cavs seem to be weak there.

indeed he is. He's also intriguing, son of a coach, extremely high bball iq and can really shoot. Doesn't have great handles or D though.

andremiller07
06-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Grant has gone out of his way since the draft to say he's a power forward. He also said a couple days before the draft that no one they picked would start immediately, regardless of who it was.
Strange cause I can't see how they would be any better with Gee in the starting line up over him but I guess Bennett and Dion could be like the Jarret Jack/Carl Landry GSW combo on steroids off the bench.

RedBlackAttack
06-28-2013, 01:45 PM

The word is, yes he is. He's only 19, though. I think he was maybe the youngest player in the draft. Definitely one of them. I doubt he gets a ton of minutes right off the bat.

RedBlackAttack
06-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Strange cause I can't see how they would be any better with Gee in the starting line up over him but I guess Bennett and Dion could be like the Jarret Jack/Carl Landry GSW combo on steroids off the bench.
Dion is definitely the starter. Ellington will likely be the backup at the 2. We also drafted this Carrick Felix kid from Arizona State. We'll see how he develops.

My first thought when the Bennett pick was made that they must be turning him into a SF, but that does not appear to be the case. I think they just thought he was the best talent in the draft and decided to roll with it regardless of position. Hard to argue with that philosophy.

Twiens
06-28-2013, 01:52 PM
I still think he'd play around 30mins per no? I'd rather play Bennett out of position than use Gee all game.

andremiller07
06-28-2013, 01:56 PM
I still think he'd play around 30mins per no? I'd rather play Bennett out of position than use Gee all game.
Yeap imo as the season goes on I will be shocked it they don't, maybe to start off with they might do that. I could also maybe see them using Bennett as there microwave guy off the bench and letting him just go to work when the better players like Dion/Kyrie are chilling on the bench.

CavaliersFTW
03-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Let's compare/contrast this thread with the Anthony Davis "bust" thread

BoutPractice
03-18-2014, 11:31 AM
(Thankfully my prediction was vague and conditional enough :lol We still don't know who he'll turn out, but it's not looking good that's for sure)

ImKobe
03-20-2014, 11:11 AM
http://images.rapgenius.com/21d00a0447e98cd11f0f3f0f3eb1dff1.200x150x132.gif

Uncle Drew
06-26-2017, 07:23 AM
This entire subforum is bump gold.

DukeDelonte13
06-26-2017, 07:42 AM
This entire subforum is bump gold.

yup...

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Bennett's problems were all between his ears. That guy had severe confidence issues.

If it's one thing the 2013 draft taught us it's to respect international comptetition.

Gobert and Giannis hands down the best players from that draft and would probably be picks 1 and 2 in a hindsight draft.

highwhey
06-26-2017, 03:03 PM

spot on :lol
(about alex len)

Fudge
06-26-2017, 08:15 PM
lmaoooo

kill yourself OP

BurningHammer
06-29-2017, 02:58 PM
Bennett was a bench-warmer with Fenerbah

imdaman99
07-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Was it the pressure of being the #1 pick or does he just suck? What I mean is, obviously he isn't good enough to be an NBA player right now...but could he have become if his confidence wasn't shaking at the pressure of having to turn around the Cavs? Prob not :oldlol: Kwame Brown was still gonna suck, but he had some serviceable years and was at least good defensively at times.

catzhernandez
07-23-2017, 09:55 PM
I wish Royce White wouldve panned out in 2012.

King Baron
11-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Book it.

6'7 240+
7'1 Wingspan
Freakishly strong and explosive
Great jumpshot out to the 3 (38%)
Handles the ball like a 3, body of a 4
Fantastic rebounder

Only weakness is his D but the tools are there to be solid on that end.

This guy is pretty much a guaranteed 20/10 threat every night, and could be a superstar next to a defensive center. Especially if Charlotte gets him at #4 as he would be their #1 option right off the bat.

Freshman year stats:
16/8 on 52% in only 27 mins per while playing through a shoulder injury and having entire defenses built around stopping him.

http://content.draftexpress.com/gallery/AnthonyBennett/1334240426.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5w2T6yqPRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ4Ye1o6A68

Bump.

DocSlam
11-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Bump.
It was a very underachieving draft group on paper. But now, in hindsight, we know that Victor Oladipo, Otto Porter, C.J. McCollum, Steven Adams, Dennis Schroeder, and (obviously) Giannis Adetokunbo are all serious ballers. If the Cavs had Greek Freak in that draft, and Lebron still came back a couple years later.... :rockon:

chris02jammers
11-29-2017, 04:06 AM
best joke ever

Lebron23
01-23-2022, 11:08 PM
Lmao

BurningHammer
01-28-2022, 11:23 AM
At least Bennett is still playing around the world, and is still called up to play for Team Canada. After all those years of failure at NBA level, he is still trying to carve his own path. Good for him, I guess. :ohwell:

Jud
12-06-2022, 05:02 PM
At least Bennett is still playing around the world, and is still called up to play for Team Canada. After all those years of failure at NBA level, he is still trying to carve his own path. Good for him, I guess. :ohwell:

He plays for a garbage league. The owner of that league goes by "Blackie" LOL